PDA

View Full Version : Would Reggie Williams be a good #2 WR for the Texans?

Texans34Life
08-23-2007, 07:31 PM
http://www.kffl.com

Jaguars | Williams on the bubble
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:23:50 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Jacksonville Jaguars WR Reggie Williams could be cut from the team Monday, Aug. 27, or Tuesday, Aug. 28.

Malloy
08-23-2007, 07:38 PM
We need for them to release some safties and cornerbacks :)

HotRodsHair
08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
This is a subject that pains me personally. I am a very enthusiastic Washington Husky fan (yes, I know I'm cheering for two teams the media loves to ridicule) and Reggie was an absolute phenom for them. That guy could turn a five yard hitch into a 90 yard TD leaving guys in the dust. Just sick the difference between him and the other players on the field. He would regularly light guys up for 150 or 200+ yards in a game.

But alas, he gets to Jacksonville and can seem to do nothing right. I don't know what happened to him, but I can't see how Kubiac would want a guy who seems to be questioned for heart and work ethic.

Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than for Reggie to go someplace else and suddenly show all that talent. (He has the speed and size no doubt) I just don't think he sounds like a good risk given his free fall on the Jacksonville roster.

Goldensilence
08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I think we're pretty good where we are at with out WR as of now. I think that offense as a whole for WR is a blackhole.

Off the top of my head he'll prolly get workouts from the Titans, Vikings possibly and prolly some other darkhorse team like the browns or 49ers who could prolly still use some WR help.

HotRodsHair
08-23-2007, 07:56 PM
While there probably shouldn't be any connection between pro teams and college teams when considering who signs players and where, I wouldn't be surprised if Reggie didn't get a shot in Seattle based on his popularity there. Several former huskies have emerged under Holmgren. Fan excitement sells tickets, and Reggie would excite folks in Seattle more than anywhere else.

Carr Bombed
08-23-2007, 10:34 PM
We already have a better "Reggie Williams" type receiver on our roster. His name is Kevin Walter.

Reggie Williams is a undersized TE, he just needs to bulk up already and make the transition. That guy has never even had a 100 yard receiving game in his career as a #1 receiver.

kiwitexansfan
08-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Previous years I think we would have taken a long hard look, but not anymore... Jones is our #2 of the future, Walter is our #2 for the moment and Mathis is finally fit.

No need to look further afield.

kiwitexansfan
08-23-2007, 11:06 PM
We need for them to release some safties and cornerbacks :)

This is a very true statement.