PDA

View Full Version : I was just thinking Ron Dayne..

JohnsonFan
08-18-2007, 11:37 AM
ok so i was just thinking about ron dayne, he plays like he is alot younger than green though he is not, proved him self to us last season, we know he can play, why dont we start him and play ahman as 3rd down back? Ahman like i said before is a fumble king as well as older the less downs we play him the less likely to get injured. I think we should do this if not lets pray ahman doesnt go down, he is used to NFC defenses...haha.... and dayne would have to start, I am going to see how he plays today and for the rest of preseason to have a better evaluation though!

JohnsonFan
08-18-2007, 11:43 AM
he has proven him self a beast! well if he doesnt start where would he play this year? i hear situational back?

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2007, 12:05 PM
ok so i was just thinking about ron dayne, he plays like he is alot younger than green though he is not, proved him self to us last season, we know he can play, why dont we start him and play ahman as 3rd down back? Ahman like i said before is a fumble king as well as older the less downs we play him the less likely to get injured. I think we should do this if not lets pray ahman doesnt go down, he is used to NFC defenses...haha.... and dayne would have to start, I am going to see how he plays today and for the rest of preseason to have a better evaluation though!

Dude. Stop. You're really overthinking this 3rd down/scat back thing.

IF Ahman Green has not "lost it", he is head and shoulders better than Dayne. Green's fumblitis is overblown. There's a reason why Green has been to multiple pro bowls and Dayne hasn't. Dayne was a first round pick who has never rushed for more than a thousand yards in a season; Green has rushed for more than a thousand yards 6 times and gone to the probowl 4 times.

The only thing that's going to happen will be that our 3rd down back also happens to be our 1st and 2nd down back. No biggie and it's actually better than having that situational back. We don't tip our hand to what our play selection is going to be based on our personnel package.

Ultimately, I'm sure that Kubiak is going to play the better player but seriously, there's no way that Dayne is a better back.

JohnsonFan
08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
i never said or thought dayne was better i am just wondering what will happen if green goes down or isnt good here

DBCooper
08-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Dude. Stop. You're really overthinking this 3rd down/scat back thing.

IF Ahman Green has not "lost it", he is head and shoulders better than Dayne. Green's fumblitis is overblown. There's a reason why Green has been to multiple pro bowls and Dayne hasn't. Dayne was a first round pick who has never rushed for more than a thousand yards in a season; Green has rushed for more than a thousand yards 6 times and gone to the probowl 4 times.

The only thing that's going to happen will be that our 3rd down back also happens to be our 1st and 2nd down back. No biggie and it's actually better than having that situational back. We don't tip our hand to what our play selection is going to be based on our personnel package.

Ultimately, I'm sure that Kubiak is going to play the better player but seriously, there's no way that Dayne is a better back.

I'm glad you answered, you used more tact than I would have.

Allstar
08-18-2007, 12:26 PM
JohnsonFan, weren't you the one who posted the other day that Wali Lundy was up there with Reggie Bush and deserved to be the #2 back over Dayne? Now you think Dayne should be our number one back???

JohnsonFan
08-18-2007, 12:29 PM
all i am sayign is i was watching alot of dayne footage from last year and was surprised of his role thats all i like all of our backs

Malloy
08-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Some posts makes my head hurt

Allstar
08-18-2007, 02:55 PM

Soo... Who do you think is the older back?:)

PapaL
08-18-2007, 05:08 PM
all i am sayign is i was watching alot of dayne footage from last year and was surprised of his role thats all i like all of our backs

And who was the opponent in this goes? Where did those defenses rank? There's a lot more to it then "watching film".

I'm still firm on the anti-Dayne campaign. I'll believe the 8+ years of film instead of the 2+ games from last year. I would prefer one of the other guys as our #2.

JohnsonFan
08-18-2007, 05:52 PM
wow dayne kicked but today

rollinstone18
08-18-2007, 06:10 PM

I counted 3 catches he dropped.

JohnsonFan
08-18-2007, 06:32 PM
he not a wide out or really a calving johnson type as one of our fellow members pointed out. he is a running back!

pappy
08-18-2007, 06:41 PM

Huh no way ! I preferred Gado but i want to see more of walker :cowboy1:

PapaL
08-18-2007, 07:02 PM
he not a wide out or really a calving johnson type as one of our fellow members pointed out. he is a running back!

If by running back you mean capable of being ankle tacked by a falling defender, then yes he is a running back. Not a powerful nor shifty one, just someone you can hand the ball off to. He did however have some good distance runs, however he was immediately brought down by the first defender.

Hervoyel
08-18-2007, 07:12 PM
i never said or thought dayne was better i am just wondering what will happen if green goes down or isnt good here

If Green goes down, can't get it done, or runs out of gas part of the way through the season then Ron Dayne will come in and put the running game on his back like he did last year and everything will be alright.

Depth, it's a nice problem to have isn't it.

JohnsonFan
08-18-2007, 11:08 PM
If Green goes down, can't get it done, or runs out of gas part of the way through the season then Ron Dayne will come in and put the running game on his back like he did last year and everything will be alright.

Depth, it's a nice problem to have isn't it.

i agree

The1ApplePie
08-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Dayne is still the fat ass bust he's always been. A few good games last year doesn't change that fact.

TexansLucky13
08-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Dayne is still the fat ass bust he's always been. A few good games last year doesn't change that fact.

Nice.

:splits:

Line_Producer
08-19-2007, 12:21 PM

If you're referring to the last couple of games of the season where Dayne did well...were those the same games that Vonta Leach was a starter on as well? Vonta Leach - the guy who got put in after Cook kept fumbling?