PDA

View Full Version : Vince not lighting it up in camp

Overalls
07-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Since I can't post on Titansonline anymore I saw this link on a Jags site.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27649

Looks like some Titan fans are starting to wonder about Vince's INTs in training camp. Of Course some have started blaiming it on the WRs. So a question comes to mind.

Should I be laughing at Vince's ability to throw or their WRs ability to catch?

Brazos-V
07-30-2007, 07:17 PM
This info is from the TOMB.......:ok: thats all I needed to hear.

I'm hearing a much different story out of Titans camp. VY is getting better.

Overalls
07-30-2007, 07:43 PM
This quote from a Titans writer seems to back that from the TOMB up.

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

As for second-year quarterback Vince Young, he passes the eye test with high marks. He looks a lot more comfortable than he did last season, even if all his passes still aren't on target.

To me that means he looks like a QB, but is having problems getting the ball to the right place. If a Titans beat writer is saying this how bad is it.

TEXANS84
07-30-2007, 07:59 PM
After day 4 of camp, I'd just chalk it up as 6 months of rust.

No reasons to get our hopes up yet.

Overalls
07-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I expect Vince to be the Titans best player and I know it is just TC, but I still enjoy seeing that the mighty Vince is human. Some still on this board would like to believe that Vince would walk on water if he didn't want to get his feet wet.

Silver Oak
07-30-2007, 08:30 PM
they have put him on a very high pedestal. It will be a long drop to the bottom if he doesn't pan out.

Grams
07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
"This is just a poor and misinformed post. VY is not the terrible passer people make him out to be. His numbers passing last season weren't great, but they weren't that bad considering he was a rookie who could have been playing his senior year at Texas, plus they got better as the season went on.

Look, his Jr. year Vince passed for over 3,000 yards, 65% completion percentage, 26 TD's, 10 Int's. That's 230 yards passing per game over 13 games, and you have to remember that in probably 8 of those games, Vince played little or none in the second half because Texas had big leads. If Texas had been in more close games, Vince could have gotten a LOT more passing stats than he did as that Texas offense was almost unstoppable with Vince at the helm. He was also top 3 in the country in passer rating that year (ahead of Cutler and Leinart). " quoted from their thread.

You are right - they do think VY can walk on water - only problem with all those stats from his jr year was that they were playing college football - not NFL football.

Honoring Earl 34
07-30-2007, 08:47 PM
He should'nt be lighting it up ... look what happened to Ricky Williams . :gun:

real
07-30-2007, 10:15 PM
only problem with all those stats from his jr year was that they were playing college football - not NFL football.

Signed,

Every player who's ever come out of college

Blazing Arrow
07-30-2007, 10:42 PM
I expect Vince to be the Titans best player and I know it is just TC, but I still enjoy seeing that the mighty Vince is human. Some still on this board would like to believe that Vince would walk on water if he didn't want to get his feet wet.

Vince's feet actually repel water so the worry of them getting wet is a myth.

On a side note water rot was found on Mario"Green Toe" Williams this afternoon.

Dr's say: :ohsnap:

real
07-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Vince will be fine....

Mr teX
07-31-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm not a fan of homie, & since we've got mario i've refused to look back, but if you want to see the guy fail that bad, you should hire some Tanya harding goons to put in work on his knees.

It's the 4th day of training camp man, I'm sure everyone's a little rusty.... except for Peyton manning, he probably has harrison & Wayne at his house everyday in the offseason so they can practice.

Errant Hothy
07-31-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm not buying the rust thing, he's had OTAs and any and all informal session he could sting together; and if he's as good as some make him out to be here why would he need to knock the rust off? Nowadays these guys are full-time professional atheletes, and should be counted on to do enough on their own to keep themselves atleast remotely sharp.

I'm not tsaying he sucks, but the lack of a decent WR corps and the lose of Pac-Man will hurt the Titans more this year then I think they are imagining as this time.

The Pencil Neck
07-31-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm not a fan of homie, & since we've got mario i've refused to look back, but if you want to see the guy fail that bad, you should hire some Tanya harding goons to put in work on his knees.

It's the 4th day of training camp man, I'm sure everyone's a little rusty.... except for Peyton manning, he probably has harrison & Wayne at his house everyday in the offseason so they can practice.

There's a guest room at the Manning Mansion and it's called The Harrison Room. The Wayne Room and the Clark Rooms aren't used as often but they're there, too. They've just remodeled and added the Gonzo Room.

Vinny
07-31-2007, 09:30 AM
I hear Vince is doing well in camp. I still have a lot of buddies up in Nashvegas since I lived there for a few years. I miss Nashville at this time of year (weather). If you want to see lots of picks just look at our Texans camp vids...we got them by the bushels.

The Dream
07-31-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm not buying the rust thing, he's had OTAs and any and all informal session he could sting together; and if he's as good as some make him out to be here why would he need to knock the rust off?

LOL, some of you guys amaze me.....you want to see the guy fail SOOOOOOOOOOO bad, because the Texans were stupid when they didn't draft him...he kicked our ass last season (like he gets payed to do) and now we have check ups on how he's doing on his first days in training camp....Vince will be fine...no I take that back he'll be better than fine come that first sunday.....your comment spells "hatred" homie....I don't think there's one player in any professional sport that doesn't come into training camp without any rust.

Texan_Bill
07-31-2007, 11:52 AM
After day 4 of camp, I'd just chalk it up as 6 months of rust.

I would agree, if they hadn't made a big deal about VY flying, providing lodging and working out with all of his receivers here in Houston, this off-season...

Overalls
07-31-2007, 11:59 AM
I hear Vince is doing well in camp. I still have a lot of buddies up in Nashvegas since I lived there for a few years. I miss Nashville at this time of year (weather). If you want to see lots of picks just look at our Texans camp vids...we got them by the bushels.

Training camp has just started so every mear mortal should be still trying to get it together, but Vince is "the greatest QB to ever walk the earth". How could you even dare to compair him to a career back up like Matt Schaub.

Blazing Arrow
07-31-2007, 02:15 PM
I would agree, if they hadn't made a big deal about VY flying, providing lodging and working out with all of his receivers here in Houston, this off-season...

He did the same type of thing last year in AZ but not on his dime. I just think he is a guy willing to put in that extra time to notch himself up a bit.

Blazing Arrow
07-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Training camp has just started so every mear mortal should be still trying to get it together, but Vince is "the greatest QB to ever walk the earth". How could you even dare to compair him to a career back up like Matt Schaub.

Don't worry I won't.

Young after 8 games :doot:

Shammy after 8 games :gun:

Hookem Horns
07-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Since he plays for the Titans I am forced to want him to fail and as much as I would like to see that I doubt it is going to happen. If he sucks during the season and the Titans W-L record reflects that then feel free to gloat. Until then history speaks for itself.

Double Barrel
07-31-2007, 02:46 PM
How you silly mortals can even question The Greatness is beyond me.

It's quite obvious that they are using steel footballs in TC to toughen up the receivers. If a receiver is unable to catch a VY pass, then he made a mistake and put himself in the wrong place. If they want to catch a Vince Young pass, they will have to prove themselves worthy first, which also means eating glass for lunch and drinking boric acid instead of Gatorade.

Hookem Horns
07-31-2007, 02:48 PM
If you want to see lots of picks just look at our Texans camp vids...we got them by the bushels.

Look at the bright side, maybe our secondary is finally coming together!

Noblesse Oblige
07-31-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm sure Vince will be fine in the regular season. He'll be one of the few bright spots on the Titans--they just lost too much to be as competitive. Just my opinion. We'll see as the season unfolds.

Texan_Bill
07-31-2007, 05:57 PM
I agree. I see VY being one of the best running backs in the league..

Blazing Arrow
07-31-2007, 06:05 PM
I agree. I see VY being one of the best running backs in the league..

And still out QB Shammy .....

How many years does Shammy get to produce? What if this is an "off" year. I would imagine the choke chain around any Texans "QB" would be pretty tight.

2ToneBlue
07-31-2007, 06:07 PM
:pirate: Good stuff in this thread, I've been reading about Vince at training camp also (all I can do since I live in California), but I've not heard anything bad really. Here's this morning's update from the Tennessean:

Young started off the day with a beautiful 40-yard touchdown pass to receiver Brandon Jones during 7-on-7 drills

Young hit Roby with a deep ball for a touchdown, with cornerback Nick Harper defending

All-in-all I think he'll be fine, sorry to bring the bad news :shades:

Blazing Arrow
07-31-2007, 06:38 PM
So you are the other Titans fan in CA!

gtexan02
08-01-2007, 08:43 AM
SportsCenter just reported this morning that Young was, indeed, lighting it up in camp

They said he started camp by sending a letter to everyone on the team thanking them for last season and encouraging them to work harder so they could improve on their progress

They then said in camp he was been mentoring younger players, as he has learned the playbook so well

And they concluded with some clips of his improved accuracy

I hate the Titans, but with VY, its going to be a tough series for the next 10+ years

mootini
08-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Don't worry Texan fans.. the Madden curse is on...Young will be a injury stat this season...Imagine the Titans w/out Young? WOW..they would be a great team.

HOU-TEX
08-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Don't worry Texan fans.. the Madden curse is on...Young will be a injury stat this season...Imagine the Titans w/out Young? WOW..they would be a great team.

Hey, they still have Kerry Collins. I heard he can light'em up. :secret:

Specnatz
08-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Young started off the day with a beautiful 40-yard touchdown pass to receiver Brandon Jones during 7-on-7 drills

Young hit Roby with a deep ball for a touchdown, with cornerback Nick Harper defending.

I am not sure how you could look at this. either young is playing really great or the db's are sucking so bad they are even making vy look like an accurate passer, which in its own right is a miracle.

:fans:

Noblesse Oblige
08-01-2007, 10:21 AM
SportsCenter just reported this morning that Young was, indeed, lighting it up in camp

They said he started camp by sending a letter to everyone on the team thanking them for last season and encouraging them to work harder so they could improve on their progress

They then said in camp he was been mentoring younger players, as he has learned the playbook so well

And they concluded with some clips of his improved accuracy

I hate the Titans, but with VY, its going to be a tough series for the next 10+ years

Not that it's not true, but then maybe the Hype Machine is working overtime already

HuttoKarl
08-01-2007, 11:13 AM

VY's madden curse is sh!tty WR's.

2ToneBlue
08-01-2007, 12:12 PM
VY's madden curse is sh!tty WR's.While I admit we have unproven WR, I wouldn't call them "sh!tty".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRYaQAEnVo

Roby a 3rd year WR made this catch I think yesterday in the morning. That's one of the plays mentioned before, seems to be a nice catch.

Moulds seems to be doing well in our scheme, and it appears one of the rookies we got on day 2 Chris Davis out of Florida is doing very well.

real
08-01-2007, 12:16 PM
While I admit we have unproven WR, I wouldn't call them "sh!tty".

Roby a 3rd year WR made this catch I think yesterday in the morning. That's one of the plays mentioned before, seems to be a nice catch.

Moulds seems to be doing well in our scheme, and it appears one of the rookies we got on day 2 Chris Davis out of Florida is doing very well.

I've made catches like that playing street ball...

The boy is a scout team hero...

The Dream
08-01-2007, 12:18 PM

shame on you for wishing injury on what could be one of the greatest to ever play the game...............shame, shame, shame, we know your name

2ToneBlue
08-01-2007, 12:21 PM
I've made catches like that playing street ball...

The boy is a scout team hero...He played on the field last year, we have plenty more scout teams and that's actually supposed to be our starting safety (from the reports so far) he caught it on. It looked like a little PI also but heck he made the catch.

Roby started 6 games as a rookie, and played in 12 last year (usually as 4th or 5th WR) didn't put up too much production behind Bennett, Wade, and Brandon Jones though. We're hoping that year 3 is his year or it's time for him to go.

Titans aren't the big vertical pass game like a lot of teams, TE's have always been very important even to Steve McNair. Troupe and Scaife will help the receiving core as well.

real
08-01-2007, 12:28 PM
He played on the field last year, we have plenty more scout teams and that's actually supposed to be our starting safety (from the reports so far) he caught it on. It looked like a little PI also but heck he made the catch.

Roby started 6 games as a rookie, and played in 12 last year (usually as 4th or 5th WR) didn't put up too much production behind Bennett, Wade, and Brandon Jones though. We're hoping that year 3 is his year or it's time for him to go.

Titans aren't the big vertical pass game like a lot of teams, TE's have always been very important even to Steve McNair. Troupe and Scaife will help the receiving core as well.

Was just messin with you guys....

I don't have a clue what the guy is about...

HuttoKarl
08-01-2007, 12:29 PM
He played on the field last year, we have plenty more scout teams and that's actually supposed to be our starting safety (from the reports so far) he caught it on. It looked like a little PI also but heck he made the catch.

Brandon Jones is your best hope. Moulds...he should be able to improve on last season because David Carr won't be throwing to him (I use the term "throwing" loosely when discussing Carr because he ran around like a goon most of the time).

Mr teX
08-01-2007, 12:58 PM

With terrible throws like that by VY, You better hope he continues to make catches like that during the season.

2ToneBlue
08-01-2007, 01:19 PM
With terrible throws like that by VY, You better hope he continues to make catches like that during the season.You're right I hope they do, but he also has his legs as I'm sure as a Texan fan you know all about :heart:

Silver Oak
08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
As long as we're bringing up last season, how's PacMan looking this training camp? :whip:

2ToneBlue
08-01-2007, 03:24 PM
As long as we're bringing up last season, how's PacMan looking this training camp? :whip:He's doing well so far, heard he's got a new album coming out from his music label, and also he might be doing some appearances on TNA.

Ohhhh I think I get what you're trying to do you sly bull...

Herndon, Harper, Finnegan are adjusting well. As long as Thompson and Hill aren't starting our secondary will be improved....yes even without Pacman for now it will be improved over last year.

How you might be asking yourself... Well Hill and Thompson made Pacman look shutdown. No need to throw it where it might be broken up/intercepted when you can toss it to the side of Toast (Thompson) and Six (Hill) then score. Many, many Titans fans are tired of seeing those two discuss how they got burned (also known as the Dreaded Duo). Hope and Pacman kept their side down and I believe with the couple of people we aquired through FA, our last year rookie Finnegan and maybe even Ryan Smith we got this year our passing defense will be better than last year.

:d:

Thought this was a Vince thread...Guess Pacman questions never get old eh?

The Dream
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
vince makes everyone better...........even on the other side of the ball...............

Texan_Bill
08-01-2007, 04:44 PM
And still out QB Shammy .....

How many years does Shammy get to produce? What if this is an "off" year. I would imagine the choke chain around any Texans "QB" would be pretty tight.

Now see, you have this wrong. There would be no comparison between Schaub and "His Highness". Thats a QB v. a running back. A more comparable situation might be Green and "His Highness"... And Green would have the higher completion percentage.

Blazing Arrow
08-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Now see, you have this wrong. There would be no comparison between Schaub and "His Highness". Thats a QB v. a running back. A more comparable situation might be Green and "His Highness"... And Green would have the higher completion percentage.

Who has more career passing yards? TD? Games started? OROY?

So is the natural progression of things:

Carr - Shammy - Shine

real
08-01-2007, 05:11 PM
So is the natural progression of things:

Carr - Shammy - Shine

LOL...

Hey you tinheads are clever...I will give you that...

Texan_Bill
08-01-2007, 05:49 PM
LOL...

Hey you tinheads are clever...I will give you that...

Don't give him too much credit. Just remember, he's an Oilers fan from Cali....

But that was pretty funny Arrow!

2ToneBlue
08-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Now see, you have this wrong. There would be no comparison between Schaub and "His Highness". Thats a QB v. a running back. A more comparable situation might be Green and "His Highness"... And Green would have the higher completion percentage.I believe that David Carr had the highest completion percentage of all starters in the NFL last year didn't he??

Sounds like he's a gem :cowboy1:

Completion percentage is a great stat to talk about, but doesn't win games :)

In the top 10 for completion percentage there's:Jets, Detroit, Cleveland and the Texans all of which were far from great during the season and picked in the top 15 of the draft as well.

Texan_Bill
08-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I believe that David Carr had the highest completion percentage of all starters in the NFL didn't he??

Sounds like he's a gem :cowboy1:

Completion percentage is a great stat to talk about, but doesn't win games :)

In the top 10 for completion percentage there's:Jets, Detroit, Cleveland and the Texans all of which were far from great during the season and picked in the top 10 of the draft as well.

Didn't VY lead the Nation while at TU with that same worthless stat.... ? :hmmm:

2ToneBlue
08-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Didn't VY lead the Nation while at TU with that same worthless stat.... ? :hmmm:Yep and I never put any stock in it either.

Look at the other "pocket passing" statue type QB's from last year:

Matt Leinart 56.8% throwing to two Pro-Bowl WR's
Jay Cutler 59.1% playing on what was a playoff team until he took over
Vince Young 51.5% having a sub-par WR core anchored by Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade

Now if they all threw 100 balls Leinart might make 5 more, and Jay 7 more than Vince. I'm not seeing that it's a huge difference personally. Just think there's a whole other dimension to Vince that the other two don't have and it's not like they can work on it, but Vince can work on passing (which he has been doing).

Mr teX
08-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Yep and I never put any stock in it either.

Look at the other "pocket passing" statue type QB's from last year:

Matt Leinart 56.8% throwing to two Pro-Bowl WR's
Jay Cutler 59.1% playing on what was a playoff team until he took over
Vince Young 51.5% having a sub-par WR core anchored by Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade

Now if they all threw 100 balls Leinart might make 5 more, and Jay 7 more than Vince. I'm not seeing that it's a huge difference personally. Just think there's a whole other dimension to Vince that the other two don't have and it's not like they can work on it, but Vince can work on passing (which he has been doing).

So i guess that completion % is just a bunch of fooey huh? You will see a difference when that field gets shorter & he can't pass the ball b/c the defensive players don't have to worry about the deep ball anymore & can keep everything in front of them including his running.

BattleRedToro
08-01-2007, 07:13 PM

A better DB would have intercepted that pass.

Blazing Arrow
08-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Young lit something/someone up in practice today that is for sure .....

ReliantTexan
08-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Young lit something/someone up in practice today that is for sure .....Yeah I heard about that.Didn't one of the DB's get a little too rough with the WR's and Vince stepped in.

TEXANRED
08-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I can't believe there is a smack thread going on between the Texans and the Viagra Teletubbies and I am missing it.

First I would like to say that I am befuddled at how (for the folks from Tenn. here is the definition of befuddled.....be·fud·dle
–verb (used with object), -dled, -dling. 1. to confuse, as with glib statements or arguments: politicians befuddling the public with campaign promises.
2. to make stupidly drunk.) you guys could possibly go into this season with any other expectation than battling Atlanta for the overall number one pick in next years draft.

Seriously, you lost your best CB, both starting receivers, you have a QB that is more of a running back, a running back that is one of the fat boys long lost son, and an offensive line that makes the Texans O-line look like pro bowlers.

Not to mention a coach that is on the last year of his contract with no extension in sight and a GM that showed up (speculation) drunk to last years draft. (He had to be drunk to make those picks.)

The Tick-tacs looks like a train wreck about to happen and everyone is looking in the opposite direction.

Brazos-V
08-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Let me tell ya fellas....It feels good to have a QB that don't take no mess! :whip:

link (http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/category.asp?C=85076&nav=menu374_5)

TEXANRED
08-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Let me tell ya fellas....It feels good to have a QB that don't take no mess! :whip:

If I were you I would feel better if I had a quarter back who could complete a pass.

Maybe VY thinks quarter back is the change he gets from a drive thru?

Wolf
08-01-2007, 10:04 PM

I wouldn't brag on that. He needs Crash Davis to come to Titans camp

Crash Davis: Did you hit me with your right hand or did you hit me with your left? Huh? Did you hit me with your right hand or did you hit me with your LEFT?
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: My left.
Crash Davis: Good! That's good; when you get in a fight with a drunk you don't hit him with your throwing hand. God, I can't keep giving you these free lessons so quit screwin' around and help me up.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094812/quotes

edited the quote in bold (was pitching)
sure it was a little tap but that was his right hand.. he mess that up because of stupidity and Titans season goes down like their namesake "Titanic"

Blazing Arrow
08-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah I heard about that.Didn't one of the DB's get a little too rough with the WR's and Vince stepped in.

He went after D Nickey for taking a hard hit above highlighted WR. :bat:

This was the same guy that was spat on by L-Dub last season during training camp, a guy who has been cut countless times but some how always makes the roster.

He was smart enough to just back off and hold his head down from what I hear.

Leadership, heart and the drive to win .... Yeah i think we will be cool where ever VY takes us.

EDIT: He actually was not smart enough to ge tout of Young's face. Here it is if you want to see it in all its glory ...

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/category.asp?C=85076&nav=menu374_5

sakebomb
08-01-2007, 10:15 PM

It's not a huge difference. The difference is what happens with those extra couple of completions. It just gives Leinart and Cutler more opportunities to make a big play.

Blazing Arrow
08-01-2007, 10:25 PM
It's not a huge difference. The difference is what happens with those extra couple of completions. It just gives Leinart and Cutler more opportunities to make a big play.

You could also argue that Young's running ability helps him make cosistant plays of equal value every game that make up for the incomplete passes.

And the threat of run on a D opens up the passing game.

Overalls
08-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Vince/Vick what's the difference. Sure Vince stood up for his WR and got rattled because a backup DB is trying to show something in camp. He lost his cool. He threw a low ball and Nickey made the WR pay. If he had done the same thing to Andre in a game the same TENNheads that are crying now would be all over this board bragging about it. Wahhh my DB hit a WR too hard. The WR dropped the ball. I thought a DB was suposed to try to seperate the ball from the WR.

Blazing Arrow
08-02-2007, 11:29 AM
not by horse collaring a guy. That play probably would have got a flag. Why would you hit someone on your team in a manner that would get a flag in a game, in camp of all things. And Nickey is not fighting for anything. Every year he gets cut every year he sneaks back on. He is camp fodder and this is not the first time he has been confronted by a teammate.

Blazing Arrow
08-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Roby laid on the ground for 10 minutes after the hit! Makes no sense, especailly in the first week.

Mr teX
08-02-2007, 12:54 PM
It was a bad hit. It was TC and his own guy. I agree, it would have gotten a flag if it was a real game. Personally, I gon't blame Vince at all for what he did. A coach should have done it, but didn't. If that guy was playing for me, it would have been the last time he put on the helmet. I don't watch the Titans or have any kind of love or hate for VY, but I personally liked how he took charge without hesitating.

i agree it was a bad hit, but it wasn't a horse collar. nickey's arms were wrapped around roby's chest area. It just looked bad b/c of how roby had to bend backward b/c of Nickey's momentum coming over the top. having said that, it's early in training camp man & the guy you hit i believe was injured for a good portion of the season last year. Nickey just needs to relax a bit, hit 'em, wrap 'em up & then let him go & that's what VY was probably hot about.

Blazing Arrow
08-02-2007, 01:40 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/bum.jpg

The guy's a bum!

Mr teX
08-02-2007, 02:12 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/bum.jpg

The guy's a bum!

he's gotta do what he's gotta do to make the squad. VY can relax b/c he knows he's not going anywhere. Nickey's gotta put extra effort in everything he does just so he can be a special teamer, you can't blame the guy even though he is on some steve tasker type crusade....

Blazing Arrow
08-02-2007, 02:18 PM
he's gotta do what he's gotta do to make the squad. VY can relax b/c he knows he's not going anywhere. Nickey's gotta put extra effort in everything he does just so he can be a special teamer, you can't blame the guy even though he is on some steve tasker type crusade....

As I sated before they guy gets cut EVERY season but he is the first one we call when we get an injury in our secondary or special teams so he always finds his way back. This is his 5th season I believe of doing that. Plus we just drafted a S. He goes to the curb and Lamont is only seen during punt coverage. All is right again.

Double Barrel
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
After hearing this is what Great Leader does, I'm getting a little pissed that our new QB got knocked down and nobody even tried to slap Babin. We are all soldiers and no generals. :mad:

Overalls
08-02-2007, 07:00 PM
More figments of my imagination about Titan fans being concerned about VYs INTs.

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/titanscentral/vpost?id=2062067

TEXANRED
08-02-2007, 07:23 PM
More figments of my imagination about Titan fans being concerned about VYs INTs.

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/titanscentral/vpost?id=2062067

Why should they be concerned when he is only going to attempt ten passes a game?

Blazing Arrow
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
After hearing this is what Great Leader does, I'm getting a little pissed that our new QB got knocked down and nobody even tried to slap Babin. We are all soldiers and no generals. :mad:

Shammies are typically used to polish things not use blunt force. It was just his nature is all ....

Texan_Bill
08-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Great Leaders that are QB's dont fight!! It's plain ignorant. I understand OL's get into it with DL's and LB's.. I understand WR's and DB's get into it, etc.. But a Golden Boy, who walks on water QB???! STUPID!!!! Those other guys can play with soft casts on their hands....

A leader who can't play because they broke their $60,000,000.00 hand is dumb and shows lack of maturity. If I was Bud "the bad rug" Adams or Mike "I had all this money under the cap and didn't do a damn thing" Reinfeldt or Coach Fisher, I would have given Wunderlic boy the business....

The Pencil Neck
08-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Great Leaders that are QB's dont fight!! It's plain ignorant. I understand OL's get into it with DL's and LB's.. I understand WR's and DB's get into it, etc.. But a Golden Boy, who walks on water QB???! STUPID!!!! Those other guys can play with soft casts on their hands....

A leader who can't play because they broke their $60,000,000.00 hand is dumb and shows lack of maturity. If I was Bud "the bad rug" Adams or Mike "I had all this money under the cap and didn't do a damn thing" Reinfeldt or Coach Fisher, I would have given Wunderlic boy the business....

I wasn't going to get into this because I really don't much care about VY except when he's playing against us but...

This is something I'd expect Favre to do. It's not something I consider smart and it's not something I would want my QB doing but a lot of people would walk through fire for Favre for exactly this reason.

Double Barrel
08-03-2007, 11:05 AM

awe, c'mon, TB...you know how satisfying it would have been to fulfill the Madden curse in training camp before the video game is even released?! It would have been too much to ask. :shades:

Texan_Bill
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
awe, c'mon, TB...you know how satisfying it would have been to fulfill the Madden curse in training camp before the video game is even released?! It would have been too much to ask. :shades:

I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want to "jinx, the curse" (or reverse the curse).. Like not talking to a pitcher during a no-no...

Texan_Bill
08-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I wasn't going to get into this because I really don't much care about VY except when he's playing against us but...

This is something I'd expect Favre to do. It's not something I consider smart and it's not something I would want my QB doing but a lot of people would walk through fire for Favre for exactly this reason.

I hear what your saying, but Favre writes his own ticket now. I mean sure there are a few guys out there that you could make that same comparison to Favre (Jim Kelly comes to mind, because he was a linebacker). BUT, VY is only a second year guy.

Blazing Arrow
08-03-2007, 11:22 AM
I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't want to "jinx, the curse" (or reverse the curse).. Like not talking to a pitcher during a no-no...

It's sad that your entire season hindges on some video game curse.

Double Barrel
08-03-2007, 11:22 AM

I've actually come to the conclusion that I can't boycott Madden this year, simply because I have to buy the game for the curse to be fulfilled. That's how it's always been, so I have to do my part for the cause. :D

Double Barrel
08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
It's sad that your entire season hindges on some video game curse.

That road goes both ways. Your entire season rests on the curse going unfulfilled. Without Young, you're team is in much worse shape than we are.

Blazing Arrow
08-03-2007, 12:01 PM
That road goes both ways. Your entire season rests on the curse going unfulfilled. Without Young, you're team is in much worse shape than we are.

That is crazy talk! We have Collins.

Texan_Bill
08-03-2007, 12:21 PM
That is crazy talk! We have Collins.

LMAO.... Thats pretty funny!!

DB... Heck I'll pitch in some $$.

Overalls
08-04-2007, 03:17 PM
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=29836

Just another thread where the TENNheads are begining to realize vy isn't all that and a bag of chips.

BattleRedToro
08-04-2007, 07:12 PM
not by horse collaring a guy. That play probably would have got a flag. Why would you hit someone on your team in a manner that would get a flag in a game, in camp of all things.

First of all, that isn't a horse collar tackle. In addition, it most likely wouldn't even have gotten a penalty flag. It was a clean hard hit. A little too hard for Training Camp? Maybe, but still a good clean hit. I'd like to know if the coaches reprimanded the DB. If they didn't, then obviously they didn't have a problem with the hit. It may be Training Camp, but it's still football, not ballet.

Texan_Bill
08-06-2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=29836

Just another thread where the TENNheads are begining to realize vy isn't all that and a bag of chips.

Did "ya know"?:

"Ya know" is a hip-hop culture saying

That was an explanation for VY not being able to complete a sentence without saying "Ya Know"...

Hillarious

Texan_Bill
08-06-2007, 09:24 AM
In that same thread, there was this enlightening gem:

He also talked up Moulds pretty big, what was the nickname he gave him? I'm thinking Moulds is going to have a prominent role in our system. His recent less than stellar production, may have a lot more to do with Houston's crappy O-line, then his age. We can certainly hope.

(he being VY)

Double Barrel
08-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Mould caught 57 passes last year, so I keep wondering what people are talking about him having a bad year. Yeah, only one was for a TD, but 30+ catches were for 1st downs, which is what a possession receiver is all about. I think he'll come back to haunt us when we play the Titans (obviously I hope not, but it's just our luck).

Texan_Bill
08-06-2007, 10:02 AM
I hear ya DB... Just thought it was funny that a) they didn't recognize that Moulds had an okay year and especially b) it was the O-lines fault.

Double Barrel
08-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Even when we win, it's the o-lines fault! :crazy:

Specnatz
08-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Even when we win, it's the o-lines fault! :crazy:

I thought it was in spite of the o-line??

:user:

Double Barrel
08-06-2007, 02:13 PM

:user:

Sure! Why not! :gun: :texflag: :gun:

When you've got an o-line as historically bad as ours, it shifts tectonic plates and alters the global climate. So there's something else to blame on our line, too.

Texan_Bill
08-06-2007, 02:15 PM
SO thats what cause Hurrican Katrina. I was buying into the conspiracy theorists that blamed Bush for launching some sort of secret weather machine... :gun:

whiskeyrbl
08-06-2007, 02:38 PM
From the looks of our defense so far I seriously doubt that VY is going to run that much against us. The way they have been hitting he probably won't want to much of it. Anyway give VY his props for last year he did some remarkable stuff. But remember there was also a guy on defense that helped win just as many games that is wrestling this year. So I don't expect the Taks to be contending for anything this year. As for us let the rest of the NFL think what they want, they'll find out soon enough.:read:

Runner
08-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Mould caught 57 passes last year, so I keep wondering what people are talking about him having a bad year.

He had a good year as number 2 receiver by Texans standards. People talk about him having a bad year because he is no longer a Texan. That is really the only thing that matters. The assumptions are that:

Major premise: Kubiak never make mistakes
Minor premise: Moulds was cut
Conclusion: Moulds sucks

If the conclusion is wrong, one of the premises is wrong.

Try this one.

Major Premise: David Carr was the only problem with the Texans
Minor Premise: The offensive line is not David Carr
Conclusion: There is nothing wrong with the offensive line
Corollary: Any post that criticizes the offensive line is wrong by definition

Hint: when looking for fallacies, key in on absolutes like never, always, every, best, worst, etc.

real
08-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Major Premise: David Carr was the only problem with the Texans
Minor Premise: The offensive line is not David Carr
Conclusion: There is nothing wrong with the offensive line
Corollary: Any post that criticizes the offensive line is wrong by definition

Hint: when looking for fallacies, key in on absolutes like never, always, every, best, worst, etc.

The only problem is our O-line has been thought to be the ONLY/Major problem and thus it was a wide spread perception that our O-line was causing David Carr to suck...

Of course there will be some backlash to that presumption...

Runner
08-06-2007, 04:53 PM
The only problem is our O-line has been thought to be the ONLY/Major problem and thus it was a wide spread perception that our O-line was causing David Carr to suck...

Of course there will be some backlash to that presumption...

I think almost everyone* has gotten beyond that particular perception, with some notable and obvious exceptions. Part of moving on is knowing that Carr was a problem. Another part would be to get over the Carr anger and look at the possibility that other positions may have problems.

I have never defended Carr by pointing to the o-line, but as soon as I utter "o-line" I seem to get lumped in that group. In fact, I blamed Carr for our tackle problems before that was a popular opinion (2004). I will go so far as to say Wand and Wade would be our tackles today if not for Carr's poor performance, with a major assist from Pendry.

* almost everyone gets around the speaking in absolutes fallacy rather handily. :)

real
08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I think almost everyone* has gotten beyond that particular perception, with some notable exceptions. Part of moving on is knowing that Carr was a problem. Another part would be to get over the Carr anger and look at the possibility that other positions may have problems.

You are right in this regard.

* almost everyone gets around the speaking in absolutes fallacy rather handily. :)

I know ....:cowboy1:

Double Barrel
08-06-2007, 05:02 PM
SO thats what cause Hurrican Katrina. I was buying into the conspiracy theorists that blamed Bush for launching some sort of secret weather machine... :gun:

That big sucking sound was our o-line, and it was obviously creating a vortex that pulled Katrina towards us. Otherwise, it would have just been a tropical storm that fizzled out in the north Atlantic.

But if you want/need to take the CON$piracy to the next level, then realize that we never intended to sign Bush before the 2006 Draft, simply because we knew we owed New Orleans big time for messing up their city.

So basically, we did not draft Reggie Bush because our o-line sucks so bad (or sucks so 'good' if you're a Saints fan).

He had a good year as number 2 receiver by Texans standards. People talk about him having a bad year because he is no longer a Texan. That is really the only thing that matters. The assumptions are that:

I'm sure this Vulcan mind game is somehow using logic to trap me....but it's a slow brain day and I can't figure it out. :shades:

As far as 57 catches being a good year as a Texans WR, I've looked at some other teams no. 2's numbers, and they seem to be around the lower half of the league, but not entirely a crappy year. Obviously, a lot of these catches were the first half of the season, so there is a bit of padding involved.

Runner
08-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Whoa...I just noticed this was a Vince Young thread - I was just using the new posts feature and not paying attention. What happened?

Specnatz
08-06-2007, 05:09 PM
HAHA now that is funny.

:splits:

:texflag:

The Pencil Neck
08-06-2007, 05:17 PM

Your logic is faulty regardless of the truth of the premises. You have assumptions that have not been specified. For example:

Premise: Kubiak cut Moulds.
Premise: Kubiak only cuts people who suck.
Premise: Kubiak identifies sucking players with 100% accuracy.
Conclusion: Moulds sucks.

Now we've got something that we can work with. NOW we can say that at least one of the premises is wrong and possibly, all three.

The decision to cut Moulds may or may not have come from Kubiak. Moulds might have been cut for reasons other than his supposed suckage. Kubiak definitely cannot identify sucking players with 100% accuracy although I think he's not very bad at identifying suckage.

And finally, Moulds may or may not suck. He might suck and that still not be the reason he was cut.

Runner
08-06-2007, 05:35 PM
As far as 57 catches being a good year as a Texans WR, I've looked at some other teams no. 2's numbers, and they seem to be around the lower half of the league, but not entirely a crappy year.

Thanks. I was too lazy to look at league-wide numbers. I thought someone had posted earlier that Moulds had more catches than any 2nd receiver for the Texans, so that is why I stated it as I did.

Runner
08-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Your logic is faulty regardless of the truth of the premises.

Not true! It is well documented here that Kubiak doesn't make mistakes. All the rest follows from that. :)

Or maybe bringing that assumption to light was the point of my rather jocular post..........

HJam72
08-06-2007, 05:50 PM
How did we get from "Vince not lighting it up in camp" to "Moulds might suck"?

HJam72
08-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I think we need a new direction here, to bring us back into the main topic.
I suggest: McKinney can't dunk.

Texan_Bill
08-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Vince barely completed 50% of his throws and threw more INT's than TD's....

Just to get back on topic...

Runner
08-06-2007, 07:57 PM

Young will be throwing to Moulds, so it's in the ball park.

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Vince barely completed 50% of his throws and threw more INT's than TD's....

Just to get back on topic...

Bill you are not just drinking the coolaid you are swimming with the ice bathing in it ....

Carr Bombed
08-07-2007, 12:03 AM

Threads usually self destruct at around 5 or 6 pages. :)

ReliantTexan
08-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Bill you are not just drinking the coolaid you are swimming with the ice bathing in it .... He's right Bill.You see,when talking with titan fans you can't use actual facts and logic.

Texan_Bill
08-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Bill you are not just drinking the coolaid you are swimming with the ice bathing in it ....

Just doin' my part to get things back on topic my man..

By the way, when it comes to "His Highness", I'm not drinking the kool-aid, I am flat out drinkin' the Hater-Aid!!!

Blazing Arrow
08-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Just doin' my part to get things back on topic my man..

By the way, when it comes to "His Highness", I'm not drinking the kool-aid, I am flat out drinkin' the Hater-Aid!!!

I have a feeling Young is going to drop a Baby Ruth in the Texans punch come this season.

Discuss....

Texan_Bill
08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
I have a feeling Young is going to drop a Baby Ruth in the Texans punch come this season.

Discuss....

That wasn't the feeling you were having. The 'feeling' was a tremor out there in Cali, that caused you to drop a Baby Ruth...

All the Texans have to do is to stop the run and the Tinbread offense is rendered impotent.. "ya know?"

Shaft75
08-07-2007, 10:57 AM

Discuss....

What kind of a "man" spends his time online talking about baby ruths and koolaid?

Another weird comment from BlazingArrow when he is running out of things to say...

I think Matt Schaub is going to put soap in the tinbreads showers, or toothbrushes near their bathroom sinks.

Discuss.

Blazing Arrow
08-07-2007, 02:07 PM
That wasn't the feeling you were having. The 'feeling' was a tremor out there in Cali, that caused you to drop a Baby Ruth...

All the Texans have to do is to stop the run and the Tinbread offense is rendered impotent.. "ya know?"

Quakes are over before you realize what is happening 99% of the time. I remember during the bigger one that hit in 89 that I actually turned and asked someone (who was not there) to stop shaking the table.

Blazing Arrow
08-07-2007, 02:24 PM
What kind of a "man" spends his time online talking about baby ruths and koolaid?

Another weird comment from BlazingArrow when he is running out of things to say...

I think Matt Schaub is going to put soap in the tinbreads showers, or toothbrushes near their bathroom sinks.

Discuss.

Let me make this easy for you:

Bill now:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/koolaid.jpg

Texans play the Titans:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/ruth.jpg

Bill after:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/koolaiddead.jpg

It would be easier if you knew who the Koolaid man was or had seen CaddyShack.

As always keeping it classy Shack75. Maybe we should open up another smack off thread where I totally pwn you so badly that even the people on your own board vote for me. idonno:

TEXANRED
08-07-2007, 04:21 PM

Discuss....

Vince is gonna drop a Baby Ruth when he is running for his life the entire game. Lets hope Vince doesn't have hemorrhoids cus peanuts don't digest right and have sharp jagged edges when they come out the other end.

I guess when Vince cries after this loss it will be for a different reason.

I personally like the Battle Red flavor of Hater-aid.

Shaft75
08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
It would be easier if you knew who the Koolaid man was or had seen CaddyShack.

Do you seriously think that I don't know what you were alluding to? The allusion was a bit of a reach. I guess that's what the marbles rolling around upstairs came up with.

As always keeping it classy Shack75. Maybe we should open up another smack off thread where I totally pwn you so badly that even the people on your own board vote for me.

If I had the time, I would be glad to. But Sparrow, you are filed in the "waste of time" section... Right by the tinbreads offseason aquisitions.

Silver Oak
08-07-2007, 06:17 PM
But Sparrow, you are filed in the "waste of time" section... Right by the tinbreads offseason aquisitions.

Overalls
08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
More whinning and crying at the Titans board.

Their stadium atmosphere is bad.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=29927

Do NOT show any more contests or commercial on the jumbotron. I dropped $60 on my seat. I don't need to have commercials in my face throughout the game too (I wish). If we are going to be force-fed commercials and contests, at least be more original instead of the SOS each week.

Get some variety in food in the stadium. I get more options at a Sounds game.

Get live music going in and around the concourse areas. (Bull Pen Pep Band anyone)They guys that played in front of the stadium on plastic cans and stuff was fun. Heck, a juggler or magician or two would be more fun than nothing.

I thought vy changed all that.

Double Barrel
08-07-2007, 06:35 PM
They guys that played in front of the stadium on plastic cans and stuff was fun.

yeah, maybe they can mix in a dude with a washboard and another dude blowing in a jug. chi-ku-ku :specnatz:

Blazing Arrow
08-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Do you seriously think that I don't know what you were alluding to? The allusion was a bit of a reach. I guess that's what the marbles rolling around upstairs came up with.

Considering our past "discussions" I thought it was a stretch.

You laughed just a little you can admit it. :)

Shaft75
08-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Considering our past "discussions" I thought it was a stretch.

You laughed just a little you can admit it. :)

You may be right, but never will I admit it.

Just like how you refuse to admit that Jason David is nothing but a cover 2 corner, or how VY's numbers are below average for an NFL qb.