PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Carr thread

Wolf
08-09-2007, 10:33 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/56000-one-thing-i-cant-stand-about-carr.html

already talking about his looks ..wow,

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2007/08/06/16/118-PANTHERSCAMP_0806_11.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate .57.jpg

guess coaches want him to hear gloves now

Kaiser Toro
08-09-2007, 10:37 PM
He must be moonlighting as a pantomime.

Honoring Earl 34
08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
He's allergic to leather .... it's not funny .

Wolf
08-09-2007, 10:40 PM
I should have scanned over the whole thread. alot about nothing after 1st page

Honoring Earl 34
08-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Post #10 is Cabbage Ferguson .

CloakNNNdagger
08-09-2007, 10:59 PM
:wild: http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/56000-one-thing-i-cant-stand-about-carr.html

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2007/08/06/16/118-PANTHERSCAMP_0806_11.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate .57.jpg

If you knew Suzie, like I knew Suzie.....Oh, Oh, Oh, what a girl......

aj.
08-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Guess he doesn't want the second string center's butt juice on his wedding ring.

texasguy346
08-09-2007, 11:06 PM
He's got the jazz hands down pat. Now he's just got to work on his pocket awareness, making his reads, delivering the ball on time, and making quicker decisions.

CloakNNNdagger
08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Michael_Jackson_1984(2).jpg/220px-

Hit me, hit me, David.........What's the matter with you?......... Can't you see, I'm wide open?

TexanSam
08-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Those kind of look like latex gloves. I'm guessing the coaching staff made him use those rather than by his own will. Just a gut feeling though.

Honoring Earl 34
08-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Well ... we are looking at pictures .

http://www.profootballtalk.com/photo.htm

Wolf
08-09-2007, 11:29 PM
just curious (someone posted on the link) .. I know the coaching staff said they wouldn't mess with his throwing motion, but with the white gloves , is the coaching staff using that so they can better see his mechanics on film?

tulexan
08-09-2007, 11:31 PM
What's with the gloves? He never wore them here.

Hookem Horns
08-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Love this post

I'm curious to see what Carr can do on the field in an upright standing position and arguably the leagues best receiver. I think the guy has the potential to be a top QB in this league as long as he's not getting sacked 70 times a season. Thank God he got out of Houston. I wish him well, just not if he plays the Bears.

Carr would get sacked behind the Great Wall of China. I can't wait to see how bad the Panthers line starts looking when he gets in there (if ever).

Honoring Earl 34
08-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Just read pages 1 & 4 of that thread. The posters are pretty young, most under 30. And they don't like David's long hair. Maybe I should join and use that shetch avatar of Glam Dave.

So .... who would you take Glam Dave or Homeboy Jake ?

mexican_texan
08-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I think Carr is in charge of prostate exams for the Panthers now. Fumbled the clipboard too much.

BattleRedToro
08-10-2007, 08:14 AM
http://www.cuhkacs.org/~henryporter/Bo-Blog/up/palpatine.jpg

I can feel your anger. :hothboy:

frequentfliertx
08-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Even though DC has left us I wish him the best of luck in Carolina. He had a bad OL in front of him, which was part of the problem. He wasn't taught to read defenses adequately by the coaching staff. I mean, he's gone now. Can't people just lay off him now? If Schaub doesn't have a good OL in front of him he won't fare any better than DC. Then y'all will be blaming Schaub for something that wasn't entirely his fault. Y'all need to focus your diatribe on the OL and not on the QB. Anyway, the way I see it we should finish in second place in the AFC South behind Indy. :texflag:

Second Honeymoon
08-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Even though DC has left us I wish him the best of luck in Carolina. He had a bad OL in front of him, which was part of the problem. He wasn't taught to read defenses adequately by the coaching staff. I mean, he's gone now. Can't people just lay off him now? If Schaub doesn't have a good OL in front of him he won't fare any better than DC. Then y'all will be blaming Schaub for something that wasn't entirely his fault. Y'all need to focus your diatribe on the OL and not on the QB. Anyway, the way I see it we should finish in second place in the AFC South behind Indy. :texflag:

carr sucked, didn't work hard to improve, was a horrible leader, primadonna, daddy's boy, poor mechanics, and to this day feels unaccountable for his failure.

opinions such as yours which blame the OL only feed his unaccountability.

the guy sucked and he is sucking in Carolina. when and if he gets a chance in Carolina and fails miserably AGAIN can we finally all admit that Carr sucked and was just another bad Casserley pick. Just because you were #1 doesnt make you good...it only makes you rich.

Goldensilence
08-10-2007, 09:49 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Michael_Jackson_1984(2).jpg/220px-

Hit me, hit me, David.........What's the matter with you?......... Can't you see, I'm wide open?

i nearly spit all of my coffee out on this one. kudos sir.

Porky
08-10-2007, 10:24 AM

Hilarious! :splits:

Kaiser Toro
08-10-2007, 10:25 AM
The market spoke, Carr is a back up who we paid overpaid for. It really is that simple.

frequentfliertx
08-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Is this going to be the same diatribe that you're going to use when Schaub fails?

Honoring Earl 34
08-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Is this going to be the same diatribe that you're going to use when Schaub fails?

What are you going to say if Schaub succeeds ?

Kaiser Toro
08-10-2007, 10:34 AM

I do not expect players to fail like some do, specifically around the QB position. Schaub has the look of an NFL QB in the pocket and certainly acts like one with the feedback coming from his team mates and coaching staff.

Carr would probably be a great Athlete's in Action QB, but it remains to be seen if he will be a good NFL back up.....well at least one that is coveted by other teams as Schaub was.

Honoring Earl 34
08-10-2007, 10:41 AM
AJ was just on the NFL network . He was asked about Matt and said that Schaub will ask him ... " what you doing later on " .... AJ would reply ... " nothing " . Matt would then say " come by the house we'll do something " .

AJ said that never happened with Carr ( I know married with kids and beers the devil ), that he rarely interacted with the team . He said Matt makes it a point to know the fellows .

Kaiser Toro
08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
There are some funny posts in this thread from last year during the preseason

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26674&highlight=kansas+city+carrb

Honoring Earl 34
08-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Am I the only one who feels all players are held accountable now ?

Am I the only one who thinks that Kubiak is able to demand maximum effort because he got rid of anyone who was'nt willing to give it ?

I guess at the end of the day , if your QB looks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... he'd better duck .

Second Honeymoon
08-10-2007, 11:15 AM
AJ was just on the NFL network . He was asked about Matt and said that Schaub will ask him ... " what you doing later on " .... AJ would reply ... " nothing " . Matt would then say " come by the house we'll do something " .

AJ said that never happened with Carr ( I know married with kids and beers the devil ), that he rarely interacted with the team . He said Matt makes it a point to know the fellows .

exactly, Carr was never one of the guys. he was a primadonna whose priorities are not what you are looking for when looking for a franchise QB in today's NFL. this aint freakin' Leave It To Beaver. It's probably the hardest position (NFL QB) to play in professional sports and requires a lot of dedication, time, and effort....obviously Carr had his priorities and he failed miserably.

Carr had everything handed to him on a silver platter. Apologies were premade, the owner was his fanboy, and the sheeple fans were more than happy to play along. Some of us saw that the emperor had no clothes, but we were branded as naysayers and Carr haters. We just wanted our team to win and knew that Carr would never be jack squat. Schaub has had to earn his stripes backing up Vick for 3 years and being prepared to start each week. Sadly, Schaub was probably more prepared than Carr was...and it showed.

Second Honeymoon
08-10-2007, 11:18 AM
There are some funny posts in this thread from last year during the preseason

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26674&highlight=kansas+city+carrb

yeah, funny thread. hulk was such a jerk and he said he would admit he was wrong.....we all know that he never did.

HoustonFrog
08-10-2007, 11:28 AM

I heard this on the radio this morning coming into work. I'm glad AJ is happy.

Honoring Earl 34
08-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Well, since I used to live a few miles from Jake and know him, he's still my #1 for the Panthers. Glam Boy is gonna have to really wrestle if he wants that job. I wish I could catch the preseason because they will play David there. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Do you have the nfl network ? They're going to show lots of games so you may catch a Panther game and see both of your honeys .

Texans_Chick
08-10-2007, 01:14 PM
What's with the gloves? He never wore them here.

He started wearing one glove when they got on him for fumbling so much.

I've never heard of anyone wearing TWO gloves. I would think that throwing with a glove on wouldn't help your touch any.

The goofy thing about glove or no glove, is Carr really didn't fumble more than other QB as a percentage of sacks. He fumbled the snap a lot but that didn't have anything to do with gloves.

He must have something really weird happening in his brain.

Honoring Earl 34
08-10-2007, 01:30 PM

I've never heard of anyone wearing TWO gloves. I would think that throwing with a glove on wouldn't help your touch any.

The goofy thing about glove or no glove, is Carr really didn't fumble more than other QB as a percentage of sacks. He fumbled the snap a lot but that didn't have anything to do with gloves.

Big Ben wears gloves sometimes ... maybe when it's cold . I think Rex Grossman might also .

Lucky
08-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I've never heard of anyone wearing TWO gloves.
Jim McMahon wore two gloves in cold weather games.

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/4587/mcbearsb.jpg

And we know something really weird was happening in his brain.

Honoring Earl 34
08-10-2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05018/444102.stm

Brando
08-10-2007, 01:43 PM

Maybe he has what Chuck Knoblauch,Rick Ankiel syndrome when every problem that he has turns mental where he will never be the same again? Not that he was all that to begin with but, just saying.

Ankiel shrugged off the event at first, joking about the fact that he was the first pitcher to throw five wild pitches in an inning since Bert Cunningham of the Players League in 1890. But in Game 2 of the National League Championship Series against the New York Mets, Ankiel was removed in the first inning. Of only 20 pitches thrown by Ankiel, five went past catcher Eli Marrero, including two official wild pitches. Ankiel appeared again in the seventh inning of game five, facing four hitters, walking two, and throwing two more wild pitches. The Cardinals lost the series four games to one to the Mets.

The source of Ankiel's problems was apparently not mechanical.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Ankiel

Brando
08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
double post..............

Texans_Chick
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Big Ben wears gloves sometimes ... maybe when it's cold . I think Rex Grossman might also .

Gloves when its cold. I can understand that.

I don't understand the sometimes white, sometimes black gloves when it is hotter than hades in Carolina.

His head is not right.

CloakNNNdagger
08-10-2007, 02:12 PM
The gloves are probably because the new staff has recognized Carr's inability to hold onto the ball:

Get a grip

Chicago Sun-Times, Jan 15, 2006 by Roman Modrowski

Bear hands don't mean bare hands, regardless of whether it's Bear weather. From the oversized mitts of Olin Kreutz to the vulnerable paws of Rex Grossman, the Bears' hands will be covered up today, regardless of the temperature.

In fact, it's rare to see any NFL player with exposed digits.

Bernard Berrian says he hates them, but he still wears them. Kreutz says he only wears them when it's cold, although photo evidence suggests otherwise. And Grossman won't throw a pass without them.

Form-fitting gloves have become almost as standard a piece of NFL equipment as shoulder pads. Reebok is the official glove supplier of the NFL, although some players with Nike contracts tape over the swoosh.

"We have three different types of gloves," said Chris Gallo, the director of licensed performance apparel for Reebok. "We have a lineman's glove with extra padding in the lower part of the palm and in the back of the glove. We have a receiver's glove and a linebacker's glove that has a little extra padding in the knuckles and fingers."

Quarterbacks wear receiver gloves.

Reebok has developed a technology called Griptonite, which is a sticky
substance that helps players hang on to the ball. All companies have their own version of synthetic palms.

But hanging on to the ball is just one reason players wear gloves.

GRIP
(http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20060115/ai_n16008922)

powerfuldragon
08-10-2007, 02:22 PM
griptonite... what a name

Honoring Earl 34
08-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Gloves when its cold. I can understand that.

I don't understand the sometimes white, sometimes black gloves when it is hotter than hades in Carolina.

His head is not right.

I agree , he's reaching . I think that's why he was doing all the postering earlier about how great it was to be around such talent ... blah blah blah . Now he's got to show what he's got .

Sometimes it's not the arrow ... it's the Indian and there's nowhere to hide . If the gloves thing is a trick to cure his ails , it will be by restoring his confidence which will be a false confidence and the first time something goes wrong ... its back to square one .

Texans_Chick
08-10-2007, 02:26 PM
The gloves are probably because the new staff has recognized Carr's inability to hold onto the ball:

The problem with that diagnosis is that it is incorrect as it relates to Dave. I remember last year we looked at fumbles per sacks, and Dave doesn't have a particularly high fumble per sack percentage as it relates to other QBs in the league.

The only thing that is a little high for him is the number of times he would fumble the snap. And it had nothing to do with his hands, and more to do with goosing his center in the goodies during actual games when he didn't do that during practice. See:

David Carr and The Reason for Mishandled Snaps (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/texans/2006/09/26/david-carr-and-the-reason-for-mishandled-snaps/)

So basically, DC is messed in the head thinking that gloves will save him from the fumbles, when in actuality, it is probably hurting his touch, and does nothing to prevent him from center goosing during actual action or getting sacked because he isn't reading defenses.

tulexan
08-10-2007, 03:08 PM

But those gloves look like latex doctor gloves, not football gloves.

aj.
08-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Someone brought a pair of those griptonites to a tailgate a couple years ago. The receiver - I think it was Andre Johnson - tossed them into the crowd and the person (Friendswood Will, maybe?) snagged them. Anyway, I put them on and could not believe how sticky they felt. It's easy to understand the concept of one-handed catches after I felt those things.

HoustonFrog
08-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Sometimes when I'm at work and my hands aren't getting the right feel on the keyboard I'll wear some gloves. I have a pair for different business casual outfits.:backsout:

Texan_Bill
08-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Sometimes when I'm at work and my hands aren't getting the right feel on the keyboard I'll wear some gloves. I have a pair for different business casual outfits.:backsout:

*shakes head*

:goodnight

HoustonFrog
08-10-2007, 04:53 PM
*shakes head*

:goodnight

Sorry, I'm bored and needed to have some fun with something. :)

Second Honeymoon
08-10-2007, 06:10 PM

he is too vain to only wear one glove. he has to have it match so it looks 'bitchin'.

Second Honeymoon
08-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Maybe he has what Chuck Knoblauch,Rick Ankiel syndrome when every problem that he has turns mental where he will never be the same again? Not that he was all that to begin with but, just saying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Ankiel

old Ricky came through and hit a dinger last night in his MLB debut as an outfielder. i thought he was gonna be our next ace in St.Louis but he had some mental issues with confidence and was SEVERELY hurt when his father was jailed on federal drug (cocaine) trafficking charges. his dad had taught him everything he knew and he felt bad that his dad was in prison.

larussa loves the guy and basically teared up when he hit the homer last night...well enough Cardinal talk...yall dont want to hear it anyway

cardinals ftw

NFLforher
08-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I do not expect players to fail like some do, specifically around the QB position. Schaub has the look of an NFL QB in the pocket and certainly acts like one with the feedback coming from his team mates and coaching staff.

FEEDBACK: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5039251.html

Schaub gets an earful.

NFLforher
08-10-2007, 09:16 PM

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

lol: lol:

Kaiser Toro
08-10-2007, 09:51 PM
FEEDBACK: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5039251.html

Schaub gets an earful.

Awesome, nice find since Carr did not have anyone early on to give him an earful and he was not professional enough to measure himself either.

I love when support is offered for my half baked ideas.

Brando
08-10-2007, 10:05 PM
old Ricky came through and hit a dinger last night in his MLB debut as an outfielder. i thought he was gonna be our next ace in St.Louis but he had some mental issues with confidence and was SEVERELY hurt when his father was jailed on federal drug (cocaine) trafficking charges. his dad had taught him everything he knew and he felt bad that his dad was in prison.

larussa loves the guy and basically teared up when he hit the homer last night...well enough Cardinal talk...yall dont want to hear it anyway

cardinals ftw

Yeah I had seen that he was switched to the OF. That's good and maybe he can make a career out of it.

Tell me it ain't so SH, you're a Cardinal fan?j/k:)

2BCF
08-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Poor Davey...always the bridesmaid, but never a bride. Hence the gloves.
No glove, no love.

NFLforher
08-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Awesome, nice find since Carr did not have anyone early on to give him an earful and he was not professional enough to measure himself either.

I love when support is offered for my half baked ideas.

I don't think it's "half baked." I believe Shaubie will be fine. He's bound to make some mistakes... this is his first starting job and it's with a new team.

It's sounds as if he is doing what needs to be done.

Honoring Earl 34
08-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Not saying the movie is the all answer, but in The Relacements, that 'sticky stuff' was illegal.

Coach: What are they going to do? Arrest you?

I thought that crap was outlawed so long ago that it is smokin' and stinkin' at this point.

The stickum allowed Clifford Franklin to be a hero .

Trap_Star
08-11-2007, 12:40 AM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/56000-one-thing-i-cant-stand-about-carr.html

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

GP
08-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I almost forgot that I get to see Zoolander play this weekend.

In my fixation with our Texans game, I lost sight of the fact that David (as a back-up QB) will get a lot of snaps in these preseason games.

He'll play vs. 2nd or 3rd stringers, probably complete a lot of passes that he throws at 230 mph even if it's a 3-yard pass to the RB, and might even get a TD late in the game.......and then we'll see Hulk75 visit the board, chiming in with threetoedpete and caddy as they say "told you so!"

But the chuckle is on them: David is playing 2nd and 3rd rate defensive players.

Hey, I just thought of something: David was a back-up QB for us here in Houston...he backed our offense up almost every time when he laid down for a sack.

I used to be civil on this topic, but Dave's brother (Hulk75) drove every civil bone out of my body when we acquired Schaub and Hulk75 tore into us with his trash talk and ego tripping. If that's any indication of the Carr gene pool, then they are a long ways from being what David tries to represent in public. So I have ZERO qualms about ripping David.

And those gloves? Oy!

Yeah, can't wait to see Dave this weekend. Gonna go set the DirecTv dvr as we speak..........thank you NFL Network!

Wolf
08-11-2007, 12:46 AM
not sure;but other picture of him on an article on 8/2 has black gloves

http://media.heraldonline.com/smedia/2007/08/02/01/734-246101-116942.standalone.prod_affiliate.6.jpg

and again I wonder if they are using the white ones so they can easier see on the practice film on where his hands are and how he is setting himself up

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/88246.html

just a theory

GP
08-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Didn't you hear?

They supposedly don't care about his mechanics.

Carr said (in an interview recently) that one of the things that was promised to him (if he came to Carolina) was that they (Carolina coaching staff) were not going to try and "change" his throwing motion.

I am serious, dude.

The gloves are NOT for evaluatory reasons.

What kind of coaching staff promises a busted QB that they won't try and help his mechanics, which are definitely jacked up by even looking at the (a) photos of a low elbow and (b) stats of the balls he's had "batted down?"

Man, Carolina is very mis-managed: They have a great RB in Williams, but they trot out Foster ahead of him all last season. They get David and promise to not mess with his great mechanics. John Fox is certainly on the hot seat, according to many analysts.

LOL. They think they outsmarted every other NFL team by getting David Carr as insurance against Delhomme bombing out this year.

(sigh)

This is going to be like watching a couple of farmers drifting out on their rusty old boat, to the middle of the lake at 5 a.m. when nobody is watching, and throwing one end of the battery cables into the water...scooping up the fish and heading back to the dock after a hard 5-minutes of fishing.

Too easy. Too fun.

Wolf
08-11-2007, 01:22 AM
well I read about the "not messing with throwing motion"

but still if coaches think something small can be done..

like a baseball pitcher..there might be tweaks and such into it (not an overhaul like the Texans did) ... It just seemed like from 1st season to his last here, that his deep ball suffered (went from a laser (that j.lewis dropped) to a shotput

maybe or maybe not...

Second Honeymoon
08-11-2007, 01:29 AM

http://media.heraldonline.com/smedia/2007/08/02/01/734-246101-116942.standalone.prod_affiliate.6.jpg

and again I wonder if they are using the white ones so they can easier see on the practice film on where his hands are and how he is setting himself up

just a theory

its all about the Zoolaender look. sometimes he wakes up in a white mood and sometimes he just wants to go nuts and wear black. its all about the look and he has to make sure he has his color coordination working. maybe his wife picks out his clothes for him....its been pretty obvious for years this guy has no sack and is whooped to no end.

Kaiser Toro
08-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Orange Hulka Frappucino!

http://graysmatter.codivation.com/content/binary/Zoolander.jpg

At the David Carr Center For Quarterbacks Who Can't Read Defenses Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, we teach you that there's more to life than being really, really good looking.

aj.
08-11-2007, 08:17 AM
I thought that crap was outlawed so long ago that it is smokin' and stinkin' at this point.

That 'crap' has been outlawed since this guy made it famous:
http://www.raidersonline.org/images/lesterhayes.jpg

We're talking about these, which are worn by probably 90% of the NFL receivers and a lot of other players. The palms of the glove are made from a polymer with a high coefficient of friction, meaning it 'grabs' - but nothing rubs off/sticks to you or anything else:

http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p2424403dt.jpg

Kaiser Toro
08-11-2007, 08:43 AM
I recall seeing a close up of Lester's hands dripping of stick'um.

BattleRedToro
08-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I think you guys are forgetting about Fred Biletnikoff. http://images.nfl.com/xxxvi/history/images/mvps/11-biletnikoff.jpg

That is http://www.sportsdepot.com/images/stickumpaste.gif on his sock. He would have gobs of it on his socks that he could use to reapply to his hands whenever he needed more.

Honoring Earl 34
08-11-2007, 01:31 PM
I think you guys are forgetting about Fred Biletnikoff. http://images.nfl.com/xxxvi/history/images/mvps/11-biletnikoff.jpg

That is http://www.sportsdepot.com/images/stickumpaste.gif on his sock. He would have gobs of it on his socks that he could use to reapply to his hands whenever he needed more.

Fred also chewed gum during the game . He would have so much stickum on , that he had to have someone else unwrap the gum so he could chew it .

aj.
08-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I think you guys are forgetting about Fred Biletnikoff.

I don't think anyone has forgotten Fred B. When it came to the goo, he was a recreational user compared to The Molester.

Honoring Earl 34
08-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't think anyone has forgotten Fred B. When it came to the goo, he was a recreational user compared to The Molester.

Lester said ... Al Davis would rather run through a gauntlet of pit bulls in pork chop underwear than have me break Willie Browns all time Raider interception record .

2BCF
08-11-2007, 05:28 PM

just a theory

Evening wear, Carr style...for night games.

He has pink ones for when they play SF.

ObsiWan
08-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Yes, yes I know this , Earl. But I thought it was illegal for everyone else. Cifford Franklin was....Clifford Franklin. We must RESPECT that. LOL.

But sicky stuff is illegal, isn't it? That's not Carr's problem, anyway. His problem was that he wasn't standing upright during offensive moves. Let's see if he:
a) Gets Jake to step down (LMFAO) That won't happen
b) Jake gets hurt and we see what new OLINE they have(doubt they panned that one out)
c) Nothing changes and David's hair grows really long and pretty and all that rot. :)

Methinks us girl Carr lovers will just continue to drool while NFL goes on around us. David is hot. Maybe he stinks as a QB, but he's hot.

So, go ahead. Take a shot. If you do, I'll take down this avatar and put my HOT David Carr Sketch up instead.

LOL

...maaaybe he stinks.....?

anyway, I can respect that point of view.
I feel the same way about Angelina Jolie

Honoring Earl 34
08-11-2007, 08:47 PM
3-6-NYG30 (12:20) D.Carr sacked at NYG 43 for -13 yards (W.Demps).

Vinny
08-11-2007, 08:54 PM
3-6-NYG30 (12:20) D.Carr sacked at NYG 43 for -13 yards (W.Demps).too bad that sack took them out of FG position...but he IS 2 for 2 on his passing!

Wolf
08-11-2007, 09:02 PM
true vinny LOL

now 3/5 25 yards

Vinny
08-11-2007, 09:09 PM
true vinny LOL

now 3/5 25 yards

he's on pace for his patented 130 yard game!

Wolf
08-11-2007, 09:11 PM

LOL :whip:

Honoring Earl 34
08-11-2007, 09:12 PM

Yeah Vinny but his QB rating is 90 ... so there .

D.Carr sacked at NYG 23 for 0 yards

D.Carr pass deep right to T.Biddle for 23 yards, TOUCHDOWN

Wolf
08-11-2007, 09:46 PM
holly crap

1-10-CAR10 (14:54) B.Basanez scrambles up the middle to CAR 12 for 2 yards (J.Seawright).
2-8-CAR12 (14:18) E.Shelton left guard to CAR 15 for 3 yards (M.Gunn, C.Dahl).
3-5-CAR15 (13:38) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass deep right to T.Biddle for 85 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
J.Kasay extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Kyle, Holder-J.Baker.

what happened there?
someone fall down?

I don't remember seeing that from any Texan drive summary

Vinny
08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
I think Wolf has a crush on Carr still.:doot:

Khari
08-11-2007, 09:49 PM
:bat:

TexanSam
08-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I wish him the best.

Wolf
08-11-2007, 09:51 PM
on the carolina MB they are saying it was Basanez that threw it not Carr

and gamecast got it wrong

Vinny
08-11-2007, 09:53 PM
on the carolina MB they are saying it was Basanez that threw it not Carr

and gamecast got it wrong
Carolina Panthers at 14:54
1-10-CAR10 (14:54) B.Basanez scrambles up the middle to CAR 12 for 2 yards (J.Seawright).
3-5-CAR15 (13:38) (Shotgun) B.Basanez pass deep right to T.Biddle for 85 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

....they are rebroadcasting the game tomorrow on the NFL network.

Hookem Horns
08-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Carolina Panthers at 14:54
3-5-CAR15 (13:38) (Shotgun) B.Basanez pass deep right to T.Biddle for 85 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

....they are rebroadcasting the game tomorrow on the NFL network.

Basanez is their 3rd string QB. Carr is not even playing.

Honoring Earl 34
08-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Hulk was reporting that Carr threw the 85 yd td .

NFLforher
08-12-2007, 01:08 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5047163.html

The Texans showed they have a lot more to worry about than a preseason loss...

On a night in which former quarterback David Carr threw two touchdown passes in Carolina's victory over the New York Giants, the Texans could manufacture only one touchdown against the Bears, the defending NFC champions.

"We always talk about finding ways to win, but tonight, we found ways to lose," Kubiak said. "When you score one touchdown after being in the red zone four times, you're going to lose."

Second Honeymoon
08-12-2007, 01:21 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5047163.html

The Texans showed they have a lot more to worry about than a preseason loss...

On a night in which former quarterback David Carr threw two touchdown passes in Carolina's victory over the New York Giants, the Texans could manufacture only one touchdown against the Bears, the defending NFC champions.

"We always talk about finding ways to win, but tonight, we found ways to lose," Kubiak said. "When you score one touchdown after being in the red zone four times, you're going to lose."

Carr had one touchdown, was sacked 3 times and still shows little pocket presence. He did make a big play on the long TD though. Will have to see the play but kudos to him. As for your mentioning two TDs as some sort of proof that he is good...he isn't playing against the starters and Matt didn't look bad. I guess McClain did his usual level of research...which is zero.

I went to the panthers board and they were panning the play of carr for the most part.

Schaub looked fine to me. It was nice seeing someone in a Texans uniform show the ability to complete a pass over the middle without having it knocked down. It almost made me tear up.

Wolf
08-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Carr had one touchdown, was sacked 3 times and averaged around 8 yards per completion. I guess McClain did his usual level of research...which is zero.

I went to the panthers board and they were panning the play of carr for the most part.

not sure where you got your stats on Carr's average I am showing 6/8 for 83 yards which is about 14 yards a completion
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=An6UabKkHDVIIcCHEG_zMlxDubYF?gid=200 70811019
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=270811019

on a side note around the league
Ginn Jr had a so so night I guess one catch 9 yards 3 kr for 56 yards
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20070811015

joey harrington 6/9 for 88 yards no td's or ints
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20070810020

cullpepper fumbled 2 lost 1
5/12 78 yards
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=270811013

Malloy
08-12-2007, 06:48 AM
i nearly spit all of my coffee out on this one. kudos sir.

Coffee moment too, great. I could almost imagine Michael looking at David with sad eyes :)

Malloy
08-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Orange Hulka Frappucino!

http://graysmatter.codivation.com/content/binary/Zoolander.jpg

At the David Carr Center For Quarterbacks Who Can't Read Defenses Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too, we teach you that there's more to life than being really, really good looking.

TY! :)

I never really thought of the Zoolander look on David, but man, you guys are right. Not so hot right now!

aj.
08-12-2007, 09:50 AM
They fixed the gamebook entry:

3-6-NYG30 (12:20) D.Carr panicked and went fetal at NYG 43 for -13 yards (W.Demps)

Brando
08-12-2007, 12:42 PM
John McClain said that Carr threw 2 TD's. In the paper scoring summary he only threw 1. I will watch the game to see what happened.

Vinny
08-12-2007, 12:45 PM
John McClain said that Carr threw 2 TD's. In the paper scoring summary he only threw 1. I will watch the game to see what happened.NFL.com had the wrong stats early...but they corrected it. Carr only had the one TD pass. Lob to the corner. WR was wide open...blown coverage.

nunusguy
08-12-2007, 12:49 PM
The NFL Network will carry yesterdays Panthers @ NY Giants game today from 1PM-4PM for those who are interested and have the Network.

HoustonFrog
08-12-2007, 01:06 PM
NFL.com had the wrong stats early...but they corrected it. Carr only had the one TD pass. Lob to the corner. WR was wide open...blown coverage.

That's what I saw too. I'm not sure why people are up in arms. It is pre-season and Dave always was the practice and pre-season stud. In my book people should be happy with what we are working with and concentrate on the TEXANS. Although I have a feeling that we could be SB bound and there would be some on here telling us how well Carr was doing. :gun:

aj.
08-12-2007, 02:48 PM
They just showed Demps' sack. Looks like Carr is right on schedule. The desperation backhand toss to nowhere was very impressive.

Trap_Star
08-12-2007, 02:49 PM
They just showed Demps' sack. Looks like Carr is right on schedule. The desperation backhand toss to nowhere was very impressive.

hehehehehe...my thoughts exactly.

Silver Oak
08-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I supported him when he was here, but I don't give a rats ass about how he does now.

I root for the guys that wear the Texans laundy.

:fans:

jerek
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Someone brought a pair of those griptonites to a tailgate a couple years ago. The receiver - I think it was Andre Johnson - tossed them into the crowd and the person (Friendswood Will, maybe?) snagged them. Anyway, I put them on and could not believe how sticky they felt. It's easy to understand the concept of one-handed catches after I felt those things.

I've worn those same gloves and it causes me to wonder what the exact rules are on how sticky they can be. They are NFL issue but it's easy to imagine a player further "enhancing" them somehow.

GP
08-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Let's see...

Schaub faced 1st teamers from the NFC Champion Chicago Bears.

David faces 2nd stringers from the Giants.

And it was blown coverage as Vinny said. And by the way, a few plays before the miraculous TD pass...David floated a ball about 3 feet higher than the WR who was therefore hung out to dry on a crossing pattern, the Giants db (Dahl) viciously Ronnie Lott'd the WR in the small of the back in mid-air, and the refs awarded a 15-yard penalty that kept this drive alive. The same db who kept the drive alive also blew the coverage that led to DC's TD pass a few plays later.

Bears. Giants.

1st teamers. 2nd stringers.

David didn't run down the field with arms in the air, yelling as if he had won the Super Bowl though....so that was nice to see.

He sported the two white golfing gloves as we saw in a photo posted earlier in this thread. And he had short sleeves, tucked under his pads. Who is his fashion consultant down in Carolina? Tsk. Tsk. Bad form, Zoolander.

"Precious memories...oh, how they linger...."

cuppacoffee
08-12-2007, 07:27 PM
NFL.com had the wrong stats early...but they corrected it. Carr only had the one TD pass. Lob to the corner. WR was wide open...blown coverage.

Kinda similiar to Schaubs lob to the corner to a wide open reciever....wait...

Schaubs pass was overthrown..my bad.

:jk:... My Carr defending days are over. But I must admit to being underwhelmed by Schaubs first quarter play.

Be interesting to see how many yards gained rushing and passing by the "first group"...Did the first group even get a first down?

Only thing I was more underwhelmed by was our "apparent bust", last years first round draft pick. I think the bust label is appropiate when a #1 overall pick plays like an average, at best, DE.

I admit to being easily impressed and or disappointed.

I was impressed by Abbate. I think he makes the final cut.

I guess what this shows is hustle impresses me and laziness disappoints me.

Also that I don't know squat about the intricacies of football...:D

I will wait until after the Cowboys game to give my much anticipated opinion of this years Texans team...:tearup:

:coffee:

The Pencil Neck
08-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Be interesting to see how many yards gained rushing and passing by the "first group"...Did the first group even get a first down?

Ah... so you're underwhelmed by Schaub's play because you didn't see the game...

OK. That makes sense now.

jlam
08-12-2007, 10:17 PM

:jk:... My Carr defending days are over. But I must admit to being underwhelmed by Schaubs first quarter play.

Only thing I was more underwhelmed by was our "apparent bust", last years first round draft pick. I think the bust label is appropiate when a #1 overall pick plays like an average, at best, DE.

I will wait until after the Cowboys game to give my much anticipated opinion of this years Texans team...:tearup:

A couple of quick observations from being at the game last night:

1) Not completely excusing Schaub for missing the lob to Walter, but it looked like Walter stumbled a bit as the ball was coming out of Schaub's hand, possibly slowing Walter up enough to not be able to get to the ball.

2) Williams looked like he pretty well got handled by John Tait at LT. He got the edge a couple of times, but was pushed so wide that Grossman just had to take a step up in the pocket to avoid him altogether, which he did. I do take into consideration that it's his first game of the season and the schemes are vanilla to say the least, but he just didn't show much variety coming off the edge.

Texans_Chick
08-12-2007, 10:36 PM

Abbate's hamstring has been bothering him since his college draft day. And apparently it is still bothering him and he isn't likely to play against AZ according to Kubiak's press conference today. Sad, because I like high effort people too, but unfortunately the best way to fix hamstrings is rest, and resting isn't the easiest way to make a team.

As a general aside, and not just addressed to you, I think it is funny when people attribute laziness, not caring and/or not trying on players, when it may just be at the end of the day, they aren't that good. (Or sometimes, they are playing the way they are told to play on the field--for example, Robinson has mentioned that fans don't understand coverages and on-field assignments/positioning).

Honoring Earl 34
08-12-2007, 10:47 PM
As a general aside, and not just addressed to you, I think it is funny when people attribute laziness, not caring and/or not trying on players, when it may just be at the end of the day, they aren't that good. (Or sometimes, they are playing the way they are told to play on the field--for example, Robinson has mentioned that fans don't understand coverages and on-field assignments/positioning).

TC ... the funny thing is I bet a lot of post come from work . Is that not ironic that fans dogging it on the computer call players lazy ?

cuppacoffee
08-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Ah... so you're underwhelmed by Schaub's play because you didn't see the game...

OK. That makes sense now.

Curious assumption on your part.

I watched every minute of the game.

Question.

Our first team against their first team, two series if I recall correctly.

Were you satisfied/pleased with what you saw?

Texans_Chick
08-12-2007, 10:53 PM
TC ... the funny thing is I bet a lot of post come from work . Is that not ironic that fans dogging it on the computer call players lazy ?

LOL.

Actually, I have found a hard truism in life that a lot of times people despise the characteristics in others that they despise in themselves. It's an uncomfortable thought.

cuppacoffee
08-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Abbate's hamstring has been bothering him since his college draft day. And apparently it is still bothering him and he isn't likely to play against AZ according to Kubiak's press conference today. Sad, because I like high effort people too, but unfortunately the best way to fix hamstrings is rest, and resting isn't the easiest way to make a team.

"Also that I don't know squat about the intricacies of football...":D

There are a lot of knowledgeable football fans on this site.

I only know what I see. Kinda the duck philosophy, "if it looks like a duck, ect"

I am probably using the "laziness" tag to keep from having to admit to myself that Mario just isn't all that. That we did indeed "blow it".

Maybe it is just knee jerk response from me.

The third preseason game is supposed to be a dress rehearsal for the season. We will know a lot more about this years edition then.

Up until the time I retired we were not allowed to have internet access at work.

I wouldn't have abused it. :fib

The Pencil Neck
08-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Curious assumption on your part.

I watched every minute of the game.

Question.

Our first team against their first team, two series if I recall correctly.

Were you satisfied/pleased with what you saw?

Curious assumption on my part? When you can't even remember whether the first stringers made a first down or not? I imagine you're NOT pleased with what you saw if you didn't see any first downs. I saw the first downs and, yes, I'm pleased with what I saw. I saw a marked improvement from what we've had to live with. I'll assume that you didn't see the same thing I saw.

Noblesse Oblige
08-12-2007, 11:50 PM
LOL.

Actually, I have found a hard truism in life that a lot of times people despise the characteristics in others that they despise in themselves. It's an uncomfortable thought.

very true indeed

Napa Auto Parts
08-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Ill have something to say if David Carr wins the starting Job. but i still think he is a poor pathetic excuse of a QB. Delhome might get benched sometime this season but david wont win the QB battle.

cuppacoffee
08-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Curious assumption on my part? When you can't even remember whether the first stringers made a first down or not? I imagine you're NOT pleased with what you saw if you didn't see any first downs. I saw the first downs and, yes, I'm pleased with what I saw. I saw a marked improvement from what we've had to live with. I'll assume that you didn't see the same thing I saw.

First downs?

7 plays 33 yards 3:09. Half the drive was a 15 yard completion to Andre.

Sounds like maybe 3 first downs? Correct me.

Bolding I knew without a doubt you were linking my underwhelmed opinion to my previous support of our former qb. You are wrong, but there is no way I can convince you of that, so I won't try.

I think you are taking my underwhelmed comment as a belief by me that we made a mistake with Schaub. I have not jumped to that conclusion by any stretch. I've never insinuated as much in any of my posts. I am not saying that now.

I expected more. Apparently you did not.

Now next week...I have 0 expectations.

I am eager to see Porter, Zabransky, Darius Walker, Jacoby, Mathis, Owen Daniels. I would like to see more of Abbate but I believe he is injured(?).

Peace, and go Coogs.

The Pencil Neck
08-13-2007, 01:33 AM
First downs?

7 plays 33 yards 3:09. Half the drive was a 15 yard completion to Andre.

Sounds like maybe 3 first downs? Correct me.

Why should I correct you again?

You were underwhelmed that our first stringers outscored their first stringers (with a couple of 2nd stringers) by 3 points.

OK.

Lower your expectations.

HJam72
08-13-2007, 02:21 AM
I was very unimpressed with the stat bars on NFL Field Pass.

I was more unimpressed with Suddenlink Cable and its non-offering of NFLN.

TexanSam
08-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Ill have something to say if David Carr wins the starting Job. but i still think he is a poor pathetic excuse of a QB. Delhome might get benched sometime this season but david wont win the QB battle.

I don't think there is a QB battle in Carolina to begin with. I think Delhomme is the well entrenched starter and they brought in Carr to replace the god awful Chris Weinke as his backup.

HJam72
08-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Carr will make the Texans look bad, though, because he'll play all preseason against non-starting defenders--and he has a lazer-rifle arm. Of course, there will still be those 13 yard losses on sacks. :shades:

Kaiser Toro
08-13-2007, 08:46 AM
The reason why Sage did not look so hot the other night was because he was not coming in after Carr.

Napa Auto Parts
08-13-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't think there is a QB battle in Carolina to begin with. I think Delhomme is the well entrenched starter and they brought in Carr to replace the god awful Chris Weinke as his backup.

So are you saying David is not good enough to be considered the starter i hope some of he's relatives arent lurking around or youll pay for it with Rep Points.

GP
08-13-2007, 10:42 AM
When there are 4 dlinemen and 3 LBs, all starters (not 2nd stringers), hunting down David as he takes the snap....then we need to watch and see how he does.

But for the Carr fans to throw a party, and for some Texans "quasi-fans" who "say" they stopped defending Carr yet here they are casting doubt and fear about Schaub, well...it's what it is, I guess.

I defended Carr for 4 1/2 years up until midway through 06 season. I gave him every ounce of my support until it was clear that he didn't have "it."

New team gonna' make him better? I seriously doubt it.

He hung a receiver out to dry, and got the WR drilled in the back. The result was a 15-yard penalty that gave new life to a drive that was dying. And the same DB (Dahl) who drew the penalty...he messed up the coverage on the long TD pass by Carr--Two HUGE mistakes by a 2nd string DB that cost the Giants a TD when it was going to be a punt and new possession for the Giants.

Meanwhile, Schaub avoids a sack (yes, it's possible for a QB to face pressure and still find a way to make an educated decision) and has the ball dropped by Walter. Walter gets tangled up on a possible TD play...but it would have been shrugged off had he caught the TD because the Carr fans would have said that it was blown coverage...and who says Walter would have caught it anyway?

Round and round we go, as you can see.

One thing I know for sure: I'm glad we are talking about Carr in this forum, and not the Texans forum.

gtexan02
08-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Schaub only played a few snaps, so its hard to take anything seriously from that.

And I know its been said before, but I thought i'd really like to say it again.

Its SO nice to have a competent QB in a Texans uniform.

I was reading the carolina messageboard, and I found a few posts that were just too funny not to share with you guys:

well in Carr's defense, his O-line isn't blocking for him very well, but yeah, he hasn't looked too good so far.

Carr must have felt like he was back in Houston

Good news though...Carr can run backwards really really fast.

Even my 77 year old mother said, "That number 8 needs to get rid of the ball faster. He holds it too long." She gives no one any slack.

And my personal favorite:

yea i thought it was funny that as soon as carr stepped in the giants d-line kept busting through.

Anyway, the point of this post was to try and make an estimation on what we are going to do with our OL. Its clear that our OL is not good. We have never had a great OL, however its never been nearly as bad as its looked. I think the Panthers fans observations are a perfect example.

I am assuming that Salaam will be the starter for most, if not all, of the season, hopefully paired with Pitts McKinney Weary and Winston. I dont think we'll see a lot of 5 and 7 step drops, but hopefully we can get rid of some of the dink and dunks that plagued our offense last season.

I am thinking with Schaub's confidence and pocket presence, coupled with our improved OL play, the addition of Ahman Green (a dang good blocking back) and adding on our anti-sack prevention (the 3 step drop) I think we'll be in the high 20's, low 30's for sacks allowed this season.

That would make me happy

red_dirt
08-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Why Gtexan02, are we cross?

Lucky
08-15-2007, 01:29 PM
This is where David Carr threads go.

gtexan02
08-16-2007, 09:19 AM
This is where David Carr threads go.

Just because I mentioned Carr doesn't make tis a Carr thread. It was supposed to be a thread about our OL

Overalls
08-16-2007, 01:22 PM
LOL.

Must be why I don't like smart, good looking, rich people.:laughjump:

petedy
08-16-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.cuhkacs.org/~henryporter/Bo-Blog/up/palpatine.jpg

I can feel your anger. :hothboy:

I love that picture you should send it to the Vikings messageboard because this looks like their coach Brad Childress.

The Pencil Neck
08-17-2007, 08:19 PM
From what I can see, Jake Delhomme really, really wants DC to be the starter in Carolina this year. He's having a terrible game against the Iggles.

Wolf
08-17-2007, 09:42 PM
eagles are putting it to the panthers tonight

ObsiWan
08-17-2007, 09:50 PM
From what I can see, Jake Delhomme really, really wants DC to be the starter in Carolina this year. He's having a terrible game against the Iggles.

Uh oh, the Cathouse boards will be live tonight. Davy just scrambled for six to cap off a 90-yd drive.

Overalls
08-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Well, atleast VY was in the tolet tonight completing less than a third of his passes and sacked 4 times in a half.

ObsiWan
08-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, atleast VY was in the tolet tonight completing less than a third of his passes and sacked 4 times in a half.

yep, Prince Vince had a 1st & goal at the 3 and the Pats stuffed them 4 straight times.

Maybe Vince needs to sleep in his own bed

.....or something.

Wolf
08-17-2007, 10:07 PM
funny thing again ...Gamecast says Carr threw int and it was Basanez that threw it.. last week it was a TD ..

ObsiWan
08-17-2007, 10:17 PM
funny thing again ...Gamecast says Carr threw int and it was Basanez that threw it.. last week it was a TD ..

Are you watching that game because cbs sportsline says the INT is Carr's.

Carolina Panthers at 06:21
1-10-PHI25(6:21) D.Carr pass short right INTERCEPTED by R.Barksdale at PHI 10. R.Barksdale to PHI 45 for 35 yards (E.Graham).

According to sportline game center Basanez started the following series....

1-10-CAR14(2:54) (Shotgun) B.Basanez pass incomplete right to C.Upshaw.
2-10-CAR14(2:50) B.Basanez pass incomplete to E.Shelton.
3-10-CAR14(2:46) (Shotgun) B.Basanez pass incomplete short middle to J.Gilmore.
4-10-CAR14(2:41) J.Baker punts 48 yards to PHI 38, Center-J.Kyle, fair catch by J.Bloom

aj.
08-17-2007, 10:17 PM
I found this never-before published photo from when Dave's plane arrived at Charlotte International:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/extras/oq/images/OQ6beatlesfans.jpg

Koolaid Time
08-17-2007, 10:22 PM
I found this never-before published photo from when Dave's plane arrived at Charlotte International:

I thought that was the picture from when Carr left Intercontinental Airport..

ObsiWan
08-17-2007, 10:31 PM

Its an internet hoax. This same photo was attributed to Vince Young's arrival in Nashville.

...it is rumored that this was actually taken when fans heard that Vinny was switching the HT.com msg board back to the original format.

the reports are sketchy
:)

petedy
08-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Are you watching that game because cbs sportsline says the INT is Carr's.

Carolina Panthers at 06:21
1-10-PHI25(6:21) D.Carr pass short right INTERCEPTED by R.Barksdale at PHI 10. R.Barksdale to PHI 45 for 35 yards (E.Graham).

According to sportline game center Basanez started the following series....

1-10-CAR14(2:54) (Shotgun) B.Basanez pass incomplete right to C.Upshaw.
2-10-CAR14(2:50) B.Basanez pass incomplete to E.Shelton.
3-10-CAR14(2:46) (Shotgun) B.Basanez pass incomplete short middle to J.Gilmore.
4-10-CAR14(2:41) J.Baker punts 48 yards to PHI 38, Center-J.Kyle, fair catch by J.Bloom

ESPN,Foxsports and NFL.com has it as a Basanez interception.

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Right now, he's looking pretty good. He's getting more long completions than he did with us last year. His completion percentage is down a little bit from last year. He hasn't thrown any picks. His QB rating is high.

But... he's been sacked 3 times in less than a full game and from the stat line, there was one time tonight that I thought he was sacked but apparently he ran into his own player and fumbled the ball (so it wasn't counted as a sack.) Then again, he's not playing against the first team AND they're not game planning for him.

But judging from the stat line, Delhomme was not looking exactly scintillating tonight, either. I've got half a mind to check out hte chatter over on a Panther's board.

I think they're playing the Panther game on NFLN right before the Texans/Cards. It will be good to actually see the game. Especially to see McNabb. It was looking like he was clicking on all cylinders.

mexican_texan
08-18-2007, 02:08 AM
What about Kolb?

JohnsonFan
08-18-2007, 02:15 AM
who won? and how did kolb do?

jgl35
08-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Played the whole second half.
Kolb had little time to throw. Very poor o line play in front of him and was blitzed. Had less then 2 sec. to get the ball off on almost every snap.
That being said, made a nice step up unto pocket with men around him to get pass off. Great reads of proper receiver
Threw a lot of 10 yard over the middle passes. Is a master in throwing the quick slant.
Hit Baskett for 18 yard first down with perfect pass and drew PI on long pass to Baskett.
Did hang Bloom out to dry on one throw.
Kolb looks to be a better pure WCO passer then McNabb. McNabb runs a hybred type thing. This doesn't mean that Kolb is a better passer than McNabb. He is not. Just a different style of passing.
This kid is hard nose. Nothing bothers him. In my opinion, he is a bit along then McNabb was in his rookie year.
Still needs work on a lot of thing, but improves every time I see him.

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Jake didn't look good, but he had no line help or WR help. Carr was working against mostly scrubs. Here are some Carolina Board comments......eerily familiar.:

*Does anyone else notice that Carr scrambles like 10 yards AWAY from the line of scrimmage when he's getting pressured?...and each time it leads to a sack OR a incompletion?

*Yeah, what's up with that?

*He looks like he is running for his life when he scrambles.

Must be having flash backs of his time in Texas.

*Carr looked really good running backwards.

*i swear if carr ever has to come in for us during the regular season, our season is basically over. i can't believe alot of fans want him taking over this team. he looks like that fool in napoleon dynamite who thought he was an all star qb.

*I haven't made many comments because I can't see the game for myself. However, Jake didn't have good stats and Carr couldn't manage a drive until the 4th quarter.

*I think Jake should start this year. Carr needs a year off.

ObsiWan
08-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Jake didn't look good, but he had no line help or WR help. Carr was working against mostly scrubs. Here are some Carolina Board comments......eerily familiar.:

some of us went to their board way back when they first signed him and tried to warn 'em....

BattleRedToro
08-18-2007, 10:05 AM
What is the deal with all of these statistics being inaccurately reported when they are first posted? It must be a preseason thing because I've never heard of it being such a problem before now.

aj.
08-18-2007, 11:45 AM

The common thought will be the Texans were responsible for 'ruining' him.

Granted, Carr was thrown into a terrible situation here in '02 with two rooks and a couple of scrubs on the OL. But if you're a good all-around QB, it will show through more than it did with DC.

'02 was a bad year for QBs as it turned out. When that happens, it means the best of the worst get elevated to the top of the draft board whether they belong there or not. I remember all the hoopla in early '02. Few knew it then, but Carr and Harrington were both being terribly over-valued at the time.

There's a long list of QBs taken high in the first round over the years that didn't pan out. And it's not always because the coaching/lack of talent around them that 'ruined' them. Sometimes they're just not cut out to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Brando
08-18-2007, 11:46 AM
*i swear if carr ever has to come in for us during the regular season, our season is basically over. i can't believe alot of fans want him taking over this team. he looks like that fool in napoleon dynamite who thought he was an all star qb.

Uncle Rico taught David how to QB, didn't you know?

BattleRedToro
08-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Carr and Harrington's careers are not over yet. You never know they may be able to turn their careers around on their respective new teams. We shall see.

BattleRedToro
08-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Uncle Rico taught David how to QB, didn't you know?

No, he taught Vince Young how to throw.

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2007, 12:44 PM
What is the deal with all of these statistics being inaccurately reported when they are first posted? It must be a preseason thing because I've never heard of it being such a problem before now.

No. They had that problem last year, too.

Brando
08-18-2007, 01:00 PM
No, he taught Vince Young how to throw.

2 of the finest from Uncle Rico's QB school.;)

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2007, 01:06 PM

It's kinda like the Anti-BYU or the Anti-USC.

Overalls
08-18-2007, 01:08 PM

It looks like VY needs some some extra homework. Uncle Rico is still a better passer than him.

PapaL
08-18-2007, 06:16 PM

Just don't want his bad QB germs infecting other people.

Yeah those gloves are awful.

Spled
08-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Carr's actually getting praised on the Carolina board - http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/56913-qb-controversy-inevitable.html

Honoring Earl 34
08-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Our backup QB is better than Carolina's backup QB . :fans:

HoustonFrog
08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Carr's actually getting praised on the Carolina board - http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/56913-qb-controversy-inevitable.html

Gluttons for Punishment

Mr teX
08-20-2007, 02:10 PM
You guys can say what you want, but i've been trying to keep a close eye on him & it looks like playing football has become fun for him again. He doesn't have the pressure on him that he had here & he looks like he's got a little more pep in his step.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2007, 04:15 PM
You guys can say what you want, but i've been trying to keep a close eye on him & it looks like playing football has become fun for him again. He doesn't have the pressure on him that he had here & he looks like he's got a little more pep in his step.

i have watched both games and his body language is much better. he has fewer highs and fewer lows. seems calmer in the huddle and at the LOS. he still has trouble with his pocket presence and keeping his eyes downfield when pressured. still sacks himself at times but, like last year, did show improvement in getting rid of the ball before going out of bounds or being tackled. he still throws at a low trajectory but to be honest I don't remember more than 2 passes blocked at the LOS.

he has been competing against 2nd and 3rd team defenses but still has made some good throws downfield which would display a marked improvement over his time with the Texans.

It's Delhomme's job but Carr has shown enough to get a shot if Jake struggles greatly. Barring injury, there will be no scenario in which Carr will start v. the Texans....but later Carr could get job if Jake sucks.

hollywood_texan
08-20-2007, 05:05 PM
i have watched both games and his body language is much better. he has fewer highs and fewer lows. seems calmer in the huddle and at the LOS. he still has trouble with his pocket presence and keeping his eyes downfield when pressured. still sacks himself at times but, like last year, did show improvement in getting rid of the ball before going out of bounds or being tackled. he still throws at a low trajectory but to be honest I don't remember more than 2 passes blocked at the LOS.

he has been competing against 2nd and 3rd team defenses but still has made some good throws downfield which would display a marked improvement over his time with the Texans.

It's Delhomme's job but Carr has shown enough to get a shot if Jake struggles greatly. Barring injury, there will be no scenario in which Carr will start v. the Texans....but later Carr could get job if Jake sucks.

I have watched both of Carr's preseason games. In both games, he did all right, but I didn't see this great change in his play or playmaker plays on his part.

As for Delhomme, that guy is in serious trouble. He looked horrible against the Eagles. And the Carolina line doesn't look that much better in pass protection when comparing them to the Texans. Carolina can run the football though.

I think Carr is going to get his chance sooner than later. That will become more clear the next 2 games in preseason. Delhomme is going to have to play better soon.

I think there is a shot Carr could play against the Texans. Delhomme is going into his 9th year, at this rate I really see him regressing rather than improving over the long haul. His play just doesn't seem like a bump in the road.

Take into consideration the belief in Carr they have (just listen to the announcers glow about picking up Carr), they are not going to give Delhomme a lot rope.

hadaad
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I think Carr is going to get his chance sooner than later. That will become more clear the next 2 games in preseason. Delhomme is going to have to play better soon.

I think there is a shot Carr could play against the Texans. Delhomme is going into his 9th year, at this rate I really see him regressing rather than improving over the long haul. His play just doesn't seem like a bump in the road.

Take into consideration the belief in Carr they have (just listen to the announcers glow about picking up Carr), they are not going to give Delhomme a lot rope.

I think there's a very thick line between the announcers glorying in the Carr pickup and the coaches saying, "Screw the two-year plan, let's get him in there now."

I think it would be a mistake of Capersian proportions to accelerate the Carr plan.

He's done fine in pre-season, he's happy to be there, good. They should let him heal up his psyche and see what happens after he's had a year and a bit in the system to figure things out.

For all the "Fox is on the hot-seat" talk, I don't imagine he's any worse off than most coaches and I think he'll be patient with Carr and ease him in.

Mr teX
08-20-2007, 06:15 PM
I think there's a very thick line between the announcers glorying in the Carr pickup and the coaches saying, "Screw the two-year plan, let's get him in there now."

I think it would be a mistake of Capersian proportions to accelerate the Carr plan.

He's done fine in pre-season, he's happy to be there, good. They should let him heal up his psyche and see what happens after he's had a year and a bit in the system to figure things out.
For all the "Fox is on the hot-seat" talk, I don't imagine he's any worse off than most coaches and I think he'll be patient with Carr and ease him in.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Barring injury to Delhomme, they need to keep him on the bench exactly for the reason you stated above.

Double Barrel
08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
I think there is a shot Carr could play against the Texans.

Could our defense be so lucky? :d:

threetoedpete
08-22-2007, 01:41 PM
The market spoke, Carr is a back up who we paid overpaid for. It really is that simple.

Not going to resond to this. Will say I think a lot of you guys have crossed over to the twilight zone on the obsession over DC.

hollywood_texan
08-22-2007, 01:55 PM

Carolina believes they are a playoff team. With that, they are not looking to start off 0-3. They expect to start off strong and not dig themselves into a hole early.

So, if Delhomme continues to struggle in the preseason like he did against the Eagles, and that carry's over to their opener on the road against St. Louis. Then, he has problems against the Texans early, don't be surprised if they throw Carr in the game late in the 2nd quarter or second half.

Just keep an eye on Delhomme, if continues to struggle, Carr is going to get his chance sooner, rather than later.

It's not that much of stretch for Carr to play against the Texans if you watch Delhomme's play this preseason and take into consideration his struggles last season. Maybe he'll turn it around this week. If not, keep a close on the eye on the situation.

Lucky
08-22-2007, 02:09 PM
This is getting out of hand, people. Now, Kurt Warner is wearing 2 gloves.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/2a/fullj.getty-76072267sd013_houston_texan.jpg

It's only the backup QBs. Now. But, this is how it starts. Next thing you know, Brady & Manning will have a commercial pimping their signature glove collection.

Brady: Giselle likes me in red gloves.
Manning: These blue gloves really set off my eyes.

Damn you, David Carr. The madness must stop. This is the worst trend since using a knife and fork to eat a candy bar.

axman40
08-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Who will be watching tonight's game with Carrolina vs NE?
:fans:

Overalls
08-24-2007, 07:36 PM
I might not watch any of it but I will catch some what is going on by going to NFL.com and watching it and other games by stats as they happen.

4Texans
08-24-2007, 08:09 PM
I've got the game on now. Did anyone notice that when Gumble and Dierdorf were talking about A. Thomas at the beginning, they showed film of Thomas sacking Carr...........

J-Russ
08-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Same ol' Davie... RB run,short pass to RB, then sack on 3rd down.

TEXANS84
08-24-2007, 10:13 PM
So far Carr has one pass for -1 yards and a no pocket presence sack.

the wonger need food
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
That series was David Carr's career in a nutshell.

TexSon
08-24-2007, 10:20 PM
one pass for -1 yards

Carr is a great QB, his completion percentage is 100%!!! :mad: :mad:

:D

Specnatz
08-24-2007, 10:21 PM
That series was David Carr's career in a nutshell.

I love the fact the announcers kept talking about all the sacks he had and then right after that, he gets sacked.

You just can't make up stuff as funny as that.

:specnatz:

TEXANS84
08-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Sidearm throw, blah.

TEXANS84
08-24-2007, 10:27 PM
LOL, the announcers just "hee-hee'd" Carr's gloves.

gg no re
08-24-2007, 10:29 PM
I rofl'd at the dig at Romo.

TexanSam
08-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Carr throws an interception.

TexansSeminole
08-24-2007, 10:30 PM
And he throws the INT to a rookie LB. Way to go.

TexSon
08-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Couple nice short throws, a delay of game and a pick. Hasn't changed a bit.

Specnatz
08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
LOL, the announcers just "hee-hee'd" Carr's gloves.

I almost fell out of my recliner I was laughing so hard, I missed the next few plays.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/ROFL.gif

TexanSam
08-24-2007, 10:34 PM
I almost fell out of my recliner I was laughing so hard, I missed the next few plays.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/ROFL.gif

I had no idea the Panthers were playing so I just turned it on as soon as Carr threw the interception. What did the announcer say about his gloves?

Honoring Earl 34
08-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Where did he go ? He was 5/6 .

TEXANS84
08-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I had no idea the Panthers were playing so I just turned it on as soon as Carr threw the interception. What did the announcer say about his gloves?

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050523/050523_michaeljackson_hmed_3p.h2.jpg

TexanSam
08-24-2007, 10:38 PM
The 3rd string QB for Carolina just made Carr look like Joe Montana

Trap_Star
08-24-2007, 10:40 PM
lol. "not a good night for Carr...but at least his passing % was high."-announcer guy.

Honoring Earl 34
08-24-2007, 10:41 PM
The 3rd string QB for Carolina just made Carr look like Joe Montana

Now that is hard to believe .

TexanSam
08-24-2007, 10:43 PM

To be fair he's only played one series, but he had a Van Pelt like pass, a 2 yard pass, then a 10 yard sack.

TexSon
08-24-2007, 10:45 PM

He attempted the patented "David Carr run backwards and get sacked" maneuver. Really an excellent impersonation.

Hervoyel
08-24-2007, 11:00 PM

He does seem a little less stressed I'll admit that. I don't think that he's any better than he was when he was here however. In that first series I saw his running back get them 3-4 yards on first down, a classic DC dump-off at the line of scrimmage that seemed to happen in fast-forward on second down, and a sack on third down where everyone on that offense seemed to feel the pressure a second or so before Carr did. When he finally bolted the pocket it was far too late.

I'm satisfied that I know everything I need to know about the quarterback play of David Carr. When he was here our line stunk and the offense seemed to be working twice as fast but going nowhere. Since he left and in the limited time we've seen the team play our offensive line is playing better (apparently) even with injury substitutions and the offense doesn't seem nearly as rushed. It also seems to go forward more often than it goes backwards.

tsip
08-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Carr's 1st drive against the Pats was vintage--2 short passes and a sack. Carr took a long drop and had time to throw, doing nothing to avoid the rush--instead, the sack.

JMO, but Carr is only concerned about 2 things--high completion and qb %.

He could very easily have thrown that ball at the feet of a receiver...

Schaub can work the pocket/throw away the ball/make all the throws and maintain a high completion rate--coming out of college, he had the 2nd highest completion rate in NCAA DIV1A History, several points higher than DC.

...just think Panther fans, play time is almost over--tonight was just a peek of things to come from the 'excuse man'--as long as u remember it's never DC's fault, you'll be OK...

2BCF
08-25-2007, 12:30 AM
That was classic Carr. :D

YellerLotYeller
08-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Wow that brought back memories. *wipes tear from eye*

beerlover
08-25-2007, 04:16 AM
doesnt seem to have much of a future as an NFL QB, hope he finds something useful to do with the millions Bob McNair gifted him :money:

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2007, 07:48 AM
He'll probably be playing a substantial part of the last preseason game...........those statistics should be very interesting.

Tedc
08-25-2007, 08:34 AM
He'll probably be playing a substantial part of the last preseason game...........those statistics should be very interesting.

If he plays well, his stats will become ammunition for fans if Delhomme starts slowly. That is one reason I hate the last preseason game. I know it has to be played to cut for the remaining teams needs but it is so close to real in terms of timing, yet it is played so far from real to protect the starters.

Hagar
08-25-2007, 09:12 AM
If he plays well, his stats will become ammunition for fans if Delhomme starts slowly.I know there are a lot of Delhomme haters in Carolina, but I thought he looked pretty sharp. I didn't count the drops, but they had a ton of droped passes, many of which Jake put right in the chest of the WR.

Biggest problem I saw with Carolina was they seem to have lost thier commitment to the run. They could use a decent no. 2 WR and upgrades as RB &/or interior o-line to help out there.

The first series in which Carr looked terrible, he had Carolina's 2nd team vs. Pat's 1st team. Carr looked better in the next series which ended badly. I have to admit the change of scenary is helping him calm down. I still think David needs to sit for a year or two then lets take a look at him. By that time the memory of some of those 249 sacks may have worn off.

tsip
08-25-2007, 09:21 AM

...so true. Posters on the Panther site are 'tripping'all over themselves to defend Carr's sack because it was against the Pats 1st team. Of course, they fail to mention Carr had time to pull the trigger/avoid the rush, etc.

And,no, there's no talk about his interception to the Pats scrubs where he showed

-can't read a defense
-can't find the open receiver
-has bad ball placement

Warning--reading their sight is 'nauseating'...Carol-the 20,000 post person was reminding everyone that David was just like the other rookie qbs and needs time--"We all know he's good."

4Texans
08-25-2007, 10:19 AM
...so true. Posters on the Panther site are 'tripping'all over themselves to defend Carr's sack because it was against the Pats 1st team. Of course, they fail to mention Carr had time to pull the trigger/avoid the rush, etc.

And,no, there's no talk about his interception to the Pats scrubs where he showed

-can't read a defense
-can't find the open receiver
-has bad ball placement

Yep, they're ticked about his sack being against the 1st team D. In his 6th year, David should know how to get rid of the ball in that situation by now. As for his 2nd series, he showed signs of being really solid, except for the delay of game penalty (familiar?). THEN,,, he gets them down to 20 and approaches the R E D Z O N E....... it was scripted from the past..... INT...

Mentaly, he still has a ways to go before he ever takes Jakes job. And he may never get there, because I don't think Fox and his staff can coach him up. Maybe they'll let him work with the 1st team O in the last preseason game. David should have signed with Seattle and worked with Holmgren.

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Mentaly, he still has a ways to go before he ever takes Jakes job. And he may never get there, because I don't think Fox and his staff can coach him up. Maybe they'll let him work with the 1st team O in the last preseason game. David should have signed with Seattle and worked with Holmgren.

I doubt that Pittsburg will have their 1st line D in the game for more than a few series, if any. Carr will probably be facing backups to scrubs..........and, even so, I doubt if his usual "pattern" is disturbed

Hervoyel
08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
....Biggest problem I saw with Carolina was they seem to have lost thier commitment to the run....

Exactly. You insert vintage Stephen Davis in there grinding away at the defense and they're not all that different from their Super Bowl team. I don't think that Delhomme is having as much of a bad year as he's just not up to the task of putting the whole offense on his back and winning it. I don't think he was ever that kind of guy anyway.

Add a powerful running back and they have no problems.

Mr. White
08-25-2007, 12:50 PM
David should have signed with Seattle and worked with Holmgren.

That's a lot tougher paycheck. We know that Mike Holmgren has a rep for being stern taskmaster. Jeff Davidson has a rep for being an O-Lineman and a TE coach.

If he wanted to get better mechanically, he would have taken the Seattle offer.

gary
08-25-2007, 12:56 PM
DC is just not fit to be a hall of fame QB.

Honoring Earl 34
08-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't know why I thought of this but I did . Will there be an * by the guy who breaks the sack record because he played in the Carr era ?

beerlover
08-25-2007, 01:49 PM
also the Carolina line looked bad with Jake in there too (even worse w/Carr) without a running game they'll be lucky to reach .500. clearly to win you need to control the line of scrimmage, a solid ground game, quick slants, hitch & goes should extend the field opening up some long toss. the combination of Davids stature in the pocket, delivery of throwing motion, lack of height, decision making & composure = failure - not limited to Texans only, if you expect big things from him your only fooling yourself :homer:

gary
08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Let's face it Carr just doesn't have any really good skills:fans: :fans: :fans:

2BCF
08-27-2007, 01:15 AM
I don't know why I thought of this but I did . Will there be an * by the guy who breaks the sack record because he played in the Carr era ?

Rep coming your way!

Second Honeymoon
08-27-2007, 01:17 AM

Smack Of The Week

HOU-TEX
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
DC is just not fit to be a hall of fame QB.

DC is just not fit to be a QB.

Fixed it for ya.:shades:

MightyTExan
08-30-2007, 03:43 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2004-12-14-inside-carr.jpg

Oh the memories!:crying:

Second Honeymoon
08-30-2007, 05:19 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2004-12-14-inside-carr.jpg

Oh the memories!:crying:

the very epitome of non-hetero

HOU-TEX
08-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Welp! It was dead for 3 days at least. Isn't that a record?:specnatz:

Wolf
08-31-2007, 07:23 PM
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/57876-what-did-you-think-about-carr-1st-team.html

their fans thoughts on Carr with 1st string