PDA

View Full Version : Injury thread

SheTexan
08-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Anyone know what happened to Roc Alexander? I THINK he was the one who got carted off late in the forth quarter. Not sure, but, I thought the number was 28. Looked like he was in a lot of pain. Just wondering.

jdog
08-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Anyone know what happened to Roc Alexander? I THINK he was the one who got carted off late in the forth quarter. Not sure, but, I thought the number was 28. Looked like he was in a lot of pain. Just wondering.

I think it was Jason Horton.

SheTexan
08-12-2007, 11:22 AM
I just couldn't see the back of his jersey well. Wasn't sure of the #. I know he was holding his arm. A couple of guys around me thought he may have broken it. I didn't see any mention of his injury anywhere.

Silver Oak
08-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I don't have a link, but I did read on some site this morning that it was a fracture of his arm.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Linebacker Shawn Barber suffered a shoulder strain. Defensive back Jason Horton fractured a bone near his elbow and will likely miss significant time.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5047341.html

aj.
08-12-2007, 01:27 PM

aj.
08-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Horton broke his arm when he dove into the pile trying to recover Josh Allen's fumble with less than a minute remaining. I didn't see when Earl was hurt but I know it was early.

Roc cracked his kneecap in camp and is on IR.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Earl most likely got injured on the play where Benson ran him over. It looked like Earl's foot got caught under him when he was falling backwards.

aj.
08-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Earl most likely got injured on the play where Benson ran him over. It looked like Earl's foot got caught under him when he was falling backwards.

Upon further review, I think you may be right. At first I thought it was Greenwood who got steamrolled by Ced. I only saw the 6 when I saw it live.

The Pencil Neck
08-12-2007, 03:17 PM

They're saying now that this might be the same thing Faggins had last year. He might be out for a while.

CloakNNNdagger
08-12-2007, 03:30 PM

It couldn't have been Roc Alexander........he was put on the IR for a torn up knee around the end of July.

aj.
08-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Earl and Horton done for the year.

Horton wasn't going to make the 53 but losing Earl is definitely a blow to the secondary.

SheTexan
08-12-2007, 04:01 PM
It couldn't have been Roc Alexander........he was put on the IR for a torn up knee around the end of July.

That's right. I remember that now. Hard to keep up with all these guys. I wish Jason Horton, and all the other guys, a speedy recovery. It was evident Jason was in a lot of pain, and that always makes me feel sad. Some of them are trying so hard to win a spot on this team, and then to have something like that happen.

vtech9
08-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Earl and Horton done for the year.

Horton wasn't going to make the 53 but losing Earl is definitely a blow to the secondary.

so, do you think C. C. Brown will move over to the SS spot? If he moves to SS, do you think it will be Brandon Harrison or one of the converted CB's that moves to FS?

aj.
08-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I would imagine CC at SS and Hutchins at FS.

Simmons and Dexter are in that mix somewhere. Kubiak said they will be looking hard for guys on the street who can come in and play but that will be tough. I imagine the Texans will be players when the cutdowns begin. I don't think Harrison is ready.

real
08-12-2007, 05:07 PM
I don't think Earl was going to start anyways...

C.C is a much better SS than he is, and he is much more active from the position...

I dunno if any of you remember C.C's rookie year, he stood out at SS in my opinion...for a good portion of the season he was leading the team in tackles until Greenwoods catch and fall tackling technique got the best of him...

Von Hutchins provides more playmaking on the ball than C.C does...

Hate to see Glen Earl go out, but I think C.C to SS and Hutchins to the Free is what's best for our defense...

Hardcore Texan
08-12-2007, 05:15 PM
I would imagine CC at SS and Hutchins at FS.

Simmons and Dexter are in that mix somewhere. Kubiak said they will be looking hard for guys on the street who can come in and play but that will be tough. I imagine the Texans will be players when the cutdowns begin. I don't think Harrison is ready.

Maybe we should convert one of the WR's that is not going to make the 53 man roster a la Tim Brown...we are so thin in the secondary :gun: And yes I am joking.

aj.
08-12-2007, 05:32 PM
I don't think Earl was going to start anyways...

C.C is a much better SS than he is, and he is much more active from the position...

I dunno if any of you remember C.C's rookie year, he stood out at SS in my opinion...for a good portion of the season he was leading the team in tackles until Greenwoods catch and fall tackling technique got the best of him...

Von Hutchins provides more playmaking on the ball than C.C does...

Hate to see Glen Earl go out, but I think C.C to SS and Hutchins to the Free is what's best for our defense...

Hutchins is an upgrade at FS over CC in terms of range and coverage but he's less physical.

CC is a downgrade at SS when compared to Earl.

That's how I see it.