PDA

View Full Version : Bears/Texans Blue Crew Tailgate

LonghornBabe
08-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Ok...I am too excited!! I just had to start a thread to "plan" our tailgate!! :)

Ok...what is everyone bringing? David, are you bringing the grill? Sandy...I know you are bringing some Earl sausages! :)

I am definitely going to bring some things to throw on the grill, some chips and dips and some desserts!!

Let's get REAAAADDDDYYYY to tailgate! WOO HOO!!!

I am also bringing 4 friends with us. Sandy, is Aaron going to be there? Two of the guys coming with us are 15 yrs old! :)

Yankee_In_TX
08-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Me, Adam and Sterf, Manuel, Mike and his dad.

New EZ Up, flag pole, stand for my inflatable player, grill, and more. Very excited :)

TxDavid
08-05-2007, 10:51 PM
David, are you bringing the grill?

The grill will be there, and as always anyone is welcome to use it. Gonna fire it up this week for some pre-tailgating season maintenance.....

Tedc
08-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Kathryn, the kids and I will be there.

I just went to my first preseason game and I am ready for some Texans preseason! It is great that football season is here.

It will be so good to see everyone!!

I need to get with Kathryn to figure out what we are bringing. When I get back to town I will post later.

SheTexan
08-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok...I am too excited!! I just had to start a thread to "plan" our tailgate!! :)

Ok...what is everyone bringing? David, are you bringing the grill? Sandy...I know you are bringing some Earl sausages! :)

I am definitely going to bring some things to throw on the grill, some chips and dips and some desserts!!

Let's get REAAAADDDDYYYY to tailgate! WOO HOO!!!

I am also bringing 4 friends with us. Sandy, is Aaron going to be there? Two of the guys coming with us are 15 yrs old! :)

Aaron will be there! So will EARL'S! Earl's haven't missed a game yet, and they won't start now!! It's a tradition with the Blue Crew!!

I'll bring something else to throw on the grill, as well as some goodies of some type, probably an earthquake cake. The Bear's won't know what hit um!!:)

Lauren
08-06-2007, 11:38 PM
We'll be in blue this time, but will hopefully get to stop by and see y'all before the game! That is if I don't drink too much wine and Dante keeps his pants on.

:texans84:

Everyone is more than welcome to hike it the short trip over to our tailgate! We are having Italian beef flown in from Chicago. :D You absolutely must come and eat some.

Specnatz
08-06-2007, 11:47 PM
I thought I could not attend, which I am still not sure. Anyone have a ticket at cost ??

Cant do much at tailgate cause of attending gate then game then driving back to austin. This will be crazy for me but why not.

It is either this game or cowboys, I can only attend one. What do yall think??

TEXANS84
08-07-2007, 01:18 PM
:texans84:

Everyone is more than welcome to hike it the short trip over to our tailgate! We are having Italian beef flown in from Chicago. :D You absolutely must come and eat some.

We'll be at the front of blue in a large RV with Nautic Share on the side. Anyone is welcome to migrate over there to get out of the sun (has two a/c's) and relax while watching the 42' plasma with satellite TV!

And like Lauren said, italian beef flown in from Chicago as we speak.

Tedc
08-07-2007, 01:38 PM
We'll be at the front of blue in a large RV with Nautic Share on the side. Anyone is welcome to migrate over there to get out of the sun (has two a/c's) and relax while watching the 42' plasma with satellite TV!

Was it flown in last night? I was on the plane leaving from Alanta to Houston on Air Tran when a young woman and man walked by my seat with about 6-8 white boxes of food that smelled great. That would be a small world.

Yankee_In_TX
08-07-2007, 01:42 PM

I don't know you any more.

TEXANS84
08-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't know you any more.

You wish you did on Saturday when the heat index is at 103.

Plus, you guys probably won't want to hang out with Lauren.

TEXANS84
08-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Was it flown in last night? I was on the plane leaving from Alanta to Houston on Air Tran when a young woman and man walked by my seat with about 6-8 white boxes of food that smelled great. That would be a small world.

Well, its coming from Chicago leaving this evening..tracking for Thursday morning.
http://www.kiomag.com/i/u/182139/i/mj0401Port.jpg

Tedc
08-07-2007, 02:08 PM
You wish you did on Saturday when the heat index is at 103.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/DiapHer/CasualFriday.jpg

You wouldn't want to burn your legs again, would ya?

txchick1971
08-07-2007, 04:26 PM
MY FIRST TIME.........SOME OF MY SON'S FOOTBALL TEAM WILL BE THERE...........:fans:

Lauren
08-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Plus, you guys probably won't want to hang out with Lauren.

Why not? ;)

Tedc
08-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Why not? ;)

That is what I was wondering.

gwallaia
08-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I'll be there. Looking forward to a hug from Grandma.

Lauren
08-07-2007, 10:19 PM
He is just remembering the curse from last year. :(

Lauren
08-07-2007, 10:20 PM
^^ Forgot to quote Ted.

Yankee_In_TX
08-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, its coming from Chicago leaving this evening..tracking for Thursday morning.
http://www.kiomag.com/i/u/182139/i/mj0401Port.jpg

Blue Lot, RV, cheesesteak, got it.

(hmmm, BC should have Runza flown in!)

Anyone know if the "BC" RV will have the margharita machine going? And any way to contact them if we wanted to bring some extra supplies for it?

TEXANS84
08-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Blue Lot, RV, cheesesteak, got it.

Its not cheesesteak!

Yankee_In_TX
08-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Its not cheesesteak!

*inserts Italian Beef joke here*

Lauren
08-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Its not cheesesteak!
I second that! The damn thing doesn't even have cheese on it anywhere.

Ryan knows why nobody is going to want to hang out with me. ;) Hee hee! Don't say anything though...I want it to be a surprise.

gary
08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I'll drop by see everyone and then go watch the game. See you all out there. I can't wait for it.:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

Yankee_In_TX
08-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I second that! The damn thing doesn't even have cheese on it anywhere.

Ryan knows why nobody is going to want to hang out with me. ;) Hee hee! Don't say anything though...I want it to be a surprise.

The same reason no one is going to want to hang out with my buddy Mike.

Bad gas.

TEXANS84
08-08-2007, 02:02 PM
http://i.bluedot.us/01/e7/b78e/167e193a/41ffc8b459cff6c2a3_5.jpg

SheTexan
08-08-2007, 02:37 PM
I'll be there. Looking forward to a hug from Grandma.

You've got it too Greg!! Can't wait to see everyone again!! You gonna bring those puff ball things?? Those things are GOOD!!!:drool:

BigWig
08-08-2007, 02:49 PM

Sounds like y'all belong at a Cowboys tailgate not a Texans tailgate.
Wine and cheese, pppuuuuuulllllllease!
Whats next crooutons on the salad, and fine linen for napkins and silver utensils!:cowboy1:

TEXANS84
08-08-2007, 02:51 PM
jealous people.

hobie
08-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Sounds like y'all belong at a Cowboys tailgate not a Texans tailgate.
Wine and cheese, pppuuuuuulllllllease!
Whats next crooutons on the salad, and fine linen for napkins and silver utensils!:cowboy1:

WHAT, you mean to tell me that fine linens and silver utensils is wrong...DAMN IT JEEVES, you're fired !

SheTexan
08-08-2007, 03:14 PM
fingers and a shirt tail is all ya need!!:doot:

TxDavid
08-08-2007, 04:11 PM
fingers and a shirt tail is all ya need!!:doot:

We have to wear shirts?

PS....Think I might do some root beer floats again. It's gonna be hot enough for 'em. Might spike a watermelon with some coconut rum also. Will see what happens....

SheTexan
08-08-2007, 04:35 PM
We have to wear shirts?
Might spike a watermelon with some coconut rum also.

Shirts not required!! Everything the Blue Crew cooks is finger lickin good anyway!!

Never thought about spiking a watermelon David. I've got one all nice and chilled in my refrig right now. Clue me in on what to do!

Texan_Bill
08-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Shirts not required!! Everything the Blue Crew cooks is finger lickin good anyway!!

Never thought about spiking a watermelon David. I've got one all nice and chilled in my refrig right now. Clue me in on what to do!

You don't imbibe alcohol!! So when you bring it, I will be happy to take care of it for ya.... :heart:

Texan_Bill
08-08-2007, 04:58 PM
I'll drop by see everyone and then go watch the game. See you all out there. I can't wait for it.:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

Gary.. Can't wait to meet you face to face buddy!!!

TxDavid
08-08-2007, 05:03 PM

Just slice it up into large chunks, toss it into a container and soak it down with a liquor of your choice. I like coconut rum (Parrot Bay or Malibu).

It's also best to use a seedless watermelon. That way you can use the leftover liquid for shots without having to pick out the seeds. You can also strain it if there are seeds in it.

If you like cherries, you can soak cherries in vodka - a.k.a. cherry bombs.

Texans_Chick
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM
I'll be there with boots on. Can't wait to see everyone again. :texflag:

BTW, anyone looking for tickets but not finding any might check for some reasonable ones from a broker. My broker buddy says that the sales for the Bears game are pretty soft. (Cowboy tickets are hard to come by, but Chiefs are still easy to get).

Joe Texan
08-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Did Slomone Says a speeked waterbuffalomellon

Texan_Bill
08-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Joe..... Set the beverage down......

gary
08-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Gary.. Can't wait to meet you face to face buddy!!! How will I know it's you Bill?

DiapHer
08-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Gary I will send you a picture of Bill.

Yankee_In_TX
08-09-2007, 08:58 AM
How will I know it's you Bill?

Look for the guy that always looks confused ;-)

Yankee_In_TX
08-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Gary I will send you a picture of Bill.

http://www.andybiggart.com/Pages/Journal/2004/06-June/quagmire.gif

Yankee_In_TX
08-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Just slice it up into large chunks, toss it into a container and soak it down with a liquor of your choice. I like coconut rum (Parrot Bay or Malibu).

It's also best to use a seedless watermelon. That way you can use the leftover liquid for shots without having to pick out the seeds. You can also strain it if there are seeds in it.

If you like cherries, you can soak cherries in vodka - a.k.a. cherry bombs.

In college, we would drill a hole in the top, and jam the bottle it in. Once the bottle empties, we'd plug the hole, put it on its side, then roll it over every 4/5 hours.

Then slice and make punch.

Texan_Bill
08-09-2007, 09:03 AM
How will I know it's you Bill?

I'm the best looking character in the group... j/k Good point, is anyone making name tags this year?? *ahem** Yankee, with your awesome relatively new printer???

DiapHer
08-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm the best looking character in the group....

He's already received the photo and knows the REAL truth!!!

Texan_Bill
08-09-2007, 09:05 AM

Huh?!?!?........... What???!?

Yankee_In_TX
08-09-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm the best looking character in the group... j/k Good point, is anyone making name tags this year?? *ahem** Yankee, with your awesome relatively new printer???

Sorry, it's apparently bash Bill morning, lol.

No, not this year - after 2 years of carting around a LOT of name tags that people never picked up. I MAY make them for only Blue Crew members that I KNOW I will see.

Texan_Bill
08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
He's already received the photo and knows the REAL truth!!!

Good lookin' devil, aint I????

No worries about Bill bashin' this mornin'. I will take this one for the team as apparently a few folks need to work out some pent up frustrations... :cowboy1:

gary
08-09-2007, 09:31 AM
See you there Bill:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

Texan_Bill
08-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Right on, my man!!

txchick1971
08-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I'll be there with boots on. Can't wait to see everyone again. :texflag:

BTW, anyone looking for tickets but not finding any might check for some reasonable ones from a broker. My broker buddy says that the sales for the Bears game are pretty soft. (Cowboy tickets are hard to come by, but Chiefs are still easy to get).

KYF VARSITY BUCCANEERS STILL HAS TICKETS AND PARKING PASSES FOR SALE........CHEAP.......ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE TEAM :fans: TICKETS I HAVE ARE

4 SEC 613 ROW D
4 SEC 613 ROW K
6 SEC 604 ROW R

ALL TICKETS ARE $25 BUCKS PARKING PASSES ARE $15

gary
08-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Can't wait It's going to be a BLAST

TEXANS84
08-09-2007, 10:12 AM
In college, we would drill a hole in the top, and jam the bottle it in. Once the bottle empties, we'd plug the hole, put it on its side, then roll it over every 4/5 hours.

LOL, that just sounds funny. Sorry, carry on.

BullPenPhotos
08-09-2007, 10:18 AM

Then slice and make punch.

LOL, that just sounds funny. Sorry, carry on.

Now this sounds like a picture that is going to have to show up on the other thread...

Baxter.56
08-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Me, Adam and Sterf, Manuel, Mike and his dad.

New EZ Up, flag pole, stand for my inflatable player, grill, and more. Very excited :)

Yes Sterf and I will drive the truck to Ryan's house to pick up the grill. We will be bringing two to three folding chairs, napkins, plates, and utensils. Will Deaner be bringing his weiner's.

We plan on leaving for the tailgate at 2:00 P.M. A trip to the Blue lot for an hour is always a good time. Granted you do not leave anyone behind sleeping in the car... :joker:

Dr2bKay
08-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Yankee,

I need a name tag....

Yankee_In_TX
08-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes Sterf and I will drive the truck to Ryan's house to pick up the grill. We will be bringing two to three folding chairs, napkins, plates, and utensils. Will Deaner be bringing his weiner's.

We plan on leaving for the tailgate at 2:00 P.M. A trip to the Blue lot for an hour is always a good time. Granted you do not leave anyone behind sleeping in the car... :joker:

Yellow, not Blue. And you mean 1:30, not 2!

SheTexan
08-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Yellow, not Blue. And you mean 1:30, not 2!

I am confused!! Yank, did you give up platinum??

Texan_Bill
08-09-2007, 11:13 AM

I don't think so, otherwise he would have said 2:30 for gates opening at 3:00.

SheTexan
08-09-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't think so, otherwise he would have said 2:30 for gates opening at 3:00.

Then I guess YANKEE is confused!!idonno: :confused:

Texan_Bill
08-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Then I guess YANKEE is confused!!idonno: :confused:

And he had the audacity to say this about me?:

Yankee_In_TX
08-09-2007, 11:26 AM

Not at all. But we like making trips over to Shotgun 30. Some how, the trip back is always shorter.... (I was correcting Adam calling Yellow Blue)

SheTexan
08-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Not at all. But we like making trips over to Shotgun 30. Some how, the trip back is always shorter.... (I was correcting Adam calling Yellow Blue)

Phew!! I was worried!! You leave we lose Lindsay, and that just is NOT acceptable!!!! J/K Yank!! We love you too!!!!:heart:

gary
08-09-2007, 11:43 AM
I can't wait:fans: :fans: :fans:

Joe Texan
08-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Gary Bill is the one who has all the ladies standing around him:whip:

SheTexan
08-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Gary Bill is the one who has all the ladies standing around him:whip:

Including ME!! :heart:

Joe! Will your motor home friends be there Sat?? Just wondering. Will be nice to see Donna again.

How was your trip to Canton? Did ya yell LOUD and strong for Bruce??

Texan_Bill
08-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Including ME!! :heart:

Joe! Will your motor home friends be there Sat?? Just wondering. Will be nice to see Donna again.

How was your trip to Canton? Did ya yell LOUD and strong for Bruce??

Of course including you... You are the main "lady"

If Joe doesn't answer for Andy and Donna being there, I will. Yes. They emailed the other day...

SheTexan
08-09-2007, 01:28 PM

If Joe doesn't answer for Andy and Donna being there, I will. Yes. They emailed the other day...

That's great!! Very nice people!! Look forward to seeing them both!!

LonghornBabe
08-09-2007, 02:45 PM

I thought I was your main lady....... :(

Just teasin'! Sandy and I share very well!

I am soooo excited. I haven't seen you guys in sooo long and no one comes to visit me in New Braunfels!

Joe Texan
08-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry GMA but Donna told me she was not coming but Andy was so we will see, It will be great to see all of you again.

Canton was wonderful, and we got to ride the plane home with Jay Pennison, Center for the Oilers, and he also has 2 clubs, one in sugarland and one on copperfeild. It was real interesting to hear the Carolina fans and the atlanta fans,

Carolina- Thanks for Carr, Why does he throw like that?

Me- You get what you pay for.

Atlanta fans- AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Me- YEP

Over all we had a great time and Billy and Ted were well liked by all
We had 350 children at our childrens tailgate and all went home with stuff.

Double Barrel
08-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Is there an 'official' beer of preference for the Blue Crew?

I think my peeps and I are going to skip our tailgate this weekend and head y'all's way. Should be easy to find, yeah?

texanmojo
08-09-2007, 03:22 PM

You coming by Yankee? I have to make the beer run in the morning...gotta get all the beer I can for Saturday. Probably will pickup the usual 30 cases.

In the meantime...this was from last season...gets me excited just thinking that football season is finally here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrP-e_-rhN0

Overalls
08-09-2007, 03:28 PM
It doesn't look like I will make it this weekend. Somebody drink a diet Coke for me.

Texan_Bill
08-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Is there an 'official' beer of preference for the Blue Crew?

I think my peeps and I are going to skip our tailgate this weekend and head y'all's way. Should be easy to find, yeah?

Yes..... It's callled "Free Beer".... J/K

Everyone brings their own...

Double Barrel
08-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Yes..... It's callled "Free Beer".... J/K

Everyone brings their own...

Well I don't drink, but we shall come bearing gifts! Bud Lite cool?

gary
08-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Closer and closer to football

BeerFairy
08-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Can't wait to see everyone again!!!! I've missed you all!!!

Jen :texflag:

Texan_Bill
08-10-2007, 08:10 AM

Book, reader, Jen??? Is that you???

Texan_Bill
08-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Well I don't drink, but we shall come bearing gifts! Bud Lite cool?

Bud Light, works for me... No seriously, don't worry about moi. I went to HEB last night and I am stocked up, and ready to to go!!!!

gary
08-10-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm ready

Texan_Lee
08-10-2007, 10:09 AM

I see you finally got back on! :user:

LonghornBabe
08-10-2007, 10:22 AM

It will be good to see the newly married Beer Fairy!! :)

disaacks3
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Yep, can't wait...gonna start seasoning & marinating stuff tonight. :excited:

Dr2bKay
08-10-2007, 11:37 AM
I woke up this morning and was excited that we just have 1 more day left....:fans: I can't wait to see you all.:doot:

SheTexan
08-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Just got back from a Wally Mart run. Wanted to test the aft heat index, and I can assure you, I just about FRIED!! Stocked up on extra water and gatoraide, and bringing an ice chest with just ICE!!

DB, I don't drink either but will have extra beer. My son-in-law is an odd ball, he drinks Coors! lol

Gonna be a tough tailgate for this old lady, BUT, I will be there!! Gonna sit my behind on a bag of ice under Jeff's mister!!

See you all in about 24 hrs!!!!

Tedc
08-10-2007, 03:27 PM

No that is not her.

Beer Fairy is a very pretty, petite blonde who hangs out with those stuck up snobs with the misting fan.

Book reader Jen goes by another name here and hangs out with TxDavid (I think it has something to do with his rubber horns).

Texan_Bill
08-10-2007, 03:31 PM
No that is not her.

Beer Fairy is a very pretty, petite blonde who hangs out with those stuck up snobs with the misting fan.

Book reader Jen goes by another name here and hangs out with TxDavid (I think it has something to do with his rubber horns).

Hangs out with TxDavid?? j/K.. Rubber horns???? lol!!

You're right, but its been so long since she's been on I thought maybe she changed her username...

Texan_Bill
08-10-2007, 03:32 PM
T-minus 22 hours, 30 minutes...........

gary
08-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Yippy

TxDavid
08-10-2007, 04:31 PM

That's a different Jen, Bill. Book Jen hasn't been on this board in a while. She's been busy with school.

BullPenPhotos
08-10-2007, 04:52 PM

SNOBS????

You are just mad because we get all of the women wet...
:shower:

LonghornBabe
08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Is it time for me to head to Houston yet??? :)

TEXANS84
08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Is it time for me to head to Houston yet??? :)

Yes.

Signed,

Severely hungover and can't wait to leave work.

Yankee_In_TX
08-10-2007, 06:34 PM
All right. Yet another trip to Lowe's and home depot. A little more hardware work, then a beer and food run. Going spicy kelbasa (it was a LONG day and that test was HARD!) and home made guac.

About to make my tailgating check-off list (for the season).

Does anyone have an extra Bullpen seat? Craig (who bought a half a season) wants to come, but is worried that if he stays outside no one he knows will still be tailgating.

Specnatz
08-10-2007, 08:48 PM
T-minus 22 hours, 30 minutes...........

OK since I have never been there and tailgated, got my blue pass and ticket but what time do yall start and or what time would be good to show up and is there anything I can do to help or bring?

:texflag:

I am really looking forward to this.

P.S. Tedc, I am sending ya an email now that my camera which was sorta borrowed without my permission has been returned.

Texans_Chick
08-10-2007, 09:53 PM
OK since I have never been there and tailgated, got my blue pass and ticket but what time do yall start and or what time would be good to show up and is there anything I can do to help or bring?

I am really looking forward to this.

P.S. Tedc, I am sending ya an email now that my camera which was sorta borrowed without my permission has been returned.

If you have a Blue pass, you can get there as early as 3. The Blue Crew folks will be set up by then. The lots will start getting more filled up between 4-5.

Wear sunscreen and bring water and whatever beverage that suits you. Peeps usually bring a variety of food like a potluck, so if you feel like it, bring something tasty to nosh (disposable pans are often best).

Tomorrow's weather: 10% chance of rain, wear your shades :cool:

6am

77F
Feels Like
82F

9am

84F
Feels Like
91F

12pm

93F
Feels Like
104F

3pm
96F
Feels Like
106F
6pm

94F
Feels Like
104F

9pm

86F
Feels Like
94F

Specnatz
08-10-2007, 10:01 PM
If you have a Blue pass, you can get there as early as 3. The Blue Crew folks will be set up by then. The lots will start getting more filled up between 4-5.

Wear sunscreen and bring water and whatever beverage that suits you. Peeps usually bring a variety of food like a potluck, so if you feel like it, bring something tasty to nosh (disposable pans are often best).

Tomorrow's weather: 10% chance of rain, wear your shades :cool:

I got water, gatoraid, Mt Dew, 12-pk Shiner and was going to bring a package of Bratz and some chips. That way if any needs something it is there. Was figuring something simple for first trip.

Thank for the info. Was so very unsure of time. :fans:

:specnatz:

Tedc
08-10-2007, 10:25 PM

That e-mail must be being delivered by USPS because I still don't have it.

Specnatz
08-10-2007, 10:33 PM
That e-mail must be being delivered by USPS because I still don't have it.

Well for some odd reason the movies that were made with my camera, and other pics are to big to be sent to a yahoo ... so I just put them on a DVD and will bring them with me.

Sorry about that, I do apoogize.

Well it says it was sent .. ok odd either way I will have it on a DVD just incase.

LonghornBabe
08-10-2007, 11:19 PM
ok.....

Oreo Truffles are made
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars are made
Cheesecake stuffed strawberries are made
Bread and Butter Jalapeno dip is made
Ice chests are packed
Now I just have to drive over in the morning....

Can't wait to see everyone!!! It has been a LONG off season....

We are leaving New Braunfels at 8:30am....see y'all in a few hours!!!

michaelm
08-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Sorry, it's apparently bash Bill morning, lol.

No, not this year - after 2 years of carting around a LOT of name tags that people never picked up. I MAY make them for only Blue Crew members that I KNOW I will see.

Come on, you mean 84's RV doesn't have a print room so you can make them by request?!?!?

whiskeyrbl
08-11-2007, 04:19 AM
New to Blue. Would like to come by and meet you guys. Last year we were in Maroon with practicaly no tailgating around us so not to sure how it works. I am taking off work at noon( to go buy beer ). So if it is ok my fiance and I would like to swing by and get to know y'all. I hope we win or atleast look good I'm giving up 7 hours of OT to go tonight. Will be in area around 3.:party: :gotexans1 :fans:

Kaiser Toro
08-11-2007, 06:15 AM
ok.....

Oreo Truffles are made
Ice chests are packed

Those are some tasty sounding treats.

Tedc
08-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Those are some tasty sounding treats.

Yeah, and you should see some of the food she brings. :shades:

txchick1971
08-11-2007, 07:16 AM
wow....that's a lot of prepping.........we have a football scrimmage from 9 to 11 this morning..........then i have to pack the ice chest..........but i'm just bringing a grill......i made someone else bring food..........lol

LonghornBabe
08-11-2007, 08:12 AM
New to Blue. Would like to come by and meet you guys. Last year we were in Maroon with practicaly no tailgating around us so not to sure how it works. I am taking off work at noon( to go buy beer ). So if it is ok my fiance and I would like to swing by and get to know y'all. I hope we win or atleast look good I'm giving up 7 hours of OT to go tonight. Will be in area around 3.:party: :gotexans1 :fans:

Come on by!! :) We are in the corner of the Platinum Lot near Westridge and Kirby!! :) Ask for Grandma or Kimberly....we will make sure you are welcomed!! :) (My tailgating spot is C4...so look around that area!!)

LonghornBabe
08-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Yeah, and you should see some of the food she brings. :shades:

I love you Ted!!! I can't wait to hug your neck and Kathryn's neck!!! :)

We are about to head out. Just finished packing up the truck!!!!

Houston or BUST!! :)

Yankee_In_TX
08-11-2007, 08:31 AM
ok.....

Oreo Truffles are made
Ice chests are packed

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! L is upset she won't be getting any :)

Kaiser Toro
08-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Leaving Austin in 20 minutes. Depending upon my in-laws' disposition we may stroll over and say howdy. :texflag:

BeerFairy
08-11-2007, 10:49 AM

Yes it is me!!! And thank you Jeff for your help getting me back on! Apparently my screen name was MIA!

I am sooo looking forward to tonight!!!!

BeerFairy
08-11-2007, 10:56 AM
No that is not her.

LOL...ha...was wondering what the book reader comment was about (although I am one of those too). Guess I'm a different Jen, but I still like TxDavids rubber horns... :whip:

Tedc
08-11-2007, 11:54 AM
LOL...ha...was wondering what the book reader comment was about (although I am one of those too). Guess I'm a different Jen, but I still like TxDavids rubber horns... :whip:

All the ladies (and a couple men) do.:fans:

Tedc
08-12-2007, 10:49 AM
We had a hot time out there!

It was really great seeing everyone again. We had a lot of regulars and it was very nice to see all of the visitors we had. TDC was in the house (I need some of the pics guys) and Gary came over (it is always good to see your positive attitude). Specnatz made a visit as well. We had a ton of great food. I knew LongHorn Babe was sweet but who knew she was a candymaker?

You could tell we had some tailgating rust but I am sure we will be ready when it really counts!

txchick1971
08-12-2007, 10:54 AM
yea we didn't make it over it was too hot to move.......i drank cold beer and the boys played football and made the evening news....thank gawd we got to go over to the training facility for their training clinic and was there while it rained......lol, i left my canopy up and it scratched my truck dangit....oh well we had fun.....loved our seats in the 118 section.......we look forward to going again...by the way, single mama here always looking for cheep seats......hee,hee,hee

SheTexan
08-12-2007, 11:57 AM
I think we had a great tailgate!! THANKS to everyone for taking care of me and my grandson's! All my goodies got stuck in the back of my son-in-laws truck, with a broken lock, and we didn't get anything out until right before time to go to the game. You all provided us with drinks, food, chairs, and just loving care!!! This is why I love you all so much!!

I have to send a SPECIAL thinks to Dean and Jeff for the mister and fan!! You guys saved my BUTT!! Hopefully by the girls game, my health will be better and I won't need it!

For those of you who knew about my health situation, I thank you SOOOO much, from the bottom of my heart, for taking such good care of me!! My BLUE CREW family is the very best!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gma

LonghornBabe
08-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Great tailgate everyone!!

It was wonderful to see all my old friends and make some new ones!!

Thanks everyone for being so nice to my friends that I brought!!

Good friends, good food.....what more could a person ask for?!?!?

Specnatz
08-12-2007, 06:41 PM
I had a blast, it was great to meet more of this group. Yankee, SheTexan, Longhornbabe, Joe Texan, and Texan_Chick plus many others who I met for the first time. What a wonderful bunch of folks that I can not say enough good things about.

:specnatz:

:fans:

Tedc
08-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Good friends, good food.....what more could a person ask for?!?!?

Good football.

Texans_Chick
08-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Good football.

Well yeah, that too.

It was great seeing everybody. Really, encouraging tailgating and the creation of a fan community was a terrific thing for the Texans to do. Lots of teams have grim or no tailgate opportunties.

Da_General
08-12-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure if it was just me, but it felt like the tailgating was in mid-season form. Usually the preseason tailgating is a bit scaled-down and "tame". Yesterday was GREAT! The rookies in our group were quite impressed with the hospitality and love we were given, with the exception of some group (the name escapes me at the moment) that shooed us off quite rudely, proclaiming that their tailgate was a "private party" and didn't want outsiders interrupting. Uh...ok...just when I thought I'd seen everything in the lots, something new surprises me!

Thanks to everyone ELSE who always makes those treks around the lots worth it. The BPPB loves you guys!!!

Texan_Lee
08-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey General, That might be the same group that had that one guy post the bad message about the band...

Anyways, it was great being back home! Great to see everyone there, and like every tailgate, meet new people along the way. This will be a little different as we are on, off, on, off, etc. throughout the first half of the season (regarding our tailgating). Those tailgates that go on for three weeks in a row can get to you in a way. But at least we still see everyone.

Great tailgate everyone, and see some of you this weekend at PF!

Double Barrel
08-13-2007, 10:31 AM
We had a hot time out there!

It was really great seeing everyone again. We had a lot of regulars and it was very nice to see all of the visitors we had. TDC was in the house (I need some of the pics guys) and Gary came over (it is always good to see your positive attitude). Specnatz made a visit as well. We had a ton of great food. I knew LongHorn Babe was sweet but who knew she was a candymaker?

You could tell we had some tailgating rust but I am sure we will be ready when it really counts!

Good to see y'all out there! Wish I could have met everyone. We were headed back towards the Blue Crew (after a quick trip to St. Arnolds with Texans Chick) when the sky opened up on us. We still had a good hour of tailgating, too!

We'll be back, though, especially now that we know where to find you! :thumbup :fans:

TEXANS84
08-13-2007, 10:42 AM
It was hot and rained?

Thanks to all who stopped by the RV.

Kimberly, pm me your address please.

And unfortunatley, the 42' plasma that we had outside did not make it. They tied it back down in the back after the game...drove home...opened the back to see that the straps came undone and it fell over...shattered.

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Ouch.

Highlight of the night - Mike signing "Bear Down" and Lauren responding with the "Superbowl Shuffle." If only I had videoed the event.

Da_General
08-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey General, That might be the same group that had that one guy post the bad message about the band...

I don't think they're the same...the tailgating group was called "Pacesetters". I don't remember ever seeing them before...

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't think they're the same...the tailgating group was called "Pacesetters". I don't remember ever seeing them before...

Maybe a good 50 or so of us should invite ourselves to their tailgate, lol...

JKMichelle
08-13-2007, 01:22 PM
"No that is not her. Beer Fairy is a very pretty"

Ouch Ted... that hurts my feelings...

"BookReader" Jen

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Ouch.

Highlight of the night - Mike signing "Bear Down" and Lauren responding with the "Superbowl Shuffle." If only I had videoed the event.

Joe only made them sing louder :)
http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Preseason/2007-08-11-Bears-Texans/Fans/DSC_0645.JPG

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Marcie - I painted my horns!

http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Preseason/2007-08-11-Bears-Texans/Fans/DSC_0296.JPG

Texan_Bill
08-13-2007, 01:30 PM

"BookReader" Jen

OOOOps!! Sorry I brought it up.....

:backsout:

DiapHer
08-13-2007, 01:41 PM

http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photogallery/Preseason/2007-08-11-Bears-Texans/Fans/DSC_0296.JPG

Did you remember to use your "clear coat" this time?:shades:

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Huh? No clear coat needed. I did use plastic primer though. Sanding before priming is BS though, I'll never do that again w/ plastic. If I get really studious I'm going to paint a logo on it.

TEXANS84
08-13-2007, 01:48 PM
LOL, I got a incognito pic so that I cannot be photoshopped anymore.

DiapHer
08-13-2007, 01:55 PM

Huh? No clear coat needed. I did use plastic primer though. Sanding before priming is BS though, I'll never do that again w/ plastic. If I get really studious I'm going to paint a logo on it.

Old joke from your "cornhole" making days!!! They look very nice Yank I thought something looked different!!!

DiapHer
08-13-2007, 01:56 PM
LOL, I got a incognito pic so that I cannot be photoshopped anymore.

Whatever!!

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Nope, my cornhole never got clear coated. Went "au natural" instead.

(yes, I left the door wide open, why not?)

Texan_Bill
08-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Nope, my cornhole never got clear coated. Went "au natural" instead.

(yes, I left the door wide open, why not?)

Thats not even worth it... TOO easy!!!

Yankee_In_TX
08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Thats not even worth it... TOO easy!!!

I thought you like easy? :texflag:

Joe Texan
08-13-2007, 09:41 PM
I will find the auto Vandal and they will pay:mad:

Tedc
08-13-2007, 10:24 PM

"BookReader" Jen

I didn't want everyone know that I am secretly am in love with you. If I tall everyone how beautiful you are, they will ALL be after you.:heart:

Oooopps, did I write that out loud?

JKMichelle
08-14-2007, 06:00 AM
I didn't want everyone know that I am secretly am in love with you. If I tall everyone how beautiful you are, they will ALL be after you.:heart:

Oooopps, did I write that out loud?

Wow... How can I argue with that?? I guess I can forgive you....this time...lol

"book Reader" Jen<----going to cancel that plastic surgery appt. "whew!"

JKMichelle
08-14-2007, 06:19 AM
but I still like TxDavids rubber horns... :whip:

Hmmm....do ya now? Would love to meet you next tail gate

"book reader" Jen

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Hmmm....do ya now? Would love to meet you next tail gate

"book reader" Jen