PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby's "swagger"

TheRealJoker
08-20-2007, 10:52 AM
This is what I love most about Jacoby, just the presence he has you can tell he's got a swagger about him that we haven't really seen on offense before.

Just that Chad Johnson-esque swagger that elevates the level of play of everyone around him. You know that if he gets the ball in his hands, the potential for something special to happen has increased significantly.

:splits:

Leahmic223
08-20-2007, 10:57 AM
He seems really excited.

The guy (In the interviews) looks like he is on cloud 9. Like he still is surprised when he wakes up every morning that he is in the NFL.

He's not cocky like Chad...but Chad is funny as hell though and I love to watch him play.

Hardcore Texan
08-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Oh, I like him and I like his swagger.....but the Deion dancing and showboating needs to go, you can have swagger without that.

If he pulls a muscle showboating I will go out of my mind. :wild:

Rex King
08-20-2007, 01:17 PM

I was thinking the same thing. We don't need a Gus Frerotte moment.

badboy
08-20-2007, 01:18 PM
It is simply good to have something to swagger about.

real
08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
"getcha Swag back daddy where ya' focus at?!"

-Hova

threetoedpete
08-20-2007, 02:23 PM
He seems really excited.

The guy (In the interviews) looks like he is on cloud 9. Like he still is surprised when he wakes up every morning that he is in the NFL.

He's not cocky like Chad...but Chad is funny as hell though and I love to watch him play.

Agreed. I'm old school, act like you've been there befor. But, the sheer joy of sucess on the guy is electric. I'm hoping that they leave him in the slot and rotate him occasionally as the two. Just as easlily as he can get up, he can get down also. And then there is the wall. He's going to hit it and Okoye is going to hit it. Be a 'bout games eight through eleven, but they will hit it. If they pile his plate up too much that will be a reciepy for disaster. I like him just where he is. In the slot running his little flanker arounds, coming in in long yardage situations and returning punts. That's it. He battles for the two next summer. Little steps. Going to find out how mature Kubes is on this issue PDQ.

JohnsonFan
08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
i think jones can be as known and good as ocho cinco one day

GuerillaBlack
08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Oh, I like him and I like his swagger.....but the Deion dancing and showboating needs to go, you can have swagger without that.

Or fumble the ball like Reggie Bush does.

ArlingtonTexan
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
If he is going to bother showboating, he does need to come up with something fresh. Does seem to have a little hot dog with mustard to him. Honestly, I kinda enjoy a swagger versus false humility.

HOU-TEX
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM

No doubt. In one of his last two steps it appeared to me like his foot got hung up on the turf. It looked a bit contorted.

As long as the TD celebration stays in good taste. I don't have a problem with it.

I hope he has plenty of opportunities to work on his routine.:splits:

Texans Horror
08-20-2007, 03:53 PM
And then there is the wall. He's going to hit it and Okoye is going to hit it. Be a 'bout games eight through eleven, but they will hit it. If they pile his plate up too much that will be a reciepy for disaster.

This is one of my concerns. The team will hit the wall right about the time the teams they play ramp up (e.g., Chargers, Saints).

Overalls
08-20-2007, 03:57 PM
This is one of my concerns. The team will hit the wall right about the time the teams they play ramp up (e.g., Chargers, Saints).

It could be a good thing that our bye week is week 10 of the season. It COULD give them a chance to refocus at a time when everyone will need a breather.

The Pencil Neck
08-20-2007, 04:06 PM
If he is going to bother showboating, he does need to come up with something fresh. Does seem to have a little hot dog with mustard to him. Honestly, I kinda enjoy a swagger versus false humility.

Cut him some slack.

He came from a small school that didn't offer an End Zone Celebration class in its curriculum.

Twitch-Houston
08-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I liked his little Deion Sanders move because to me it showed that he was just having fun and not really trying to be a showboat. Had he been show boating he probably would have done his own original dance. Hell it's good to see someone on the Texans enjoying himself so much. He also probably thought that doing the Deion move would surely get some reaction from Deion. Maybe he was a Deion fan growing up.

He's bringing some much needed exciting publicity to the Texans. I usually don't like showboats, but man he's been fun to watch so far.

-Twitch

Texan_Bill
08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
First, I am not one for the celebrations (more old school like Earl Campbell). BUT if you must, lets get into the endzone first and then celebrate... See Jabar Gaffney.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Not saying what he did was that bad. I've seen worse!! I would just like it if he was actually IN the endzone - FIRST. Then by all means - go ahead. I would just die if he spiked the ball before actually crossing the goal line...

BattleRedRaider
08-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Now everytime Jacoby makes his entrance, they'll play "Never Gonna Get It" by Akon.

See I know you'll like my swagger

Hardcore Texan
08-20-2007, 07:37 PM
that was showboating? jesus christ, his first nfl touchdown -from a punt return no less- and we get the "old schoolers" out with a panty twist.

be happy he is on our team. it's not like he ran to the middle of the field and posed on dallas' star, or did some phone in the goalpost trick, or anything excessive like that...that's obnoxious and completely different. the guy is clearly hopped up on adrenaline, runs an 80 yard punt return into the endzone for his first td and does a jig and oh look, somebody has something to say about it...

Over-react much? Much too much.

He can celebrate all he wants, great fine with me, I don't mind at all, just don't get injured doing it and don't get a penalty for too much of it. I would rather have him healthy and playing then sitting around and talking about how he sprained his ankle dragging his feet in the endzone.

Oh, and get in the endzone first! Period, get the six then do your dance. Pretty simple. See Leon Lett/Don Beebe about not taking care of the ball first and foremost........geez what we were thinking by wanting him to secure the touchdown (healthy) first :rolleyes:

What do you do, juggle chainsaws for a living?

DBCooper
08-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Dance all you want JJ, just keep scoring touchdowns!

TEXANRED
08-20-2007, 09:22 PM
I like the show boating, always have.

Billy "white shoes" Johnson
Icky Woods
Deion Sanders

All those guys had a little extra something.

Now I will agree that some is just retarded, like Joe Horn talking on a cell phone, some are just stupid.

We have the soft spoken quiet reserved guy, now we need the rowdy rambunctious rebel guy.

Buffi2
08-20-2007, 10:13 PM
This team needs a little showboat, jazz, celebration, and fun - in the end zone, of course.

After we drafted JJ, I read that he was outgoing and got a bit excited. That is a good thing. He is one motivated kid, that's for sure.

According to the Chronicle - and I'm sure someone has posted this somewhere - Ahman Green told JJ to update the swagger from Sanders clone.

I keep saying this - but I really like this guy. I think he will be not only a great football player, but a great motivator for the entire team in time.:splits:

ObsiWan
08-20-2007, 10:58 PM
The thing I like is his constant drive to improve. He seems like a guy that wants to make the play anytime the ball comes his way. Did you see how p.o'd he was when he didn't come down with that fade from Sage. Even though, IMO, it should have been pass interference because the DB was all over him, he thought he should have made the play anyway.

That's the part of him I really like.

His desire to be the best and the joy he takes in his celebrations are all part of the same fire that makes him a "player". If you quell his joy, you take the chance of diminishing the total package.

Double Barrel
08-20-2007, 11:50 PM
I've reached a point where I don't care what they do to celebrate a TD. Put some boundaries on them so they're not juggling cats or something crazy, but football is entertainment at the end of the day. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the heck out of Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnson's act back in the glory days of my youth.

ledzeppelin229
08-21-2007, 01:09 PM
I've reached a point where I don't care what they do to celebrate a TD. Put some boundaries on them so they're not juggling cats or something crazy, but football is entertainment at the end of the day. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the heck out of Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnson's act back in the glory days of my youth.

Juggling cats...sounds like a plan for the Jags game.