PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sanders - Colts, PUP List!

The Pencil Neck
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/10275034

Maybe we will have a good chance to beat them in that first meeting.

BigTimeTexanFan
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM
This bodes well for us and any other team that plays them without Sanders. I think their defense is going to be even worse than last year out of the gate. The just lost Sanders along with Harper via free agency. Hopefully we take advantage!!!

Kaiser Toro
07-30-2007, 04:46 PM
This definitely helps us. However, I want to beat the Colts at full strength.

HuttoKarl
07-30-2007, 04:51 PM

Wins is wins.

I'll take any of them I can get.

Wolf
07-30-2007, 04:53 PM

agreed

Kaiser Toro
07-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Wins is wins.

I'll take any of them I can get.

I agree as want and need are two different things. We need wins anyway we can get them.

Blazing Arrow
07-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Wow that means 3 of there starting 4 in the secondary from last years team are gone or hurt. Could be a rough season for the TD robot.

Errant Hothy
07-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Fire up the running plays, which I must admit that I still find it odd that the Colt's run D was so dependant on Sanders, and control the clock?

Lucky
07-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Just because Sanders is on the PUP list now, doesn't mean he'll still be on the list at when the season begins. The Colts can take him off the list anytime between now and when final rosters are set.

Double Barrel
07-30-2007, 06:19 PM

We proved that we could do it last year. And while it would be nice for bragging rights, scoreboard is scoreboard. I want wins under any/all circumstances.

They didn't discount their wins over us because we were an expansion team. :shades:

The Pencil Neck
07-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Just because Sanders is on the PUP list now, doesn't mean he'll still be on the list at when the season begins. The Colts can take him off the list anytime between now and when final rosters are set.

I said "maybe."

Overalls
07-30-2007, 07:06 PM

The same could be true with our FB Cook.

Lucky
07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
I said "maybe."
There seemed to be some confusion regarding Sanders being listed on the PUP. It's very likely he will be available prior to the start of the season.

aj.
07-30-2007, 07:50 PM
There's different versions of PUP. Active PUP (training camp PUP) and Reserve PUP.

During training camp, players on Active PUP can't practice but they can be moved back to the active roster at any time (Jameel Cook, Bob Sanders). If the player remains on PUP until some date in early Sept, the player can't play until after Week 6 of the regular season. (Spencer, Wong).

Active PUP counts against the roster. Reserve PUP doesn't.

HuttoKarl
07-31-2007, 09:12 AM
I do want to add that it's very rare that any team beats another team at "full strength".

Injuries are part of the game. If the colts were at full strength and we beat them, we'd be doing so without being at Full Strength as we've got some players on the PUP and IR already.

Hence my "wins is wins" philosophy.

jlam
07-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Any information on what the reasoning for his being placed on the PUP actually is? Did he re-aggravate his knee?

The Pencil Neck
07-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Any information on what the reasoning for his being placed on the PUP actually is? Did he re-aggravate his knee?

He hasn't recovered from his off-season shoulder surgery from what I read. They had expected him to be healthy by now.

jlam
07-31-2007, 11:02 AM
He hasn't recovered from his off-season shoulder surgery from what I read. They had expected him to be healthy by now.

Gotcha. Thanks for the update.

Goldensilence
07-31-2007, 01:11 PM
They've been drafting well enough to be ok. With the Tampa 2 it's more about scheming and knowing where to be. I'm not saying they'll be great out of the gates but i'm sure they'll be a lot more solid then people will give them credit for.

I expect the Offense to be clicking completely with Dallas Clark fully healthy, knowing that Ben Utecht can step in and play quality time and aclimating Anthony Gonzalez into the receiving Corps. Teams had better stop them early because it'll be hard to stick to the running game if Peyton and Co. are putting up points on every drive.

I'm optomistic as the next about seeing the colts toppled but i'm not counting this team out on anything.

HJam72
07-31-2007, 01:47 PM
If people would stop letting dogs in at practice, there wouldn't be so many injuries in the first place--and calling it the PUP list is NOT CUTE. :wild: