PDA

View Full Version : Owen Daniels

sakebomb
08-26-2007, 11:12 AM
I think I'm done recovering from the game last night. I'm watching the replay on NFL Network. This guy takes a licking out there. What a player. :fans:

Allstar
08-26-2007, 11:16 AM
What I love about him is when he gets hit and holds on to the ball, he gets right back up and starts mouthing off in the defender's face! :wild:

Second Honeymoon
08-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Daniels is a man. Loved his playstyle and his fiery competitive nature.

The Cowboys were cheapshotting him all night, yet Owen kept making plays.

I <3 Owen

TexanSam
08-26-2007, 01:54 PM
He's my Adopt-a-Texan!!

eriadoc
08-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Taking the hits and playing real football is what put him on my short list of favorite players, but that juke where he put the guy on the ground without touching him last night is what makes me really appreciate him!

nunusguy
08-26-2007, 02:06 PM
What I love about him is when he gets hit and holds on to the ball, he gets right back up and starts mouthing off in the defender's face! :wild:

He's not a rookie anymore and he doesn't act like it either, as he's got a real attitude this year. OD is looking real good !

CloakNNNdagger
08-26-2007, 02:44 PM

I held my breath on that "sandwich" play that he managed to hold onto the ball................All I could think about was the shoulder injury that limited his action in the latter part of the 2006 season.

V3rm0nt3r
08-26-2007, 02:49 PM
He's been talking all offseason about how he wants to pick up the pieces from the beginning of last season when he was putting up good #s rather than the end when they dropped.

Carr Bombed
08-26-2007, 02:50 PM
DeMeco is one hellava player, but Owen Daniels and what he means to this offense is starting to push for the best player out of that draft........yeah I said it and that is no knock against DeMeco, we just had one hellava draft.

Wolf
08-26-2007, 02:54 PM
agreed CB... Owens seems to be the player that Joppru coulda,shouda, and hopefully woulda been if not for freak injuries

Vinny
08-26-2007, 03:15 PM
He really reminded me of Jay Novacek last night....one of his last catches he had a little shake and bake move in the open field that was pure Novacek.

Carr Bombed
08-26-2007, 03:22 PM
He really reminded me of Jay Novacek last night....one of his last catches he had a little shake and bake move in the open field that was pure Novacek.

You know, when I watched those teams growing up (yeah I used to root for the cowboys when I was a young kid, chalk that one up to stupid youth), that was my favorite player. He didn't get alot of pub, but was always good for a clutch first down. He's really overlooked, all anybody ever talks about is the "big 3".

real
08-26-2007, 03:52 PM
OD is the man....

edo783
08-26-2007, 09:05 PM
I bet OD winds up meaning as much to this offence as Gozo, Gates, Shockly etc. do to theirs and turns in their type of numbers.

Texan Asylum
08-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Daniels is rapidly becoming my favorite Texans player as well. :texflag:

Dallas_Texan
08-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I bet OD winds up meaning as much to this offence as Gozo, Gates, Shockly etc. do to theirs and turns in their type of numbers.

I think he's already there. Everyone else just can't see it yet. OD, Demeco, and a much improved Winston have made for a helluva draft!! Give Mario sometime on the other side of the line, and he will be a big part of our success too.

HOU-TEX
08-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Owen 'Tha Weatherman' Daniels is freaking awesome.:heart:

TexanSam
08-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I love the way Owen Daniels plays. He's not afraid to get hit and he has a certain swagger on the field. I think he's going to get 50-55 catches this season with 7 or 8 touchdowns. He's going to be a Pro Bowl TE within the next few years.

Double Barrel
08-27-2007, 02:11 PM
The R&S-era Oilers always lacked a TE, so I've been really looking forward to having an offense that heavily utilizes them. They can be so versatile with the right player, and a guy like OD - good hands, holds the ball when hit hard, blocker - will easily become one of our offensive playmakers.

I read that Schaub will take the middle of the field every time a team gives it to him, and a TE like Daniels is a perfect target. He can lay the wood as good as he gets it, too!

Hervoyel
08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
He's been talking all offseason about how he wants to pick up the pieces from the beginning of last season when he was putting up good #s rather than the end when they dropped.

Numbers tend to do that when you stop getting targetted. Over the last half of the season the passing game just withered away. I don't think we are in danger of that happening this year. Daniels is going to get some serious attention this season.

Seņor Stan
08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
The R&S-era Oilers always lacked a TE, so I've been really looking forward to having an offense that heavily utilizes them. They can be so versatile with the right player, and a guy like OD - good hands, holds the ball when hit hard, blocker - will easily become one of our offensive playmakers.

I read that Schaub will take the middle of the field every time a team gives it to him, and a TE like Daniels is a perfect target. He can lay the wood as good as he gets it, too!

Dave Casper was one of my favorite Oilers. I also had a Mike Barber T-shirt as a kid.

Owen Daniels is fast becoming one of my faves.

kiwitexansfan
08-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I loved that play in the weekend where OD got hammered by a handfull of defenders, gets up and gets in their face.

Love that attitude and fire.

V3rm0nt3r
08-27-2007, 06:46 PM
I loved that play in the weekend where OD got hammered by a handfull of defenders, gets up and gets in their face.

Love that attitude and fire.

He's definately toeing the line between a Gates and a Shokey.

Perfect.:texflag:

08-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Matt absolutely loves using his tight end, moreso than most quarterbacks. He had Heath Miller in college and that QB/TE tandem was as good as any in the country. Owen Daniels will have a huge year and will be my late-round fantasy pick extraordinaire. (I'm not playing against any Texans fans so I'm sure I'll be able to grab him ridiculously late).

Matt Schaub has the goods, and IMO, if Philip Rivers was a top 5 pick, Matt certainly should've been as well. Rivers started all 4 years at NCST, and despite being the pre-ordained ACC player of the year his junior year, Matt flat out took it from him. If not for the semi-severe shoulder injury he suffered his senior year, I expect that Schaub would've been drafted high in the first round. Which is precisely why I don't think the Texans gave up too much (in draft picks and salary) to acquire him. Drafting Brady Quinn and signing him would've been every bit the investment, but IMO, not only is Quinn 3 years behind him, but he'll never be as good a quarterback. I suppose we shall see in time, but one thing is for sure, it will be exciting.

kiwitexansfan
08-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Matt absolutely loves using his tight end, moreso than most quarterbacks. He had Heath Miller in college and that QB/TE tandem was as good as any in the country. Owen Daniels will have a huge year and will be my late-round fantasy pick extraordinaire. (I'm not playing against any Texans fans so I'm sure I'll be able to grab him ridiculously late).

Matt Schaub has the goods, and IMO, if Philip Rivers was a top 5 pick, Matt certainly should've been as well. Rivers started all 4 years at NCST, and despite being the pre-ordained ACC player of the year his junior year, Matt flat out took it from him. If not for the semi-severe shoulder injury he suffered his senior year, I expect that Schaub would've been drafted high in the first round. Which is precisely why I don't think the Texans gave up too much (in draft picks and salary) to acquire him. Drafting Brady Quinn and signing him would've been every bit the investment, but IMO, not only is Quinn 3 years behind him, but he'll never be as good a quarterback. I suppose we shall see in time, but one thing is for sure, it will be exciting.

Awesome first post, welcome aboard.

I think OD is going to have a massive year, he should break all the Texans records for TE's.

08-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Awesome first post, welcome aboard.

I think OD is going to have a massive year, he should break all the Texans records for TE's.

Thanks, although I have to confess, I'm something of a pro sports mercenary. Grew up in Hampton Roads, VA (of Bad Newz notoriety), which is 4 hours away from the closest NFL team. Have liked the Giants the last 10+ years, but now that Barber is retired, I had to adopt a new team. And thank goodness Schaub is out of Atlanta, as so much of that fanbase is insufferable, making it hard to root for the Falcons.

I'm looking forward to good/great things the next decade or so, and am really liking the underdog role the Texans will occupy this year. It is almost a certainty they will overachieve relative to national expectations, and that's almost as enjoyable as trying to live up to lofty expectations, which if things go well, aren't too far away.

kiwitexansfan
08-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks, although I have to confess, I'm something of a pro sports mercenary. Grew up in Hampton Roads, VA (of Bad Newz notoriety), which is 4 hours away from the closest NFL team. Have liked the Giants the last 10+ years, but now that Barber is retired, I had to adopt a new team. And thank goodness Schaub is out of Atlanta, as so much of that fanbase is insufferable, making it hard to root for the Falcons.

I'm looking forward to good/great things the next decade or so, and am really liking the underdog role the Texans will occupy this year. It is almost a certainty they will overachieve relative to national expectations, and that's almost as enjoyable as trying to live up to lofty expectations, which if things go well, aren't too far away.

Schaub is the object of major love hear after the failings of Carr so he will seem like a superstar to our fanbase if he is even adequate, although we expect far more from him.

I think you will find our fanbase to be pretty reasonable, especially here on texanstalk.

TK_Gamer
08-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Funny you should mention Daniels and fantasy football, I was able to get him in like round 9 lol, and I'm sure people on my league thought I just messed up and forgot to pick a good tight end. I also have amahn green, andre johnson, and jacoby jones, plus texans def/st. I know homers usually do lousy in fantasy football, but I have a feeling my team will do better than most :)

kiwitexansfan
08-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Funny you should mention Daniels and fantasy football, I was able to get him in like round 9 lol, and I'm sure people on my league thought I just messed up and forgot to pick a good tight end. I also have amahn green, andre johnson, and jacoby jones, plus texans def/st. I know homers usually do lousy in fantasy football, but I have a feeling my team will do better than most :)

I think the Texans special teams can be special and our defense will be solid.

I think this is the first year that Texans offensive players will be good fantasy value. I expect big things from them this year.