PDA

View Full Version : Did u see that?

htexfan
08-26-2007, 07:32 AM
I woke up pinching myself. After hearing smack all week from Dallas fans (and man, there are a lot of them)...the game could not have gone better. We deflated Dallas' Big Heads. The Cowboys had looked so good against Denver, I'll admit I was scared and had even said as long as we didn't get players hurt that I would consider it a win. Well, man were my expectations low. We looked amazing. I really thought all sides of the ball looked better. At first it was hard watching the game on the Dallas Network, but then it made the win even sweeter Hearing Jerry Jones talk before the game about how we would want to keep our first trophy as memorbila made me sick, I love that he is the one that has to be filling sick this morning. I am so happy to be able to say "did u see that?" now. I can't wait to see what on earth the cryboys will come back with. Not much they can say now after that. They even had starters in into the 4th quarter with our 2nd rounders. It was just great!!!!

Insideop
08-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Gotta say, that's probably the main reason I'm glad they won, I don't have to listen to those "cowpie" fans bragging for awhile at work. Ahhhh! It feels so good! :yahoo: :highfive: :dance3: :doot:

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm not trying to burst anyones bubble here but I think people need to back off the scoreboard stuff. I was incredibly impressed with how we played and things look good. As I've stated in another thread I grew up in Ft. Worth too so have been a Dallas fan. I'm excited for both teams.:whip:

However it is preseason and a totally different mindset. I don't ever call scoreboard on any of these games. I really never saw this as a bragging game..more a benchmark game.

htexfan
08-26-2007, 08:30 AM
3rd preseason game....starters in....Cowboys said from the beginning of the game and showed last week with all the blitzing they were doing against Denver that they were going all out. Houston slammed Dallas...enough said. If the cryboys are going to try to say it was preseason and didn't matter as their excuse thats even sadder than the way the played last night!!!!

Silver Oak
08-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm not trying to burst anyones bubble here but I think people need to back off the scoreboard stuff. I was incredibly impressed with how we played and things look good. As I've stated in another thread I grew up in Ft. Worth too so have been a Dallas fan. I'm excited for both teams.:whip:

However it is preseason and a totally different mindset. I don't ever call scoreboard on any of these games. I really never saw this as a bragging game..more a benchmark game.

spoken like a true Cowgirl fan. :fans:

Sideline
08-26-2007, 08:31 AM
The scoreboard really doesn't matter at all but with the talk being all week about how this is the Texans Offence's toughest test, I think we can say that we passed with flying colours, Schaub looked excellent, Green ran like we have hoped he would since he got here and then there is Jacoby Jones returning and receiving.

Have to say im impressed, the Cheifs really are in for a treat come Week one.

alphajoker
08-26-2007, 08:35 AM

This was as close to a regular season game as you can get for a pre-season game. I will not back off the scoreboard stuff...a win over the Cow putas should and will be celebrated! :texflag:

Sideline
08-26-2007, 08:38 AM
A wins a win at the end of the day, even in games where the final score doesn't matter its better to win than lose.

GlassHalfFull
08-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Great article on Fanhouse

The game ball should go to Jacoby Jones, who had a great performance in both punt returns and receptions, but another game ball should go to Texan fans. In the post game quotes, many of the Cowboy players mentioned the difficulties that they had with the noise in the stadium. (The game ball should be given to Texan fans also for not killing braying Cowboy fans, unless of course, you actually did kill a Cowboy fan, and then you should receive two game balls. Three game balls if a trident was involved).

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/26/texans-kick-cowboys-in-the-teeth-win-28-16/#cont

Leahmic223
08-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Check the Cowgirl fans today.

All they say is "Its only preseason." and "You guys treated it like it was a superbowl game."

Which is funny because, it was dallas the last two weeks that took their preaseason games seriously. It was Dallas that the Broncos player said 'Broke the Preseason code of ethics'. It was Dallas that left their starters in after we pulled ours (and we still played well against their 1's).

:texflag: Dallas, your time is up.

Sideline
08-26-2007, 08:45 AM

The game ball should go to Jacoby Jones, who had a great performance in both punt returns and receptions, but another game ball should go to Texan fans. In the post game quotes, many of the Cowboy players mentioned the difficulties that they had with the noise in the stadium. (The game ball should be given to Texan fans also for not killing braying Cowboy fans, unless of course, you actually did kill a Cowboy fan, and then you should receive two game balls. Three game balls if a trident was involved).

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/26/texans-kick-cowboys-in-the-teeth-win-28-16/#cont

Love It!

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 08:59 AM
spoken like a true Cowgirl fan. :fans:

Typical Silver Oak. Aren't you supposed to be talking about how Schaub isn't that good and Carr is supposed to comeback?You got issues.

People don't need to take what I said so seriously. The fact is, it was a pre-season game. It doesn't count. We have played 2 regular season games and 2 pre-season games. Last year when Dallas won in the regular season people were still trotting out 19-10. The other years we or they won in preseason people said it didn't matter. I LOVED the way we played. I'm just not sitting her talking smack over a pre-season game. I enjoy both teams. Sorry but "Cowgirl" smack is lame. When it counts then I'll see how it goes. But the urgency is probably different for both of these teams right now. Don't think if Dallas had won in the end with its 3rd stringers people wouldn't be saying "but our first team beat theirs." It has happened before.

All they say is "Its only preseason." and "You guys treated it like it was a superbowl game."

Which is funny because, it was dallas the last two weeks that took their preaseason games seriously. It was Dallas that the Broncos player said 'Broke the Preseason code of ethics'. It was Dallas that left their starters in after we pulled ours (and we still played well against their 1's).

They are right. My family lives up there and people in Dallas could care less. People here take these games way too seriously. I'm just excited they looked good and Schaub and Jacoby stood out.

Leahmic223
08-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Typical Silver Oak. Aren't you supposed to be talking about how Schaub isn't that good and Carr is supposed to comeback?You got issues.

People don't need to take what I said so seriously. The fact is, it was a pre-season game. It doesn't count. We have played 2 regular season games and 2 pre-season games. Last year when Dallas won in the regular season people were still trotting out 19-10. The other years we or they won in preseason people said it didn't matter. I LOVED the way we played. I'm just not sitting her talking smack over a pre-season game. I enjoy both teams. Sorry but "Cowgirl" smack is lame. When it counts then I'll see how it goes. But the urgency is probably different for both of these teams right now. Don't think if Dallas had won in the end with its 3rd stringers people wouldn't be saying "but our first team beat theirs." It has happened before.

They are right. My family lives up there and people in Dallas could care less. People here take these games way too seriously. I'm just excited they looked good and Schaub and Jacoby stood out.

I don't get why they would say anything since they say its just a preseason game.

The Cowboys players and coaching staff has been taking the preseason pretty seriously. We are actually the first team to score on their first string defense. The Cowboys gameplanned for last weeks game, and if they would had won, it would be them talking trash. But since we won its "Oh its your superbowl." or "Oh its only preseason." or even "Its better to lose this game so the Coach can point out the negatives blah blah blah."

Nah, I know their kind and I am going to trash talk a preseason game because they would do the same thing if they were on the other side. Otherwise I really don't care.

sakebomb
08-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Hell yeah I'm calling scoreboard. If those loser fans can still pull out their championships from the 70's and 90's smack I will call scoreboard when I can.

It was a good game for the Texans and I am loving me some TEXANS SPECIAL TEAMS. It's great to know that if they kick it to us we can break it for a TD.

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Hell yeah I'm calling scoreboard. If those loser fans can still pull out their championships from the 70's and 90's smack I will call scoreboard when I can.

It was a good game for the Texans and I am loving me some TEXANS SPECIAL TEAMS. It's great to know that if they kick it to us we can break it for a TD.

Well that is because they are real championships and not pre-season titles.

This is how I look at it. 19-10 lasted 4 years and was all good for the Texans. Never in that time frame did I ever hear a Cowboy fan or anyone on here say, "well they are 2-1 in the preseason v. us, etc, etc. In fact most on here laughed at the Cowboy fans for bringing it up. Last year it was Dallas 34-6. We are 1-1 on the all time record books. I had forgotten about 2 of the preseason games until last night.

If we had lost and went 9-7 and were in the playoffs and they were 8-8 and missed I'd be talking all kinds of crap vs. winning this game and them having a great year v missing the playoffs. That is my beef with preseason. When it is a one touchdown game and you turn the game over to your backups, I can't take it seriously. I'm just FIRED up that we have some great talent and looklike we are making a move.

htexfan
08-26-2007, 09:38 AM
QUOTE People don't need to take what I said so seriously. The fact is, it was a pre-season game. It

They are right. My family lives up there and people in Dallas could care less. People here take these games way too seriously.[/QUOTE]

when u say "here", r u referring to Houston? r u serious? I think your family is the only ones that don't care. I am the lone Houston fan in a family full of Dallas fans. They are so upset by the game they won't even talk about it. I mean, I am thowing a "replay" party to rewatch the game and for some reason none of them want to come???

and....this is not a game that you can ride the fence on. We looked great, they looked horrible. That's it. They have been talking smack since the first pre-season game and considered us an easy win. now to say it is only preseason is a joke. come on. you know you really want to burn any cowboys stuff you ever owned and jump on the bandwagon headed for many more victories!!! come on, you know you want to.

Silver Oak
08-26-2007, 09:41 AM

Such hatred, internet tough guy! :shades:

I cheer for the uniform Froggie. Whether it was Carr last year or Schaub this year, or Zabaransky in 3 years. I think thats something you miss the point on completely.

I've been in support of Schaub since we traded for him so I don't know where you pulled that one from.

BattleRedToro
08-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I wish the NFL would eliminate 2 of the preseason games and make the season 18 games long. Then, the Texans and Cowboys could play a regular season game every year.

HJam72
08-26-2007, 09:47 AM
The only thing about this game that wasn't played just like a real one is the 4th quarter, when we pulled starters out faster than they did. Technically, it doesn't count, but I think we have every reason to be proud. This game was "played" by both teams (coaches and players) like it was the real thing.

I don't usually bother to say this, but GO TEXANS!!!! :fans: :texflag::fans:

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 09:50 AM
QUOTE People don't need to take what I said so seriously. The fact is, it was a pre-season game. It

They are right. My family lives up there and people in Dallas could care less. People here take these games way too seriously.

when u say "here", r u referring to Houston? r u serious? I think your family is the only ones that don't care. I am the lone Houston fan in a family full of Dallas fans. They are so upset by the game they won't even talk about it. I mean, I am thowing a "replay" party to rewatch the game and for some reason none of them want to come???

and....this is not a game that you can ride the fence on. We looked great, they looked horrible. That's it. They have been talking smack since the first pre-season game and considered us an easy win. now to say it is only preseason is a joke. come on. you know you really want to burn any cowboys stuff you ever owned and jump on the bandwagon headed for many more victories!!! come on, you know you want to.

Seriously. I'm 37 and grew up in Ft. Worth. I've been a Cowboy fan since the mid 70s. I've seen it all. I talked to my two brother and parents and they weren't even watching the game. It was a SB here all week. I just think the build up is silly. People here care more about Dallas than Dallas cares about Houston. Don't get me wrong. I moved here in 1993 and am a huge Texans fan. In other threads I'm talking about being fired up about the game. But in normal games with a 5 point lead you aren't going to see starters taken out. It is just fact. So I'm enjoying the fact that we looked good against a tough D. I said in the one thread that I'm excited about the season. It isn't acut that I don't want to talk smack. I just look at it as lifetime 1-1. I thinkt he season will be fun this year.

I cheer for the uniform Froggie. Whether it was Carr last year or Schaub this year, or Zabaransky in 3 years. I think thats something you miss the point on completely.

I've been in support of Schaub since we traded for him so I don't know where you pulled that one from.

Hatred. No hatred, just amazement at your lame b.s...LOL.. "Internet tough guy"..are we in 5th grade? Is that why you have been in trouble on these boards before? I pulled that one out from your undying hatred for anyone last year that said we were better off without Carr and that we needed someone with pocket presence. Of course that was football talk and you wanted none of that. You completely got personal just like you are right now. Sorry, its sad from an adult.

SheTexan
08-26-2007, 09:52 AM

There were some "Gal" fans around me who were sporting a hat that had "FIVE SUPERBOWLS" on it, and they were waving it around in Texan fans faces, shooting us the finger, acting like the fools they are. I got a big kick out of it because they were the first to vacate the section, with their hats in their hands! lol

Anyone who thinks the scoreboard doesn't count with a Cowboy game is completely NUTS! It means as much to Dallas fans, when they win, as it does us!

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 09:55 AM
There were some "Gal" fans around me who were sporting a hat that had "FIVE SUPERBOWLS" on it, and they were waving it around in Texan fans faces, shooting us the finger, acting like the fools they are. I got a big kick out of it because they were the first to vacate the section, with their hats in their hands! lol

Anyone who thinks the scoreboard doesn't count with a Cowboy game is completely NUTS! It means as much to Dallas fans, when they win, as it does us!

Maybe for some a-holes like that woman but for most that have been lifelongs, it doesn't. It just doesn't.

Leahmic223
08-26-2007, 09:56 AM

Except when they lose to us its always their 5 superbowls or some other lame excuse. I am sorry but it is hard to like that team because of their fans. Its either trash talk when they win or excuses when they lose its never just "The better team won, good game."

That is why people either love the Cowboys or hate them, its not that many people that are in between.

I'd like to add one thing though, Cowboy fans are only like that because of their success in the past. Look at successful franchises and arrogant fans follow Lakers, Yankees. Not like all of the fans are like that, its usually the band wagon fans. I mean i've met some pretty arrogant Saint fans in the past year, i've met many Saint fans all of a sudden. If the Texans start to win it is going to be hard dealing with all the bandwagoners, but that is a small price to pay for some wins. But on the other hand from my experience The Patriot fans have been pretty cool.

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Except when they lose to us its always their 5 superbowls or some other lame excuse. I am sorry but it is hard to like that team because of their fans. Its either trash talk when they win or excuses when they lose its never just "The better team won, good game."

That is why people either love the Cowboys or hate them, its not that many people that are in between.

There are plenty that are in between. You just don't see them because most are in your face when it comes to being "seen." I hate those fans from any team. It gives real fans a bad name.

htexfan
08-26-2007, 10:06 AM
to say that people in Dallas don't take this game seriously, couldn't be further from the truth. They are brutal. I live in Centex, halfway between Dallas and Houston. I'd say 98% Dallas Fans, 2% Houston. Football fans talk smack...and Dallas Football fans talk a lot of smack. This win is HUGE! It feels great! It will feel great for a long time and nothing against you personally but for you to keep saying excuses and that Dallas didn't care about this game is driving me crazy, that is b.s. It was an upset. Dallas thought they were going to beat us with their eyes closed. and now even with their starters in way longer than ours we kicked tail.

Texans_Chick
08-26-2007, 10:17 AM

I wrote that. I'm glad that you appreciated it.

I couldn't help myself. The picture from the article was just a minor illustration of the back and forth that was happening in the stands. Everywhere. Cowboy fans were talking so much junk pregame. Even as they were losing they were talking crap. Then they got more quiet.

I was just waving my Texans flag at the game, and one of the Cowboy fans was giving me particular grief and talking junk because I was supporting the Texans in THEIR HOME STADIUM. At one point he grabbed my shoulders and I told him that if he touched me again, them yellow shirts were going to kick him out of the game.

I don't wish for those cool Cowboy fans out there to be killed by tridents, but I have to say for the other 99%, it makes for a good visual.

BeerFairy
08-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I have to laugh, reading these posts. I was watching from
BW3 last night. When I got there it was packed with Dallas fans who were talking smack, waving flags, and yelling REALLY LOUDLY about how much Houston sucks and how they were going to stomp us. By Halftime they got REALLY QUIET...by the end of the game they were saying "its only preseason, it doesnt matter"....funny how that happens...
What happened to the fire that they had prior to the game??? LOL
:fans:
I loved it.
We're in Texas....it matters, preseason or not!

TheRealJoker
08-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Agreed. I had a Cowgirl fan talking smack to me all week at work about how the Cowboys were gonna annihilate Schaub...im cookin some crow as we speak :texflag:

Hookem Horns
08-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Guys seriously, you can't call scoreboard of 28-16 because this was preseason. The starters didn't even play most of the 4th QTR. We have to be realistic here and only count the score of when the starters on both sides were in there.

Scoreboard 21-13!

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 10:43 AM
to say that people in Dallas don't take this game seriously, couldn't be further from the truth. They are brutal. I live in Centex, halfway between Dallas and Houston. I'd say 98% Dallas Fans, 2% Houston. Football fans talk smack...and Dallas Football fans talk a lot of smack. This win is HUGE! It feels great! It will feel great for a long time and nothing against you personally but for you to keep saying excuses and that Dallas didn't care about this game is driving me crazy, that is b.s. It was an upset. Dallas thought they were going to beat us with their eyes closed. and now even with their starters in way longer than ours we kicked tail.

Sorry, I'm just going to disagree. Again, I'm not here as a damper. I just refuse to turn into the fan that people complain about. I grew up the Cowboy fan and always kept my mouth shut when I moved here and I love Houston teams and am obviously here on this board and not a Cowboy board...too much. :) The win however isn't HUGE. This will be the last thing I will say...maybe. Its pre-season..for both teams. We can't get too high and they can't get too low. They just destroyed Denver and now look. We had questions and now look. The regular season is hard enough. When 19-10 happened it trumped any preseason win they had..2 of them. They won last season when it counted. This was a huge step for us confidence wise and getting on the right track but as far as games go, it won't count if the season means nothing. I just refuse to be THAT fan.

Texans_Chick
08-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry, I'm just going to disagree. Again, I'm not here as a damper. I just refuse to turn into the fan that people complain about. I grew up the Cowboy fan and always kept my mouth shut when I moved here and I love Houston teams and am obviously here on this board and not a Cowboy board...too much. :) The win however isn't HUGE. This will be the last thing I will say...maybe. Its pre-season..for both teams. We can't get too high and they can't get too low. They just destroyed Denver and now look. We had questions and now look. The regular season is hard enough. When 19-10 happened it trumped any preseason win they had..2 of them. They won last season when it counted. This was a huge step for us confidence wise and getting on the right track but as far as games go, it won't count if the season means nothing. I just refuse to be THAT fan.

This is an interesting link from the math major/sportswriter guy from the Chron:

http://blogs.chron.com/unofficialscorer/2007/08/the_one_big_preseason_week.html

Note this was written before the game.

The game is not the be-all and end all, but there's been enough junk talking prior to the game by Cowboy fans that it is a joke when after the game it's all well it's just the preseason.

One of the reasons I really liked this game, other than beating that particular opponent, is the way they won. It looked like real football. It wasn't a lucky win.

Tedc
08-26-2007, 11:07 AM

But you are THAT fan.

You brought up championships from the 1900's, as if it really matters this century.

The biggest difference between 19-10 and 34-6 is that the Cowboys set an all time first when they lost to a franchise's first game. That was the first time that has ever happened and it can never be reversed. The fact that the Cowboy players of that game bashed the Texans franchise the whole week leading up to that point and stated how they were going to demolish us made it much sweeter to the Texans fan than 34-6 will ever mean to you.

Being the third preseason game, the Cowboys REALLY wanted the win. They especially wanted to continue the solid play they had shown in the first preseason games. With the starters playing 2.5 quarters (Texans) and 3+ quarters (Dallas) it was very important to both sides to show their strength. Dallas is not as good as they had imagined before this game and they ARE worried.

Second Honeymoon
08-26-2007, 11:14 AM

in other words, you can't create your own opinions about guys or deliver any real insight or analysis about a player that wears a Texans uniform. In your eyes they are infallible and anyone who thinks differently are haters.

Well, one day you need to admit that Carr sucked/sucks and that you and the rest of the homers were wrong. Schaub makes Carr look like the piece of garbage that he is. Even McNair now knows how bad of a professional Carr was.

Carr is just a choir boy who a lot of you homers got a love connection with. It made you blind to his litany of flaws and his lack of dedication and intelligence. You were wrong, we were right. Deal with it.

Schaub looks great and the team rallies around him. Carr stunk up the joint for 5 years and the team didn't respect him. Color me happy that we have Schaub and not some pussywhooped Norman Rockwell televangelist facsimile of a NFL QB.

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
This is an interesting link from the math major/sportswriter guy from the Chron:

http://blogs.chron.com/unofficialscorer/2007/08/the_one_big_preseason_week.html

Note this was written before the game.

The game is not the be-all and end all, but there's been enough junk talking prior to the game by Cowboy fans that it is a joke when after the game it's all well it's just the preseason.

One of the reasons I really liked this game, other than beating that particular opponent, is the way they won. It looked like real football. It wasn't a lucky win.

Hey TC, I know there are obnoxious Cowboy fans and people get tired of it and they relish this game. I'm just looking at it from someone who has to ride the fence and who is trying to be a Texans fan and who has been here awhile, compared to a Cowboy fan coming in and saying this. I, myself, liked the game. I was happy to see Schaub succeed. I was happy with Jacoby. I'm excited for the season. I just get frustrated at times because the same arguments being made by others about Cowboy fans are now not applying to them. That is my only point. It definitely wasn't a lucky win. It was a very impressive display. But it was a pre-season win all the same. Honestly, I've avoided this all week because I thought it was TOO big. But I will say I've seen both sides of the smack talk.

My point can be summed up pretty easily. If the Cowboys won the SB would people here still talk noise that we beat the SB champs in a pre-season game?The answer should be NO. So I try to temper my enthusiasm about pre-season and how people treat this game. It is real easy to feel a huge high in the preseason only to be let down..look at the Cowboys today.

But you are THAT fan.

You brought up championships from the 1900's, as if it really matters this century.

I'm not here as a Cowboy fan to start. Secondly, I didn't bring up the championships. The person I replied to did and said the obnoxious Cowboy fans were bringing up championships and that it was ridiculous for them to flaunt those vs a pre-season win. That was my response. I am happy for the Texans. People need to read my other posts. I even wrote 610 this week about how I thought this week was way too hyped up. It is JMO. You are talking to a guy who for 23 years lived and died by the Cowboys but while I was there I NEVER heard Houston hate and most of my friends liked Houston teams. It wasn't until I moved here that I saw people's overwhelming Dallas obsession. Since I've seen both sides of it, I just wanted to comment. But I'm obviously on this board WAY too much and support the home team.

FirstTexansFan
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
I guess my question Second, does your insight to Carr lead you to look at this New Texans team with the same jaundiced eye? As much as I respect guys like you, and Vinny (naming only a few) that were on to Carr's BS long before we rose colored glasses fans, I can't help but look at most of the postings made by this group and see that negativity continuing, by passing it on to players such as Mario Williams. As much as homers were blind about Carr, I believe that same blindness can flow in the other direction. But who am I to say, I'm just a mere lonesome fan stuck in the midst of Cowboy country that looks to this board for a visual of what we are unable to see for ourselves (due to lack of TV coverage). :)

And Frog, come spend some time in San Antonio, I don't believe it's fans like you that TC is referring too, but fans like the ones we have here :)

Silver Oak
08-26-2007, 11:38 AM
in other words, you can't create your own opinions about guys or deliver any real insight or analysis about a player that wears a Texans uniform. In your eyes they are infallible and anyone who thinks differently are haters.

Well, one day you need to admit that Carr sucked/sucks and that you and the rest of the homers were wrong. Schaub makes Carr look like the piece of garbage that he is. Even McNair now knows how bad of a professional Carr was.

Carr is just a choir boy who a lot of you homers got a love connection with. It made you blind to his litany of flaws and his lack of dedication and intelligence. You were wrong, we were right. Deal with it.

Schaub looks great and the team rallies around him. Carr stunk up the joint for 5 years and the team didn't respect him. Color me happy that we have Schaub and not some pussywhooped Norman Rockwell televangelist facsimile of a NFL QB.

I thought we covered this last week? I supported DC as long as he was qb of the Texans. He is gone, and so is my support for him. I love what I see of Schaub as it's night and day between what we had before.

If it takes me saying I was wrong about Carr, then I'll take this time to say it now. "I was wrong to support DC so long". There. Done. :splits:

False Start
08-26-2007, 11:56 AM
I have a cousin thats a HUGE Cowgirls fan . He called me Thursday and was telling me how we better get ready to get whooped , because its gonna get ugly . Well , it did get ugly .......... for them .

So I called him last night and he came back with "its only preseason , it don't count" . Yet , the past two seasons when they beat the Texans in the preseason , he was all about "yeah we kicked your as*es! hahahaha" . This is the same guy that still refuses to admit that the 19-10 game was a regular season game . He still swears on his life that it was a preseason game . Typical Cowgirl fan .

Preseason or not it was a great exciting win , IMO . :texflag:

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 11:57 AM
I guess my question Second, does your insight to Carr lead you to look at this New Texans team with the same jaundiced eye? As much as I respect guys like you, and Vinny (naming only a few) that were on to Carr's BS long before we rose colored glasses fans, I can't help but look at most of the postings made by this group and see that negativity continuing, by passing it on to players such as Mario Williams. As much as homers were blind about Carr, I believe that same blindness can flow in the other direction. But who am I to say, I'm just a mere lonesome fan stuck in the midst of Cowboy country that looks to this board for a visual of what we are unable to see for ourselves (due to lack of TV coverage). :)

And Frog, come spend some time in San Antonio, I don't believe it's fans like you that TC is referring too, but fans like the ones we have here :)

Believe me, I know the people you speak of. They are embarrassing and I don't like relating to them at all. I really didn't mean for this to be something where I was calling anyone out. I'm just trying to temper my enthusiasm between two situations.....

Speaking of, my wife is pretty much going into labor right now..no kidding..so I must run. You guys enjoy.

Vinny
08-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Frog is a converted Cowboy fan....you guys should just appreciate that we are attracting some fans who have been Texans football fans who were once Cowboy fans and are now Texan fans...we got quite a few of these guys around here and I think that is a good sign...and nothing to bash him about if you guys have a sense of his post history here.

I thought it was a great game and my spirits are very high since our starters whipped their starters. Personally...I'm very excited and would rather dwell on where we are headed instead of trying to act like the herd of obnoxious Cowboy fans we don't like ourselves.

htexfan
08-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Believe me, I know the people you speak of. They are embarrassing and I don't like relating to them at all. I really didn't mean for this to be something where I was calling anyone out. I'm just trying to temper my enthusiasm between two situations.....

Speaking of, my wife is pretty much going into labor right now..no kidding..so I must run. You guys enjoy.

Houton Frog...You are right when you have things like a new baby about to happen, things like this game do not seem as huge. you should have said you were about to become a daddy. Congratulations! I like the name Jacoby :)

DBCooper
08-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Just preseason.

I'll feel alot better after we do this to KC!

Kaiser Toro
08-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I wrote that. I'm glad that you appreciated it.

I couldn't help myself. The picture from the article was just a minor illustration of the back and forth that was happening in the stands. Everywhere. Cowboy fans were talking so much junk pregame. Even as they were losing they were talking crap. Then they got more quiet.

I was just waving my Texans flag at the game, and one of the Cowboy fans was giving me particular grief and talking junk because I was supporting the Texans in THEIR HOME STADIUM. At one point he grabbed my shoulders and I told him that if he touched me again, them yellow shirts were going to kick him out of the game.

I don't wish for those cool Cowboy fans out there to be killed by tridents, but I have to say for the other 99%, it makes for a good visual.

A number of people in my area sold their tickets to Cowboys fans. They were talking smack before the game and I had to many jello shots, to go with six beers at the tailgate (not a liquor person as I like to stay in control), to allow that to happen. I had a case of the wobbles, a mouth so dirty Jack Brown couldn't clean it and a stink eye that put their disposition in a state of cattywumpus

It is amazing what a crowd can do for a team and equally amazing, and weird, is being a fan of the Texans and having your team back you up when the smack starts flying. Thank you Mr. Jones.

Watching those Cowboy fans having their natural love for the game destroyed by us was as joyful as David Carr being cut. :texflag:

Texans_Chick
08-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I thought it was a great game and my spirits are very high since our starters whipped their starters. Personally...I'm very excited and would rather dwell on where we are headed instead of trying to act like the herd of obnoxious Cowboy fans we don't like ourselves.

True that.

Though I have to say given the behavior of the Cowboy fans around my seats, it does make me yearn for smote with trident smilie.

Vinny
08-26-2007, 03:02 PM
True that.

Though I have to say given the behavior of the Cowboy fans around my seats, it does make me yearn for smote with trident smilie.we may need another anti-Cowboy smiley around here.... I hate to generalize any fan base but the Cowboy fans seem to be a bit more obnoxious than most...I think the Jag fans may be kissing cousins to the cowpoke fans though. :specnatz:

Wolf
08-26-2007, 03:07 PM
we may need another anti-Cowboy smiley around here.... I hate to generalize any fan base but the Cowboy fans seem to be a bit more obnoxious than most...I think the Jag fans may be kissing cousins to the cowpoke fans though. :specnatz:

maybe bring in Carl Mauk and Elvin Elvin Bethea to the next game against the cowboys :heh:

Tedc
08-26-2007, 03:10 PM
we may need another anti-Cowboy smiley around here.... . :specnatz:

What about this one?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/Tedc/COWBOYSSUCK3.jpg

SheTexan
08-26-2007, 03:32 PM
The rivalry between Houston and Dallas has been going on for decades. BOTH have obnoxious, insensitive fans, and it will only get worst. Dallas has had ligitimate bragging rights from the 80s, the Oilers never quiet got there. This is a new day and age, new Houston team, etc, etc, etc, and I look forward to converting more of those Dallas fans simply because we will turn out a winning team and establish our own bragging rights. If I can convert my diehard son-in-law, we can convert anyone!! lol

I totally respect fans like HoustonFrog, and several other fans I know who love their Cowboys, but also pull for the Texans. There is a guy who has sat behind me since the very beginning who loves both teams. He is a diehard TEXAN fan except when we play Dallas. You can't expect someone who has supported a team for decades to change in 5 years. The TEXANS have to EARN that right, and they have not done that yet. Winning this preseason game was fun, for us TEXANS, and gave us a taste of what is hopefully good things to come. We are headed in the right direction, and I bet we take a few Dallas fans with us on our journey.

nfl-brit
08-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Oh, and Dallas suck!! :fans: :doot: :texflag: