PDA

View Full Version : Focus on?

badboy
08-24-2007, 03:56 PM
What position are you going to focus on? I am now ok with # 2 WR. Jones gets the start from me and Walter gets it from Coach. I'll be looking at free safety, CB opposite DR and the LT. The O line should be strengthen by return of Pitts & McKinney/Flannagan at center. I am also watching RB because last game was better but against who? If we can run on Dallas successfully, I'll feel a whole lot better. And then MARIO. No comment but I will be watching...

Allstar
08-24-2007, 03:59 PM
All eyes will be on the D-Line.

mexican_texan
08-24-2007, 04:00 PM
All eyes will be on the trenches.

Errant Hothy
08-24-2007, 04:00 PM
All eyes will be on the trenches.

There and Schaub, and maybe the safeties.

Second Honeymoon
08-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Mario and the rest of the DL as well as the battle for the starting Center position...oh and of course Schaub.

powerfuldragon
08-24-2007, 04:01 PM
There and Schaub, and maybe the safeties.
agreed.

badboy
08-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Wow, so there is still some concern out there for Schaub?

Errant Hothy
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Wow, so there is still some concern out there for Schaub?

Some? Yes. A lot? No. If he plays well again this week, that "some" amount will decrease even more. Once he goes 300 yards or more, with 2 TDs or more that "some" will become "none".

swtbound07
08-24-2007, 04:33 PM
our safeties. We are woefully inadequate in coverage, and any qb can hit a wide open receiver....think about how godawful rex grossman is, and look at his completion percentage against us. It doesn't matter how good our front 7 is when we start CC Brown

YoungTexanFan
08-24-2007, 04:40 PM
I'll be watching Robinson. He makes some good, solid tackles...but only after the catch has been made. He has yet to show in the past 2 seasons that he is an effective cover CB. He is more like a very undersized SS or extremely undersized OLB. He is not an NFL CB in my eyes anymore. That is who I will be watching. I'm tired of him falling and getting beat on underneath routes and then tourched over top as well.

HotRodsHair
08-24-2007, 05:04 PM
For me it's the defensive backfield against the pass, and the pressure applied by the DL. I have faith in almost all aspects of this team now, with the exception of that D backfield, and the frustration of little pressure applied by the DL to help the D backfield out.

Robinson is a very good corner, but the pass coverage elsewhere is troubling. Another performance like Buffalo last year and we should all be screaming for some good safety and CB options during the next offseason.

Man, I hope to the lord above to see some DL pressure.

Double Barrel
08-24-2007, 05:40 PM
D-line, Mario in particular

axman40
08-24-2007, 06:18 PM
D- line I need to see someone get after the QB.
:texflag:

kiwitexansfan
08-24-2007, 09:32 PM
I'll be watching Robinson. He makes some good, solid tackles...but only after the catch has been made. He has yet to show in the past 2 seasons that he is an effective cover CB. He is more like a very undersized SS or extremely undersized OLB. He is not an NFL CB in my eyes anymore. That is who I will be watching. I'm tired of him falling and getting beat on underneath routes and then tourched over top as well.

I think there is truth in this.

He is a great run support CB. A leader, real passionate, but alas not a ball hawk.

dickieb
08-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I think there will be a lot of focus on our running game. It's very important for us to establish a good running game to be effective with the rest of our offensive game. I think that along with the d-line will be major focal areas.

Malloy
08-25-2007, 05:27 AM
The Cheerleaders

ObsiWan
08-25-2007, 06:28 AM
this is the most extensive test the o-line has been up against. I want to see how they do. If they hold their own, we can win. They give Schaub 3 seconds, with our speed WRs on the field, the Cowboys may be in trouble. They have very little speed at DB.

Grams
08-25-2007, 08:49 AM
The team as a whole.

I have never played football, so I don't know all the ins and outs of each position. But even great players have bad games occassionally. This is still just a preseason game, and while I do hope we beat up on the cowgirls, I just want the first team as a whole to "look" good. Play well, few penalties, everyone is on the same page, timing on passes, defence not on the field too long or too often. Stuff like that works for me.

Now they could throw in a few sacks of Romo, an interception or two, a couple of "jacked up" tackles, a couple of TD's by our starters, a win and you might jest be albe to hear me yelling and screaming from Humble.

whiskeyrbl
08-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Definetly the lines. Also our DB's, Schaub and the backs and TE's helping in blocking schemes.:texflag:

BattleRedToro
08-25-2007, 11:23 AM
While the first team units are in, this game should be a good test for the Texans. The Cowboys have good lines.

threetoedpete
08-25-2007, 01:08 PM
While the first team units are in, this game should be a good test for the Texans. The Cowboys have good lines.

I'm keeping an eye on the bathroom fixtures. To quote the late great Rodger Beck," Dig in boys ! Save the equipment. "

Specnatz
08-25-2007, 01:33 PM
I will keep an eye on my :drunk: and food and enjoy the game watch but not analyzing the game. The sunday I will rewatch the game before sunday nights game and analyze it more.

:specnatz:

Ryan
08-25-2007, 01:51 PM
i'm gonna pay attention to the d-line for sure, and the secondary...i want to see something positive out of the d-line maybe a couple of sacks wouldn't hurt.