PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Bench

Texans_Chick
08-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey, here's a blog entry with various observations of a football sort and otherwise of the game last night:

Texans-Bears: Behind the Houston Bench (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/12/texans-bears-behind-the-houston-bench/)

I put a lot of stuff in there, but if you have any questions about anything sidelines, I'll try to answer them. Cornerbacks, linebackers and defensive ends mostly sat on our side of the benches. Though at various points, we had just about all the players over there.

I forgot to mention, though they had the oxygen next to the defensive linemen, Travis Johnson did not suck oxygen after his semi-river dance non-TD.

dickieb
08-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Unfortunately after the TJ TD that wasn't, he took the next play off which gave them another 1st down. Instead of attacking the O-line he stayed back and watched the play. I know he is a big dude and was tired but it looked pathetic, if you're not going to give an attempt at least take yourself out and let someone else go in for a couple of plays while you catch your breath.

GP
08-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately after the TJ TD that wasn't, he took the next play off which gave them another 1st down. Instead of attacking the O-line he stayed back and watched the play. I know he is a big dude and was tired but it looked pathetic, if you're not going to give an attempt at least take yourself out and let someone else go in for a couple of plays while you catch your breath.

AMEN!

I screamed at the TV as it was happening.

It was like watching a train wreck in slow motion: "Goooooooo! Goooooooooooo!"

I am absolutely incapable of adequately stating my disgust after seeing that particular sequence of events.

Texans_Chick
08-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Actually, I'm pretty sure he tried to come out of the game, and they waved him back in. I wondered about that at the time because he was moving pretty fast for a fat man.

SheTexan
08-12-2007, 04:08 PM
That pseudo score was in the Bullpen end zone, and TJ cracked me up. I actually got chest pain just watching that guy TRY to run!! I was screaming "COME ON, COME ON, you can make it!!" Just like coaxing a toddler just learning how to walk. Just about wore me out watching that one play! lol J/K

Texans_Chick
08-12-2007, 04:23 PM
That pseudo score was in the Bullpen end zone, and TJ cracked me up. I actually got chest pain just watching that guy TRY to run!! I was screaming "COME ON, COME ON, you can make it!!" Just like coaxing a toddler just learning how to walk. Just about wore me out watching that one play! lol J/K

His teammates were giving him the business afterwards.

SheTexan
08-12-2007, 05:03 PM
His teammates were giving him the business afterwards.

I bet they did. If I knew where to send them, I would send him some animal crackers! COME ON TJ, make it across the goal line and grandma will give ya a JAG to chew on!!:baby: