PDA

View Full Version : Schaub, a Bad---???

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 09:58 AM
An old news story about Schaub I found that, quite frankly, I found very encouraging. I would think there is some truth to the allegation, which brings me to my encouragement.

The Quarterback needs to have an 'air' about him. The 'air' I'm talking about is the kind you would see from your older brother as you walk through a dangerous section of the neighborhood. The kind of 'air' you would see from a General (Patton) who's about to lead you into battle. The kind of 'air' that an offensive unit would get 'inspired' to protect, no matter what the odds against it is.

I could never see Carr being the kind of guy who would get up from a sack or cheap shot MAD, not the normal mad, but the kind of mad that gets results. The mad I'm talking about is the kind of 'mad' that DRIVES you to be better. The kind of 'mad' that the rest of the team notices and gets inspired from.

Time will tell.

http://www.readthehook.com/Stories/2005/02/24/newsAcquittedItsSchaubNotS.html

Acquitted: It's Schaub, not Schwab

Former UVA star quarterback Matt Schaub, now a back-up quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons, was back in town last fall for the Maryland game. He quaffed a couple of beers with his football player buddies before heading to the Buffalo Wing Factory on Elliewood Avenue for a few more rounds.

That same night, November 4, second-year Mark Schottinger and his Dillard dorm buddies quaffed a few 40s and watched The OC before heading to the Buffalo Wing Factory for another pitcher or two.

By early morning of November 5, Schottinger had filed a complaint against Schaub, who turned himself in the following day to face misdemeanor assault and battery charges...(cont)

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Original arrest article...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/falcons/2004-11-07-schaub-arrested_x.htm

real
08-17-2007, 10:12 AM
LOLhttp://www.readthehook.com/images/issues/2005/0408/berard0408.gif

Mr teX
08-17-2007, 10:16 AM
& that's encouraging how?

So he got a lil' tipsy & was ready to squab. That's what it's called "liquid courage" for.

Texans_Chick
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
You see people, spell the man's name right. Or else.

I think you are disqualified to be called a bad--- if at any time in your life, you admit to watching the OC with your buddies. (he said that in a Texans video).

The season needs to start.

Double Barrel
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Schottinger accused Schaub, 23, of slapping him, putting him a headlock, and punching him.

I bet the fool never messes with Schaub again. :boxing:

powerfuldragon
08-17-2007, 10:29 AM
I think you are disqualified to be called a bad--- if at any time in your life, you admit to watching the OC with your buddies. (he said that in a Texans video).

This woman is correct.

HoustonFrog
08-17-2007, 10:31 AM

It was in his video that first pre-season game and I thought the same thing....get ready to get ragged on Mr. OC. Of course I watched Melrose in law school and am still pretty cool....:)

DBCooper
08-17-2007, 10:35 AM
We'll just email him an episode of the OC and send him a 6-pack and he'll be ready on Sundays!

rickyb
08-17-2007, 10:37 AM

So he got a lil' tipsy & was ready to squab. That's what it's called "liquid courage" for.

No.

The article states that in spite of having 6 to 8 beers, Mr. Schaub made several actions to AVOID a confrontation. That demonstrates maturity and common sense, in spite of being tipsy.

DBCooper
08-17-2007, 10:39 AM
No.

The article states that in spite of having 6 to 8 beers, Mr. Schaub made several actions to AVOID a confrontation. That demonstrates maturity and common sense, in spite of being tipsy.

and if that doesn't work, he can slap the hell out of you!

rickyb
08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
and if that doesn't work, he can slap the hell out of you!

That, or put you in a headlock and force you to watch The O.C. :)

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 10:54 AM

I don't know about you but back when I drank, it took ALOT more than 6 or 8 beers to get me a "lil' tipsy"...and I'm just 6'-1". Schaub's alot bigger than I.

I too, cannot wait till the games count and all the speculation can be put to rest. :cool: :rolleyes:

DocBar
08-17-2007, 11:04 AM
What is OC???

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 11:21 AM

Maybe it takes a certain 'type' of bad--- to admit to something like that. :shades:

HOU-TEX
08-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe it takes a certain 'type' of bad--- to admit to something like that. :shades:

Soo..I guess you watched the OC. :cool:

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Soo..I guess you watched the OC. :cool:
Hahahahaha...I don't watch TV, except for Texans games.

Actually, I had to ask my wife what the OC was. But I would admit to watching it if I did.

Brando
08-17-2007, 11:38 AM
What is OC???

A Fox Primetime "Soap Opera" short for Orange County.

Texan_Bill
08-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Watch the OC???

Heck yeah... I love the way the Tuetels fight back and forth.

Tailgate
08-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I spotted Schaub a few weeks ago at RA with a few buddies downing a few cold ones. No bar fights ensued and the man was just sippin on some cold ones enjoying his day. I don't know about anyone else.... but I prefer my QB to be able to down a few beers and hang out with the guys rather than lock himself at home with his family every night.

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Watch the OC???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8emeN1qdWIQ

:cool:

JohnsonFan
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
i personally cant wait for schaub to play in the regular season!

HOU-TEX
08-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Watch the OC???

Considering I have to sacrifice some TV time to the wife. She has me watching Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters.:gun:

I spotted Schaub a few weeks ago at RA with a few buddies downing a few cold ones. No bar fights ensued and the man was just sippin on some cold ones enjoying his day. I don't know about anyone else.... but I prefer my QB to be able to down a few beers and hang out with the guys rather than lock himself at home with his family every night.

I saw Kubiak doing the same at Marco's by TC. After practice we decided to go have a few frosty beverages and noticed He and Robert Saleh at the bar tossing back a few.

The next day I was wondering why he was with Saleh. After doing a little research I found that Saleh lives in Pearland as well. I gathered since Kubiak lived in Pearland, they must be somewhat nieghbors.:cool:

Mr teX
08-17-2007, 12:50 PM
No.

Whatever, if it had been Carr & he was "avoiding" confrontation, everyone would be saying "he's just trying not to mess up his hair..." or something to that effect.

The spin is incredible on these boards sometimes...

real
08-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Whatever, if it had been Carr & he was "avoiding" confrontation, everyone would be saying "he's just trying not to mess up his hair..." or something to that effect.

The spin is incredible on these boards sometimes...

Since when did Second Honeymoon = "everyone" ?

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 12:54 PM

Xtr, I get a sneaky suspicion that he don't like Mr Schaub. :shades:

real
08-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Xtr, I get a sneaky suspicion that he don't like Mr Schaub. :shades:

Deep down inside there are some that would actually like for Schaub to fail just so they can have the satisfaction of saying "I told ya so"...

I don't think Mr Tex is one of those people...are you tex ?

Mr teX
08-17-2007, 12:57 PM

You & i both know that 2nd honeymoon isn't the only one who would think to say that.

& to TA, i'll be rooting for schaub just like everyone else on the team, but i won't hesitate to critique him just like........everyone else on the team.

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 01:01 PM
& to TA, i'll be rooting for schaub just like everyone else on the team, but i won't hesitate to critique him just like........everyone else on the team.
And I'm right there with ya!!! :)

Mr teX
08-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Deep down inside there are some that would actually like for Schaub to fail just so they can have the satisfaction of saying "I told ya so"...

I don't think Mr Tex is one of those people...are you tex ?

nah, i just wanna win

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't know about anyone else.... but I prefer my QB to be able to down a few beers and hang out with the guys rather than lock himself at home with his family every night.

How about those of us that'll down a coke and hang out with you while you're downing your beer. It's not the substance you're sharing that counts, but rather the camaraderie.

And in defense of Carr, his character was never in question. Perhaps his ability to relate to those who lived their lives differently than he was a struggle he could never figure out.

Second Honeymoon
08-17-2007, 02:26 PM

*cries*

i was calling Carr out as a pussywhooped loser for over 3 years. i think i was a little ahead of the times in hindsight.

vinny and kaisertoro were amongst the few that were actually objective about Carr, the rest were enamored with his hair and the size of his Bible...it sure wasn't his football performances...embarassing

Second Honeymoon
08-17-2007, 02:29 PM
How about those of us that'll down a coke and hang out with you while you're downing your beer. It's not the substance you're sharing that counts, but rather the camaraderie.

And in defense of Carr, his character was never in question. Perhaps his ability to relate to those who lived their lives differently than he was a struggle he could never figure out.

carr's character isn't to be questioned but his work ethic and passion for football were pathetic at best. a great husband for your daughter but a worthless QB and the biggest loser of a QB in the history of NFL with 3 or more years experience (statistical fact). In other words, he was the worst QB in the history of the NFL with 3 or more years starting. not exactly something to be proud of.

glad that the loser is gone once and for all. he was a pile of dog crap for this city for 5 years running. he can take his sad and pathetic act and shill it to someone else...I ain't buying.

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 02:32 PM
carr's character isn't to be questioned but his work ethic and passion for football were pathetic at best. a great husband for your daughter but a worthless QB and the biggest loser of a QB in the history of NFL with 3 or more years experience (statistical fact). In other words, he was the worst QB in the history of the NFL with 3 or more years starting. not exactly something to be proud of.

glad that the loser is gone once and for all. he was a pile of dog crap for this city for 5 years running. he can take his sad and pathetic act and shill it to someone else...I ain't buying.

:ok:

Mr teX
08-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Wow, i've got to give it to ya 2nd HM, when you go, you're going all out!

Wolf
08-17-2007, 03:20 PM

I still hear that his work ethic was bad, but I may have missed it,but I still haven't seen an actual link to support his bad work ethics

i

nfl-brit
08-17-2007, 06:53 PM

Amen. The Uber-clean 'Peyton' types really annoy me.