PDA

View Full Version : Texans GM to be on 610 at 8:05 a.m. today

Overalls
08-10-2007, 07:41 AM
I heard on the radio as I was driving to work that Rick Smith will be on the radion this morning with Mark and Andre. I can't listen myself, but I figured I would give Y'all a heads up. Mark and Andre did say this morning that Travis Johnson is really looking good in camp and that they are not sure that Bethal Johnson is going to make the team because the other WRs are looking good. Any way if someone can listen and post anything interesting that Rick Smith says it would be apreciated.

Rex King
08-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I only caught a part of it.
-He sees an overall elevation in the level of athleticism and speed.
-Abbate has a FB's body and great "contact balance" - will keep his balance after contact so he can drive through his block.

Sorry, can't remember much else, other than continuing to be impressed by Rick Smith.

Overalls
08-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks.

Texans_Chick
08-10-2007, 10:40 PM
http://sportsradio610.com/

Check out the segment there:

Rick Smith 8/10/07
Marc and Andre talk with Texans General Manager Rick Smith about the state of the team going into preseason play.

It's worth a listen. I would love it if: 1. Abbate was good at fullback; 2. Abbate made the team. Smith says that it was Kubiak's idea to try him at fullback.

Typical. Kubiak loves high effort guys, and praising them, because it sets a good example for the team.

mexican_texan
08-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Smith sounded like your typical sports jockey.