View Full Version : Day 2 Training Camp Report

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3433

Hadn't seen this posted, yet.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2007, 02:55 PM
The parts that get me:

Chris Taylor hurting his knee and Jerome Mathis tweaking his hammy.

rmartin65
07-28-2007, 03:09 PM
It said Mathis kept playing, so hopefully its still ok

Wolf
07-28-2007, 03:14 PM
It said Mathis kept playing, so hopefully its still ok

I like mathis (and who doesn't like a pro bowl caliber returner) but I feel if he doesn't stay healthy, he will probably be gone.

ReliantTexan
07-28-2007, 03:17 PM
The parts that get me:

Chris Taylor hurting his knee and Jerome Mathis tweaking his hammy.Not good. :brickwall:

gtexan02
07-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Shantee Orr with a spectacular interception? Why can't he ever do that in the game...

Mr teX
07-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Ryans talking about how much more comfortable he is as opposed to last season stood out to me. If he was uncomfortable last season, & still did what he did, i wonder how beastly he's going to be this year!:whip: :whip: :whip:

ObsiWan
07-28-2007, 04:11 PM
The parts that get me:

Chris Taylor hurting his knee and Jerome Mathis tweaking his hammy.

I'll get concerned when they start missing time. Getting nicked up is part of getting in "football shape". If they can hit the training table or adjust how they're taped or something along those lines and keep playing then NBD.

But if this is an indication of something (a hammy or knee) about to give way....

...more to come, I'm sure.

GuerillaBlack
07-28-2007, 04:23 PM
I hope is knee doesn't give way. It didn't sound too serious, so hopefully he is back out there.

Yankee_In_TX
07-28-2007, 08:25 PM
1. Schuab didn't look as good as people seem to be reporting. But, then again, Carr was always phenominal in camp.

2. Jacoby Jones has to be 6'4, they list him at 6'2. His height and speed are amazing. Mathis is sweating. Sadly, he appears to have the hands of Mathis, he dropped a few well-place balls.

Pantherstang84
07-28-2007, 08:37 PM
1. Schuab didn't look as good as people seem to be reporting. But, then again, Carr was always phenominal in camp.

2. Jacoby Jones has to be 6'4, they list him at 6'2. His height and speed are amazing. Mathis is sweating. Sadly, he appears to have the hands of Mathis, he dropped a few well-place balls.

Do you care to elaborate a little? Is he missing reads, missing receivers? I'm not trying to call you out or anything. I'm just curious as to what your concerns are.

Honoring Earl 34
07-28-2007, 08:48 PM
It's hard to tell who's doing good because they switch recievers so much . They also are without pads and don't have to worried about getting clobbered . Sage went deep 3 or 4 times and Schaub did not , so it's hard to gage Schaub's arm strength .

Having said that , I think Sage and Schaub are'nt that far apart in practice . I guess we'll see what happens in the games . I think their a lot alike in that they're more heady with decent talent .

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout147.html

Yankee_In_TX
07-29-2007, 10:07 AM
What Earl said, plus I don't know enough about football to know when plays went bad if the receiver missed the route or if Schaub did something wrong. There were a few balls that were thrown to empty grass.

Wolf
07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
It's hard to tell who's doing good because they switch recievers so much . They also are without pads and don't have to worried about getting clobbered . Sage went deep 3 or 4 times and Schaub did not , so it's hard to gage Schaub's arm strength .

Having said that , I think Sage and Schaub are'nt that far apart in practice . I guess we'll see what happens in the games . I think their a lot alike in that they're more heady with decent talent .

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout147.html

Players all wore shorts and no pads for the session, save for defensive tackle Travis Johnson, who sported the official team sweatpants. Punishment for too many cheeseburgers during the offseason? Inquiring minds want to know..

from the link :heh:

I really doubt Travis makes it