PDA

View Full Version : Feel OUR pain!

FirstTexansFan
08-26-2007, 10:49 AM
As a fan of the Texans in a region of Texas that gives absolutely zero coverage of MY team, I believe I can speak for all fans in this area. You guys in Houston don't know how good you have it. You have radio coverage daily, you can watch the 5,6, and 10pm news and get information, you never miss a game, as they are always broadcast locally. Our only means of getting anything is either on this MB, or the official Texans website. I watch the videos posted there over and over.

Some of you get a little bent when we guys call you out for being negative about the team. If you had to go without any coverage, the last thing you want to hear is some guys negative opinion of (name your player). Imagine everytime you wore your Texans gear out in public being ridiculed, smack talked, and reminded daily what a bonehead front office you have for passing on (name your player).
Every night on the local news, we are subjected to nothing but Cowboys propaganda. The local coverage of the game last night would make even the strongest constitution wanna puke.

I respect cowboy fans in the Dallas area, I like Wade Phillips, I like alot of the cowboys players, but SA cowboy fans? The hate and anger we feel towards them can't be measured. SA cowboy fans are literally the worst of the bunch. We call SA, Dallas South for a reason. There is not a single radio station in this area that broadcasts the Texans games. On the official website, they list AM 1420 New Braunfels, as a flag station for the Texans, they've yet to broadcast a single game. (Front office, you need to take note of this and do something about it please). At least remove that information from your website. Even Austin has it better than us, KEYE may be run by morons, but they have broadcast the Texans preseason games. Our local CBS affiliate would rather show a game between Green Bay and Chicago, than broadcast a Texans game. All the emails in the world from a number of us, couldn't change their decision last year.

So next time you sit down at your computer to make a posting, keep the poor souls who live in hell in mind. Last nights victory means so much to us. It gives us that ammunition we need to survive in the "Enemy's Territory". Come walk in our shoes awhile, you'll be a lot more appreciative :)

htexfan
08-26-2007, 10:55 AM
As a fan in Central Texas, I couldn't agree with you more, we are in the same boat. Last season, professional bowling was aired instead of our Texan game. It sucks!!!! This win is huge!!! I had so many Dallas fans telling me they would have Klenex's ready on Monday. Oh...I can't wait!!!!!

AZwhoopr
08-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Yeah I don't get most Texans games either where I live. I want to get the football package that allows you to watch any NFL game going on sooooooo bad but I don't have satelite. But as a fan that goes through the same thing as you, I suggest watching the Texan's gamecast on nfl.com. That's the closest thing I have to actually watching or listening to the game, but it's something so I appreciate it.:cool:
I must say however, I enjoyed how everyone here practically gave us a play-by-play recap. Thanks for taking the time to do that last night, I enjoyed reading about our arse whooping that we served to the cowgirls.

Silver Oak
08-26-2007, 02:47 PM
it might not come this season, but a winning season and a playoff run, and those same stations will change their tune and air our games out there.

eriadoc
08-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks for posting that! I'll try to watch my level of negativity in the future (though I've been called a blind homer before, so I don't really know)!

LORK 88
08-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Great post, I feel your pain (especially the part about San Antonio fans being the worst, that was too true).

Brando
08-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I feel your pain! I used to live in SA during the Texans Inaugural Season. Every Cowboy fan was like "get ready for a whippin". So I know how the SA Cowboy fans are. I live in Corpus Christi now and it's more Cowboy coverage unless they are covering High School sports. There is more Texan fans here than it was in SA though.

I miss the Houston newscast at 5,6, and 10.

By the way I had to listen to the Cowboy homers call the game last night.

It was a nice win Pre-Season or not.

brakos82
08-26-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm in Seattle the last half of the season every year. That's what the Internet was made for. :cowboy1:

afcman
08-26-2007, 03:16 PM
I moved to Lubbock in '02. The first two yrs out here the local station would play the Houston games. The last couple of seasons they hardly go to them it seems. I think people would watch the first quarter or half and then turn it off because it was always the same 'ole Carr and blah, blah.

I go to the stores out here and they will sell and promote the cowboys but you don't see much in Texans merchandise.

That WILL change if the Texans start winning. And I think they will now that we finally have a new GM and coach. And a QB.

:fans:

V Man
08-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Amen Brother.

I know your pain.

Sideline
08-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I feel your pain in this situation also my friend, I myself am stuck a long long way away over the pond in England. I get the ridicule of mentioning the sport I love and whenever I wear my Texans gear which is most days in some way or form the ridicule of why do you love that sport comes out, and then those that do know the sport also like to take a dig at the Texans, as most of the fans over here tend to fall between the Dolphins/Giants and Raiders.

I also play the sport we love in the British leagues and have played this sport also since I was 6 years old in the junior ranks, as soon as I could hold a Football I was playing with one as a baby, and still I constantly get the questions and constant put downs from people of "why do you play that sport, isn't it just rugby with pads on."

I have to say the TV coverage we reciever over here has gone up and we now get NFL Total Access on a daily basis albeit a day late. However my only source of Texans news is from the Internet and you guys (as Total Access shows us no love at all), thanks for keeping me in the know and thanks for the great people here that are going to be welcoming me when I come over to Houston for my first ever Texans game next month.

I feel your pain dude, and am incredibly jelous of anyone of you over the pond let alone you lucky lot in Houston.

UvaldeTexan
08-26-2007, 03:35 PM
FYI the Ticket 760 in SA does carry the Texans game on the radio. They just did not carry the preseason game last night because it conflicted with the Astros broadcast. I think they have to give the preference to the regular season baseball over pre season football. That being said...I do feel your pain about the normal 0 % coverage the Texans get here in the SA media. I was shocked today when Buck Harvey had a somewhat positive article today on Schaub in the Express News.

rvguy121
08-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I know and understand your pain completely! I live in Dallas...just try to be a Texan fan here!! I made an investment this year so that I would not miss out..I now have Direc-TV Sunday Ticket and a new 57" Mitsubushi HD TV. You automatically get NFL network on Direc-TV, thus you can watch the reply of the game later. (at least preseason, I just watched the Girls vs. Texans game) Coupled with the computer there's no need to suffer any longer! Stand tall and proud Texan fans and know things will change soon!

If the Texans continue to play the way they did last night, changes will come sooner than later!! GO TEXANS!!!

Carr Bombed
08-26-2007, 03:44 PM
As a fan of the Texans in a region of Texas that gives absolutely zero coverage of MY team, I believe I can speak for all fans in this area. You guys in Houston don't know how good you have it. You have radio coverage daily, you can watch the 5,6, and 10pm news and get information, you never miss a game, as they are always broadcast locally. Our only means of getting anything is either on this MB, or the official Texans website. I watch the videos posted there over and over.

Some of you get a little bent when we guys call you out for being negative about the team. If you had to go without any coverage, the last thing you want to hear is some guys negative opinion of (name your player). Imagine everytime you wore your Texans gear out in public being ridiculed, smack talked, and reminded daily what a bonehead front office you have for passing on (name your player).
Every night on the local news, we are subjected to nothing but Cowboys propaganda. The local coverage of the game last night would make even the strongest constitution wanna puke.

I respect cowboy fans in the Dallas area, I like Wade Phillips, I like alot of the cowboys players, but SA cowboy fans? The hate and anger we feel towards them can't be measured. SA cowboy fans are literally the worst of the bunch. We call SA, Dallas South for a reason. There is not a single radio station in this area that broadcasts the Texans games. On the official website, they list AM 1420 New Braunfels, as a flag station for the Texans, they've yet to broadcast a single game. (Front office, you need to take note of this and do something about it please). At least remove that information from your website. Even Austin has it better than us, KEYE may be run by morons, but they have broadcast the Texans preseason games. Our local CBS affiliate would rather show a game between Green Bay and Chicago, than broadcast a Texans game. All the emails in the world from a number of us, couldn't change their decision last year.

So next time you sit down at your computer to make a posting, keep the poor souls who live in hell in mind. Last nights victory means so much to us. It gives us that ammunition we need to survive in the "Enemy's Territory". Come walk in our shoes awhile, you'll be a lot more appreciative :)

Dude, I lived in Dallas for the first three seasons, then in Michigan for the last two. In 5 years of Texans football, I was able to watch maybe 10 to 12 games. The way I look at it is I didn't miss much during those lean (Carr) years.

I know have moved back to Houston...............and I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!
:doot:

I'm going to be able to watch EVERY texans game and my uncle (who never really goes to games) has 4 sweet a** season tickets that are about 15 rows off the field and on the 30 yardline. I CAN SEE EVERYTHING and hear EVERY BLOW.

Oh man I forgot that you can't watch every game, I'm sorry, I'm just extremely excited about the season.

FirstTexansFan
08-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Carrbomb remind me to slap you silly when I go to a game this year....salt in the wound!!! ROFL It's ok bro, I'm happy for ya, at times I wish I'd never have chosen this hellhole to retire in, but a slow drift down the Guadalupe brings me back to reality :)

nfl-brit
08-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm in Seattle the last half of the season every year. That's what the Internet was made for. :cowboy1:

Amen to that, mate!!

nfl-brit
08-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I feel your pain dude, and am incredibly jelous of anyone of you over the pond let alone you lucky lot in Houston.

Me, too.

I also envy Sideline his opportunity to tailgate and see a game with an intensity that borders on pain. Given my salary, mortgage, commitments etc, my likelyhood of following suit is exactly zero.

Without this site and the folks who populate it, I'd of written off supporting a specific team as pointless a few years back.

:texflag:

SheTexan
08-26-2007, 05:31 PM
This thread makes me really sad. In this day and age everyone should be able to watch their favorite team on TV. Our TEXANS is one of the main reasons I stay in the Houston area. I simply cannot imagine not being able to attend the games. Never thought I would entertain the thought of retiring in this city, always wanted to go to the mountains. BUT, I have a feeling our TEXANS will keep me right here.

kiwitexansfan
08-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Can I add my name to the feel OUR pain list.

Thank goodness for the web thats all I can say. :user:

Can I just say that I for one appreciate the knowledge and info so many people on this board bring to the table.

A huge THANK YOU

edo783
08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Having lived out of Houston for 5 years I can attest to the issues that beset the Texans fan that isn't in Houston. Without this site (and a couple of others) and Direct TVs NFL ticket it would have been very hard to be a fan. Now that I'm back home in Houston, I get to share in not only the games but the FLAVOR that happens locally. I will do my best to share that flavor with the out of town fans because that means so much when your not here.

WaywardTexanFan
08-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Living in MD I subscribed to Direct TV's Sunday ticket. I can watch the games, but Direct TV won't let me subscribe to the Fox Sports network for Houston.

I get to deal with Ragskin and Baltomoron fans when I wear my Texans gear.

I love this site!!!:fans:

GuerillaBlack
08-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Having lived out of Houston for 5 years I can attest to the issues that beset the Texans fan that isn't in Houston. Without this site (and a couple of others) and Direct TVs NFL ticket it would have been very hard to be a fan. Now that I'm back home in Houston, I get to share in not only the games but the FLAVOR that happens locally. I will do my best to share that flavor with the out of town fans because that means so much when your not here.

I may not be living in Houston soon, so NFL Sunday Ticket looks good. Is there a way to only buy it for one team?

kiwitexansfan
08-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I am so jealous that you guys get to watch games.

My only option is the ridiculously expensive option to subscribe to the internet service on NFL.com. Its even worse when you factor in the exchange rate for the South Pacific Peso.

WaywardTexanFan
08-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I may not be living in Houston soon, so NFL Sunday Ticket looks good. Is there a way to only buy it for one team?

No Sunday ticket is an all or nothing plan. It isn't to bad $230 for every NFL game.

edo783
08-26-2007, 09:11 PM

Kind of an all or nothing thing. Loved it though.

DocBar
08-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I get Sunday Ticket and LOVE it!! I travel for a living and am NEVER home for a football game. I'm stuck in Bungles country for the next 9 or 10 months and was in sAints country for last season. The money is well spent to be able to watch my Texans every week and get the NFL Network on Direct TV.

The Pencil Neck
08-26-2007, 10:12 PM
I get Sunday Ticket and LOVE it!! I travel for a living and am NEVER home for a football game. I'm stuck in Bungles country for the next 9 or 10 months and was in sAints country for last season. The money is well spent to be able to watch my Texans every week and get the NFL Network on Direct TV.

I've been doing that for years. It was the only way I could get my Texans' fix in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and now in Dallas.

DocBar
08-26-2007, 10:18 PM
I've been doing that for years. It was the only way I could get my Texans' fix in Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and now in Dallas.
I know what ya mean. It REALLY sux when I'm out of the country during the season. When that happens, I have to rely on the internet and that can be sketchy at best.

The Pencil Neck
08-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I know what ya mean. It REALLY sux when I'm out of the country during the season. When that happens, I have to rely on the internet and that can be sketchy at best.

Been there, done that. I was in Italy for the beginning of one season and I had to find little internet cafe's in places where I couldn't actually communicate with people to find out what the scores were. That was a nightmare.

DocBar
08-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Been there, done that. I was in Italy for the beginning of one season and I had to find little internet cafe's in places where I couldn't actually communicate with people to find out what the scores were. That was a nightmare. You should try ANYWHERE in Africa, Iraq or South America.

The Pencil Neck
08-26-2007, 10:50 PM
You should try ANYWHERE in Africa, Iraq or South America.

Gosh, thanks so much but... I'll pass. :specnatz:

bayshorebevo
08-26-2007, 11:10 PM
This probably sounds nuts, but I sometimes give honest opinion negative slant posts when not happy with the way things are going because I think it might help make things go in a positive direction.

I do feel the pain not seeing or hearing the game though. The digital AM receiver has gotten a workout in my car before.

FirstTexansFan
08-27-2007, 12:15 AM
The digital AM receiver has gotten a workout in my car before.

I'd do this, if a radio station was broadcasting the game :) It's sad, we live 180 miles from Houston, but there isn't an official radio station for the Texans in San Antonio (I hear 760 will carry them, but they cut their signal in half after 6pm and you can't receive the channel, and they aren't listed on the Texans website), Austin, or Dallas. This is a market that surely the Texans front office is interested in, but from lack of seeing anything, I believe their effort is little if any. We have the sowboys here for training camp, and we're fed a steady diet nightly on the local news. When we arise, we read about them in the paper. Trying to find any sports attire with a Texans logo is nearly as tough as finding the Ark. In fact, I believe the Ark would be easier to find.
Mix all of the above with a hostile native ready to physically harm you for wearing anything not colored blue and silver, and you have the makings of one (ME) very unhappy Texan fan.
So, what do we do? We come here looking for that bright ray of sunshine, and what do we see? A group of Houstonians so pissed off at the team, we might as well be reading the local newspaper :) I understand the five years of frustration, and I believe keeping things real is important, but we can do that without calling (name your player) an f'in moron who should die a horrible death by fire ants. (Yes, a bad example, but it's late, and I"m tired). I know I've seen it somewhere...."LIE TO ME BABY!" :) Every now and then throw we folks out in BFE a bone, and don't take it personal when we just grow tired of all your negativity.
I was serious when I said, you guys don't realize how good you have it :)