PDA

View Full Version : Report: Raiders to Sign Daunte Culpepper

Wolf
07-31-2007, 09:01 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/07/31/report-raiders-to-sign-daunte-culpepper/

The Oakland Tribune is reporting that the Raiders will sign quarterback Daunte Culpepper today.

For Culpepper, Oakland is a good landing place because the Raiders may be the only team in the NFL where he would have a good chance of starting Week 1. Although JaMarcus Russell is the team's quarterback of the future, he is holding out of training camp and probably won't be ready to start in September. The team's other quarterbacks, Josh McCown and Andrew Walter, have had very little success in their previous opportunities as starters.

Kaiser Toro
07-31-2007, 09:02 PM
NFL network is reporting it

Texans34Life
07-31-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm guessing mentoring will be his thing for JaMarcus?

Raiders | Culpepper agrees to terms
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:10:34 -0700

The NFL Network reports the Oakland Raiders have agreed to terms with QB Daunte Culpepper (Dolphins) after he passed a physical with the team.

Double Barrel
07-31-2007, 11:26 PM
November 4 will be a day to look forward to. Our defense likes Culpepper.

hobie
08-01-2007, 07:26 AM
I think it's a good deal for Culpepper. He will be the starting QB for the season, and be able to showcase whatever skills he has left. As for Russell, well he can be taught how to play the game from a QB that is about the same size and has smarts of the game, so it is a good deal for Russell as well.

Even though I think any rookie that holds out is a joke, since they have never taken a NFL snap to be held hostage by thier agent for more money, they need to be in camp. But that is a whole other topic.

It's a win-win for the team and Culpepper...