PDA

View Full Version : Zabransky

BSUBronco
08-13-2007, 02:52 PM
I didn't catch the game Saturday, but I understand Z didn't see the field. Having said that, I heard Van Pelt didn't exactly look like Peyton Manning out there. Does this improve Z's chances? Thanks.

Twitch-Houston
08-13-2007, 02:59 PM
I didn't catch the game Saturday, but I understand Z didn't see the field. Having said that, I heard Van Pelt didn't exactly look like Peyton Manning out there. Does this improve Z's chances? Thanks.

Absolutely. Van Pelt was awful to say the least. I'd venture to say that leaving him in so long had a lot to do with the Texans losing the lead. That said, Van Pelt is not eligible for the practice squad so I think Kubiak left him in as a last chance type of deal. Needless to say, he blew it.

I really wanted to see JZ play. In fact I was really looking forward to it as I think a lot of other Texans fans were as well.

-Twitch

HOU-TEX
08-13-2007, 03:02 PM
I think Z has already made the practice sqad without even playing. BVP signed the #3 QB position over to him Saturday night.:gun:

I think we'll see quite a bit from Z this weekend.:)

GP
08-13-2007, 04:21 PM
He's made the team due to Van Pelt's ineffectiveness.

Honestly, I think Zabransky is going to be a star in 2 years or so.

He's behind Rosenfels for obvious reasons: Lack of NFL experience, and Rosenfels can't be carried on Practice Squad but Zabransky can.

I think if he plays well enough, we will see him in the No. 2 spot during next year's camp. And I think if Schaub doesn't pan out by the end of the season, Z will be challenging Schaub during next year's camp.

Z really is in a great position, IMO.

Goldensilence
08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I agree on Z's in a good position on this team. From ever account i've heard Van Pelt is on his way out and i think Z has the Skill set Kubiak likes for a QB.

I wouldn't mind a situation where Z works out well to the point that he replaces Sage and would press for playing time but...Schaub is firmly entrenched at QB and Z can't get enough playing time...and he goes via trade. (i can dream can't i? and i'd like 2 second rounders btw.)

GP
08-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Schaub, IMO, has about a 85% chance (or greater) of really making it and showing us that we made a good choice in the offseason.

I really think some people are unjustifiably in a panic mode right now.

BUT...I think Z is a Jim McMahon-type of QB: Gutsy, unconventional, and just finds a way to will his team to win. To stay calm after throwing that interception vs. OU...well, that was "clutch" for him to come back and handle it all with good patience and leadership. Lesser QBs would have folded.

Not trying to say that I pull for the guy to unseat Schaub. I'm down with Mattie. But I am glad we reeled in Z. He's a good sleeper candidate, IMO.

Porky
08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Some of you people need a reality check. From UDFA to Norm Van Brocklin in one training camp. Good stuff. I enjoy a hearty one from time to time. :splits:

Vinny
08-13-2007, 05:08 PM

We won't see much more of Van Pelt...Zabransky will get his shot to impress next week. If he does well he can make the practice squad this year. Van Pelt won't be with the team in 07.

Texanfan4ever
08-13-2007, 05:15 PM
One would hope Van Pelt would be gone after that Debacle Saturday night. Watched that lead we had slowly dwindle away for no reason. He played like he was in junior high.

TEXANS84
08-13-2007, 05:22 PM
If any indication, Van Pelt's only completion was to himself for 8 yards.

Specnatz
08-13-2007, 05:48 PM
If any indication, Van Pelt's only completion was to himself for 8 yards.

Yeah he could not even complete a pass to the wide open bears player whom he hit right in the chest.

brakos82
08-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I could play better than he could... :bat:

VP that is...

Buffi2
08-13-2007, 09:16 PM
He played like he was in junior high.

Nope - did you see that last pass he tried to throw? Three year olds throw balls like that - no exaggeration. I was embarrassed for the poor guy.

kiwitexansfan
08-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Kubiak stated VP would get his chance in the first game and Z would get his chance this week.

I think he is ahead of QP on the depth chart but needs to be significantly better than VP because of his practice squad eligibility. That may tempt Kubiak to keep his mate VP around and give Z a year on the practice squad.

Twitch-Houston
08-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Here ya go BSUBronco

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5051591.html

studogg
08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Kubiak stated VP would get his chance in the first game and Z would get his chance this week.

I think he is ahead of QP on the depth chart but needs to be significantly better than VP because of his practice squad eligibility. That may tempt Kubiak to keep his mate VP around and give Z a year on the practice squad.

except that Kubiak won't carry three QB's during the regular season. My guess would be Zabransky to the Practice Squad, and given a qb injury, we pick Van Pelt up off the street.

Porky
08-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Van Pelt was so bad it was almost painful to watch. Without a doubt one of the worst performances I have ever seen by a QB on almost any level. And he was playing against 3rd and 4th stringers. Ouch. It was beyond awful, I felt sorry for the guy it was so bad.

Z will make the practice squad. Maybe he should take at least one snap at the pro level before annointing him the next John Elway. :gun:

dickieb
08-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Just imagine VP trying to play against the bears best, Urlacher and the rest of the 1st string Bears "D", now that would be comedy!

ObsiWan
08-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Just imagine VP trying to play against the bears best, Urlacher and the rest of the 1st string Bears "D", now that would be comedy!

I think you'd find that performance in the horror section of your video store. Children under 13 won't be allowed to watch without parental supervision.

I swear, I thought the lad was channeling the departed one.

TEXANSTAILGATER
08-14-2007, 07:47 PM

This weeks game is on the NFL Network. Hopefully you can tune in.

JohnsonFan
08-14-2007, 08:42 PM
i hear that Kub. said that for Z its going to be hard to even make practice squad, but that was before the bears game, i dont think he will make it as number 3 though.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 01:20 PM
i hear that Kub. said that for Z its going to be hard to even make practice squad, but that was before the bears game, i dont think he will make it as number 3 though.

They don't want to lose Z........and they sure don't want Van Pelt ( I hope to G-d). Unless, he bombs in preseason, passing waivers may be a problem........there may be a reconsideration for keeping 3 QBs. That may be one of the last decisions made in paring down the roster.

mexican_texan
08-17-2007, 01:39 PM
How many quarters will Z play?

TEXANS84
08-17-2007, 01:53 PM
How many quarters will Z play?

I'd say Z is probably going to play the duration of the 4th, or partial with Porter.

Texans Horror
08-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I think I read on the Chron that the first team gets 20-30 plays, then second team finishes the second quarter and plays the third. Third string plays fourth quarter. I've got no link, though.

HOU-TEX
08-17-2007, 02:08 PM
I'd say Z is probably going to play the duration of the 4th, or partial with Porter.

Yeah, Kubiak stated that Z was playing the 4th.

Porter's going to be the starter in keeping Dayne's appetite satisfied. Van Pelt will finish it up by patting Dayne on the back to release gas suffered by the gorge.:shades: