PDA

View Full Version : press conf live

utahmark
08-26-2007, 03:26 PM
kubiak is live at 330. right about know. houstontexans.com

Vinny
08-26-2007, 03:37 PM
http://houstontexans.com/index.asp its going down now...one thing that stands out so far is how he characterized Spencer's injury....I think we can stop expecting him to play this year.

Carr Bombed
08-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Well it doesn't sound like Spencer will play this year. Thats sad, basically he will be a 3 year old rookie.

SheTexan
08-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Might seem trivial, BUT, sure was a nice smile on his face when he was responding to the question about the fans. NO doubt about it, the team LOVES a loud stadium!! I say we make the Chiefs go home with hearing loss!:)

utahmark
08-26-2007, 03:55 PM
http://houstontexans.com/index.asp its going down now...one thing that stands out so far is how he characterized Spencer's injury....I think we can stop expecting him to play this year.

sounds like he will play again though. maybe we get a franchise lt tackle to go along with our draft picks next year. this team is on the rise and they will be good for a long time.

Vinny
08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
quickie presser....already over. did anyone get the full list of cuts?

Thomas Johnson, Charlie Adams, Ben Steele, Van Pelt...there were a couple of more.

FirstTexansFan
08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
What caught my attention was his comments about Schaub's understanding of the game and certain situations. He alluded to the fact that in the past (my guess referring to Carr) he's had to emphasize not to do certain things, etc. But with Schaub, he trusts him to make the right decision. Certainly an eye opener for me.

Marcus
08-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Might seem trivial, BUT, sure was a nice smile on his face when he was responding to the question about the fans. NO doubt about it, the team LOVES a loud stadium!! I say we make the Chiefs go home with hearing loss!:)

Yeah, did your hear him say that it was even tough for our own offense to hear?

That's the thing that other cities's fans do much better at. They STFU when the offense in the field.

rollinstone18
08-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Bummer about Spencer. Luckily there's a few good prospects in next year's draft. Probably too early, but I'll start the draft Barry Richardson bandwagon.

nunusguy
08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
And of course that's wise to eliminate those expectations right now if there's
0 chance of his return happening this year. We can "perhaps" hope for next year, but we now know the reality for this year.

SheTexan
08-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, did your hear him say that it was even tough for our own offense to hear?

That's the thing that other cities's fans do much better at. They STFU when the offense in the field.

Yes, I did notice that remark, and I agree that our fans seem to be oblivious to that simple rule. Beats the hell out of me too, when you have an entire section waving their arms for fans to STFU, and they keep on yelling. What to do?? I have no idea.

Honoring Earl 34
08-26-2007, 04:25 PM
I noticed Schaub covering the earholes of his helmet , that's when I realized it was to loud .

I guess the Texans need to give out shhh signs before the game . That way the fans that understand can help those that don't .

Sorry Marcus but STFU looks to much like a university for our Aggie friends .

Marcus
08-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Yes, I did notice that remark, and I agree that our fans seem to be oblivious to that simple rule. Beats the hell out of me too, when you have an entire section waving their arms for fans to STFU, and they keep on yelling. What to do?? I have no idea.

Convince Kubiak to continue to say something. Kubiak dropped a subtle hint, but I imagine it went flying right over John McClain's head.

You, and TC, and everyone else needs to get on McClain's blog, and Justice's blog and whoever else, and get the word out to

STFU while our own offense is trying to execute a play.

Can anyone help me with this? I'm serious.

GuerillaBlack
08-26-2007, 04:36 PM
And we need to send it to KHOU, ABC 13, and all other local channels. During the sports segments, they need to say it and get the word out.

gg no re
STFU = Shhhhhhhhh (except with malicious intent)

rmartin65

DOnt make noise when the offense is out. It messes with them. Only make noise when the opponents are on offense.

Marcus
08-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Sorry Marcus but STFU looks to much like a university for our Aggie friends .

Well, if the moderators would allow me to spell it out for them, I'd be more than happy to do that.

Vinny
08-26-2007, 04:44 PM
8/26/2007 Released defensive linemen Thomas Johnson and Thomas Smith, tight end Ben Steele, wide receivers Harry Williams and Charlie Adams, quarterbacks Quinton Porter and Bradlee Van Pelt, and cornerback Derrick Roberson

www.houstontexans.com

Marcus
08-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Or get the folks at Reliant to put the words, "Be quiet while out offense is on the field" on those computerized signs they have all over the place."

I mean . . . jeeeze.

SheTexan
08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Convince Kubiak to continue to say something. Kubiak dropped a subtle hint, but I imagine it went flying right over John McClain's head.

You, and TC, and everyone else needs to get on McClain's blog, and Justice's blog and whoever else, and get the word out to

I'll certainly do that! Maybe we can put our pretty cheerleaders to good use, give them some signs to hold up telling fans to REMAIN QUIET, OFFENSE ON FIELD! 3/4 of the stadium are guys who spend most of their time gawking at them anyway. Maybe they'll get the message that way! lol

Last year they tried the jumbothron, but that didn't work. I'm telling you, get the cheerleaders involved, that will work! I know just who to contact also!!:winky:

rmartin65
08-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Guess they like Zabransky, cutting both Porter and Van Pelt. Now its just a question of whether he is on the 53 roster or the practice squad.

TEXANRED
08-26-2007, 04:57 PM
www.houstontexans.com

Ironic on Charlie Adams due to the fact he beat out Walter, Jones, and Mathis for the #2 receiver spot when I simulated the preseason in Madden 08.

Specnatz
08-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Charlie Adama will catch on with someone, he did seem to play well I thought.

Considering some of the guys we kept have yet to be able to be healthy and stay on the darn field.

threetoedpete
08-26-2007, 05:02 PM
sounds like he will play again though. maybe we get a franchise lt tackle to go along with our draft picks next year. this team is on the rise and they will be good for a long time.

Wel I'm just grateful they didn't tease us for four months like we were teased for two years with Bosselli. Ok he's down. He's likly not coming back for '07. We go with what we have. At least this staff doesn't treat us like a bunch of mushrooms.
Refreshing and quite a change.

Wolf
08-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Charlie Adama will catch on with someone, he did seem to play well I thought.

Considering some of the guys we kept have yet to be able to be healthy and stay on the darn field.

exactly... how sad to see some go, but it seems this team has better competition and unlike years prior, these players have a chance to make it on another club.

kiwitexansfan
08-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I was surprised by Harry Williams too. He has done some nice stuff in training camp and preseason.

I guess we have depth at WR now if we can cut guys with skills like those two guys.

edo783
08-26-2007, 05:54 PM
WHAT....BVP is gone? Tell me it ain't so. I was counting on him to be the #2 QB...........NOT. I do like the kid though. Actually know him fron CSU days. Wildman and more than a bit of a loose cannon, but not much of a QB.