PDA

View Full Version : Single most important player

techrecruit1
08-13-2007, 02:37 PM
If you had to pick one player for this season that is of most value who would it be? (No Schaub)

On another note I had a nightmare that we had 3 starters get season ending injuries on our first reg season game (knock on wood). If that happens i'll be in vegas gambling like a maniac for the remainder of the year.

The Dude Abides
08-13-2007, 02:54 PM
DeMeco

techrecruit1
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
DeMeco is def a key to keeping us alive

TheRealJoker
08-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Without DeMeco we are a completely different team imo.

brakos82
08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
If you had to pick one player for this season that is of most value who would it be? (No Schaub)

On another note I had a nightmare that we had 3 starters get season ending injuries on our first reg season game (knock on wood). If that happens i'll be in vegas gambling like a maniac for the remainder of the year.

I am the one with the visions, not you. :shades:

ObsiWan
08-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Andre Johnson. He's the only one on our offense that other teams respect.

Double Barrel
08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Ahman Green. If he can have a great season as a RB, I think our offense stands a chance to be something. Plus, if he can protect the QB by picking up defenders and teach this technique to the rest of our backs, it'll pay dividends down the road.

Shaft75
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM

Matt Schaub!

:redtowel:

Second Honeymoon
08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Ahman Green. I gotta agree with everything DB said and add that I feel Green is the most talented RB we have ever had on our roster.

badboy
08-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I know I am going to be laughed at but here goes, Jacoby Jones. Yeah I said it. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Here is my convuluted thinking. Jones will win the #2 WR spot and offer Schaub a legitimate second target who will get yards after catch. This
1. allows QB to dump off when AJ is covered or a blitz is recognized. Tight end can fill this role but WR offers more yards.
2. takes heat off Andre and AJ's value sky rockets if that is even possible.
3. motivates Mathis to be like Mike (Jones) and Jerome becomes a better WR AND returner. A little competition if you will among like talents.
4. takes heat off the defensive middle allowing RBs to scurry vertically. Yes, I said scurry.
5. offers a focal point for team and fans to rally behind.

Jacoby to be da MAN!

HOU-TEX
08-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Ahman Green. I gotta agree with everything DB said and add that I feel Green is the most talented RB we have ever had on our roster.

I agree with the both of y'all. There was one if not two runs that appeared like he might run for a while. The one that stands out was around the right side behind a couple pulling linemen as well as Leach. Everything looked good until Green was run down from the backside. Here's a pic courtesy of BullPenPhotos.

http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Preseason/2007-08-11-Bears-Texans/1stQuarter/DSC_0263.JPG

bayshorebevo
08-13-2007, 05:59 PM
If Mario came out and played like a house afire, it would pick the whole team up, not to mention the fans.

Hagar
08-13-2007, 10:26 PM
I know I am going to be laughed at but here goes, Jacoby Jones. Yeah I said it. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Here is my convuluted thinking. Jones will win the #2 WR spot and offer Schaub a legitimate second target who will get yards after catch. This
1. allows QB to dump off when AJ is covered or a blitz is recognized. Tight end can fill this role but WR offers more yards.
2. takes heat off Andre and AJ's value sky rockets if that is even possible.
3. motivates Mathis to be like Mike (Jones) and Jerome becomes a better WR AND returner. A little competition if you will among like talents.
4. takes heat off the defensive middle allowing RBs to scurry vertically. Yes, I said scurry.
5. offers a focal point for team and fans to rally behind.

Jacoby to be da MAN!Everything he said, but replace the words Jacoby Jones with Owen Daniels. Mathis and Green/Dayne (combined) would be next on my list of players who will have to have a good year

08-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Andre Johnson.

jdog
08-13-2007, 10:48 PM
I like all of your answers. I'm going to say Ephraim Salaam. If he goes down, our "scary" offensive line gets a whole lot scarier.

threetoedpete
08-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Ephriam Salaam. He goes down, the ship goes down with him.

Leahmic223
08-14-2007, 06:45 AM
You said for this year only right?

Mario Williams.

If he gets going then he can draw more double teams...which in turn gives the whole Dline a easier job to do...and if one of those other guys steps up (weaver or Johnson) then our Dline will be too much to handle. Which in turn makes things easier for Demeco and the secondary.

In fact if Mario started to dominate the whole defense gets better.

PapaL
08-14-2007, 06:47 AM
AJ - No one else has done a single thing as a Texan. DeMeco is a far second IMO. No doubt he should be great, but I need more then one season as evidence.

ObsiWan
08-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Ephriam Salaam. He goes down, the ship goes down with him.

I hear ya. He's my second choice. A real close second.

BigTimeTexanFan
08-14-2007, 09:19 AM
I gotta go with Demeco. He has affected/inspired other players on the defense. The one player I think he has had a huge impact on is Dunta. When D-Rob first came in and had that rookie year we were all excited and he was confident. Our ignorant FO cuts every veteran and leaves D-Rob in the spot light. He hasn't improved the way we all thought he would. I think he saw the way Demeco played last year and it inspired him to really work hard to get better and from everything I have heard, he has been playing like the D-Rob we thought he was. I attribute that directly to the leadership and performance of Demeco. Sometimes people need to be pushed and I think Demeco pushes people to become better.

Hook'er
09-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Got to be Schaub.:texflag:

JohnsonFan
09-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Ryans

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Dunta Robinson

J-Russ
09-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Has to be DeMeco, hes the leader of, not only the defense, but the team, and will be for the next decade.