PDA

View Full Version : All Encompassing Vick Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

swtbound07
09-26-2007, 04:17 PM
SWT is this you?

SWT has one of those. He throws it out all the time.

you focus an unnatural amount of attention on me. While im flattered, your clearly not my type. What would specnatz do? Probably me, if given the opportunity......

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
you focus an unnatural amount of attention on me. While im flattered, your clearly not my type. What would specnatz do? Probably me, if given the opportunity......

Yes when you really have nothing to add go with the old gay joke, it worked when you were in 6th grade so it might work now.

Sorry but I do not like dog killer lovers.

Mr teX
09-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Well at this point, if i were in the situation he was in, i'd try to mask my pain with drugs & crap too. I'll pray for him, hope he gets it together @ some point..

Koolaid Time
09-26-2007, 06:21 PM
New problems for Vick Fanhouse article here (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/26/michael-vick-tests-positive-for-marijuana/)

"ESPN's Kelly Naqi is reporting that suspended Falcons quarterback Michael Vick tested positive for marijuana on Sept. 13, meaning he will face stricter release conditions as he awaits sentencing for the federal felony charges he pleaded guilty to."

One of Vick's co-conspirators tested positive for pot right before the plea and they revoked his bond...

Maybe Vick will go to jail a bit early.

CloakNNNdagger
09-26-2007, 06:55 PM
BUT IT WASN'T MY URINE!!!!!!!!!

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Picture%2018(19).png

disaacks3
09-26-2007, 06:56 PM
don't turn this into a discussion of just laws vs. unjust laws...because i would think 90 percent of all rational people would argue that marijuana laws are stupid, unnecessary, and excessive. Legal and right are 2 entirely different animals in america today

i could tell you of at least 5 people on this board that would go to jail right now if you searched them for pot. And i don't even know that many folks True, but how many of those folks....KNOWING that they were going to be tested as part of their bond agreement (getting to stay out of jail for awhile), would risk BLOWING that bond by continuing to smoke pot?

If the judge told me I couldn't eat green M&Ms as part of a Bond agreement, you can be DAM**D sure I wouldn't touch green M&Ms.

He's continuing to make BAD choices and somehow thinks he's not going to get caught. I hope reality smacks him upside the head a little harder and faster next time. He's lucky he didn't get his bond revoked.

Texan_Bill
09-26-2007, 07:04 PM
BUT IT WASN'T MY URINE!!!!!!!!!

http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Picture%2018(19).png

That's great!!!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-26-2007, 11:52 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1051/1083445913_db6e203680.jpg

Carr Bombed
09-27-2007, 12:03 AM
This just keeps getting better and better..........it's straight comedy over there

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1163/1214808545_a31adc3f6d.jpg

Carr Bombed
09-27-2007, 12:57 AM
I like this one...........

Have you ever been brought up on felony charges man?
Have you ever been brought up on felony charges.......ON WEED!?!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/hsmith1983/halfbaked4.jpg

:friends:

2BCF
09-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Yes when you really have nothing to add go with the old gay joke, it worked when you were in 6th grade so it might work now.

Sorry but I do not like dog killer lovers.

Ditto.

Texan_Bill
09-27-2007, 08:33 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1051/1083445913_db6e203680.jpg

Thats always been one of my favorites!!!

CloakNNNdagger
09-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I came across this quote...........What lessons learned????...........I wonder if the Feds should be looking through his computers for other "interesting communications???????"

The Boys & Girls Club helped make me the man I am today. Because of the lessons I learned there, I'm not only a better athlete, but also a better person.

MICHAEL VICK, Nov. 29, 2005

kastofsna
09-27-2007, 11:07 AM
hmm i actually attended a Boys & Girls club when i was a child. and i don't remember there being so much attention paid to abusing animals.

swtbound07
09-27-2007, 11:47 AM
hmm i actually attended a Boys & Girls club when i was a child. and i don't remember there being so much attention paid to abusing animals.

obviously you werent' trying hard enough.

cuppacoffee
09-27-2007, 12:09 PM
It must have been the first time he tried the wacky weed...:shades:

Surely if he used it frequently it would have been discovered during one of the "random drug tests" administered by the team... :sarcasm:

:coffee:

Texan_Bill
09-27-2007, 12:17 PM
It must have been the first time he tried the wacky weed...:shades:

Surely if he used it frequently it would have been discovered during one of the "random drug tests" administered by the team... :sarcasm:

http://www.wweek.com/photos/3128/news07.jpg

Red_Zone
09-28-2007, 11:05 AM
True, but how many of those folks....KNOWING that they were going to be tested as part of their bond agreement (getting to stay out of jail for awhile), would risk BLOWING that bond by continuing to smoke pot?

If the judge told me I couldn't eat green M&Ms as part of a Bond agreement, you can be DAM**D sure I wouldn't touch green M&Ms.

He's continuing to make BAD choices and somehow thinks he's not going to get caught. I hope reality smacks him upside the head a little harder and faster next time. He's lucky he didn't get his bond revoked.

Exactly and this is the whole crux of the matter with vick, his continued bad decision making process. One would think that with his upcoming sentencing he'd be out making speeches at schools about how bad dog fighting is and talking about the importance of hanging with the right crowd and keeping out of trouble. He should be doing a lot of public service announcements for the Humane society and working with them. Instead he's smoking pot and once again doing what feels good at the moment instead of taking any thought for consequences of his actions. The guy must have the IQ of a pencil eraser. How can anyone defend Michael Vick any further from here? Did he not just stand before tv cameras a couple weeks ago and tell us how he is going to grow up and start making quality decisions and doing the right things with his life? And here he is right back in the same old rut making bad decisions. The pot isn't the problem here, it's what is going on between MV's two ears and I can tell ya it aint much.

DiapHer
09-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Indiana bank sues Michael Vick over unpaid car loans

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) -- An Indiana bank sued suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick for not repaying loans involving a car rental business.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-carlawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

infantrycak
09-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Man Vick is getting dog-piled now.

Sorry--had to do it.

Red_Zone
09-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Man Vick is getting dog-piled now.

Sorry--had to do it.

And yet there's more;
NFL: FALCONS: Arbitration hearing set Oct. 4 on Vick repayment
Date: September 15, 2007 Publication: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The (GA) Page Number: D3 Word Count: 221

Flowery Branch -- The first arbitration hearing on the Falcons' pursuit of $22 million in bonus money from suspended quarterback Michael Vick will be held Oct. 4, according to the team. An arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the NFL and the Players Association will hear arguments.

It will be the first of several hearings on how much money, if any, the team can recoup from Vick, to whom it has paid roughly $40 million, some in bonuses, some in base salary.

edo783
09-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Mike just keeps swirling around in the bowl. The Feds and a host of others are reaching for the handle and soon..............whooosh....out the sewer pipe he goes with the rest of the feces.

Corrosion
09-28-2007, 11:19 PM
In the words of Red Foreman (Kurtwood Smith , That 70's Show)......

DumbAss

Joe Texan
10-09-2007, 07:43 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/702062

nunusguy
10-09-2007, 09:00 PM
This very arrogant, very ignorant young man never had a clue what hit him.
He had some warning but not much and then the collective wrath of the PETA
crowd and the NFL hit HIM and in this very short period of time they are close to destroying him.
Soon when he's insolvent he'll be back on his own again, with
his mama and maybe a few other family members. Everybody else including the lawyers will be gone because there's no meat to pick from the bones anymore. Just him, some family, and some jail time. Tragic.

drewmar74
10-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Stupid = expensive.

Koolaid Time
10-10-2007, 03:58 AM
The Falcons only get cap relief **IF** they get some of the money back from Vick.

From this story, Vick doesn't have the money to pay anyone anything...

Joe Texan
10-10-2007, 08:46 AM
From this story, Vick doesn't have the money to pay anyone anything...

Poppycock, Vick is loaded, OJ is too.

Wolf
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vicksurrenders&prov=ap&type=lgns

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick surrendered to U.S. marshals Monday and will remain in jail until his sentencing on a dogfighting charge in three weeks.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback is scheduled to be sentenced Dec. 10 but turned himself in because he anticipates a prison term on the federal dogfighting conspiracy charge, according to a court document. Vick could be sentenced to up to five years in prison.

"From the beginning, Mr. Vick has accepted responsibility for his actions, and his self-surrender further demonstrates that acceptance," Billy Martin, one of Vick's lawyers, said in a statement. "Michael wants to again apologize to everyone who has been hurt in this matter, and he thanks all of the people who have offered him and his family prayers and support during this time."

Vick is being held at Northern Neck Regional Jail in Warsaw until his sentencing, U.S. marshals told The Associated Press. The mixed-gender facility houses about 450 inmates.

The order filed in U.S. District Court said: "Vick has indicated his desire to voluntarily enter custody prior to his sentencing hearing. It appearing appropriate to do so, the U.S. Marshal is ordered to take custody of the Defendant immediately upon his surrender."

Heath Shuler
11-19-2007, 06:26 PM
as soon as prison time is official. I am nothing if not one for formalities.

Swt,
I would like it to read:
Vick is dog killing scum

Thanks,
Heath

Texan_Bill
11-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Swt,
I would like it to read:
Vick is dog killing scum

Thanks,
Heath

Heath, I'm surprised you waited until 5:30 to post something about the 'official prison' time starting...

Heath Shuler
11-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Heath, I'm surprised you waited until 5:30 to post something about the 'official prison' time starting...

Why is that?

Texan_Bill
11-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Why is that?

If I had made that bet, I would have posted something the second they announced that Vick turned himself in early to start his jail sentence.

PapaL
11-19-2007, 07:00 PM
In the grand scheme of people doing "bad" things; this is still ludicrous.

Double Barrel
11-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd say animal cruelty for profit from an illegal blood sport is enough of a 'bad' thing to warrant his conviction.

I suppose "ludicrous" is in the eye of the beholder. :hmmm:

PapaL
11-19-2007, 08:35 PM
I'd say animal cruelty for profit from an illegal blood sport is enough of a 'bad' thing to warrant his conviction.

I suppose "ludicrous" is in the eye of the beholder. :hmmm:

Very much so. I'm not saying what he did is a nice thing. I think there are real bad people roaming the streets who should be addressed first and foremost.

edo783
11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Very much so. I'm not saying what he did is a nice thing. I think there are real bad people roaming the streets who should be addressed first and foremost.

Based on that train of thought we shouldn't jail anyone until we have jailed the worst first and then work our way down from there? Whether it is a small crime or a large crime, it is still a crime and brings with it a certain level of consequense and that is what is happening.

infantrycak
11-20-2007, 09:50 AM

You address them as you catch them. Remember the cops didn't go to Vick's house looking into dog charges originally--they went looking for drugs in the possession of his cousin.

Double Barrel
11-20-2007, 11:19 AM

I don't disagree. Personally, I think we need to lock up violent people for life. I find it pathetic that our society is too soft to do what must be done to take incorrigible individuals off the street.

As far as Vick, he won't be in there that long. He did the crime, does the time, so society will give him a second chance (the NFL, on the other hand, is a different story).

HOU-TEX
11-20-2007, 12:57 PM
I reckon he turned himself in early in hope of leniency. A lesser sentence. :specnatz:

Specnatz
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I reckon he turned himself in early in hope of leniency. A lesser sentence. :specnatz:

From what I saw and have read it is so his sentence (if the judge gives the one year like recommended) will end about the time for training camp. 10 months in jail and two months in a half-way house. This of course does not take into account what Roger "the Sledgehammer" Goodde will do.

I hope the judge loves animals and deceides to not take the plea and add some time to his sentence by about 6 months to a year and then Roger gives him two years because of all the gambling involved. I think that would send a very strong message.

HOU-TEX
11-20-2007, 02:30 PM
From what I saw and have read it is so his sentence (if the judge gives the one year like recommended) will end about the time for training camp. 10 months in jail and two months in a half-way house. This of course does not take into account what Roger "the Sledgehammer" Goodde will do.

I hope the judge loves animals and deceides to not take the plea and add some time to his sentence by about 6 months to a year and then Roger gives him two years because of all the gambling involved. I think that would send a very strong message.

I agree. I hope they sentence him to the maximum. If not, I'd hope Goodell lowers the boom. Whatever it is, I just hope he's unable or too old to come back to the NFL.:bat:

PapaL
11-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Based on that train of thought we shouldn't jail anyone until we have jailed the worst first and then work our way down from there? Whether it is a small crime or a large crime, it is still a crime and brings with it a certain level of consequense and that is what is happening.

What I'm flat out saying is murdering someone, selling drugs, etc doesn't get the type of attention this crap has gotten. Lets put the bad people away.

If the guy that lived next door to me wants to do what Vick did that's his problem. If the guy that lives next is a mass murder, selling drugs and pimping high school girls - I have a problem with that. That guy should do hard time time. No I don't condone animal abuse - let's look at the bigger picture here. Prisons are overcrowded but we have space for this clown?

PapaL
11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I agree. I hope they sentence him to the maximum. If not, I'd hope Goodell lowers the boom. Whatever it is, I just hope he's unable or too old to come back to the NFL.:bat:

Why is that? Why can't he put this behind him and move on in life?

Specnatz
11-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Why is that? Why can't he put this behind him and move on in life?

He can put this behind and move on once he has served enough time based upon what he has done not what he does for a living or how much money he has.

Texan_Bill
11-20-2007, 05:00 PM
What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.
~ Captain, Prison 36 (Cool Hand Luke)

Wasn't it Mike Vick that failed a drug test this past September while awaiting sentencing?
Wasn't it Mike Vick that used the psuedonym Ron Mexico when infecting a girl with an STD?
Wasn't it Mike Vick that flipped hard working, money paying fans the bird?

Color me blind, but I don't see a trend that convinces me he has learned to become a productive member of this society.........yet.

HOU-TEX
11-20-2007, 05:05 PM

Wasn't it Mike Vick that failed a drug test this past September while awaiting sentencing?
Wasn't it Mike Vick that used the psuedonym Ron Mexico when infecting a girl with an STD?

Color me blind, but I don't see a trend that convinces me he has learned to become a productive member of this society.........yet.

Yeah, but he didn't kill someone, deal drugs or rape someone. So we can let him go.....according to Papal.:rolleyes:

PapaL
11-20-2007, 05:33 PM
He can put this behind and move on once he has served enough time based upon what he has done not what he does for a living or how much money he has.

I totally agree. Once he serves his debt to society be it either jail time, house arrest or whatever the court deems necessary. What he does for a living has nothing to do with what Vick the man has done.

PapaL
11-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Are any of those things illegal? When did all those things happen? Before this incident right? Give the man an opportunity.

I'm not trying to come off as a Vick apologist, I'm saying let the man do his time, pay off his debt however the court deems and move on.
Geez - like none of us have ever used a psuedonym and given a girl an STD.

PapaL
11-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah, but he didn't kill someone, deal drugs or rape someone. So we can let him go.....according to Papal.:rolleyes:

I'm not even going to respond to this. Must be a great view from that glass house.

HOU-TEX
11-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm not even going to respond to this. Must be a great view from that glass house.

I think there are real bad people roaming the streets who should be addressed first and foremost.

Why? Is it not what this previous statement of yours means? That we shouldn't pay much regard to the lesser crimes, only the "real bad people" murdering, raping and selling.

What about the guy that breaks into your house stealing everything in sight while tearing it up at the same time. Are you just going to shrug it off and inform the officer that the crime isn't a priorty and to stick with the "real bad people" investigations.

I'm willing to bet if one of these lesser crimes happened to you, you'd be singing a different tune.

Texan_Bill
11-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Are any of those things illegal? When did all those things happen? Before this incident right? Give the man an opportunity.

I'm not trying to come off as a Vick apologist, I'm saying let the man do his time, pay off his debt however the court deems and move on.
Geez - like none of us have ever used a psuedonym and given a girl an STD.

Ummm yes... Failing a drug test?? and no, not before this case - while awaiting his sentencing on 'this' case.

Texan_Bill
11-20-2007, 06:26 PM
ATLANTA - A woman who charged in a lawsuit that Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick knowingly gave her a sexually transmitted disease has agreed to an undisclosed resolution of the case, his attorney said Monday.

“The case has been resolved,” attorney Lawrence Woodward said.

When asked if the details of the agreement between Vick and the woman, Sonya Elliott, would be disclosed, Woodward said: “The only comment I’ve got is the case has been resolved.”

Elliott, a 26-year-old health care worker, claimed she tested positive for herpes after unprotected sex with Vick in April 2003. In the complaint, filed in Gwinnett County State Court, Elliott contended that Vick “apologized profusely” for failing to disclose he was infected with the disease, which can be treated but not cured.

The lawsuit also claimed Vick used the alias “Ron Mexico” when seeking treatment for the disease.

I would think knowingly infecting someone is illegal. Fortunately for him, he was able to reach a settlement with Elliot.

Settlement Reached in Michael Vick HERPES case (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12468203/)

PapaL
11-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Ummm yes... Failing a drug test?? and no, not before this case - while awaiting his sentencing on 'this' case.

Failing an NFL drug test is illegal? Wow - is everyone subject to that?

Don't confuse work rules with actual legislation.

I would think knowingly infecting someone is illegal. Fortunately for him, he was able to reach a settlement with Elliot.

Is there a law that says this is illegal? Is it immoral? Of course.

PapaL
11-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Why? Is it not what this previous statement of yours means? That we shouldn't pay much regard to the lesser crimes, only the "real bad people" murdering, raping and selling.

What about the guy that breaks into your house stealing everything in sight while tearing it up at the same time. Are you just going to shrug it off and inform the officer that the crime isn't a priorty and to stick with the "real bad people" investigations.

I'm willing to bet if one of these lesser crimes happened to you, you'd be singing a different tune.

You can twist it how you want. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you. I have clearly said that on the GRAND scale big picture this is being made out to be bigger than it needs to be. Jamal Lewis, Ray Lewis, Rae Carruth didn't get this kind of pub and they transported drugs and killed people.

Specnatz
11-20-2007, 08:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3120645

I think Vick will be declaring Bankrupcy in the near future.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Failing an NFL drug test is illegal? Wow - is everyone subject to that?

Don't confuse work rules with actual legislation.

Is there a law that says this is illegal? Is it immoral? Of course.

Vick's positive urine sample was submitted Sept. 13, according to a document by a federal probation officer that was filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday.

Because Vick violated the conditions of his release, Hudson could take that into consideration during sentencing, said Linda Malone, a criminal procedure expert and Marshall-Wythe Foundation professor of law at the College of William and Mary.

Link: Vick Tested Positive for..... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3037175)

Apparently you missed the news in September.. He failed his drug test which was a condition of his bail. It had NOTHING to do with the NFL... Thats no different than someone on probation or parole failing a drug test. That is illegal and again has nada to with his employment.

And yes, knowingly inflicting pain and/or anguish (harming someone) is illegal. Morality has nothing to do with that. Some might even call it assault.

HoustonFrog
11-21-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm waiting everyday for SW to show back up and declare that Vick will play later this year:)

hollywood_texan
11-21-2007, 02:33 PM
You can twist it how you want. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you. I have clearly said that on the GRAND scale big picture this is being made out to be bigger than it needs to be. Jamal Lewis, Ray Lewis, Rae Carruth didn't get this kind of pub and they transported drugs and killed people.

You need to factor in several things before you come to your conclusion:

1. Mick Vick was a QB, guys at the position get more pub inherently,

2. Mick Vick had a long sorted history of problems before this dog thing came up, whereas the guys you listed above did not have a dicernable pattern of issues well documented in the media, and

3. There is a new commissioner and a serious approach to maintaining the league image.

Point is, you can't compare those 3 guys to the Mick Vick situation because it is a different time, place, and person.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2007, 02:40 PM
oh, and Rae Carruth was found guilty of conspiracty to commit murder and is serving 18-24 years in prison.

infantrycak
11-21-2007, 02:51 PM
You need to factor in several things before you come to your conclusion:

1. Mick Vick was a QB, guys at the position get more pub inherently,

2. Mick Vick had a long sorted history of problems before this dog thing came up, whereas the guys you listed above did not have a dicernable pattern of issues well documented in the media, and

3. There is a new commissioner and a serious approach to maintaining the league image.

Point is, you can't compare those 3 guys to the Mick Vick situation because it is a different time, place, and person.

Plus:

4. Incompetent local prosecutor who kept sticking his mug in front of mikes and then flip flopping positions keeping the news stirring. He should have shut his trap while investigating.

5. Due to 4, the Feds got involved and that pumped the story into high gear.

oh, and Rae Carruth was found guilty of conspiracty to commit murder and is serving 18-24 years in prison.

Yup--and Jamal Lewis spent time in jail as well.

nunusguy
11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
"RICHMOND, Va. — Two of fallen NFL star Michael Vick's co-defendants were sentenced today to 18 months and 21 months in prison on federal dogfighting conspiracy charges.

Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach could have received up to five years in prison — the same maximum Vick faces when he is sentenced Dec. 10.

Peace, Phillips and Tony Taylor of Hampton pleaded guilty last summer and agreed to testify against Vick, prompting the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback to enter his own plea agreement a few days later. Taylor will be sentenced Dec. 14.

"You may have thought this was sporting, but it was very callous and cruel," U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson told Phillips.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5341611.html
I suspect that was also Vick's take on the activity Judge, but as they say ignorance of the law is not an excuse. How much time Vick gets in the slammer I dunno know, but this doesn't bode well for him.
I'm probably the only white guy in the US who thinks Vick is getting the shaft,
but after seeing the documentary on PETAs screwball Ingrid Newkirk, Vick
might be fortunate he's not getting the death sentence. I dunno, he may yet ?

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
"RICHMOND, Va. — Two of fallen NFL star Michael Vick's co-defendants were sentenced today to 18 months and 21 months in prison on federal dogfighting conspiracy charges.

Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach could have received up to five years in prison — the same maximum Vick faces when he is sentenced Dec. 10.

Peace, Phillips and Tony Taylor of Hampton pleaded guilty last summer and agreed to testify against Vick, prompting the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback to enter his own plea agreement a few days later. Taylor will be sentenced Dec. 14.

"You may have thought this was sporting, but it was very callous and cruel," U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson told Phillips.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5341611.html
I suspect that was also Vick's take on the activity Judge, but as they say ignorance of the law is not an excuse. How much time Vick gets in the slammer I dunno know, but this doesn't bode well for him.
I'm probably the only white guy in the US who thinks Vick is getting the shaft,
but after seeing the documentary on PETAs screwball Ingrid Newkirk, Vick
might be fortunate he's not getting the death sentence. I dunno, he may yet ?

OUCH. This does not bode well for Vick. These were the guys who cooperated in the investigation and they still both almost got 2 years in jail each. Vick bankrolled the whole operation, DID NOT cooperate, and was essentially the kingpin of this crime ring.

I believe Vick may get 24 months in the hole at least. I thought he would get 12 months and maybe be back for the 2008 NFL season if he got out early for good behavior. I don't think that anymore. I think his career is over and his freedom is forfeit for the next 2 years....ouch

sucks to be Vick

Errant Hothy
12-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Vick gets sentenced on the federal chargest today. I heard on ESPN radio this morning that the prosecution is going to argue that VIck has not been cooperative with them...bad move, Mr. Vick.

Second Honeymoon
12-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Vick gets sentenced on the federal chargest today. I heard on ESPN radio this morning that the prosecution is going to argue that VIck has not been cooperative with them...bad move, Mr. Vick.

at least he is 'keepin it real' and not 'snitchin'.......those losers who are picketing for vick's release are losers. i guess if you pay a church enough money they will send half their congregation out to picket for your cause.

just pathetic, Atlanta. the dude needs to go to the hole for a few years and think about how much he screwed up his life by being a stupid ghetto thug.

TigerV1
12-10-2007, 10:51 AM
And now he gets 23 months in prison.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316319,00.html

Will he be able to salvage his career after nearly 2 years in prison?

Errant Hothy
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Linkage:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3148549

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy.

Federal sentencing guidelines suggested a year to 18 months.

The suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback also received three years' probation at his sentencing before U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson.

With nearly a month already served, going by Hudson's sentencing, Vick would be scheduled for release in October 2009.

gtexan02
12-10-2007, 11:02 AM
i am going to laugh hysterically at all of you lemmings that rushed to the conclusion of lifetime bans and extreme prison sentences......i've said all along, no jailtime, and probably no nfl suspension..

Sorry, I couldn't resist bringing this back up :):pirate:

Mr teX
12-10-2007, 11:09 AM

Doubt it especially after goodell drops the hammer.

Meanwhile the turd that is Pacman Jones gets off with 1 year probation & anger management classes for his role in a strip club shooting that ultimately left a man paralyzed. Federal or not, this is how ass backwards the US is at times.

Second Honeymoon
12-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Sorry, I couldn't resist bringing this back up :):pirate:

yeah that dude was pretty clueless in regards to Vick. Vick got what he deserved for being such a dirtbag. his career is over, his financial situation is in a complete freefall, and he is now just another loser in an orange jumpsuit.

he will probably end up in the CFL for a few years or resort to wrestling. just a few years ago Vick was on top of the world....but then because he wanted to keep it real and stay true to his ghetto friends and ghetto lifestyle, the world is now on top of him.

Vick is a pile of dog crap...no pun intended

texasguy346
12-10-2007, 11:11 AM
I thought he might've gotten a little more time with the fact that he financed the operation & with the prosecutors saying that Vick was vague & misleading in some of his answers to their questions. It should be interesting to see the reaction from around the league. Doesn't he also have state charges to worry about? Could mean more jail time.

HoustonFrog
12-10-2007, 11:24 AM

Considering he is still facing state charges, I doubt football will be happening for Vick unless someone wants a sideshow in a few years.

I thought he might've gotten a little more time with the fact that he financed the operation & with the prosecutors saying that Vick was vague & misleading in some of his answers to their questions. It should be interesting to see the reaction from around the league. Doesn't he also have state charges to worry about? Could mean more jail time.

Up to 5 years for the state charges too.

Errant Hothy
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Considering he is still facing state charges, I doubt football will be happening for Vick unless someone wants a sideshow in a few years.

Vick is done as far as playing in the NFL is concerned.

PapaL
12-10-2007, 03:44 PM
23 Months in Jail for Vick; link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/12/10/bc.fbn.vicksentencing.ap/index.html?eref=T1)

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for running a "cruel and inhumane" dogfighting ring and lying about it.

The suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback could have been sentenced up to five years by U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson. Vick, who turned himself in Nov. 19 in anticipation of his sentence, was wearing a black-and-white striped prison suit.

After Vick apologized to the court and his family, Hudson told him: "You need to apologize to the millions of young people who looked up to you."

"Yes, sir," Vick answered.

The 27-year-old player acknowledged using "poor judgment" and added, "I'm willing to deal with the consequences and accept responsibility for my actions."

Although there is no parole in the federal system, rules governing time off for good behavior could reduce Vick's prison stay by about three months, resulting in a summer 2009 release.

ATX
12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Vick won't serve all 23 months, probably half and the state charges will not go through IMO because it would be double jeopardy.....atleast I hear his lawyers will argue that.

TD
12-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Vick won't serve all 23 months, probably half and the state charges will not go through IMO because it would be double jeopardy.....atleast I hear his lawyers will argue that.

He'll do the overwhelming majority of the time. There is no federal parole.

His lawyers can argue double jeopardy (although I doubt they will) federal and state charges are brought separately all the time. The best bet is a plea deal with concurrent sentences.

I'm surprised the sentence exceeded the prosecutors recommendation. Seems like that would hurt the feds ability to negotiate plea bargains.

Specnatz
12-10-2007, 04:33 PM

From everything I have heard today is that he has to serve 85% of the time in prison, he can serve 1 month in a half-way house, and the rest is for good behavior. One little mishap in prison and there will be no good time.

ATX
12-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Well, needless to say it sucks to be Mike Vick at the moment.

Spled
12-10-2007, 05:54 PM
The Falcons owner is acting like he's going to bring him back. He's still popular there in Atlanta. I'd never want the Pacman's or the Vick's playing for Houston.

OzzO
12-10-2007, 10:51 PM
So, he'll be in the 2009 draft? So much for coming out early....

Wonder if he can out play the man to man coverage for two years.....

Do you think his celmate will welcome him by saying, "there's my dog".....

Will he be sacked....

...okay, I'm out.

CloakNNNdagger
12-10-2007, 10:51 PM
From everything I have heard today is that he has to serve 85% of the time in prison, he can serve 1 month in a half-way house, and the rest is for good behavior. One little mishap in prison and there will be no good time.

Federal law is very specific on this point.

Even if Vick ONLY spends his mandated 19 1/2 months (notwithstanding the possibility of up to 5 years of state sentence), what skills will he be left with by the time an opportunity arises for a football return? He'll have weights and ability to run every day, but who will he practice his trade with............and his legs (his name to fame) will be 2 years older and will undoubtedly move 2 years slower.

And if Goodell allows it, whoever the whore owner that takes him on will deserve his travelling "circus" that will be created.............Hail, another almighty NFL role model.

All deserve a second chance..............but like a pediphile...........they deserve a second chance far, far, far away...............

The1ApplePie
12-10-2007, 11:15 PM
The Feds don't **** around when it comes to prison time. Of course my cousin got sentenced to a nickle for violating the RICO statues, and they still haven't come to get him yet. The Feds love to play with your mind.

Red_Zone
12-10-2007, 11:59 PM
The Falcons owner is acting like he's going to bring him back. He's still popular there in Atlanta. I'd never want the Pacman's or the Vick's playing for Houston.

Don't know where you're getting that. I live here and Vick is only popular with a small portion of the black community now (these are people who still say OJ is innocent), not so much with everyone else and Vick will NEVER play in Atlanta again. Arthur Blank has had a belly full of Vick, he's now seeking $20 million in bonus money back from vick and just said on tv after the game, "We (the falcons) have moved past Michael Vick."

And oh Yeah, as to Vicks popularity, they had a rally for vick at a sports arena and 200 people showed up. In a city of five million, two hundred showed up, yeah, he's real popular.

This (Vick) is a guy that after he made his deal with the feds continued to lie and try and minimise his role as the "Big dog" of the operation and he got caught doing drugs again in violation of the law and his agreements. The judge did not believe Vick was sorry for his actions or contrite in any way and thus the long sentence. I too believe Vick has still not gotten the idea that he did anything wrong.

Eleven weeks after signing with the Falcons, when Vick got his money he bought the house in virginia and started his illegal dog fighting and gambling operation. What he did he had to know was wrong and illegal but he did it anyway with full pre meditation, it was not a "mistake" as his lawyer is trying to tell everyone. Since then Vick has shown poor judgement and decision making on and off the field getting in one scrape after another and now he has to pay the piper.

I wouldn't say he should never play football again, but he'll never be the $134 million quarterback again. Frankly he just isn't that great a QB anyway, he's exciting to watch but he doesn't win games.

kastofsna
12-11-2007, 02:21 AM
i've never even thought of him as exciting. in fact he's an insult to real QB play. his hype is a result of a Madden-loving nation that has no respect for the strategy and overall intellect that goes into the position. dumb QB's don't win, period.

Heath Shuler
12-11-2007, 07:11 PM
swt, are you going to honor our bet?[/QUOTE

[QUOTE=swtbound07;714907]as soon as prison time is official. I am nothing if not one for formalities.

Come on man, pay up.....

"VICK is SCUM"

gtexan02
12-11-2007, 07:20 PM
i've never even thought of him as exciting. in fact he's an insult to real QB play. his hype is a result of a Madden-loving nation that has no respect for the strategy and overall intellect that goes into the position. dumb QB's don't win, period.

Signed,

Vince Young

Red_Zone
12-11-2007, 08:47 PM

Did you ever watch him play? Falcons games were mostly blacked out at home for lack of butts in seats before Vick came here. When he was playing every seat was taken. He is an amazing athlete though not an amazing quarterback in the traditional sense. I would have loved to have seen him as a tailback or wide receiver if he hadn't been so criminally inclined that is. He was definately exciting to watch when running the ball though. :pirate:

edo783
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Atlanta would have really had something if they would have Played Schaub at QB and let Vick run all over the place and every now and then throw the ball. Defenses would have been going squirly if they had done that.

Red_Zone
12-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Atlanta would have really had something if they would have Played Schaub at QB and let Vick run all over the place and every now and then throw the ball. Defenses would have been going squirly if they had done that.

I would like to have seen that, but one more ingredient was needed. It's been forever since we drafted an offensive lineman. A girl scout troop could run through our offensive line and it's hard for any quarterback to throw the ball lying on his back.

disaacks3
12-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Atlanta would have really had something if they would have Played Schaub at QB and let Vick run all over the place and every now and then throw the ball. Defenses would have been going squirly if they had done that. Can you imagine how much the flea-flicker, laterals & halfback passes could have scared the he11 outta the competition?

Oh well, the Mike Vick tour is on hold for at least 2 years...

bah007
12-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I would like to have seen that, but one more ingredient was needed. It's been forever since we drafted an offensive lineman. A girl scout troop could run through our offensive line and it's hard for any quarterback to throw the ball lying on his back.

Picked up Justin Blalock in the 2nd round with the Texans' pick last year, but I'm guessing that you mean an OT.

Red_Zone
12-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Picked up Justin Blalock in the 2nd round with the Texans' pick last year, but I'm guessing that you mean an OT.

Yeah, forgot about Blalock but the main point is we just have not worked on protecting the QB. Even with Vick's running ability we only won 7 games last year. Until they addresss this situation any QB the Falcons bring in is going to spend a lot of time on the deck unless he CAN run like a Michael Vick.

The team is in shambles from ownership on down. I always thought (or hoped) that if we got rid of the Clampets (our pet name for the Smith family, previous owners of the Falcons) and got a new owner we'd be making progress. Blank's a good guy but exerts too much personal influence, he needs to put a strong football guy in the front office to run things and let him have free reign. Blank may know hardware but he don't know squat about football. It's very depressing to be a football fan in Georgia, if it weren't for the Bulldogs I'd go crazy. Actually I prefer college ball anyway but I could really get into it if the Falcons actually started having winning seasons, I mean of course more than one in a row.

The decision making process up at Swuanee defies common sense, if we have a winning season we fire the coach and if we have back to back wins the QB gets benched. Go figure.

HoustonFrog
12-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Letter to the judge from Vick

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/14/vick.letters/index.html

Texan_Bill
12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Letter to the judge from Vick

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/14/vick.letters/index.html

I pray for Michael Vick that the letter was truly from his heart. If it is, than he has started to take action for his redemption.

HoustonFrog
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
I pray for Michael Vick that the letter was truly from his heart. If it is, than he has started to take action for his redemption.

That or he found a really nice 4th grader to write that..was that on Big Chief tablet:elmo:

Texan_Bill
12-14-2007, 02:47 PM
That or he found a really nice 4th grader to write that..was that on Big Chief tablet:elmo:

LMAO!!! I was trying not to critique the letter itself, but the message and tone....

HoustonFrog
12-14-2007, 03:15 PM
LMAO!!! I was trying not to critique the letter itself, but the message and tone....

I know, I know..couldn't resist. It had nice sentiments...I just don't know if we would have heard any of that if he never got caught. Easy to say the right thing when you are facing time. I hope he means it.

StarStruck
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
I know, I know..couldn't resist. It had nice sentiments...I just don't know if we would have heard any of that if he never got caught. Easy to say the right thing when you are facing time. I hope he means it.

There wouldn't be a need to write a judge unless you have been caught, lol.

Well, old Benefit of the Doubt, speaking here. I will take him at his word unless he proves otherwise.

CloakNNNdagger
12-15-2007, 02:55 PM

Well, old Benefit of the Doubt, speaking here. I will take him at his word unless he proves otherwise.

Anyone can say anything when they are in a "controlled environment".............in this case, very controlled.......in jail.

I'm sorry, but didn't Vick "have a clue" when he was mischaracterizing the state charter of his "corporation"..........or after earlier arrests and jailing of former NFL player LeShon Johnson and National Basketball Association player Qyntel Woods..........and didn't he have a family and kids when he chose to play dogs.

It's easy to feel pain (your own) when you are "caught"...........But is Vick feeling the pain he has caused others, both animal and human?...............I personally think not........

HoustonFrog
12-15-2007, 07:55 PM

Exactly my point. Would you think the guy loves animals and dogs, as stated, and knew he was doing wrong if you had seen him before being caught?Its not that it is a letter to a judge I found interesting, its the sentiments and if a guy means them or is trying to spare himself. Again, they sounded nice. I never had a problem with him before. Just hard to look at the actions before all this and then believ the words.

swtbound07
12-15-2007, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=Heath Shuler;714902]swt, are you going to honor our bet?[/QUOTE

Come on man, pay up.....

"VICK is SCUM"

Im not here much, but here it is anyway.

Koolaid Time
12-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Vick's "buddy" "T" only got 2 (TWO) months for being the first to roll over and for giving up "Ookie"...

The US Attorneys handling the case urged PROBATION, but the judge nixed that...

Still 2 months is a sweet deal..

Heath Shuler
12-16-2007, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=Heath Shuler;801093]

Im not here much, but here it is anyway.

Thanks

Joe Texan
12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/763580

Specnatz
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
http://www.yahoo.com/s/763580

Image is everything!!

TEXANS84
12-19-2007, 03:34 PM
http://www.peta.org/feat/holidaysnowglobe/index.asp

Click on dogfighter Michael Vick and shakeup the globe.

Wow.

Mr teX
12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
This is why no one takes them serious. For the most part they got what they wanted, The guy was convicted, is now serving his time & likely will serve more pending state charges & his career is likely over, why are they still trying to drag this guy through the mud? Between them & ESPN You would think this was the Scopes Monkey Trial with the way they keep trying to drag this on.

Dread-Head
12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
In principle PETA MEANS WELL but damn. Hey PETA. You guys won. Vick did something stupid, was called on it, has lost his lucrative career, his fortune and has traded his fame for infamy. You won.
Quit spiking the ball. To the ARCH conservatives here, I would like to point out that simply being a Democrat doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make someone a liberal. If this is PETA's idea of winning gracefully and they feel a need to force their ideas down our throats rather than simply presenting to us and letting us decide for ourselves then I have a favor to beg of you.
PLEASE don't lump me and other Democrats in here with these tofu eating, granola munching, pot smoking, fur is murder holier than thou types.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Pretty sure that he did it to himself. With every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Mr teX
12-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Pretty sure that he did it to himself. With every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

This ain't science or Jay Leno dropping a pot shot here & there TB, this is a joke of an organization going out of their way to milk a dry cow. Ditto for the other people that are up there as well.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
This ain't science or Jay Leno dropping a pot shot here & there TB, this is a joke of an organization going out of their way to milk a dry cow. Ditto for the other people that are up there as well.

I hear ya Tex, and so I will NEVER go out of my way to show any props towards PETA (beleive me, I like steak, pork, fish, etc. way too much).. The real point was more about the ridicule that Mr. Vick brought upon himself.

Double Barrel
12-19-2007, 04:24 PM
This is why no one takes them serious.

Actually, some folks do take them seriously. Which is how PETA is able to pressure Fortune 500 companies and the government to adopt certain practices and cease others.

I'm far from a PETA suppoter (I'm too much of a leather-wearing carnivore), but when they picket a cause, they tend to get peoples' ear. WE don't take them seriously, but that doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

I could care less about their little snow-globe. It's silly and pointless, but too each his own and all that jazz.

austintexanite
12-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm for animal rights, but PETA needs to get of their hippy highhorse. There's too many of them in Austin.

Koolaid Time
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Judge: Vick can keep some of $20-million bonus

Decision overturns earlier ruling that allowed Falcons to get money back

Imprisoned Falcons quarterback will not have to repay the full $20 million in bonus money the team sought to recover, according to a ruling Monday by U.S. District Judge David Doty.

Doty's decision overturned a previous ruling by an arbitrator, who said Vick had to repay $20 million in bonuses to the team because he could not earn them in light of his suspension by the league and his imprisonment on a federal dogfighting charge.

It is unclear if Vick has to repay any of the $20 million. Vick could be responsible for the repayment of a portion of signing bonus money, per the NFL's collective bargaining agreement. However, he would be able to retain any other bonus money.

The Falcons had no comment Monday morning as to whether they would pursue the case any further.

The team sought to recover Vick's bonus money because it could gain relief under the salary cap should he repay the team any of the court-ordered sum. Atlanta would be granted a credit for the amount of money received a year after Vick turned over the money.

If Vick doesn't have to repay any of the money, the Falcons not only are left with no relief from the $37 million in bonus money they've already paid the former star, but they will also be charged more than $15 million against the salary cap over the next two years because of those bonuses.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/02/04/vick_0205.html

TexanSam
04-06-2008, 09:24 PM
It's The Longest Yard come to life.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/06/michael-vick-playing-prison-football/

In a report that sounds like the set-up to a Longest Yard joke but is apparently completely serious, Gary Myers of the New York Daily News writes that Michael Vick is playing football in prison.

Vick, the Atlanta Falcons quarterback who pleaded guilty to felony charges related to his Bad Newz Kennels dog fighting ring, is in a minimum security satellite prison camp at the United States Penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kansas. And Myers reports that Falcons owner Arthur Blank has received letters from Vick that detail his prison football games:

BSofA04
04-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Wow....just wow.

Second Honeymoon
04-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I think this is a great move by Vick. He is paying his debt to society and I can pretty much guarantee he will never be involved in dog fighting again, so I will give the guy credit for trying to keep the dream alive. Its gonna be a herculean task but I think its doable. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the league with someone.

Hopefully he has learned from his mistakes and can be a positive contributor to society, perhaps even an example of someone who fell so fast but managed to get back on his feet and turn his life around.

TexanSam
04-06-2008, 10:43 PM
The Cowboys will sign him in 2009. Then they'll give T.O. a contract extension. Then they'll trade for Chad Johnson and Pacman Jones. And the final piece of the puzzle will be taking on Chris Henry. And by 2010 they should have the prison league football title just about wrapped up.

GlassHalfFull
04-06-2008, 10:45 PM
The Cowboys will sign him in 2009. Then they'll give T.O. a contract extension. Then they'll trade for Chad Johnson and Pacman Jones. And the final piece of the puzzle will be taking on Chris Henry. And by 2010 they should have the prison league football title just about wrapped up.

LOL, true. Sad, but true.

Trap_Star
04-06-2008, 10:48 PM
vick is still waiting for his star running-back.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/popvulture/uploaded_images/oj_simpson_narrowweb__300x472,0-781304.jpg

Hervoyel
04-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Vick is a turd. There's no way in the world to spin that any different. Going into the pen he is and has been a talented "turd".

That being said if he does his time, straightens out his life, and learns from his mistakes then I think he must be given a chance to move on and "be" a reformed citizen and yes, NFL player if he still has enough skills to do so and can conduct himself in an acceptable manner.

edo783
04-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Anyone else wonder who & why you would want to play center on a prison team?

Specnatz
04-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Anyone else wonder who & why you would want to play center on a prison team?

or wide receiver?

CloakNNNdagger
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Conversation alleged to have occurred on the first day of incarceration:

Vick’s cellmate: Mike.....why are you pacing back and forth so much?

Vick: I’m bored......there’s nothing to do here in prison..........I ain’t gonna last no year and a half.

Vick’s cellmate: There’s lot’s of things to do here.

Vick: There are?

Vick’s cellmate: Mike, do you like basketball?

Vick: Sure, I really likes basketball.

Vick’s cellmate: Well, every Monday night, we get to play basketball.

Vick: You gotta be kiddin’ me.

Vick’s cellmate: Mike, do you like baseball?

Vick: Boy, I really likes basketball.

Vick’s cellmate: Well, every Tuesday night, we get to play baseball.

Vick: Man, that’s great.

Vick’s cellmate: Mike, do you like football?

Vick: Wow, I loves football.

Vick’s cellmate: Well, every Wednesday night, we get to play football.

Vick: That’s unbelievable.........basketball on Monday, baseball on Tuesday, football on Wednesday!

Vick’s cellmate: Hey, Mike, do you like heterosexual sex?

Vick: Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa..........I loves heterosexual sex!!!!

Vick’s cellmate: Well, you ain’t gonna care much for Thursday nights then.:winky:

Polo
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Conversation alleged to have occurred on the first day of incarceration:

Vick’s cellmate: Mike.....why are you pacing back and forth so much?

Vick: I’m bored......there’s nothing to do here in prison..........I ain’t gonna last no year and a half.

Vick’s cellmate: There’s lot’s of things to do here.

Vick: There are?

Vick’s cellmate: Mike, do you like basketball?

Vick: Sure, I really likes basketball.

Vick’s cellmate: Well, every Monday night, we get to play basketball.

Vick: You gotta be kiddin’ me.

Vick’s cellmate: Mike, do you like baseball?

Vick: Boy, I really likes basketball.

Vick’s cellmate: Well, every Tuesday night, we get to play baseball.

Vick: Man, that’s great.

Vick’s cellmate: Mike, do you like football?

Vick: Wow, I loves football.

Vick’s cellmate: Well, every Wednesday night, we get to play football.

Vick: That’s unbelievable.........basketball on Monday, baseball on Tuesday, football on Wednesday!

Vick’s cellmate: Hey, Mike, do you like heterosexual sex?

Vick: Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa..........I loves heterosexual sex!!!!

Vick’s cellmate: Well, you ain’t gonna care much for Thursday nights then.:winky:

lol

Khari
04-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Vick is a turd. There's no way in the world to spin that any different. Going into the pen he is and has been a talented "turd".

he's a big huge smelly turd that i never wanna see again

:chickendance:

bah007
04-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Wow....just wow.

Big deal.

It's not like he is the only inmate that is playing.

Hervoyel
04-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Well, look at it this way. Somebody is going to be playing prison football. It might as well be Vick.

Texaninlild
04-09-2008, 12:11 AM
It's The Longest Yard come to life.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/06/michael-vick-playing-prison-football/

Better prison football than some of the other games played in prison.

http://rlove.org/images/graveley_jail_20060627.jpg

The Dream
04-09-2008, 01:11 AM
see u when u get out mike.

HOU-TEX
04-09-2008, 09:43 AM
They reported last night that the prison said he was not playing football. They insisted that he was incarcerated after the organization started.

Eh, who cares anyways?? I just thought I'd let ya know.

Here's a link for those that might care.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3335675

Specnatz
04-09-2008, 09:54 AM
he's a big huge smelly turd that i never wanna see again

:chickendance:

But Khari it did give me the chance to introduce the Vick smiley.

:jail:

Texan_Bill
04-09-2008, 10:07 AM
They reported last night that the prison said he was not playing football. They insisted that he was incarcerated after the organization started.

That's too bad. I was really hoping he worked on his passing game; accuracy, touch. You know, all those things a quarterback is supposed to have...

Well he'll be out soon enough. When he does get out - I am putting the over/ under at 6 months before we either hear about a probation violation, being arrested for something else - or both.

:jail:

Mr teX
04-09-2008, 10:11 AM

cosign

Showtime100
04-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Kind of reminds me of.......

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/untitled.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/comedy2a.gif

Texan_Bill
04-09-2008, 10:22 AM

cosign

We ALL will see him when he gets out. Unfortunately it won't be for long, 'cause he is too stupid to stay out...

I hope the next time he gives a girl STD's they charge him with assault. I hope the next time he decides its okay to smoke a joint, they revoke his parole / probation (whatever the terms of his release are). I hope the next time he flips the bird to some people he is brought up on obscenity charges because there were children around. I hope the next time he tries to sneak something through the airport, the authorities hold him under the Patriot Act. I hope the next time he even looks cross-eyed at animals, he is tazed. I hope the next time on loans he, well nevermind, banks won't lend him a cent. I hope the next time he spits on the sidewalk, he is cited.........

Porky
04-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I just hope that this guy is his cellmate -

http://www.howardhallis.com/news/2005/hannibal.jpg

Mr teX
04-09-2008, 10:34 AM
We ALL will see him when he gets out. Unfortunately it won't be for long, 'cause he is too stupid to stay out...

I hope the next time he gives a girl STD's they charge him with assault. I hope the next time he decides its okay to smoke a joint, they revoke his parole / probation (whatever the terms of his release are). I hope the next time he flips the bird to some people he is brought up on obscenity charges because there were children around. I hope the next time he tries to sneak something through the airport, the authorities hold him under the Patriot Act. I hope the next time he even looks cross-eyed at animals, he is tazed. I hope the next time on loans he, well nevermind, banks won't lend him a cent. I hope the next time he spits on the sidewalk, he is cited.........

WOW, you're reminding me of when cam'ron was on the Bill O'rielly show......."You (still) mad?"

Texan_Bill
04-09-2008, 10:36 AM
WOW, you're reminding me of when cam'ron was on the Bill O'rielly show......."You (still) mad?"

Who is cam'ron and who is Bill O'reilly??..... Not so much.

Showtime100
04-09-2008, 10:55 AM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/linusSnoopy_vulture3.jpg

My anger towards him doesn't have an expiration date.

Specnatz
04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/vickjury1ca8.jpg

V Man
04-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Saw this on another site. Too Funny

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jeffrey_flanagan/story/577814.html

Favorite Quote

The night also will include spotlights and escapee sirens.

bah007
04-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Funny, but ridiculous

Errant Hothy
04-16-2008, 02:31 PM

Favorite Quote

:spit:

I love small town minor league baseball.

Texan_Bill
04-16-2008, 02:32 PM

Favorite Quote

Funny... Now if this was posted in the "You Laugh, You Lose" thread - I would have lost....

Specnatz
04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
:spit: I am laughing my ass off. Funny stuff.

TA Jr. 71
04-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Nice Jerseys wonder if the Falcons are going to pick them up.

I though it was funny..:spit:

Showtime100
07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
In very related news............

Vick files for bankruptcy protection (http://www.ajc.com/news/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/07/08/vick_0709.html)

Attorney says imprisoned Falcons QB is in a "precarious financial position"

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER, STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Just seven months after Michael Vick was sentenced to federal prison, the fallen Falcons quarterback found himself in a "precarious financial position" and filed for bankruptcy protection. One of his creditors is the Falcons.

In Chapter 11 documents filed in federal court in Virginia on Monday, Vick cites debts of between $10-50 million dollars. He also cites assets in the same range. (link above)

I wonder where it all went?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/IMG_15561.jpghttp://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/mzlucy.jpg

Texecutioner
07-08-2008, 04:45 PM
In very related news............

Vick files for bankruptcy protection (http://www.ajc.com/news/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/07/08/vick_0709.html)

Attorney says imprisoned Falcons QB is in a "precarious financial position"

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER, STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Just seven months after Michael Vick was sentenced to federal prison, the fallen Falcons quarterback found himself in a "precarious financial position" and filed for bankruptcy protection. One of his creditors is the Falcons.

In Chapter 11 documents filed in federal court in Virginia on Monday, Vick cites debts of between $10-50 million dollars. He also cites assets in the same range. (link above)

I wonder where it all went?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/IMG_15561.jpghttp://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/mzlucy.jpg

Priceless!!!

Specnatz
07-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I hope a Judge says you are not going to be granted the protection of chapter 11.

Showtime100
07-09-2008, 09:28 AM
I hope a Judge says you are not going to be granted the protection of chapter 11.

And what have a I done to make you wish such evil things upon me? It's not like I murdered a bunch of innocent dogs or anything.

HOU-TEX
07-09-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm stoked, this thread is back!

Signed,

Sarcastic Bastard

Texan_Bill
11-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Michael Vick pleads to state dogfighting charge
By LARRY O'DELL – 2 hours ago

SUSSEX, Va. (AP) — Former NFL quarterback Michael Vick pleaded guilty Tuesday to a state dogfighting charge, a move that could make him eligible to leave prison early and potentially speed up a return to pro football.

Vick, 28, arrived wearing wrist and ankle shackles with his gray suit, but the restraints were removed by the time he entered his plea. The one-time Atlanta Falcons star also pleaded not guilty to a count of cruelty to animals, but that charge was dropped under his plea deal.

He received a three-year suspended sentence — far less than the maximum of 10 years he could have faced.

"I want to apologize to the court, my family, and to all the kids who looked up to me as a role model," Vick told the judge.

Entire Article here: AP Article: Michael Vick pleads to state dogfighting charge (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i4QoE0BZvO8ruoETnG4lONKF4f1AD94M47H00)

PS.... HOU-TEX should really be stoked now. :)

HOU-TEX
11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Entire Article here: AP Article: Michael Vick pleads to state dogfighting charge (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i4QoE0BZvO8ruoETnG4lONKF4f1AD94M47H00)

PS.... HOU-TEX should really be stoked now. :)

-Neg Rep

Signed,

Sarcastic Bastard....:winky:

Double Barrel
11-25-2008, 06:02 PM
We should give him a chance to tryout. Schaub has a great track record of being a backup to Vick. ;)

drewmar74
11-25-2008, 06:10 PM
We should give him a chance to tryout. Schaub has a great track record of being a backup to Vick. ;)

He was healthy behind Vick.

Dude, seriously, I couldn't pull for the team if we signed Ron Mexico.

Double Barrel
11-25-2008, 06:27 PM
He was healthy behind Vick.

Dude, seriously, I couldn't pull for the team if we signed Ron Mexico.

I hope my sarcasm was obvious. I don't want Vick here. (And I'm not sure if I want his broken backup here, either! hehe, j/k!)

GuerillaBlack
11-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Atlanta sure did pass us up though.

Sal Rosenberg
11-25-2008, 08:47 PM
He worked in the ZBS

Drew_Smoke
11-25-2008, 08:53 PM
If Leonard Little is in the league then it is BULLSH*T if Pacman or Vick or anyone else is banned....period.

The Texans are too conservative to bring in Vick.

Da Raiders will do it.

Doing what Vick did was wack and punk arse. I don't get the fighting dogs thing. It isn't the worst thing that one has done.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Vick won't be going anywhere except the Arena League. He is basically a blacklisted player, its just unspoken and unofficial for legal reasons. The NFL doesn't want Vick back and the owners understand that and realize the immense public pressure your franchise would be under by taking Vick in at this point in time. The media, PETA, and an almost universal majority of fanbases would be down their team owners throats....its just not worth it. Maybe Detroit if he plays Arena ball and looks good and works out the kinks.

I think what Vick did was horrible and reprehensible but some people are just raised differently and if he learned a lesson about being humane and about the responsibility of being a role model as an NFL QB, then I feel he deserves a chance. I just don't think he is going to get a sniff. It's just not worth it at the end of the day. Risk V. Reward. not worth it.

nunusguy
11-26-2008, 09:53 AM
SUSSEX, Va. -- Former NFL quarterback Michael Vick pleaded guilty Tuesday to a state dogfighting charge, a move that could make him eligible to leave prison early and potentially speed up a return to pro football.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3725060
Time to give Vick a second chance in the NFL ?

drewmar74
11-26-2008, 10:00 AM
I hope my sarcasm was obvious. I don't want Vick here. (And I'm not sure if I want his broken backup here, either! hehe, j/k!)

Oh, I didn't need the sarcasm meter on that one. I read you five by five.

Now, you start talking about signing Jeff George... now we're getting somewhere!

Atlanta sure did pass us up though.

Ain't that the damn truth. Essentially the same defensive players less DeAngelo Hall (addition by subtraction?), a rookie QB, and the Burner. We're eating their dust at present.

HOU-TEX
11-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Vick won't be going anywhere except the Arena League. He is basically a blacklisted player, its just unspoken and unofficial for legal reasons. The NFL doesn't want Vick back and the owners understand that and realize the immense public pressure your franchise would be under by taking Vick in at this point in time. The media, PETA, and an almost universal majority of fanbases would be down their team owners throats....its just not worth it. Maybe Detroit if he plays Arena ball and looks good and works out the kinks.

I think what Vick did was horrible and reprehensible but some people are just raised differently and if he learned a lesson about being humane and about the responsibility of being a role model as an NFL QB, then I feel he deserves a chance. I just don't think he is going to get a sniff. It's just not worth it at the end of the day. Risk V. Reward. not worth it.

Actually, if he is reinstated by the league (please no Lord) then I believe the Falcons will own the rights for him.

The1ApplePie
11-26-2008, 10:24 AM
If Little can kill somebody and be in the NFL then Vick should be. End of story

Texan_Bill
11-26-2008, 10:38 AM
True, but unfortunately one has nothing to do with the other. Tagliabue was the Commish that allowed Little to play. Goodell is the commish now and has shown less tolerance for douchebaggery..

drewmar74
11-26-2008, 07:56 PM
douchebaggery..

Great word!

mexican_texan
11-26-2008, 08:48 PM

You brought up good points, but Al Davis would love to spite the league by signing him.

Second Honeymoon
11-26-2008, 10:27 PM
You brought up good points, but Al Davis would love to spite the league by signing him.

i don't know, man. the raiders are already fully invested in JaMarcus Russell. they aren't going to give up on Russell this early and he has shown some signs of late. He wouldn't mind p**sing off the rest of the NFL and giving them the finger but its just not in the cards.

I really feel he is going to have to play in the CFL or Arena leagues in order to earn a chance and by then he is a year older and another year away from the NFL. He will get his freedom back by serving the time thus paying his 'debt to society' but he is going to have to pay some more dues to try and salvage his NFL career. If he plays well, someone will come a calling but its not going to happen overnight.

as for his 'semi-pro' career, he would increase visibility of those respective leagues. You know ESPN is going to be showing highlights on Sportscenter if he plays in another league.

El Tejano
11-26-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't want the dude because he stayed in school just so we wouldn't draft him to begin with. Oh I remember how he said that was his reason for staying in school.

nunusguy
02-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Falcons seeking to trade rights to Michael Vick
1 hour ago

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff says the Falcons will try to trade the contract rights on Michael Vick to another team.

In an interview that appeared on the team's website on Friday, Dimitroff said, "With regards to Michael Vick, we've decided to seek a trade of his contractual rights to another NFL club."

Vick is currently in federal prison on felony charges related to dogfighting and is scheduled to be released in July.

Vick has a contract that runs to 2013 and calls for him to receive a base salary of $9 million and a bonus of $6.43 million in 2009. The remainder of the contract is worth $45.11 million, with another possible $3 million in Pro Bowl bonuses.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ipvDoj2DqBHhnKxaUpFjqwURArpwD96ASS201

nunusguy
02-13-2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ipvDoj2DqBHhnKxaUpFjqwURArpwD96ASS201
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff says the Falcons will try to trade the contract rights on Michael Vick to another team.

In an interview that appeared on the team's website on Friday, Dimitroff said, "With regards to Michael Vick, we've decided to seek a trade of his contractual rights to another NFL club."

Vick is currently in federal prison on felony charges related to dogfighting and is scheduled to be released in July.

Vick has a contract that runs to 2013 and calls for him to receive a base salary of $9 million and a bonus of $6.43 million in 2009. The remainder of the contract is worth $45.11 million, with another possible $3 million in Pro Bowl bonuses.

Texan_Bill
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
This is weird. I see where nunusguy posted something like 14 minutes ago, but I can't see the post.. :wild:

Texan_Bill
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
I can't even see my own post.. wtf?

cuppacoffee
02-13-2009, 04:50 PM
News today that the Falcons were shopping his rights.

Any takers?

Texan_Bill
02-13-2009, 04:54 PM
This is stooooooooooopid. I still can't see the latest post (including mine). :brickwall:

cuppacoffee
02-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Somethings screwey. Posts aren't showing up.

I though I was 'breaking' the news but a dozen posters beat me too it but their posts aren't showing up.

BullBlitz
02-13-2009, 09:27 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/vickjury1ca8.jpg

Great cartoon. But I bet he gets another chance with some NFL team.

Texan_Bill
04-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Vick present in Virginia court hearingComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. -- A lawyer for suspended NFL star Michael Vick told a bankruptcy court Thursday that the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback has lined up a $10-an-hour construction job for when he gets out of prison.

Vick, 28, appeared in court for the first time in his bankruptcy case to explain to a judge how he plans to emerge from his financial problems. Before the hearing began, he turned around to wave and smile at family members sitting in the courtroom. He is expected to testify before the proceeding wraps up Friday.

"You will hear from Mr. Vick his future intentions, how he's going to change the way he lives his life," his lawyer, Michael Blumenthal, told U.S. Bankrputcy Judge Frank J. Santoro.

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence for bankrolling a dogfighting ring, and his bankruptcy plan is based on the goal of returning to a professional football career. He briefly left a federal prison in Kansas to attend the hearing. He's scheduled to be released from custody in July, but could be sent to home confinement in late May.

An agent for Vick said during court testimony that he hoped Vick could be back in the NFL by September.

Joel Segal testified as part of the hearing to assess Vick's bankruptcy plan.

If Vick is allowed to return, Segal said he would try to negotiate a one- or two-year contract that would include incentives for playing time and a starting position.

Vick, once one of the NFL's highest-paid players, plans to work 40 hours a week for $10 an hour at one of W.M. Jordan Co.'s 40 commercial construction jobs, said John Robert Lawson. His father, Robert Lawson, helped start the Newport News company.

Link: Vick present in Virginia court hearing (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4036263)

CloakNNNdagger
04-03-2009, 08:24 AM
If he can't get back into NFL, Vick announces that he will show a responsible plan to pay back his bankruptcy debts (http://www.wjbdradio.com/index.php?f=sports&sub=single&id=4651) with a $10 an hour job. The U.S. government's own Geitner must have guided him in putting this plan together.

He will also be meeting shortly with the NFL to allow re-entry in September. Vick in court: Michael Vick's agent says he hopes the former quarterback will be back in the NFL by September, but if not, his lawyer told a bankdruptcy court Vick has lined up a construction job when he gets out of prison. The 28-year old Vick appeared in court for the first time in his bankruptcy case to explain to a judge how he plans to emerge from his financial problems. He's expected to testify before the proceedings wraps up today. Vick is serving a 23-month sentence for bankrolling a dogfighting ring, and his bankruptcy plan is based on the goal of returning to professional football career.

Texan_Bill
04-03-2009, 08:26 AM
If he can't get back into NFL, Vick announces that he will show a responsible plan to pay back his bankruptcy debts (http://www.wjbdradio.com/index.php?f=sports&sub=single&id=4651) with a $10 an hour job. The U.S. government's own Geitner must have guided him in putting this plan together.

:spit: Nice!!!

CloakNNNdagger
04-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Vick offered up money he doesn't have to use for his reorganization plan along with keeping 3 vehicles and 2 of 5 homes. Such a deal!

Bankruptcy judge rejects Michael Vick's reorganization plan (http://hamptonroads.com/2009/04/bankruptcy-judge-rejects-michael-vicks-reorganization-plan)

The onetime Atlanta Falcons star quarterback filed for bankruptcy last year while in prison. Creditors later filed nearly $38 million in claims from failed investments, mortgaged homes and back taxes. After settling a contract dispute with the Falcons, Vick still owes, at least on paper, more than $20 million.

Vick offered a plan to spend about a million dollars to begin the reorganization process, but the judge ruled that there was no evidence that the plan would work, chiefly because Vick has no firm commitment from the NFL that he will be reinstated.

Vick's plan called for him to keep three vehicles and two of five homes, including a large house overlooking the Nansemond River in Suffolk, that would have been mortgaged for $2 million.

Second Honeymoon
04-04-2009, 12:01 PM
but if Vick is forced to give up 4 of his 5 homes and all but 4 of his cars, how will he continue to represent his hood? how can he continue to live the thug life when they take all his things away?

i think this is a perversion of justice. a worthless pile of crap like Vick should be able to keep all the things he can't afford and hasn't paid for. isn't that the American way? Vick better give Obama a call and get some bailout money real quick like.

Vick is a pile of doo-doo and for him to be so naive to think he even has 1 week in the NFL much less 10 years just shows you how stupid this loser is. His bankruptcy plan is an indictment of his 3rd grade intelligence and an indictment of the greed first mentality.

screw vick. screw you. go screw yourself mike.

CloakNNNdagger
04-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Vick chew toy in the NEWS (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/09/vick-chew-toy-company-gets-sued/). You can still get one before the company shuts down.

hot pickle
05-15-2009, 10:00 PM
i miss michael vick... bring him back in the nfl

im bored and just watched some highlights...

ChrisG
05-15-2009, 10:24 PM
i miss michael vick... bring him back in the nfl

im bored and just watched some highlights...

:foottap: Vick should burn in hell...i hope we never see him in the NFL again. Right now he is making 10$ an hour working in construction. He got an offer for an Albany NY Arena Football team for like 200 a game (so 200$ a week) LMAO

CloakNNNdagger
05-15-2009, 10:55 PM
:foottap: Vick should burn in hell...i hope we never see him in the NFL again. Right now he is making 10$ an hour working in construction. He got an offer for an Albany NY Arena Football team for like 200 a game (so 200$ a week) LMAO

You left out the $50 extra that he would receive for each winning game.:gun:

Hervoyel
05-15-2009, 11:30 PM

I disagree. I hope we do see him in the NFL again and I hope that he spends a lot of his time working to prevent the kind of abuse he was convicted of. I'd like nothing better than to see him finish paying his debt to society and turn his life around while doing something positive with it.

I wasn't even much of fan of his actually so I don't "miss" Michael Vick in the NFL. I just think that if you transgress against society then you should be allowed the chance to pay your debt and try to rebuild your life, preferably while incorporating whatever lesson you learned in the process. If you didn't learn anything then it's no big deal to let him resume his life anyway. He'll screw it up again shortly if he didn't learn his lesson.

edo783
05-15-2009, 11:40 PM
I disagree. I hope we do see him in the NFL again and I hope that he spends a lot of his time working to prevent the kind of abuse he was convicted of. I'd like nothing better than to see him finish paying his debt to society and turn his life around while doing something positive with it.

I wasn't even much of fan of his actually so I don't "miss" Michael Vick in the NFL. I just think that if you transgress against society then you should be allowed the chance to pay your debt and try to rebuild your life, preferably while incorporating whatever lesson you learned in the process. If you didn't learn anything then it's no big deal to let him resume his life anyway. He'll screw it up again shortly if he didn't learn his lesson.

Everyone deserves a second chance. However, if your a CFO and commit fraud or perhaps sexual harassment in the work place, do your think that person should go back to being a CFO? I would suspect few if any would be allowed to do so even after YEARS of competent work as say an accountant. I think he is getting his second chance by hanging sheet rock. Second chance doesn't mean back to where you were, but rather an OPPORTUNITY to have a reasonably successful work life and a normal general life.

CloakNNNdagger
05-16-2009, 08:58 AM
One thing that I have noticed lacking in all the extensive coverage of Vick, is the point that Vick's dog-fighting "big" business was allowed to thrive BECAUSE of his monies generated though his status in the NFL. He would have, otherwise, been relegated to a back room "game" played right next to the shuffle cup game.

I say when he pays off his debts with non-NFL dollars, and he has shown definite contrition, he should definitely be given another shot at the NFL. At $10 an hour, and, maybe sneaking away for the occasional arena football game, he should be NFL-ready by this time next century. :mcnugget:

mattieuk
05-16-2009, 09:27 AM
If someone wants to give him a roster spot, fine. Don't really mind, or care. Hes served his time, and I wouldn't be surprised if no one wants to sign him up. If I were a GM, I wouldn't touch him. But that said, I can see why he would be looked at. Although, I don't think he will be back at the starting QB for anyone. I think he's more likely going to be picked up as a throwing HB, who can play in wildcat style plays, and he should do alright...he can throw a bit (not enough to lead a team anywhere), hasn't had that many hits after a few years out.

I just don't really see anyone saying "Here Mike, heres the keys, take us to the off-season."

CloakNNNdagger
05-16-2009, 10:01 AM
If someone wants to give him a roster spot, fine. Don't really mind, or care. Hes served his time, and I wouldn't be surprised if no one wants to sign him up. If I were a GM, I wouldn't touch him. But that said, I can see why he would be looked at. Although, I don't think he will be back at the starting QB for anyone. I think he's more likely going to be picked up as a throwing HB, who can play in wildcat style plays, and he should do alright...he can throw a bit (not enough to lead a team anywhere), hasn't had that many hits after a few years out.

I just don't really see anyone saying "Here Mike, heres the keys, take us to the off-season."

That was the case while he was in the league. He should do alright...........in arena football...........and he'll feel right at home playing in a smaller "pit." And if he can't produce, maybe they'll attach live wires to his testicles and flip the switch.

nunusguy
05-16-2009, 10:07 AM
:foottap: Vick should burn in hell
Grow up !
Vick killed some Pitt-Bulls, big deal when one considers widows in this state get less time in the slammer, maybe even walk, for killing their spouse. And he also lost a personal fortune.
Vicks punishment was extremely disproportionatly excessive for the crime IMO. Blame that on the nuts at PETA.
Of course he should be given another chance and he will. It's only right.

DBCooper
05-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Grow up !
Vick killed some Pitt-Bulls, big deal when one considers widows in this state get less time in the slammer, maybe even walk, for killing their spouse. And he also lost a personal fortune.
Vicks punishment was extremely disproportionatly excessive for the crime IMO. Blame that on the nuts at PETA.

It's a big deal to me.

Hervoyel
05-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Everyone deserves a second chance. However, if your a CFO and commit fraud or perhaps sexual harassment in the work place, do your think that person should go back to being a CFO? I would suspect few if any would be allowed to do so even after YEARS of competent work as say an accountant. I think he is getting his second chance by hanging sheet rock. Second chance doesn't mean back to where you were, but rather an OPPORTUNITY to have a reasonably successful work life and a normal general life.

I don't think you can't honestly compare the positions of CFO and professional QB or the crimes in relation to the job. One position can be done by any number of people on the planet with the proper training and education. The other position can only be done by a relative handful of people on the planet and while their training and education in the role is important there's very little doubt that simple raw ability is even more important.

Keep in mind the level of the crime as it relates to their respective careers.

If an NFL QB had a gambling problem and was shown to have bet on games he'd played in then I think that would be the equivalent to a CFO cooking the books at the business he worked for. Neither one would ever get a chance to work at that level again. Michael Vick fighting dogs and even betting on the outcomes of those fights isn't the same as Vick being accused of throwing a game for a bet or something like that. It's bad yes and I was happy to see him get busted but it's not "Never play QB again" bad. Your CFO who gets busted for sexual harrassment would indeed work as an accountant again and he might very well rise to that level again over time but here is where I don't agree with your comparison. The CFO lives and works in "the real world" while Vick is more accurately compared to someone like Robert Downey Jr. who has been to prison more than once and has a notorious substance abuse problem. When he gets out though there is always a job waiting for him right back in the field he was in before. He might not be a leading man when he comes out but given a few years of staying out of trouble and an opportunity he's starring in "Iron Man" and back on top.

Athletes like Vick and actors like Downey Jr. are celebrities and the rules are not the same for them as they are for Joe CFO. Right or wrong that's just true and accepting the reality of that is just being a realist.

Paying your debt to society means being square with them and owing nothing. If you're in that position then you have the right to go as high as your abilities will take you. Nobody said you might not have to overcome the baggage you've loaded yourself down with but you can shoot for the top if you like.

Goldensilence
05-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Grow up !

Do you own a dog?

ObsiWan
05-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Grow up !

Excellent perspective.
At the risk of offending the more delicate pet owners here's the deal...

Dogs die every day at the pound or get run over in the streets by cars.

So should the workers at the pound or the guy who hits a dog with his car go to jail?
No.

and if you take your own dog out in the woods and put a bullet in his head because you're tired of him crapping on your carpet or are just tired of feeding him, no one will hunt you down and jail you for it.

So don't get it twisted. Vick went to jail because of the gambling operation. The press (and the prosecution) used the dog torture angle to boost ratings and to skew the jury. If all they had on Vick was the dog-killing angle, he wouldn't have done more than a few months... If that.

Hervoyel
05-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Excellent perspective.

So should the workers at the pound or the guy who hits a dog with his car go to jail?
No.

and if you take your own dog out in the woods and put a bullet in his head because you're tired of him crapping on your carpet or are just tired of feeding him, no one will hunt you down and jail you for it.

So don't get it twisted. Vick went to jail because of the gambling operation. The press (and the prosecution) used the dog torture angle to boost ratings and to skew the jury. If all they had on Vick was the dog-killing angle, he wouldn't have done more than a few months... If that.

I could not disagree with you more on this. A worker at the pound who has to euthanize a dog that either cannot be placed in a home because of temperament or is not adopted for whatever reasons or someone who has a dog dart out in front of them can't be compared to Michael Vick. To borrow (and clean up) a line from Pulp Fiction "this ain't the same ball park. It ain't the same league. It ain't even the same sport."

The fact that dogs die every day doesn't give people license to do what Vick did. I am not an apologist for the man. I just see the criminal justice system in this country as being a fairly straightforward thing. You get caught, you get tried, you get sentenced, and you do your time/pay your penalty. Once that's done you rejoin society and attempt to resume your life sans the activity you should have learned is not acceptable.

Vick was also convicted on the state level for dog fighting. He got 3 years suspended sentence and a small fine but granted these paled in comparison to his federal convictions. He pled guilty to the state charges which means they spared the taxpayers the cost of trial and settled. I'm good with that.

Mike Kerns
05-18-2009, 09:05 AM
As much as I despise him for what he did, everyone deserves a 2nd chance. He should just be on a real short leash (no pun intended).

TimeKiller
05-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Do you own a dog?
Why should this matter in the least?

I don't own a pet but it sure wouldn't change my perspective on this. Time served+debt to society paid=free man. Doesn't matter if it was for dog-killing, people-killing, rape, arson, theft, gambling, whateva....

If no GM touches him with a 10 foot pole, it's nobody's fault except Vick's.

The negativity and hatred toward Vick is barely warranted, if at all. Like he could actually get away with another dog fighting ring if he wanted to. He's still got 3 members of PETA spying on him at all times.

BigBull17
05-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Excellent perspective.

No.

Big difference. If you believe only half of what is said, he removed teeth from female dogs and let other dogs kill them for training. Thats a little worse than getting euthanizing. Hung by the neck till dead. A little worse than getting euthenised. Vick did some really horrible things. My opinion is he shouldn't be allowed back, but I'm just glad there is no way he'll be a Texan. I personally guarantee I won't cheer for any team that signs him.

HoustonFrog
05-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Excellent perspective.

No.

I know this thread is going to explode so I'll get out while I can. But before I do I want to say that the bolded above is such a horrible comparison, I don't know what to say. Pounds euthanize dogs because their is no room and no one wants them. It's humane. Someone hitting a dog with their car is an accident. A person training dogs to kill each other by brutalizing them with devices and having rape stands, etc is sadistic and effed up. Sorry your argument holds ZERO weight.

People need to realize that it is more than killing dogs. It is an illegal act...not only an illegal act but one where he headed it. It was a major gambling operation also. Stop looking at one act. You can't just break laws that are in the books and then make excuses. It's the equivalent of assaulting a person and then saying people get bruised falling down every day, what's the difference.

As for Vick, he will get another chance and I'm fine with it. If he can stay clean the NFL platform will give him the chance to show he made right and to speak out against what he did. If he screws up, the fall will be even steeper and his chance for any menaingful work will be out the window.

CloakNNNdagger
05-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Vick grew up fighting dogs. Many studies have strongly linked animal abuse with criminality, especially violent criminality. FYI, this is a backgrounder that explains the basis for animal abuse criminal code (http://www.mindytran.com/animalabuseserialkillerconnection.htm).

Blake
05-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Excellent perspective.

No.

I know a couple of others have already touched on your post here, but it is such a horrible post on so many levels that I will reply as well.

Yes, dogs die everyday. So that makes it ok to kill them in your head?

You know, now that I think of it, people die everyday too. So the act of killing people might as well go unpunished because as Obsiwan so delicately put it, they die everyday.

And yes, nobody is going to track you down if you take your dog ALONE to the woods and shoot it. I would assume because nobody is there to see it, or knows about your dog... But lets see how long you stay out of jail if you just start blasting dogs in front of your neighbors.

You should probably stop posting in this thread because you are way off base here...

Grams
05-18-2009, 11:37 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/18/the-case-for-now-against-a-second-chance-for-michael-vick/#more-14435

This is rather lengthly so I have just posted the link - but the last paragraph sums it up pretty clearly, I think.

Quote:

This isn’t about whether Vick has paid his debt to society; it’s about whether he can be trusted to reverse years of horrible decision, and to represent the NFL and the team that gives him another opportunity to play pro football with the kind of dignity and honor that he rarely displayed during his six seasons in the NFL.

CloakNNNdagger
05-18-2009, 12:37 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/18/the-case-for-now-against-a-second-chance-for-michael-vick/#more-14435

This is rather lengthly so I have just posted the link - but the last paragraph sums it up pretty clearly, I think.

Quote:

This isn’t about whether Vick has paid his debt to society; it’s about whether he can be trusted to reverse years of horrible decision, and to represent the NFL and the team that gives him another opportunity to play pro football with the kind of dignity and honor that he rarely displayed during his six seasons in the NFL.

In line with one of my previous posts, Vick USED the NFL to further his perversity. He should not be allowed to use the NFL to solve its consequences. From the piece linked above:

The facts that we know right now paint a picture that is as simple as it is barbaric.

Mike Vick entered the NFL with an agenda. Not to revolutionize the quarterback position, but to devote a chunk of his newfound riches to the establishment of a secret dogfighting operation.

By all appearances, it was a long-term goal shared mutually by Vick and his clique. Once one of them made enough money to finance the endeavor, they’d begin fighting dogs.

Sure, this abomination can be shrugged off by folks who now hope to witness one of the more dramatic redemption stories of our time as a “mistake” flowing from a combination of cultural dynamics and an inability by Vick to separate from a network of friends into whom God neglected to add souls.

But the reality is that Vick knew, on every day of his life, that his actions were illegal.

Texecutioner
05-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Great post and I totally agree IN HIS CASE, but not everyone elses. He should be able to come back if you ask me and try to rebuild his career. I don't think we'll ever see him as a full time starting NFL QB ever again though. He'll most likely either be a back up QB on a team, or move into the slot as a WR and wild cat formation kind of guy.

hot pickle
05-18-2009, 12:55 PM
well i didnt want this to turn into an animal cruelity thread... i just wanted to say he was a great football player and is extremely talented. and i miss watching him play cause he was exciting.. and know one in the league can even compare to him....

Texecutioner
05-18-2009, 01:10 PM
and know one in the league can even compare to him....

Well could you clarify this statement please? What do you mean no one in the league could even compare to him? He wasn't a good QB at all in his last season or really in his last two seasons? Schaub was practically at the point where he was about to become the starter and Vick had been regressing his last 3 seasons. I'm not sure what you were talking about as far as no one being able to compare to him, but from a QB stand point that would be a pretty laughable statement. Now maybe you meant from a big time play maker's stand point, then I do agree that he was exciting, but only when he would run the ball. His arm was awful and he had really poor accuracy.

hot pickle
05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
i mean excitment wise.... there adrian peterson... but i meant in terms of being an exciting QB to watch i didnt say he was a good qb lol

Texecutioner
05-18-2009, 02:05 PM
i mean excitment wise.... there adrian peterson... but i meant in terms of being an exciting QB to watch i didnt say he was a good qb lol

Well that is what I was asking? I figured that was what you meant, but wasn't sure. He is exciting when he runs the ball, but not as a passer because he is a really poor passer.

That is why if he is moved to WR he could be exciting to watch, but I don't think that he's going to have the same types of wheels that he had before.

TimeKiller
05-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, I guess there is only one way to find out...you're right though, this isn't about whether he's paid his debt to society...that's over with and done.

In line with one of my previous posts, Vick USED the NFL to further his perversity. He should not be allowed to use the NFL to solve its consequences. From the piece linked above:
That piece is a load of crap which is something you don't post often.

Vick played in the NFL just to start a dogfighting ring? I guess he was making more money fighting than playing? Doubtful, anyway that's like saying a doctor goes to work to finance his arson squad. Or a janitor goes to work to finance a network of pick-pockets. Totally unrelated.

Mike Kerns
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Do you own a dog?

I really dont think that should factor into a 2nd chance. Trust me, I was outraged when the story broke. I breed Dobermans and am now even more careful about who I sell them to because I dont want them to be used for dog fighting. But, again, if the guy has reformed, give him a chance to prove himself.

Being a Falcons fan as well as Texans, I can say that I dont want him on either of those two teams though. Guy is good for some highlights, but he really isnt that good of a QB overall. Just my opinion.

CloakNNNdagger
05-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Well, I guess there is only one way to find out...you're right though, this isn't about whether he's paid his debt to society...that's over with and done.

That piece is a load of crap which is something you don't post often.

Vick played in the NFL just to start a dogfighting ring? I guess he was making more money fighting than playing? Doubtful, anyway that's like saying a doctor goes to work to finance his arson squad. Or a janitor goes to work to finance a network of pick-pockets. Totally unrelated.

I very much appreciate your "kind" commentary on my "load of crap" post. I believe, though, that there is quite a difference between what I posted ("Vick USED the NFL to further his perversity") and your translation of "Vick played in the NFL just to start a dogfighting ring." Meanwhile, I stand by my "load of crap" post.

BigBull17
05-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I very much appreciate your "kind" commentary on my "load of crap" post. I believe, though, that there is quite a difference between what I posted ("Vick USED the NFL to further his perversity") and your translation of "Vick played in the NFL just to start a dogfighting ring." Meanwhile, I stand by my "load of crap" post.

:goodpost:

Yeah, I remember hearing that Vick was always obsessed with dog fighting. He most definitely used his pro football money to fund his goal. What happens when you give him that money again, will he do the same thing, just hide it better.

infantrycak
05-19-2009, 10:17 AM

This is completely backwards. Vick was not indicted or tried on any gambling charges. In fact, the gambling has not been addressed at all and leaves Goodell in a position to lifetime ban Vick from the NFL.

HOU-TEX
05-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Boy, am I happy to see this thread back. :dontknowa

Texan_Bill
05-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Boy, am I happy to see this thread back. :dontknowa

:spit: I figured you would be!! :smiliedance:

DBCooper
05-19-2009, 10:45 AM
well i didnt want this to turn into an animal cruelity thread... i just wanted to say he was a great football player and is extremely talented. and i miss watching him play cause he was exciting.. and know one in the league can even compare to him....

You know what would be exciting?

Tie Vick to a pole in a ring and let 3 hungry and abused pitbulls have their way with him.

Now we're talking Primetime!

HOU-TEX
05-19-2009, 10:56 AM
:spit: I figured you would be!! :smiliedance:

Vick, Favre and TO are the primary reason's I haven't watched my news (NFLTA) lately. I understand it's the off season and all, but damn, can't they limit the amount of time they spend on a subject? I mean, just give an update on the situation each show and move on. It pisses me off!

Mike Kerns
05-19-2009, 11:18 AM
You know what would be exciting?

Tie Vick to a pole in a ring and let 3 hungry and abused pitbulls have their way with him.

Now we're talking Primetime!

I'd check it out...

CloakNNNdagger
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Goodell defined today what he means by "REMORSE":

(1) did he learn anything?

[Vick response: Payback's a mutha!]

(2) does he regret what happened?

[Vick response: Does a bear shit in the woods?...........If I had it all to do over, I wouldn't get caught]

(3) does he plan to try make positive changes in the future?

[Vick response: I will avoid being falsely acused of spreading things.......I will no longer touch or sit on any more filthy toilet seats before doing the dirty.]

Texan_Bill
05-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Goodell defined today what he means by "REMORSE":

(1) did he learn anything?

[Vick response: Payback's a mutha!]

(2) does he regret what happened?

[Vick response: Does a bear shit in the woods?...........If I had it all to do over, I wouldn't get caught]

(3) does he plan to try make positive changes in the future?

[Vick response: I will avoid being falsely acused of spreading things.......I will no longer touch or sit on any more filthy toilet seats before doing the dirty.]

What was his response when asked about false aliases, like Ron Mexico?

gtexan02
05-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Excellent perspective.

No.

Wow. Unbelieveable...

swtbound07
05-20-2009, 12:46 PM
I like Vick, and hope he gets back in. I see Seattle and Cincy as possible landing spots for him, maybe buffalo as well.

Drew_Smoke
05-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Maybe more dipshits will give me reddies for saying that he should be able to resume his life.

He f'ed up...he paid the price the law set...he's done. Are you really someone that can point at anyone else? Must be great to be perfect.

Leonard Little is sill playing. THAT is crap!

And I still point at the drunk judge's daughter that killed her passenger...sued the guy she RAN INTO the back of...bragged at the ER her "Daddy is judge!"...got a bogus punishment and was unprecedently released from it.

But a dude betting on and capping dawgs is a pariah.

Yep...whatever.

gtexan02
05-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Maybe more dipshits will give me reddies for saying that he should be able to resume his life.

He f'ed up...he paid the price the law set...he's done. Are you really someone that can point at anyone else? Must be great to be perfect.

And I still point at the drunk judge's daughter that killed her passenger...sued the guy she RAN INTO the back of...bragged at the ER her "Daddy is judge!"...got a bogus punishment and was unprecedently released from it.

But a dude betting on and capping dawgs is a pariah.

Yep...whatever.

Why do people focus so much on the gambling? Its not that he killed dogs, its the way he went about it. Theres a difference in ending a life and taking pleasure in torturing a life away. Its the same reason that someone who kills their spouse after they catch them cheating is punished differently than someone who kills and tortures their victims in premeditated means. Intent is important in our legal system

Who cares about other circumstances? The examples you gave are just reasons that Vick's time in jail was a good thing. Too many people get away with too much crap. Everyone should be held accountable to the same standards. There were laws written, punishments outlined. Vick broke those laws, and was punished according to the outlined manner.

Do I think he should be allowed back? Yup. He paid his debt to society, I think its fair to give him a second chance.

Would I as an owner take him? No way in hell. Football is about selling your team, and I wouldn't want a PR disaster like that.

infantrycak
05-20-2009, 01:28 PM
He f'ed up...he paid the price the law set...he's done.

He hasn't paid the price set under the collective bargaining agreement for the gambling offenses which can be up to lifetime ban.

Little was a one time offender. Little different than an almost decade long multi-state criminal enterprise.

Having said that, I have no objection if Goodell doesn't further punish him but I doubt owners are going to line up to get him and I don't want him on the Texans (but that is because he isn't a very good QB).

LonerATO
05-20-2009, 03:07 PM
He hasn't paid the price set under the collective bargaining agreement for the gambling offenses which can be up to lifetime ban.

Little was a one time offender. Little different than an almost decade long multi-state criminal enterprise.

Having said that, I have no objection if Goodell doesn't further punish him but I doubt owners are going to line up to get him and I don't want him on the Texans (but that is because he isn't a very good QB).

So killing a man carries less weight then if you had a gambling operation?

swtbound07
05-20-2009, 03:13 PM

No.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/rams/2004-04-26-little-charged_x.htm

gtexan02
05-20-2009, 03:16 PM

I think theres a few differences.

1) Leonard was convicted of manslaughter, not murder. Again, intent
2) Gambling in professional sports is viewed as one of the most serious crimes possible
3) Leonards conviction was convicted in 1998. Different commishioner with a different set of priorities.

If Little was convicted today, he probably would be banned by the commish as well. We will ahve to wait and see what happens with Stallworth. Same crime, different time period. Heres to hoping that the commisioner regards manslaughter as serious enough to consider a serious punishment

gtexan02
05-20-2009, 03:16 PM
No.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/rams/2004-04-26-little-charged_x.htm

I think you missed the word "was" in his post...when he was convicted in 1998 it was his first offense

infantrycak
05-20-2009, 03:41 PM

So all killing is now equal? Gambling in any form or connection is all equal?--and I guess you want to ignore the whole dog thing. Being a single offense is part of the equation as is the severity of the harm, just as having a long standing, intentional, multi-state, criminal enterprise is part of the equation. Try comparing the potential prison sentences and you will see how the laws applied to each weigh them. Involuntary manslaughter carried a max of 7 years. Vick could have been sentenced to more than two decades.

No.

I think you missed the word "was" in his post...when he was convicted in 1998 it was his first offense

Leonard Little was convicted a single time. He was charged a second time and acquitted in trial. He is therefore a one time offender.

CloakNNNdagger
05-20-2009, 04:41 PM
So all killing is now equal? Gambling in any form or connection is all equal?--and I guess you want to ignore the whole dog thing. Being a single offense is part of the equation as is the severity of the harm, just as having a long standing, intentional, multi-state, criminal enterprise is part of the equation. Try comparing the potential prison sentences and you will see how the laws applied to each weigh them. Involuntary manslaughter carried a max of 7 years. Vick could have been sentenced to more than two decades.
In support of Infantrycak's assertion. Just a direct out take of the CBA contract agreement signed by all NFL players.:
[LINK TO THE ENTIRE CONTRACT] (http://nflplayers.com/user/template.aspx?fmid=181&lmid=231&pid=708&type=c)

15. INTEGRITY OF GAME. Player recognizes the detriment to the League and professional football that would result from impairment of public confidence in the honest and orderly conduct of NFL games or the integrity and good character of NFL players. Player therefore acknowledges his awareness that if he accepts a bribe or agrees to throw or fix an NFL game; fails to promptly report a bribe offer or an attempt to throw or fix an NFL game; bets on an NFL game; knowingly associates with gamblers or gambling activity; uses or provides other players with stimulants or other drugs for the purpose of attempting to enhance on-field performance; or is guilty of any other form of conduct reasonably judged by the League Commissioner to be detrimental to the League or professional football, the Commissioner will have the right, but only after giving Player the opportunity for a hearing at which he may be represented by counsel of his choice, to fine Player in a reasonable amount; to suspend Player for a period certain or indefinitely; and/or to terminate this contract.

CloakNNNdagger
05-21-2009, 09:24 PM
A resounding "vote of confidence" (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/05/jerry-jones-indicates-cowboys-have-no-in.html)for Romo in response to if Jerry Jones is considering Vick for the Cowboys. If I were Romo, I would be so grateful for such an endorsement by his boss:

His response to a question about whether the Cowboys might be interested in Mike Vick was quick and simple: "Romo is our guy."

steelbtexan
05-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Vick has a right to rebuild his life.

It just might not include football.

Why is it assumed if he cant play football there is no way he can be a productive member of society?

He could be a productive member of society making $10 a hour working construction?

StarStruck
05-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Vick has a right to rebuild his life.

It just might not include football.

Why is it assumed if he cant play football there is no way he can be a productive member of society?

He could be a productive member of society making $10 a hour working construction?

I didn't realize that salaries were that low in construction. If so, I don't see how $10/hr, $80/day, $400/week, $1600/month less social security and tax is a productive member of society. Somehow I don't see poverty and productivity being partners. Surely, he could exist, but that's about it.

Ole Miss Texan
05-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Wow, there are just too many awful posts in this thread for me to even begin commenting. I feel dumber just by visiting here.

CloakNNNdagger
05-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Though I am not one that would like to see Vick back in the NFL, especially without at least a year of staying totally out of trouble in an “uncontrolled environment,” I do believe that there is one way that Vick will feel the total impact of consequences that cannot even slightly compare to his incarceration. If he is reinstated, one of the following scenarios would be very likely: 1)He is rejected outright by all teams or 2)He is signed for peanuts and, quite possibly as a pseudo “wildcat” or non-QB and/or 3)He embarrasses himself as a total bust in whatever capacity he returns. I believe that then, and only then, will Vick truly appreciate the magnitude of his poor choices.

ubecool454
05-22-2009, 09:25 AM

Laugh all you want...Vick will be back in the league and he won't be making $200 a week. Its funny how most of the NFL players and coaches and the owners all say he deserves another chance and alot of silly hating fans don't think he does. Man stop hating on the man because he made a stupid mistake. You , me and every other person on the planet has screwed up whether we were caught or not. Let it go.

ubecool454
05-22-2009, 09:38 AM
It's a big deal to me.

why did he kill your dog? Peta clowns kill dogs on a regular basis. What he did was not right but I just can't put dogs on the level with humans....thats why they are called dogs.

ubecool454
05-22-2009, 09:42 AM

Leonard little a one time offender..lol. He killed a human being. Little had many DUIs before he finally killed someone.

ubecool454
05-22-2009, 09:46 AM
I wonder if race plays in on the way the Vick haters view this whole thing? Just wondering because this is still America.:foottap:

Grams
05-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Man stop hating on the man because he made a stupid mistake. You , me and every other person on the planet has screwed up whether we were caught or not. Let it go.

This was just not A stupid mistake. He ran an illegal operation for several years with gambling invoived. Then lied to the commissioner's face that he was not involved in anything illegal.

I think he still needs to be suspended - at least for a year, as I do not think that the indefinite suspension while he was in jail should not count as he could not have played anyway.

If after that year's suspension, some team want to give him a shot at a comeback - fine. As long as it is not the Texans.

Grams
05-22-2009, 09:50 AM
I wonder if race plays in on the way the Vick haters view this whole thing? Just wondering because this is still America.:foottap:

That was uncool.

infantrycak
05-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Little had many DUIs before he finally killed someone.

Sure he did. There is a reason when he was arrested in 2004 it was called the second arrest. Care to guess why?

I wonder if race plays in on the way the Vick supporters view this whole thing?

See how that works?

Grams
05-22-2009, 10:13 AM
I do not care what color Vick is. He could be sky blue pink with purple polkadots for that matter.

He ran an illegal operation. He KNEW it was illegal when he started it. He LIED to the commissioner's face and said he was not involved in any way. I think he still needs to serve a suspension.

As to players with DUI's. They also need to be suspended - at least 6 games the first time. A year the second and for life for a 3rd.

Those that drink, drive and kill someone needs to be banned from the NFL for life - even if not convicted, but based on the facts. I don't care if it is Manning or Stallworth. You drink, you drive, you kill someone - you no longer play football in the NFL. Only then will these guys with DUI's look up and take notice and maybe change their actions.

Texan_Bill
05-22-2009, 10:17 AM
This was just not A stupid mistake. He ran an illegal operation for several years with gambling invoived. Then lied to the commissioner's face that he was not involved in anything illegal.

I'm all for giving second chances and dude has served his time, but he's damn lucky the Attorney General didn't go after him on RICO statutes...

HOU-TEX
05-22-2009, 10:21 AM

Looky, looky, it's the race card again. Imagine f--kin that !

If it makes you feel any better, I'm white and I think Ryan Leaf is pushing Vick for the recent dumbass award.

CloakNNNdagger
05-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Laugh all you want...Vick will be back in the league and he won't be making $200 a week. Its funny how most of the NFL players and coaches and the owners all say he deserves another chance and alot of silly hating fans don't think he does. Man stop hating on the man because he made a stupid mistake. You , me and every other person on the planet has screwed up whether we were caught or not. Let it go.

Sure, we've all screwed up............but very few of us, I would confidently say, on that scale, whether legally or morally. I personally resent your all-inclusive brush stroke. You can definitely cross ME off of that short list. I'd be curious to have a gut check count from the members of this board................BTW, since you have put yourself on that list, maybe someone should look more closely into YOUR sordid past.