PDA

View Full Version : Schaub would be the Falcon's starting QB today . . .

Marcus
08-26-2007, 12:54 PM
. . . if we had taken Vince.

This is what cracks me up.

And the Falcons would have the better QB. Vince can run, but he can't hold a candle to Matt's passing skills.

IMO, from what I've seen so far, especially last night, I think we got the better quarterback.

Ain't it funny how things work out in the end?:excited:

Second Honeymoon
08-26-2007, 01:19 PM
. . . if we had taken Vince.

This is what cracks me up.

And the Falcons would have the better QB. Vince can run, but he can't hold a candle to Matt's passing skills.

IMO, from what I've seen so far, especially last night, I think we got the better quarterback.

I agree that Matt looks like a better passer than VY. No doubt. VY does have the extra dimension to his game but I love what we have all seen from Matt so far. Who doesn't? He has far exceeded anyone's early expectations. And Jacoby looks like a OROY candidate.

Mario + Matt is equal to or greater than VY + 2 2nd Round picks.

and yes it is funny how things work out sometimes...thank god for RS and Kubes for convincing McNair to cut bait with Carr and pay for Schaub.

Silver Oak
08-26-2007, 01:21 PM
You'll get an argument from a few here about that, but for what it's worth, I agree with you.

ATXtexanfan
08-26-2007, 02:09 PM
i thought we got screwed on the schaub trade but it might be the best thing the texans ever did, i wasn't a fan of vy at #1 either

DBCooper
08-26-2007, 02:52 PM
There's no comparison between Schaub and Vince.

Schaub is a real West Coast Offense QB.

Vince is a good scrambling QB.

I'll take the WCO guy anyday.

CloakNNNdagger
08-26-2007, 03:32 PM
There's no comparison between Schaub and Vince.

Schaub is a real West Coast Offense QB.

Vince is a good scrambling QB.

I'll take the WCO guy anyday.

And they tend to stay alive longer.

rmartin65
08-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Houston has better recievers. Its probably better for him than Atlanta.

Marcus
08-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Houston has better recievers. Its probably better for him than Atlanta.

Atlanta doesn't have any good receivers because they have (had) a running QB who couldn't throw a catchable ball.

It's also why the Titans don't have any either.

SheTexan
08-26-2007, 06:01 PM
. . .

Some of us NON-VY homers have been saying that all along. We have a coach who is slowly constructing a team to his liking, one that makes him happy. Obviously Kubes wanted a strong running game, just not from his QB. I like that idea myself. If they're any good at all, they'll be around much longer, and that is good for my nervous system!!:)

real
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Well, I think people are foolish if you are writing of VY as being a great QB in this leauge....

I think Matt is going to be elite, but I think VY will do great things in this leauge....

For the record, I'm happy with how our team has been built, for the most part...

Silver Oak
08-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Atlanta doesn't have any good receivers because they have (had) a running QB who couldn't throw a catchable ball.

It's also why the Titans don't have any either.

careful Marcus. you'll soon be labeled by some as being like me...one that has no football knowledge and is only a hater. :user:

:fans:

Ole Miss Texan
08-27-2007, 12:07 AM
I like Schaub a lot and am glad we have him, he seems so poised and ready to take this team to the next level.

On a side note to last years draft...what would you think IF we traded down for NYJ 2 firsts. Taken Leinart and Joseph Addai. Kept Demeco, Spencer, Winston, Daniels. instead of Lundy we take someone else. Not even going mention colston...lol.

Then Addai would have been playing and Dayne wouldn't have broken Spencers leg.

In the 2007 draft we take Okoye still? but with our 2nd round pick we take Kalil. Keep Jacoby in the 3rd of course.

Our offense would be complete at every position.

Defense-wise we have Weaver on the left and Babin rushing from the right. secondary is the same, etc.

Leinart obviously doesn't have the experience as schaub....

okay i've taken this too far and apologize for this all.

Schaub would be in Atlanta less either justin blalock or chris houston (whichever one they wouldn't have selected if both were available). Unfortunately we all wouldn't have this Man-crush on schaub if he were in atl. "I like-uh the man crush, I like-uh Schaub" lol

BSofA04
08-27-2007, 03:57 AM
Excellent point Marcus. I'm all about Matt Schaub and his leadership, but it'll take a clean sweep over the tacs this year to convince the toughest critics that the Texans had made a good trade. And 12-15 sacks from Mario wouldn't hurt either.

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Excellent point Marcus. I'm all about Matt Schaub and his leadership, but it'll take a clean sweep over the tacs this year to convince the toughest critics that the Texans had made a good trade. And 12-15 sacks from Mario wouldn't hurt either.

good luck with all that.....

.....it would be nice though if it happened as it would probably mean playoff time