PDA

View Full Version : Strength of Schedule - NFL - Defensive Lines

Wolf
08-09-2007, 06:14 AM
All right, before I start this one, I'll explain it better. I took the defensive line rankings 1-32 (found here - http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2935257) then took the schedule of every NFL team, and found the average defensive line ranking of the opponents of every team. The lower the number the harder the schedule. Yes, this is not perfect, but it gives you an idea to whether or not your team will be able to run the ball very well this year.

Once again, the lower the number the tougher the defensive lines they face.

22. Houston Texans - 15.1250

http://armchairgm.com/index.php?title=Strength_of_Schedule_-_NFL_-_Defensive_Lines

I have never seen someone rank this before because I would think there are many other factors to include on rushing the ball, but anyway

kravix
08-09-2007, 11:37 AM
I dont remeber where I saw it, or what the criteria were, but an aritcle on NFL.com or ESPN talked about strength of scedule for each team. Ours was one of the easiest versus the run and one of the hardest versus the pass.. I believe they were based on cumlative overall run def and pass def of the opposing teams for the entire schedule. I will look for it again, but if someone else can link it that would be awesome.

real
08-09-2007, 11:44 AM
That seems about right...

Just another factor though...

And we all know factors don't matter...

ReliantTexan
08-09-2007, 11:53 AM
And we all know factors don't matter... It depends on what the factor is.

TexansLucky13
08-09-2007, 12:38 PM

It depends on what the factor is.

Not this again!

:backsout:

real
08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Not this again!

:backsout:

lol...

I won't go there this time...I'll just keep on steppin'...........:specnatz:

Mr teX
08-09-2007, 01:10 PM
lol...

I won't go there this time...I'll just keep on steppin'...........:specnatz:

LoL, get em' RT

brakos82
08-09-2007, 01:43 PM
I dont remeber where I saw it, or what the criteria were, but an aritcle on NFL.com or ESPN talked about strength of scedule for each team. Ours was one of the easiest versus the run and one of the hardest versus the pass.. I believe they were based on cumlative overall run def and pass def of the opposing teams for the entire schedule. I will look for it again, but if someone else can link it that would be awesome.

I think that's beause of Manning over there... :wild:

kravix
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
The article I was refering to was compared to other teams Def, not their off. So Manning had nothing to do with the strenght of schedule in those regards.

michaelm
08-09-2007, 08:58 PM

My gut reaction was to tell you to go factor yourself... my gut's a real *******, though, so I won't say it... :jk:

(go figure... I can type out the entire word *******, but if I substitute an asterisk for each "s", I get this *********)

Matt
08-09-2007, 09:38 PM
The article I was refering to was compared to other teams Def, not their off. So Manning had nothing to do with the strenght of schedule in those regards.

According to ESPN, Manning <i>always</i> matters. He is very Now. Not as Now as Tiger or LeBron, but pretty Now.

ReliantTexan
08-09-2007, 10:24 PM
lol...

I won't go there this time...I'll just keep on steppin'...........:specnatz:No seriously. Do you think that Mario's plantar fasciitis did not factor into his production.I did read your posts about this on another thread and you've come up wih this theory that every team has a bunch f reasons why they didn't succeed and that they cancel each other out and I agree somewhat.But to say that factors don't matter is a little overboard. Do you not think that the colts losing peyton for the season would not matter or that it would outweigh nearly every other teams losses.

ReliantTexan
08-09-2007, 10:25 PM
lol...

I won't go there this time...I'll just keep on steppin'...........:specnatz:No seriously. Do you think that Mario's plantar fasciitis did not factor into his production?I did read your posts about this on another thread and you've come up wih this theory that every team has a bunch f reasons why they didn't succeed and that they cancel each other out and I agree somewhat.But to say that factors don't matter is a little overboard. Do you not think that the colts losing peyton for the season would not matter or that it would outweigh nearly every other teams losses?