PDA

View Full Version : I thought Mario got a sack last night?

TheRealJoker
08-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I looked on nfl.com and they said Mario got 4 tackles but no sacks. I thought that hit on Romo behind the line with the fumbled snap was gonna be counted as a sack? I also thought he was gonna get half a sack on his hit with Orr?

TEXANSTAILGATER
08-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Its all part of the NFL conspiracy to keep us down....lol

YellerLotYeller
08-26-2007, 11:23 AM
If it looks like a sack and walks like a sack...it's a sack.

dskillz
08-26-2007, 11:29 AM
I looked on nfl.com and they said Mario got 4 tackles but no sacks. I thought that hit on Romo behind the line with the fumbled snap was gonna be counted as a sack? I also thought he was gonna get half a sack on his hit with Orr?

After the game, Mario had 1 sack (according to Sportsradio 610's post-game). They said the Romo fumble was just a recovered fumble. Upon review, they must have taken his sack away. As far as I am concerned, Mario had 2 sacks last night.

OrangeLotPole8
08-26-2007, 11:36 AM
LOL, you must be Mario's agent!

Second Honeymoon
08-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Mario had his best preseason game so far this year, but his 'sack' of Homo was a total joke. Romo fumbled the snap and was bending down to pick up the football. Then Mario acts like he just perfected cold fusion and 'shushes' the crowd like he did something special.

Witten, the Cowboys TE, totally owned Mario one on one time and time again last night. That being said, at least Mario knows that his play is not up to standards and that he is going to have to improve or lose his starting job.

Marcus
08-26-2007, 12:27 PM
SH, your bias is showing. Check it at the door.

Who freaking cares if he got a sack or not? He was disruptive on many of the plays, whether it be sacks, tackles, hurries, assisted, or whatever, . . he disrupted Romo, that's what was important.

And he didn't play with more 'fire and emotion' than he did the previous two games. He was just played better, and was used more effectively.

Second Honeymoon
08-26-2007, 12:55 PM
SH, your bias is showing. Check it at the door.

Who freaking cares if he got a sack or not? He was disruptive on many of the plays, whether it be sacks, tackles, hurries, assisted, or whatever, . . he disrupted Romo, that's what was important.

And he didn't play with more 'fire and emotion' than he did the previous two games. He was just played better, and was used more effectively.

bias? I am biased against Mario?

I just watched the game again and I just didn't see it. He is just slow off the snap. He had a great play against the run but still has problem getting off blocks and getting to the QB. I know everyone wants to see him do well, but his 'sack' was a joke just like his little 'shush' to his critics after doing so. Romo gift wrapped that sack with his fumbled snap. I expect more. Here is to hoping he can give us all more.

I think Mario could develop into a decent NFL player but at the moment he is below average to average. He needs lots of work and he needs to keep his motor running at a high level. Anyone who thinks he played with any fire or emotion in the first 2 preseason games is just either a blatantly blind homer. He showed a little fire last night.

Marcus
08-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Anyone who thinks he played with any fire or emotion in the first 2 preseason games is just either a blatantly blind homer. He showed a little fire last night.

Maybe you need to clarify what 'fire and emotion" means. (I'm thinking maybe a number of people need to)

To me, when you accuse someone with playing without 'fire or emotion', you are accusing that person of dogging it, or not trying, or going through the motions.

Bad play does not mean bad effort.

Specnatz
08-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Yes the hands to the face mask is being totally owned, that happened on 3 plays I know of. 1 with Mario and 2 with another player. I have yet to rewatch the game and I do not think I will because it was poor camera work and cowpukes radio guys no as much about calling a game as I do about flying the space shuttle.

In three pre-season games, there has only been one penalty called against the oppents offensive line.

Please SH do not put facts into the fumble that Romo recovered and Mario hit him as he recovered the ball. Do not mention he beat his man around the corner and his right arm was being hooked yet he got through it. It would have put serious pressure on Romo to either run to the left or throw the ball away to avoid a sack. You are acting biassed towards Mario, because you will not give him credit for anything.

Oh by the way criticizing Mario about the expressions after "the sack" is being petty. How about criticizing every single player in the league because they all do it. No you are just going to single out Mario. Nice job of being fair and balanced.

Second Honeymoon
08-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes the hands to the face mask is being totally owned, that happened on 3 plays I know of. 1 with Mario and 2 with another player. I have yet to rewatch the game and I do not think I will because it was poor camera work and cowpukes radio guys no as much about calling a game as I do about flying the space shuttle.

In three pre-season games, there has only been one penalty called against the oppents offensive line.

Please SH do not put facts into the fumble that Romo recovered and Mario hit him as he recovered the ball. Do not mention he beat his man around the corner and his right arm was being hooked yet he got through it. It would have put serious pressure on Romo to either run to the left or throw the ball away to avoid a sack. You are acting biassed towards Mario, because you will not give him credit for anything.

Oh by the way criticizing Mario about the expressions after "the sack" is being petty. How about criticizing every single player in the league because they all do it. No you are just going to single out Mario. Nice job of being fair and balanced.

i want Mario to succeed. i even think he can succeed and turn into a top DE in this league. in order to do so, he needs to play harder and smarter.

i gave him credit for playing his best preseason game this year. i gave mario credit for his great play against the run at times. i just think he shouldn't act like sacking a QB picking up a fumbled snap 'silences' his critics. I did appreciate the fact that he knows what people are saying about him and that he knows he has to do his part to change their minds. He showed desire last night and that was enough for me to be satisfied but not enough to be happy about.

if Mario plays better against the Chiefs than he did against the Cowboys, we will all be happy. He just needs to continue to improve. Hopefully for all of us, that happens. I am rooting for him but I am not going to say that Mario turned the corner yesterday. He still got owned by Witten (a TE) too often on one on one for my tastes.

in closing, I want Mario to succeed more than anything. maybe even too much.

Vinny
08-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I like what I saw from Mario last night on many plays...but hey, lets give credit to Demeco and Orr for the sack and give props to Mario for being around the ball more and some big time improvement this week.

Honoring Earl 34
08-26-2007, 01:55 PM
I like what I saw from Mario last night on many plays...but hey, lets give credit to Demeco and Orr for the sack and give props to Mario for being around the ball more and some big time improvement this week.

I think Mario needs to play LDE on passing downs and become a good enough pass rusher to put heat on the QB on running downs at RDE .

Having said that , is Anthony Weaver that much better than Earl Cochran ? Who's the RDE on passing downs Babin , Orr , how about Anderson ?

TexansLucky13
08-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Mario had his best preseason game so far this year, but his 'sack' of Homo was a total joke. Romo fumbled the snap and was bending down to pick up the football. Then Mario acts like he just perfected cold fusion and 'shushes' the crowd like he did something special.

When is the last time you got a sack on a Cowboys QB in Reliant?

Never? Exactly. Shut your pie hole.

Agreed. There were also a couple plays where Mario overran the play and could have had a sack or tackle for loss. Hopefully he can look at those plays and know when to slow down in the future.

Second Honeymoon
08-26-2007, 02:21 PM

Never? Exactly. Shut your pie hole.

Agreed. There were also a couple plays where Mario overran the play and could have had a sack or tackle for loss. Hopefully he can look at those plays and know when to slow down in the future.

what does me not playing for the Texans have to do with anything?

bottom line is that Mario played better but his overreaction to a 'layup' sack was hilarious. at least he seems to care about his poor level of play and all the criticism being directed towards him by 'silencing' his critics.

keep on homering though....ill just keep it real

Vinny
08-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Never? Exactly. Shut your pie hole.This is a silly....what you are saying is that you can't comment either because you never played pro ball. Try something less lame.

dtran04
08-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Would it be better if he busted out in a Merriman dance everytime he sniffed near the ball? Now THAT is annoying.

nunusguy
08-26-2007, 03:22 PM
I think Mario needs to play LDE on passing downs and become a good enough pass rusher to put heat on the QB on running downs at RDE .

Having said that , is Anthony Weaver that much better than Earl Cochran ? Who's the RDE on passing downs Babin , Orr , how about Anderson ?
Mario at strongside DE is what many have been calling for and he did look more comfortable playing there last night. No wonder its what he played in college and is his true or natural position. Weaver at that position is redundant, but does that also make him expendable to the team ?
I think they played Anderson or Orr at weakside with the starters in passing situations.

Wolf
08-26-2007, 03:23 PM
i gave him credit for playing his best preseason game this year. i gave mario credit for his great play against the run at times. i just think he shouldn't act like sacking a QB picking up a fumbled snap 'silences' his critics. I did appreciate the fact that he knows what people are saying about him and that he knows he has to do his part to change their minds. He showed desire last night and that was enough for me to be satisfied but not enough to be happy about.

in closing, I want Mario to succeed more than anything. maybe even too much.

I can't imagine what would have been said if Mario WASN'T near Romo when that happened..

I can agree with the last part

bayshorebevo
08-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Mario played much better last night. Hope the improvement continues.

TexansLucky13
08-26-2007, 03:45 PM
This is a silly....what you are saying is that you can't comment either because you never played pro ball. Try something less lame.

There are things that are much more lame. I doubt you need help picking them out. I was just adding to the ever-present silliness.

Leahmic223
08-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Like I said, Mario will never be any good to some people.

Everyone wanted to see improvement, intensity, and desire...yet he showed that yesterday.

Good players are always around the ball, and Mario found himself around the ball on many occasions yesterday, period.

Also one thing to note...he didn't slow down. I thought after he got that 'sack' he would go into "Well I got mines" mode and just chill out for the rest of the game...didn't happen he kept trying and he left about 2 more sacks out on the field. Maybe 3, one he was too aggressive and flew past romo, the other two he was just inches away from grabbing him.

Cowgirl fans should be proud though, Romo stayed pretty composed, I don't think the KC QB will be as composed as Romo is when he is under pressure. I also don't think the KC RB is going to accept about 60 yards allowed...should be fun.

real
08-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Very impressed with Mario last night....

Several little things he did that I thought were awesome...

And of course the guy is going to make mistakes, but as a player when you go all out, 100 mph; it makes those mistakes easier to correct...

I think we are going to see some big time growth out of Mario this season if he continues to play that way...

And I definitely like how they moved him around...

Honoring Earl 34
08-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I think we need to accept the fact that he's not a Jevon Kearse type player . Mario had more tackles ( 45 ) his first year than Kearse has had in his best year .

Mario is quick and fast for a man his size , Kearse weighed what 255 . Mario is a heck of a lot stronger than Kearse .

Mario will look faster when he starts anticipating the snap . Mario's not gracefull ... he's the bull in the china cabinet . I think he might of had Romo in the 1st series on a spin move but he tripped .

In a real game Mario , if the QB is trying to pick up a fumble ... please hammer him .

Specnatz
08-26-2007, 06:02 PM
I think we need to accept the fact that he's not a Jevon Kearse type player . Mario had more tackles ( 45 ) his first year than Kearse has had in his best year .

Mario is quick and fast for a man his size , Kearse weighed what 255 . Mario is a heck of a lot stronger than Kearse .

Mario will look faster when he starts anticipating the snap . Mario's not gracefull ... he's the bull in the china cabinet . I think he might of had Romo in the 1st series on a spin move but he tripped .

In a real game Mario , if the QB is trying to pick up a fumble ... please hammer him .

This myth was busted on Mythbusters last week. They went around all the shelves and did not break much. Just thought I would give the useless factoid of the day info.

:doot:

kiwitexansfan
08-26-2007, 06:16 PM
I think we are delusional if we expect Mario to be a Freeney/Kearse type pass rusher.

He is a strongside DE, he is experienced there, he is built like one and plays like one.

Mario is already a beast against the run and he will get his share of sacks over his career.

Put me in the category who thinks Mario is on his way and will be a genuine force come the end of the season.

BTW interesting myhtbusters trivia.

Vinny
08-26-2007, 06:20 PM
In today's presser, Kubiak stated that we will see Mario at strongside end and at DT in some packages this year too....so I guess the experiment at weakside end "full time" is over.

kiwitexansfan
08-26-2007, 06:22 PM
In today's presser, Kubiak stated that we will see Mario at strongside end and at DT in some packages this year too....so I guess the experiment at weakside end "full time" is over.

Hmmmm I guess that is a good thing. At least if something isn't working they are ashamed to drop that plan and move on.

threetoedpete
08-26-2007, 06:25 PM
I know no one wants to hear this ...but I thought the cowpokes looked like they had tired legs. Lots of folkes are saying that they've had a prety hard camp.

I thought it was a very high complement that they ran...Romo out late into the third quarter. They wanted the win bad inspite of what the coloumnist say this morning. They just got flat outplayed befor they realized they were in a ball game. They can say what they want, but if they knew what the game intensity was going to be like and they couldn't rise to the occassion, that there thingy is a problem for them. They got jacked up and there is no sugar coating that fact. We punched them in the mouth and all they could do was say TY sir may I please have another.

I thought Pitts showed signs of an elite OLG last night. The power running game will be very hard for most teams to match up with especailly in three wide sets. McKinney starts the season as the starter, Flanagan, is the reserve. I have no problems with them rotating durring the game to take advantage of each ones strengths.

I thought Jerome Mathis clearly showed signs of frustration in his inablity to get off the snide. J.J. is tearing it up and he is stuck in quick sand. That has to be bothering him being yesterdays news. TBS, if the coaches use it correctly , it's a good carrot stick.

Db is not as bad as I thought it would be. But without the pressure, they are in trouble. Fletcher, is clearly the number 1 nickle back. No one is going to like to hear this either...
But, Bennet is no where near ready to be a front line NFL DB. His upper body strength is pathetic and it's going to take a years worth of work to get it where it ought to be.

Finaly I WAS Wrong, the pokes didn't crush us. We put the collar on the boyz and made them walk like the female dogs that they are.

real
08-26-2007, 07:20 PM
But, Bennet is no where near ready to be a front line NFL DB. His upper body strength is pathetic and it's going to take a years worth of work to get it where it ought to be.

I agree with you that Bennet isn't ready to be a starter, but I don't think it has anything to do with his upper body strength...

The guy is so instictive out there....He is a Revis type of player...But he isn't as quick nor as confident as Revis is....

Bennet's biggest problem is his confidence..

I aslo disagree with you about Mathis...I think he's going to play his role quite well this year....I think he was more upset that he wasn't breaking big gains on special teams....but he was giving us decent starting position...

I have faith that Marciano will get that straigtened out though....

nero THE zero
08-26-2007, 07:55 PM
I thought Pitts showed signs of an elite OLG last night.

I agree with you and I think this is something that is going to go largely unnoticed. Pitts seemed to be all over the field last night throwing his body at defenders. He is definitely the best OL we have.

TexansSB07
08-26-2007, 10:07 PM

I would like to know who scores those, in MLB you have 1 guy who decides if is a hit or an error, I wonder if NFL does the same kind of thing, but to agree Joker. Mario in my view (& TIVO's) Mario had Romo going down with Orr coming up to finish, they can call it a recovered fumble but Romo ( Mr. Purseman) was behind line of scrimmage and was wanting to throw a pass when Mario took him down.

BattleRedToro
08-26-2007, 10:35 PM
bias? I am biased against Mario?

lol: Considering your previous avatar was a picture of Vince Young running past Mario Williams' outstreched arm with the words PAWNED superimposed on the picture, I find it insulting to the intelligence of all of us who were on this board during that time to suggest that you aren't biased against Mario.

Go try and sell that bill of goods to someone else. I'm not buying it.:loser

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2007, 12:53 AM

yup. kubes saw exactly what most of objective fans saw. an inability to get around the edge and get to the passer. i guess Kubes is a hater too.

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2007, 01:03 AM
lol: Considering your previous avatar was a picture of Vince Young running past Mario Williams' outstreched arm with the words PAWNED superimposed on the picture, I find it insulting to the intelligence of all of us who were on this board during that time to suggest that you aren't biased against Mario.

haha...you refer to a homemade avatar that showed VY running right by Mario. The word is pwned and it means owned in leetspeak. are you saying that Mario didn't get owned in that play? it was just brutal honesty. i have been around here being realistic and objective about the Texans for years..even before my current profile states. I am not going to sugarcoat everything and be a member of the sheeple. I prefer honesty and frankness rather than coachspeak and apologist rhetoric. If I want blatant homering I will just listen to Vanderhomer.

Oh and as for my supposed mancrush on VY, I would have chosen Bush over VY but would have fired Carr's sorry act after year 3 (way before VY had won the National Championship) and hired a real QB. So we wouldn't have had the abysmall 2-14 season to begin with.

I love how me being justifiably critical of Mario's production makes me to be a VY lover and hating on him because he isn't VY. It seems like the guys who get their panties in a wad the most, are the same yayhoos who used to criticize me for calling Carr garbage and failure as a starting QB and all this at a time when everything and any non-homer pointed towards me being correct. And I was subsequently proven correct by both our coaching staff/front office along with every other NFL franchise this past offseason. But you guys are the ones who question my credibility or my loyalty to the Texans. Sounds like playa hatin to me....and pretty damn pathetic I might add.

I am an inaugural PSL owner of four seats in Section 134 in the end zone. They arent free and they arent used as some marketing ploy. They are for me, my brother, my father and a guest to watch our Texans. I have gone to just about every game I can without failing in my role as a father and a husband. My name is engraved on the freaking stadium memorial for crying out loud. Every year when I see that huge draft come out of my bank account, I take solace in the fact that it is for my beloved team, The Houston Texans. You can call me an ahole (which I can be), grumpypants (which TC has penned me as before) and you can call me pessimistic (which I am not) but don't say I am not loyal to my Texans, because nothing could be further from the truth.

Has Mario lived up to expectations? If you asked Kubiak, he would say No. So why is it when I say No, I am the Hitler of the Texans fanbase. And for the record I have never said that Mario will never develop or become a good player...my point is that he isn't one presently and that we could have gotten a better football player at the position without having to use a #1 overall pick on a workout warrior.....sound familiar....

TexanRevolution
08-27-2007, 01:44 AM

To his credit, SH did mention that he thought Schaub + MW > VY + 2 2nd rounders...
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=719574#post719574

Has Mario lived up to expectations? If you asked Kubiak, he would say No. So why is it when I say No, I am the Hitler of the Texans fanbase. And for the record I have never said that Mario will never develop or become a good player...my point is that he isn't one presently and that we could have gotten a better football player at the position without having to use a #1 overall pick on a workout warrior.....sound familiar....

I'm curious what your expectations were for Mario during his first year.

Seems to me that you're an educated person...your thoughts are usually lucid and you make your point well. I'm not sure (and don't want to try to guess) what you do for a living, but it seems to me you're probably a fairly sucessful person as well (PSL's aren't cheap). I just happen to wonder what the on-the-job expectations were for you in your own line of work...In my field, there are short-term expectations (I call those 'paying the bills') and long-term goals (professional milestones). I think we can all agree that, in the professional world, nobody expects someone right out of undergrad or MBA school to jump right into a well-established and competitive marketplace and lead the pack. After some 'seasoning,' sure, but not right out of the box...

For the love of Christ, can't we at least wait until the end of year 2 or middle of year 3 before giving an assessment or discussing realistic expectations? Seems to me you at least gave Carr that opportunity.

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2007, 02:23 AM
To his credit, SH did mention that he thought Schaub + MW > VY + 2 2nd rounders...
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=719574#post719574

I'm curious what your expectations were for Mario during his first year.

Seems to me that you're an educated person...your thoughts are usually lucid and you make your point well. I'm not sure (and don't want to try to guess) what you do for a living, but it seems to me you're probably a fairly sucessful person as well (PSL's aren't cheap). I just happen to wonder what the on-the-job expectations were for you in your own line of work...In my field, there are short-term expectations (I call those 'paying the bills') and long-term goals (professional milestones). I think we can all agree that, in the professional world, nobody expects someone right out of undergrad or MBA school to jump right into a well-established and competitive marketplace and lead the pack. After some 'seasoning,' sure, but not right out of the box...

For the love of Christ, can't we at least wait until the end of year 2 or middle of year 3 before giving an assessment or discussing realistic expectations? Seems to me you at least gave Carr that opportunity.

hopefully the whole team can continue to improve including Mario. if memory serves me we have the youngest team in the NFL (or is it just youngest defense?) so that means we should only get better if we can retain our talent and draft well.

OT - just watched the game again and TJ needs a freaking haircut. he can't even find a helmet that will fit him and his helmet is constantly coming off.

TexansSeminole
08-27-2007, 02:30 AM

Agreed.

My expectations for Mario this year is 7-9 sacks. I expect to him to continue making plays against the run. I think the injury has slown his improvement a little bit and I think he will struggle a bit in the beginning of the year and start to pick up his play around midseason.

Specnatz
08-27-2007, 05:44 AM
haha...you refer to a homemade avatar that showed VY running right by Mario. The word is pwned and it means owned in leetspeak. are you saying that Mario didn't get owned in that play? it was just brutal honesty. i have been around here being realistic and objective about the Texans for years..even before my current profile states. I am not going to sugarcoat everything and be a member of the sheeple. I prefer honesty and frankness rather than coachspeak and apologist rhetoric. If I want blatant homering I will just listen to Vanderhomer.

Oh and as for my supposed mancrush on VY, I would have chosen Bush over VY but would have fired Carr's sorry act after year 3 (way before VY had won the National Championship) and hired a real QB. So we wouldn't have had the abysmall 2-14 season to begin with.

I love how me being justifiably critical of Mario's production makes me to be a VY lover and hating on him because he isn't VY. It seems like the guys who get their panties in a wad the most, are the same yayhoos who used to criticize me for calling Carr garbage and failure as a starting QB and all this at a time when everything and any non-homer pointed towards me being correct. And I was subsequently proven correct by both our coaching staff/front office along with every other NFL franchise this past offseason. But you guys are the ones who question my credibility or my loyalty to the Texans. Sounds like playa hatin to me....and pretty damn pathetic I might add.

I am an inaugural PSL owner of four seats in Section 134 in the end zone. They arent free and they arent used as some marketing ploy. They are for me, my brother, my father and a guest to watch our Texans. I have gone to just about every game I can without failing in my role as a father and a husband. My name is engraved on the freaking stadium memorial for crying out loud. Every year when I see that huge draft come out of my bank account, I take solace in the fact that it is for my beloved team, The Houston Texans. You can call me an ahole (which I can be), grumpypants (which TC has penned me as before) and you can call me pessimistic (which I am not) but don't say I am not loyal to my Texans, because nothing could be further from the truth.

If you are going to use a phrase like "pwned" and call it leet speak shold you at least use the term "l33T" correctly and spell it right? If you are going to be this, try and not sound like a neomaxy zoomdweeby and spell the crap right. Other wise you look like a total reject from revenge of the nerds.

As far as Mario getting "owned" as you call it, why is it just him in the avitar and not anyone else? Is he the only one that got "owned" or was it because he s the one you were being "critical" of?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/bsmeter.gif

OK sorry but saying someone got owned is not being critical of them and pointing out what they did wrong, is trying to be an AHOLE and make fun of them. Vinny, TC and many others are critical, yet they do not a an avitar making fun of Mario. That is what it is, making fun. It is not saying what he did right or what he did wrong it is just to see how much of a jerk one can be.

As far as yor name on the building or you having PSL, you can take those and shove it. It does not make you anymore or any less of a fan than anyone else around here. just because you have the money to buy them does not make you any better of a fan than, joe freakin schmoe up in the damn rafters buying individual tickets when he can afford it. Personnaly you just came across as saying I have money I can say and do what ever i want and make fun of a player anyway I want because I paid to do so. Seriously, there are people on this board who spend more for their seats than you, so please I do not need to hear about your seats and how much it makes you a fan.

As far as the same guys who you call getting their panties in a wad, maybe if you would talk about the player versus his family or "pwning" a player and actually talk about the football side of things they would not be so critical of you. I do not see anyone getting upset how Vinny or TC (using them as examples because they do not sugar coat it either, rather that use football knowledge) calls out a single player. Maybe it is not the message but the messanger and how the message is delivered. Take a look at whom they complain about and if it is only you, then maybe it is how you come across.

Errant Hothy
08-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I know no one wants to hear this ...but I thought the cowpokes looked like they had tired legs. Lots of folkes are saying that they've had a prety hard camp.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is just flat out wrong. If anything the Cowboys camp has been one of the easier one's in the NFL this year. So much so that the press here in the DFW dubbed it "Camp Cupcake". All trainig camp practices were in the Alamodome, for crying out loud.

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2007, 09:48 AM
If you are going to use a phrase like "pwned" and call it leet speak shold you at least use the term "l33T" correctly and spell it right? If you are going to be this, try and not sound like a neomaxy zoomdweeby and spell the crap right. Other wise you look like a total reject from revenge of the nerds.

As far as Mario getting "owned" as you call it, why is it just him in the avitar and not anyone else? Is he the only one that got "owned" or was it because he s the one you were being "critical" of?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/bsmeter.gif

OK sorry but saying someone got owned is not being critical of them and pointing out what they did wrong, is trying to be an AHOLE and make fun of them. Vinny, TC and many others are critical, yet they do not a an avitar making fun of Mario. That is what it is, making fun. It is not saying what he did right or what he did wrong it is just to see how much of a jerk one can be.

As far as yor name on the building or you having PSL, you can take those and shove it. It does not make you anymore or any less of a fan than anyone else around here. just because you have the money to buy them does not make you any better of a fan than, joe freakin schmoe up in the damn rafters buying individual tickets when he can afford it. Personnaly you just came across as saying I have money I can say and do what ever i want and make fun of a player anyway I want because I paid to do so. Seriously, there are people on this board who spend more for their seats than you, so please I do not need to hear about your seats and how much it makes you a fan.

As far as the same guys who you call getting their panties in a wad, maybe if you would talk about the player versus his family or "pwning" a player and actually talk about the football side of things they would not be so critical of you. I do not see anyone getting upset how Vinny or TC (using them as examples because they do not sugar coat it either, rather that use football knowledge) calls out a single player. Maybe it is not the message but the messanger and how the message is delivered. Take a look at whom they complain about and if it is only you, then maybe it is how you come across.

haha spec....mario (and the rest of us Texans fans) got pwned in that game, deal with it. i guess I should have just taken an aerial view of the city of houston and had 'pwned'. would that have been better for you. We all want more from Mario, just dont try and criticize a guy because he says it and doesnt give the Capers-speak mantra of 'its only preseason, guys. we dont have our blitz packages in...things are great' and then crap out a 2-14 debacle. I like Mario and think he has a world of potential but the P word is a word that you have to eventually let go of and change it to production.

as for leetspeak and spelling, you got it all wrong. i was trying to break it down for the guy but then you come in with your big mouth and correct me? first off, leet is spelled 1337 not I33T if you want to be technical about it, you noob. oh wow, you called me a nerd. how fresh is that....I am so hurt by your words.

as for my comments about David and his family, I WAS RIGHT. He didn't spend enough time with the team or practicing with his teammates in the offseason. Family was more important than his career and we all know how that went. First one to leave the facility and no real comraderie and interaction with his teammates. He was the primadonna choir boy and no one could question him or they were labeled a hater. Well the truth comes out later that Carr didn't have football as a priority in his life. At least not enough to be successful in this ultra-competitive league. McNair said as much just the other day. I guess he is a hater now too. Carr had his priorities and it showed on the football field. As for his dad, that mullet coifed redneck was a gravy trainer who was counterproductive to his development. If you want to say I am lame for saying it, fine. But the bottom line is that I was right in this diagnosis and analysis....

as for me trying to say 'i got money' or something like that, whatever. If you are deluded enough to think that, fine but nothing could be further from the truth. I work 2 jobs and do volunteer work for Little League Baseball. I work for my money and spend it on things that I love, my family and my football team. I only pointed out my PSL ownership to show that I put my money where my mouth is and that I am a real Texans fan and not just some VY troll....if you want to criticize me for being a season ticket holder, fine but it comes off as you being either jealous or grasping at straws to somehow villify me.

As for telling me to look at how Vinny or TC criticize the team and that following their example would be a good thing, well I am my own person and I will speak my mind even if you don't like it or agree with my opinion. I know the truth hurts sometimes, but it takes a man to admit he was wrong and it takes a man to not hate on people that were proven right and not hate on them because of it.

if you don't agree with me, fine. just don't say I am less of a fan than you because I have the sack to actually be realistic and critical of my team when the situation warrants. if you do, I will be coming back with my ugly stick to set things straight once again. :)

Texans Horror
08-27-2007, 09:50 AM
I think the Texans fans finally got a "flash" of things to come, which is great, but I thought this was pretty nice, too: Okoye and Mario both have 2 solo tackles and 2 assists. Johnson has 3 solo tackles. Babin 6. Dunta has 9 solos and 2 assists. Not bad.

Mr teX
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I can't believe people on this board sometimes. To bash Mario b/c he didn't dominate every single snap is ridiculous. Do we expect Schaub to complete every pass he throws? probably not. Mario & the d-line played very well last night. The D-line unit as a whole looked pretty good. Glad to see TJ get in there with the 1st team & wreak havoc. He looks like he was glad to be back in there & i hope they leave him there b/c he takes pressure off Amobi.

Is there room for improvement? Sure, but as disruptive as they were last night & still have lots to improve upon, if they realize even 3/4th of their potential, thats going to be scary.

D-rob looks like he's back to the form he had in his rookie yr, I'm glad he's accepted the challenge & brought his game up to the level we/I expected after the offseason mumbo jumbo.

Specnatz
08-27-2007, 10:37 AM
haha spec....mario (and the rest of us Texans fans) got pwned in that game, deal with it. i guess I should have just taken an aerial view of the city of houston and had 'pwned'. would that have been better for you. We all want more from Mario, just dont try and criticize a guy because he says it and doesnt give the Capers-speak mantra of 'its only preseason, guys. we dont have our blitz packages in...things are great' and then crap out a 2-14 debacle. I like Mario and think he has a world of potential but the P word is a word that you have to eventually let go of and change it to production.

as for leetspeak and spelling, you got it all wrong. i was trying to break it down for the guy but then you come in with your big mouth and correct me? first off, leet is spelled 1337 not I33T if you want to be technical about it, you noob. oh wow, you called me a nerd. how fresh is that....I am so hurt by your words.

as for my comments about David and his family, I WAS RIGHT. He didn't spend enough time with the team or practicing with his teammates in the offseason. Family was more important than his career and we all know how that went. First one to leave the facility and no real comraderie and interaction with his teammates. He was the primadonna choir boy and no one could question him or they were labeled a hater. Well the truth comes out later that Carr didn't have football as a priority in his life. At least not enough to be successful in this ultra-competitive league. McNair said as much just the other day. I guess he is a hater now too. Carr had his priorities and it showed on the football field. As for his dad, that mullet coifed redneck was a gravy trainer who was counterproductive to his development. If you want to say I am lame for saying it, fine. But the bottom line is that I was right in this diagnosis and analysis....

as for me trying to say 'i got money' or something like that, whatever. If you are deluded enough to think that, fine but nothing could be further from the truth. I work 2 jobs and do volunteer work for Little League Baseball. I work for my money and spend it on things that I love, my family and my football team. I only pointed out my PSL ownership to show that I put my money where my mouth is and that I am a real Texans fan and not just some VY troll....if you want to criticize me for being a season ticket holder, fine but it comes off as you being either jealous or grasping at straws to somehow villify me.

As for telling me to look at how Vinny or TC criticize the team and that following their example would be a good thing, well I am my own person and I will speak my mind even if you don't like it or agree with my opinion. I know the truth hurts sometimes, but it takes a man to admit he was wrong and it takes a man to not hate on people that were proven right and not hate on them because of it.

if you don't agree with me, fine. just don't say I am less of a fan than you because I have the sack to actually be realistic and critical of my team when the situation warrants. if you do, I will be coming back with my ugly stick to set things straight once again. :)

You do have an issue of not understanding. Criticize for playing performances is fine, but you do not do that. You are vile and blast people in a way that is not becoming. Your the type of fan that gives other fans a bad name. Saying mario did not play well is truth when it is, but to say he is and his family sucks would be bad. See the differance.

Oh and again your reading skills are about on par with Miss Tenn South Carolina, I did not criticize you for having a psl, I said you saying you having your name on some wall and I got psls is supposed to mean you can talk anyway you like and not have someone call you on it is BS. I will call you on it without hesitation. As far as being jealous, no not one bit, I am very content and happy and I like being a nice guy versus being the complete opposite, that would be you.

As far as you being your own person, that was not my point whne I said look how they say things. I was referring to the tone and vileness of their post, but I guess it is to difficult to say the same thing in a way as to not degrade the player.

HuttoKarl
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM

Witten, the Cowboys TE, totally owned Mario one on one time and time again last night. That being said, at least Mario knows that his play is not up to standards and that he is going to have to improve or lose his starting job.

He sure got to Romo on that play pretty fast...sack or not...and I love the fact that he got up and showed some fire. Isn't that what the Mario detractors have been asking from him all preseason now? He looked far better on Saturday than he has in the other two games.

real
08-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Mario is a good football player....wouldn't take him long to become an elite LE...

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2007, 10:52 AM
You do have an issue of not understanding. Criticize for playing performances is fine, but you do not do that. You are vile and blast people in a way that is not becoming. Your the type of fan that gives other fans a bad name. Saying mario did not play well is truth when it is, but to say he is and his family sucks would be bad. See the differance.

Oh and again your reading skills are about on par with Miss Tenn South Carolina, I did not criticize you for having a psl, I said you saying you having your name on some wall and I got psls is supposed to mean you can talk anyway you like and not have someone call you on it is BS. I will call you on it without hesitation. As far as being jealous, no not one bit, I am very content and happy and I like being a nice guy versus being the complete opposite, that would be you.

As far as you being your own person, that was not my point whne I said look how they say things. I was referring to the tone and vileness of their post, but I guess it is to difficult to say the same thing in a way as to not degrade the player.

did I say Mario's family sucks? yeah, didn't think so but nice try.

as for me getting called out by you. Called out for what? being right about Carr all along?

as for me being the opposite of nice, I am one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. I just don't like people questioning my loyalty as a Texans fan. Just because your panties are in a wad this morning is no reason to make things personal between posters.

but whatever, i shouldn't expect much of a grasp of reality from a guy who calls Bagwell one of his favorite players of all time. commitment to mediocrity.

HOU-TEX
08-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Does anybody know why Amobi wasn't credited with a sack? Or at least a partial?

On the play he shot the gap and missed Romo initially, but crab crawled around to get him again. After watching the replay I thought Amobi was clearly wrapped up on Romo while Orr was flying over the top.

Did anyone else notice this?

:d:

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2007, 10:58 AM

On the play he shot the gap and missed Romo initially, but crab crawled around to get him again. After watching the replay I thought Amobi was clearly wrapped up on Romo while Orr was flying over the top.

yeah, it was pretty much Orr's sack though. Amobi GREATLY contributed to it though.

HOU-TEX
08-27-2007, 11:03 AM
yeah, it was pretty much Orr's sack though. Amobi GREATLY contributed to it though.

I think it would've at least been split. Orr made Romo go low, but Amobi wrapped him up.

Oh well, pre-season stats don't mean a whole lot to me anyways. I'll mentally give Amobi the sack.:d:

Yankee_In_TX
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
My $.02 w/out reading this muck, it is surprising how often Mario and even Okoye had 2 guys blocking them. However, when they do land single coverage, they need to really step it up. That's my thought after watching the game again yesterday + a lot of rewinding.

real
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM

Not sure how it was Orr's sack...

Amobi got there first, missed, Orr came flying in and made Romo take cover and Amobi was there to wrap him up...

Texans Horror
08-27-2007, 11:21 AM

I saw it, too, and loved it. He tripped up Romo, which gave Orr time to get him. Great defensive football, and just the sort of thing the Texans will need to keep quarterbacks in check.

HOU-TEX
08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Not sure how it was Orr's sack...

Amobi got there first, missed, Orr came flying in and made Romo take cover and Amobi was there to wrap him up...

That's exactly how I saw it too.:cool:

The Pencil Neck
08-27-2007, 11:25 AM

Yes. I thought that was worth a partial.

Chance_C
08-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Then Mario acts like he just perfected cold fusion and 'shushes' the crowd like he did something special.

What Mario did on that play was beat his man, big time. Actually, Romo may have fumbled the snap because he saw Mario coming full steam. I think if he would not have fumbled the snap, that he very likely would have been sacked anyway.

TexansLucky13
08-27-2007, 12:12 PM
What Mario did on that play was beat his man, big time. Actually, Romo may have fumbled the snap because he saw Mario coming full steam. I think if he would not have fumbled the snap, that he very likely would have been sacked anyway.

Exactly. I got blasted for pointing this out, though.

HOU-TEX
08-27-2007, 12:16 PM

I want to agree with you, but can't. If Romo handled the ball he would've have been 10 yards in the backfield. Mario was riden deep around the outside which OT's are supposed to do when being speed rushed around the outside. Romo would've been quite safe in the pocket if the snap hadn't been muffed.

But hey, I'm not going to complain. IMO, Mario had a good game. Hopefully he can build off of it.:cool:

real
08-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I want to agree with you, but can't. If Romo handled the ball he would've have been 10 yards in the backfield. Mario was riden deep around the outside which OT's are supposed to do when being speed rushed around the outside. Romo would've been quite safe in the pocket if the snap hadn't been muffed.

But hey, I'm not going to complain. IMO, Mario had a good game. Hopefully he can build off of it.:cool:

Bingo...

The OT didn't know Romo was chasing the ball 10 yards behind him...

Shaft75
08-27-2007, 12:42 PM
I like the whole shushing thing that Mario did. It shows that he is aware of what is being written and talked about when it comes to his play. I hope that he can just stay out of the media and develop his nasty streak a bit more. I wouldn't want to tangle with the guy I saw the other night...

real
08-27-2007, 02:51 PM
That's exactly how I saw it too.:cool:

http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Preseason/2007-08-25-Cowboys-Texans/2ndQuarter/DSC_0601.JPG

real
08-27-2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Preseason/2007-08-25-Cowboys-Texans/2ndQuarter/DSC_0602.JPG

HOU-TEX
08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Preseason/2007-08-25-Cowboys-Texans/2ndQuarter/DSC_0601.JPG

LMAO! Nice find xtr. It looks like Orr was just along for the ride.

The sack was Amobi's.:texflag:

The Pencil Neck
08-27-2007, 02:55 PM
I take it back. That's more than a partial.

real
08-27-2007, 02:55 PM
The best part about Amobi's sack was the fact that he didn't count that as a 'real' sack....

real
08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
LMAO! Nice find xtr. It looks like Orr was just along for the ride.

The sack was Amobi's.:texflag:

I take it back. That's more than a partial.

It was most definitely Amobi's sack...

Rewind it a couple of frames and you can see he was the first and only Texan to beat his man off the snap...

http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Preseason/2007-08-25-Cowboys-Texans/2ndQuarter/DSC_0597.JPG

HOU-TEX
08-27-2007, 03:04 PM
It was most definitely Amobi's sack...

Rewind it a couple of frames and you can see he was the first and only Texan to beat his man off the snap...

I saw it a few times. He shot the gap, not being touched at all. I hope it's a sign of his quickness rather than just a good guess by shooting the gap.:cool:

real
08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I saw it a few times. He shot the gap, not being touched at all. I hope it's a sign of his quickness rather than just a good guess by shooting the gap.:cool:

Honestly, I'd rather him have made a good guess...That means he's into the game and if he recognizes something or has a feeling about something he's not afraid to pounce on it and capatalize...That'd be really impressive for a rookie DT...

A lot of people don't watch Okoye or can't train their eyes to see what the DT's are doing, but low key Okoye has gotten better every game from a mental aspect...

I believe the kid is going to be special.....Great pass rushing moves, and uses his quickness well in the run game....+ a whole bunch of other things I've noticed about him...

This guy is going to be a great asset...

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Honestly, I'd rather him have made a good guess...That means he's into the game and if he recognizes something or has a feeling about something he's not afraid to pounce on it and capatalize...That'd be really impressive for a rookie DT...

A lot of people don't watch Okoye or can't train their eyes to see what the DT's are doing, but low key Okoye has gotten better every game from a mental aspect...

I believe the kid is going to be special.....Great pass rushing moves, and uses his quickness well in the run game....+ a whole bunch of other things I've noticed about him...

yeah he has been overpowered and overmatched at times, but he will learn how to work through that and he should get stronger and stronger each and every day. I like his quickness and his balance.

HOU-TEX
08-27-2007, 03:17 PM

True, true.

I thought he and Mario both improved a great deal compared to the past two games. I'd hope it was a preview of things to come. :d: