PDA

View Full Version : HPF:Breaking down the offseason-Offense

Wolf
07-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Again a old news (posted in june) but good info IMO
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/review/review69.html

The Houston Texans spent much of the offseason concerned with quantity rather than quality. Depth is an important aspect to a successful football team. Competition for jobs in training camp is a healthy thing to have. Whether the Texans have actually improved themselves this offseason remains to be seen.

In this column, I'm going to focus on the offense and spend the next column concentrating on the defense. Not much happens in the NFL in June other than OTAs and encounters with LEOs so one can feel confiden

V3rm0nt3r
07-28-2007, 12:30 PM
That's interesting that they have Black starting over Salaam. Everything I've read points to Salaam starting and Black being the backup for both tackles.

Vinny
07-28-2007, 12:32 PM
That's interesting that they have Black starting over Salaam. Everything I've read points to Salaam starting and Black being the backup for both tackles.Salaam started off as the guy on the first day of camp. It's his job to lose. He actually played pretty darn well last year.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't know. The guy seems a little behind:

1. Salaam is going to be our starting LT while Black is a swing backup.
2. Flanagan and Hodgdon aren't the centers. Right now, the center position is going to start off being a toss-up between McKinney and Flanagan. I think Studdard might be given a shot there. I don't think Hodgdon makes the team.
3. I guess he hadn't heard the latest on Spencer.
4. He mentions Cook but Cook is going on the PUP. I think Cook is gone by the end of the season.

Errant Hothy
07-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Ummm, it's was written last month, as pointd out on the article and the first post, give the guy some slack.

BattleRedToro
07-28-2007, 01:18 PM
I expect to see the greatest improvement in RT Eric Winston's play, followed by RG Fred Weary, and finally LG Chester Pitts. If Salaam remains healthy that in essence will result in de facto improvement at LT. I hope to see OG Kasey Studdard given a shot at playing Center as well.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Ummm, it's was written last month, as pointd out on the article and the first post, give the guy some slack.

I overlooked that.