PDA

View Full Version : Warning for Texans fans on TOMB

Overalls
08-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Please remember that while it goes against your sense of reality when fighting the Children of Uranus and although the facts support your arguement the MODs on that board do not like it when you show them up and prove them wrong.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28492

This is just a typical thread started by a TENNhead that will get you banned for being a Texans fan. They know they have no grounds for their claims, but will draw you out into a flaim war then ban you when you get the best of them. That is how their massively homer world works. I wish you well and wish the little girls that run the board weren't afraid of good smack, but they get their feelings hurt easily if you dare to disagree with them. They are basicly cowards:rant:

gwallaia
08-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Just stay away from the TOMB Overalls. You'll be a much happier person.

Hookem Horns
08-28-2007, 12:33 AM
One thing I did notice is that as a team they have more fire in them than they ever have. I swear this is due to Carr being gone.

It looks like some of those Titans fans know their stuff.

Silver Oak
08-28-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't go there for the reasons Overalls posted. The mod over there, Yvette, is not very fair or tolerant when it comes to other opinions...even when the facts are laid out fairly.

IMO, a small minded MB for a tiny market sports town. Besides, gotitans.com is much better for content and smack talk anyways!

Hervoyel
08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I read that entire thread and honestly, I don't have the first clue as to why any of you guys would bother going over there. To begin with we are 2-8 against the Titans. They "own" us until we do something to even that score up. They almost own us like the Colts do (we've beaten them twice, Indy once) so it just seems kind of pointless to me to go lurking around a Titans board asking for respect.

I'm very much expecting to see the Texans at least split with Tennessee this year. Unless it happens we aren't in a position to say anything to them. That's what I think at least.

Hookem Horns
08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
I agree with Hervoyel. What do you expect to get when you go over there? Something like ... "yeah I agree that the Texans are great and that we suck because we stole your team. Good post. Rep coming your way!"?

Texan_Bill
08-28-2007, 05:03 PM
"yeah I agree that the Texans are great and that we suck because we stole your team. Good post. Rep coming your way!"?

I thought the truth was always welcomed and appreciated.... idonno:

Overalls
08-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't expect them to agree with everything we say, but I don't expect to be banned for defending my team in threads they start.

I still say they are cowards.

ChildressTitanMan
08-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I refuse to even lurk at the TOMB. There's something not right at that place & it begins with the letter Y. :crazy:

Blazing Arrow
08-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Not sure if I just get the doozies but every link to that site seem to be full of just garbage posts and people who do not have a clue. Every once and a while a voice of reason comes out but it is followed by at least 10 post of more garbage IMO.

Plus the editing is sorry to say the least. My opinions no one elses, no matter the words [less profanity].

Wolf
08-28-2007, 11:38 PM
heck I registered yesterday and still can't post...hmmm

Hookem Horns
08-28-2007, 11:46 PM
I personally know Yvette. She is not the bad person some of you think and is actually pretty sympathetic to us Texans fans. She probably has her hands full over there.

Eddyc85
08-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Well I try to be nice and fair. I'm always up for a good sports debate.

liltony9144
08-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Eh, most Titans fans are looking for attention.

I remember on John McClain's blog, or maybe it was someone elses, that when Dallas was in town, a Titan fan said, "hu carez bout this rivalry? titans r ur biggest rivals!111" :texflag:

It may have not that bad in terms of grammar, but you get the point. :/

On topic with the Titans, Tennesee doesn't even know its own Titan's history prior to 1997. It's a shame.

Oh, btw, I can't even register. All my emails are banned apparently. Including the ones I created 1 minute prior. Rofl.

Yvette
08-29-2007, 01:15 AM
You've always been a gentleman Hookem and I thank you :)

I hope you guys have a great season and I look forward to seeing you in October!

GoPats
08-29-2007, 08:22 AM

I hope you guys have a great season and I look forward to seeing you in October!

Oh my God, they were right... you're brutal. Pure evil. Where are your horns?
:evilb:

SheTexan
08-29-2007, 09:26 AM

Darn Yvette!!! I've been waiting for your response, and now I've gotta go through the day disappointed! lol

I'm not much of a "smack talker" and I don't visit the TOMB anymore. BUT, I have been to Tenn and was treated with respect from all members of the TOMB. Yvette has been to several of our tailgates over the years, and she is shown nothing but class, even after our humiliation by the Tacks last year. I don't know what she does at the TOMB, and really don't care. All I know is that she has always been a class act with most of us Texans who know her personally.

Kaiser Toro
08-29-2007, 10:20 AM
This feels way to much like a drama based in 50's around two rival gangs walking the streets with matching jackets, blue jeans and grease in their hair. The only difference is that we are lugging laptops and pissed that we cannot get a strong enough signal so we take it out on each other.

Nothing like a wifi turf war in the virtual world. Sponsored by Starbucks of course.

HOU-TEX
08-29-2007, 11:26 AM
heck I registered yesterday and still can't post...hmmm

Don't count on getting in. I registered last season and have yet to receive posting approval.

It's probably for the best. Other than the falcons, they seem to be the next in the lack of football intelligence line.

:texflag:

Yvette
08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
All I know is that she has always been a class act with most of us Texans who know her personally.
Hey lady! You taught me a lesson in class that I've never forgotten and you always have my respect.

By the way, I kept meaning to tell you what idiots we felt like last year during the chili cookoff. Everything smelled so good and Bob is crazy for spicy food... except when we get too crazy the night before! But I'll blame Chuck for that since he's not around to defend himself :D

Nothing like a wifi turf war in the virtual world. Sponsored by Starbucks of course.
That says it all and thanks for the laugh!

SheTexan
08-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey lady! You taught me a lesson in class that I've never forgotten and you always have my respect.

By the way, I kept meaning to tell you what idiots we felt like last year during the chili cookoff. Everything smelled so good and Bob is crazy for spicy food... except when we get too crazy the night before! But I'll blame Chuck for that since he's not around to defend himself :D

That FLAG is one of my prized possessions!!:) Think I'll show Overalls what you wrote on it!:yikes:

Yvette
08-29-2007, 04:35 PM
That FLAG is one of my prized possessions!!:) Think I'll show Overalls what you wrote on it!:yikes:
It's definitely a perfect example about knowing when to say when *slaps self as a reminder*

I tossed around the idea of buying a Texans patch to sew over it... for you, not me. And yes, I'd bring needle and thread to your tailgate! But that's your call and leaving it might always be the reminder I need to mind my manners (since I'm always on my best behavior around my mom and don't give her the chance to tell me LOL).

SheTexan
08-29-2007, 04:51 PM
It's definitely a perfect example about knowing when to say when *slaps self as a reminder*

I tossed around the idea of buying a Texans patch to sew over it... for you, not me. And yes, I'd bring needle and thread to your tailgate! But that's your call and leaving it might always be the reminder I need to mind my manners (since I'm always on my best behavior around my mom and don't give her the chance to tell me LOL).

No needle and thread needed my Tennhorn friend! I will proudly show it off to ALL my TEXAN tailgaters come Oct. Of course, you will have to be present!:victory:

Yvette
08-29-2007, 05:32 PM
You've got me laughing! I'm going to need to wear a :bag: over my head!

Texan_Bill
08-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Don't count on getting in. I registered last season and have yet to receive posting approval.

It's probably for the best. Other than the falcons, they seem to be the next in the lack of football intelligence line.

:texflag:

Same story here.

I also registered on gotitans.com - same story there.. I think they may be askeeeered.

TEXANRED
08-31-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't expect them to agree with everything we say, but I don't expect to be banned for defending my team in threads they start.

I still say they are cowards.
What do you expect from thieves?

TEXANRED
08-31-2007, 10:11 PM
All I know is that she has always been a class act with most of us Texans who know her personally.

There is no room for class. This is football.

Bulluck53
08-31-2007, 10:33 PM
the TOMB is useless for any fan.

Silver Oak
08-31-2007, 10:50 PM
the TOMB is useless for any fan.

rep to a titan fan. :)

TexanSam
08-31-2007, 10:52 PM
There is no room for class. This is football.

That statement speaks of ignorance

TEXANRED
08-31-2007, 11:31 PM
That statement speaks of ignorance

That statement speaks of funny.

A joke.

A humorous musing.

A statement ment to make one smile.

Definition of funny: fun·ny1 -ni·er, -ni·est, noun, plural -nies.
–adjective 1. providing fun; causing amusement or laughter; amusing; comical: a funny remark; a funny person.
2. attempting to amuse; facetious: Did you really mean that or were you just being funny?

hu·mor
–noun 1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation.
2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor.

Apparently I was attempting to amuse and you were completely without humor.

But thanks for calling me ignorant.

That was very nice of you.

TexanSam
09-01-2007, 07:05 PM
My bad. I didn't know you were trying to be funny. It's hard to tell online sometimes.