PDA

View Full Version : #63

BattleRedToro
08-11-2007, 09:56 AM
What is the deal with the Texans having 2 players on their Roster with the same jersey number? I didn't think they could do that. They currently have both C Chris White and DE Victor DeGrate listed as wearing #63.

quicksilver
08-11-2007, 10:29 AM
What is the deal with the Texans having 2 players on their Roster with the same jersey number? I didn't think they could do that. They currently have both C Chris White and DE Victor DeGrate listed as wearing #63.

Actually quite common this early in training camp/preseason. So many players on the roster, only so many numbers to go around, and they make an effort to keep the numbers positionally relevant. Once some cuts are made, someone will shift from 63 to an open number, though since I've heard no mention of Mr. DeGrate until now, I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the first cuts.

BattleRedToro
08-11-2007, 10:37 AM
What about in tonight's game? Can they both wear the same number in tonight's game?

HJam72
08-11-2007, 10:57 AM
What about in tonight's game? Can they both wear the same number in tonight's game?

Yes, but when the second of them comes onto the field, the referees will shoot him. :cowboy1:

Matt
08-11-2007, 02:14 PM

I can't find anything to support it, but I think the rule is they can both wear it, but they can't be on the field at the same time. Kind of like college.

TexanSam
08-11-2007, 05:14 PM
It's not uncommon. I think I read a blurb in the Chronicle that there are like 4 or 5 guys with the #7.

frequentfliertx
08-11-2007, 05:21 PM
If the referee shoots him, will they show it? Will there be a five minute tape delay? Will they cut to commercial? I don't know. What is the rule about live shootings during a televised sporting event? ROFLMAO

HJam72
08-11-2007, 06:30 PM
No replays on the live shootings. :user: