PDA

View Full Version : I'm not gonna lie, I think im getting my hopes up!!!

TheRealJoker
08-26-2007, 02:20 AM
The Texans looked great tonight in every facet of the game. I'm not gonna lie, they just raised my expectations!!! :fans:

JACOBY!!!

thunderkyss
08-26-2007, 06:55 AM
The Texans looked pretty darn good in '06 preseason games, with the exception of the Denver game.... & it didn't translate.

Let's hope they don't get big-headed about all this, and continue to prepare for KC. KC seems to be ducking & diving, just trying to stay in the fight, they look like a wounded duck. It shouldn't be enough for us to just be competitive.

I'd like for us to dominate that game. I know LJ is supposed to be in their lineup and everything, but everything else is just blah.... I don't think there should be any question about who the better team is.

If it's a close game, we'll be in for a long, long season.

Busa_Bill
08-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Just realized we are #1 in NFL for points scored at 80.

:woot2:

ObsiWan
08-26-2007, 07:46 AM
The Texans looked pretty darn good in '06 preseason games, with the exception of the Denver game.... & it didn't translate.

Let's hope they don't get big-headed about all this, and continue to prepare for KC. KC seems to be ducking & diving, just trying to stay in the fight, they look like a wounded duck. It shouldn't be enough for us to just be competitive.

I'd like for us to dominate that game. I know LJ is supposed to be in their lineup and everything, but everything else is just blah.... I don't think there should be any question about who the better team is.

The QB that "looked good" in those games rarely got to play; Sage Rosenfels.

Sideline
08-26-2007, 08:32 AM
The Texans looked great tonight in every facet of the game. I'm not gonna lie, they just raised my expectations!!! :fans:

JACOBY!!!

Agreed!

HoustonFrog
08-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I will admit that there is a different feel to this season and I've been impressed with Kubiak year #2. I think the talent level and consistency have been the difference. It is exciting.

Twitch-Houston
08-26-2007, 09:17 AM
I'll tell you what helps get your hopes up even more is that we have great depth.

"Late in the third quarter against Houston's backups, Romo badly underthrew Owens and was picked off by rookie Fred Bennett . It was Romo's last play of the night and he finished 14-of-22 for 197 yards."

They couldn't even get it done against our second team. :specnatz:

TigerV1
08-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Well, what got my hopes up was that our first stringers stuck it to Dallas's first stringers for three quarters. I don't think anyone can deny that their defense will be one of the best in the league and their offense should be pretty good as well.

I have been one of those people who write things off as "its only preseason, let's see what happens during the regular season," but this game may have changed the way I see it.

:texflag:

dskillz
08-26-2007, 09:48 AM
I got all giddy after that Rosenfels/Anderson connection for a TD and with the play of JJ.

I had to temper it though. While everyone around me, walking down the ramp was going crazy like we won the Super Bowl, I had to get back grounded and realize that it doesn't count until the KC game. They have looked like a much improved team in all facets this preseason, but it has to transfer to the regular season. When/if it does, then this city will experience a bandwagon jump like we have never seen. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but just saying, for as excited as I am for the season, just to keep my sanity incase things don't work out, I have to tone down that excitement.

I know I need a Jones jersey though!

Leahmic223
08-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I got all giddy after that Rosenfels/Anderson connection for a TD and with the play of JJ.

I had to temper it though. While everyone around me, walking down the ramp was going crazy like we won the Super Bowl, I had to get back grounded and realize that it doesn't count until the KC game. They have looked like a much improved team in all facets this preseason, but it has to transfer to the regular season. When/if it does, then this city will experience a bandwagon jump like we have never seen. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but just saying, for as excited as I am for the season, just to keep my sanity incase things don't work out, I have to tone down that excitement.

I know I need a Jones jersey though!

Actually I think this win helps the fans so much and the atmosphere.

Reliant sells well, so just picture the Home-Field Advantage we should have if the Fans treated every game like that one. I think we/they will if we start off well, I think we can really cause some hell for the road teams.

thunderkyss
08-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I'll tell you what helps get your hopes up even more is that we have great depth.

"Late in the third quarter against Houston's backups, Romo badly underthrew Owens and was picked off by rookie Fred Bennett . It was Romo's last play of the night and he finished 14-of-22 for 197 yards."

They couldn't even get it done against our second team. :specnatz:

Didn't our second string offense get into field goal position against their 1st team defense as well??

I really think this game says more about Dallas, than it does about us.

We'll see who the Texans are, come September 9th..... can we continue our regular season win streak??

YoungTexanFan
08-26-2007, 10:14 AM
If I am the Texans FO, I am making holding a press conference this afternoon encouraging fans to be the difference. I am challenging the fans to come with that intensity every Sunday. I am challenging the fans to be known to other teams BEFORE they enter the building.

TheRealJoker
08-26-2007, 10:17 AM
The difference between last season and this preseason is last preseason to me it looked like we came back to win games after our starters fell behind.

That's not as encouraging as putting the boots to a top NFC team for the entire game.:whip:

dskillz
08-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Actually I think this win helps the fans so much and the atmosphere.

Reliant sells well, so just picture the Home-Field Advantage we should have if the Fans treated every game like that one. I think we/they will if we start off well, I think we can really cause some hell for the road teams.

Let's not forget just a couple of years ago Reliant was a hell of a Home-Field Advantage for the Texans. As much grief as posters here give the fans for being quiet, the product on the field didn't exactly inspire excitement. This preseason, we have been going downfield, an actual aerial attack, aggressive defense, phenomenal special teams, etc. all have made it fun to watch the Texans. As long as it continues into the regualr season, the loud Reliant should be back.

TEXANRED
08-26-2007, 10:57 AM
My hopes are up.

I am even saying we have a winning record this year.

Soft schedule, a couple of tough games but we got them at home.........

Go Texans!!!!!!!!

Texans_Chick
08-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Let's not forget just a couple of years ago Reliant was a hell of a Home-Field Advantage for the Texans. As much grief as posters here give the fans for being quiet, the product on the field didn't exactly inspire excitement. This preseason, we have been going downfield, an actual aerial attack, aggressive defense, phenomenal special teams, etc. all have made it fun to watch the Texans. As long as it continues into the regualr season, the loud Reliant should be back.

The fans were really good last night. Loud when they needed to be and actually quiet on offense.

Tons of the Cowboy postgame quotes talk about how the crowd noise gave them problems.

BattleRedToro
08-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Texans_Chick, I think I saw you in the crowd on TV.

V3rm0nt3r
08-26-2007, 11:26 AM

If you remember when the Bronco game was last year it seems to point to why the Texans lost.

It was week 3 in the preseason when starters own the night and Plummer and co. made the offence look just as dreadful as they had been under Capers.

Pantherstang84
08-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Texans_Chick, I think I saw you in the crowd on TV.

Me too. I'm almost positive it was her.

rollinstone18
08-26-2007, 01:29 PM
This is easily the most excited I've been before a season. I think we're going to make some noise across the league.

:texflag:

Runner
08-26-2007, 05:49 PM
The team looked very good against Dallas. I am trying not to have the Panglossian outlook that I did after the 2004 season though.

GuerillaBlack
08-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Oh yeah, I have my hopes up!

real
08-26-2007, 05:58 PM
We are going to sneak up on a lot of teams this season....

This was the most tenacity that I saw out of our defense, but I alrady knew what the offense was capable of....