PDA

View Full Version : TENNheads say Super Bowl for Titans

Overalls
08-23-2007, 07:32 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28419

I sure do wish that the TENNhead super mod had more of a sense of humor. I would love to get in on this thread.

:fans:

Double Barrel
08-23-2007, 07:41 PM
mmmmmm, you can just smell the koolaide from here! http://forums.therandirhodesshow.com/style_emoticons/default/koolaid.gif

TEXANRED
08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
We Texan fans don't sound that ignorant do we?

Blazing Arrow
08-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Young looked pretty good ....

You are all aware that LT actually has the Madden curse right? He was offered the cover and declined it.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/04/18/ladainian-tomlinson-walked-away-from-madden-cover/

:pirate:

Yee can deny the cover but yee can never escape the curse ....

How's his preseason been so far this year? :hmmm:

Vinny
08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
lol at the homers

TexanSam
08-25-2007, 12:16 AM
They're making Vince Young sound like messiah. Now I know he's supremely talented, but there's no way he can single-handedly lead the Titans to the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. They're inhaling the same stuff Pacman is.

Specnatz
08-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Young looked pretty good ....

You are all aware that LT actually has the Madden curse right? He was offered the cover and declined it.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/04/18/ladainian-tomlinson-walked-away-from-madden-cover/

:pirate:

Yee can deny the cover but yee can never escape the curse ....

How's his preseason been so far this year? :hmmm:

He has done better than vy, and yet he has not even played in a single game.

Vinny
08-25-2007, 01:10 AM
He has done better than vy, and yet he has not even played in a single game.

I think the homers are funny too but I'm watching VY play vs the Bills right now on the NFL network and it's making my stomach turn....he's just ridiculously impressive so far.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2007, 01:16 AM
I think the homers are funny too but I'm watching VY play vs the Bills right now on the NFL network and it's making my stomach turn....he's just ridiculously impressive so far.

Bo learned a leason on that 3rd an goal ... I hope he does not forget it. Young should have had another passing TD.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2007, 01:17 AM

Oh I would also like to add that this game must be extra salt in the wound seeing Bush and Manning in that commercial and Young doing so well ... :shades:

Vinny
08-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Bo learned a leason on that 3rd an goal ... I hope he does not forget it. Young should have had another passing TD.
That drive was amazing....Young had showed why he was the player of the year last year standing tall in the pocket on those tough throws....and he almost scored on that broken play too...he has an insane skill set.

Silver Oak
08-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Kerry Collins had a better night passsing the ball and scoring than their "HOF" qb did.

Looking at the stats, I don't see one sack by the hapless Bills, so I can only deduce the tinnhead o-line is a wall (doubtful), or the Bills played a vanilla defense without much pressure (more likely).

Good thing vince didn't have to play in some icky pooey rain this week huh BA? :)

whiskeyrbl
08-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh I would also like to add that this game must be extra salt in the wound seeing Bush and Manning in that commercial and Young doing so well ... :shades:

Actually I think the 2006 draft only matters to people who are Saint and Titans fans. If you have'nt noticed it is only the trolls that bring it up.:fans:

Vinny
08-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Kerry Collins had a better night passsing the ball and scoring than their "HOF" qb did.

Looking at the stats, I don't see one sack by the hapless Bills, so I can only deduce the tinnhead o-line is a wall (doubtful), or the Bills played a vanilla defense without much pressure (more likely).

Good thing vince didn't have to play in some icky pooey rain this week huh BA? :)
Young was very impressive with guys draped all over him...and making very impressive throws...but don't let me ruin your stat line with reality.

BattleRedToro
08-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Let's see how Vince Young performs against Jacksonville on September 9, when the game matters. Then, you come back and tell me that he is taking the Titans to the SuperBowl.

Vinny
08-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm just typing what I see...he looked awesome. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. I hope the Titans roll over and lose all their games if it makes you feel any better.

BattleRedToro
08-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Your typing can't hurt my feelings, unless of course I were somehow trapped inside your typewriter.

BattleRedToro
08-25-2007, 11:11 AM
If the Titans when more than 7 games this year I will take my hat off to them for a job well done. I seriously doubt that I have anything to worry about, though.

Brando
08-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm just typing what I see...he looked awesome. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. I hope the Titans roll over and lose all their games if it makes you feel any better.

I have to say VY played a good game last night. Still hope they go 5-11.:cool:

Vinny
08-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Your typing can't hurt my feelings, unless of course I were somehow trapped inside your typewriter.I've already had too much coffee this morning...and it's raining so I can't go out and mow the yard. :)

A good day to beat the Cowboys...I think we can agree on that. :wild:

BattleRedToro
08-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I've already had too much coffee this morning...and it's raining so I can't go out and mow the yard. :)

A good day to beat the Cowboys...I think we can agree on that. :wild:

Yes, but I hate having to wait until 7 PM for the game to start. I'm ready for it to start now. In all honesty, I'm ready for the Regular Season to start now.:fans:

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Young was very impressive with guys draped all over him...and making very impressive throws...but don't let me ruin your stat line with reality.

I think Silver is so lost in trying to grasp at anything negative and the obvious fact he did not watch the game that he will pretty much say anything.

His current argument is that Young who went 13/16 169 1 TD 0 INT and ran another one in some how had a worst day then Collins playing the Bills second team D and went 5/6 72 2 TDs 0 INTs. I assume his only real argument is based on QB Rating because 169 is more then 72 last I checked. Someone who knew anything about football would realize that it might be good to have a backup that can play this well when needed. Just in case something where to happen to your starter.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Actually I think the 2006 draft only matters to people who are Saint and Titans fans. If you have'nt noticed it is only the trolls that bring it up.:fans:

When Mario eventually has to trade in for a peg leg you will hear about the 2006 draft again. Trust me. :texflag:

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2007, 11:47 AM

Try watching the game. You would realize how far up your mouth your hoof is right now.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/cow.jpg

HoustonFrog
08-25-2007, 11:51 AM

I may have to take back what I said to SWT last week and make this the dumbest post I've ever seen. I mean last week you were calling for a long season. This week he has really good stats and makes plays and there is some childish taunts and some b.s. about Kerry Collins outplaying him. Good luck with that.:specnatz: I mean my goal is for the Texans to win but there is alot of sad stuff being thrown around because of some freaky obsession with one guy. At least sound realistic.

Vinny
08-25-2007, 12:02 PM
I may have to take back what I said to SWT last week and make this the dumbest post I've ever seen. I mean last week you were calling for a long season. This week he has really good stats and makes plays and there is some childish taunts and some b.s. about Kerry Collins outplaying him. Good luck with that.:specnatz: I mean my goal is for the Texans to win but there is alot of sad stuff being thrown around because of some freaky obsession with one guy. At least sound realistic.
homers don't care about credibility...they are the sports fans version of ditto heads

Vinny
08-25-2007, 12:16 PM
One last comment here before I extract myself from the fun of rival smack, 'cause frankly I'm the mb version of Debby Downer this morning...it just hurts my soul to think that other NFL fans lurk here and think that Texans NFL fans really think like Casserly does (no eye at all for talent). I look at the Titan board and think that I've never seen as big a bunch of delusional pollyanna fans in my life...'cause they are all blind homers. I hate to think others see us like that as well.
...obviously, this is an ongoing issue with me. :gun:

Bipolar The Titan
08-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Vinny, you know better than to speak in absolutes.

Vinny
08-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Vinny, you know better than to speak in absolutes.ok you are right, only 99% of the fans that post on the official site mb are pollyanna homer fans!

Bipolar The Titan
08-25-2007, 12:36 PM
ok you are right, only 99% of the fans that post on the official site mb are pollyanna homer fans!

oh... that site! my bad... I won't even use my true name on that site. Too many women and children who really don't know anything more than score keeping... I really do agree then... maybe I'm that one percent...

you might as well refer to me as MuddMonsterTT. :devilpig:

Vinny
08-25-2007, 12:38 PM
oh... that site! my bad... I won't even use my true name on that site. Too many women and children who really don't know anything more than score keeping... I really do agree then... maybe I'm that one percent...

I think we are on the same page....gotitans is a much superior site if you want to find a few reasonably unbiased takes. I probably go overboard on my anti-homer stuff sometimes....I need a 12-step program methinks.

The Dream
08-25-2007, 12:50 PM
They're making Vince Young sound like messiah. Now I know he's supremely talented, but there's no way he can single-handedly lead the Titans to the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. They're inhaling the same stuff Pacman is.

I think he can lead them to the playoffs (he almost did last year), but yeah I agree on the superbowl thing.................

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2007, 12:52 PM
One last comment here before I extract myself from the fun of rival smack, 'cause frankly I'm the mb version of Debby Downer this morning...it just hurts my soul to think that other NFL fans lurk here and think that Texans NFL fans really think like Casserly does (no eye at all for talent). I look at the Titan board and think that I've never seen as big a bunch of delusional pollyanna fans in my life...'cause they are all blind homers. I hate to think others see us like that as well.
...obviously, this is an ongoing issue with me. :gun:

It is better to believe in ones team then constantly settle for mediocrity. It got the Titans to 8-8 in a season we were supposedly out to pasture if you don't mind the pun.

This season we have guys back from injury, we are more balanced on the D side of the ball and our QB is looking good and moving the ball. Allot of those "homers" as you call them just understand the team better then a Texans fan believing media hype.

My Fantasy draft is in 10 minutes have to warm up :bat:

BattleRedToro
08-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Please be sure to come back here and post when your team is going into their Bye Week at 0-3 for the Season, Blazing Arrow.

Vinny
08-25-2007, 12:57 PM
It is better to believe in ones team then constantly settle for mediocrity. It got the Titans to 8-8 in a season we were supposedly out to pasture if you don't mind the pun.

This season we have guys back from injury, we are more balanced on the D side of the ball and our QB is looking good and moving the ball. Allot of those "homers" as you call them just understand the team better then a Texans fan believing media hype.

My Fantasy draft is in 10 minutes have to warm up :bat:
I believe in my team...I'm just not delusional.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2007, 12:58 PM
I was here last year. I just lost my stats.

Where is HarryJ? I feel like I know nothing about the Eagles this season.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2007, 12:59 PM
I believe in my team...I'm just not delusional.

So I'll mark you down for a 3-13 finish for the Texans? Sweeping the Jags again of course.

Silver Oak
08-25-2007, 01:30 PM

Forum name:

Rivalry Talk Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Read and study the underlined part Frog.

Who are you to judge the merit or value of anyones post? I find 1/2 of your posts to be arrogant and full of intolerant opionions, but the differnce is difference I don't post replies as to how silly I find them, I just ignore them. Perhaps you should do the same to those that offend your sense.

Mr. White
08-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Fantasy question for people who saw that game last night. I don't have NFLN.

How did Marshawn Lynch and Chris Brown look last night?

HoustonFrog
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Forum name:

Rivalry Talk Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Read and study the underlined part Frog.

Who are you to judge the merit or value of anyones post? I find 1/2 of your posts to be arrogant and full of intolerant opionions, but the differnce is difference I don't post replies as to how silly I find them, I just ignore them. Perhaps you should do the same to those that offend your sense.

That was lighthearted, thus the reference to SWT. If this was the first time I've seen you overkill a VY thread it would be different. You pretty much did the same about Carr. Sorry you find my opinions so intollerant and arrogant. I've never told people how to think and have pretty much kept a profile around here that isn't homerish and really just express pure football opinions. I tend to think 90% on here appreciate it. I have a feeling this goes back to the Carr times but call me crazy. :gun: I find your sentiment funny though since you say how dare I judge your opinion when you just did the same about mine. I just try and blend a posters rep with their current take and yours seemed to be a random shot at VY that really made no sense. Last weeks did. This weeks didn't. I will take a shot at the Titans when warranted. Have a good one and I won't take the personal attack personal since most people in the thread responded the same way did. :cool:

Lucky
08-25-2007, 02:06 PM

Lynch didn't have much running room. It looked like the Titans wanted to play 8 in the box and force Losman to beat them. Eventually, he did. I'm not sold on the Bills line, and I'm afraid of Anthony Thomas getting the bulk of the goal line carries. I have Lynch as about the 20th rated RB, now.

Chris Brown looked good, and worked some with the 1st team. It seems like he'll get some touches and will be a solid #2 back behind White. If you're thinking about taking White, Brown is worth a handcuff.

Silver Oak
08-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Have a good one and I won't take the personal attack personal since most people in the thread responded the same way did. :cool:

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that. :ok:

Mr. White
08-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Lynch didn't have much running room. It looked like the Titans wanted to play 8 in the box and force Losman to beat them. Eventually, he did. I'm not sold on the Bills line, and I'm afraid of Anthony Thomas getting the bulk of the goal line carries. I have Lynch as about the 20th rated RB, now.

Chris Brown looked good, and worked some with the 1st team. It seems like he'll get some touches and will be a solid #2 back behind White. If you're thinking about taking White, Brown is worth a handcuff.

Thanks, Lucky. I tried to rep you, but have to spread it around. Lynch was the best RB available when I had my pick. I picked up Chris Brown off waivers because I think it's a matter of time before LenDale tanks.

Just an idea here....would anyone else be interested in a fantasy subforum so we don't have to derail smack threads?

Lucky
08-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Just an idea here....would anyone else be interested in a fantasy subforum so we don't have to derail smack threads?
We had one last year, right? I'll forward this to the powers that be.

Blazing Arrow
08-25-2007, 02:35 PM

Brown looked decent but White probably has the job.

Vinny
08-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Mr Glass looked decent and White runs a bit too high too...he needs to watch game tape of Stephen Davis....Davis does a great job of keeping a low pad level for a big back.

I'm kinda eh on Lynch...he has good hands and will catch a lot of balls this year....my very early assessment of him has him rated at about the quality of the Lions Kevin Jones as far as overall quality. Not a bad back...but not one of the top backs in the game. I need to see more of him.

Overalls
08-25-2007, 02:59 PM

I am not sure what to take from that reference to my alter, non banned, self on the Jags site.

Bipolar The Titan
08-25-2007, 09:03 PM
I am not sure what to take from that reference to my alter, non banned, self on the Jags site.

The problem with the Jags official board is much the same as it is with the Titans official board. I have an alter, non banned, self on the Titans board. Big deal. Very similar situation with myself. That's all.

Overalls
08-26-2007, 12:54 AM
The problem with the Jags official board is much the same as it is with the Titans official board. I have an alter, non banned, self on the Titans board. Big deal. Very similar situation with myself. That's all.

I was just wondering. Titans super mod banned my IP addy at home. I have a work computer that I thought about joining with but I can't do it because of the first 3 letters in Titan. Our server at work blocks it.

Double Barrel
08-27-2007, 03:05 PM
That drive was amazing....Young had showed why he was the player of the year last year standing tall in the pocket on those tough throws....and he almost scored on that broken play too...he has an insane skill set.

I watched the first half of the Titans game twice on NFLN. VY is a gamer, and if the Titans had put any talent around him, they'd be a serious contender.

There were several times that I thought he was down, but he's got that mad skill of finding a way to stay upright and make plays. The dropped reception in the endzone was a nice touch pass, and a QB can't put them any better than that. He needs some guys that can catch the freakin' passes, especially easy ones like that!

Young is going to be fun to watch as an NFL fan. Rivalry or not, I enjoy good football, and the kid is definitely a competitor that will make the most out of what he's given.

The Dream
08-29-2007, 04:12 PM
man I just watched the replay of the bills game...Vince = amazing from what I saw.....his throwing looks better from last season...

Exithios
08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I watched the first half of the Titans game twice on NFLN. VY is a gamer, and if the Titans had put any talent around him, they'd be a serious contender.

There were several times that I thought he was down, but he's got that mad skill of finding a way to stay upright and make plays. The dropped reception in the endzone was a nice touch pass, and a QB can't put them any better than that. He needs some guys that can catch the freakin' passes, especially easy ones like that!

Young is going to be fun to watch as an NFL fan. Rivalry or not, I enjoy good football, and the kid is definitely a competitor that will make the most out of what he's given.

I agree that VY is a gamer and the Tacks are just as questionable a contender as we are at the moment. They have established a new core that will be more telling come regular season. VY is still just shedding his rookie status and has some learning to do but his sheer physical abilities offset the lack of hard nosed experience in the pros. Their running game will be average at best but, once again, that isn't including the wood VY will lay down on his own. VY will be what Vick wished he could be barring injury.

I predict that if the O-Line doesn't force VY to scramble every down and their secondary shows some coverage ability then they may best a .500 record.

For the record, I still hate the Tacks.

My $0.02

HoustonFrog
08-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Where is Silver to tell me that 11-16 and 2 Tds was a horrible night compared to Collins stat rasiing 3-5 night. :)

Texan_Bill
08-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Where is Silver to tell me that 11-16 and 2 Tds was a horrible night compared to Collins stat rasiing 3-5 night. :)

I will fill in for Silver.... "11-16 and 2 Tds was a horrible night compared to Collins stat rasiing 3-5 night" ..........j/k..... He had a good game, but the sun shines on a dogs ass some days....

HoustonFrog
08-31-2007, 12:01 PM
I will fill in for Silver.... "11-16 and 2 Tds was a horrible night compared to Collins stat rasiing 3-5 night" ..........j/k..... He had a good game, but the sun shines on a dogs ass some days....

Thanks TB, it isn't a post-game without some VY smack.

HuttoKarl
08-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Radio's a great athlete...there's no doubt about that.

I think it's laughable to predict a Super Bowl victory because you have a tremendous athlete at QB though.

HOU-TEX
08-31-2007, 12:29 PM

Very nice

VY played into the third quarter. I would guess he was up against some really strong defenders.:sarcasm:

Why they would they play their starter that much in the 4th pre-season game is beyond me. Oh well, whatever tugs their twig.

Texan_Bill
08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh c'mon HuttoKarl.... Radio and VY don't look alike!!!!:

http://images.contactmusic.com/images/reviews2/radio.jpg

Blazing Arrow
08-31-2007, 04:02 PM

Seems to be really sunny in Tennessee this year :cool:

Bulluck53
08-31-2007, 05:50 PM
OK I'm back, I had to register again. That was weird.

I, for one, won't call out Super Bowl in the Titans near future. Thats a little ambitious in my book. I will say I am very excited for this year for two reasons:

1. The defense is looking stout both against the run and the pass. I realize its pre-season and they haven't faced a great rushing team but the tackling is so much better then it has been in past years. The pass defense seems to be truckin' right along without Pac.... We'll have to see ow the defense is as a whole after Jacksonville.

2. I have to admit I was worried coming into camp about VY. His intangibles are unmatched in this league but his accuracy problems cannot go unnoticed and were worrisome. I guess they still are, but two pretty good performances in the pre-season (theres that word again) are promising. I believe he is improving his passing game in the mental department as well despite his infamous wonderlic, he seems to be actually reading a defense this August as compared to earlier last season.

Those reasons coupled with the emergence of LenDale make me cautiously optimistic about this team.

Anyways, glad to be back posting. Hopefully I'll stay registered this time.

the wonger need food
08-31-2007, 05:54 PM
His intangibles are unmatched in this league

Hardly. Feel free to start posting this garbage after he wins 3 out of 4 Super Bowls like a real QB with intangibles that are unmatched.

Bulluck53
08-31-2007, 05:56 PM
Ha just an opinion man... there are a lot of things he did last year (yes, with his legs) that Peyton and Brady couldn't have done. The guy is a leader, as he showed in college and the last 11 games last year.

the wonger need food
08-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Ha just an opinion man... there are a lot of things he did last year (yes, with his legs) that Peyton and Brady couldn't have done. The guy is a leader, as he showed in college and the last 11 games last year.

Except win when it counts. If he was such a "leader" he would have led his team to a win against the Patriots in the last game of the season.

And college is college. It doesn't mean a dang thing. See Tommy Frazier...

Blazing Arrow
08-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Except win when it counts. If he was such a "leader" he would have led his team to a win against the Patriots in the last game of the season.

So by your definition Elway and Jim Kelly sucked :rolleyes:

Bulluck53
08-31-2007, 08:45 PM

I agree with you there... but its not like Peyton or Brady have never lost a big game.

Silver Oak
08-31-2007, 09:48 PM
did vince make the final roster cuts today? :whip:

Overalls
08-31-2007, 09:58 PM

I heard that he did make the team, but only because Bud Adams is so cheap that they kept him around to buy the teams ice cream after they lose.

Blazing Arrow
08-31-2007, 10:17 PM
I heard that he did make the team, but only because Bud Adams is so cheap that they kept him around to buy the teams ice cream after they lose.

I know two days this season no ice cream will be purchased. More like grilled burgers.

:locked:

Overalls
08-31-2007, 10:24 PM
I know two days this season no ice cream will be purchased. More like grilled burgers.

:locked:

I was giving Ya'll 5 or 6 wins, but hey, if you say Ya'll will only win two. I'll take you at your word.

:whip:

Texan_Bill
09-04-2007, 09:09 AM

Of course. The Tinnbreads are short on running backs...

ChildressTitanMan
09-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Of course. The Tinnbreads are short on running backs...

Shammy's degree in car washing went down well with Kubes when it came to cuts.:d:

Texan_Bill
09-04-2007, 10:36 AM
I know Tennessee fan is NOT questioning a QB's intelligence....

Mr. Schaub and Mr. Young
Q: Define Completion:

Ans. Schaub: Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) -
com·ple·tion /kəmˈpliʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhm-plee-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the act of completing.
2. the state of being completed.
3. conclusion; fulfillment: Her last novel represented the completion of her literary achievement.
4. Football. a forward pass that has been completed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Origin: 1650–60; < LL complétiōn- (s. of complétiō). See complete, -ion]

Ans. Young: Ya know.... uhhhhhh ya know...

76Texan
09-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Mr. Schaub and Mr. Young

com·ple·tion /kəmˈpliʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhm-plee-shuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
3. conclusion; fulfillment: Her last novel represented the completion of her literary achievement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Miss teen South Carolina, 1/5 of the US population cannot define Completion because they don't own a dictionary! :devilpig:

HuttoKarl
09-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh c'mon HuttoKarl.... Radio and VY don't look alike!!!!:

http://images.contactmusic.com/images/reviews2/radio.jpg

Maybe not, but they scored the same on the Wonderlic Test.

ChildressTitanMan
09-04-2007, 07:02 PM

Mr. Schaub and Mr. Young

–noun

Your over analyzing things Bill.:woot2

Blazing Arrow
09-04-2007, 11:27 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/BrainStuw/Signatures/MattSchaubSig.jpg

Has a nice ring to it ...

Overalls
09-05-2007, 07:25 AM

I was wondering why you begged this off of the guy I made change his sig line on GoTitans. Let's see how long you keep it before you look more foolish than normal.

:texflag:

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 08:42 AM

Well at least you are not reapting the same thing over and over again I mean hey the first 20 times you tried to use that joke it was not funny so maybe the next 20 times you use it it wont be. I know you live in cali so I think all the dope has gone to you because you forget to change out jokes ever 15 times they are used.

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Well at least you are not reapting the same thing over and over again I mean hey the first 20 times you tried to use that joke it was not funny so maybe the next 20 times you use it it wont be. I know you live in cali so I think all the dope has gone to you because you forget to change out jokes ever 15 times they are used.

See the problem is you think the punch line has been said in this joke. I expect game 9 to be about the point when everyone "gets" it. There will be an added zinger next season round #2 of the draft. :heh:

Honoring Earl 34
09-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Ok ... Vince is a miracle worker , I would not put him in the same sentence as Elway , Montana , Manning , and Brady just yet .

What happens if Vince gets hurt ?

How many of your wins do you attribute to VY alone ?

VY will see defenses designed to keep him from making the big play with his feet ... how will he respond ?

Shaft75
09-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Ok ... Vince is a miracle worker , I would not put him in the same sentence as Elway , Montana , Manning , and Brady just yet .

Dude, PUNCTUATION KILLS...

:splits:

I just wanted to point it out before Flaming Arrow did.

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 11:30 AM
See the problem is you think the punch line has been said in this joke. I expect game 9 to be about the point when everyone "gets" it. There will be an added zinger next season round #2 of the draft. :heh:

Yes everyone will get it by week 9 and fully know how good the Texans really are and how great a runningback the titans have playing QB.

Why are the inbreds going to draft another player who has never ever been a starter at any level again?

2ToneBlue
09-05-2007, 12:21 PM

What happens if Vince gets hurt ?

How many of your wins do you attribute to VY alone ?

VY will see defenses designed to keep him from making the big play with his feet ... how will he respond ?He's not been running in preseason that much, and did very well in the 3 games so far with his arm. 2 of the 3 games were over 100qb rating with a rushing and passing td each.

The first preseason game he played in against the Patriots was nasty for both QB's. Tom Brady posted a 55.7QB rating and a couple picks, while Vince posted a 52.1 no int's (few sacks, one nasty one by HarrisonGH).

Vince's 25 rushing yards in preseason say he's standing in the pocket and passing more this year and becoming more accuarate, almost 70% in the last two games.

If he gets hurt....it'll be very bad for the team obviously.

Texan_Bill
09-05-2007, 03:14 PM
and becoming more accuarate, almost 70% in the last two games.

WOW!! Very David Carresque numbers..... :rolleyes:

Double Barrel
09-05-2007, 04:40 PM

Seriously, bro', I'm a bit disappointed in you. You are usually a good smack talker, and I'm surprised that you'd bring such a lame attempt at...'humor'?...but it's reaching, at best.

Is this the best you've got? That our starting QB used to be a backup? Is that it?!

Maybe I just expect too much from tack fans, because this is one of the weakest takes I've ever seen.

More than disappointment, I kinda' feel sorry for you, representing yourself with such lameness and all. I would be ashamed to represent myself with what is obviously the product of the mentally challenged.

:dontknowa

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 04:42 PM
WOW!! Very David Carresque numbers..... :rolleyes:

Accept he was not sacked 25 times in 3 games a la Carr :texflag:

Honoring Earl 34
09-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Accept he was not sacked 25 times in 3 games a la Carr :texflag:

Carr thought he was playing duck,duck,goose .

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Seriously, bro', I'm a bit disappointed in you. You are usually a good smack talker, and I'm surprised that you'd bring such a lame attempt at...'humor'?...but it's reaching, at best.

Is this the best you've got? That our starting QB used to be a backup? Is that it?!

Maybe I just expect too much from tack fans, because this is one of the weakest takes I've ever seen.

More than disappointment, I kinda' feel sorry for you, representing yourself with such lameness and all. I would be ashamed to represent myself with what is obviously the product of the mentally challenged.

:dontknowa

Wait until game 4 when it seems all is lost and you have QB starting who should be back at backing up. I know it is tough to accept right now but an unproven backup is going to stuggle.

What I find odd is a guy with 2 career starts has so much hype centered around him. The guy was not great coming out of college but now after mentoring under the prolific passing of Vick he has polished his game into a top tier QB with a large contract and to top it off you give up next year #2.

swtbound07
09-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Wait until game 4 when it seems all is lost and you have QB starting who should be back at backing up. I know it is tough to accept right now but an unproven backup is going to stuggle.

What I find odd is a guy with 2 career starts has so much hype centered around him. The guy was not great coming out of college but now after mentoring under the prolific passing of Vick he has polished his game into a top tier QB with a large contract and to top it off you give up next year #2.

wasn't lord vince at one point backing up the immortal kerry collins?

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 05:12 PM
wasn't lord vince at one point backing up the immortal kerry collins?

rookie or 4th year perennial backup .... :hmmm:

If you do not know the difference I really don't know where to start.

Specnatz
09-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Do you actually know anything about football or do you just throw a bunch of comments on a page and see what sticks? Because so far you have made comments sounding more like you need more ESPNNEWS because you are talking out your backside versus decent smack.

Double Barrel
09-05-2007, 05:32 PM

So basically, you're admitting a rather severe lack of knowledge about other NFL teams, 'eh?

You do know about Falcons owner Blank and Mike Vick, right?

Or, are you just being obtuse as a personality trait?

He was a backup because nobody was going to start ahead of Vick.

The guy was not great coming out of college....

Wha....? :um:

Matt Schaub finished his college career with at least 22 school records. He played in a record 40 games at the quarterback position and finished his career as one of the most accurate passers in Atlantic Coast Conference history (.670 career completion percentage). His Virginia statistics included school career records for yards passing (7502), touchdown passes (56), completions (716), attempts (1069), completion percentage (.670), 300-yard games (8), and 200-yard games (20).

Schaub was the 2002 ACC Player of the Year, 2002 ACC Offensive Player of the Year and first-team All-State Virginia Sports Information Directors Association (VaSID) as a senior. Publicized in the 2003 preseason as a Heisman candidate, Schaub suffered a shoulder injury in the first game of the season and did not return for several games; therefore his overall numbers declined in his senior season. He was the Most Valuable Player of the 2003 Continental Tire Bowl and was twice selected to the All-ACC Academic Football Team. His University of Virginia awards included the John Acree Memorial Trophy, given to the football player with the highest qualities of leadership and unselfish service, and the Ben Wilson Award as the team’s most outstanding offensive player.

Did you ask for a slow one when God was passing out brains and you thought he said trains?

If "he's a backup" is the best smack you've got, maybe I overestimated you.

Honoring Earl 34
09-05-2007, 05:42 PM

It really does'nt matter because Pacman can't make plays from the street . Who's your CBs ?

I guess a ground attack may keep the super sub on the pine ... wait Travis Henry is now in Denver .

Texan_Bill
09-05-2007, 05:47 PM
C'mon now. The Tinnbreads did get "his highness" some help on offense..... I present to you.......... Eric Moulds!!!

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Well if they guy gets some starting time maybe my smack will get better but right now Shammy has started two games career.

2 starts in 3 seasons = IR or Backup. I did not see any information on him being injured durning that period of time so ....

Check back in on Sunday. I am sure you will see the typical Arrow smack.

I was thinking sack counter but my sig is full already :hmmm:

whiskeyrbl
09-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Well if they guy gets some starting time maybe my smack will get better but right now Shammy has started two games career.

2 starts in 3 seasons = IR or Backup. I did not see any information on him being injured durning that period of time so ....

Check back in on Sunday. I am sure you will see the typical Arrow smack.

I was thinking sack counter but my sig is full already :hmmm:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/marc_trestman/09/05/schaub/index.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0709/breakout.stars.nfl/content.1.html?bcnn=yes
It's not just us.

Texan_Bill
09-05-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Green Bay faithful thank the Atlanta Falcons quite often - for not starting Favre either...

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Did you ask for a slow one when God was passing out brains and you thought he said trains?

If "he's a backup" is the best smack you've got, maybe I overestimated you.

Moos who live in glass barns should not throw hay bails. :wild:

If this is your way of avoid the smack I might have given YOU to much credit.

trains brains? c'mon

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 06:09 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/marc_trestman/09/05/schaub/index.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0709/breakout.stars.nfl/content.1.html?bcnn=yes
It's not just us.

And Miami was suppose to be a power house last season under Culp. Believe it when I see it.

Texans, this years Dolphins!

Catchy?

whiskeyrbl
09-05-2007, 06:10 PM
And Miami was suppose to be a power house last season under Culp. Believe it when I see it.

Texans, this years Dolphins!

Catchy?
Not as much as " Madden Curse strikes Again"

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Not as much as " Madden Curse strikes Again"

LT has the curse but nice try. Since when can you turn down a curse.

whiskeyrbl
09-05-2007, 06:18 PM
LT has the curse but nice try. Since when can you turn down a curse.

Actually the curse is who MAKES the cover not who turns it down. If I am mistaken who turned it down and had similar results??? Curious, not being a smarta$$.

Texan_Bill
09-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Moos who live in glass barns should not throw hay bails.

WOW Arrow!! You really disappoint with this lame smack. Glass barns? Hay bails?

News flash: We don't have sagebrush rolling down the streets either...

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 06:24 PM
WOW Arrow!! You really disappoint with this lame smack. Glass barns? Hay bails?

News flash: We don't have sagebrush rolling down the streets either...

mooo!

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Actually the curse is who MAKES the cover not who turns it down. If I am mistaken who turned it down and had similar results??? Curious, not being a smarta$$.

Until this season I do not believe that anyone has turned it down. LT was offered and refused. The curse should have an * next to it.

Or that is what i am banking on as a Titans fan! :d:

Texan_Bill
09-05-2007, 06:27 PM
mooo!

I would think someone from the "creative - artsy" part of Cali would be a little more awe inspiring than that...

Are you having health issues or something? If so, we will say a prayer for you. You just don't seem to be yourself lately.

ChildressTitanMan
09-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Yes everyone will get it by week 9 and fully know how good the Texans really are and how great a runningback the titans have playing QB.

Why are the inbreds going to draft another player who has never ever been a starter at any level again?

What were you saying about plugging the same joke 20 times? :specnatz:

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I would think someone from the "creative - artsy" part of Cali would be a little more awe inspiring than that...

Are you having health issues or something? If so, we will say a prayer for you. You just don't seem to be yourself lately.

You seem not to understand the glass house metaphor so I thought I would hit closer to home. I also do not think that barns are typically made of glass as an FYI.

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 06:43 PM
What were you saying about plugging the same joke 20 times? :specnatz:

Titans fan to come and save the day. At least someone can look past the words to get the meaning.:shades:

2ToneBlue
09-05-2007, 06:43 PM
This thread just makes me laugh, keep it coming guys.

Good entertainment :user:

Double Barrel
09-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Moos who live in glass barns should not throw hay bails. :wild:

If this is your way of avoid the smack I might have given YOU to much credit.

trains brains? c'mon

wow...yeah, definitely overestimated you if all you've got is the 'backup' take and something about 'moos'.

I just think you've got more talent than something as dumb as "he's a backup"...or at least I thought you were more capable of bringing something more than the same old bleating from the sheep herd.

As far as my smack, I've never been one to troll other's message boards, so yeah, maybe I'm just amateur that way. But I do know I'd bring more game than some weak 'backup' angle that you seem to find so brilliant. Maybe I just have different standards than you...or maybe I have standards at all.

Young is too easy of a target, what with his one digit Wonderlic and barely 50% completion rating. Now you've given him a great target in a Texans reject. Your best player is a thug and can't even play for a year. We won't say too much about the mighty cheeseburger running attack you're planning. The best asset of your team is the coach, but for some reason(s), the fat slug of an owner you've got there won't extend his deal.

I've actually given some props to Vince baby lately. I feel sorry for him to have the abilities but on a team that refuses to build around him. Maybe I won't be in such a nice mood when y'all are swimming in the depths of the bottom of our division...who knows. Contrary to popular belief, one man cannot carry a whole football team, especially when Lendale is loading aboard.

Texan_Bill
09-05-2007, 06:51 PM
You seem not to understand the glass house metaphor so I thought I would hit closer to home. I also do not think that barns are typically made of glass as an FYI.

I understand where you were 'trying' to go with the Glass House metaphor, but being born and raised here, I just haven seen that many barns in the city of Houston.... idonno:

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey DB did my smack at least make the level of Overalls and Silver-back or what ever his name is in this thread? :hmmm:

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=30593

Texan_Bill
09-05-2007, 07:02 PM
This little back and forth was kinda funny:

Originally Posted by Overalls
Kinda like you being 70 and wearing diapers.

bigtitan53279
why did you have to go and bring Bud into this?

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Silver Back spends 3 pages saying his same lines over and over and over again about the Wonderlic. I figured I might as well come over here and dump the "Backup" smack in the same fashion. I guess I had more respect over here then I figured because instead of it getting it thrown back at me you got all butt hurt over the quality of the smack.

Turn about is fair play and all ....

My smack transcended boards, I think Childress got in hopefully his majesty Double Barrel can now accept my smack as "quality" ... :secret:

Double Barrel
09-05-2007, 07:43 PM

No doubt. I figured he must be painting his new rainbow pride poster for the big parade or something. http://www.souliejolie.com/forum/style_images/flags/pride.gif

Hey DB did my smack at least make the level of Overalls and Silver-back or what ever his name is in this thread? :hmmm:

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=30593

See, I'm just expecting more from you, man. Especially when you post...

The guy was not great coming out of college....

...and I completely owned you with reality. The best you can do is try to take out my trains/brains comment (which I figured you'd comprehend since I've used it on my 7 yo niece).

But absolutely no mention that you've been put down with facts. I understand, though, that it's hard to be humble when you're filled with rainbow pride.

My smack transcended boards, I think Childress got in hopefully his majesty Double Barrel can now accept my smack as "quality" ... :secret:

That would be Mr. Majesty to you. :king:

Blazing Arrow
09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
No doubt. I figured he must be painting his new rainbow pride poster for the big parade or something. http://www.souliejolie.com/forum/style_images/flags/pride.gif

See now you can get into the weak arguments. Shaft75 already got totally taken to the house on the whole Gay/CA thing but I'll let this one slide as I did make a barn reference. BTW I pass two huge barns and 3 cow pastures on my way to work :whip:

See, I'm just expecting more from you, man. Especially when you post...

Baited if you must know .....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/mountedfish.jpg

Prize fish Double Barrel

...and I completely owned you with reality. The best you can do is try to take out my trains/brains comment (which I figured you'd comprehend since I've used it on my 7 yo niece).

So you sank to "my level" it seems you almost got it .... almost. Maybe your neice needs to give you better material?

But absolutely no mention that you've been put down with facts. I understand, though, that it's hard to be humble when you're filled with rainbow pride.

Attack the post not the poster.

And be humble please. I have spelled out what the point of these silly post where. They have worked better then I expected so far .... :shades:

Double Barrel
09-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Attack the post not the poster.

Or follow your lead and just ignore the post altogether...

hook, line, & sinker. :fishing: a road that goes both ways

The season is upon us, and we shall see who's team ends up on that line.

I believe we've made bigger strides in improving our team, while your front office has failed to put a team around Madden cover. It will be interesting to see if a 'career backup' with lots of new talent around him can keep up with Mr. NFL, the Hamburgler and Texans reject.

TexanRevolution
09-06-2007, 12:26 AM
I believe we've made bigger strides in improving our team, while your front office has failed to put a team around Madden cover. It will be interesting to see if a 'career backup' with lots of new talent around him can keep up with Mr. NFL, the Hamburgler and Texans reject.

Too freaking funny!

Memo to Blazing Arrow; for the love of Christ, if you're going to run farm smack, get the freaking terms right...it's hay bale, not bail.

Let me use it in a sentence for you;

Hay bales are to bulls as the Titans are to the Texans.

Pacman posted bail following his latest nefarious act.

TexanRevolution
09-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Titans fan to come and save the day. At least someone can look past the words to get the meaning.:shades:

That's what she (#1 Titan fan) said; :pepper:

http://outhouserag.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/redneck_1.jpg

Blazing Arrow
09-06-2007, 01:13 AM
Or follow your lead and just ignore the post altogether...

hook, line, & sinker. :fishing: a road that goes both ways

Excellent!

:boxing:

Blazing Arrow
09-06-2007, 01:19 AM

I am sorry your words are muffled by your team only managing to beat the Titans in one season.

If this board was the same board as last season I would drag up the nonsensical ramblings of "this is the year". They would fall on deaf ears as your team was swept last season again. Beat the colts beat the Jags but wins against the Titans are 10x as sweet.

You can admit you cried when Young took that OT run. We understand. We understand that Mario is a still a toe ... I mean .... work in progress.

:gun:

What will this years black mark be?

Double Barrel
09-06-2007, 10:05 AM
I am sorry your words are muffled by your team only managing to beat the Titans in one season.

You're living in the past, man.

Today is the start of a whole new season!

Overalls
09-06-2007, 12:45 PM
You're living in the past, man.

Today is the start of a whole new season!

The TENNheads don't want the new season to start. They know they don't have an offense and won't break .500

Blazing Arrow
09-06-2007, 03:47 PM
The TENNheads don't want the new season to start. They know they don't have an offense and won't break .500

It has been since last season that we actually achieved that mystical mark. I wonder if any Titans fans from back then are still alive :rolleyes:

Brando
09-06-2007, 04:20 PM
It's kinda ironic that you bring up barns and bales of hay to throw smack around. This coming from a guy/gal that lives in Cali and roots for a team that plays in Possum Holler.
http://www.ridetowork.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/RusticRoadkill.jpg

Hey look, they are collecting all the road kill so they can marinate it for the Titans home opener tailgating BBQ. Smoked Possum.

Titans, this years Possums!
Catchy.

Blazing Arrow
09-06-2007, 04:57 PM
If it makes you feel better I picked up Jacob Jones in two of my fatasy leagues. Mainly because I get return numbers too but we will see.

ChildressTitanMan
09-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm really having a tough time coming up with new smack at the moment. The offseason has taken too long, let the fun begin.

I'm sure we'll have some laughs on here from both sides over the season. :splits:

Texan_Bill
09-07-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm really having a tough time coming up with new smack at the moment. The offseason has taken too long, let the fun begin.

I'm sure we'll have some laughs on here from both sides over the season. :splits:

I have to agree with ya Childress... I was kinda thinking that when Arrow and I were going around about the 'glass barn'... Seems like we are going in circles on the smack. I think we need some games under our belts to re-charge....

Double Barrel
09-07-2007, 05:18 PM
When the Tits get beat down by Jax this weekend, we'll have plenty to talk about around here. :D

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2007, 06:17 PM
When the Tits get beat down by Jax this weekend, we'll have plenty to talk about around here. :D

I was thinking the same thing but instead LJ smoking the soft Texican D for 200+ rushing yards!

2ToneBlue
09-07-2007, 06:17 PM
When the Tits get beat down by Jax this weekend, we'll have plenty to talk about around here. :DIt seems like a win/win for you guys in that game. One of the teams will lose so you can go try to talk smack to the loser, unless you lose to KC of course then all bets are off :cowboy1:

Overalls
09-07-2007, 07:33 PM

Don't look at me. I still am iratating cowgirl fans over a preseason game two weeks ago.

Double Barrel
09-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Overalls brings his A game everytime. He's just giving you guys a break so you don't wear out too quickly. He'd hate to lose y'all after just a couple of weeks into a new season.

See, the thing is, the Titans have a lot more to lose than the Texans. Everyone expects us to lose, but with Mr. NFL Hall of Fame Playmaker, expectations are that he can carry your sorry team to the Super Bowl all by his lonesome. The boy has got game, but nobody has that kind...except for maybe Earl back in the day, and he still came up a game short a couple of times.

Blazing Arrow
09-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Overalls brings his A game everytime. He's just giving you guys a break so you don't wear out too quickly. He'd hate to lose y'all after just a couple of weeks into a new season.

You should really read more of Overalls stuff.

See, the thing is, the Titans have a lot more to lose than the Texans. Everyone expects us to lose, but with Mr. NFL Hall of Fame Playmaker, expectations are that he can carry your sorry team to the Super Bowl all by his lonesome. The boy has got game, but nobody has that kind...except for maybe Earl back in the day, and he still came up a game short a couple of times.

We are 6.5 point under dogs going into this weekend. Yeah the sport books have us going deap into the playoffs :rolleyes:

Bulluck53
09-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Yea no one expects the Titans to do anything this year... read some expert analysis and you'll see.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2007, 09:01 AM
I see "his highness" lit 'em up against JAX.. :rolleyes:

Blazing Arrow
09-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I see "his highness" lit 'em up against JAX.. :rolleyes:

You sound like a Jag fan. A win is a win. And a division win in Jax is even better.

Young after his preformance :doot:

Double Barrel
09-10-2007, 11:08 AM
You sound like a Jag fan. A win is a win. And a division win in Jax is even better.

Got nothing to say about our 'backup QB', 'eh?

2ToneBlue
09-10-2007, 11:10 AM
I see "his highness" lit 'em up against JAX.. :rolleyes:Yeah I thought he did well too, thanks.

Hitting 61% of his passes, had a TD and a INT. Plus the win...

What more can you ask for :splits:

Texan_Bill
09-10-2007, 11:10 AM

Of course not.........

2ToneBlue
09-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Got nothing to say about our 'backup QB', 'eh?Did well in the first game, Andre had a good TD reception, mostly due to his breaking that tackle, BUT a well thrown pass. Hit most of his passes, looked comfortable, gave up the ball only once. Still took a couple sacks, I didn't watch all the game were those his fault or O-Line or one of the "don't throw just take the sack"?

This was the Chiefs though... They're in a world of hurt right now, without that defensive TD your offense didn't score anymore than ours...

Texan_Bill
09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah I thought he did well too, thanks.

Hitting 61% of his passes, had a TD and a INT. Plus the win...

What more can you ask for :splits:

I'd ask for 16 of 22 for 225 yards or 73% and 10.2 avg. per pass with a 101.5 QB rating v. say... Oh, I don't know 11 of 18 for 78 yards or 4.3 avg. per pass and a QB rating 47.9.

I know, I know.... at least ya won... :rolleyes:

2ToneBlue
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
I'd ask for 16 of 22 for 225 yards or 73% and 10.2 avg. per pass with a 101.5 QB rating v. say... Oh, I don't know 11 of 18 for 78 yards or 4.3 avg. per pass and a QB rating 47.9.

I know, I know.... at least ya won... :rolleyes:You sound like one of those bean counters on ESPN :lol: Numbers are for the media, all he does is win.

Without Vince there's absolutely no way Chris Brown could have had 175 yards and LenDale ~70. Vince isn't just a passing QB, just him rolling out causes defenders to at least make sure he doesn't have the ball. Many plays Sunday were because of that reason. Running the counter to Chris Brown was killing them all game long. The Jags were taking away the intermediate/long passes, left short passes on screens and play actions. Maybe three long passes from the Titans all game, one to Scaife caught, one that was overthrown for an INT, then maybe one other I don't recall.

Ask yourself this: is Chris Brown really that good? If so why did no one want him for pretty much free when we gave him up to FA...

Texan_Bill
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
You sound like one of those bean counters on ESPN :lol: Numbers are for the media, all he does is win.

Vince isn't just a passing QB,

Last time I checked, you were the one quoting stats......
Hitting 61% of his passes, had a TD and a INT.

"Isn't 'just a passing quarterback'"?!?!?!? No worries... I would never confuse Vince as just a passing quarterback....

Double Barrel
09-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Did well in the first game, Andre had a good TD reception, mostly due to his breaking that tackle, BUT a well thrown pass. Hit most of his passes, looked comfortable, gave up the ball only once. Still took a couple sacks, I didn't watch all the game were those his fault or O-Line or one of the "don't throw just take the sack"?

Every QB is going to get sacked. He got himself out of a bunch of them that would have left our previous QB in the fetal position. Schaub has a great pocket presence and obviously feels the pressure coming.

From what I recall (haven't had a chance to review the game again), one sack was the line and the other should have been picked up with a read.

AJ had a career game, though, both in longest reception and total receiving yards....and this is just his first game with Schaub.

I think it's time you Tits fans put down the crack pipes and admit that Schaub is no longer a backup, but someone that your team will have to account for when we play. (p.s. that means you'll be needing better smack that the rather weak "backup QB" take that y'all keep rolling out)

Vince isn't a passing QB...

There, fixed it for you. ;)

Specnatz
09-10-2007, 12:27 PM

If he is happy about that performance win or not then he is a worse QB than anyone could imagine. If he has that kind of performance next week then the game will be over at half time.

2ToneBlue
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Last time I checked, you were the one quoting stats......

"Isn't 'just a passing quarterback'"?!?!?!? No worries... I would never confuse Vince as just a passing quarterback....I put those out there because I already know the "well he only threw for 78 yards" would come into play (which it did in your post).

Eli and McCown threw for over 300 yards in a loss, Cutler barely pulled off a win after throwing for 300 (it was actually Walker that won the game with the last 5 catches bringing them into scoring range with some good grabs).

This also brings up a good point, if Vince is really that crappy as the :devilpig: (is that a bull?) think we are maybe you need to start worrying about the rest of our team being so great they can make up for him :cowboy1:

Blazing Arrow
09-10-2007, 01:13 PM
If he is happy about that performance win or not then he is a worse QB than anyone could imagine. If he has that kind of performance next week then the game will be over at half time.

Bringing the team within the redzone 4 times is a bad thing? That game could have easily been 28-10.

Texan_Bill
09-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Bringing the team within the redzone 4 times is a bad thing? That game could have easily been 28-10.

Alas, it wasn't even close..... 13 points???!? That doesn't bode well for "his highness"!!

2ToneBlue
09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Alas, it wasn't even close..... 13 points???!? That doesn't bode well for "his highness"!!I'm confused, you're saying when the offense scores only 13 points on one of the best defenses in the NFL is bad?

What would that mean when your offense only puts up 13 against the Chiefs... It's not hard to see they're an average at best defense.

Since you like stats :d:
350 yards on Jags > 315 on Chiefs

Why pass when you are tearing them up on the ground, I thought you stayed with things that work. Although I understand as a Texan fan you might not know what that is yet, maybe with Schaub you might.

Overalls
09-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Since you like stats :d:
350 yards on Jags > 315 on Chiefs

Since you like stats

219 yards by the Chiefs > 272 yards by the Jags

Plus the Texans D had more sacks, more INTs, more FF and allowed fewer points.

2ToneBlue
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Since you like stats

219 yards by the Chiefs > 272 yards by the Jags

Plus the Texans D had more sacks, more INTs, more FF and allowed fewer points.Seems you don't know anything about the discussion we were having, although felt right at home jumping in.

Heck I'll bite slow day at the office...

First of all we were talking about Vince and offensive side, not a single mention of defense.

Last year the only two teams that had a better rushing attack than the Jags were the Falcons and Chargers... They only got 74 yards of rushing out of the 158 a game (3 less than the Chargers). Had one long 47yard catch...

Sure you stopped Larry Johnson in his first game back when he got only 10 carries, not really the normal game to put him on pace for his 1000 carries this year... Who else do they have, 80 year old Gonzalez, rookie Bowe, injured Kennison, or the Supah Sammy Parker? As I said before, the Chiefs are hurting. Defense is maybe average, but is now just older. Offense is Larry Johnson, or dump to Gonzo. Haha this is sounding more like a Chief trash talking post...

Point is your defense did well, so did ours. I hope the Texans do play well then once they play the Titans there'll be no "David Carr"/"O-Line sucks" type of excuses :heart:

Specnatz
09-10-2007, 03:06 PM

Could have been but it wasn't. 4 times in the red zone and only got 13 points and you are bragging?

Like I said if vy is hapy with his performance that does not say much about his football character. Most QBs not named carr would hate those stats.

HuttoKarl
09-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Could have been but it wasn't. 4 times in the red zone and only got 13 points and you are bragging?

Like I said if vy is hapy with his performance that does not say much about his football character. Most QBs not named carr would hate those stats.

Winner of the first Carr jab in a thread award goes to.....

Specnatz!!!:splits:

Blazing Arrow
09-10-2007, 03:42 PM

W

Last I checked the only stat that matters.

Try to come up with reasons to put down a division victory. I know it is tough but you are making a valient effort if that means anything.

DBCooper
09-10-2007, 03:56 PM
W

Last I checked the only stat that matters.

Try to come up with reasons to put down a division victory. I know it is tough but you are making a valient effort if that means anything.

Hate to say it, but Arrow is right.

W is everything. Good, bad, or lucky.

I don't think the tacks can sweep us this year though.

As much as I hate the Titans, the good news is we need the Jaguars to lose also.

Blazing Arrow
09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I do not understand the animosity towards the Titans right now.

Yes we may be the division leader but we also took down the Jaguars at home which puts them under the gun.

The Jags get to lick there wounds next week at home with Atlanta. I have a feeling the dog beaters are going to go down hard core but the true test will be back in Denver the following week.

It is almost sad to read this thread on the Jags MB.

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic340327-7-1.aspx

Blazing Arrow
09-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Good preformance from the numbers but I was not watching the game so I will make no comments on the preformance. A win is a win and in the end that is what you guys need.

If it makes replay I will let you know but I doubt it will.

Vinny
09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
why? I don't think our fan base will ever feel kindly to the Titans. I know we are a bunch of individuals and we all think for ourselves and we all do not think alike...but I think it is safe to say that most of the older long time fans won't ever like anything about the Titans. The Jags suck, but the Titans are still the team that split from Houston and Bud is still evil in our collective eyes.

GuerillaBlack
09-10-2007, 05:17 PM

Yes we may be the division leader but we also took down the Jaguars at home which puts them under the gun.

The Jags get to lick there wounds next week at home with Atlanta. I have a feeling the dog beaters are going to go down hard core but the true test will be back in Denver the following week.

It is almost sad to read this thread on the Jags MB.

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic340327-7-1.aspx

Division leader how?

Blazing Arrow
09-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Division leader how?

Thought you would never ask ...

If the season were to end today the tie breaker goes to the Titans for a better division record. If it makes you feel better the Texans would be #2 because of the Confrence W. :shades:

Blazing Arrow
09-10-2007, 05:24 PM
why? I don't think our fan base will ever feel kindly to the Titans. I know we are a bunch of individuals and we all think for ourselves and we all do not think alike...but I think it is safe to say that most of the older long time fans won't ever like anything about the Titans. The Jags suck, but the Titans are still the team that split from Houston and Bud is still evil in our collective eyes.

The question is more rhetorical. Just like when I ask the Jag fans why they can not cheer our wins. I expect the '99 season to be brought up eventually. :tomato:

Overalls
09-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Seems you don't know anything about the discussion we were having, although felt right at home jumping in.

I started the thread. I'll lead it where I want. Sorry that I hit a sore spot about your D not being as good as ours. It's a given that your RB/QB isn't.

2ToneBlue
09-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I started the thread. I'll lead it where I want. Sorry that I hit a sore spot about your D not being as good as ours. It's a given that your RB/QB isn't.

:fans:Thought you'd have better smack talk than that... Guess you still need some games under your belt or something you were posting earlier?

Our defense was one of the things our team is most proud of right now. Not a sore spot at all. I'm sure you don't read the Tennessean much so here:

Defensive run sends a message
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070910/SPORTS01/709100367/1027/RSS0201
Enjoy some "edemumcation" about how we feel about our defense. You're more than welcome to come to our "over moderated" boards (as you call'm) and view what fans think too (plus GT and others I've seen you lurking around)

Show me where the fans are concerned/upset/worried about our defense? Honestly it would be a first I saw something to that effect.

Overalls
09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Show me where the fans are concerned/upset/worried about our defense? Honestly it would be a first I saw something to that effect.

Sorry then. You just got your panties twisted pretty quick when I brought it up. Your team is decent and did a fair job on a bad team in flux. Your Offense will have to score more than 13 points to scare anyone though.

Double Barrel
09-10-2007, 06:20 PM
If the season were to end today the tie breaker goes to the Titans for a better division record. If it makes you feel better the Texans would be #2 because of the Confrence W. :shades:

I guess you have find your optimism somewhere...

Obviously the Colts own this division until proven otherwise. Just because we both beat them last year, they are still the defending NFL Champions and have worn the division title for too many years to count.

2ToneBlue
09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Sorry then. You just got your panties twisted pretty quick when I brought it up. Your team is decent and did a fair job on a bad team in flux. Your Offense will have to score more than 13 points to scare anyone though.Completely agree with needing to put more points on the board. Although most teams don't have the line that Jacksonville has.

First time on the 3 yard line, TD was wide open for Vince to run, but he tried to pass instead and it was defended. There was NOBODY in front of him, and he didn't run, that's progress in the area of looking at his options.

LenDale got stuffed on a questionable play call. I wouldn't have had LenDale try to sweep outside, just have him smash it in, but hey I'm not the OC.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda's are what they're reviewing for the next game. Correct some of the minor errors and we should be good for this weekend against the Dolts!

Blazing Arrow
09-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Notice I did not try to run this smack again .....

And the reason I was running it in the first place went right back for the Woderlic banana. Silver Backs are so predictable :cowboy1:

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=30902 (http://http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=30902)

It is amost embarassing to read if you are a Texans fan but I guess each fan base has its own goons. :loser

GuerillaBlack
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Completely agree with needing to put more points on the board. Although most teams don't have the line that Jacksonville has.

First time on the 3 yard line, TD was wide open for Vince to run, but he tried to pass instead and it was defended. There was NOBODY in front of him, and he didn't run, that's progress in the area of looking at his options.

LenDale got stuffed on a questionable play call. I wouldn't have had LenDale try to sweep outside, just have him smash it in, but hey I'm not the OC.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda's are what they're reviewing for the next game. Correct some of the minor errors and we should be good for this weekend against the Dolts!

Could LenDale even make it to the outside?

TexanRevolution
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM

What's not to hate? See the Carolina smack thread.

2ToneBlue
09-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Could LenDale even make it to the outside?Just as good as anyone else, Green had 73 yards, White 66 yards.

4th and goal on the 1 isn't really the time to send a 240 lb back to the outside, just my opinion though.

Silver Oak
09-11-2007, 08:46 AM

so what you are saying is, his brain couldn't comprehend the conflicting messages it was receiving?

-the coaches want him to pass but receiver is covered
-the run was wide open but coach wants him to pass
-brain overload-meltdown
-force pass into coverage from the 3?

a Rhodes Scholar he ain't.