PDA

View Full Version : "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

4x4Tahoe
08-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I know I am not the only one who shares this view, because I hear the ridicules from others

around me in Section 123 as well.

The "Pep Band" is a true embarrassment to the entire organization and is not helping in our

quest to become the first class NFL franchise we all want to become. The goofy behavior

exhibited by those members are constantly being laughed at by both the opposing fans that

are obviously making their first trip to Reliant and the hardcore season ticket holders

that have supported this organization from year one. With this new objective for a tougher

image, this "Pep Band" NEEDS to be removed.

As a PSL holder from day one, I have emailed the Texans organization a couple times without

much luck. I am replied with generic messages or that "they are family-fun". I'm all for

making the environment fun for children and families, but if you've ever watched their

behavior, you'd be shocked. Every Houston area high school would be embarrassed to have

them on the sidelines on a Friday night.

I urge ya'll to submit your thoughts on this subject and hopefully we can get something

done. If the Texans are that adamant about how important the "band's" role is, why don't

we move them to the home side and away from me and the other disgusted fans who get bi-

weekly headaches each fall from them around Sec 123?

While I'm on the subject about goofy traditions, how do ya'll feel about the "First Down

Texans" chant after every first down? While I'm pumped about first downs, the need to yell

it is woeful. Let's start getting excited about "TOUCHDOWN TEXANS" like every other

football program in the country!!

While these two things are minor, I feel they could help improve our image dramatically.

Like I already said, I've been in the same seats
from the beginning and have heard the same things from others around me.

Texans_Chick
08-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I sit in 123, right behind the pep band, and I love them. They are a great group of people who are avid fans and spend a lot of time just trying to help the team in the way they can. Kids in particular love them.

You get headaches from...the band? And you are suggesting that the Texans need a tougher image? I'm not sure how tough and hardcore you can be if you get headachy and panty wadded up by a band of all things.

The thing that will help the Texans image is winning, not whining about the gameday atmosphere.

What aspects of their behavior are "goofy" and "shocking?" We are adults here, you can share.

JMO. I heart the pep band. :texflag:

Vinny
08-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I know I am not the only one who shares this view, because I hear the ridicules from others

around me in Section 123 as well.

The "Pep Band" is a true embarrassment to the entire organization and is not helping in our

quest to become the first class NFL franchise we all want to become. The goofy behavior

exhibited by those members are constantly being laughed at by both the opposing fans that

are obviously making their first trip to Reliant and the hardcore season ticket holders

that have supported this organization from year one. With this new objective for a tougher

image, this "Pep Band" NEEDS to be removed.

As a PSL holder from day one, I have emailed the Texans organization a couple times without

much luck. I am replied with generic messages or that "they are family-fun". I'm all for

making the environment fun for children and families, but if you've ever watched their

behavior, you'd be shocked. Every Houston area high school would be embarrassed to have

them on the sidelines on a Friday night.

I urge ya'll to submit your thoughts on this subject and hopefully we can get something

done. If the Texans are that adamant about how important the "band's" role is, why don't

we move them to the home side and away from me and the other disgusted fans who get bi-

weekly headaches each fall from them around Sec 123?

While I'm on the subject about goofy traditions, how do ya'll feel about the "First Down

Texans" chant after every first down? While I'm pumped about first downs, the need to yell

it is woeful. Let's start getting excited about "TOUCHDOWN TEXANS" like every other

football program in the country!!

While these two things are minor, I feel they could help improve our image dramatically.

Like I already said, I've been in the same seats
from the beginning and have heard the same things from others around me.
lots of the pep band lurk here and/or post here...most of them are big fans....and all of them are grown up adults, but I'm not sure all the posters who post here are sometimes.....not that there is anything wrong with that. :specnatz:

Texan_Lee
08-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Just what kind of behavior are you talking about? A majority of us on this BB know several of the band members, and this is the first I have ever heard of anyone complaining about them, or any traditions that we perform at the games.

I, for one, love having a team here, and I will scream and cheer as much as I can for that team, win or lose.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but you are the first person that most of us on this board has ever heard make a complaint about the band or any traditions we perform during the games.

4x4Tahoe
08-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Don't get me wrong here, I'm a big Texans fan. I love football and even played collegiately. And like I said, it is minor in the grand scheme of things, but is an issue that could easily be solved by cutting it.

Texans Chick, my panties are not in a wad. Isn't this where we're supposed to discuss this sort of stuff? You're also in 123 and haven't heard the ridicule that they receive???? I'm not one to call someone out as a liar, so are you sure you're not the one in the band- or perhaps deaf?? j/k

Vinny, I couldn't care less if these goofballs read this. Heck, I hope they do.

Texan Lee, what did I say to suggest I didn't love having a team here?? I cheer as loud as anyone else. If you're referring to the "That's Another Texan's First Down" crap, I have never been to a football game that encourages fans to go wild about something that should be so routine. Like I suggested, let's cheer for the IMPORTANT things like TOUCHDOWNS. This is VERY minor though. I shouldn't have even brought it up since my main peeve is the Pep Band.

Here's my problem with this "Pep Band". We are striving (and struggling) to build a winning franchise that is looked at as a first-class organization. To achieve this first-class franchise, we need to BE first-class both on and off the field. Having a bunch of goofy middle aged men acting like buffoons is counterproductive towards that goal. They act like clowns because, well, that's exactly what they are... CLOWNS. Is that they type of tradition we want to be associated with as we build this franchise... a clown tradition? Do you think the Colts have a congregation of clowns on the first row at the RCA Dome? I don't, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. We're talking about the "Big Time". "The League". "The NFL". Not some second rate deal. Do we want to synonymous with second-rate? I sure don't. The price I paid for my PSLs/Season Tickets sure isn't "second-rate". Just last night there were a couple of Bears fans right in front of me. I overheard them talking/laughing about our "band" earlier. Later, after the announcement that they were going to play at half time, one of them turns around and asks me something like "Which 2A high school did you guys find them at?"

I'm sure they're great fans and even better people. But tubas, trombones, immaturity, and the rest of the foolishness that accompanies them has absolutely no place in an NFL environment.

My intention is not to start an argument. We're all obviously fans- and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I am just embarrassed by this foolishness and want us to win and have the most enjoyable experience we can have at the games.... while leaving the Tylenol and Advil at home.

TexanSam
08-13-2007, 02:04 AM
Here's my problem with this "Pep Band". We are striving (and struggling) to build a winning franchise that is looked at as a first-class organization. To achieve this first-class franchise, we need to BE first-class both on and off the field. Having a bunch of goofy middle aged men acting like buffoons is counterproductive towards that goal. They act like clowns because, well, that's exactly what they are... CLOWNS. Is that they type of tradition we want to be associated with as we build this franchise... a clown tradition? Do you think the Colts have a congregation of clowns on the first row at the RCA Dome? I don't, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. We're talking about the "Big Time". "The League". "The NFL". Not some second rate deal. Do we want to synonymous with second-rate? I sure don't. The price I paid for my PSLs/Season Tickets sure isn't "second-rate". Just last night there were a couple of Bears fans right in front of me. I overheard them talking/laughing about our "band" earlier. Later, after the announcement that they were going to play at half time, one of them turns around and asks me something like "Which 2A high school did you guys find them at?".

So is it the fact that they play instruments and music at the games that makes you think they are buffoons or is it some other behavior that you didn't mention? If it's just because they are a band, then I think you make a very weak argument. Having a pep band, IMO, does not make us a 2nd rate organization. The Washington Redskins have a full-fledged marching band. Does the fact that they a band 3 or 4 times the size of the Texans pep band make them a 2nd rate organization? Does the fact that the Seattle Seahawks raise a flag with the #12 signifying that the fans are the 12th man make them a 2nd class organization because that tradition is more in line with college standards than with NFL ones? I think if you took a poll of Texans fans, most would have a favorable view of the pep band.

4x4Tahoe
08-13-2007, 02:07 AM
No, it's the demeanor of the members.

Vinny
08-13-2007, 02:09 AM

that's cool....just discuss this stuff as if real adults are reading it. Respect isn't commanded or demanded...it's given back. Lots of the core fans lurk here.

Da_General
08-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Wow, interesting! I am quite curious to read some specific examples of this "clownish" :joker:
behavior. Most of what I see down there are fans cheering for their favorite team, maybe taking a breather after working their butts off all morning out in the lots, and generally just having a good time.

Your specific examples would be greatly appreciated. I can personally guarantee that every person in the Pep Band will know exactly what you say about them. Go ahead, LET IT ALL OUT. Don't hold back!

SheTexan
08-13-2007, 06:36 AM
I've never noticed inappropriate behavior from any band member, and I certainly don't view them as an embarrassment to the organization. I view them as an asset! I look at it this way. The NFL has become MUCH to serious over the years. They continuously come up with lame rules that takes the FUN out of the game of football, for fans, as well as players. To see the Pep Band down there having fun, enjoying their music, and sharing it all with the fans, is part of what makes the gameday experience exciting and fun. I would be more disappointed if they were just sitting there like a bump on a log, rather than jumping around having a good time supporting their team. I am certain if one of them is being obnoxious, rude, or handling themselves unprofessionally in any way, Lamar will take care of the problem. I am more concerned with the drunk, obnoxious, rude, and ignorant fans giving us a bad rep than I am with the young men in the Pep Band! To be perfectly honest with you, I can't imagine NOT seeing the Pep Band on gameday!! They are a TEXAN tradition now, and I hope they will be around forever.

As for the "1st down" celebration, why are you offended by that? It's just another way of keeping the fans involved in the game, and lets the players know we are celebrating that drive with them. I love it!!

Also, you mentioned the Colts. I went to the game in Indy last year and they have a chant that just about drove me NUTS! Ole, ole, olaaaaaay, OHHHHHLAY, or something like that. Sounded like they were in a bull fighting arena rather than a football stadium. Just aweful!!!!! If I was a Colts fan, I would hate it, it is so irritating, obnoxious, and has NOTHING to do with football.

I have been a football fan for way over 50 years, and I have learned to relax and accept the things that I don't like. You cannot please 70,000+ people all the time.

Tedc
08-13-2007, 06:41 AM
I don't understand what you are talking about with thier behavior.

We in the Bull Pen loved having them in our seats and we were saddened when they removed them to the field. I would pay more for my tickets if they were could come back. They add excitement and fun to the game. Kids love them. Many of the people in the band are junior high and high school music teachers.

We host a lot of out of town fans in our tailgate and all I have ever heard was how they wish thier tightwad owners would do something like that for thier fans.:gotexans1

What is it that they do, specifically, to offend you??

sakebomb
08-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Inappropriate behavior?

I have never seen a band member grab their junk or make a slashing sign across their neck after a song. Have they slammed their instruments down and started doing their T.O. celebration dance? Of course I sit in up in "Gridiron, TX" so I'm not down their with you guys.

I don't have a problem with the band. I see them play their songs and dance around a bit. I don't think they are walking around embarrassing themselves. They are doing what they love and that is play an instrument in a band at a NFL game. That's a pretty big deal.

Silver Oak
08-13-2007, 07:16 AM
I don't find them to be an embarrasment other than the fact they play out of tune, but I'm sure other teams bands comprised of fans are generally no better.

aj.
08-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Gosh ... we are so luckeee to have our band. They make me want to dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsZy2425eY

Kaiser Toro
08-13-2007, 07:22 AM
As a PSL owner since day one and who sat in 121 the first two years and in 124 since then I have not noticed any negative comments from my fellow Texan fans about the pep band other than "get the heck out of the way of the cheerleaders."

I think you have taken a very important first step in venting and attempting to put together a coalition to petition. The second step may be to look at moving your seats. While the third step would be to grow a friggin pair and not feel ridiculed by the opposing fan's insults to our pep band.

Texan_Bill
08-13-2007, 09:02 AM
First, why do you allow visiting fans to voice an opinion?? My guess, people in your section are sitting on their hands to begin with.

Second, you throw out blanket generalizations without specific incidents. Act like Clowns? What incident(s) have you so embarrassed?

Third, it took me a while to warm up to the "first down" but since I have I dont mind doing it at all... I want more touchdowns too, but it would be impossible to get 70,000 people to yell touchdown all at once, when they are celebrating and the cannon goes off..

Generally when using words like "program" you would be referring to a college or high school program, not a professional organization. So maybe its a perspective thing.

I am suprised that there was no complaining about shouting the player's last name during player introductions..

dskillz
08-13-2007, 09:12 AM
I am still waiting on specific problems with behaviour. It seems to me that the original poster thinks that maybe the pep band is out of place or something. I feel he is using this BS argument about behaviour as an excuse. He is entitled to his opinion, but I love the band. It is something different, well, it was different as I have seen other teams using the same concept.

I don't think that in anyway that the pep band makes us look second rate. It is a tradition now. A good one. I love to see them walking through the tailgate, giving impromtu performances and performing during the game. Just like the Clay Walker song, I see all these people who are so frustrated with losing take it out on all the traditions we have. I have heard people say we should change the uniforms, change the mascot, change the logo, change song and now gid rid of the band. Just frustrating to see people complain about the lack of sports traditions in this city, but then want to change everything.

Do you know what makes us look second rate? Losing. That is the only thing that makes us look second rate. So because some Bears fans say something about the pep band, we need to get rid of them? Your reaction was to agree with them? I think that speaks volumes in itself.

hobie
08-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Well I for one really do not care of they are there or not during the game, but I do know that we enjoy when they walk around while we are tailgating and stop on by and play a song or two.. Hey, they are there for the fans, and from what I gather, most everyone I see when they come to our area enjoy them...

So I am sorry you feel that way, but either suck it up or request to move seats, if you don't do either, then you have to deal with it .

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Ignore this poster. Reminds me of the cheerleader hater from the Main Board. Just a hater looking for attention.

We all KNOW that's it's really cool to have a live band.

Now, if they could have a bigger budget, pay the members, gain a couple thousand members, and do "script Texans..." Hmmm.....

http://www.ece.osu.edu/~kungc/pics/football/OSUfootball6.jpg

hobie
08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
And of course YOU would volunteer to dot the I !!

disaacks3
08-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Like Ted, I was disappointed when they removed the band from behind the Bull Pen to the field (aren't they called the "Bull Pen Pep Band"?), but to suggest that their behavior is embarassing is something I've never heard. They aren't all "middle-aged" either, so that makes me question the validity of the original poster somewhat. (Guess he REALLY didn't like the elderly "Astro-Nuts")

The band's halftime performances are another thing....it isn't Lamar's fault, but somebody REALLY needs to learn how to mike the band properly. Over the past two seasons I've heard "Thus Spake Zarathustra" & now "YMCA" (two VERY recognizable songs) come out of the speakers so weakly that I couldn't have told you what the tune was with a gun to my head.

I've let the "And that's another Houston Texans...FIRST DOWN!" chant grow on me. If that's what it takes to start getting the crowd into the game more, it's not a bad thing. The Die Hard fans are always involved, but if this helps get the "Shaken, not stirred" crowd on the club-level involved (or at least their kids) then I'm all for it. Heck, I'd like the "Quiet please, Offense at Work" brought back!

nflnutswife
08-13-2007, 10:09 AM
I appreciate and admire the sweat and effort and entertainment our Pep Band has given us over the last few years! I love you guys (and Gals)!
Rock on people!:texflag:

Texan_Bill
08-13-2007, 10:15 AM

Of course Yankee would.. We just have to convince him that there is no "I" in Houston Texans...

Texans_Chick
08-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Don't get me wrong here, I'm a big Texans fan. I love football and even played collegiately. And like I said, it is minor in the grand scheme of things, but is an issue that could easily be solved by cutting it.

Texans Chick, my panties are not in a wad. Isn't this where we're supposed to discuss this sort of stuff? You're also in 123 and haven't heard the ridicule that they receive???? I'm not one to call someone out as a liar, so are you sure you're not the one in the band- or perhaps deaf?? j/k

Texan Lee, what did I say to suggest I didn't love having a team here?? I cheer as loud as anyone else. If you're referring to the "That's Another Texan's First Down" crap, I have never been to a football game that encourages fans to go wild about something that should be so routine. Like I suggested, let's cheer for the IMPORTANT things like TOUCHDOWNS. This is VERY minor though. I shouldn't have even brought it up since my main peeve is the Pep Band.

Here's my problem with this "Pep Band". We are striving (and struggling) to build a winning franchise that is looked at as a first-class organization. To achieve this first-class franchise, we need to BE first-class both on and off the field. Having a bunch of goofy middle aged men acting like buffoons is counterproductive towards that goal. They act like clowns because, well, that's exactly what they are... CLOWNS. Is that they type of tradition we want to be associated with as we build this franchise... a clown tradition? Do you think the Colts have a congregation of clowns on the first row at the RCA Dome? I don't, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. We're talking about the "Big Time". "The League". "The NFL". Not some second rate deal. Do we want to synonymous with second-rate? I sure don't. The price I paid for my PSLs/Season Tickets sure isn't "second-rate". Just last night there were a couple of Bears fans right in front of me. I overheard them talking/laughing about our "band" earlier. Later, after the announcement that they were going to play at half time, one of them turns around and asks me something like "Which 2A high school did you guys find them at?"

I'm sure they're great fans and even better people. But tubas, trombones, immaturity, and the rest of the foolishness that accompanies them has absolutely no place in an NFL environment.

My intention is not to start an argument. We're all obviously fans- and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I am just embarrassed by this foolishness and want us to win and have the most enjoyable experience we can have at the games.... while leaving the Tylenol and Advil at home.

Yes, I sit in 123. (This last game, I traded my tickets with a buddy so I sat in 106). Usually opposing fans sit right in front of me because those are StubHubbed tickets. They've never said anything ugly about the band. I'm guessing you egg the people around you to say what you feel.

And if opposing fans did say something ugly about the band to me, I'd tell them where to go.

Literally, I sit right behind the band, just a few rows. I asked you to specifically state what sorts of things the band was doing, and you mentioned "immaturity and foolishness and clown-like." That's not specific. I've never seen them do anything that would be embarrassing to the organization. And certainly nothing that would merit writing the team or coming to a message board to talk about your trauma.

And if you can state with specificity what you are talking about, there are band members that post here that would listen to your point of view and maybe try to adjust their behavior. But if you just have some sort of phobia about tubas and trombones, it sounds like this is your sensitivity issue.

I would be double plus mad if the Texans organization got rid of the BPPB--they are great, hardworking fans and ambassadors for the teams in the tailgates, stadium and events.

If it gets you all headachy and sour (really, you must have geriatric standards for what is considered loud), you can always move locations in the stadium. It is easy to do. People do it every day. Then you can sell or swap your ticket with someone who appreciates these hard working people who make the game day experience more fun.

The few times I take my daughter to the games, she loves the BPPB. And if you see them interacting in the tailgates before the game or in the stadium, you can see how happy they make kids. Your post here reminds me of this:

NFL Mascot Has Blog: Talks a Little Junk (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/28/nfl-mascot-has-blog-talks-a-little-junk/)

As I said, the way to improve the Texans image is to have the team win. Nothing more, nothing less. I still haven't seen anything in what you are talking about that suggests having a team band is second rate, and it just sounds like you dislike seeing the happiness in others.

Double Barrel
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm a season ticket holder since the beginning and I dig the pep band. It is a football GAME. We should never forget the origins of the sport, or the simple fact that it is an entertainment medium. Music is part of that package.

I wish they would mike the band better, though. Going from pre-recorded music to the band is a big dropoff. With the kind of money the franchise has to put on these events, they need to get a sound engineer that understands the concept of miking a live band for a PA system.

And the "Another Texans firstdown" is alright. It keeps the fans in the game, and gives us something to cheer about for the offense (considering that we are supposed to be quiet when the O is on the field).

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 10:31 AM

Heck yeah. But there's no 'I" in T. (buh dum ching!)

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Of course Yankee would.. We just have to convince him that there is no "I" in Houston Texans...

Crapola.

powerfuldragon
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
4x4 tahoe, i recommend you take some zinc.

Buffi2
08-13-2007, 10:49 AM
I love the Pep Band. There were games in the past few years where the band were the only ones who were still happily sharing their music. I love them wandering around the lots during tail gating getting everyone in the football mood.

These folks are a great group of fans who love music and football - there ain't nothin' wrong with that and there is a lot of good. I, personally, prefer walking into the stadium with the Pep Band playing than the "Band of the Year." It is more like a football game and the Pep Band represents the Texans better.

I wish the band would be given more prominence, return to their original place in the Bull Pen, get a better sound system around them, and let them play more.

I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 and I've never heard anyone complain about the Pep Band...ever.

Not only can you not please 70,000+ folks all of the time - you can't even please all of them some of the time.

Rock and Play On Pep Band.:splits: :heart:

HoustonFrog
08-13-2007, 10:52 AM
We have a pep band? Sweet. They need to play that noise that the TV makes when someone screws up..."whhhaw, whaw" with the tuba.

dskillz
08-13-2007, 11:10 AM
And the "Another Texans firstdown" is alright. It keeps the fans in the game, and gives us something to cheer about for the offense (considering that we are supposed to be quiet when the O is on the field).

I like "Another Houston Texans.....FIRST DOWN!!" myself. I remember in some of those games when we were getting our brains kicked in and they kept doing the first down thing. I wasn't too keen on it at that time. I just said it sarcastically then. I was really frustrated that day.

Shaft75
08-13-2007, 11:59 AM
I think the band is pretty embarassing myself. I haven't heard any original material from them...

Hervoyel
08-13-2007, 12:26 PM
It's called a sense of humor.

You can find one in the box marked "Sense of Humor".

Take what you need but please, use what you take.

Shaft75
08-13-2007, 12:33 PM
It's called a sense of humor.

You can find one in the box marked "Sense of Humor".

Take what you need but please, use what you take.

You took that seriously???

Do I need to put j/j on the end, or a smiley?

texasguy346
08-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Count me as another fan of the BPPB. Every organization has something that makes it a bit different from the others. As another poster mentioned the Redskins have a marching band as do the Ravens I believe. Most teams in the league will have something unique or different about them, but it doesn't make them second class organizations. The bottom line is the only people on the field that will determine how others view the Houston Texans are the players, coaches, & FO folks. If we win out on the field then we begin to earn respect as a team and an organization.

TexanSam
08-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I like "Another Houston Texans.....FIRST DOWN!!" myself. I remember in some of those games when we were getting our brains kicked in and they kept doing the first down thing. I wasn't too keen on it at that time. I just said it sarcastically then. I was really frustrated that day.

I like it when we are playing well. If we're losing 30-3 in the 3rd quarter and getting our ass handed to us in a silver platter, then I don't think they should do it.

Speedy
08-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't get how a band makes the football team or the organization better or worse. Do you pay your 1st rate prices for your PSL's to watch the band or a football team? If the band wasn't there Saturday night, would the Texans have slaughtered the Bears? Maybe if the Texans painted all the seats black, that would make them 1st class. Or how about if the cheerleaders were biker chicks with tatoos all over and drove into the stadium on Harleys choking down Malboro's, that would give the team that toughness you're looking for.

I understand that this is a forum and you have the right to complain, I just think sometimes people complain for the sake of complaining.

Hervoyel
08-13-2007, 05:03 PM
You took that seriously???

Do I need to put j/j on the end, or a smiley?

Sorry, I wasn't talking to you. I was addressing the original poster on this thread.

because I can
08-13-2007, 05:28 PM
I am completely shocked and disgusted by your comments about the Pep Band. As a young woman in the band I am usually the first one to be annoyed with so called “goofy” behavior, but as it is, I have NEVER been embarrassed by any behavior our young men exhibit. I have been more embarrassed by some of the fans who sit behind us in their drunken stupors and yell inappropriate comments to players on the field. I have never been “shocked” as you say with anything our members have done or said. Most of us are public educators who wouldn’t risk acting inappropriately while young children and parents watch our every move.
We are here to entertain the fans when sometimes there is no hope to be had. I am a proud member of this organization, and I am sorry to tell you that we are not going anywhere.

Texan_Bill
08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
I am completely shocked and disgusted by your comments about the Pep Band. As a young woman in the band I am usually the first one to be annoyed with so called “goofy” behavior, but as it is, I have NEVER been embarrassed by any behavior our young men exhibit. I have been more embarrassed by some of the fans who sit behind us in their drunken stupors and yell inappropriate comments to players on the field. I have never been “shocked” as you say with anything our members have done or said. Most of us are public educators who wouldn’t risk acting inappropriately while young children and parents watch our every move.
We are here to entertain the fans when sometimes there is no hope to be had. I am a proud member of this organization, and I am sorry to tell you that we are not going anywhere.

Judging by the responses to original poster's comments, it would seem that most of us appreciate the BPPB!! We especially appreciate y'all coming to visit us at Blue Crew!!!

Just remember, you can't please everyone, because some people are just meant to be miserable!!

SO, thank you and keep up the great work!!!

Texans_Chick
08-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Thanks for your comments. BPPB rocks! :texflag:

Specnatz
08-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Ya know when, I first heard about the band and they were walking around I was like 'this is kinda chessy' Then after listening and watching the reaction of kids and those around me, my opinion changed. I am not saying this to be apart of anything, but I noticed how kids really liked them and got all excited. Of course I am not down in the pen so I do not see everything down there but at the tailgate when they came around people got all pumped up.

Everything at every game will not be for everyone, that is the way it is. But the way I look at things if others get all excited about it and enjoy it, why trash it, if it is not hurting anyone. Tolerance is something that is being lost now a days, which is a true shame. Life is to short to get all worked up and hating on things that give enjoyment, especially to the kids.

Zippy
08-13-2007, 07:16 PM
The BPPB is a great group of TRUE FANS!

I'd love to see them back up in the Bull Pen, though. That would solve the OP's "problem" and the Bull Pen would get them back.

Joe Texan
08-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey Rookie,

Lighten up

the pep band stays,
the first down stays,
You Go:specnatz:

DiapHer
08-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Coming from out of town for my first game in 2002 and I approached my "Blue Crew" friends the first thing I heard was the BPPB playing for the group. I have to tell you I got goose bumps and was in shock the enthusiasm that they created for the fans and myself and the smiles on everyone's faces with some simple tunes and CREATIVE PERSONAL interaction. :texflag: It is something I have never forget and it brings a smile every week when I view the photos from http://www.TexansBullpen.com and see the fun everyone young or old is having. Last year I brought two of my children and one of the first things I told them about tailgating at Reliant was the BPPB that will stop by and the fun they will have with them!!! One of my daughters main photo's on her face book account that gets commented on is of her and her mother dancing with the band when they made a special stop to play Happy Birthday for her and the others celebrating their birthdays and what fun it must have been!!! What great memories for my daughter, Lamar and his group created...and I thank the BPPB for that!! Fun hater is what I would call "4x4" but then again that is being nice!!!

Here are a few shots from years past and you ask yourself.....

http://www.texansbullpen.com/05photogallery/Preseason/2005-08-20-Oakland-Houston/Fans/DSC_0940.JPG

http://www.texansbullpen.com/05photogallery/Preseason/2005-08-20-Oakland-Houston/Fans/DSC_0036.JPG

http://www.texansbullpen.com/06photogallery/Season/2006-12-10-Tennessee-Houston/Fans/DSC_0028.JPG

http://www.texansbullpen.com/06photogallery/Season/2006-12-10-Tennessee-Houston/Fans/DSC_0038.JPG

http://www.texansbullpen.com/06photogallery/Season/2006-12-10-Tennessee-Houston/Fans/DSC_0026.JPG

the wonger need food
08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
The band gets me pumped up when I hear them before the game.

If any band people are reading this ridiculous thread, don't let this troll kill your buzz.... you guys are great.

4x4Tahoe
08-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Ya'll have got to be kidding. Either all of you are in the band, or you just don't want to hurt their feelings.

They are a joke.

Sorry, I suppose this message board isn't for me- I like football and actually KNOW football and want to build a classy tradition here in Houston. Not a tradition that includes clowns trying to play instruments and acting foolish. If ya'll like goofiness, perhaps you would feel more at home at halftime during Rice home games.... At least they have talent.

the wonger need food
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Ya'll have got to be kidding. Either all of you are in the band, or you just don't want to hurt their feelings.

They are a joke.

Sorry, I suppose this message board isn't for me- I like football and actually KNOW football and want to build a classy tradition here in Houston. Not a tradition that includes clowns trying to play instruments and acting foolish. If ya'll like goofiness, perhaps you would feel more at home at halftime during Rice home games.... At least they have talent.

Most everyone here KNOWS football. And you're the one looking like a clown.

Specnatz
08-13-2007, 09:08 PM

They are a joke.

Ok because we disagree with you, we are not classy, hmm? And all this time I thought everyone was entitled to make the case for what they like or don't like. I guess if you like the band you can't know sports, that makes great sense.

In Bizarros world it does.

:specnatz:

:fans:

DiapHer
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Being GOOFY and KNOWING football is a GREAT combination!!! Try it you might like it!!!

Texans_Chick
08-13-2007, 09:13 PM

They are a joke.

You know, it is really difficult to be a curmudgeon at age 22. Congratulations.

I'm not sure how classy it is to publicly denigrate a bunch of hard working people because they aren't serious enough for you, the serious football fan.

It is quite possible to love and know football, but also understand that it is also entertainment and is supposed to be fun. Football talk is found in the main forum, not the tailgate forum.

I've asked you repeatedly to state with specificity what the BPPB was doing that was goofy or foolish. You chose to repeat yourself without saying. Maybe tubas make you feel insecure or something? I still don't see your point and you have responded to none of ours. Too bad we can't have a dialogue about this.

Specnatz
08-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Being GOOFY and KNOWING football is a GREAT combination!!! Try it you might like it!!!

I ressemble this remark sorta .................. I kinda know football or at least try to.

:play:

BullPenPhotos
08-13-2007, 09:40 PM
I've asked you repeatedly to state with specificity what the BPPB was doing that was goofy or foolish. You chose to repeat yourself without saying. Maybe tubas make you feel insecure or something? I still don't see your point and you have responded to none of ours. Too bad we can't have a dialogue about this.

I am also wondering about this...Do we need to get ahold of Lamar and find out who tried out for the BPPB and didn't make it? :violin

Da_General
08-13-2007, 09:42 PM

Exactly. I too am waiting for specific examples of exactly what it is that the Pep Band does that has you so riled up. In fact, the entire Pep Band is now reading this thread anxiously awaiting your response. I won't say anything else about it until we get some specifics. And believe me, I have a LOT to say on this topic. :cowboy1:

Speedy
08-13-2007, 10:00 PM
If you think that a freaking pep band is bringing down the entire organization and it's an embarrassment for you to go to games, DON'T GO and sell your freaking PSL's. Geez!!!

OK, you don't like the band. Judging from the replies in this thread, nobody gives a pink rat's hiney.

Tedc
08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Sorry, I suppose this message board isn't for me-

See ya!!:loser

I hope you enjoy your seats!!:shades:

gwallaia
08-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Comparing them to the Nerds, errrr the MOB, Marching Owl Band is the worst insult they will ever get.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/trumpetgroup.jpg

Texan Asylum
08-13-2007, 10:15 PM
The "Pep Band" is a true embarrassment to the entire organization and is not helping in our quest to become the first class NFL franchise we all want to become.

Tahoe, the next time you're offended by the Pep Bands antics, I'd go down there personally and introduce yourself as who you are, and perhaps you might be able to express yourself more clearly to them. I would bet money--and I'm not a gambling man by no means--but I'd bet that you will get a response from them that isn't near has "goofy".

Just a thought.

DiapHer
08-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Glad this thread came about so we can give the BPPB all of their props!!!

Also, I just noticed for the first time my youngest son in the background of this picture in the #3 jersey saying "is that really my sister and mom out there having soo much fun?"

http://www.texansbullpen.com/06photogallery/Season/2006-12-10-Tennessee-Houston/Fans/DSC_0028.JPG

gwallaia
08-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Pictured below is the 1947 Baltimore Colts Marching Band. I think the band plays on despite the fact that the Colts are in Indianapolis and the Ravens are in Baltimore.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/BCMB_47.jpg

Tedc
08-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Pictured below is the 1947 Baltimore Colts Marching Band. I think the band plays on despite the fact that the Colts are in Indianapolis and the Ravens are in Baltimore.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/BCMB_47.jpg

Wait a minute, Greg. This guy KNOWS football. There is nothing in history that can change that.

4x4Tahoe
08-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't think anything I've said has been curmudgeonly. This is where we come to discuss the aesthetics of the game rather than the physical playing of the game, correct? I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just promoting my idea which would easily improve our appearance as a first class organization. Do ya'll really get butt-hurt that easily?

DaGeneral, I don't think the "Pep Band" goofballs are anxiously awaiting my response, I suspect they've already posted in here. It appears that some of these bumpkins are a little nervous.

I've heard far more laughs/sneers/jokes/taunts directed at them in the stands and around Reliant than the praises they're receiving here. And I'm CERTAIN that's not a coincidence. It's obvious.

Specific examples aren't necessary for what I'm saying. Look at the demeanor of them as a group. If you want specifics, why don't you poll the fans as they leave the stadium who aren't actually affiliated with them. You might be surprised. My problem with them is that they are bush league. This is the NFL. We want to build a franchise that is viewed with respect. Having clowns on the front row is embarrassing.

And like I already said, I'm all for making game days fun for all ages. It's important to keep the experience "PG" rated for families. My wife and I have a 1 year old who we look forward to taking in a couple years. But I think we could come up with something else rather than these clowns.

It's obvious I barked up the wrong tree on this message board. I was not expecting to find the entire collection of fools that make up or "beloved Pep Band" on a single website. I'm sure you guys are great people and fans, but your act is bush league. And I don't want a bush league team, I want a NFL team.

4x4Tahoe
08-13-2007, 10:50 PM
One more thing... Since ya'll are so wonderful and "pump" up the crowd and players so much, I suggest we get ya'll behind the Texans bench, and away from the visiting team's bench (and specifically away from me and Sec 123!!!) You wouldn't want to pump up the opposing team would you?

Specnatz
08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
I don't think anything I've said has been curmudgeonly. This is where we come to discuss the aesthetics of the game rather than the physical playing of the game, correct? I'm not looking for a fight, I'm just promoting my idea which would easily improve our appearance as a first class organization. Do ya'll really get butt-hurt that easily?

DaGeneral, I don't think the "Pep Band" goofballs are anxiously awaiting my response, I suspect they've already posted in here. It appears that some of these bumpkins are a little nervous.

I've heard far more laughs/sneers/jokes/taunts directed at them in the stands and around Reliant than the praises they're receiving here. And I'm CERTAIN that's not a coincidence. It's obvious.

Specific examples aren't necessary for what I'm saying. Look at the demeanor of them as a group. If you want specifics, why don't you poll the fans as they leave the stadium who aren't actually affiliated with them. You might be surprised. My problem with them is that they are bush league. This is the NFL. We want to build a franchise that is viewed with respect. Having clowns on the front row is embarrassing.

And like I already said, I'm all for making game days fun for all ages. It's important to keep the experience "PG" rated for families. My wife and I have a 1 year old who we look forward to taking in a couple years. But I think we could come up with something else rather than these clowns.

It's obvious I barked up the wrong tree on this message board. I was not expecting to find the entire collection of fools that make up or "beloved Pep Band" on a single website. I'm sure you guys are great people and fans, but your act is bush league. And I don't want a bush league team, I want a NFL team.

Actually you are posting in the tailgating section, which has nothing to do with the game and the players what so ever.

I.E. There is a thread about cooking and receipes.

You do not like them fine we get that. But you talk about being a class organization, and yet you call them names like a 4 year old. Is that showing the class in which you speak of. When you say bush league, I think of the Bengals not the Texans who do everything they can to have stand up players and fun things for all age groups. Not some place where you would not want to take your kids like the dawg pound or raiders game.

I am extremely offended in how you have insulted people you have never met or even talked to. To be 100% honest you sorry excuse for a Texans fan you are lucky I am not a mod because of your insults I would ban your isp. This place is about respect and being cutious, which you have shown none of. Personnaly I hope you don't want to be around because I damn sure do not want you around, because you are exactly what I do not want in a fan base. Lack of respect for anyone who does not share your view point.

If I have offended anyone with my harsh comments, but damn it I am so sick and tired of people not being to say they dislike something without being an ass about it.

BullPenPhotos
08-13-2007, 10:58 PM
One more thing... Since ya'll are so wonderful and "pump" up the crowd and players so much, I suggest we get ya'll behind the Texans bench, and away from the visiting team's bench (and specifically away from me and Sec 123!!!) You wouldn't want to pump up the opposing team would you?

While since you know SO MUCH about football I am sure that you would understand that on the home team side is where all of the main camera setups are to include the camera carts and unless the stadium is not a football stadium (which Reliant is) it doesn't have that much space on that side.

But since you are A HUGE FOOTBALL fan...Why don't you move your seats over to the Texan's side? That way you can give Gary Kubiak some help with play calling...

Oh...And just to let you know...I am not in the band...I just take pics of the games...

4x4Tahoe
08-13-2007, 11:10 PM
To be 100% honest you sorry excuse for a Texans fan you are lucky I am not a mod because of your insults I would ban your isp. This place is about respect and being cutious, which you have shown none of. Personnaly I hope you don't want to be around because I damn sure do not want you around, because you are exactly what I do not want in a fan base. Lack of respect for anyone who does not share your view point.

If I have offended anyone with my harsh comments, but damn it I am so sick and tired of people not being to say they dislike something without being an ass about it.

LOL. Sorry chief, I don't sugar coat things in hopes not to hurt anyones' feelings. Then again, I didn't call anyone out specifically. You just did. I'm not offended, that is life. Speech is free in this country and you're entitled not only your opinion, but the right to communicate that opinion. It is my opinion that this band is pitiful. To censor that is no better than- I won't get in to politics. But even if you did "ban my IP"... this is the internet. Grow up bud.

I'm a sorry excuse for a Texans fan because I want us to succeed on the field while obtaining a stigma of class off the field??? I think you're a sorry excuse for a fan because you're looking out for your band buddies instead of opening your eyes and wanting what's best for the organization.

Perhaps I'll put my Kinesiology/Sports Psychology degree to use with the Texans organization, and rid ourselves from your goofy bandmates. I have a buddy interning with them right now who has told me that I am not the only one who has contacted them with their displeasure for the "Pep Band"......

because I can
08-13-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm tired of this banter, but I love seeing all the positive responses. Thanks guys.

4x4Tahoe
08-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Ya know, I didn't really have a huge problem with you until you started seriously bad mouthing us. I don't appreciate being called a "goofball" and a bumpkin. I take your post extremely seriously now that you have laid out your views of our inadequacies as a band and as people in general. You don't even know us yet you criticize our personalities and our playing abilities. You have thrown down the gauntlet!

Well, act like a man instead of a clown. Tell your buddies to do the same. Problem solved.

Kaiser Toro
08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
When you have a young man with a hurt pee-pee it may because someone stole his favorite pair of roller skates and unitard. The estrogen and testosterone battle boiling inside his system is enough to make anyone go a little crazy. Some people get set off by overpaid players, but this is the first time I have seen anyone take a crack at the band. May the ghost of Jake and Elwood Blues dance on your virtual grave to the Bull Pen Pep Band's cover of 99 Luft Balloons and Blame it on the Rain.

Spelling y'all in the Oklahoman dialect, ya'll, on this board, will curry no favor with those that bleed Battle Red either.

El Toro Rojo
08-14-2007, 05:59 AM
I’ve read Texans Talk for a long time and have never posted or even registered but I couldn’t let this thread go. Give it up to the guy who thinks the “pep band” is a joke! He speaks for a large segment of the season ticket holders. Casserly = Capers = Carr = “pep band” = “first down Texans!”. We got rid of the embarrassment in the front office, the boneheads on the sidelines, the quarterback who would rather be skateboarding in California – and now we have GOT to get rid of the bush league game time foolishness that entire braintrust saddled us with. Having a silly second rate goober band is embarrassing. I’m sure they are good folks – nothing personal here, but let’s get real – Dallas, New England, Chicago, Pittsburg and real NFL franchises don’t submit their real football fans to foolish musical hacks providing “pep”. The few minutes the “peppers” gave us at halftime Saturday dragged on longer than the 45 minutes of misery the Clear Lake high band gives us every Friday night in November! And the comments about chanting “first down Texans” were right on the mark too. It’s weak. Why would any sophisticated NFL fan scream this line? Let’s scream for touchdowns, wins, great plays and NFL championships. But “first downs”? Come on folks. What we really need is a bozo who runs out and picks up the kicking tee during kickoffs and roles around the field to the sideline? Oh wait, we did that already last time… Hey, lets yell the last names of the players as they are introduced – oh wait, we already do that (total bush league). Bud Adams has got to be laughing his toupee off!

I read every reply to this guy’s original comments and if anyone wants to know the screenames of the entire peppy band just take a look – what a bunch of band geeks!

Thank goodness I sit on the home side away from the pep band and I’ll be the guy screaming for touchdowns – not first downs.

Tedc
08-14-2007, 06:12 AM
4X4, you need some school'in......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGo9Xe5dPos

Tedc
08-14-2007, 06:16 AM
When someone post under different names and is only here to bad mouth posters, it is clear that we have a cowboys troll in the midst.

Tedc
08-14-2007, 06:56 AM
I’m sure they are good folks – nothing personal here, but let’s get real – Dallas, New England, Chicago, Pittsburg and real NFL franchises don’t submit their real football fans to foolish musical hacks providing “pep”.

Oh, really?

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/TheCard/fight.html

Runner
08-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be part of this board when posters feel they must hack out a new thread when there is one on the same subject already in existence at the top of the page. It's pretty bush league. I wonder what visitors from other message boards think of such actions.

Yankee_In_TX
08-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Maybe this IS the same person that wanted the cheerleaders banned? Because that person on the main board starting creating new screen names to support him or herself, much like this user just did. I still don't understand why you all are replying to him/her - just a troll looking for attention.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 09:23 AM

Great TC... At 22 y/o, I didn't even know what curmudgeon meant....

Anyway.... To our 4x4Tahoe buddy. Most everyone here is very knowledgeable about football and many of us have been PSL and season ticket holders since you were in high school... So, in conclusion, you are right. This board isn't for you...

Thanks for playing though....

the wonger need food
08-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Perhaps I'll put my Kinesiology/Sports Psychology degree to use with the Texans organization

All it takes is a P.E. degree to KNOW football these days???

Yankee_In_TX
08-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Great TC... At 22 y/o, I didn't even know what curmudgeon meant....

Anyway.... To our 4x4Tahoe buddy. Most everyone here is very knowledgeable about football and many of us have been PSL and season ticket holders since you were in high school... So, in conclusion, you are right. This board isn't for you...

Thanks for playing though....

At 28 I still don't! :cool:

Twitch-Houston
08-14-2007, 12:17 PM

There most certainly is when translated in 80's metal:

Huzton Texxinz :jam:

Double Barrel
08-14-2007, 12:45 PM

I'm not sure how classy it is to publicly denigrate a bunch of hard working people because they aren't serious enough for you, the serious football fan.

It is quite possible to love and know football, but also understand that it is also entertainment and is supposed to be fun. Football talk is found in the main forum, not the tailgate forum.

This made me think of an idea for Miller Lite commercial:

This is for you, Mr. Serious Football Fan.

When other so-called 'fans' are tailgating, laughing, eating, and generally having a good time before the game, you continue to watch game film of the next three weeks' of opponents in order that you may still know more than the head coach.

Mr. Serious Football Fan.....don't let your head explode

While other so-called 'fans' paint their faces, wear silly outfits festooned with team colors, and adorn themselves with outlandish hats, you can't be bothered with such tomfoolery. Your clipboard and scowl will reveal the seriousness of your football knowledge.

Mr. Serious Football Fan....you should be working for the front office.

Other so-called 'fans' enjoy the stadium atmosphere, the television timeouts being opportunities to grab a bite to eat, use the bathroom, watch cheerleaders, and yes, even tap a foot to the local 'pep band', you have already taken the liberty to bring a drip I.V. and a catheter so you don't have to leave your seat...just in case the offensive coordinator is lost and looks towards your seat with hopes of enlightening football knowledge falling from the heavens like mana.

Mr. Serious Football Fan....you are the next NFL commissioner!

Please, your finite time on this planet is wasted in such a pointless exercise of discussing stadium entertainment. This fanbase needs you in the main section, to impart your serious football knowledge upon the plebes and to elevate our collective understanding of the game.

Only then will we have the perspective to comprehend the nature of your complaints. After all, we're just a bunch of dumb bumpkins that are only looking for opportunities to get wasted at a public event.

I wish we were all Mr. Serious Football Fans, because that's what wins the Super Bowl.

:texflag:

swtbound07
08-14-2007, 12:52 PM
he also insulted the clear lake high band. Its a sad day when even I think that you are being a little too bitter.

swtbound07
08-14-2007, 12:59 PM
oh, and in case it needs saying, BPPB rocks. You guys do a great thing...keep providing us entertainment. We enjoy it...in spite of what one c-muppet thinks.

Vinny
08-14-2007, 01:01 PM
When someone post under different names and is only here to bad mouth posters, it is clear that we have a cowboys troll in the midst.
dude probably is probably just a plain old fashioned troll posting to stir something up...I disabled large chunks of his account and can only lurk in the tailgate forum for now...frankly, he can only see this forum if he logs out. He can come back in if he can participate without insulting people directly and overtly. I'll enable his account again if he just chills out.....but personally, I think he came in with an agenda...and isn't really interested in "texans talk". It's up to him if he wants back in to this thread...we'll see.

He has a unique IP....don't seem like an old poster/fan. I've been running one Texan board or another for a long time....haven't seen him to my knowledge.

Mean Machine
08-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Don't mess with our Bull Pen Band!
We totally love it when the Band comes out to the Blue Lot and plays for the tailagters, talk about gettign you pumped up! On 610 just the other day, somebodyy called in about hearing a local high schools drum corps firing off, getting the blood pumping!
GO BAND!

Also, the "That's another Texans ...FIRST DOWN!" well, we went to Kansas City 3 years ago, and the entire Arrowhead Stadium with the exception of us 4 texans fans did it after every Chiefs first down...very impressive. I hope we get to that point someday soon in the Power House.

Texan_Lee
08-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Let me see if I can put this as simple as possible... Football is a game, games were formed to be competative as well as for fun. It doesn't matter what sport it is, and you can be raked the best team in the world, you can still have fun playing the game as well as watching it. Be honest with us, have you ever been to another professional football game (and no, I don't mean Dallas, I said a professional football game)? What you see on TV doesn't reveal the other team's wacky traditions, which most of them do have.

First, I pitty you, as this takes it to a different level of watching a game, it reflects the kind of lifestyle and personality you have. It seems you are the kind of person who has to take everything as serious as it can be. That's no way to live a life... I lost someone dear to me because they took everything to the extreme without relaxing and having fun. If it wasn't for having fun in life, I probably wouldn't live that long myself.

Here's something to think about... if it wasn't for people in the past having any fun in their lives, games would probably have never been invented, which includes football.

Secondly, you made your comment that you don't like the band, and you think they are a bunch of clowns. You noticed the response from the fans on this board in regards to your thoughts... i hope you realize a majority of the people here disagree with you, and the more you try to argue your point, the more negativity there is going to be against you.

My suggestion to you is to just move on, live your life how you see fit, just don't expect a warm fuzzy from the folks on this message board who don't see things as you do. Maybe someday you will experience fun in your life and realize you don't have to take everything so seriously.

God luck, and bye-bye!

Speedy
08-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Specific examples aren't necessary for what I'm saying. Look at the demeanor of them as a group. If you want specifics, why don't you poll the fans as they leave the stadium who aren't actually affiliated with them.

Let's just get it straight first of all. I am NOT a member, nor do I have relatives or know anybody in the band.

You're the one who started the thread complaining about them yet when asked 5, 6, a dozen times, what it is they've done that's so shameful to the organization, you don't answer. Just some BS about them being clowns, why don't we ask fans. YOU STARTED THE THREAD!! Why should WE have to ask anybody? Besides, judging by the respones in this thread, it looks like the fans have responded as far as I can see, so *poof* goes that little theory.

As I said before, you don't like the band, you've made it known, now deal with it 'cause they ain't going anywhere any time soon.

Double Barrel
08-14-2007, 02:38 PM
You know what? Actual clowns would be kinda' cool at the football game, come to think of it.

Especially if they were evil clowns....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ac/Pennywiseclown.JPG

Khari
08-14-2007, 02:39 PM
You know what? Actual clowns would be kinda' cool at the football game, come to think of it.

they are sitting on your side of the field

powerfuldragon
08-14-2007, 02:41 PM

dude. that's terrifying.

hobie
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Evil Clowns running around on the field with the flags after every score, now that would be tight !!

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 02:44 PM

No clowns DB.... They are on my "creepy" list!!!

Double Barrel
08-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Evil Clowns running around on the field with the flags after every score, now that would be tight !!

That's what I'm talkin' about!

http://data1.blog.de/blog/p/plasticine/img/8140-Evil-Clowns.jpg

No clowns DB.... They are on my "creepy" list!!!

Not you, Cosmo Kramer!!!! :eek:

Specnatz
08-14-2007, 02:57 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about!

http://data1.blog.de/blog/p/plasticine/img/8140-Evil-Clowns.jpg

Not you, Cosmo Kramer!!!! :eek:

Now that is funny.

Texan_Lee
08-14-2007, 03:07 PM
TexanLee, since Vinny cast him adrift, Tahoe can't answer either of us. Oh well.

Yea, I posted before reading... idonno:

Hey Vinny, Thanks from most, if not all of us!

Lucky
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
This might be a tad off topic, but I'd like to request the Pep Band play the Houston Texans fight song that never quite made it. I hated it played over the loud speakers, but I think it would be great from the band.

Houston Texans - Red White & Blue
Houston Texans - We Cheer for You
Houston Texans - Living the Dream
We Are Texas' Team

T-E-X-A-N-S
Texans - Texans - Texans

Come on, for ol' times sake!

Yankee_In_TX
08-14-2007, 04:42 PM
(CLASSIC flick)
http://static.flickr.com/78/204461821_2c8169d2e0.jpg

Shaft75
08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Best movie ever...

Killer Clowns from Outer Space

Worst thread ever...

Pep Band = Embarassment

I will just let everyone know that I have a 4x4 Tahoe and we enjoy the Pep Band.

Shaft75
08-14-2007, 04:48 PM
(CLASSIC flick)
http://static.flickr.com/78/204461821_2c8169d2e0.jpg

You beat me to it!

Gotta love the cotton candy cocoons... Check your local channel 20 listings.

JohnsonFan
08-14-2007, 10:16 PM
i think the bands interesting, they are for sure not embarrassing those guys get to go to games for free for playing music every few downs, thats cool!

StarStruck
08-14-2007, 10:47 PM
I have always enjoyed hearing and watching the pep band. I actually hated when they moved from the Bull Pen area to the sidelines. They have provided entertainment in the parking lots as well as the food court area after the game and they are a fun group.

Even though there isn't a lot of time at half-time, I would like to see some of the local high schools and colleges perform. It would give some who otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to see the team live and up close while providing additional entertainment for the fans. I haven't found kicking 50-yard field goals to win a house to be very entertaining.

JohnsonFan
08-14-2007, 10:50 PM
like the astros do, i know alot of bands go and play at the games

Da_General
08-15-2007, 12:53 AM
I've been waiting for this thread to die down a bit before addressing certain points, and even though the thread-originator may or may not ever see them, I figured I'd address them anyway just to get them off my chest.

First off, for anyone that DOESN'T know, I am a member of the BPPB, have been since Day One. While I may not know as much detail on football as many people who post here, that doesn't diminish my love for the sport. Not every fan knows every thing going on at all times. I don't think that makes me any less of a fan. And I'm still learning.

Now, to address his points.

Name calling: The BPPB was called a "true embarrassment", "a joke", "Clowns", "Bush league", and "goofy".

Nice stuff. I have no response to these statements, other than to say I found them entertaining.

Behaviors cited: We have "goofy behavior", "a bunch of goofy middle aged men acting like buffoons", "They act like clowns because, well, that's exactly what they are... CLOWNS.", "foolishness", and "the demeanor of the members."

More nice stuff. I'm not sure exactly what any of it means, since there were no examples cited. I'm still quite entertained.

Insults. I must address these individually:
"Every Houston area high school would be embarrassed to have them on the sidelines on a Friday night." Why? Have you actually ever watched a HS band in the stands at a game? Do you expect them to sit calmly with their hands folded on their laps, whispering quietly to their neighbors and clapping politely?

"If ya'll like goofiness, perhaps you would feel more at home at halftime during Rice home games.... At least they have talent."

And what instrument(s) can YOU play, Mr. Expert? If you're such a great critic of our abilities as musicians, why not try out for the band and take one of our spots? Hmm? I noticed you cited your Kinesiology degree. Do you also have a Music degree? I have one. So do most of the members of the BPPB. Many of us give up higher paying gigs to do what we do on gamedays. As for the part about comparing us to the Rice Band, I haven't heard them in about 20 years (back when this middle-aged buffoon was in college), but from what I remember, they had some talented players who had fun doing what they were doing. I don't have anything to base it on, so I will not insult the Rice Band members by trying to draw comparisons. Besides, we're a PEP band, not a MARCHING band. Apples and oranges.

"DaGeneral, I don't think the "Pep Band" goofballs are anxiously awaiting my response, I suspect they've already posted in here. It appears that some of these bumpkins are a little nervous."

To my knowledge, only 2 of us have posted here. The majority of the people who've responded to this thread are just regular Texans fans. And yes, many (not all) of them are my friends. Friends I wouldn't have ever met if it hadn't been for the Texans and this message board and the sweet gig I found 5 years ago playing at Texans games. But when this thread appeared, I emailed a link for it to the entire BPPB so they could see what people say about them. They're not NERVOUS, they're curious. If somebody started a thread entitled "4x4 Tahoe = Embarrassment", you'd read it too.

"My problem with them is that they are bush league." Bush league is a slang term meaning "not of the highest quality or sophistication". Ok...it's a FOOTBALL GAME! WHAT DO YOU WANT? THE FREAKING HOUSTON SYMPHONY??? Hey, nobody is more aware of the mistakes we make than we are. Nobody ever claimed we were PERFECT, but geez dude...see my above comments about musical talent. Me personally, I've been playing an instrument for over 30 years, and many of the guys and girls have been playing even longer. If you want to talk ability, I can assure you that virtually every person in that band could walk into any band room in the state and instantly become the top player on their instrument. There are no slackers in that group as far as ability. But even still, we all make mistakes. Peyton Manning is arguably the best QB in the league, but he still throws interceptions once in a while. With one exception, every NFL team loses games every year. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find better musicians in this town to replace anyone of the BPPB members.

"It is my opinion that this band is pitiful." Ok, fine it's your opinion and I respect that. I don't AGREE with it one bit.

"Well, act like a man instead of a clown. Tell your buddies to do the same. Problem solved." I had to include this one, because the person he responded to was a WOman.

"what a bunch of band geeks!" Actually, if this is supposed to be some sort of insult, I don't quite get it. Maybe I am one of these "band geeks". So what? What is this, the movie Revenge of the Nerds? Is your little name-calling supposed to make me crawl away and hide my head in shame? Sorry dude, it doesn't work like that.

"The few minutes the “peppers” gave us at halftime Saturday dragged on longer than the 45 minutes of misery the Clear Lake high band gives us every Friday night in November!" Not having seen Clear Lake HS Band in a long time, I can't quite argue with this. See below for comments on the halftime performance.

RESPONSES TO SOME COMMENTS FROM OTHER PEOPLE
(Silver Oak): I don't find them to be an embarrasment other than the fact they play out of tune, but I'm sure other teams bands comprised of fans are generally no better.

Agreed. The tuning issues should be addressed more. A lot of it comes from the changes in temperature from outside to inside, the long waits in between playing, and general lack of attention to detail. This problem will get fully addressed, and you should hear some improvement in that category.

(Disaaks3): The band's halftime performances are another thing....it isn't Lamar's fault, but somebody REALLY needs to learn how to mike the band properly. Over the past two seasons I've heard "Thus Spake Zarathustra" & now "YMCA" (two VERY recognizable songs) come out of the speakers so weakly that I couldn't have told you what the tune was with a gun to my head.

I'm not sure why, but we only had 4 mikes on the field for halftime last week. We tried to strategically place them, but it's really a big guessing game.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state what is MY opinion, and mine ONLY. I'm not a fan of playing on the field. It's not the type of band that we are. We are at our best out in the lots, getting that close personal interaction thing going. And to have the punter come out and kick through us like what happened last season really made it kind of the last straw for me. I do it because I'm a team player, and if they say we're doing it I don't question. But I don't like it, and I think it diminishes our band every time we do it. Lamar is aware of my opinion.

(Double Barrel): I wish they would mike the band better, though. Going from pre-recorded music to the band is a big dropoff. With the kind of money the franchise has to put on these events, they need to get a sound engineer that understands the concept of miking a live band for a PA system.

Same topic as the last one. We HAVE a great mic system, and the sound engineer understands. The problem is probably more related to how much time we have than anything else. 5 minutes to get out there, set up, play, and get off the field. Just another reason I don't care for doing it, but I'm not a decision-maker on these sorts of things.

Well, if you've read all this, I hope you understand where we're coming from. Or at least where I'M coming from.

My thanks to everyone who has supported what we do, whether it's here or out in the lots or anywhere around the stadium on gamedays. We're really just a bunch of football fans that happen to have a talent that gives us the chance to experience NFL football games live on our somewhat limited teacher's salaries. We have fun, we horse around, we cheer, we're excited when we do well, and disappointed when we do poorly. If our actions offend you, try to realize that we're just regular people too. There are many people who I don't care for (even some at Texans games!), but I don't go onto message boards calling them names. See if you can manage to do the same. You never know, you might actually find that we're some pretty decent people.

WOW, my hands are tired!

JohnsonFan
08-15-2007, 01:22 AM
I've been waiting for this thread to die down a bit before addressing certain points, and even though the thread-originator may or may not ever see them, I figured I'd address them anyway just to get them off my chest.

First off, for anyone that DOESN'T know, I am a member of the BPPB, have been since Day One. While I may not know as much detail on football as many people who post here, that doesn't diminish my love for the sport. Not every fan knows every thing going on at all times. I don't think that makes me any less of a fan. And I'm still learning.

Name calling: The BPPB was called a "true embarrassment", "a joke", "Clowns", "Bush league", and "goofy".

Nice stuff. I have no response to these statements, other than to say I found them entertaining.

Behaviors cited: We have "goofy behavior", "a bunch of goofy middle aged men acting like buffoons", "They act like clowns because, well, that's exactly what they are... CLOWNS.", "foolishness", and "the demeanor of the members."

More nice stuff. I'm not sure exactly what any of it means, since there were no examples cited. I'm still quite entertained.

"Every Houston area high school would be embarrassed to have them on the sidelines on a Friday night." Why? Have you actually ever watched a HS band in the stands at a game? Do you expect them to sit calmly with their hands folded on their laps, whispering quietly to their neighbors and clapping politely?

"If ya'll like goofiness, perhaps you would feel more at home at halftime during Rice home games.... At least they have talent."

And what instrument(s) can YOU play, Mr. Expert? If you're such a great critic of our abilities as musicians, why not try out for the band and take one of our spots? Hmm? I noticed you cited your Kinesiology degree. Do you also have a Music degree? I have one. So do most of the members of the BPPB. Many of us give up higher paying gigs to do what we do on gamedays. As for the part about comparing us to the Rice Band, I haven't heard them in about 20 years (back when this middle-aged buffoon was in college), but from what I remember, they had some talented players who had fun doing what they were doing. I don't have anything to base it on, so I will not insult the Rice Band members by trying to draw comparisons. Besides, we're a PEP band, not a MARCHING band. Apples and oranges.

"DaGeneral, I don't think the "Pep Band" goofballs are anxiously awaiting my response, I suspect they've already posted in here. It appears that some of these bumpkins are a little nervous."

To my knowledge, only 2 of us have posted here. The majority of the people who've responded to this thread are just regular Texans fans. And yes, many (not all) of them are my friends. Friends I wouldn't have ever met if it hadn't been for the Texans and this message board and the sweet gig I found 5 years ago playing at Texans games. But when this thread appeared, I emailed a link for it to the entire BPPB so they could see what people say about them. They're not NERVOUS, they're curious. If somebody started a thread entitled "4x4 Tahoe = Embarrassment", you'd read it too.

"My problem with them is that they are bush league." Bush league is a slang term meaning "not of the highest quality or sophistication". Ok...it's a FOOTBALL GAME! WHAT DO YOU WANT? THE FREAKING HOUSTON SYMPHONY??? Hey, nobody is more aware of the mistakes we make than we are. Nobody ever claimed we were PERFECT, but geez dude...see my above comments about musical talent. Me personally, I've been playing an instrument for over 30 years, and many of the guys and girls have been playing even longer. If you want to talk ability, I can assure you that virtually every person in that band could walk into any band room in the state and instantly become the top player on their instrument. There are no slackers in that group as far as ability. But even still, we all make mistakes. Peyton Manning is arguably the best QB in the league, but he still throws interceptions once in a while. With one exception, every NFL team loses games every year. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find better musicians in this town to replace anyone of the BPPB members.

"It is my opinion that this band is pitiful." Ok, fine it's your opinion and I respect that. I don't AGREE with it one bit.

"Well, act like a man instead of a clown. Tell your buddies to do the same. Problem solved." I had to include this one, because the person he responded to was a WOman.

"what a bunch of band geeks!" Actually, if this is supposed to be some sort of insult, I don't quite get it. Maybe I am one of these "band geeks". So what? What is this, the movie Revenge of the Nerds? Is your little name-calling supposed to make me crawl away and hide my head in shame? Sorry dude, it doesn't work like that.

"The few minutes the “peppers” gave us at halftime Saturday dragged on longer than the 45 minutes of misery the Clear Lake high band gives us every Friday night in November!" Not having seen Clear Lake HS Band in a long time, I can't quite argue with this. See below for comments on the halftime performance.

(Silver Oak): I don't find them to be an embarrasment other than the fact they play out of tune, but I'm sure other teams bands comprised of fans are generally no better.

Agreed. The tuning issues should be addressed more. A lot of it comes from the changes in temperature from outside to inside, the long waits in between playing, and general lack of attention to detail. This problem will get fully addressed, and you should hear some improvement in that category.

(Disaaks3): The band's halftime performances are another thing....it isn't Lamar's fault, but somebody REALLY needs to learn how to mike the band properly. Over the past two seasons I've heard "Thus Spake Zarathustra" & now "YMCA" (two VERY recognizable songs) come out of the speakers so weakly that I couldn't have told you what the tune was with a gun to my head.

I'm not sure why, but we only had 4 mikes on the field for halftime last week. We tried to strategically place them, but it's really a big guessing game.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state what is MY opinion, and mine ONLY. I'm not a fan of playing on the field. It's not the type of band that we are. We are at our best out in the lots, getting that close personal interaction thing going. And to have the punter come out and kick through us like what happened last season really made it kind of the last straw for me. I do it because I'm a team player, and if they say we're doing it I don't question. But I don't like it, and I think it diminishes our band every time we do it. Lamar is aware of my opinion.

(Double Barrel): I wish they would mike the band better, though. Going from pre-recorded music to the band is a big dropoff. With the kind of money the franchise has to put on these events, they need to get a sound engineer that understands the concept of miking a live band for a PA system.

Same topic as the last one. We HAVE a great mic system, and the sound engineer understands. The problem is probably more related to how much time we have than anything else. 5 minutes to get out there, set up, play, and get off the field. Just another reason I don't care for doing it, but I'm not a decision-maker on these sorts of things.

Well, if you've read all this, I hope you understand where we're coming from. Or at least where I'M coming from.

My thanks to everyone who has supported what we do, whether it's here or out in the lots or anywhere around the stadium on gamedays. We're really just a bunch of football fans that happen to have a talent that gives us the chance to experience NFL football games live on our somewhat limited teacher's salaries. We have fun, we horse around, we cheer, we're excited when we do well, and disappointed when we do poorly. If our actions offend you, try to realize that we're just regular people too. There are many people who I don't care for (even some at Texans games!), but I don't go onto message boards calling them names. See if you can manage to do the same. You never know, you might actually find that we're some pretty decent people.

WOW, my hands are tired!

true dat i play saxaphone

swtbound07
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
I played trumpet in a pep band and marching band for 10 years (middle school, high school, college). I've played in the Alamo dome, the Astro Dome, Kyle Field....a lot of places, lets just put it like that. Its VERY hard, damn near impossible, to keep an instrument tuned going from your warm up area to the environment of a stadium. Metals expand and contract with temperature, and the tiniest vibrations have an effect on pitch and quality. As far as the halftime goes....there are very few things more difficult then walking and playing an instrument. Your airflow is different, your base is too, and it affects tonality. Couple that with low setup time, and its no wonder that things can't always sound great. In really large, field marching bands, your individual sound is always covered a bit, so you can afford to drop out in the middle of a song for a few seconds to readjust tuning on the fly, but in a pep band, you can't do that. Everybody is a vital leg to the metaphorical table. I just wanted to say thanks again to the BPPB, you do a great job, and I wish me and my Schilke could be out there with you every sunday.

Shaft75
08-15-2007, 09:42 AM

WOW, my hands are tired!

You guys do a great job. No need to let this guy get under your skin. I would say that 80% of us never play instruments or have been in a band. Keep up the good work.:fans:

HuttoKarl
08-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Tahoe = Embarrassment....

...and the Band played on.

Keep up the great work, BPPB.

Double Barrel
08-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Good post, Da General. :thumbup

I've talked with many fans - not forum or band members - the past day or so and ALL of them dig the pep band. I'd venture that the overwhelming majority of folks feel the same way. Don't let one guy steal your joy! You guys rock and we appreciate what you do for the tailgating and stadium atmosphere.

:texflag:

Texan_Lee
08-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it looks to me like we can drop this thread, and watch it fade to the back pages of the message board...

Vinny
08-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it looks to me like we can drop this thread, and watch it fade to the back pages of the message board...

I told him he could come back if he would drop the insults...but he just insulted me when I asked him...so...well, :heart:

ps he started the same thread but with more insults at houstontexans.com...I kicked im out over there too. He complained to high heaven about me...I'm currently dealing with the situation with the corporate comrades now.

Texan_Lee
08-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I told him he could come back if he would drop the insults...but he just insulted me when I asked him...so...well, :heart:

ps he started the same thread but with more insults at houstontexans.com...I kicked im out over there too. He complained to high heaven about me...I'm currently dealing with the situation with the corporate comrades now.
Dang, some people just don't know when to quit, do they?

Specnatz
08-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I bet that shocked him that Vinny is God of the Texans boards and he got the boot in both places haha.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/Comp-foot.gif

The powers that be probably want to cave because they do not want to upset even one fan and that is just wrong. They should let those here who have made their feelings known about what we think of this turd and how highly the band is regarded.

Vinny
08-15-2007, 02:05 PM
The Texans are usually don't want trolls who insult the cheerleaders or the band or the members....or anyone who is connected with the org....it's just that most every time someone like this complains they lie about how I deal with them.

I think I've been fair with him....my only stip for this guy was to post without insulting people...that has been too much for him.

HOU-TEX
08-15-2007, 02:55 PM
I just don't understand how a band at a football game could be embarrassing. He also went to the extreme of bashing on a High School band. I go to every Pearland game that is at home or around the area (ClearLake is in our district) and I have to say the band makes the football atmoshere electric.

I do not sit near the band, but I damn sure would if the wife would let me spend the money to upgrade.

Off with his head! :pirate:

JohnsonFan
08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
i think the band in fun to listen to at the games

Vinny
08-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Vinny,

Have you linked headquarters to THIS thread so they can see what the response was?

Just curious.personally, I don't think this is a big issue...one voice of a fan who has never posted anything but insults....then complains that I'm unfair after I told him he could post as long as he wasn't insulting anyone. He doesn't have much ground to stand on....so I ain't gonna worry about him after...about....right now.

because I can
08-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Big hug to everyone out there (except 'he who must not be named'). You're the best fans EVER!!!

SheTexan
08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
personally, I don't think this is a big issue...one voice of a fan who has never posted anything but insults....then complains that I'm unfair after I told him he could post as long as he wasn't insulting anyone. He doesn't have much ground to stand on....so I ain't gonna worry about him after...about....right now.

Me either Vinny!! Unfortunately, the Texans have trolls also.

Speaking of bands though. Reading this guys insults about bands brought back memories of the old Oiler days when High School or College bands had seats right on the sideline, played before the game and at halftime. GREAT music, terrific kids who would NEVER have gotten to see a professional football game if not for that opportunity. Personally, I miss entertainment like that. Remember OCEAN OF SOUL?? Fans actually stayed in their seats at halftime to watch that band!! Good memories!!

tsip
08-15-2007, 06:12 PM
The Texans are usually don't want trolls who insult the cheerleaders or the band or the members....or anyone who is connected with the org....it's just that most every time someone like this complains they lie about how I deal with them.

I think I've been fair with him....my only stip for this guy was to post without insulting people...that has been too much for him.

I'm with you, Vinny. That guy doesn't have a clue. The 'whole' experience of going to an NFL game is an attempt to satisfy a lot of different taste--usually, if someone doesn't like something, they go a 'few' feet away...see/ hear whatever..

...now, these trolls that won't post on the Panthers board, that's strange...

Texan Asylum
08-15-2007, 06:29 PM
personally, I don't think this is a big issue...so I ain't gonna worry about him after...about....right now.

Sounds like Vin just pushed his "EASY" button! :cool:

tsip
08-15-2007, 08:41 PM

Speaking of bands though. Reading this guys insults about bands brought back memories of the old Oiler days when High School or College bands had seats right on the sideline, played before the game and at halftime. GREAT music, terrific kids who would NEVER have gotten to see a professional football game if not for that opportunity. Personally, I miss entertainment like that. Remember OCEAN OF SOUL?? Fans actually stayed in their seats at halftime to watch that band!! Good memories!!

...nice memory-bands and fans enjoyed the shows--ask McNair to bring them back

StarStruck
08-15-2007, 10:10 PM

I remember those Oiler days as well as the Ocean of Soul. The Ocean is stilll very entertaining although I am partial to Prairie View's Marching Storm. One of my best memories in the Dome was a night game with the Oilers against Buffalo. Thurman Thomas was the Bills running back and his former high school band, Willowridge, did the pregame and half time show. That evening, Barbara Tucker sang God Bless America in soprano that could break glasses, and a high spirited show that I wish I had a tape. Best of all, the Oilers won the game.

Back in those days, the Oilers always invited local bands to play at halftime. I have a picture on a plaque of the Willowridge Eagle band in the form of the State of Texas in the Astrodome. I believe it was their last performance before the Oilers left.

At any rate, the poster was unreasonably rude, and if he didn't care to tone down the offense to a mere differing of opinion, then the change is welcome.

JohnsonFan
08-15-2007, 10:17 PM
i personally think this thread should be closed .. just my opinion :heart:

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2007, 10:27 PM
LOL. Sorry chief, I don't sugar coat things in hopes not to hurt anyones' feelings. Then again, I didn't call anyone out specifically. You just did. I'm not offended, that is life. Speech is free in this country and you're entitled not only your opinion, but the right to communicate that opinion. It is my opinion that this band is pitiful. To censor that is no better than- I won't get in to politics. But even if you did "ban my IP"... this is the internet. Grow up bud.

I'm a sorry excuse for a Texans fan because I want us to succeed on the field while obtaining a stigma of class off the field??? I think you're a sorry excuse for a fan because you're looking out for your band buddies instead of opening your eyes and wanting what's best for the organization.

Perhaps I'll put my Kinesiology/Sports Psychology degree to use with the Texans organization, and rid ourselves from your goofy bandmates. I have a buddy interning with them right now who has told me that I am not the only one who has contacted them with their displeasure for the "Pep Band"......

And you guys blamed it on Carr .

TexanSam
08-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Tahoe is complaining about the band again on the other message board. He even takes a little potshot at this board. Oh well. Some people are never happy.

gary
08-15-2007, 11:29 PM
I will be brief and to the point. The Pep Band is great and they work hard. If someone doesn't like them then don't go to our games. We are lucky to have the band.:fans: :fans: :fans: :fans:

Double Barrel
08-16-2007, 12:16 PM
We've got people representing every lot in this forum. Before the Texans FO gets the idea that fans don't want the pep band because of one squeaky wheel, I say we start petitions of support for the band. It just needs to be something simple, and we can take the combined petitions from all lots and send them to the FO together.

Regular tailgaters represent a mighty aspect of the fanbase, because these are the hardcore fans who have stuck with the team through five years of futility. I think our voices need to be heard, as well. The band is worth the effort, IMO, and it's the least we can do after all the work that they've put into it all these years.

Tedc
08-16-2007, 08:50 PM
We've got people representing every lot in this forum. Before the Texans FO gets the idea that fans don't want the pep band because of one squeaky wheel, I say we start petitions of support for the band. It just needs to be something simple, and we can take the combined petitions from all lots and send them to the FO together.

Regular tailgaters represent a mighty aspect of the fanbase, because these are the hardcore fans who have stuck with the team through five years of futility. I think our voices need to be heard, as well. The band is worth the effort, IMO, and it's the least we can do after all the work that they've put into it all these years.

I will sign it!!

BTW, the guy who shall remain nameless gave me a negative rep!!

JohnsonFan
08-16-2007, 08:54 PM
neg rep! omg :wild:

Da_General
08-16-2007, 09:57 PM
I will sign it!!

BTW, the guy who shall remain nameless gave me a negative rep!!

David Carr gave you a negative rep? MAN, that is BAD!
:gun:

Time to let this thread die, imho.