PDA

View Full Version : Misspelling Schaub's name . . .

Marcus
08-19-2007, 08:51 AM
I know curiousity kills the cat, but I can't help myself on this one.

I have noticed Schaub's name being constantly misspelled in many threads, even to this day. For those of you do this . . . is it just an honest grammatical mistake, (is it just that his name is easy to mispell?) or is it done purposely as a kind of indirect protest?

Be honest. I know some here still have strong feelings either way regarding the trade.

Texan Asylum
08-19-2007, 09:03 AM
No protest from me. I supported Carr while he was here, and do hope he does well with Carolina, but he's not our QB, Schaub is.

I'm a :homer: for everyone who wears the Texans' uniform. I'll leave the critiquing and negative banter to the others who are more capable of it. :)

Runner
08-19-2007, 09:10 AM
You are asking this question on a board that can't spell "lose" correctly? I wouldn't dig too deep looking for a conspiracy. :)

Texan Asylum
08-19-2007, 09:15 AM
How about y'all.

Cak gives birth every time that one comes up! :hide:

Sorry Cak. :flowers:

M-O-O-N...that spells y'all!!!

Malloy
08-19-2007, 09:18 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about Marcuz

Runner
08-19-2007, 09:18 AM
If I had used "y'all" as an example, I would have said:

You are asking this question on a board that uses "y'all" in written communication? I wouldn't dig too deep looking for a conspiracy.

I am now preparing to stop, drop, and roll.

Texan Asylum
08-19-2007, 09:21 AM
If I had used "y'all" as an example, I would have said:

You are asking this question on a board that uses "y'all" in written communication? I wouldn't dig too deep looking for a conspiracy.

I am now preparing to stop, drop, and roll.

Cool! :cool:

Taken to task so early! :)

CloakNNNdagger
08-19-2007, 09:37 AM
You are asking this question on a board that can't spell "lose" correctly? I wouldn't dig too deep looking for a conspiracy. :):D :D :D :D :D

Marcus
08-19-2007, 09:55 AM
You are asking this question on a board that can't spell "lose" correctly? I wouldn't dig too deep looking for a conspiracy. :)

Point well taken, Runner. I wouldn't dig too deeply looking for anything around here.

However, when I come across the word "Schwab", I get suspicious. Now, if it's just "Schuab" . . . ehh.

How about y'all.

Cak gives birth every time that one comes up!

lol:

SheTexan
08-19-2007, 10:09 AM
No protest from me. I supported Carr while he was here, and do hope he does well with Carolina, but he's not our QB, Schaub is.

I'm a :homer: for everyone who wears the Texans' uniform. I'll leave the critiquing and negative banter to the others who are more capable of it. :)

Same here TA! This board is FULL of those who wanted DC GONE, BUT, for some reason they just can't seem to let him GO!!!! Oh well, this is an opinion board, and there will always be those who would rather spin the negative and focus on the past.

As for misspelliing Matt's name, I would rather see it misspelled than misspronounced! That has been quiet annoying!

Marcus
08-19-2007, 10:24 AM
As for misspelliing Matt's name, I would rather see it misspelled than misspronounced! That has been quiet annoying!

I know. I can't listen to 610 anymore because of it. :hairpull:

But I'm willing to bet you that if Matt continues to be successful, those instances of misspelling and mispronounciation will decrease, for very mysterious reasons. :heh:

Hagar
08-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Hello everybody. My name is Hagar and I'm a misspeller.

It started when I was a kid. I would hid in the boys bathroom when the school was putting on a spelling bee.

As I grew older, I chose course work that didnít require spelling correctly. English, Literature... I skipped'em.

If it wasn't for spell check, I'd never get any spellings right.

I, I, I can't go on like this!

I admit it, I'm a misspeller.

:crying:

Marcus
08-19-2007, 10:59 AM

(Hands clapping)

Bravo! Finally admitting you have a problem, is always the first step to a successful addiction recovery.

;)

Line_Producer
08-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Haha. I know I don't post much, but you hit on one of my pet peeves. Comparing our quarterback, phonetically, to a ear cleaning appliance just makes me want to throw Strunk and White at somebody.

I know we have a diverse range of ages, genders, and education levels on this board; that's what makes the opinions and discussion so great.

<rant> Have you ever noticed that the people with the most ignorant opinions usually have the worst grammar? read: trolls </rant>

This thread made me laugh. Perfect way to begin the day.

brakos82
08-19-2007, 12:20 PM
WHo care show you spell Schwab's name. :shades:

Line_Producer
08-19-2007, 12:25 PM
WHo care show you spell Schwab's name. :shades:

I don't thinks it's the ignorance that annoys people so much <I could be wrong>, I believe that misspelling someone's name is a blatant sign of disrespect. It's just common courtesy, something that is in a sorry state of neglect most of the time. Haha. :bat:

liltony9144
08-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Let's see here.

I've seen Schaub's name spelt the following ways.

Schub, Scaub, Shaub, Schwab.

I've heard people actually call him Schwab. xD

TEXANRED
08-19-2007, 10:00 PM

It started when I was a kid. I would hid in the boys bathroom when the school was putting on a spelling bee.

As I grew older, I chose course work that didnít require spelling correctly. English, Literature... I skipped'em.

I am in the same boat as you.

On my six week report card in high school I once got a 12 in English. I still hate the book "To kill a Mockingbird."

I always figured I spoke English and that was good enough. I then went off and married a teacher. She corrects me a lot. I glare at her a lot.

I keep forgetting the C in Schaub spelling it Shaub.

Stupid silent C.

Oh and FYI, in spell check his name will come up as Schwab. So if your not paying attention then you change his name to the wrong spelling.

Runner
08-20-2007, 05:47 AM
I still hate the book "To kill a Mockingbird."

That is disappointing. It is one of the finest Amercan novels; it was so well written even the screenplay adaptation is one of the best movies ever made.

TEXANRED
08-20-2007, 06:28 AM
That is disappointing. It is one of the finest Amercan novels; it was so well written even the screenplay adaptation is one of the best movies ever made.

I hated the movie too.

Maybe b/c it reminds of high school.

Marcus
08-20-2007, 09:31 AM
I don't thinks it's the ignorance that annoys people so much <I could be wrong>, I believe that misspelling someone's name is a blatant sign of disrespect. It's just common courtesy, something that is in a sorry state of neglect most of the time. Haha. :bat:

I hear you on that. If I thought it was nothing but ignorance, it'd be easier to gaff off. But I see clear intent most of the time, and I think it is despicable.

Errant Hothy
08-20-2007, 09:34 AM

I feel your pain.

Not only am I a mis-speller and a poor typist...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Runner
08-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Point well taken, Runner. I wouldn't dig too deeply looking for anything around here.

However, when I come across the word "Schwab", I get suspicious. Now, if it's just "Schuab" . . . ehh.

Actually, I think you're right and I was just making a joke. Misspelling of the name isn't the most ignorant thing I see around here though, so it doesn't bother me.