PDA

View Full Version : Titans Report

Yankee_In_TX
07-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Not sure if this belongs here. Anyone catch the Titans report on 610 this morning? According to (I think he was Titans radio?) their young wide receivers are all studs, and the loss of Bennet has been overcome. LenDale will excel if he hangs tough, and Chris Henry and Brown will be a strong tandem if not.

And I thought WE had homers.

The Pencil Neck
07-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Not sure if this belongs here. Anyone catch the Titans report on 610 this morning? According to (I think he was Titans radio?) their young wide receivers are all studs, and the loss of Bennet has been overcome. LenDale will excel if he hangs tough, and Chris Henry and Brown will be a strong tandem if not.

And I thought WE had homers.

Every team has homers. At this point in the season, unless you really hate your front office, you're sure you're going to make some noise. I mean, most of us are pretty positive about next year and our team has never even had a winning season. The Titans fans can look back a few years ago, and they were dominating the division. They've got to think they're just a few tweaks away from the SB again. The Jags fans can look back and 2 years ago, they were 12-4 and last year, if we hadn't swept them, they would have been back in the playoffs. They're not going to think they're cellar dwellers next year.

Yankee_In_TX
07-31-2007, 09:30 AM
I would cry if my team was headed toward a playoff season and lost the best CB, RB, and WR in one offseason :-(

The Pencil Neck
07-31-2007, 09:36 AM
I would cry if my team was headed toward a playoff season and lost the best CB, RB, and WR in one offseason :-(

AND that CB that you lost was your best kick returner who had won a few games for you.

Yeah, that would not be good.

But, on the other hand, you've got the OROY.

No wonder Titans fans are schizoid.

Yankee_In_TX
07-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Atlanta should trade for him :)

nunusguy
07-31-2007, 11:33 AM
LenDale will excel if he hangs tough
I dunno, but does that mean they're optimistic about LenDale getting his weight under 300 pounds ?

Vinny
07-31-2007, 11:36 AM
I dunno, but does that mean they're optimistic about LenDale getting his weight under 300 pounds ?Hes running well and around 240.

Silver Oak
07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Best I can figure, the average titan fan is such a homer as they are such a smallish town with not many other sports distractions or history.

Put it this way...they are more likely to offer differing opinions on such things as ossum hunting and dating family members.

Runner
07-31-2007, 04:53 PM
I mean, most of us are pretty positive about next year and our team has never even had a winning season. The Titans fans can look back a few years ago, and they were dominating the division.

In addition, they finished the season 7-1, IIRC. Look how pumped Texan fans are after winning two in a row to close out an otherwise poor year. Picture this board if the Texans had gone on that kind of tear to end the season.

Best I can figure, the average titan fan is such a homer as they are such a smallish town with not many other sports distractions or history.

Put it this way...they are more likely to offer differing opinions on such things as ossum hunting and dating family members.

Hmmm.....I'm not sure I consider the average Texans fan all that cosmopolitan either (I'm now ducking for cover).

Texan_Bill
07-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Hmmm.....I'm not sure I consider the average Texans fan all that cosmopolitan either (I'm now ducking for cover).

Cool... Can we get rid of the club level people??

infantrycak
07-31-2007, 05:32 PM
In addition, they finished the season 7-1, IIRC.

Actually, 6-1 or if you want to look back two more games 6-3. Definitely a stronger run than our 2-0 or 3-2 finish though.

Look how pumped Texan fans are after winning two in a row to close out an otherwise poor year.. Picture this board if the Texans had gone on that kind of tear to end the season.

True, but on the other hand there would certainly be folks here lamenting the prospects for replacing the top two WR's, top RB, top CB, pro-bowl KR/PR all at one time while having made basically zero moves while sitting on top of a pile of cap room. There is a reason the Titans have received miserable off-season grades for the most part.

Vinny
07-31-2007, 06:30 PM

I went to Titans games for 3 years up in Memphis, to Vandy then over to the stadium formerly known as Aldelphia....some of the most intelligent football fans I've been around. They have been around SEC football for a while...they have sharp, intelligent crowds. At least these guys know to shut up when they have the ball. Our fans still have issues with this.

Runner
07-31-2007, 08:39 PM
In addition, they finished the season 7-1, IIRC. Look how pumped Texan fans are after winning two in a row to close out an otherwise poor year. Picture this board if the Texans had gone on that kind of tear to end the season.

Actually, 6-1 or if you want to look back two more games 6-3. Definitely a stronger run than our 2-0 or 3-2 finish though.

True, but on the other hand there would certainly be folks here lamenting the prospects for replacing the top two WR's, top RB, top CB, pro-bowl KR/PR all at one time while having made basically zero moves while sitting on top of a pile of cap room. There is a reason the Titans have received miserable off-season grades for the most part.

So the people we're making fun of are no different than us. That's about right. :)

TEXANRED
07-31-2007, 08:43 PM

I would hope not, thats a girls drink.

Cosmo recipe
print save comments
Scale ingredients to servings
1 1/2 oz vodka
3/4 oz triple sec
3/4 oz cranberry juice
1 oz fresh lime juice

Pour the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve

TEXANRED
07-31-2007, 08:52 PM
I went to Titans games for 3 years up in Memphis, to Vandy then over to the stadium formerly known as Aldelphia....some of the most intelligent football fans I've been around. They have been around SEC football for a while...they have sharp, intelligent crowds. At least these guys know to shut up when they have the ball. Our fans still have issues with this.

(whistle blows ref walks out)

Inner divisional complimenting infraction.......(swinging arm in Vinny's direction) on the moderator, number 30. He must wear a Carr jersey for a week with a smile, and loss of down. 4th down.

Runner
07-31-2007, 09:09 PM
I would hope not, thats a girls drink.

Cosmo recipe
print save comments
Scale ingredients to servings
1 1/2 oz vodka
3/4 oz triple sec
3/4 oz cranberry juice
1 oz fresh lime juice

Pour the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve

For the mixologist touch, garnish with a Jolly Rancher. The apple Jolly Ranchers are great for Sour Apple Martinis* too.

*I hate to misuse the word "martini" when I should say "cocktail", but I have to go with the common names here. I personally haven't come to terms with vodka martinis, much less these sweet drinks. Gin, vermouth, olives. That is all.

Honoring Earl 34
07-31-2007, 09:15 PM
(whistle blows ref walks out)

Inner divisional complimenting infraction.......(swinging arm in Vinny's direction) on the moderator, number 30. He must wear a Carr jersey for a week with a smile, and loss of down. 4th down.

Can't you just pull his toenails for the love of God .

TEXANRED
07-31-2007, 09:16 PM
For the mixologist touch, garnish with a Jolly Rancher. The apple Jolly Ranchers are great for Sour Apple Martinis* too.

*I hate to misuse the word "martini" when I should say "cocktail", but I have to go with the common names here. I personally haven't come to terms with vodka martinis, much less these sweet drinks. Gin, vermouth, olives. That is all.

Being the Scrubs fan that I am, is that an appletini, hold the tini?

powerfuldragon
07-31-2007, 09:19 PM

i tried to rep you for that mini-rant, but i must spread the stuff around first.

TEXANRED
07-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Darnet............now I want an apple Jolly Rancher. I havent had one of those since high school.

Always got a pack out of the vending machine right before detention.

Double Barrel
07-31-2007, 11:24 PM
At least these guys know to shut up when they have the ball. Our fans still have issues with this.

And it pisses me off every single time. :dangit:

I don't get what is so hard to grasp about the concept of being quiet for the offense and yelling for the defense. It's black and white (unlike baseball yelling).

brakos82
07-31-2007, 11:38 PM
He must wear a Carr jersey for a week

4th down.

Which team? :shades:

What happened to the other downs? :shades: