PDA

View Full Version : by week- help or hindrance?

badboy
08-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Will the timing of the bye week be of significance coming late in season and be a good thing? If we have the injuries as last season, it should prove helpful. I am concerned that the greatest opponent we will face is the injury bug.

LORK 88
08-24-2007, 03:42 PM
By the time week 10 rolls around, having a bye week late will help alot, and I'm sure the players don't mind the rest near the middle of the season rather than in the beginning.

powerfuldragon
08-24-2007, 03:48 PM
By the time week 10 rolls around, having a bye week late will help alot, and I'm sure the players don't mind the rest near the middle of the season rather than in the beginning.
you said it best.

HotRodsHair
08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
The bye week comes at a very good time. In fact, it breaks a period in which the Texans will play four of five on the road, and immediately follows their first back to back weeks away from home. It's late enough in the season to really help with nagging injuries and help incorporate guys lost to the PUP list. (I believe)

One other thing, it happens to fall immediately prior to Bush Bowl and just three weeks before @ the Vince Bowl.

In addition we will be at the halfway point of our conference schedule, and it might be a time to assess how the team has done against those three foes and what changes can be made.

Since the first 9 weeks include four home games and five away games, should the Texans have a winning record at the time of the bye this week would be a good stage from which to plan the run at the playoffs. :fans:

eriadoc
08-25-2007, 10:47 AM
It follows back-to-back West Coast (SD and Oakland) road trips. The break is very well positioned this year.

threetoedpete
08-25-2007, 12:10 PM
The bye week comes at a very good time. In fact, it breaks a period in which the Texans will play four of five on the road, and immediately follows their first back to back weeks away from home. It's late enough in the season to really help with nagging injuries and help incorporate guys lost to the PUP list. (I believe)

One other thing, it happens to fall immediately prior to Bush Bowl and just three weeks before @ the Vince Bowl.

In addition we will be at the halfway point of our conference schedule, and it might be a time to assess how the team has done against those three foes and what changes can be made.

Since the first 9 weeks include four home games and five away games, should the Texans have a winning record at the time of the bye this week would be a good stage from which to plan the run at the playoffs. :fans:

Nice well thought out post. Here ya go.