PDA

View Full Version : What's not to like about the Cowboys or their fans?

Wolf
08-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Now, this seems like the ideal time to ask this next question: Do you hate the Cowboys, or do you hate all those obnoxious, arrogant Cowboys fans in Houston? Or both. And if so, why?

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2007/08/whats_not_to_like_about_the_co.html

and so it began

Then I came to Houston and started covering the Oilers. In a 1977 preseason game, the Oilers defeated the Cowboys. I wrote a story in which center Carl Mauck blasted Cowboys fans in Houston, telling them to get the hell out of Houston and move to Dallas. And he'd help them pack. Defensive end Elvin Bethea echoed Mauck. We ran that story in the Chronicle on Sunday, and it created a firestorm that rages today.

nfl-brit
08-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Dallas suck.

mancunian
08-25-2007, 05:34 PM
always dislike Dallas, America's Team my arse.

Wolf
08-25-2007, 05:40 PM
always dislike Dallas, America's Team my arse.

that is why ...love them or hate them... Pat summeral said it two years ago when he moved to fox from CBS...said CBS showed the Cryboys no matter what.always good ratings.. people watch them to see them win and people watch them to see them lose.. even in the down years for the Cowboys.. people love to see them get beat up

gary
08-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm ok with the Cowboys really because it was the only team that I had to route for before the Texans came along but when it comes down to the Texans and the Cowboys I'm for the Texans all the way baby:fans: :fans: :fans:

nfl-brit
08-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Cowboys blow, munch and suck! :doot:

HoustonFrog
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I hope this doesn't offend and I've said it on here many, many times. I grew up in Ft. Worth. Was there my first 23 years of life before moving here in 1993. I was and am a huge Cowboy fan. However when growing up there my oldest brother went to UT..late 70s so I was introduced to Earl, etc. I always rooted for the Oilers because I hate the Steelers and I liked the Astros and Rockets. When I moved here it was the same and I support the local teams. I have never been to a Cowboy message board but love being here. I just find it funny because living in the DFW area all that time I never heard people really diss Houston. Yet here it is like sport. I just don't think people there really care about Houston yet people here seem obsessed with it. I mean this preseason game is massive for people here yet my family up there will watch but treat it like preseason. Oh well, just the sense I get. Not all Cowboy fans are a-holes. Every fan base has their group. I think it is just fun to mention being in 8 SBs and winning 5. I wish championships on the Texans one day. Oh yeah...the whole "Cowgirl" think is weak. So I hope both teams play well and it ends up being fun to watch.

PapaL
08-25-2007, 08:05 PM
My older brother. Thats why I truly despise the Cowboys. All that yapping and jaw jacking about them winning SB's still echoes in my ears. Same reason why I despise the Yankees and Lakers. Yeah, sibling rivalry.

Plus Dallas sucks. Bunch of up'ity snooty silicon people. (Personal Opinon of course - I'm sure there are a handful of quality folks there, hahaha)

gary
08-25-2007, 08:13 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2007/08/whats_not_to_like_about_the_co.html

and so it began The Cowboy fans aren't any better

Red_Zone
08-25-2007, 09:06 PM
I was a huge Cowboys fan back in the Tom Landry days, especially with Roger Staubach at QB. I don't recall all the details now but I thought after all those years of faithful service landry got a raw deal when he left and that put a bad taste in my mouth ever since with the only exception being the Jimmy Johnson era. I'm a JJ fan and pullled for his team, not because they were the Cowboys but because of him. After he left I don't care about the Cowboys one way or the other but I really dislike the owner whassis name? Jerry Jones I think, I've tried to wipe him from my mind.

But in the old days, with Staubach, Too Tall Jones and Tony Dorsett and that whole gang under Landry they were probably the best team in football at the time which got them the name "america's team", a moniker they no longer deserve for sure.

Koolaid Time
08-25-2007, 10:13 PM
I think Bum Phillips said it in 78-79. To paraphrase:

"The Cowboys may be "America's Team" but the Oilers are "Texas' Team"....

Also, "Cowbiys" Fans like the arrogant Bill Lamza make me sick..

Mr. White
08-25-2007, 10:23 PM
That Papa John's commercial that has Jerry Jones dancing. They seem to show it every commercial break.

gary
08-25-2007, 10:25 PM
I agree on that.

Hookem Horns
08-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I hope this doesn't offend and I've said it on here many, many times. I grew up in Ft. Worth. Was there my first 23 years of life before moving here in 1993. I was and am a huge Cowboy fan. However when growing up there my oldest brother went to UT..late 70s so I was introduced to Earl, etc. I always rooted for the Oilers because I hate the Steelers and I liked the Astros and Rockets. When I moved here it was the same and I support the local teams. I have never been to a Cowboy message board but love being here. I just find it funny because living in the DFW area all that time I never heard people really diss Houston. Yet here it is like sport. I just don't think people there really care about Houston yet people here seem obsessed with it. I mean this preseason game is massive for people here yet my family up there will watch but treat it like preseason. Oh well, just the sense I get. Not all Cowboy fans are a-holes. Every fan base has their group. I think it is just fun to mention being in 8 SBs and winning 5. I wish championships on the Texans one day. Oh yeah...the whole "Cowgirl" think is weak. So I hope both teams play well and it ends up being fun to watch.

I hear you and agree. I lived in Dallas for a few years and found that the local Cowboys fans there are not as obnoxious as the ones that don't or never lived in Dallas. They were more realistic up there. The ones in Austin aren't that bad either. For some reason the ones in Houston are the worst. I lived in the northeast also (New York and Philly) and they are bad up there too. I became a Giants fan because of them when I lived up there.

mike moffat
08-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Bum did say it best.
There has only been two Cowboys that I respect. Aikman and Emmit.

Hookem Horns
08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Again with the " whoa, the poor Dallas thread " Like I said before about this. The only good thing about Dallas is, I-45 South.

Two things, I-35 South also.

Texan_Bill
08-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Bum did say it best.
There has only been two Cowboys that I respect. Aikman and Emmit.

Hopefully for the sake of his son he added a third... :hmmm:

But then again, maybe not. Maybe Bum dis-owned Wade for taking the job..