PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys--PASS RUSH

HJam72
08-20-2007, 04:59 AM
The cowboys new head coach (Wade Phillips) is trying to teach his team new blitz schemes--AND THEY WORK (from what I've read). The Texans O-line better be ready for this next game, and we better start using a few of our own (preseason or not), or we are going to get humiliated in game 3--especially since our front 4 are absolutely not getting it done.

Denver played the Cowboys last and they are complaining about too many blitz packages and getting embarrased. http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/t/19154.aspx

Cowboys poster: "We blitzed too much? What is that crap? We have a blitzing defense now. That's what we're going to do. "

Overalls
08-20-2007, 06:28 AM
I have no problem if the 'Girls want to bring the house against us. It is a preseason game but it isn't like some one won't try that in the regular season. Until we prove that we can handle the blitz I would feel that the other teams coaches aren't doing their job in trying to beat us if they didn't blitz. As far as our front 4 not getting it done. I quess I just misunderstood all the time that Matt had in the pocket or the fact that he hasn't been sacked yet. Must have been those 3 sacks that we have given up in two games that has you worried.

:fans:

BigTimeTexanFan
08-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Out of all the preseason games, this is the most similar to a reagular season game. The starters are going to play more than a half, we are game planning like a regular season game. So I'm expecting a little more from both teams in terms of "packages" and that includes blitzes from the defense. Our offesive line has looked tremendous (which is weird saying), so I'm looking foward to seeing just how good they really are.
I read that Mckinney is going to start at center, so does that mean Pitts is going to play this week?

TEXANRED
08-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Bring it.

Blitzing means someones open, OD, AJ, JJ, Walter, GMath. Someone is gonna be open.

And keep in mind Schaub thus far demonstrating his ability to make a decision quick and get rid of the ball.

Blitz at your own risk

eriadoc
08-20-2007, 09:31 AM
All we have to do is hit a crossing AJ for a TD on a couple blitzes and they'll simmer down ;)

TexanSam
08-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Should be a good test against a good team.

Double Barrel
08-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I think we'll be able to analyze a lot by how our offense deals with the Dallas defense. It should be very interesting to see how they handle it.

Matt
08-20-2007, 11:04 AM
to start at center, so does that mean Pitts is going to play this week?

Pitts is supposed to be on the field tomorrow.

HOU-TEX
08-20-2007, 11:42 AM
I think we'll be able to analyze a lot by how our offense deals with the Dallas defense. It should be very interesting to see how they handle it.

IIRC, hasn't the 3-4 defense been a thorn for us in the past? After watching the Cowboys, Steelers and Ravens this pre-season, they're bringing it on defense. We talk of being vanilla on defense, they're just the opposite from what I've seen.

You're 100% correct. This week will give us a good look at how our "O" handles a very good defense.:)

Double Barrel
08-20-2007, 12:12 PM
IIRC, hasn't the 3-4 defense been a thorn for us in the past? After watching the Cowboys, Steelers and Ravens this pre-season, they're bringing it on defense. We talk of being vanilla on defense, they're just the opposite from what I've seen.

You're 100% correct. This week will give us a good look at how our "O" handles a very good defense.:)

Big time troubles in the past. It'll be a test of our line to see how they deal with blitzes from multiple angles, as well as how Schaub deals with the pressure and inevitable pocket collapse. Let's hope we're feeling a rosy next Monday morning as we do today about our offense's potential.

badboy
08-20-2007, 01:32 PM
This will be a good test for Schaub, line and RB. Our tight ends should being wearing smiles after this game.

HOU-TEX
08-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Big time troubles in the past. It'll be a test of our line to see how they deal with blitzes from multiple angles, as well as how Schaub deals with the pressure and inevitable pocket collapse. Let's hope we're feeling a rosy next Monday morning as we do today about our offense's potential.

In addition to having everyone somewhat healthy again.:shades:

Corrosion
08-20-2007, 02:16 PM
As far as our front 4 not getting it done. I quess I just misunderstood all the time that Matt had in the pocket or the fact that he hasn't been sacked yet. Must have been those 3 sacks that we have given up in two games that has you worried.

The front four refered to here isnt the O-line .... its the defensive front four .... and they have done squat thus far . Wether this is due to the ineptitude of the players or the team just not showing much as far as scheme / stunts will be seen come week 1 against the Chiefs.

IIRC, hasn't the 3-4 defense been a thorn for us in the past?

The Steelers allowed the Texans a mere 47 yards of total offense and somehow managed to lose ..... the 47 yards is an NFL record for fewest yards gained in a win .

As for the Cowpies .... I expect them to blitz till the cows come home . Thats how their defense is designed .... Preseason or not .

JohnsonFan
08-20-2007, 02:33 PM
i heard kubi say that our team will play almost exactly as if it was a regular season game, lets hope schaub doesnt get injured with all the blitzing.