PDA

View Full Version : All Encompassing Vick Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Koolaid Time
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
A little more than 24 hours after entering a plea of "Not Guilty" to the charges, one of Mike Vick's Co-Defendants, Tony Taylor, will be entering a guilty plea Monday before Federal Judge Henry Hudson.

The Plea Hearing was added to Hudson's Monday Docket late Friday afternoon.

The Feds claim that Taylor located the Surrey County property purchased by Vick and used it as the site of "Bad Newz Kennels," a dogfighting enterprise. The Hampton man also allegedly helped purchase pit bulls and killed at least two dogs that fared poorly in test fights.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/07/27/0728plea.html

:gun:

Adios Ookie...... When a member of your "crew" cops the plea, you know you are toast.

the wonger need food
07-27-2007, 10:35 PM
And we still haven't heard from Devon Broddie...

Double Barrel
07-27-2007, 10:40 PM
ESPN said that more indictments will be coming at the end of August.

Things are not looking up for Mr. Vick.

Koolaid Time
07-27-2007, 10:41 PM
And we still haven't heard from Devon Broddie...

I think the Superceding Indictment was the "straw that broke the camel's back."

Its a "No Brainer"...Tony rats out Vick, maybe some others, does a few years, and he doesn't have the IRS, civil forfeiture, and other new counts tacked on to him.

Koolaid Time
07-27-2007, 11:31 PM
ESPN said that more indictments will be coming at the end of August.

Things are not looking up for Mr. Vick.

With Vick's upcoming conviction, he won't be able to play in the NFL, but Arthur Blank will feel sorry for him and offer him a job...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/VickDepot.jpg

brakos82
07-27-2007, 11:36 PM
:goodbad:

Second Honeymoon
07-28-2007, 12:30 AM
well if this guy pleaded 'not guilty' on thursday and changed his tune not even 24 hours later, this doesn't bode well for Vick at all.

the guy who pleaded guilty is a prior felon long-time close friend of Vick. If he is pleading guilty to the indictment charges then there are numerous instances within the current indictment that will have him testifying AGAINST Vick in MV's trial. I also found it very interesting that he had a different lawyer than Vick and he was not part of the Vick legal team. I figured Vick would finance all the co-defendants trials so they could have one consistent voice and battle plan.

I thought Vick was 98% guilty when I woke up this morning...after this guy flipping within 24 hours, I gotta say he is 99.9% guilty now.

Specnatz
07-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Granted the guy pleading guilty might not have much in the way of credibility, but I am sure there is a paper trail. Purchasing the home and property, paying for the buildings in the back to be built, and tape of him at a dog fight. The hangmans gallow is being constructed (metaphor only) and his name is being carved into it.

Immobilarity
07-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Waiting for the Ron Mexico 's debut rap album after he gets out from prison.

Mr. White
07-28-2007, 02:19 PM
or maybe he will just accept the ***** role and walk around holding his man's pocket in the lunch line. maybe he can buy some security?

Anyone who's ever seen "Scared Straight" knows that this is funny stuff.

Red_Zone
07-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Anyone who's ever seen "Scared Straight" knows that this is funny stuff.

If Vick goes to big boy prison he will probably wind up playing Center to a Quaterback named "Bubba". :yikes: :panic:

real
07-28-2007, 09:50 PM
If MV goes to prison he will probably not be touched...

gwallaia
07-28-2007, 11:05 PM
He could be like Burt Reynolds in The Longest Yard.

StarStruck
07-28-2007, 11:19 PM
If MV goes to prison he will probably not be touched...

I agree. To many in prison, Vick would still be a hero for his football glory, who happened to end up one of them. If warranted, he would be protected if he couldn't defend himself. I read that Jim Bakker was able to off Bubba, so Vick would be ok.

Red_Zone
07-28-2007, 11:34 PM
You guys watch too much tv. There's a heirarchy of power inside and all they care about is making sure the new guy knows who's in charge and they assert their power sometimes in painful ways. Ain't no big money wannabe gangsta thug with a pretty face gonna hold no sway there.

All you Vick supporters can help by sending Mike lots of soap-on-a-rope.

Koolaid Time
07-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Vick is being sued for $63 BILLION dollars...

"As if Michael Vick didn't have enough troubles, he may have to fork over $63 billion — that's billion, with a B — if one Jonathan Lee Riches prevails in court.......

The lawsuit does not explain what landed Riches in the clink, but does spell out a number of dastardly allegations: that Vick supposedly stole Riches' dogs for dogfighting purposes, opened credit cards in Riches' name and stole his copyrighted property. ("Mr. Vick uses my name to sell T-shirts," the suit alleges at one point).

Riches claims that Vick used the proceeds from the sale of the stolen dogs to purchase missles from the Iranian government, that he has "plead (sic) allegiance to Al-quaeda" and has subjected Riches to "microwave testing."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/07/27/vickbrite_0727.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

No, I didn't make ANY of that up... :splits:

YoungTexanFan
07-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Vick is being sued for $63 BILLION dollars...

"As if Michael Vick didn't have enough troubles, he may have to fork over $63 billion — that's billion, with a B — if one Jonathan Lee Riches prevails in court.......

The lawsuit does not explain what landed Riches in the clink, but does spell out a number of dastardly allegations: that Vick supposedly stole Riches' dogs for dogfighting purposes, opened credit cards in Riches' name and stole his copyrighted property. ("Mr. Vick uses my name to sell T-shirts," the suit alleges at one point).

Riches claims that Vick used the proceeds from the sale of the stolen dogs to purchase missles from the Iranian government, that he has "plead (sic) allegiance to Al-quaeda" and has subjected Riches to "microwave testing."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/07/27/vickbrite_0727.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

No, I didn't make ANY of that up... :splits:

Wow. I'm not even going to read the article and assume this is just a joke.

Specnatz
07-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Now that is funny. Could I sue because vick stole my innocence as to football players all being heros?

StarStruck
07-29-2007, 02:56 AM
You guys watch too much tv. There's a heirarchy of power inside and all they care about is making sure the new guy knows who's in charge and they assert their power sometimes in painful ways. Ain't no big money wannabe gangsta thug with a pretty face gonna hold no sway there.

I am not a Vick supporter although I am choosing to step back and let the allegations play out in our court system. Then I will support the decision of the jury.

I could be wrong, but I believe there are certain people that are liked or have credibility with even the toughest of prisoners. I never heard of the other Mike (Tyson) having any soap issues.

The1ApplePie
07-29-2007, 11:25 AM

A guy with some kind of underworld/gang connections and millions of dollars will have nothing to worry about in prison. The man can hire any muscle he wants.

The guards will probably be bringing him hookers and weed by the first week.

GuerillaBlack
07-29-2007, 11:47 AM
All these damn Vick threads. I say we make a Mike Vick subforum.

TexansLucky13
07-29-2007, 12:31 PM
All these damn Vick threads. I say we make a Mike Vick subforum.

Yup. We can call it "Slime in the ice machine".

:shades:

Silver Oak
07-29-2007, 01:58 PM
I still get sick at the way those dogs were killed.

Whatever punishment he receives, either anally or financially, it will never be enough in my opinion.

Red_Zone
07-29-2007, 03:25 PM
I am not a Vick supporter although I am choosing to step back and let the allegations play out in our court system. Then I will support the decision of the jury.

I could be wrong, but I believe there are certain people that are liked or have credibility with even the toughest of prisoners. I never heard of the other Mike (Tyson) having any soap issues.

I hardly think you can make any accurate comparison between Vick and Tyson in this area. Tyson grew up in the "Real" hood and learned to fight at an early age and spent his youth in and out of juvenile detention and other trouble. Vick lived in a poor neighborhood too but spent his youth in the local boys and girls club tossing footballs around.

A quarterback at least has an offensive line in front of him to protect him and he gets to run away from the guys that want to cream his butt. Tyson didn't have anyone between him and his opponents and his job was to face them and fight.

So no, I don't expect "Iron Mike" had too many problems with the soap in doing his prison time. On the other hand Vick has never faced any truly tough opposition. Even criminals have some values they hold to which is why child molesters and killers rarely last long in prison, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that animal abusers and especially dog killers rank pretty close to pedophiles in prison.

It may be true that Vick can buy some protection, but who's he gonna buy it from? He's not gonna know anyone when he first gets there so we'll just have to wait and see.

Mainly I'm just having a little fun with this line of reasoning but there's probably a little wishful thinking in there too as there are few things on earth that are lower to me than someone who would torture and abuse an innocent animal, especially domestic animals like dogs, cats, birds etc.

nunusguy
07-29-2007, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that animal abusers and especially dog killers rank pretty close to pedophiles in prison.

While abusing dogs in the manner Vick is accused of doing is certainly despicable and sadistic, I can't even begin to put it near the same universe of the acts of a pedophile. Are you saying you do ?

Red_Zone
07-29-2007, 09:26 PM
While abusing dogs in the manner Vick is accused of doing is certainly despicable and sadistic, I can't even begin to put it near the same universe of the acts of a pedophile. Are you saying you do ?

No, not at all. Certainly the abuse of children ranks way above or worse than what Vick is accused of doing. I was just saying that it's possible that in prison an abuser, killer of and torturer of animals may be viewed as someone to "target" for a taste of their own medicine much like is commonly thought to happen to Child abusers and pedophiles in prison.

awtysst
07-29-2007, 11:56 PM
No, not at all. Certainly the abuse of children ranks way above or worse than what Vick is accused of doing. I was just saying that it's possible that in prison an abuser, killer of and torturer of animals may be viewed as someone to "target" for a taste of their own medicine much like is commonly thought to happen to Child abusers and pedophiles in prison.

Actually RZ, he will probably be sperated from Gen Population(should he be convicted). Those seperated from Gen Pop are those that would be bothered, injured, or simply are unable to be there. Typically child molestors, rapists, celebrities, and the mentally ill(in theor own area) fall into this category.

brakos82
07-30-2007, 12:23 AM
http://www.geocities.com/brakos82/bobvick.gif

shinerbock_girl
07-30-2007, 01:07 AM
http://www.geocities.com/brakos82/bobvick.gif

Oh that pic is wayyyyy too kool....LOL.....

2BCF
07-30-2007, 03:06 AM
Sub-human crime deserves sub-human punishment.

nunusguy
07-30-2007, 09:02 AM
I gotta tell you, I think you've off base on this one. Actually you might be a bit on the naive side if you really think cons in the pen have some kind of
sympathy for animals that are mistreated by their owners. I just don't think a lot of these guys have that kind of sensitively for our furry friends, or human beings for that matter. Except for pedofiles, where it is well know that cons do have their won brand of justice.

Koolaid Time
07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Let the squeeling begin....

"RICHMOND, Va. — One of Michael Vick's co-defendants pleaded guilty to dogfighting charges Monday in Richmond federal court, in a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Tony Taylor, 34, of Hampton, Va., entered his plea in U.S. District Court to conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities, and conspiring to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.

Taylor also agreed to cooperate with federal prosecutors. Taylor said he was not promised any specific sentence in return for his cooperation with the government.

U.S District Judge Henry Hudson asked Taylor, "You're pleading guilty and taking your chances, right?"

Taylor responded, "Yes."""

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291389,00.html

"T" has some testicles--not having a deal lined up in term of sentencing. He will be sentenced AFTER Vick's trial. So he must be handing the Feds the "Keys to the Kennel/Kingdom."

If he gets a light sentence, expect him to be placed in the Witness Protection Program and given the job as a peanut vendor at Florida Marlins games. (nobody goes to the games, so he won't be spotted).

"T" knows how the whole deal went down. I expect "P-Funk" to be the next to join the "Rat Patrol" because he has the goods on the alleged dope dealing involving Vick.

Khari
07-30-2007, 04:49 PM
First Down: Vick Cohort Cops Plea
Tells feds dogfighting operation "almost exclusively funded" by QB

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0730071vick1.html

HoustonFrog
07-30-2007, 07:22 PM
If it wasn't bad enough, here you go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2954244

One of Michael Vick's co-defendants pleaded guilty Monday to his role in a dogfighting conspiracy he says was financed almost entirely by the Atlanta Falcons quarterback....................

"The 'Bad Newz Kennels' operation and gambling monies were almost exclusively funded by Vick," a summary of facts supporting the plea agreement and signed by Taylor states..

Mr teX
07-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I feel sorry for this cat, the hood doesn't like snitching under any circumstances. Expect for something to happen to this guy within the next 6 months.

Second Honeymoon
07-30-2007, 07:58 PM
If it wasn't bad enough, here you go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2954244

as if there was any debate...the 'kennel' was bought within 2 weeks of Vick receiving his contract. he bought his dogs a house before he bought his mama one.

i think this is a pretty damning irrefutable (sic) fact

Overalls
07-30-2007, 08:32 PM
I have been checking out a Falcons board to see the meltdown over Vick and came across this little quote.

QUOTE TO NOTE: "I was wondering when it was going to run out of gas."

Falcons tight end Alge Crumpler, regarding a plane that flew over the team's first practice with a tail-banner that read: "Falcons New Name: Dog Killers."

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=260524

That has got to get to Blank, the Falcons owner.

Now check out a Falcons fan reaction to the plane and banner.

Oh ok. Now it's totally ######in understandable that someone would pay the insane amount of money to print up a giant canvas banner and rent an airplane for the whole day.

Does anyone remember the old 80's song "The Final Countdown".

I have had that tune stuck in my head, but with the words "Falcons meltdown"

Red_Zone
07-30-2007, 11:41 PM
[B]"T" has some testicles--not having a deal lined up in term of sentencing. He will be sentenced AFTER Vick's trial. So he must be handing the Feds the "Keys to the Kennel/Kingdom."

Heard a legal analyst today on the radio say that to him the fact that there was no definate promise of a short term sentence indicated to him that the feds had evidence so strong on this guy he folded and copped a plea just in HOPES of the court showing mercy at sentencing because of him saving the court the expense of trying him.

So if that's true no testicles were required, just a very real fear of the maximum prison sentence. Also if that is true it doesn't bode well for Mr Vick at all. Actually no matter what the reason it doesn't bode well for Vick that one of his "boys" has pleaded guilty and is pointing the finger solidly at Vick.

Red_Zone
07-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Perhaps they are just less rich scumbags trying to find an out.

Could you blame them? Maybe Vick should have provided his co-conspiritors with high priced attorneys like he has and this wouldn't have happened. After all he provided the house, the kennels, the trainers and the money for the whole operation, only fair that he pay for everyones attorney.

Koolaid Time
07-31-2007, 08:44 AM
So if that's true no testicles were required, just a very real fear of the maximum prison sentence. Also if that is true it doesn't bode well for Mr Vick at all. Actually no matter what the reason it doesn't bode well for Vick that one of his "boys" has pleaded guilty and is pointing the finger solidly at Vick.

If you look at the the bottom of page 1 and top of page 2 of the TT Plea Agreement, you can see what is in store in terms of the Superceding Indictment of Vick. Taylor essentially pled guilty to a racketerring violation of 18 USC 1952. Notice they didn't specify subsections (a)(1) (2) or (3).

18 U.S.C. § 1952. Interstate and foreign travel or transportation in aid of racketeering enterprises

(a) Whoever travels in interstate or foreign commerce or uses the mail or any facility in interstate or foreign commerce, with intent to—
(1) distribute the proceeds of any unlawful activity; or
(2) commit any crime of violence to further any unlawful activity; or
(3) otherwise promote, manage, establish, carry on, or facilitate the promotion, management, establishment, or carrying on, of any unlawful activity,
and thereafter performs or attempts to perform—
(A) an act described in paragraph (1) or (3) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both; or
( B ) an act described in paragraph (2) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or both, and if death results shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.

In the Superceding Indictment I think they will try to nail Vick under (2) commit any crime of violence to further any unlawful activity, which is 20 years in the Federal Pen, as well as a possible marijuana distribution charge. There are just too many connections between Vick, his crew, and the "Wacky Weed"... Remember this same "crew" was arrested with a pound of pot in a pickup truck registered to Mr. Mike Vick.

Texan_Bill
07-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Heard a legal analyst today on the radio say that to him the fact that there was no definate promise of a short term sentence indicated to him that the feds had evidence so strong on this guy he folded and copped a plea just in HOPES of the court showing mercy at sentencing because of him saving the court the expense of trying him.

I heard another analyst suggest that this guy could have a wink deal with the prosecutors. Since he won't get sentenced until December, the prosecutors can hold it over his head until he gives his testimony and ensure that his testimony against Vick is strong and doesn't waiver.

Joe Texan
07-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Or better yet, for those who wish to continue to reduntdantly make their points, they can go to the Falcon's Board.

These should either be locked or moved to NSZ. It's getting old. DB is right. There is nothing football related here.

There is no Falcons football here, why would they want to see this

This is the best damn criminal football subject since OJ

I still say lock him in a room with 10 of those starving abused dogs and let them have thier justice. No pads

Second Honeymoon
07-31-2007, 01:30 PM
The reason the Feds didn't make a deal with Tony Taylor is that if they make a deal with him, it sullies his testimony and the defense can then make him out to be someone who is implicating Vick to save his own arse. Due to the fact that there is no promises and no guarantees, now the defense attorneys will have a harder time pointing this out to the jury. They will still attempt to use it against Tony Taylor, but it will not hold as much water. Taylor will end up getting a lessened charge and the kingpin and financier, ConVick, will get hosed.

This is basic Law101. One thing that some people may not realize is that Tony Taylor and Vick have not gotten along for the past couple years. There has been a rift between them and Taylor was immediately evicted by Vick from the 'house' once all this stuff hit the fan. If the defense is skilled, they could use this to help Vick. Not exactly a spurned lover, but it could play well to the jury.

I found it very telling that Vick and the other 2 codefendants came in with fine Italian suits and expensive lawyers while Taylor came in with blue jeans and a yellow t-shirt and a local lawyer on the cheap. It seems that it is a house divided in VickLand and ironically this could cheapen Taylor's testimony. There are some avenues for the Vick defense to go against Taylor.

Vick sounded like a moron on the radio yesterday that is for sure. He kept referring to himself in the 3rd person and kept on mentioning God for the sympathy vote. It was quite lame. He is fooling himself if thinks he will get even a sniff of the league this year. The only thing he is going to be sniffing is body odor, butt cheese, and ball sacks of his fellow inmates come 2008.

Congratulations Vick, you lose in life.

infantrycak
07-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Taylor will end up getting a lessened charge and the kingpin and financier, ConVick, will get hosed.

Taylor is not going to have his charge lessened--he has already plead guilty. The question will be in the sentencing. Having said that, what he plead to was the original indictment with a superseding indictment on the way which will undoubtedly carry many more charges on top of what was alleged originally against Taylor.

One thing that some people may not realize is that Tony Taylor and Vick have not gotten along for the past couple years. There has been a rift between them and Taylor was immediately evicted by Vick from the 'house' once all this stuff hit the fan.

Well kind of. Taylor's rift was with one of the co-indictees other than Vick. Vick continued to let Taylor live in the house the past three years--he just didn't continue participating in Bad Newz Kennels.

Red_Zone
08-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Actually RZ, he will probably be sperated from Gen Population(should he be convicted). Those seperated from Gen Pop are those that would be bothered, injured, or simply are unable to be there. Typically child molestors, rapists, celebrities, and the mentally ill(in theor own area) fall into this category.

You mean like Jeffrey Dahmer? Worked real well for him didn't it.

hobie
08-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Not to stir the pot anymore than it has been done onthis, this was too good to pass up...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/texansgal8/vick.jpg

Texan_Bill
08-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Not to stir the pot anymore than it has been done onthis, this was too good to pass up...

Thats freakin AWESOME!!!

hollywood_texan
08-03-2007, 02:37 PM

Is that a Pitt Bull?

HOU-TEX
08-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Is that a Pitt Bull?

I'm not sure. Whatever it is, it dang sure doesn't look happy about the situation.:)

Koolaid Time
08-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Celebrating its 50th Anniversary in Atlanta, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference is Honoring Mike Vick....

Published on: 08/03/07

"When the SCLC gathers this week to honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., and the promise of Barack Obama, the presence of at least one more major figure will loom large – Michael Vick.

During a press conference announcing the opening of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference's 49th annual convention to celebrate the organization's 50th year, president Charles Steele noted that the organization would find some way to honor and recognize the embattled Falcon's quarterback who is under federal indictment on dogfighting charges.

"We will work with anyone who opens their heart and arms to us," said Steele"

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2007/08/03/vicksclc_0804.html

:wild: This is pure Insanity... :gun:

and they wonder why the King Family doesn't want anything to do with the SCLC...

Red_Zone
08-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Celebrating its 50th Anniversary in Atlanta, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference is Honoring Mike Vick....
Published on: 08/03/07
"When the SCLC gathers this week to honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., and the promise of Barack Obama, the presence of at least one more major figure will loom large – Michael Vick.
During a press conference announcing the opening of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference's 49th annual convention to celebrate the organization's 50th year, president Charles Steele noted that the organization would find some way to honor and recognize the embattled Falcon's quarterback who is under federal indictment on dogfighting charges.
"We will work with anyone who opens their heart and arms to us," said Steele"
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2007/08/03/vicksclc_0804.html
:wild: This is pure Insanity... :gun:
and they wonder why the King Family doesn't want anything to do with the SCLC...
Interesting, 77% of those taking the poll on the ajc say the SCLC Is "out of their mind".

*That's nothing new, the SCLC has been out of their minds for decades. They have no credibility with anyone that matters. Vick can take their little honorarium and $4.00 and get himself a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #bcbcbc; background-image: none; color: #660000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

Texan_Bill
08-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Apparently, Eric Dickerson isn't buying Vick's brand either....

Eric Dickerson (http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=207187&cl=3573302&ch=243724&src=sports)

Mr teX
08-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Interesting, 77% of those taking the poll on the ajc say the SCLC Is "out of their mind".
*That's nothing new, the SCLC has been out of their minds for decades. They have no credibility with anyone that matters. Vick can take their little honorarium and $4.00 and get himself a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #bcbcbc; background-image: none; color: #660000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }

& PETA does?

nunusguy
08-06-2007, 12:46 PM
"Interesting, 77% of those taking the poll on the ajc say the SCLC Is "out of their mind".
Atleast the SCLC believes in the presumtion of innocence while all the white affluent professionals of the ATL 'burbs continue to seem to want to treat Vick as if he's been convicted of raping and murdering a white woman.

TxDavid
08-06-2007, 05:39 PM
http://www.vickdogchewtoy.com/

A portion of the proceeds are supposed to go to the Jacksonville Humane Society. The website looks amateurish. Order at your own risk.

Press Release - Vick Dog Chew Toy

Vick Dog Chew Toy
www.vickdogchewtoy.com

Jacksonville, Fl. Aug. 3rd — As the Michael Vick dog fighting scandal continues to unfold we find ourselves trying to figure out why a multi-million dollar NFL superstar would put himself in this type of position. That question can not be answered as of yet and may or may not ever be answered. After authorities raided a house owned by Vick on April 25 and found 66 dogs and a pit usually used in dog fights, Vick has finally been indicted by a Federal Grand Jury and will face trial soon.

While most of us have turned a blind eye to this underground world of dogfighting, Michael Vick has helped to blow the doors wide open on this problem. There are now more people responding to the horrible situation that many of these animals have been subjected to.

Now a new type of retribution has been created to give every dog a little pay-back. The Vick Dog Chew Toy will be available for delivery on August 7th and will hopefully help open the eyes of many others. This has been created to help the Humane Society shed some light on this horrendous sport of dogfighting. Each person now has the opportunity to buy a dog chew toy that will help other animals live a better life than those poor dogs that were found on April 25th.

The most rewarding part of The Vick Dog Chew Toy is that a portion of the proceeds are being donated to the Jacksonville Humane Society to help spread awareness of this terrible phenomenon.

Individual orders will start being filled on August 7th with the hopes of providing bulk delivery very soon after. The release date for bulk orders has not yet been determined.

Any questions or orders can be directed through www.vickdogchewtoy.com

TEXANS84
08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1947/pricelessvp2.jpg

Wolf
08-11-2007, 11:42 AM
The has-bin

A Michael Vick-brand “junior size” football that was selling for $9.99 at Target two weeks ago has been marked down to $2.48.

the link is not about vick...it is about Yao Ming and his wedding..this was just on a tidbit on the side of the article

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20070811-9999-1s11gallery.html

infantrycak
08-13-2007, 06:34 PM
On Sportscenter they just said the remaining two co-indictees are going to cop pleas sometime this week. Vick is toast.

Khari
08-13-2007, 06:39 PM
On Sportscenter they just said the remaining two co-indictees are going to cop pleas sometime this week. Vick is toast.

YAY~!!!! burn in hell mr vick.......that is all

:mail:

Texan_Bill
08-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Will they turn states evidence?
Will they throw their boy Ookie under the bus??

Stay tuned for another episode of "As the Kennel Turns"......

CloakNNNdagger
08-13-2007, 08:01 PM

The two remaining co-defendants in the Michael Vick federal dog fighting case scheduled a plea agreement hearing Monday, an indication that they will plead guilty and testify against Vick.

Purnell Peace has a hearing set for 9 a.m. Thursday and Quanis L. Phillips has a hearing set for 9 a.m. Friday in U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va., before District Judge Henry E. Hudson.

Last month, the third co-defendant Tony Taylor accepted a deal and entered a guilty plea. The agreement required him to testify against the others.

"There's no telling until the actual pleas, but this doesn't sound like good news for Michael Vick," said Kent Alexander, once the U.S. Attorney in Atlanta and now Emory University's general counsel. "Usually, if people plead guilty early in a case they may be cooperating with the government. That's what it sounds like here."

Taylor, who along with Vick pleaded not guilty to the charges July 26, promised to cooperate with federal prosecutors and share "detailed facts" for their case against Vick, Peace and Phillips.

Taylor also signed a 13-page statement of facts outlining the charges against him, Vick and the two others, stating they are "true and accurate" and that had Taylor's case gone to trial prosecutors could have proved "these facts beyond a reasonable doubt."

Judge Hudson set Taylor's sentencing date for Dec. 14. Vick, Peace and Phillips' trial date was set for Nov. 26 before Hudson.

They face up to five years in prison and $250,000 in fines. Prosecutors could recommend a lighter sentence for Taylor depending on how cooperative he is, legal experts said, and that is why the court set Taylor's sentencing for a date after the trial.
Rolling over (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/13/vick_0814.html)

nunusguy
08-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I dunno, but bet these “dog days of summer” are very uncomfortable for MV.

The1ApplePie
08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
I think Vick is guilty as sin, but the prosecutor may want Vick no matter what (look at Nifong) and is willing to except any story that guys will cough up for plea bargins.

Vick could be innocent (small chance) but getting sold up the river by a few jokers and a prosecutor.

Specnatz
08-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I think Vick is guilty as sin, but the prosecutor may want Vick no matter what (look at Nifong) and is willing to except any story that guys will cough up for plea bargins.

Vick could be innocent (small chance) but getting sold up the river by a few jokers and a prosecutor.

The differance is this is a federal prosecutor not some hack wanting to be re-elected.

Koolaid Time
08-13-2007, 10:36 PM

Well... I'd like to give a "shout out" to that "Ookie Dude" sayin

"Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah ....Bow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah"

Because you are soooo radioactive you gotta be an "Atomic Dog"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuyS9M8T03A

edo783
08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Time to cue up a little CCR.....Proud Mary

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin on the River.. (Shake it TINA!)

They are rollin on Vick big time now and I look for it to be like a snowball rolling down hill....just keeps getting bigger with more folks coming forward to protect themselves before they get crushed.

If it weren't the Feds after him, he MIGHT stand a chance, but with the Feds, the odds are real small of getting out of this jam and his posse is rollin over for them. Not looking good for Ron Mexico.

Specnatz
08-13-2007, 11:41 PM
All credit to Gary Varvel. You can goggle him and check out more of his work.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/vickjury1ca8.jpg

I got this from another site and gave credit to who created it.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 08:27 AM

Very nice!!!

HOU-TEX
08-14-2007, 10:29 AM
All credit to Gary Varvel. You can goggle him and check out more of his work.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/vickjury1ca8.jpg

I got this from another site and gave credit to who created it.

LOL! Snoopy and Droopy alone would whip Vicks azz. Don't mess with Snoopy!

Second Honeymoon
08-14-2007, 10:30 AM
LOL! Snoopy and Droopy alone would whip Vicks azz. Don't mess with Snoopy!

Astro looks like he is about to leave a Cleveland Steamer on Vick's face.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I have never seen Scooby look so pissed....

Double Barrel
08-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Now, now....Vick hasn't been "proven guilty in a court of law"...just like Barry Bonds, 'eh SWT? :hmmm:

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Now, now....Vick hasn't been "proven guilty in a court of law"...just like Barry Bonds, 'eh SWT? :hmmm:

You're such a :stirpot:

TigerV1
08-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Vick has been offered a plea deal.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293172,00.html

This may be his only shot at keeping himself out of prison for many years to come. With his friends rolling over like dogs at an obedience school, he better take a hard look at himself and decide what he wants to do. The clock is ticking Mr. Vick.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Vick has been offered a plea deal.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293172,00.html

This may be his only shot at keeping himself out of prison for many years to come. With his friends rolling over like dogs at an obedience school, he better take a hard look at himself and decide what he wants to do. The clock is ticking Mr. Vick.

LMAO... Nice!!!

He should take the plea bargain. Then "sit and beg" for mercy.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Dang Double post

TigerV1
08-14-2007, 12:33 PM
LMAO... Nice!!!

He should take the plea bargain. Then "sit and beg" for mercy.

He definitely should take it. They are throwing him a bone. (I just couldn't help myself)

HOU-TEX
08-14-2007, 12:34 PM

Oh Lordy! :backsout:

Brando
08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Chopper sick balls......

Brando
08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Astro looks like he is about to leave a Cleveland Steamer on Vick's face.

lol

:Muttley laugh:

Porky
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Vick attorneys negotiating plea
Falcons QB would serve prison time if agreement reached

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER, BILL RANKIN
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 08/14/07

Michael Vick's attorneys are engaged in plea negotiations with federal prosecutors and the Falcons quarterback could reach an agreement before new dogfighting charges are handed down next week, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations.

The negotiations follow news that two more of Vick's three co-defendants are scheduled to enter guilty pleas later this week as part of a deal with prosecutors.

Collins Spencer, a spokesman for Vick's lawyers, declined to comment Tuesday on any possible negotiations.

He added that Vick did not meet with his attorneys last night but said they will have a conference call with Vick this morning and may have an announcement this afternoon. Spencer did not indicate what the announcement would be.

On Monday Spencer said the legal team was "very surprised" by the pleas from Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips and said they would not affect plans to move forward toward a Nov. 26 trial.

Vick's lead attorney, Billy Martin, could not be reached for comment.

If the announcement is that Vick has reached a plea agreement, the embattled star quarterback is expected to be sentenced to some time in prison, according to federal sentencing guidelines.

Take it like a man Vick (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/14/vick_0815.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab)

Silver Oak
08-14-2007, 04:24 PM
this is all coming together quite nicely now.

I would give almost anything to listen in on that conference call vick has with his attorneys...

TigerV1
08-14-2007, 04:34 PM
I think regardless of the plea deal now, Vick is done with football. There is so much evidence against him, not to mention all his buds are copping pleas, there is a tiny percentage he gets off free.

Scenario 1: Vick opts to take the plea
A plea is an admission of guilt so therefore he is banned from the NFL for life. He goes to prison for a reduced sentence.

Scenario 2: He does not take the plea and is found guilty
He goes to prison for a prolonged stay and banned from the NFL.

Scenario 3: He does not take the plea and is found not guilty
He returns to spot as the main man in Atlanta.

Scenario 3 is going to be the longshot in my opinion. With so much going against him I just don't really see a jury finding him innocent. It could happen, but I think there is a small, maybe 1% chance it happens. Most likely he is done with football.

Porky
08-14-2007, 04:39 PM
http://www.bumperactive.com/images/catalog/fullsize/BumperactiveBumperSticker2379.jpg

Koolaid Time
08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
I'd guess a minimum of 3 years at Club Fed....And if Vick "cooperates" in other Dogfighting Investigations the Feds have going on, they will reduce the sentence.

Of course, if he cooperates, he might as well go into the Witness Protection Program.

Koolaid Time
08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
this is all coming together quite nicely now.

I would give almost anything to listen in on that conference call vick has with his attorneys...

%$#^& You mean &^#$^&*ing years??? Oh *(($#$ !

Feds better be watching him because he might try to "scramble" out of the country...

Heath Shuler
08-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Where are the Vick apologists? Their silence is very telling. What happened to the bold predictions: no suspensions, Vick would QB the falcons this year, no jail time, the Feds have no case, it is just dogs no big deal, etc.

I hope Vick is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Koolaid Time
08-14-2007, 05:10 PM
If you can stream this at work, this Atlanta sports/talk station is usually very good on Vick events.

http://www.680thefan.com/

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
%$#^& You mean &^#$^&*ing years??? Oh *(($#$ !

Right!! He would probably shout expletives that would make Pac-Man blush!

Double Barrel
08-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Where are the Vick apologists?

AWOL!! :pirate:

Specnatz
08-14-2007, 05:44 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/jail.gif

Vick next season.

Heath Shuler
08-14-2007, 05:52 PM

Vick next season.

maybe more

Vinny
08-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Here is another POS Falcon dog story...

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2007/08/14/dog_0815.html

By GEORGE CHIDI
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/14/07

Quarterback Michael Vick isn't the only Atlanta Falcon with legal trouble involving dogs.

A felony animal-cruelty case against defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux is still winding through the legal process. Police charged Babineaux in February in connection with the death of "Kilo," a pit bull-mix owned by his girlfriend.

Investigators say Babineaux killed the dog.

Babineaux's girlfriend, Blair Anderson, said she and Babineaux argued on Feb. 18 and that Babineaux later suggested she return home to check on the dog. Anderson told police she found Kilo in "severe physical distress" and took it to the Animal Emergency Center of Gwinnett near Lawrenceville.

Hospital officials summoned police after pronouncing Kilo dead.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Here is another POS Falcon dog story...

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2007/08/14/dog_0815.html

Are you freakin' kidding me?!?!

swtbound07
08-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Where are the Vick apologists? Their silence is very telling. What happened to the bold predictions: no suspensions, Vick would QB the falcons this year, no jail time, the Feds have no case, it is just dogs no big deal, etc.

I hope Vick is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Working a little too much. Tuesday is my heavy day. No suspensions, no jail time, Etc. I stand by it. Just bought an autographed Vick Jersey from somebody on this board too.....

Khari
08-14-2007, 06:00 PM

Vick next season.

jail smilie :doot:

Heath Shuler
08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Working a little too much. Tuesday is my heavy day. No suspensions, no jail time, Etc. I stand by it. Just bought an autographed Vick Jersey from somebody on this board too.....

Care to place some sort of wager on either?

It does not look good for your man Vick. His codefendants are racing to the court house to get their deals.

swtbound07
08-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Care to place some sort of wager on either?

It does not look good for your man Vick. His codefendants are racing to the court house to get their deals.

I'll take a signature bet on no jailtime.

Texan_Bill
08-14-2007, 06:12 PM
He may not do any jail time per se, but if he cops to a plea, it really makes Roger Goddell's decision to kick him out - very, very easy.

So Ron Mexico, will you be playing for the Roughriders, the Stampeders or the Alouettes??

Heath Shuler
08-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Sounds good to me. Let me know what your ideas are.

swtbound07
08-14-2007, 06:14 PM
you win, i'll put whatever you want where it says "Hall of Fame" under my name. I win, I get that space.

Brando
08-14-2007, 06:18 PM
He may not do any jail time per se, but if he cops to a plea, it really makes Roger Goddell's decision to kick him out - very, very easy.

So Ron Mexico, will you be playing for the Roughriders, the Stampeders or the Alouettes??

The Mean Dog Killing Machine

Koolaid Time
08-14-2007, 06:30 PM

NO JAILTIME????

SWT... the Feds don't play that way. He will do at least 2 years under Guidelines on this one Count, followed by Probation..

Heath Shuler
08-14-2007, 06:36 PM
you win, i'll put whatever you want where it says "Hall of Fame" under my name. I win, I get that space.

What is the text limit on that line? Let me know what you are thinking, it has to be reasonable. If I lose (and Vick has a lot of money to do jail time) I don’t want it to say
Heath Shuler:
pedophile or something like that.

If Vick does one day of jail time, I’m thinking:
SWT:
I :heart: dog killing VICK

Porky
08-14-2007, 06:55 PM

De Nile ain't just a river in Egypt. :devilpig:

CloakNNNdagger
08-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Vick's attornies are recommending that if Vick can swing a deal with the Fed for less than 1 year in the pokie, he whould take it. Vick hasn't even decided that he would go for a deall like that if it were proposed. Meanwhile, the clock's ticking and Friday closes the book on any deals, with a set of 2 new indictments to be filed...........Bubba awaits.

Koolaid Time
08-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Vick's attornies are recommending that if Vick can swing a deal with the Fed for less than 1 year in the pokie, he whould take it. Vick hasn't even decided that he would go for a deall like that if it were proposed. Meanwhile, the clock's ticking and Friday closes the book on any deals, with a set of 2 new indictments to be filed...........Bubba awaits.

One year won't work. If they give Vick < 1 year that means "Q" "T" and "P-Funk" get Probation, or get their cases dismissed.

If 3 guys walk, there will be lots of people screaming.

And this doesn't take care of any State charges...

JohnsonFan
08-14-2007, 09:37 PM
they said on espn today that 2 years was the least as of now

MightyTExan
08-14-2007, 10:24 PM
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1691/tecmovickif9.gif

Silver Oak
08-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't care to read all 6 pages of this thread, but swt, what are your reasons for defending Vick?

CloakNNNdagger
08-14-2007, 10:53 PM
One year won't work. If they give Vick < 1 year that means "Q" "T" and "P-Funk" get Probation, or get their cases dismissed.

If 3 guys walk, there will be lots of people screaming.

And this doesn't take care of any State charges...

Vick won't accept less than 1 year...............not because he ultimately won't want to, but because it won't be offered..:bat:

edo783
08-14-2007, 11:00 PM
If Vick doesn't make the deal by Friday, then the Feds will go RICO on him and that carries a 20 year hicky with it, not just a year or two. What Vick needs to be going for is what facility he goes to. A min. security federal facility can be fairly comfortable, but if he P.Os them he might wind up in a not so comfortable place and if he is RICOed it might be very unplesant for a very long time. Take the short term and good location if he is smart, but that may be a streatch.

JohnsonFan
08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
20 years! no way, oh man

Koolaid Time
08-14-2007, 11:55 PM
If Vick doesn't make the deal by Friday, then the Feds will go RICO on him and that carries a 20 year hicky with it, not just a year or two. What Vick needs to be going for is what facility he goes to. A min. security federal facility can be fairly comfortable, but if he P.Os them he might wind up in a not so comfortable place and if he is RICOed it might be very unplesant for a very long time. Take the short term and good location if he is smart, but that may be a streatch.

A Federal Judge is not bound to accept the plea deal, if he doesn't like it. Judge Hudson is supposed to be a hard judge. Hudson was impressed when "T" freely admitted a bunch of things irrelevant to the charge, such as his drug use.

The only way IMO for Vick to escape less than 2 years in the Federal Pen is freely admit some charges, show remorse, AND helps with the Feds in this multi-state Dog Fighting investigation.

But Vick is too stupid to do this.

Vick could get out in less than 2 years if he "fully cooperates" .. which means naming names of other people and telling how it all operates. Vick does say 15 months, and then the Feds move for an early release if he has played ball.

But once he gets out of Club Fed the NFL will still suspend him for at least a year..

Vick might say "WTF" and roll the dice, because he feels he has nothing to lose. 2 years is the same as 20 for "Ookie"....

You know Arthur Blank is happy-- because either way he is out of that insane $90 million contract with Vick.

TigerV1
08-15-2007, 08:37 AM
But once he gets out of Club Fed the NFL will still suspend him for at least a year..

See, I think Vick will receive a nice, shiny lifetime ban from the NFL if he is convicted or take the plea.

Mr teX
08-15-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm wondering why the feds are offering or negotiating anything with him if their case is supposed to be rock solid. If this judge is hard & they have a concrete case, i'm trying to nail him to the wall, i'm not giving him a chance to shave any time off.

Andre Ware said something pretty interesting this morning though. He said if you're innocent, you would try to exhaust all your resources trying to fight the charges. Appeals out the wazoo, the best lawyers you can buy etc. etc.

I don't wholeheartedly agree with him, but he makes a good point.

Texan_Bill
08-15-2007, 09:52 AM
The feds are offering a deal, because they would save milllions (if not in manhours alone) by not going to court. That has nothing to do with the strength of their case against Mexico...

Mr teX
08-15-2007, 10:05 AM
The feds are offering a deal, because they would save milllions (if not in manhours alone) by not going to court. That has nothing to do with the strength of their case against Mexico...

They were all gung-ho in the 1st place, they might as well see it all the way through, plus they've likely already spent millions on researching their case alone.

Texan_Bill
08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
They were all gung-ho in the 1st place, they might as well see it all the way through, plus they've likely already spent millions on researching their case alone.

DONT think for a second that they are getting soft. It's just in everyones best interest to at least offer Vick a deal. Just because they have already spent millions to get Vick into a place to accept a plea, doesn't mean they necessarily want to spend millions more to go through trial... But make no mistake, if Vick doesn't cop, they will not be afraid to go after him in court -full throttle....

Mr teX
08-15-2007, 10:29 AM
DONT think for a second that they are getting soft. It's just in everyones best interest to at least offer Vick a deal. Just because they have already spent millions to get Vick into a place to accept a plea, doesn't mean they necessarily want to spend millions more to go through trial... But make no mistake, if Vick doesn't cop, they will not be afraid to go after him in court -full throttle....

Have no doubt about the bolded.......

It's in his best interest to cop anyway, whether he's guilty or innocent.

Double Barrel
08-15-2007, 11:10 AM

They also want him to roll over on any other dog fighting operations, too. Vick is probably only part of a larger national syndicate.

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Plea deal or no plea deal, Vick's gonna meet Bubba and likely will be banned from the NFL for a "lifetime." The reason I say this is that, with a plea, there has to be testimony as to the 1st hand involvement of another party........this cannot be based on hearsy........it must be given with one who has 1st hand involvement with the situation. That will be necessary for Vick to be valuable to the feds in the pursuit of others..........That, my friend, will require admission of involvement with gambling..........and carries an NFL lifetime ban.

Talyor and others have already stated that they can eye-witness testify on money exchanged (gambling) on the part of Vick in relationship to dog fight outcomes................involvement in gambling.........and carries an NFL lifetime ban.:bat:

TigerV1
08-15-2007, 11:35 AM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/14/vick_0815.html

I get the impression from this article that it isn't the federal government wanting to plea, its Vick's defense. The federal government wants something from Vick, maybe because he is part of something bigger, who knows, but what I gather is that its not the feds going soft, its Vick or his defense team recognizing that the walls are closing in.

If the feds don't get what they want from the plea deal, there likely won't be one. Vick just better be willing to take what he can get and not work himself out of getting a plea deal.

Koolaid Time
08-15-2007, 11:50 AM
A lawyer friend of mine in Atlanta told me today that the Feds are convinced that Vick and his buddies have important knowledge of

Dog Fighting Rings
Money Laundering Rings
Gambling/Bookmaking Rings
Marijuana Distribution Rings

In the South, South East and East Coast.

This information is worth a deal to Vick et al.

The other aspect to Vick is the civil forfeiture that will go along with a plea.

Vick probably co-mingled his dirty money with Falcon's paycheck. Its up to him to segregate it, otherwise it is all gone, houses, cars, property and all.

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0724/pg2_g_vick_480.jpg

Butter's ready?.................I'll be there shortly, Bubba..........

Double Barrel
08-15-2007, 12:12 PM
wow...and in a certain sub-culture, ratting out other people is an extremely dangerous line to cross. Vick is between a rock and a hard place, and he can't run his way out of this one.

hobie
08-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Too bad Cochran wasn't alive..."Your honor, if the money is legit, you must acquit"

TigerV1
08-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Too bad Cochran wasn't alive..."Your honor, if the money is legit, you must acquit"

Well that, and the Chewbacca defense. Hey, it works everytime.

Khari
08-15-2007, 01:08 PM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13898519/detail.html

ATLANTA -- A source close to the Michael Vick investigation said Wednesday the Falcons quarterback is close to agreeing to plead quilty to dogfighting charges.

If Vick signs off on the deal he is expected to enter the plea in federal court in Richmond, Va. on Friday along with two other co-defendants.

There's no word on whether the agreement includes prison time for Vick.

WSB-TV Channel 2's Scott MacFarlane reports Vick's attorneys have been trying to hammer out an arrangement that will allow him to continue to play in the National Football League.

NFL officials have been mum on whether they would allow Vick to play if he is convicted on felony charges.

:bat:

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2007, 01:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATLANTA -- A source close to the Michael Vick investigation said Wednesday the Falcons quarterback is close to agreeing to plead quilty to dogfighting charges.

If Vick signs off on the deal he is expected to enter the plea in federal court in Richmond, Va. on Friday along with two other co-defendants.

There's no word on whether the agreement includes prison time for Vick.

WSB-TV Channel 2's Scott MacFarlane reports Vick's attorneys have been trying to hammer out an arrangement that will allow him to continue to play in the National Football League.

NFL officials have been mum on whether they would allow Vick to play if he is convicted on felony charges.

I question the accuracy of the report....one plea on Thrusday, another on Friday............and no prison term????The feds would never hear the end of it.......never happen (especially since the judge can over-rule any plea bargain)

tulexan
08-15-2007, 01:17 PM

:bat:

The only way he is going to continue playing in the NFL is as a created player in Madden.

swtbound07
08-15-2007, 01:24 PM
i am going to laugh hysterically at all of you lemmings that rushed to the conclusion of lifetime bans and extreme prison sentences......i've said all along, no jailtime, and probably no nfl suspension..

gtexan02
08-15-2007, 01:29 PM
The commish will go down as the biggest paper tiger in the history of the NFL if he doesnt suspend Vick for at least a year.

Suspend Pacman without him ever having a trial?

Then Vick gets convicted of a felony and has no suspension? Now THAT would be insane

gtexan02
08-15-2007, 01:30 PM
i am going to laugh hysterically at all of you lemmings that rushed to the conclusion of lifetime bans and extreme prison sentences......i've said all along, no jailtime, and probably no nfl suspension..

Meanwhile we are still laughing hysterically at your post promising a 100% chance that Carr would still be the QB here.

At this point, its all news agency conjecture. Virginia is not a friendly law state, I doubt he gets off scott free

swtbound07
08-15-2007, 01:32 PM
it ends a little something like this

vick pleads guilty, turns informant on interstate rings of crime. Vick pays VERY large fine. probably gives up that virginia property too.

Goodell praises vick for his accountability and new leaf turned by giving up his friends. Vick plays

Swtbound07 says he told you so, and watches everybody try and forget the crazy things they said.

The Dude Abides
08-15-2007, 01:37 PM

vick pleads guilty, turns informant on interstate rings of crime. Vick pays VERY large fine. probably gives up that virginia property too.

Goodell praises vick for his accountability and new leaf turned by giving up his friends. Vick plays

Swtbound07 says he told you so, and watches everybody try and forget the crazy things they said.

Vick is going to be suspended for the year.

Porky
08-15-2007, 01:38 PM

lol: lol:

:nicedog:

Double Barrel
08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
i've said all along, no jailtime, and probably no nfl suspension..

You've said he was innocent. I think someone is changing their tune now.

Texan_Bill
08-15-2007, 01:49 PM

Holy jumped-up bald-headed Jesus palamino....... I just freakin spit out my lunch laughing at that.... Thats awesome!!!

swtbound07
08-15-2007, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Double Barrel;709801]You've said he was innocent. I think someone is changing their tune now

i still think he is innocent. I think he will PLEAD guilty, but i don't actually think he did any of it. Clear?

Double Barrel
08-15-2007, 01:55 PM
i still think he is innocent. I think he will PLEAD guilty, but i don't actually think he did any of it. Clear?

If he was innocent, then he'd fight it. The feds have too much of a case against him, and he's going to sing like a canary for reduced sentence. And there's your mighty Mike Vick for ya'.

You can believe whatever you want in your own head, but it does not make it truth. You can convince yourself that the world is flat, too.

But in the words of Abe Lincoln, "If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg."

Good luck with your delusion. Sorry your hero turned out to be a jerk.

Heath Shuler
08-15-2007, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=Double Barrel;709801]You've said he was innocent. I think someone is changing their tune now

Sure, innocent people with boatloads of money plead guilty to crimes they did not commit ALL of the time.

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Philip K. Dick

tulexan
08-15-2007, 02:08 PM

If Vick becomes an informant on larger crime rings, he will probably have to go into Witness Protection, which means no football for him.

tulexan
08-15-2007, 02:11 PM

Because all innocent people plead guilty to crimes they didn't commit right?

hobie
08-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Well if he is part of money laundering, and that a bad thng, well then I guess I am screwed to, as I ran a $20 thru my machine last weekend..

Specnatz
08-15-2007, 02:19 PM

The swt wakes up and realizes Vick lied to the Commissoner and is unemployed.

Koolaid Time
08-15-2007, 02:23 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

VICK PLEA LIKELY FOR FRIDAY.. WAITING ON NFL DECISION

Richmond, Va. — Facing the possibility of a new indictment, which includes racketeering charges, Falcons quarterback Michael Vick will most likely join his three co-defendants and agree this week to a plea deal with prosecutors in his federal dogfighting case, according to two people with knowledge of the case.

Vick has not made a final decision, according to the two people with the knowledge of the case, because he wants to hear from the NFL what a guilty plea would do to his football career.

Federal prosecutors announced at Vick's arraignment last month they will be seeking a superseding indictment before the end of this month. And that indictment includes at least one additional charge under the federal "RICO" statute, both people said. RICO, which stands for Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization, targets organized crime and racketeering as well as enterprises affecting interstate commerce.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/15/vick_0816.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Double Barrel
08-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Well he just needs to tell the commissioner that he's innocent and the guilty plea was just for fun. Innocent people do this all the time. :ok:

Heath Shuler
08-15-2007, 02:28 PM

You think he is innocent, but pleads guilty.
You think he is innocent, but turns informant. If he is innocent, what information does he have to give?
How do you make these things work in your own mind?

Texan_Bill
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Do you remember what happened on Saturday, April 28, 2007?

Roger Goodell does.

Boy, does he.

That’s when the NFL commissioner asked Michael Vick if he was involved in illegal dogfighting. That’s when the Falcons quarterback looked Goodell in the eyes and said he wasn’t involved in illegal dogfighting and that none of it occurred on his Virginia property

Maybe you’ve heard. Vick and his lawyers are discussing whether to accept a plea deal from the feds by Friday. If Vick does so, he would be telling the world that he was involved in illegal dogfighting and that it did occur on his Virginia property.

Translated: Goodell would not be pleased, especially since the no-nonsense commissioner doesn’t strike me as somebody with amnesia.

Article:
Plea won't Please NFL commish (http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/08/15/plea_wont_please_commish.html?cxntlid=inform)

hobie
08-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Well he just needs to tell the commissioner that he's innocent and the guilty plea was just for fun. Innocent people do this all the time. :ok:

My guess is he is talking with OJ and he's trying to figure out what's the best line of defense.. I mean they came hard after the Juice and he walked out. Maybe if Mike got in a Bronco and have Schaub drive him around Atlanta, the fans can line the streets and cheer him on, that way he gets support and eventually will walk...

Porky
08-15-2007, 02:32 PM
BREAKING NEWS:

VICK PLEA LIKELY FOR FRIDAY.. WAITING ON NFL DECISION

Richmond, Va. — Facing the possibility of a new indictment, which includes racketeering charges, Falcons quarterback Michael Vick will most likely join his three co-defendants and agree this week to a plea deal with prosecutors in his federal dogfighting case, according to two people with knowledge of the case.

Vick has not made a final decision, according to the two people with the knowledge of the case, because he wants to hear from the NFL what a guilty plea would do to his football career.

Federal prosecutors announced at Vick's arraignment last month they will be seeking a superseding indictment before the end of this month. And that indictment includes at least one additional charge under the federal "RICO" statute, both people said. RICO, which stands for Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization, targets organized crime and racketeering as well as enterprises affecting interstate commerce.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/15/vick_0816.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

That should be an interesting conversation! Yo, if I plead guilty, can I come play football after I do time in the joint? This guy is almost (but not quite) as delisuional as SWT.

Texan_Bill
08-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I almost (almost being operative) want Vick to play again. The court of public opinion can be way worse then spending time in Club Fed. Can you imagine the circus that would be Mike Vick coming to town.... How about facing the Dog Pound in Cleveland.... :bat:

Errant Hothy
08-15-2007, 03:39 PM
More troubles for Ookie:

Falcons | Vick hit with lawsuit alleging Al Qaeda ties
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:40:29 -0700

Fox News reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges Vick stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran." Jonathan Lee Riches alleges that Vick stole two white mixed pit bull dogs from his home in Holiday, Fla., and used them for dog fighting operations in Richmond, Va. Vick allegedly sold the dogs on eBay and "used the proceeds to purchase missiles from the Iran government." The complaint also alleges that Vick would need those missiles because he pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda in February of this year.

per kffl.com

Now that's a good laugh.

tulexan
08-15-2007, 03:53 PM
More troubles for Ookie:

per kffl.com

Now that's a good laugh.

Well if the dog fighting won't get him a lifetime ban, I'm pretty sure the Al Qaeda allegiance will.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/riches_jonathan_file.pdf

By the way, here is the document

hollywood_texan
08-15-2007, 04:16 PM

The only way Vick plays again in the NFL is to plead guilty. Then come completely clean with the public and is extremely contrite. Then hear comes the big one, Vick becomes a permanent spokesman for PETA and the Humane Society on this topic. Probably meaning public service announcements on TV during his games.

No matter what happens, Vick isn't playing this year. I just don't see how the NFL can handle the heat on that one.

Next year? Maybe, see above and Vick isn't jail or has a hit on him for turning state's evidence.

JohnsonFan
08-15-2007, 04:21 PM
i hope he never play in the nfl again

HoustonFrog
08-15-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm just wondering why the Feds come down so hard on white guys. I mean first Enron and now this NBA ref. The ref may get 25 years for gambling charges and all. Afterall, it isn't like he abused dogs or killed someone. Why is Vick getting off light?

Signed with Dripping Sarcasm to Prove a Point :sarcasm:
HoustonFrog

Vinny
08-15-2007, 04:34 PM
i still think he is innocent. I think he will PLEAD guilty, but i don't actually think he did any of it. Clear?I'm trying to think of if I've ever seen a dumber comment...ever. I used to think of you as a young naive guy...now that mental image is not so rosy.

TigerV1
08-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Well if the dog fighting won't get him a lifetime ban, I'm pretty sure the Al Qaeda allegiance will.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/riches_jonathan_file.pdf

By the way, here is the document

I bet if they keep digging at his home they will find the WMDs. I kid, I kid.

JohnsonFan
08-15-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm just wondering why the Feds come down so hard on white guys. I mean first Enron and now this NBA ref. The ref may get 25 years for gambling charges and all. Afterall, it isn't like he abused dogs or killed someone. Why is Vick getting off light?

Signed with Dripping Sarcasm to Prove a Point :sarcasm:
HoustonFrog
RACE DOESNT MATTER IN LAW

Vinny
08-15-2007, 04:38 PM

um, Frog is a lawyer....and yeah, it was sarcasm....just like he stated

HoustonFrog
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
um, Frog is a lawyer....and yeah, it was sarcasm....just like he stated

I hope everyone sees that Vinny. There was full tongue implanted in cheek with the comments.

Specnatz
08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm trying to think of if I've ever seen a dumber comment...ever. I used to think of you as a young naive guy...now that mental image is not so rosy.

I made a comment I thought better of and edited it, it had to do with a crack pipe and or more pot than snoop dogg has smoked in his life.

:gun:

hobie

No?? Hmm, so OJ, Kobe, Ray Lewis all walk and Martha Stewart, Ken Lay, and Bernard Ebbers go to jail....oh believe me, RACE MATTERS !!:sarcasm:

HOU-TEX

Eh..not that it matters, but how old are you?

Just askin

Texan_Bill
08-15-2007, 04:49 PM

Signed with Dripping Sarcasm to Prove a Point ---> :sarcasm: <---

^^^^^^^^^^What more does one need to see - that it was said with sarcasm??

Double Barrel
08-15-2007, 04:54 PM
^^^^^^^^^^What more does one need to see - that it was said with sarcasm??

He could change his online name to "Mr. Sarcastic". Maybe that'll help? idonno:

Texan_Bill
08-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Right.... But then again it may not (for some)!!!

HOU-TEX
08-15-2007, 05:01 PM

Nah, he should've sent a PM to every member before hand forewarning everybody a sarcastic post was going to be made.:whip:

swtbound07
08-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Nah, he should've sent a PM to every member before hand forewarning everybody a sarcastic post was going to be made.:whip:

i've done that before.

HOU-TEX
08-15-2007, 05:18 PM
i've done that before.

Hmm..why does that not surprise me? :hmmm:

tulexan
08-15-2007, 05:41 PM
No?? Hmm, so OJ, Kobe, Ray Lewis all walk and Martha Stewart, Ken Lay, and Bernard Ebbers go to jail....oh believe me, RACE MATTERS !!:sarcasm:

Ken Lay died. Jeff Skilling went to jail (for 25 years)

Koolaid Time
08-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Ken Lay died. Jeff Skilling went to jail (for 25 years)

Dennis Kozlowski (Tyco) was sentenced to a range of 8 1/3 years to 25 years plus a massive civil forfeiture for stealing $150 Million.

The Rigas bunch got 15 and 20 years for Adelphia.

HOU-TEX
08-15-2007, 05:56 PM
"Grizzly Adams did have a beard.":specnatz:

Koolaid Time
08-15-2007, 06:02 PM

Sending Vick to Gitmo is a great idea!

Heath Shuler
08-15-2007, 06:03 PM

i've done that before.

OK, I think I figured it out. Was all this supposed to be sarcastic and you just forgot to PM everyone telling them so?
If not please enlighten me on: why innocent people plead guilt; how innocent people become informants.

Koolaid Time
08-15-2007, 06:07 PM
The only way Vick plays again in the NFL is to plead guilty. Then come completely clean with the public and is extremely contrite. Then hear comes the big one, Vick becomes a permanent spokesman for PETA and the Humane Society on this topic. Probably meaning public service announcements on TV during his games.

Stranger things have happened, but if this occurs I can only say:

Clear the Flight Deck... because there are swine on the catapults....

:pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly:

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Vick's career may be over as an NFL QB, but he's still gotta make a buck somehow.........looks like he may be looking to try to break into marketing:

PROMISING BEGINNING (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-448268937867708122&q=michael+vick+video&total=1160&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3)

brakos82
08-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Vick needs to take some Nyquil. It's made by Vicks. :whip:

JohnsonFan
08-15-2007, 08:42 PM
vick needs to be thrown into a cage of fighting pitbulls

brakos82
08-15-2007, 08:45 PM
vick needs to be thrown into a cage of fighting pitbulls

or in a cage on the Seawall... then the birds can eat him before the hurricane comes...

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
This is a 3 week old article covering a quite accurate summary "history" of the Vick brothers. (It appears that VY isn't the only QB leader that can't make their plane flights.) There seems to be a semblance of sibling competition in "I can screw up better than you can" category:
The Stupid Brothers (http://www.carynews.com/sports/story/6777.html)

Wolf
08-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I am so glad Vick didn't stay his senior year...He'd came out then with Carr and Harrington in a that draft, Texans would have picked him and looking at that now
of course the Texans DO look at Character guys, to play the what if game.. Peppers might have been our pick due to Vicks Character or a trade down

anyway enought of my mindless wander

What a mess and I am glad the Texans are enjoyed a quiet offseason from the HPD.. unless HPD would have tasered Vick (instead of Weary)

tulexan
08-15-2007, 09:21 PM
This is a 3 week old article covering a quite accurate summary "history" of the Vick brothers. (It appears that VY isn't the only QB leader that can't make their plane flights.) There seems to be a semblance of sibling competition in "I can screw up better than you can" category:

What is Marcus going to do to top this? Mass murder?

I am so glad Vick didn't stay his senior year...He'd came out then with Carr and Harrington in a that draft, Texans would have picked him and looking at that now
of course the Texans DO look at Character guys, to play the what if game.. Peppers might have been our pick due to Vicks Character or a trade down

anyway enought of my mindless wander

What a mess and I am glad the Texans are enjoyed a quiet offseason from the HPD.. unless HPD would have tasered Vick (instead of Weary)

I think we would have taken Vick. Casserly loved Vick and wished he waited a year.

Koolaid Time
08-15-2007, 09:46 PM

He might have joined Al-Qaeda along with his brother.....

The Dude Abides
08-15-2007, 10:17 PM
http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=130378&ran=147795&tref=po

Vick offered plea deal recommending at least a year in prison

Federal prosecutors have offered Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick a plea deal that would recommend he serve at least one year in prison on a felony dogfighting conspiracy charge, according to two sources with knowledge of the discussions. Vick has until 9 a.m. Friday to accept the offer or potentially face additional charges when a grand jury convenes next week in U.S. District Court in Richmond, one of the sources said. At least two of Vick’s attorneys have been discussing a plea bargain with prosecutors since early this week, the source saidI'm pretty sure if he gets a least a year in prison, especially for a gambling offense, he's gone for good. And even if he doesn't get a lifetime ban, who is going to take a chance on a mediocre quarterback with his baggage.

The1ApplePie
08-15-2007, 10:38 PM
If I was Vick, I would take my millions and buy my own country somewhere.

Though, if he does run, I will enjoy the irony if Dwayne "The Dog" Chapman brings him to justice.

Either that, or as some form of punishment, Goodell makes Pac-Man, Ricky, Vick, Henry, and Tank form some kind of A-Team to travel the US fighting crime.

JohnsonFan
08-15-2007, 10:43 PM

oh no VY the next MV????!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The Dude Abides
08-15-2007, 10:47 PM
If I was Vick, I would take my millions and buy my own country somewhere.

Though, if he does run, I will enjoy the irony if Dwayne "The Dog" Chapman brings him to justice.

Either that, or as some form of punishment, Goodell makes Pac-Man, Ricky, Vick, Henry, and Tank form some kind of A-Team to travel the US fighting crime.

I'm afraid if that show got made it wouldn't have made it past its pilot episode.

The1ApplePie
08-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm afraid if that show got made it wouldn't have made it past its pilot episode.

Maybe a Charlie's Angels kind of thing, except with Bill Romonowski as Bossley.:fans:

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2007, 10:51 PM

I think we would have taken Vick. Casserly loved Vick and wished he waited a year.

The irony lies in the fact that Vick SPECIFICALLY did not come out because he wanted no part of an expansion team...........he wanted no part of the Texans...........Bless you, my son. :whew

Koolaid Time
08-16-2007, 07:39 AM
The irony lies in the fact that Vick SPECIFICALLY did not come out because he wanted no part of an expansion team...........he wanted no part of the Texans...........Bless you, my son. :whew

680 AM in Atlanta reports this morning that the Plea Deal for Vick is 1 year (with no chance for reduction in sentence) in Federal Prison. He also has to "cooperate" and a civil forfeiture. Vick is just waiting to hear back from the NFL as to what this will do to his football career.

Since I am concerned for Vick's well-being, I think the United States Bureau of Prisons should take all available means to ensure his safety while incarcerated.

Therefore, to ensure Vick's safety, he must be sent to the United States Penitentiary Administrative Maximum Facility in Florence, Colorado, a/k/a "SuperMax." There he will be safe, because he is confined to his cell 23 hours each day in solitary confinement.

Vick will be in good company at the Supermax, joining other inmates such as Eric Rudolph, the Olympic Park bomber, John Walker Lindh, Theodore Kaczynski, Terry Nichols, Zacarias Moussaoui, Robert Hanssen (FBI Agent turned spy for the Soviets), and Ramzi Yousef, (1993 World Trade Center Bomber).

swtbound07
08-16-2007, 08:32 AM
A note about federal plea bargains.

Having just had an uncle plead guilty to a federal crime, I've actually seen the courts in action on this particular subject. The federal prosecutors CANNOT enforce sentencing recommendations, just strongly oppose any deviation. By the sentencing guidelines, my uncle was looking at a Max 5 years, min 2, but the judge deviated from those parameters, and he got one year, 1 day. The prosecutors were pissed, but were handcuffed. If the judge decides to say...defer the jailtime, or reduce it to fine only, it doesn't matter what the prosecution wants. The judge is able to accept the guilty plea and then sentence him. Its not common, but it happens. If he decides to plead guilty it really depends on what judge he gets.

Koolaid Time
08-16-2007, 08:59 AM

Having just had an uncle plead guilty to a federal crime, I've actually seen the courts in action on this particular subject. The federal prosecutors CANNOT enforce sentencing recommendations, just strongly oppose any deviation. By the sentencing guidelines, my uncle was looking at a Max 5 years, min 2, but the judge deviated from those parameters, and he got one year, 1 day. The prosecutors were pissed, but were handcuffed. If the judge decides to say...defer the jailtime, or reduce it to fine only, it doesn't matter what the prosecution wants. The judge is able to accept the guilty plea and then sentence him. Its not common, but it happens. If he decides to plead guilty it really depends on what judge he gets.

SWT SWT SWT my friend......

My Father told me this joke years ago...

A Supreme Court Justice died and went to Heaven. When he got there, he saw God wearing a black robe.

The Justice asks Saint Peter.. "Why is God weaing a black robe?"

Saint Peter tells him... "Oh don't worry about that.. sometimes God thinks he is a Federal Judge."

As for Vick's Judge, The Honorable Henry Hudson, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia, Richmond Division:

"Federal District Court Judge Henry E. Hudson, appointed by President Bush in 2002, has considerable experience as a prosecutor. Before he took to the federal bench, he served as the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia for about five years. He also served as the director of the U.S. Marshall Service from 1992 to 1993.

The judge assigned to preside over Michael Vick's sensational dog-fighting case is a tough jurist who has a history of exceeding federal sentencing guidelines to make a point, criminal defense attorneys here said today.

"He is highly regarded by lawyers in the Eastern District of Virginia and he enjoys a pretty strict reputation," said Carl Tobias, a University of Richmond law professor who specializes in Constitutional law and the federal courts. "From his prosecutorial background, he may see the case from the U.S. [attorney's side] more favorably than from somebody who comes from a criminal defense background."

Steven D. Benjamin is a veteran criminal defense attorney who has represented many clients before Hudson.

"He is not temperamental. He is even-handed. He affords everyone equal respect," Benjamin said. He added that Hudson "is willing to take into consideration the effect of the crime on a community" when he sentences defendants.

Benjamin referred to a corruption case in 2004 in which Hudson sentenced a Richmond City Hall employee to 10 years in prison, declaring the normal punishment was inadequate given the damage Robert Evans did to the city.

The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported the sentence was almost double the federal guidelines. Hudson also ordered Evans to pay back the $1.1 million he stole from city taxpayers.

"He brought absolute disgrace to the city of Richmond," Hudson said during the sentencing, according to the Times-Dispatch."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/07/18/0719vickjudge.html

infantrycak
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM

That is correct in that the judge decides the sentence, not the prosecutor, but it works both ways. Your uncle may have gotten a lighter sentence, but the judge can also decide the deal is too soft and raise the time over the prosecutor's recommendation.

Texan_Bill
08-16-2007, 10:38 AM
The judge assigned to preside over Michael Vick's sensational dog-fighting case is a tough jurist who has a history of exceeding federal sentencing guidelines to make a point, criminal defense attorneys here said today.

That doesn't bode well for Vick or his jock sniffers.....

CloakNNNdagger
08-16-2007, 11:09 AM
That doesn't bode well for Vick or his jock sniffers.....

Pleading is a public admission of the facts........and Vicks pleadings will not be accepted if it does not include involvement with gambling.............Bye bye NFL........Hello, Bubba.

swtbound07
08-16-2007, 12:48 PM
That is correct in that the judge decides the sentence, not the prosecutor, but it works both ways. Your uncle may have gotten a lighter sentence, but the judge can also decide the deal is too soft and raise the time over the prosecutor's recommendation.

agreed, it definitely works both ways. Somebody posted something earlier on the judge, but i don't know his history on this type of crime, or this type of defendant. Just was trying to correct the guy who said there was no chance of a sentence under a year because of the plea.

HoustonFrog
08-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I've listening to A. Siciliano on Rome right now. I do love listening to national radio where people aren't afraid to say things. He pretty much called out those who have been defending Vick blindly and asked them to call and tell him what they have when he pleads guilty. I don't take glee in another man's plight. But I do take glee on having the ignorant callers disappear.

hadaad
08-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Isn't it possible that the judge can reject a plea deal? What is the situation in that case? Does the guilty-plea get undone? Does the defendant still get to stand trial or is it basically "You've said you're guilty and now you're going to jail as long as I want you there"?

swtbound07
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Isn't it possible that the judge can reject a plea deal? What is the situation in that case? Does the guilty-plea get undone? Does the defendant still get to stand trial or is it basically "You've said you're guilty and now you're going to jail as long as I want you there"?

there technically is NO guilty plea until the judge accepts it. If the judge rejects it, the case goes to trial, if he accepts, then he sets a sentencing hearing.

hadaad
08-16-2007, 01:09 PM
So a guy can say, "I'm guilty, your honour," and the judge can theoretically say, "No you're not. You're going to trial."?

That seems a little messed-up.

swtbound07
08-16-2007, 01:14 PM
So a guy can say, "I'm guilty, your honour," and the judge can theoretically say, "No you're not. You're going to trial."?

That seems a little messed-up.

indeed. but its the system we have in place.

hadaad
08-16-2007, 01:18 PM
I suppose as long as a judge can't say: "You're not 'not guilty', you're guilty. I'm overturning your plea."

hadaad
08-16-2007, 06:48 PM
One angle I hadn't considered about the whole Mike Vick debacle is the David Carr versus Joey Harrington angle.

I enjoyed following Harrington last year in his up-and-down starts with Miami and I looked forward to seeing where he would land as the Dolphins obsessed over an old man who was outplayed by his backup last year.

However, as the offseason progressed, I didn't hear about Joey H's prospects and I didn't hear, and I wondered what was going on. At one point, I heard that the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL had picked up his negotiation rights. That doesn't mean much - they'd gotten Quincy Carter's and Eric Crouch's as well - just a right of first refusal in the agreement between the two leagues.

Regardless, I paid way more attention to Carr's landing spot and figured he'd have a chance to start way before Harrington did. When he landed in Atlanta, I figured it was a good way for him to play out his years, with low expectations, low pressure, and no chance of unseating Vick (more because of the Arthur Blank lovefest than any on-field accomplishments).

Now, however, Harrington's going in, getting another shot to prove himself. And who knows? If he learned anything in Miami, if the low expectations allow him to be comfortable in a new city where people are just glad he hasn't been murdering dogs, maybe this can be some kind of resurrection for him.

I hope so. I wanted to see him drafted by the Texans (albeit after only watching one game he was in) and I wanted him to succeed in the NFL. Maybe he will.

There's a lot more to say about Carr vs. Harrington but unfortunately, I'm out of time and so I'll stop typing now.

No, now.

Red_Zone
08-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Now, however, Harrington's going in, getting another shot to prove himself. And who knows? If he learned anything in Miami, if the low expectations allow him to be comfortable in a new city where people are just glad he hasn't been murdering dogs, maybe this can be some kind of resurrection for him.

I hope so. I wanted to see him drafted by the Texans (albeit after only watching one game he was in) and I wanted him to succeed in the NFL. Maybe he will.

I've heard several interviews on sports radio with Harrington and have been impressed with him as a person. He's had his share of adversity and claims to have learned a lot from his trials and is looking forward to leading the Falcons this season. He seems to know his strengths and weaknesses and says he thinks he fits perfectly in Petrino's offense.

I don't think we can gain too much knowledge of him by his performances with Detroit and Miami, especially Detroit a really bad team.

Harringtons numbers are close to Vicks, in fact better in some areas except of course rushing yds. of course. Yeah he has about as many interceptions as completions but that I think is attributable to the lousy teams he was with.

He seems like a nice guy and one who can lead this team. Despite Vicks talents he was not a leader and this team needs a strong leader. I don't expect the Falcons to win more that maybe seven or eight games this year but hopefully we'll be building toward a future something I never felt we had with Vick. Vick was all about Vick, Harrington is about the team. I too wish him well, time will tell.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Michael Vick's lawyers have advised him to accept a plea deal from federal prosecutors in his dogfighting case, according to a person with direct knowledge of the case.

Vick has until 9 a.m. Friday morning to accept the deal, the person said. The deal would most likely come with a recommendation from prosecutors that Vick, the Atlanta Falcons quarterback, be sentenced to one to two years in prison.

As Vick's lawyers negotiated with prosecutors over the past week, the person with direct knowledge of the case said that people who represented Vick tried to reach out to the NFL to find out how the league planned to punish Vick. But the NFL refused to discuss Vick's punishment."We are not in discussion with anyone about his possible suspension," Greg Aiello, a spokesman for the NFL, said in an e-mail message. "The commissioner cannot make a decision until he has the report from Eric Holder. So we do not have a timetable on making a decision."

When indictments are brought against several defendants, legal experts said that prosecutors were more likely to seek lighter sentences for the first defendants who decide to help their cases.

"The government certainly needed Taylor more than the others in this case because he helped them build leverage," Carl Tobias, a professor at the University of Richmond Law School, said Thursday in a telephone interview. "Cooperation is critical to the government's recommendation at sentencing. But if Vick pleads with the two others tomorrow, there isn't much difference between his cooperation and theirs."

Bubba awaits (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/328006_vick17.html)

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Remember, the judge involved has not followed the "average" severity of punishment.:

RICHMOND, Va. -- The court where Michael Vick is expected to plead guilty to dogfighting charges hands down some of the toughest sentences in the federal court system.

The judges in the Fourth Circuit are particularly hard on defendants in racketeering cases, which may be why Vick is trying to negotiate a plea deal on lesser charges.

Prosecutors said they plan to add racketeering charges to the Vick case if he doesn't accept a plea deal.

In 2006 judges in the federal court in Richmond sentenced defendants in racketeering cases to an average of 110 months in federal prison. That was higher than the national average of 95 months.

In the miscellaneous category, where the dogfighting charges fall, the average sentence in the Fourth Circuit was 12 months.

In a plea deal, the prosecutors usually make a recommendation on sentencing, but a judge is not obligated to honor that suggestion and can hand down whatever sentence they want.

Sources close to the Vick case say he also faces a hefty fine.
Background (http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/17/vick/)

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Just in (FOX NEWS).............the two defendants having hearings (completed now) today have gone on record that Vick "bankrolled" the whole enterprise.

Koolaid Time
08-17-2007, 10:41 AM
"As Vick's lawyers negotiated with prosecutors over the past week, the person with direct knowledge of the case said that people who represented Vick tried to reach out to the NFL to find out how the league planned to punish Vick. But the NFL refused to discuss Vick's punishment. "We are not in discussion with anyone about his possible suspension," Greg Aiello, a spokesman for the NFL, said in an e-mail message. "The commissioner cannot make a decision until he has the report from Eric Holder. So we do not have a timetable on making a decision."

Hey Ookie.....

http://www.profootballtalk.com/RevengeOfTheCommish.jpg

TigerV1
08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Just in (FOX NEWS).............the two defendants having hearings (completed now) today have gone on record that Vick "bankrolled" the whole enterprise.

So what does this do to Mike's chances of getting a smaller sentence? If this is the case, I would think the judge would want to go after Vick without a plea deal.

Also, if this is also the case and Vick did indeed bankroll the whole enterprise, I can't imagine him ever playing another NFL game.

Koolaid Time
08-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh SWT.......

"Richmond, Va. — Falcons quarterback Michael Vick posed for a photo with three co-defendants and a female pit bull they were about to sponsor in a dogfight in North Carolina four years ago, newly released court records show.

In pleading guilty this morning, Purnell Peace, 35, of Virginia Beach, signed a 12-page summary of facts, citing the photo.

That document says Peace joined Vick and two other co-defendants —who referred to themselves as "Bad News Kennels" — in traveling from Virginia to North Carolina with a female pit bull named "Jane" to participate in a dogfight against another pit bull owned by an organization called "Lockjaw Kennels."

"Prior to this fight," the statement says, "all four 'Bad News Kennels' members took a picture with 'Jane.' "

It is unclear whether federal prosecutors have a copy of that photo."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/17/vickpleas_0817.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

I'm sure "T" "P-Funk" and "Q" have a copy of the photo if the Feds don't already have it.

infantrycak
08-17-2007, 10:53 AM
According to ProFootballTalk.com, the statements by the co-defendants this morning have Vick participating in the killing of 8 dogs in April this year.

HoustonFrog
08-17-2007, 11:07 AM
According to ProFootballTalk.com, the statements by the co-defendants this morning have Vick participating in the killing of 8 dogs in April this year.

Ruh-Roh

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/17/vick/index.html

RICHMOND, Virginia (CNN) -- Two co-defendants of Michael Vick say the NFL star helped execute dogs that didn't fight well, according to federal court documents.

The court papers, filed as Quanis Phillips and Purnell Peace pleaded guilty to dogfighting charges Friday, said all three men "executed approximately 8 dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions" in April of this year.

Vick's co-defendants also stipulated that the money behind the Bad Newz Kennels dogfighting operation came "almost exclusively" from the Atlanta Falcons star.

Federal prosecutors had given Vick until 9 a.m. ET Friday to accept a plea deal that would require him to spend at least one year in prison on federal dogfighting conspiracy charges, reports say, but there was no immediate word on what he decided.

Vick's acceptance of the recommendation, described by The Virginian-Pilot newspaper in Norfolk, Virginia, must receive court approval.

If the 27-year-old Vick rejects the deal, he will face an additional charge under the federal Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, known as RICO, a source with knowledge of the investigation told the newspaper.

HOU-TEX
08-17-2007, 11:23 AM
A part of me kind of wants him to reject the deal just so he could be delt a larger punishment when proven guilty.:bat:

Am I the only one with these thoughts?

BigTimeTexanFan
08-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Now that it's after 9:00 a.m. on the East coast and there is no news as of yet, are we to assume that he rejected the deal? Or would we not hear anything about it until later?

texasguy346
08-17-2007, 11:32 AM
He may have only had to let the prosecutors know he'd be accepting the plea deal before 9. He might not actually have to show up in court until sometime next week.

Second Honeymoon
08-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Vick is hosed. He won't be back in the league till 09 at best and only if a GM really wants a QB and only if Vick really rehabs his image.

when all this came out, he lied to the commish, the NFL fans, and his team. I say give him 1 year in jail if he displays good behavior and a 2 year suspension that would start this year.

Vick will probably just forget his NFL dreams and use his notoriety and infamy to his advantage. He could do 'professional' wrestling or maybe produce and act in a series of 'gangsta' pornos. 'Ron Mexico does Mexico' or something like that.

Heath Shuler
08-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Vick is hosed. He won't be back in the league till 09 at best and only if a GM really wants a QB and only if Vick really rehabs his image.

when all this came out, he lied to the commish, the NFL fans, and his team. I say give him 1 year in jail if he displays good behavior and a 2 year suspension that would start this year.

Vick will probably just forget his NFL dreams and use his notoriety and infamy to his advantage. He could do 'professional' wrestling or maybe produce and act in a series of 'gangsta' pornos. 'Ron Mexico does Mexico' or something like that.

Some NFL team might take a chance on him (see Lawrence Phillips), but I see Canadian football in Ookie’s future after his jail time.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 01:33 PM
So what does this do to Mike's chances of getting a smaller sentence? If this is the case, I would think the judge would want to go after Vick without a plea deal.

Also, if this is also the case and Vick did indeed bankroll the whole enterprise, I can't imagine him ever playing another NFL game.

Maybe a lesser sentence than without a plea bargain, BUT usually the last man in gets the least consideration.

If he is found to have bankrolled the enterprise, why would you have an enterprise like this except for gambling purposes..............therefore GOODBYE NFL, HELLO BUBBA.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 01:39 PM

If a ban is not lifetime, it would shock the heck out of me if the ban, whatever it is, would not begin from the time he gets out of jail. A ban during his incarceration would serve no purpose.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Dang, the inmate's suit has been thrown out of court............I was waiting to see how Vick was going to pull 662 trillion dollars out of his *ss.

But wait, after an additional 13 federal court lawsuits he also filed have been thrown out, there is still one surviving in Virginia for 62 billion dollars, to be presented in gold and silver. I bet Vick is relieved that he's potentially looking at a more reasonable payout. He's probably having his whole defense team tied up on this lawsuit since he knows that loosing that lawsuit would be devastating..........and that's why he can't make up his mind..........Should I go to court and get screwed........or should I plead and get screwed. Let me see..........Bubba's on the other line?.........tell him to hold.:shots:
Vick
(http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/17/vicklawsuit_0817.html)

tulexan
08-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Among those sued by Riches: George Bush, Malcolm X, Vanna White, Jimmy Hoffa, Google.com, Pope Benedict XVI, Adolph Hitler's National Socialist Party, the Ming Dynasty, the Statue of Liberty, Michaelangelo, the Hubble Telescope, the Magna Carta, Plato, the Tenth Edition of the Merriam Webster Dictionary, Tsunami victims, the Appalachian Trial, Meals on Wheels, Tony Danza and Lambeau Field, home of the NFL's Green Bay Packers.

Can we please see what he is suing some of these people for.

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 02:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vickco-defendants&prov=ap&type=lgns

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Two of Michael Vick's alleged cohorts in a grisly dogfighting case pleaded guilty Friday, and one said the Atlanta Falcons quarterback joined them in drowning and hanging dogs that underperformed...

A statement signed by Phillips as part of his plea agreement said Vick participated in the execution of about eight dogs, some by drowning and hanging.

"Phillips agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts of Peace, Phillips and Vick," the statement said...(cont)

Texan_Bill
08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
I guess "All encompassing Vick thread" is not really all encompassing.... :specnatz:

J/K TA!!!

Texan Asylum
08-17-2007, 02:59 PM
I guess "All encompassing Vick thread" is not really all encompassing.... :specnatz:

J/K TA!!!

:hides:

HoustonFrog
08-17-2007, 03:02 PM
:hides:

And I got your quotes above..lol. Let's keep our heads up, its Friday...lol:shades:

real
08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Just for clarification purposes, Vick isn't going to be touched in jail. People aren't stupid.

Vick is a multi millionaire...

2BCF
08-17-2007, 04:01 PM
What team/city would ever want a dog-killing QB??

Just cause Fick(see fugly) has money does not mean his safety is guaranteed.

HoustonFrog
08-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Just for clarification purposes, Vick isn't going to be touched in jail. People aren't stupid.

I'll agree with this. He'll have his own group. I don't think people will mess with him.

Texan_Bill
08-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Don't be too sure... Sometimes inmates will consider high profile, rich people 'trophies'...

Wolf
08-17-2007, 04:57 PM
What team/city would ever want a dog-killing QB??

Just cause Fick(see fugly) has money does not mean his safety is guaranteed.
definitely not Cleveland http://www.mlv.com/2003/Cleveland/dawg-fan.jpg
Bengals? or any of Cleveland's rivals(J/K)

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 05:04 PM

No one, but no one's immune from BIG BUBBA (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9202283301957909761&q=bubba+prison&total=13&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1)

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Blank was interviewed by ESPN and said that he expects Vick to plead TONIGHT.

edo783
08-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Blank was interviewed by ESPN and said that he expects Vick to plead TONIGHT.

The Feds probably extended to midnight. If they don't get it done, look for them to file at 12:01. I have been involved in some federal actions and they just don't give a rip about who and what, just that they get the perp convicted and if they run a telephone pole up his backside in the process, so be it.

hollywood_texan
08-17-2007, 09:38 PM

Federal prison is different from state prison. It's probably safer.

But, since prison divides along racial lines, it all depends how Vick warm's up to black leadership and their willingness to protect him. If they do, it isn't going to be cheap for Vick. The arrangement could jeopardize his good conduct and he could end up with a longer sentence if screws up there too.

As to your comment that people aren't stupid. These guys are in jail and the rules are so different and survival is tenious no matter who you are.

Koolaid Time
08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Don't be too sure... Sometimes inmates will consider high profile, rich people 'trophies'...

VERY TRUE

That's why Vick, for his own protection, should go to the "SuperMax" Federal Prison in Colorado...

At SuperMax he will be in a solitary cell for 23 hours a day, under constant video protection, and there is no way anyone can kill him. Remember his plea deal WILL require him to RAT OUT some really BAD people. Those people will most likely have prison gang connections.

If Vick isn't segregated/isolated from the general prison population, I bet he is dead within 3 weeks...

Vick might get "whacked" 2 days after he gets out of the joint... but at least he won't get killed in prison.

Vinny
08-17-2007, 10:00 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Vick is one of the inmates you want to avoid in jail. Somehow I don't see him as a physical liability in the jailhouse.

Koolaid Time
08-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Falcons Owner calls Vick a Liar

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Falcons owner Arthur Blank accused Michael Vick of lying to him and the NFL after one of the NFL star's co-defendants said Friday that the quarterback took part in drowning and hanging dogs that didn't perform well.

"What's suggested in those statements of fact don't match up with what the league was told, even our organization and certainly not what was said to the commissioner," Blank told The Associated Press before Atlanta's preseason game against Buffalo.

Blank's response came after two co-defendants in the federal dogfighting conspiracy case pleaded guilty earlier Friday, with one saying Vick helped in killing dogs.

"It's sad that those allegations exist and now they are confirmed by others," Blank said. "It's sad that Michael has put himself into that kind of situation. It's his responsibility for putting himself into that situation."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-blank&prov=ap&type=lgns

Surprise, Surprise, Mike Vick is a .....

http://www.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/images/products/4/72484-large.jpg

StarStruck
08-17-2007, 10:53 PM
The whole idea of dog or rooster fights are quite repulsive to me and I don't have any particular sympathy for those who actually engage in the sport as a owner, marketer or spectator. Also, I don't know anything about prison life except for what I have read and understood to be a fairly accurate account, but for the life of me I just don't see the so called "Bubba" holding a vendetta for someone with a conviction of organizing fights for pit bulls.

The most disturbing thing I saw was last night on an episode of Snapped that gave the account of Fred(?) Lane, the former Carolina Panther whose wife killed him on alleged spousal abuse. It was later found that instead of abuse o that particular day, he was ambushed as he entered his home, shot in the chest, then as he was down either dying or dead was shot in the back of the head with a shotgun. Further investigation showed that she had spent all of the household finances, and had one of her teller friends to assist her in a back robbery which wasn't her first. After all of that with a plea bargain she ended up with an eight-year prison sentence and is due out in 2k9. If Vick ends up with more than that on a plea, then I will have to scratch my head on legal justice.

edo783
08-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Looks like the Feds didn't set any deadline. Rolls to Monday.

CloakNNNdagger
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Even with a plea agreement, Vick most likely would face the harshest sentence of the four because of his role as the financier of the enterprise, Douglas A. Berman, a professor of law at Ohio State University, said Friday.

“The sentencing guidelines the judge will consider as part of the sentencing provide for increasing the defendants’ sentence if he was an organizer and leader of the criminal activity,” Berman said.

“The defendants have laid out that Vick funded the enterprise, and that will hurt Vick because the guidelines expressly encourage enhancing the sentence of those who had leadership roles in the offense.”
Bubba awaits (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/18/sports/football/18vick.html?hp)

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2007, 08:32 AM
As Vick is still supposedly trying to hammer out a final plea agreement with the prosecution, Fox News has just announced a statement made this morning by Judge Hudson. To paraphrase him: He is essentially getting tired of Vick. He stated to Vick's attornies that due to the "egregious nature of Vick's action" he will be "up moving" (I think this was something like what the legal term he used was) his sentencing. This was explained as the judge deciding (independent of the plead) to "exceed" the federal guidelines of sentencing in this case.........Goodbye NFL......Hello Bubba.

CloakNNNdagger
08-18-2007, 08:39 PM
This is probably the reason Vick hasn't had time to focus on the plea deal.........it's all about priorities :gun:

As if he didn't have enough troubles, Vick was cited for not wearing a seat belt when a car he owned was pulled over Thursday by Virginia state troopers.

The officer stopped the car because the tint on the windows was too dark, state police Sgt. D.S. Carr said. The Vick-owned vehicle was being driven by someone else when pulled over in Isle of Wight County.

The driver was cited for the tint and Vick was slapped with a $25 fine for not wearing his seat belt. There are no court costs, and Vick doesn't have to go to court.

"He can prepay it if he wants to," Carr said.

Seat belt (http://www.denverpost.com/books/ci_6646299)

Red_Zone
08-18-2007, 10:12 PM

Rumor mill in Atlanta has it that Vick has spent most of his earnings and is down to about $4 mil. His lawyers will cost that much.

Koolaid Time
08-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Rumor mill in Atlanta has it that Vick has spent most of his earnings and is down to about $4 mil. His lawyers will cost that much.

RZ...I heard the same thing.. but with his Falcons salary and all of that endorsement money..in the muliti-millions.... where did it go......?

Do the math...

Unless it went "off-shore".....
:user:

Heath Shuler
08-18-2007, 11:09 PM

Icing on the cake.
Broke and jail; it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

TigerV1
08-18-2007, 11:17 PM
where did it go......?

Al Qaeda? :jk: