PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Jones

WhoDeyNobody
08-10-2007, 09:43 AM
What's up guys, Bengals fan here, but that's not what I'm here to talk about.

One of my big time sleepers in fantasy is Jacoby Jones. I loved the kid's speed and ability coming out of college and I think he can be a good player this year given the opportunity. Obviously I don't follow training camp for the Texans, so I just came here wondering what has been the word on him? Has he looked good or disappointed? Will he have a chance to play early on?

Thanks guys, if by chance you have any Bengals related fantasy questions I'll be happy to answer.

Shaft75
08-10-2007, 09:49 AM
There's a bit of a learning curve for him, but the coaches are impressed with how quickly he is picking things up. I wouldn't think that you should pick him up via draft, but he is a strong possibility as a good free agent to pick up for insurance during the season. But, he might surprise when we hit the field. Let's hope he fills that sleeper role. He has a lot of heart and determination I will tell you that much.

Does he remind you of Ocho too? That is the comparison around here.

real
08-10-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm hoping that Jacoby is a gamer, because the practice I went to he didn't look too hott. He looked like an inconsistent rookie.

Porky
08-10-2007, 09:58 AM
From a fantasy propective, you would be crazy to draft him. He might turn out to be a good pro, but as a rookie from a tiny college, he has a lot to learn. Unless your league gives big time points for returners, I would not touch him with a ten foot pole.

awtysst
08-10-2007, 10:01 AM
What's up guys, Bengals fan here, but that's not what I'm here to talk about.

One of my big time sleepers in fantasy is Jacoby Jones. I loved the kid's speed and ability coming out of college and I think he can be a good player this year given the opportunity. Obviously I don't follow training camp for the Texans, so I just came here wondering what has been the word on him? Has he looked good or disappointed? Will he have a chance to play early on?

Thanks guys, if by chance you have any Bengals related fantasy questions I'll be happy to answer.

I'd say this. What kind of league are in you in? At this point he is an unproven rookie, so I would nopt waste a draft pick on him. Keep an eye though. If he looks like he is doing well, maybe pick him up off the F
FA pile

YellerLotYeller
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Unless he just amazes Kubes, he will be splitting receptions with a few others.

On the other hand, I would pick up AJ as a first WR chosen....yes even before your CJ.

WhoDeyNobody
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Coming from such a small school, I didn't get to see much film on him, so I don't know how he compares to Chad. I can't imagine he is the tactician Chad is at this point in his young career, however. Here's what I wrote about him for a post draft review:

An outstanding athlete, Jones could provide a longterm solution at receiver for the Texans opposite Andre Johnson. His combination of size (6-foot-2, 214) and speed (sub 4.5 40) are attractive. After adding Matt Schaub and dropping Eric Moulds, the Texans had to equip their new quarterback with another weapon, and this selection may well do that.

My main fear about him was the adjustment period from Lane to the NFL. Guys like Colston who somehow thrive despite the jump are the exception rather than the rule. I'll try to keep tabs on him throughout the season, however.