PDA

View Full Version : All Encompassing Vick Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

CloakNNNdagger
08-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Vick should go to court (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/144197.html) so that Mr. Vick can help us "understand."

Iím hoping Vick calls all of his high-priced attorneys into a huddle and decides to fight the charges. Vick is innocent until proven guilty. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. But if he really did bankroll a dogfighting operation on his property, he deserves to sit in court while the world hears every last detail of this ghastly and despicable enterprise.

I say this with some trepidation, at the risk of being branded a racist. Last week, a Southern newspaper editor, a friend I know and respect, asked if I was going to write about Vick. He told me not to pile on Vick, like all the other white sports columnists.

ďItís only dogs,Ē he said. Then he pointed out that there are countless ďold white guysĒ around the country who do the same thing. They watch dogs rip each other to pieces in the name of gambling and entertainment. Itís not just Vick.

Thatís the sad truth. Dogfighting is a rising scourge in America. Wayne Pacelle, the president of the Humane Society of the United States, said in a blog that there are thousands of dogfighting enthusiasts in the country. Pacelle said the Vick case has raised awareness of the issue.

For the sake of all those poor, helpless dogs, thatís a good thing. If the feds believe a $130 million NFL player can be a useful symbol in the battle against animal abuse, who can blame them? Certainly not anyone who ever showed affection for a pet or felt genuine love in return.

Just boys being boys, right? Iím told dogfighting is hot in the rap music culture. Supposedly, Vick thought it was cool and honorable, an accepted pastime in his circle. Deion Sanders wrote a column in a Florida paper, explaining that Vick had a ďpassionĒ for dogfighting. Sanders said he knows many athletes who share that passion.

So what Iím hearing is that dogfighting is popular among a segment of young black men. And because Iím holding Vick up as an example ó instead of white men ó Iím an insensitive racist out of touch with young urban culture.

Look, I know thereís racism in this country. Sometimes, it seems weíve gone backward since Martin Luther King. I hear the strains of bigotry in some white sports fansí voices when they talk about black sports stars. Iíve been in bars when people looked around to make sure everyone was white before telling some racist joke.

But Iím a sportswriter. A lot of the players I cover ó and criticize ó are black. I try to be fair. I know some black athletes (Bruce Smith, for one) feel white media donít treat them fairly. Willis McGahee probably felt white reporters didnít understand that Buffalo is not the most happening party place for a young black man.

That didnít make McGahee any less a goofball in my eyes. Iím not going to stop calling out athletes when itís warranted. Right is right, and dogfighting is a felony in 48 states. Itís inhumane. If Vick bankrolled the operation, he should go to jail and be banned from the NFL for life.

If Vick is being singled out, so be it. Black or white, we ought to do a better job of choosing our heroes. Give him his day in court. Iíd like to understand how torturing and killing helpless dogs allows you to feel like a big man.

Koolaid Time
08-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Vick should go to court (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/144197.html) so that Mr. Vick can help us "understand."

I CAN'T understand.

My idea of a "Dogfight" always involved F-14's and MiG's.....

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/images/smilies/07-tomcat.gif

If I were Vick's Judge and Vick got up on the stand and said "Judge, you don't understand. Fighting dogs is something from my culture and a symbol of being....." I'd give Vick 20 years simply for being an *****, as well as for participating in a vile enterprise.

CloakNNNdagger
08-19-2007, 05:55 PM
First time Va. AG's office to make declaration:

Vick has yet to make a decision
ATLANTA, Aug. 19 (UPI) -- Barring last-minute developments, Michael Vick faces a Monday judgment day on felony dogfighting charges.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback originally was told he had until last Friday to decide whether to stand trial or accept a government-imposed plea deal.

Virginia Attorney General Gerald Poindexter said Friday his office also would prosecute.
AG (http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Sports/2007/08/19/vick_has_yet_to_make_a_decision/3172/)

CloakNNNdagger
08-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Vick judge says he's unbound by sentencing guidelines (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/falcons/2007-08-19-vickcase_N.htm)

Koolaid Time
08-20-2007, 06:55 AM
First time Va. AG's office to make declaration:

AG (http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Sports/2007/08/19/vick_has_yet_to_make_a_decision/3172/)

This is ironic... Had Poindexter announced earlier that his office would investigate and take action, the Feds might have never gotten involved.

Instead Poindexter did the "Reverse-Nifong" and ignored the investigators and police reports, claiming that "he hadn't seen ANYTHING that he could take to a Grand Jury"...

Obviously an investigator realized that he was being stonewalled by Poindexter and the Surrey County DA's office and went and "had lunch" with someone he knew in the local FBI office, giving them a copy of his report...

http://media.vintagecotton.com/shirt/188/bad_newz03.gif

nfl-brit
08-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Staggering.......just staggering.

Young, talented, rich............and as thick, it seems, as a whale omelette.

Why do so many rich people make a total arse of things?? Give me a chance to be rich - you'd never hear from me again, and certainly not in the press.

Hope he enjoy's being "Bubba's Puppy".

No sympathy here, friends.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-20-2007, 02:27 PM
CNN reporting Vick has accepted plea deal and will enter guilty plea next Monday.

tulexan
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
CNN reporting Vick to enter guilty plea next Monday.

I'm waiting to hear how this will be spun to show his innocence.

Specnatz
08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
CNN reporting Vick to enter guilty plea next Monday.

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal — and a likely prison sentence — to avoid additional federal charges related to a professional dogfighting operation, one of Vick's attorneys said, the Virginian-Pilot reported Monday.

A press conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET Monday, WXIA reported.

Vick will enter a guilty plea to the felony conspiracy charge next Monday at 10:30 a.m. ET, said Lawrence Woodward, one of Vick's defense attorneys, the Virginian-Pilot reported.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20350573/from/RS.1/

swt is working on that as we speak.

Texan_Bill
08-20-2007, 02:33 PM

Something like this???:

Michael Vick has decided to plead guilty because "The Man" has a mountain of 'fabricated' evidence against him that is so overwhelming any chance of pleading not guilty would result in a much worse punishment.

tulexan
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM
What we do know now is that the Michael Vick era is officially over. He will never take another snap in the NFL.

Vinny
08-20-2007, 02:39 PM
and to the Vick supporters....."guilty" translates to "I did it". If you didn't do something they couldn't prove you did something you never did.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Given this new bit of information, even if the prosecution softens a little bit, the "original offer" will probably be the minimun that Judge Hudson will accept......especially since Vick is acting obstructionist and tying up the system. And don't expect the Commish to respond until the plea is inked:

A plea deal that would send Michael Vick to prison for 18 to 36 months in relation to a dogfighting operation is on the table, CNN reports. Vick's attorneys want to get that reduced to less than a year and also want to hear from NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell before they accept any bargain, sources said.
Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=258941)

swtbound07
08-20-2007, 02:54 PM
and to the Vick supporters....."guilty" translates to "I did it". If you didn't do something they couldn't prove you did something you never did.

screw it. I give. I got nothing.

Vinny
08-20-2007, 02:55 PM
pimpin' low character people has no good ending pards

HoustonFrog
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Deal is done. I wonder what the callers on 610 will disappear now.

swtbound07
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
pimpin' low character people has no good ending pards

hurts to see your heroes fall before your eyes.

Heath Shuler
08-20-2007, 03:02 PM

swt, are you going to honor our bet?

HOU-TEX
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
hurts to see your heroes fall before your eyes.

Maybe you should take a long hard look at your avatar and use it as a guideline to measure who you choose as a hero.:cool:

swtbound07
08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
swt, are you going to honor our bet?

as soon as prison time is official. I am nothing if not one for formalities.

JohnsonFan
08-20-2007, 03:07 PM
this is great! i hope he gets the full 5 years and i hope he never plays again, most likely he wont he at the least will miss 2 seasons mabey 3

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Vick pleads guilty to federal dogfighting charges. Prosecutors seeking 12 to 18 month sentence based on federal guidelines. Vick apologizes through lawyer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2983121

FirstTexansFan
08-20-2007, 03:16 PM
All I can say to this is just Wow....I'm at a complete loss as to why a man with the football talent of Michael Vick to be involved in such a shady situation. It's a sad day for this young man, and as much as I detest what he's done, I can't bring myself to revel in his misery.

Mr teX
08-20-2007, 03:16 PM
I told you guys he would get what's coming to him. Did it hurt to wait just a tad bit for it?

I say he gets 1 year with the possibility of parole after 6-10 months & a healthy fine.

Errant Hothy
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Goodell's going to bring the hammer. It's gotta be a suspension of more then a year, just because of the precedent set with Pac-Man.

DiapHer
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Staggering.......just staggering.

Young, talented, rich............and as thick, it seems, as a whale omelette.
Why do so many rich people make a total arse of things?? Give me a chance to be rich - you'd never hear from me again, and certainly not in the press.

Hope he enjoy's being "Bubba's Puppy".

No sympathy here, friends.

Bill Alert!!!!

Whale Omelette=Thick as a brick or thick as pig dung but twice as smelly!!!!

real
08-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Anybody hear any details about the plea Vick accepted ?

badboy
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=3501803&page=1

Specnatz
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Anybody hear any details about the plea Vick accepted ?

It will not be released until next monday.

Mr teX
08-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Something like this???:

Michael Vick has decided to plead guilty because "The Man" has a mountain of 'fabricated' evidence against him that is so overwhelming any chance of pleading not guilty would result in a much worse punishment.

Maybe not quite that conspiracy-like, but there is something to be said for acting in your best interest, even if the outcome is only a little less grim than the alternative. Better to do a year to 18 months & keep the window cracked (paper-thin of course) for your career than to risk losing your case & facing 5+ years & KNOWING that your career is definitely over.

Mr teX
08-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Goodell's going to bring the hammer. It's gotta be a suspension of more then a year, just because of the precedent set with Pac-Man.

I said this a while ago......

I now expect the PETA turds to float back over to NFL headquarters & put goodell's feet to the fire for nothing less than a banishment..........

HoustonFrog
08-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Well I was wrong about the callers stopping on 610. Now a guy is saying society is losing more than gaining by having Vick in prison....because we were making money off taxes from his pay, and money from jersey sales, etc. (SHAKING HEAD)

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
I told you guys he would get what's coming to him. Did it hurt to wait just a tad bit for it?

I say he gets 1 year with the possibility of parole after 6-10 months & a healthy fine.

I think hell get 18 months, a HUGE fine, major community service/PSAs, and the chance to get out after 9months with good cooperation in the ongoing investigation and good behavior. His NFL career will just about be over but he may get a sniff (no pun intended) in 2009.

I am not going to relish his demise but I do think justice was served. I don't feel sorry for him but rather the opportunities wasted by him. He could have been a positive role model for his community but decided to become the pariah that he is instead. I feel sorry for the dogs, cats, rabbits, and other animals that were sacrificed to feed the hunger and training of their 'dawgs'. I feel sorry for the 'dawgs' themselves as their development was nefariously altered in order to create a killing machine for his own perverted pleasure.

I do feel sorry for his family especially his mother though. It's a sad tale but justice was served.

mexican_texan
08-20-2007, 03:40 PM
How the mighty have fallen. This should serve as a reminder to the rest of the league that they are human. It does, however, set a bad example for the rest of the nation that he only gets a year in prison.

Errant Hothy
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Well I was wrong about the callers stopping on 610. Now a guy is saying society is losing more than gaining by having Vick in prison....because we were making money off taxes from his pay, and money from jersey sales, etc. (SHAKING HEAD)

610, all Vick all the time, unless it's time to talk about VY again.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM

simply....wow

so are there trolls on radio shows now? i thought that was forum exclusive for that species.

the guy must think criminal courts are run like lemonade stands or an 8 year old's paper route.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
610, all Vick all the time, unless it's time to talk about VY again.

yeah don't tune in very often now that Z and John left. Ware knows football but just isn't that engaging and vandermeer needs to stop talking about bad TV shows and the starlet of the week. If I want social commentary, I will go to Stern. I go to 610 to ocasionally listen to Romey and that is about it. CBS has run that thing into the ground.

i hope that the supposed new channel will be good. I hear that Granato and the Cablinasian?, and Lance may be going there to start a new channel.

Specnatz
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
on 790 it is just as bad. There are some real morons in this world, that I hope that they do not reproduce.

Oh and folks the legnth of his jail sentence has yet to be defined. that is up to the judge, if he accepts what the recommendation is. In this federal case he does not have to.

JohnsonFan
08-20-2007, 03:50 PM
wow u guys see this timeline on epsn! thats crazy, he went from hero to zero

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2007, 03:52 PM
on 790 it is just as bad. There are some real morons in this world, that I hope that they do not reproduce.

Oh and folks the legnth of his jail sentence has yet to be defined. that is up to the judge, if he accepts what the recommendation is. In this federal case he does not have to.

Interesting. Well the thing that could favor Vick is if he could use character witnesses to influence the judge to lessen the recommended sentence.

Vick could have a lot of people come up and speak on his behalf because he has probably helped a lot of people with some of his wealth and charity. It's Vick's fault but the judge may not want to ruin his career which would then stop the flow of charity money to some of his foundations and benefactors.

The biggest problem I have with Vick TODAY, is that he apologized through his lawyer. That is just punkarse and will do nothing to repair his image. He needs to come out and put himself at the mercy of the public. He needs a press conference and he could gain a lot of sympathy from a forgiving American populace. He needs to give a short synopsis of what happened in his life and that he honestly regrets what he has done. He needs to speak out and act out (through cooperation with authorities) against the dog fighting subculture. If he does all that, he can come back to the league in 2009. 2 years removed....you still got a chance to compete and go out as a man and not merely a felon.

Embracing his religion, his mother, and his church would probably be a good idea right about now too. He needs help and faith can heal many wounds and can help give you strength during tough times. It's gonna be a tough time for Vick for the forseeable future.

JohnsonFan
08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
i have 2 dogs my self and love animals i am so happy to see this guy go away

Cjeremy635
08-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Yep, and that suspension is not going to run in aggregate with the jail time. Meaning, he will be jailed for approximately one year, then suspended for probably 2 seasons. The other issue here is if he rolls over on any other NFL players who participated in this ring. I don't think he's going to do it, but this could be part of the plea bargaining process. Who knows what's going to happen. If he rolls over on anyone, no one will want him on their teams. Keeps getting better & better. :specnatz:

Specnatz
08-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Interesting. Well the thing that could favor Vick is if he could use character witnesses to influence the judge to lessen the recommended sentence.

Vick could have a lot of people come up and speak on his behalf because he has probably helped a lot of people with some of his wealth and charity. It's Vick's fault but the judge may not want to ruin his career which would then stop the flow of charity money to some of his foundations and benefactors.

The biggest problem I have with Vick TODAY, is that he apologized through his lawyer. That is just punkarse and will do nothing to repair his image. He needs to come out and put himself at the mercy of the public. He needs a press conference and he could gain a lot of sympathy from a forgiving American populace. He needs to give a short synopsis of what happened in his life and that he honestly regrets what he has done. He needs to speak out and act out (through cooperation with authorities) against the dog fighting subculture. If he does all that, he can come back to the league in 2009. 2 years removed....you still got a chance to compete and go out as a man and not merely a felon.

Embracing his religion, his mother, and his church would probably be a good idea right about now too. He needs help and faith can heal many wounds and can help give you strength during tough times. It's gonna be a tough time for Vick for the forseeable future.

OK so he should have a press conferance before he goes before the judge? Would you do that? I do not care how guilty you are of anything, you do that you might as well bend over and kiss your ass goodbye because whatever you were going to get might be worse.

After his hearing monday sure I agree with you.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2007, 04:08 PM
OK so he should have a press conferance before he goes before the judge? Would you do that? I do not care how guilty you are of anything, you do that you might as well bend over and kiss your ass goodbye because whatever you were going to get might be worse.

After his hearing monday sure I agree with you.

i think you misunderstood or i mispoke. i meant he would parade people in front of the judge as character witnesses pre-sentencing (if possible). that could help.

my other point was that he needs to do a press conference at some point...i guess not necessarily immediately but wouldn't he go to jail on Monday once he is sentenced? Wouldn't he want to do the presser before he is in jail? I guess it could go either way. Whatever is in his best interest is what will be done. Personally, I just want to see him talk about it and show remorse. His previous comments have been arrogant and without any sense of responsibility.

Specnatz
08-20-2007, 04:19 PM
i think you misunderstood or i mispoke. i meant he would parade people in front of the judge as character witnesses pre-sentencing (if possible). that could help.

my other point was that he needs to do a press conference at some point...i guess not necessarily immediately but wouldn't he go to jail on Monday once he is sentenced? Wouldn't he want to do the presser before he is in jail? I guess it could go either way. Whatever is in his best interest is what will be done. Personally, I just want to see him talk about it and show remorse. His previous comments have been arrogant and without any sense of responsibility.

He is rich not poor. From what I have seen they would give him a day or so to get his crap all together and then he remands himself into custody to start serving his prison sentence. And I am not sure if sentencing is done the same day and the plea is entered. All of that is kinda shacky, but I am sure he will have a moment to give a presser.

infantrycak
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
And I am not sure if sentencing is done the same day and the plea is entered.

No it isn't which is why none of the co-indictees have been sentenced. There will be a sentencing hearing.

Porky
08-20-2007, 05:09 PM
This ticks me off. I wanted him to go to trial, and be run over the coals, and get a 20 yr sentence. 18 months or even 3 yrs is way to light for this low life subhuman scumball. If I ever see his face again on TV or anywhere else, I may just puke. Mike Vick, you make me SICK. It's a good thing I'm not the judge, because I would give him life in prison. :pirate:

swtbound07
08-20-2007, 05:10 PM
This ticks me off. I wanted him to go to trial, and be run over the coals, and get a 20 yr sentence. 18 months or even 3 yrs is way to light for this low life subhuman scumball. If I ever see his face again on TV or anywhere else, I may just puke. Mike Vick, you make me SICK. It's a good thing I'm not the judge, because I would give him life in prison. :pirate:

want some fries with that vendetta?

Specnatz
08-20-2007, 05:12 PM

:popcorn: goes better in watching someone self destruct and go to prison, and a 24oz Coca-Cola

cuppacoffee
08-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Ease up Texan fans.

I think it would only be right for the judge to show the same compassion and leniency that Vick showed for his dogs...:bat:

Nah, I guess electrocution, drowning, or banging Vicks head against the floor would be a little extreme.

Just strap him to a rape stand in his new home..:jail:...:yikes:

:coffee:

Porky
08-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Ketchup included? If so, I'll take some and a vanilla malt please.

disaacks3
08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
So, it's off to "Club Fed" for MV?

I'll start the Over / Under at 18 months prison.

infantrycak
08-20-2007, 07:11 PM
By the way--contrary to some assertions earlier in this thread, the federal judge does not have to accept the recommendation of the prosecutors and sentencing for anything up to the full 5 years would not give Vick an out. Vick will go in August 27th and plead guilty and give an information statement like the other defendants. There will then be a sentencing hearing set at which the judge will make the decision. Rusty Hardin was on 610 am this afternoon discussing the difference between state and federal courts.

Runner
08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
I think hell get 18 months, a HUGE fine, major community service/PSAs, and the chance to get out after 9months with good cooperation in the ongoing investigation and good behavior.

I don't think there is parole in the Fed system. He'll have to serve his whole sentence, whatever it is.

Specnatz
08-20-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't think there is parole in the Fed system. He'll have to serve his whole sentence, whatever it is.

Watching espin countdown they said something to the effect he has to serve 85% of his time and then the last 15% could be spent in a half-way house. Not technically parole but still not in the slammer.

Grams
08-20-2007, 07:37 PM
I read that also that for Federal prison you must serve 85% of the time - no getting off for "good behavior"

Hope he has some money salted away, by the time the attorneys and the Falcons, who will want a large chunk of the +20 mill they have given him back, he won't have much if any left.

I also read that the judge does not have to accept the recommendation of the prosecutors and can give out what sentence he wants, and if the prosecutors think the sentence is too low, they can file an appeal to make it longer, but Vick cannot file an appeal to make it shorter.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2007, 07:44 PM
If he's EVER allowed to return to the NFL, there should be an agreement to eletrocute his *ss the first game he loses.............sounds like a deal to me.......at least as good a deal that he has probably finagled with his plea agreement. :bat:

The1ApplePie
08-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Vick needs Alge Crumpler more than ever! He's been bailing him out for years.

GlassHalfFull
08-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I wonder if his well publicized ďRon MexicoĒ herpes will save him some pain in prison. Probably not, it is most likely well spread (pun intended) there.:heart:

Koolaid Time
08-20-2007, 09:38 PM

Oh come on SWT.. Cut me some slack,,,

Three is NO "Venetta" against Vick....Neither Porky nor I have it out for "Doggie -girl" (as Vick's name will be in Federal Prison)....

As far as I am concerned you can subtract the image of the President and the Vick Plea is....

http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2007/01/mission-accomplished.jpg

For the US Department of Justice... because they took on what the local DA intentionally passed off...

sakebomb
08-20-2007, 10:25 PM
And I thought Marcus was the "bad" one. Hell, he was just trying to be like his big bro. Mom and pop have got to be proud.

Second Honeymoon
08-20-2007, 11:58 PM
And I thought Marcus was the "bad" one. Hell, he was just trying to be like his big bro. Mom and pop have got to be proud.

there aint really a 'pop' and that is probably the biggest factor on why they are both pretty much criminals and thugs.

mexican_texan
08-21-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't think justice was served. I hope he has to forfeit the rest of his contract, at the very least.

ObsiWan
08-21-2007, 12:31 AM
He'll get 3-4 years. And he may get out early for good behavior.

While the press has played up the killing and so-called torture angle from the start, that's not what he'll be convicted of. He's going up the river for the illegal dog-fighting ring and the gambling aspects. The Feds got him when he transported dogs across state lines. They couldn't really do a thing to him for killing the dogs. They stuck that in the indictment to show that he had personal involvement in the operation and to make him look evil. And he gave them plenty of material to work with.

And don't forget, this is a fed offense, so he may go to a "country club" prison.

He'll probably not play NFL football again.

The1ApplePie
08-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Vick is getting more prison time and more punishment by the NFL than Lenard Little got for actually killing a person while drinking and driving.

I think Vick is getting what he deserves, but its strange that society and the NFL think Dogs > People.

Vinny
08-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Vick is getting more prison time and more punishment by the NFL than Lenard Little got for actually killing a person while drinking and driving.

I think Vick is getting what he deserves, but its strange that society and the NFL think Dogs > People.
Little didn't kill anyone on purpose and I think that many of the fans are guilty of drinking at tailgates and driving home on various game days every year...so I don't think that many fans are as outraged as they are with killing innocent dogs in brutal and vicious manners in a premeditated fashion.....just my perspective and commentary about the situation. Leonard Little is a sorry pos as far as I'm concerned...for the record.

Red_Zone
08-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Little didn't kill anyone on purpose and I think that many of the fans are guilty of drinking at tailgates and driving home on various game days every year...so I don't think that many fans are as outraged as they are with killing innocent dogs in brutal and vicious manners in a premeditated fashion.....just my perspective and commentary about the situation. Leonard Little is a sorry pos as far as I'm concerned...for the record.

Good points. "Intent" plays a large part in criminal sentencing. Of course Little made the decision to drink and drive but he never said to himself "Hey, lemme see if I can kill someone".

Vick chose purposely to do what he did to those dogs and it wasn't just a one time thing where he could claim to have acted out of rage or anger. It was cold hearted pre-meditated cruelty, abuse and killing of innocent animals. I'm no fan of pit bulls but even they should not be treated in this manner.

Add to all that, Vick wasn't some poor backwoods schmo fighting dogs out of ignorance. He had all the fame and fortune most of us dream of having and still chose to take part in these cruel and barbaric fights and killing of dogs. If we treated Quarterbacks the way he treated dogs, Vick would have been dead two seasons ago, drowned and electrocuted in the locker room.

I wonder now if Joe Horn still wants his kids to grow up to be just like Vick? And I wonder if all the Vick apologists like Horn wish they'd kept their mouths shut now that Vick and all his co-defendants have opened theirs and pled guilty to the charges.

Mr teX
08-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Good points. "Intent" plays a large part in criminal sentencing. Of course Little made the decision to drink and drive but he never said to himself "Hey, lemme see if I can kill someone".

Vick chose purposely to do what he did to those dogs and it wasn't just a one time thing where he could claim to have acted out of rage or anger. It was cold hearted pre-meditated cruelty, abuse and killing of innocent animals. I'm no fan of pit bulls but even they should not be treated in this manner.

Add to all that, Vick wasn't some poor backwoods schmo fighting dogs out of ignorance. He had all the fame and fortune most of us dream of having and still chose to take part in these cruel and barbaric fights and killing of dogs. If we treated Quarterbacks the way he treated dogs, Vick would have been dead two seasons ago, drowned and electrocuted in the locker room.

I wonder now if Joe Horn still wants his kids to grow up to be just like Vick? And I wonder if all the Vick apologists like Horn wish they'd kept their mouths shut now that Vick and all his co-defendants have opened theirs and pled guilty to the charges.

Blah Blah Blah. Little should've got some significant time for that regardless b/c he knew the dangerous consequences of his actions, Intent or no Intent. Hell, isn't there a young kid facing serious time b/c of a car/train accident where he was found to be driving under the influence of some sort? I'm just saying, If it were anybody else, they'd be facing @ the very least manslaughter charges. He's just lucky it was on another commissioner's watch.

I'm with apple pie on this one.

Texan_Bill
08-21-2007, 10:01 AM
One word: Malice

infantrycak
08-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Blah Blah Blah. Little should've got some significant time for that regardless b/c he knew the dangerous consequences of his actions, Intent or no Intent. Hell, isn't there a young kid facing serious time b/c of a car/train accident where he was found to be driving under the influence of some sort? I'm just saying, If it were anybody else, they'd be facing @ the very least manslaughter charges. He's just lucky it was on another commissioner's watch.

He was convicted of manslaughter. No doubt if it had happened under Goodell he would have been suspended as well. So what?--there is a new sheriff and he is running things differently.

HoustonFrog
08-21-2007, 10:04 AM
The problem I have with Leonard Little is that he drank and killed someone and then got arrested again for driving under the influence and speeding. He was not convicted of the DWI but was of the speeding. Overall though why would you drive and even have one drink in you after killing someone. This has nothing to do with anything. Just my commentary on how some people never learn and are destructive. I have no comment on his NFL time. Just wanted to bring up his destructive tendencies post conviction.

The1ApplePie
08-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Reguardless of intent, Little killed a person, Vick killed dogs. Little getting less time is a joke.

Didn't Ray Lewis stab somebody to death as well?

infantrycak
08-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Reguardless of intent, Little killed a person, Vick killed dogs. Little getting less time is a joke.

The feds are often tougher on sentencing than state courts. Doesn't make it right but it is part of the system.

Didn't Ray Lewis stab somebody to death as well?

No, he was present when two people were killed.

disaacks3
08-21-2007, 11:01 AM

I'm with apple pie on this one. POTENTIALLY Dangerous consequences on Little's part. I expected him to get more than the hand-slap he got though. In his defense, he didn't "set out" to DUI in order to kill something, the same can't be said for Vick. MV was the bankroll for the operation, he's lucky all the RICO stuff hasn't been charged yet.

The kid is an apples / oranges comparison - That "kid" stole TWO different vehicles that evening for a pre-meditated "joyride" and killed his passengers while in the act of committing another felony. I doubt he'll get convicted of Murder, but his act WAS as pre-meditated as Vick's actions.

Specnatz
08-21-2007, 11:02 AM
If you are going to bring up someone and compare it to Vick lets get all the facts correct.

First and foremost one is State charges and the other is federal. A first DUI is a class A disdeamenor. with the manslaughter charge it is a class C felony. I think Little should have gotten more time for Accidently Killing someone but comparing two different cases in two different courts is not reasonable.

After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service.

Six years later, Little was again arrested for drunk driving and speeding. Little was acquitted of driving while intoxicated, but was convicted of the misdemeanor speeding charge.[1]

On Week 11 of the 2006 NFL season, Little signed a 3-year extension with the Rams.

"Little gets probation; judge bars him from drinking", USA Today, 2005-05-06.

From Wikpedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Little

disaacks3
08-21-2007, 11:05 AM

Didn't Ray Lewis stab somebody to death as well? We don't know the sentence as yet, so MV may still make the "under". As for Ray Lewis, he didn't stab anyone. (His 2 firiends did, in self-defense & they were acquitted) He pled on an obstruction charge that he probably should have fought.

HoustonFrog
08-21-2007, 12:03 PM
If you are going to bring up someone and compare it to Vick lets get all the facts correct.

First and foremost one is State charges and the other is federal. A first DUI is a class A disdeamenor. with the manslaughter charge it is a class C felony. I think Little should have gotten more time for Accidently Killing someone but comparing two different cases in two different courts is not reasonable.

From Wikpedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Little

Thanks for putting this. This is the incident I referenced above.

Mr teX
08-21-2007, 12:22 PM
POTENTIALLY Dangerous consequences on Little's part. I expected him to get more than the hand-slap he got though. In his defense, he didn't "set out" to DUI in order to kill something, the same can't be said for Vick. MV was the bankroll for the operation, he's lucky all the RICO stuff hasn't been charged yet.

The kid is an apples / oranges comparison - That "kid" stole TWO different vehicles that evening for a pre-meditated "joyride" and killed his passengers while in the act of committing another felony. I doubt he'll get convicted of Murder, but his act WAS as pre-meditated as Vick's actions.

Well, tell that to the kid who is now motherless b/c of chicken little's night out on the town.....

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM
I've been asking myself a question for a while that really bothers me.........With as long as this has gone on, and with Vick asking for time away to go to Virginia for months at a time (as related by the Falcons owner [ESPN]), attornies, CPA's, NFL buddies............How many of you believe that only a handfull of "insignificant" players knew what was going on until now??????????:pigfly:

Koolaid Time
08-21-2007, 04:23 PM
I've been asking myself a question for a while that really bothers me.........With as long as this has gone on, and with Vick asking for time away to go to Virginia for months at a time (as related by the Falcons owner [ESPN]), attornies, CPA's, NFL buddies............How many of you believe that only a handfull of "insignificant" players knew what was going on until now??????????:pigfly:

I think alot of people knew what was going on. And I think Vick is going to RAT them out, because if "Ookie" suffers, he is going to make sure others do as well.

Part of his Plea Deal will require "cooperation" with other Federal investigations.

I bet Vick gives names of other NFL players that "play with the dogs."

I read the indictment today and saw the allegations of Vick taking a dog to fight another dog from "Lockjaw Kennels" in North Carolina.

So I googled "Lockjaw Kennels" North Carolina and what did I find...

http://www.lockjawkennel.org/index.html

That was simple.

Texan_Bill
08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
I think alot of people knew what was going on. And I think Vick is going to RAT them out, because if "Ookie" suffers, he is going to make sure others do as well.

Part of his Plea Deal will require "cooperation" with other Federal investigations.

I read the indictment today and saw the allegations of Vick taking a dog to fight another dog from "Lockjaw Kennels" in North Carolina.

That was simple.

Glad y'all brought this up, because also in the idictment, they mention a kennel in New York as well....

Vinny
08-21-2007, 04:34 PM

That was simple.

you do know the difference in a 'dog kennel' and a 'dog fighting' right?

Khari
08-21-2007, 04:39 PM

I hope he outs them all.........I want to know who they are.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Possibly out of the frying pan into the fire:

RICHMOND, Va. — Michael Vick's legal troubles from dogfighting could get even worse. The Atlanta Falcons quarterback faces possible prosecution in state court, where punishment might far exceed the maximum five years in prison that could await him in his federal case.

Local prosecutor Gerald Poindexter has said he likely will pursue charges against Vick, who has plummeted from favorite son to a symbol of animal abuse in the four months since authorities raided his Surry County property. Poindexter says the case could go before a county grand jury Sept. 25.

VICK (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-08-21-928646608_x.htm)

Red_Zone
08-21-2007, 07:45 PM

I agree that Little should have gotten a more severe sentence but it just doesn't follow that because he didn't that Vicks sentence should be lessened. The two cases are worlds apart. Little made ONE bad decision that caused his troubles, Vick made bad decisions almost daily commiting felonies over a period of years.

Red_Zone
08-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Possibly out of the frying pan into the fire:

VICK (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-08-21-928646608_x.htm)

At State level Vick could get five years on eight seperate counts, to a miximum of 40 years!

Koolaid Time
08-21-2007, 08:24 PM
you do know the difference in a 'dog kennel' and a 'dog fighting' right?

Yes... but when someone brags about their dog being able to bite a softball in half, it makes you wonder..

1. Why an owner would train a dog to do that..

2. Why an owner would brag about that.

2BCF
08-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Can the judge order Vick to be neutered?

JohnsonFan
08-21-2007, 11:31 PM
only in our dreams

tulexan
08-22-2007, 12:37 AM
At State level Vick could get five years on eight seperate counts, to a miximum of 40 years!

Should be a pretty easy case for the State too. Vick is admitting to running a dog fighting operation and his co-defendents (and I assume him as well) are admitting to killing 8 dogs. He really has no defense and this case could be over in about 10 minutes.

threetoedpete
08-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Should be a pretty easy case for the State too. Vick is admitting to running a dog fighting operation and his co-defendents (and I assume him as well) are admitting to killing 8 dogs. He really has no defense and this case could be over in about 10 minutes.

And an FBI agent in the pine tree. He's toast. Que up Little Micky and the boys, "when the whip comes down" off of goats head soup albumn.

oops check that some gurls.

HoustonFrog
08-23-2007, 11:15 PM
They are now saying that Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling...the plea, one person said, may be in jeopardy. Friggin pride. I hope he goes away for a long time now. He is digging himself deeper. Hopefully this will end soon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2989037

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling on dog fights, as detailed in his indictment, when he enters a guilty plea in a Richmond, VA, federal court Monday, a source close to the case has told ESPN. Instead, the one count of conspiracy that Vick will plead to will admit guilt to the charge of interstate commerce for the purpose of dogfighting.

Vick will admit that he was present when dogs were killed, but will maintain that he did not personally kill any of the dogs.

The allegations of killing dogs and gambling were part of the picture painted by Vick's three co-defendants, all of whom pleaded guilty before Vick, presumably in exchange for their cooperation in testifying against Vick.

The Dude Abides
08-23-2007, 11:20 PM
They are now saying that Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling...the plea, one person said, may be in jeopardy. Friggin pride. I hope he goes away for a long time now. He is digging himself deeper. Hopefully this will end soon.

Monday should be interesting

Second Honeymoon
08-24-2007, 01:06 AM
So is he going to trial on the other charges? if so, WOW. he is totally hosed if so. Or are the feds dropping the other serious charges?

I am curious to hear about what is going on with this because if he only has to plead to that one charge, he will be competing for a QB spot somewhere as early as the 08 season.

Bottom line is Vick's future may have brightened a little bit today. I had seen reports that Vick was to plead guilty to the contents of the indictment on Monday....I thought the judge said as much during the proceedings.

I think he would be adequately punished by a year ban and the huge loss of wealth that he is to incur in the coming years. He then has a chance to see if there is a market for him in today's NFL. Irregardless, Monday is a big day for Vick because if he can put this behind him and serve his time, his career may have a glimmer of hope. One thing is for sure, he will never wear a Texans jersey....

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 09:26 AM
To add insult to injury his old man is saying Mike is all about the dogs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2989202

ATLANTA -- Michael Vick's father said he asked his son to give up dogfighting, or to at least put property used in the venture in the names of others to avoid being implicated, according to a report in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

In The Journal-Constitution report posted on the newspaper's Web site Thursday night, Michael Boddie, who is estranged from Vick and the quarterback's mother, also said some time around 2001 his son staged dogfights in the garage of the family home in Newport News, Va.

Boddie told the newspaper Vick kept fighting dogs in the family's backyard, including dogs that were "bit up, chewed up, exhausted." Boddie claimed to have nursed the dogs back to health.

The indictment against Vick does not mention the parents' former home in Newport News.

In the report, Boddie dismissed the idea that Vick's longtime friends were the main instigators of the dogfighting operation.

"I wish people would stop sugarcoating it," Boddie told The Journal-Constitution. "This is Mike's thing. And he knows it ... likes it, and he has the capital to have a setup like that."

Koolaid Time
08-24-2007, 09:44 AM

Frog, you and I both know that the Federal Judge isn't going to accept that Plea and give him a minimum sentence.

Vick won't admit to killing dogs, because that establishes any Virginia State Charges.

Vick won't admit to gambling because that kills his NFL career.

He is already looking at sentencing "enhancements" because he was the "ringleader."

If Vick doesn't accept FULL responsibility, then the Judge can sentence him to the top end of the scale-- 5 years..

Sounds fair-Vick gives a less than honest plea---then the Judge hammers him with the maximum

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Frog, you and I both know that the Federal Judge isn't going to accept that Plea and give him a minimum sentence.

Vick won't admit to killing dogs, because that establishes any Virginia State Charges.

Vick won't admit to gambling because that kills his NFL career.

He is already looking at sentencing "enhancements" because he was the "ringleader."

If Vick doesn't accept FULL responsibility, then the Judge can sentence him to the top end of the scale-- 5 years..

Sounds fair-Vick gives a less than honest plea---then the Judge hammers him with the maximum

I agree with you completely. His actions right now aren't winning him any sympathy votes and he pretty much is being defiant despite what they have...and I'm sure they have presented some fo the evidence to him.

Texan_Bill
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Obviously, I am not really up on Federal Criminal law, but can the judge deny the plea bargain altogether and force it to trial???

TigerV1
08-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Sounds like Vick is wanting to take his chances. Pride comes before the fall Mr. Vick.

infantrycak
08-24-2007, 10:55 AM

This reminds me of how ESPN said Vick wasn't going to be indicted...seven days before he was indicted.

tulexan
08-24-2007, 11:31 AM
I can't see the government accepting a plea that doesn't accept responsibility for gambling or killing dogs.

Texan_Bill
08-24-2007, 11:37 AM
So, again I ask the question... If the plea is not accepted, do they re-negotiate or does the judge schedule a trial date??

Obviously, I am not really up on Federal Criminal law, but can the judge deny the plea bargain altogether and force it to trial???

tulexan
08-24-2007, 11:39 AM
I believe there already is a trial date of late November. I don't know if they will renegotiate or if they will add on the superceding indictment now.

Specnatz
08-24-2007, 11:40 AM
So, again I ask the question... If the plea is not accepted, do they re-negotiate or does the judge schedule a trial date??

Just like if any Judge in Houston does not accept the plea ................ yes it goes to trial.

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 11:41 AM

The judge won't force a trial but if he doesn't like the plea deal he can reject it and then the defendant can change his plea and go to trail or plead guilty again without the plea agreement. But once he rejects it he can then order it to go to trial...they just have to take the above steps.

Texan_Bill
08-24-2007, 11:49 AM
The judge won't force a trial but if he doesn't like the plea deal he can reject it and then the defendant can change his plea and go to trail or plead guilty again without the plea agreement. But once he rejects it he can then order it to go to trial...they just have to take the above steps.

Got it... Thanks.

TigerV1
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
If Vick wants to play these games where he admits guilt, then later revises what he plead, I hope the judge decides to throw the book at him. Reject the plea, allow it to go to trial, and put Vick away.

Vick was given a golden opportunity to spend less time in the slammer, but now after seeing what a guilty plea to dog fighting and gambling charges will do to his career he wants to change his tune.

He obviously isn't sorry for his actions. He had his lawyer apologize for him. Now he is revising his statement...buh bye Mr. Vick.

TigerV1
08-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Someone is making some sense...

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/24/espn-legal-analyst-casts-doubt-on-espn-report-on-michael-vick-gu/

ESPN Legal Analyst Casts Doubt on ESPN Report on Michael Vick Guilty Plea

Last night ESPN reported that although Falcons quarterback Michael Vick intends to plead guilty to federal conspiracy charges on Monday, he will not admit to killing dogs or gambling, the two crimes that would be likely to significantly damage his ability to return to the NFL some day.

But on ESPN First Take this morning, ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack said of the report, "It's hard for me to believe." Cossack explained that if the federal prosecutors allow Vick to enter a plea in which he does not take responsibility for killing dogs or gambling, the prosecutors are essentially saying that it's OK with them for Vick and his co-defendants to make mutually exclusive claims in their "confessions."

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Someone is making some sense...

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/24/espn-legal-analyst-casts-doubt-on-espn-report-on-michael-vick-gu/

ESPN Legal Analyst Casts Doubt on ESPN Report on Michael Vick Guilty Plea

If you go on ESPN and go to the videos there is an interview with him. I agree. Basically the judge would be allowing 2 defendants to say that Vick killed dogs and gambled and another to say.."I didn't do that."....all of them under oath. The prosecution brought it all together so it makes no sense.

TigerV1
08-24-2007, 12:35 PM
If you go on ESPN and go to the videos there is an interview with him. I agree. Basically the judge would be allowing 2 defendants to say that Vick killed dogs and gambled and another to say.."I didn't do that."....all of them under oath. The prosecution brought it all together so it makes no sense.

I am just curious to know if Vick is going to go in there in see what he can "get away" with. If the judge is as tough as I've heard, he won't put up with much. Vick better be careful and not mess around or he could see his plea deal rejected.

CloakNNNdagger
08-24-2007, 01:29 PM

The Washington Post just reported that the plea has just been formally submitted to the court. As I understand it, once the plea agreement is finalized and then rejected by a Federal judge, the plea cannot be amended and resubmitted...............i.e., the only alternatives at that time is go to trial or admit guilt without the benefit of a plea agreement.

DiapHer
08-24-2007, 01:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-michaelvick&prov=ap&type=lgns

Vick files plea in federal court, admits dogfighting

By LARRY O'DELL, Associated Press Writer
August 24, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick filed a plea agreement in federal court Friday admitting to a dogfighting charge and agreed the enterprise included killing fighting dogs and gambling.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback is scheduled to formally enter his plea Monday in U.S. District Court.

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 02:11 PM
The Washington Post just reported that the plea has just been formally submitted to the court. As I understand it, once the plea agreement is finalized and then rejected by a Federal judge, the plea cannot be amended and resubmitted...............i.e., the only alternatives at that time is go to trial or admit guilt without the benefit of a plea agreement.

Exactly, I think I said that to TB. They can change their plea but only for trial purposes..he can say we will go to trial under the guise of "not guilty" or he pleads guilty.

swtbound07
08-24-2007, 02:17 PM
vicks plea agreement

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/news/070824_Vick_Statement_Of_Facts.pdf

infantrycak
08-24-2007, 02:31 PM
So the reports by ESPN were overhyped BS. He admits to engaging and promoting an enterprise whose purpose included gambling. He also admits to participating in the decision to kill 6-8 dogs and participating in their killing. Basically everything ESPN reported was bunk just like when they said he wouldn't be indicted. The only thing he didn't admit to was personally laying side bets.

CloakNNNdagger
08-24-2007, 02:55 PM
So the reports by ESPN were overhyped BS. He admits to engaging and promoting an enterprise whose purpose included gambling. He also admits to participating in the decision to kill 6-8 dogs and participating in their killing. Basically everything ESPN reported was bunk just like when they said he wouldn't be indicted. The only thing he didn't admit to was personally laying side bets.

If he thinks that "side bets" are the only thing that would put him in an NFL ban position (and I hope to G-d Goodell finds no reason to interpret it so), then he should be already trying to procure a career in selling aluminum siding when Bubba gets through with him. That would be like owning a prostitution ring, and feeling absolved because you didn't partake of a percentage of the prostitute's tips.

Koolaid Time
08-24-2007, 02:59 PM
This reminds me of how ESPN said Vick wasn't going to be indicted...seven days before he was indicted.

According to Falcons fans in Atlanta.. that ESPN announcement was a scam just to get them to renew season tickets.

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 03:01 PM

Well said. I agree with all of it. Side bets are like me sitting there and looking at you and saying.."an extra grand on Dog 1." It isn't really head to head when it comes to the ring.

Koolaid Time
08-24-2007, 03:03 PM

I heard the Cossack interview as well...

He also said that he believes that to get this much of a "watered down" stipulation that Vick must have gave up other individuals.,.

Koolaid Time
08-24-2007, 03:15 PM

I think this "Plea" may be "splitting hairs" that would P-Off a Federal Judge...

You admit some things, but don't specifically admit others...

Give me a Break.

To save himself from a long time in "Club Fed"... "Ookie" better "Come to Jesus".....

My father battled in the late Federal Judge Carl Bue's Court for many years.... He remarked how "splitting hairs" and other "games"of being less than candid to the Court is the quickest way to P-Off a Federal Judge.

I don't think Judge Hudson will take the Plea.

As for ESPN... I think this was a Defense "leak" of a "Trial Balloon" just to gauge public opinion..

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I think this "Plea" may be "splitting hairs" that would P-Off a Federal Judge...

You admit some things, but don't specifically admit others...

Give me a Break.

To save himself from a long time in "Club Fed"... "Ookie" better "Come to Jesus".....

My father battled in the late Federal Judge Carl Bue's Court for many years.... He remarked how "splitting hairs" and other "games"of being less than candid to the Court is the quickest way to P-Off a Federal Judge.

As for ESPN... I think this was a Defense "leak" of a "Trial Balloon" just to gauge public opinion..

I'm not sure. He has stated he killed dogs. He has stated he basically gambled with his dogs. He honestly is just saying he didn't take the cash or side bets and money. Its splitting hairs but you have him on being the ringleader, gambling, killing and he will help in turning over other rings and info. I think it will go through.

You are right though, he is a hard ass so I'm not sure what he will think of the side bet deal. I think that is a way to save the career.

infantrycak
08-24-2007, 03:36 PM

I think he will. Vick didn't sidestep anything legally important, i.e. that would have changed the potential sentence (once again in contradiction to what ESPIN was reporting--that the max term would be down to a year). But like you said, if the Judge doesn't think Vick is being candid he may get angry.

As a side note--the local sports reporters who keep misreporting this and tracking the ESPIN report are acting like ding dongs.

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 03:43 PM
I think he will. Vick didn't sidestep anything legally important, i.e. that would have changed the potential sentence (once again in contradiction to what ESPIN was reporting--that the max term would be down to a year). But like you said, if the Judge doesn't think Vick is being candid he may get angry.

As a side note--the local sports reporters who keep misreporting this and tracking the ESPIN report are acting like ding dongs.

what are they saying now

infantrycak
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
what are they saying now

Well I keep hearing them describing the situation as if ESPIN had been correct that Vick wasn't going to admit anything gambling related or to killing dogs.

CloakNNNdagger
08-24-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure. He has stated he killed dogs. He has stated he basically gambled with his dogs. He honestly is just saying he didn't take the cash or side bets and money. Its splitting hairs but you have him on being the ringleader, gambling, killing and he will help in turning over other rings and info. I think it will go through.

You are right though, he is a hard ass so I'm not sure what he will think of the side bet deal. I think that is a way to save the career.

I'll bring back this quote from USA Today:

Goodell told USA Today that the high-stakes gambling associated with dogfighting concerns the NFL as much as the dogfighting charges themselves. In the standard players' contract, the NFL has a strict policy against gambling that includes a potential lifetime ban for associating with gambling in a manner that discredits the league.

"Listen, we're sickened by the allegations and the predicament Michael put himself in," Goodell said. "But there are a lot of things in the indictment that concern the NFL that may not be of a greater concern from a law enforcement standpoint."

DISCREDIT=To damage in reputation; disgrace...............exactly that which has already been done, especially, if Godell does not hand down the harshest of response.

Koolaid Time
08-24-2007, 04:13 PM
DISCREDIT=To damage in reputation; disgrace...............exactly that which has already been done, especially, if Godell does not hand down the harshest of response.

If PacMan gets a one year suspension without a felony conviction, Vick is looking at least 2, maybe 3 year suspension, for any plea.

Porky
08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
I hope the judge rejects the plea agreement. I really want this to go to trial, and I want him hammered, and then have the book thrown at him. I want him to rot in hell or the closest thing to it. This is WAY to easy on him.

Khari
08-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I hope the judge rejects the plea agreement. I really want this to go to trial, and I want him hammered, and then have the book thrown at him. I want him to rot in hell or the closest thing to it. This is WAY to easy on him.

OMG I agree with Porky on something :user:

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I'll bring back this quote from USA Today:

Oh, I've been saying all along that the gambling is the reason he might be banned permanently. I was only saying that Vick may have insisted on that part of the deal thinking that it might help. I don't think it helps at all since everything else is in play...including a gambling ring..side bets or not.

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 04:32 PM
If PacMan gets a one year suspension without a felony conviction, Vick is looking at least 2, maybe 3 year suspension, for any plea.

It isn't aggregate either so whatever happens he will be out of the legue a few years minimum.

Porky
08-24-2007, 05:05 PM
OMG I agree with Porky on something :user:

Oh come on Khari, you know you love me. :blowakiss:

CloakNNNdagger
08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh, I've been saying all along that the gambling is the reason he might be banned permanently. I was only saying that Vick may have insisted on that part of the deal thinking that it might help. I don't think it helps at all since everything else is in play...including a gambling ring..side bets or not.

Yeh, I think we're on the same page with this.

Mr. White
08-24-2007, 05:44 PM
This is getting crazier by the day. From PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

IS DMX MIKE'S FIRST VICTIM?

With Mike Vick pleading guilty to federal conspiracy charges and agreeing to "provide all information known to [him] regarding any criminal activity as requested by the government," is it a coincidence that one day after Vick signed the papers the house of rapper DMX was raided, and 12 "distressed" pit bulls were removed?

If Vick truly was a dog fighting "heavyweight," would Vick not know about other celebrities who engage in the sport?

It's possible that it really was a coincidence. But it's also possible that any and all high-profile sports and entertainment figures will soon be getting a visit from guys with guns and badges.

Second Honeymoon
08-24-2007, 05:56 PM
This is getting crazier by the day. From PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

DMX was one of the first to glorify dog fighting and the whole pitbull culture in his rap videos and with his record company's logo. FWIW, there is no coincidence here. It may not have been Vick that outted DMX but this whole investigation is connected. These guys are guys that a lot of the young african-american community look up to and they are setting bad examples. The federal government owes it to society to punish these people and make an example of them and then the african-american community needs to find some new role models other than jacked up hiphop musicians and stoned ignorant athlete thugs. Maybe a few of these families can mix in a father while they are at it. Be responsible and stop having babies and then leaving her to raise the child alone. It is truly an epidemic in all communities, but especially the African-American community.

I laughed my arse off at Vick's dad trying to act like he tried to stop it all. If the guy would have done the right thing and the MANLY thing to do, he would have been a father figure for Vick during his developing years and not just decide to reappear once his son has the golden lottery ticket of professional sports. It really ticks me off when the dads reappear when its in their own interest. That was one thing I liked about Reggie Bush's dad. It's not his biological father, but that guy was there for RB during his years growing up. Obviously he made some mistakes (free housing from sports marketing firm during RB's USC days) but at least he was man enough to be a dad. I remember I got a little choked up when Bush thanked his stepfather during his Heisman acceptance speech. I thought it was sincere and really showed how much fathers mean to their kids. I had a still have a father growing up but many of my friends did not. These 'thugs' just need some dads and some good ole fashioned tender loving care partnered with a little discipline.

The true African-American role models preach this non-stop but they are dismissed as Uncle Tom's by the black community. Listen to Cosby talk about the situation. That guy should be the face of the African-American community and is proud to be black, but he is too 'white' for most blacks. i guess being 'white' means being successful, responsible, and not selfdestructive to his own race. We need more white African-Americans if that is the case and less Vick, Starbury, and Roy Jones. Roy Jones came off as a brainless loser in that interview. That guy is a pile of garbage. Shame on him.

Khari
08-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Falcons QB Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

http://www.nfl.com/

Errant Hothy
08-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Falcons QB Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

http://www.nfl.com/

Yeah, who didn't see this coming from about a 1,000 miles away?

powerfuldragon
08-24-2007, 05:59 PM
yes, but now it's official.

Koolaid Time
Breaking News from 680 AM in Atlanta.

NFL indefinitely suspends Mike Vick.

Khari

YAY! :doot:

powerfuldragon
check the other vick thread...

Koolaid Time
08-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Vick might as well cop an "Honest Plea" and not try to play games with the Judge.

From God Roger:

» "Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions."

» "Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

» "You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy."

» "I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters."

» "I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract."

In other words, this Quarterback is:

http://politicalpartypoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/toast.jpg

Second Honeymoon
08-24-2007, 06:03 PM
a sad day for Michael Vick and his family. i feel sorry for his mother and lay shame upon his father who shows up to parent his child 30 years too late. a sad day for the NFL and the Falcons. a sad day for our society in general.

that being said, justice was served and Vick was treated very fairly during this entire ordeal. kudos to the feds and kudos to Goodell for not succumbing to public opinion and letting some things run their course before he acted.

Vick needs help but even if he gets it, I don't want him in the NFL anymore. He has a right to earn a living but he has no right to be in the league. it is private and he has no god given right to membership.

infantrycak
08-24-2007, 06:15 PM
DMX was one of the first to glorify dog fighting and the whole pitbull culture in his rap videos and with his record company's logo.

The shame is anyone who thinks Vick knows about them will now be scrambling to either kill or hide their dogs.

tulexan
08-24-2007, 06:16 PM
What is Marcus going to do to regain the title as the worst Vick?

gtexan02
08-24-2007, 06:17 PM
i am going to laugh hysterically at all of you lemmings that rushed to the conclusion of lifetime bans and extreme prison sentences......i've said all along, no jailtime, and probably no nfl suspension..

So now do we get to laugh hysterically or what? No NFL suspension, HA

nunusguy
08-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Vick needs help but even if he gets it, I don't want him in the NFL anymore. He has a right to earn a living but he has no right to be in the league. it is private and he has no god given right to membership.

If Leonard Little got drunk and got in a car and killed another human being with his car, why can he remain in the league but Michael Vick can't because he killed some dogs ?

CloakNNNdagger
08-24-2007, 06:21 PM
A commentary that brings it on. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7084717811198270194) Be patient through the first few seconds of "intro."

infantrycak
08-24-2007, 06:23 PM
If Leonard Little got drunk and got in a car and killed another human being with his car, why can he remain in the league but Michael Vick can't because he killed some dogs ?

Past examples prove and justify nothing. How about the bottom line--what should have happened to Little, what should happen to Vick?

To supply one obvious distinction--one time unintentional act vs. 6+ years of intentional criminal activity.

Mr. White
08-24-2007, 06:24 PM

Leonard Little is a dumbass that got drunk and killed somebody. There's lots more like him.

Mike Vick is running a criminal enterprise.

Totally different animals.

gtexan02
08-24-2007, 06:24 PM

Lets not forget that a HUGE component of this is the gambling. Why is Little still around and other people have been banned for a lifetime for gambling?

Why is that ref looking at 25 years, when manslaughter carrries like a 5 year sentence?

tulexan
08-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Who cares what happened to another criminal in the past? Goddell was not the commish back then and he is now.

Porky
08-24-2007, 06:32 PM
So now do we get to laugh hysterically or what? No NFL suspension, HA

Paging SWT to the Vick thread. Please hurry. Crow is best served warm. :devilpig:

Specnatz
08-24-2007, 06:34 PM

I will just point out one simple fact that you seem unwilling to notice ...........

there is a NEW SHERIFF in TOWN!

The new sheriff has made a statement regarding vick and that is ..........

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/Sign-Banned2.gif

Koolaid Time
08-24-2007, 06:39 PM

No, because Vick:

1. Lied to the Commish.

2. Lied to Arthur Blank.

3. Was involved in Illegal Gambling.

4. Was involved in Organized Crime.

5. Would be a continuing discredit to the NFL.

5. Was involved in a vile, subhuman activity.

nunusguy
08-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Leonard Little is a dumbass that got drunk and killed somebody. There's lots more like him.

Mike Vick is running a criminal enterprise.

Totally different animals.
"Totally different animals" ? Was that some kind of shot at a pun there
Mr. W ?
Anyway, gotta say that you and your buddies are dodgin & duckin with cop-outs today. You guys value your pets more than human life it would seem. Honestly I can't decide what to think about that ?
OK, let me up the ante here. Little went on to get another DUI after he killed the human being in the earlier drunken-driving event, and yet the NFL continued to permit him on the field. Granted, same ole dumbass as you say,
but does the league not have some kind of obligation at this point to put their foot down ? Or is it still OK in your view for him to play in the NFL ?

infantrycak
08-24-2007, 07:01 PM
gotta say that you and your buddies are dodgin & duckin with cop-outs today.

Funny, I don't see you answering direct questions.

Little went on to get another DUI after he killed the human being in the earlier drunken-driving event, and yet the NFL continued to permit him on the field.

He was acquitted. Care to try again?

Specnatz
08-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Funny, I don't see you answering direct questions.

He was acquitted. Care to try again?

The fatcs do not matter. It also is irrevalent that the judge oreder Little to never drink again.

Mr. W ?
Anyway, gotta say that you and your buddies are dodgin & duckin with cop-outs today. You guys value your pets more than human life it would seem. Honestly I can't decide what to think about that ?
OK, let me up the ante here. Little went on to get another DUI after he killed the human being in the earlier drunken-driving event, and yet the NFL continued to permit him on the field. Granted, same ole dumbass as you say,
but does the league not have some kind of obligation at this point to put their foot down ? Or is it still OK in your view for him to play in the NFL ?

The collective bargining agreement did not have anything in it regarding player conducts as they do now. they do have a drug/alcholo policy and Little is in that program.

Now that the league has a new commissioner, tgether with the NFLPA they reworked the collective barginning agreement to have a player conduct model in which you see guys like qubert, Tank Johnson and Chris Henry being suspended. Now you have Vick falling under this and he is suspended. What you are suggesting is to punish Little again for what he did years ago. It is wonderful that you think a player should be punished under a new commissioner and under new rules for something he was already punished for.

So no the league should not put their foot down.

HoustonFrog
08-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Mr. W ?

Specnatz spelled it out but what is so hard about understanding that Leonard Little was not convicted of the second DWI..it was speeding..and there was another commisioner. I think he is a moron for going out and doing what he did yet that is a case that was pre-NFL policy. They aren't going to start retroactively punishing guys according to the new rules. Seriously, is that what you are trying to say?Because that is what you sound like. Its the only way your statement makes sense...well to you. No one here puts a human life above an animals. The only thing I'm concentrating on right now is Vick. No matter how you try and spin it and twist it, it amounts to heinous acts and torture of animals while running a gambling ring. It is illegal and he is getting busted. When the next NFLer kills a guy or does something, we can discuss it then. Overall though I will be just as offended.

Marcus
08-24-2007, 07:31 PM
The NFL didn't suspend Vick indefinately because he killed dogs. So, lets do away with the 'value of animals over the value of human life' take, OK?

The NFL suspended Vick because . . .

"your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL player contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

Second Honeymoon
08-24-2007, 07:57 PM
The shame is anyone who thinks Vick knows about them will now be scrambling to either kill or hide their dogs.

great point icak. time to flush the 'stash' into the toilet....cops at the door

Second Honeymoon
08-24-2007, 08:11 PM

Little was dumb and irresponsible and killed a woman while driving under the influence. He got punished both in courts and by the NFL based on the evidence gathered. Basically, Little did something irresponsible but an accident while Vick did something reprehensible and not just intentionally but also ran a cottage industry organized crime ring SEEDED with NFL money. It's vile and conniving at its core. Both were involved in great loss but one was an accident and not an enterprise.

I have strong STL ties and the consensus amongst fans is that Little needs to go. It's an embarassment to the city and coupled with Josh Hancock's Cardinals reliever DUI death, the heat has been raised. There is a drinking culture in every city's team but you also have to be responsible and not get liquored up at the local strip tavern and then crash and die. Sadly, the coach and the owner don't want to get rid of Little because he is helping them win football games. I was never a Rams fan anyway. Shame on them. Now if you wanna talk about Diedorf and Green or Lomax, I'll talk turkey. It's sad, both my 'home' cities lost their football teams.....

hopefully the Texans can follow the Rams and win a SuperBowl shortly after replacing a long standing franchise like the Oilers and the St.Louis Football Cardinals.

TexansLucky13
08-24-2007, 11:10 PM
I can't believe people aren't talking about this already.

It's official. Vick is gone. Done. Banished.

Good riddance.

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2007, 01:03 AM
An interesting editorial commentary of Vick's thumbing his nose at reality Atlanta Journal Constitution):

Vick did what cowards do (http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/08/24/vick_did_what_c.html)

Maybe one day he’ll step to a microphone and express remorse. But we’re past the point of trust. Repentance needs to be wired to a polygraph.

Mr. White
08-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Mr. W ?

If you have to ask.....

Mike Vick is an organized crime figure. And it's a disgusting racket that he's involved in.

Leonard Little isn't.

I'm not making any comparison between human life and animals. I never even addressed that aspect of it.

I'm pretty sure that if Leonard Little got another DUI anytime soon, then he'd be out on his ass.

Vinny
08-25-2007, 02:23 AM
Vick deeply into dogfighting, father says
QB's dad says he didn't abandon family

By BY MATT KEMPNER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/24/07

Michael Vick's father said he pushed his son to quit dogfighting years ago or, at least, put property used for the fights in the name of friends to avoid being implicated some day.

Michael Boddie, in two sometimes tearful interviews with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution this week, said some time around 2001 his son staged dogfights in the garage of the family's home in Newport News, Va. Boddie also said Vick kept fighting dogs in the family's backyard, including injured ones — "bit up, chewed up, exhausted" — that the father nursed back to health.

Boddie, who is estranged from his son, dismissed the idea that Vick's longtime friends were the main instigators of the dogfighting operation.

"I wish people would stop sugarcoating it," Boddie said. "This is Mike's thing. And he knows it."

He "likes it, and he has the capital to have a set up like that."http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/23/vickdad_0824.html

GlassHalfFull
08-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Reading the AJC article interviewing MV's dad almost made me feel sorry for him - with such a parasite for a father it is no wonder MV has poor judgement.

On the other hand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW0dhh_Aj6A

Best line - underthrew the dog a bone :heart:

CloakNNNdagger
08-25-2007, 11:50 AM
It took them long enough..........Nike, you couldn't give up squeezing that last nickel before you were forced to, could you?

On the day that Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick pled guilty to charges related to dogfighting, Nike announced on Friday night that it has ended its relationship with its former endorser.

"Nike has terminated our contract with Michael Vick following today's release of details of his plea," Nike said, in a statement. "As we have said in previous statements, we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane, abhorrent and unacceptable."

Nike is the last company to have a relationship with Vick. Air Tran announced it would not re-sign the star, as did Rawlings.

The company suspended the release of Vick's new signature shoe, which was due to hit stores this week, and then eventually suspended his contract.

Sources tell CNBC that Nike will owe no money to Vick for terminating him as his contract specified that the company had that right if he were ever indicted.

Nike Nixes Contract (http://www.cnbc.com/id/20430985)

CloakNNNdagger
08-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I had to post this pathetic (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-08-27-2672656486_x.htm)statement in total. These words came from the heart............the problem is they didn't come from Vick's. Have you ever heard him speak in public? These are words that were "ghost written" probably by the same person that wrote Fabio's and OJ's books.........Oh, I know, I burst everyone's balloon....... most of you thought that they authored their books themselves. :

"For most of my life, I've been a football player, not a public speaker, so, you know, I really don't know, you know, how to say what I really want to say.

You know, I understand it's - it's important or not important, you know, as far as what you say but how you say things. So, you know, I take this opportunity just to speak from the heart.

First, I want to apologize, you know, for all the things that - that I've done and that I have allowed to happen. I want to personally apologize to commissioner Goodell, Arthur Blank, coach Bobby Petrino, my Atlanta Falcons teammates, you know, for our - for our previous discussions that we had. And I was not honest and forthright in our discussions, and, you know, I was ashamed and totally disappointed in myself to say the least.

I want to apologize to all the young kids out there for my immature acts and, you know, what I did was, what I did was very immature so that means I need to grow up.

I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward to bettering Michael Vick the person, not the football player.

I take full responsibility for my actions. For one second will I sit right here - not for one second will I sit right here and point the finger and try to blame anybody else for my actions or what I've done.

I'm totally responsible, and those things just didn't have to happen. I feel like we all make mistakes. It's just I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions. And you know, those things, you know, just can't happen.

Dog fighting is a terrible thing, and I did reject it.

I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God. And I think that's the right thing to do as of right now.

Like I said, for this - for this entire situation I never pointed the finger at anybody else, I accepted responsibility for my actions of what I did and now I have to pay the consequences for it. But in a sense, I think it will help, you know, me as a person. I got a lot to think about in the next year or so.

I offer my deepest apologies to everybody out in there in the world who was affected by this whole situation. And if I'm more disappointed with myself than anything it's because of all the young people, young kids that I've let down, who look at Michael Vick as a role model. And to have to go through this and put myself in this situation, you know, I hope that every young kid out there in the world watching this interview right now who's been following the case will use me as an example to using better judgment and making better decisions.

Once again, I offer my deepest apologies to everyone. And I will redeem myself. I have to.

So I got a lot of down time, a lot of time to think about my actions and what I've done and how to make Michael Vick a better person.

Thank you."

Koolaid Time
08-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Nike said, in a statement. "As we have said in previous statements, we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane, abhorrent and unacceptable."

But using child and slave labor to make your over-priced shoes IS acceptable?

Speedy
08-27-2007, 09:07 PM
So, anybody watching Vickday Night Football?

Way past ready for this story to go away.

Red_Zone
08-27-2007, 10:44 PM

True dat, I wish these guys would shut up with the Vick stuff and announce the game like they were paid to do. It's ridiculous, Vick is all they have talked about.

As to Vicks apology speech today, I mostly thought it was sincere. Vick is losing millions of dollars and will most likely spend a year in jail. He's been brought down from his arrogant attitude a few weeks ago of "the whole world loves Michael Vick". You'd have to be a fool to not be sincerely sorry you brought all that stuff down on your head and all those who had trusted you and looked up to you, even Michael Vick. But that doesn't mean I want him back in a Falcon uniform.

texasguy346
08-27-2007, 10:55 PM

I second that. They need to focus on football.

Koolaid Time
08-27-2007, 11:00 PM

Joey Harrington looked good at times. But I still think the Falcons are 4-12.

texasguy346
08-27-2007, 11:06 PM

I think their defense will be good enough to win them a couple of games so I'll put them at 6 - 10. That's provided Norwood & Dunn are healthy enough to carry the offense.

Txn_in_FL
08-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Um... yeah... okay Mike.

Funny how the only time anyone regrets making the wrong decision is when they get caught doing it. Funny how everyone "finds Jesus" when they get busted screwing up.

A mistake is something that you do on the spur of the moment in poor judgement. A mistake is mixing white and colors in your washing machine.
Being involved in dog fighting for a number of years, financing it, gambling on it and killing the non-hackers is not a mistake. Dog fighting, rooster fights, the whole deal seems so third world and have a complete lack of any sort of civility to it. To me it's something you see on National Geographic.

Anyone who can sit there a seriously say it's not a big deal or accept his "apology" as his real feelings could possibly be a bigger ***** than Vick.

All I can say is have fun in the Federal Pen Mikey, go **** yer'self.

Koolaid Time
08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Um... yeah... okay Mike.

Funny how the only time anyone regrets making the wrong decision is when they get caught doing it. Funny how everyone "finds Jesus" when they get busted screwing up.

Yea, Mike is "going to turn his life over to God."

Ironic, since of course, God is "Dog" spelled backwards....

Red_Zone
08-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Yea, Mike is "going to turn his life over to God."

Ironic, since of course, God is "Dog" spelled backwards....

See, he's done a total 180! :D

Red_Zone
08-28-2007, 09:39 AM

Ahh, come on. Harrington won 6 games with the worst team in football, he should at least be good for nine this year with the new offense.

But here's the thing I like about Vick being gone, it's now a team effort again, the focus will be on the Falcons not Michael Vick. Football is a team sport it shouldn't be all about the Quaterback. Yes Vick was exciting to watch and filled up the bleachers and that's ok as long as the whole team is performing. Doesn't do much for me if they aren't winning. Look at San Fran Sissy and the Barry Bonds thing, the team sucks but everybody goes to see bonds.

The only way the Falcons could have become a winning team with Vick would have been to put him at Wide Receiver or let him carry the ball. Vick can't read defenses and he can't see over the big DL guys, all he can do is scramble around and set himself up for the run. Good defenses can shut him down and did so with regularity. And he's not a good decision maker or play caller. Vick has one tool, his speed and that's it. He's not a complete quarterback like an Elway or Montana. I never liked all the attention being on one guy, now maybe we can get back to real football and put the focus on the team which personally I think will in a couple of years be back in contention for a conference title and who knows, maybe even a Superbowl contender. It may not be with Harrington but with someone, we'll see.

Yankee_In_TX
08-28-2007, 10:01 AM
True dat, I wish these guys would shut up with the Vick stuff and announce the game like they were paid to do. It's ridiculous, Vick is all they have talked about.

As to Vicks apology speech today, I mostly thought it was sincere. Vick is losing millions of dollars and will most likely spend a year in jail. He's been brought down from his arrogant attitude a few weeks ago of "the whole world loves Michael Vick". You'd have to be a fool to not be sincerely sorry you brought all that stuff down on your head and all those who had trusted you and looked up to you, even Michael Vick. But that doesn't mean I want him back in a Falcon uniform.

Here's my ONLY post on this matter. Firstly, I turned MNF off because they quit showing the game and showed their law analyst instead, I counted to 5, they had not returned to the game, so "click."

Secondly, his speech was a complete piece of heartless dog doo fueled by a PR machine. Next time you watch it, ask, "Mike, WHAT are you sorry for?" after everything he says. Then you'll realize he said a whole bunch of nothing.

swtbound07
08-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Ahh, come on. Harrington won 6 games with the worst team in football, he should at least be good for nine this year with the new offense.

But here's the thing I like about Vick being gone, it's now a team effort again, the focus will be on the Falcons not Michael Vick. Football is a team sport it shouldn't be all about the Quaterback. Yes Vick was exciting to watch and filled up the bleachers and that's ok as long as the whole team is performing. Doesn't do much for me if they aren't winning. Look at San Fran Sissy and the Barry Bonds thing, the team sucks but everybody goes to see bonds.

The only way the Falcons could have become a winning team with Vick would have been to put him at Wide Receiver or let him carry the ball. Vick can't read defenses and he can't see over the big DL guys, all he can do is scramble around and set himself up for the run. Good defenses can shut him down and did so with regularity. And he's not a good decision maker or play caller. Vick has one tool, his speed and that's it. He's not a complete quarterback like an Elway or Montana. I never liked all the attention being on one guy, now maybe we can get back to real football and put the focus on the team which personally I think will in a couple of years be back in contention for a conference title and who knows, maybe even a Superbowl contender. It may not be with Harrington but with someone, we'll see.

absolutely stupid and untrue. Vick took his team to the NFC Championship, one game short of the super bowl. Thats as far as drew brees has managed. its farther then the cowboys have gotten in a decade or so.

Specnatz
08-28-2007, 11:13 AM
absolutely stupid and untrue. Vick took his team to the NFC Championship, one game short of the super bowl. Thats as far as drew brees has managed. its farther then the cowboys have gotten in a decade or so.

That is so yesteryear. this league is what have you done lately. Teams started putting 8 or 9 in the box, he was not able to do what he was doing and thus sucking it up pretty bad. If you can not throw down the field accurately the league will figure you out and you will not accomplish jack crap, ala the falcons.

swtbound07
08-28-2007, 11:32 AM
That is so yesteryear. this league is what have you done lately. Teams started putting 8 or 9 in the box, he was not able to do what he was doing and thus sucking it up pretty bad. If you can not throw down the field accurately the league will figure you out and you will not accomplish jack crap, ala the falcons.

he accomplished more than most have in their entire careers. To say that the falcons can't have seasonal, and post seasonal success with him when they clearly already have is insane.

Koolaid Time
08-28-2007, 11:40 AM

Tell you what.. if they use that 5 wide-out set with an empty backfield very often in the Regular Season....they better have the phone numbers of a couple of Free Agent QB's on their Speed Dial... because if they lose Joey they will be lucky to win 1 game afterwards..

Noblesse Oblige
08-28-2007, 12:23 PM
The ESPN Spin Machine is nauseating. Imagine what the network could do for Pacman or Chris henry if they treated them the same way they are treating vick. it's a joke.

Red_Zone
08-28-2007, 07:32 PM
he accomplished more than most have in their entire careers. To say that the falcons can't have seasonal, and post seasonal success with him when they clearly already have is insane.

Number one draft pick, highest paid QB in NFL and he takes his team to 7 wins in his fifth year, big whoop. Not even 500 ball. Take away his rushing yards and his numbers are identical to Harringtons. Not to mention he's totally without class (flipping off the fans) or that he was a thug. Good riddance. I was a fan the first two years, but he lost me a long time ago. And can you imagine what kind of person you have to be to torture dogs like that and kill them?

Specnatz
08-29-2007, 12:24 PM
I read Texans_Chick's fanhouse blog http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/29/behold-the-power-of-the-governors-cup-texans-are-champions-of/ (need to know how yall make it a link with a pharse) and followed it to other links and read this ...

Mikes new position
Probably gonna be Doggy-style.

I think people should have to earn a Superman tattoo, by getting shot in the chest first. You know, just to make sure.

by txnpwrlifter on Sun Aug 26, 2007 at 10:34:48 AM EDT

I thought it was funny so I thought I would share.

swtbound07
08-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Number one draft pick, highest paid QB in NFL and he takes his team to 7 wins in his fifth year, big whoop. Not even 500 ball. Take away his rushing yards and his numbers are identical to Harringtons. Not to mention he's totally without class (flipping off the fans) or that he was a thug. Good riddance. I was a fan the first two years, but he lost me a long time ago. And can you imagine what kind of person you have to be to torture dogs like that and kill them?

wait a second..i thought we were debating the player. You went back to the off the field crap. I was pointing out that your perception of him as a player is inaccurate. Sure, if you take away the stats and abilities that don't agree with your point, he's similar to somebody else. He can lead his team to the NFC championship. he's done it before. How many years was manning in the league before he won a title? Exactly.

hollywood_texan
08-29-2007, 03:31 PM
How many years was manning in the league before he won a title? Exactly.

And Vick is no in longer in the league. Your point is meaningless in relation to Vick. Exactly!

Errant Hothy
09-20-2007, 08:47 PM
It's not over yet!

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/14161097/detail.html

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. -- Evidence found at a slain man’s home in Catawba County may link him to a dog-fighting ring that led to charges against infamous NFL player Michael Vick.

Catawba County Sheriff David Huffman confirmed for Eyewitness News that Bud Melton kept meticulous records on the dogs found at his mobile home, and some of the names of those dogs match names in paperwork for Bad Newz Kennels – the interstate dog-fighting and breeding operation connected to Vick.

Melton was found shot to death inside his Little Mountain Road home in April. Thirty pit bulls, many showing signs they had been used for fighting, were behind the home and had to be put down.

Catawba County investigators are looking into possible connections between dogs Melton owned and dogs owned by Bad Newz Kennels. Huffman said right now there is no evidence of a direct connection, but there is a strong possibility.

Other evidence connecting Melton to dog fighting includes video tapes and treadmills investigators believe were used to train dogs for fighting.

Huffman said Vick was not on any tapes, but when Eyewitness News asked if the Bad Newz Kennels was involved in the tapes, he said, “I can’t answer that.”

From what it sounds like Vick and Co. may not have had that much involved in the murder, but it also sounds like there may now be even more evidence against Vick and Co.

infantrycak
09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
County Prosecutor dog piling today:

"Yes, I'm presenting matters to the grand jury that involve dogfighting at 1915 Moonlight Road," Surry County Commonwealth Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Monday night.

Moonlight Road is the address of the two-story home on 15 mostly undeveloped acres that has been host to "Bad Newz Kennels" since 2001. It's where dozens of pit bulls were found in April, and where they were trained, fought and brutally executed.

"Most of the matters that I'm presenting have already been admitted in sworn statements authored by the defendants in the federal proceedings," Poindexter said.

Poindexter couldn't detail the exact indictments he will pursue, but said the local investigation and the federal investigation largely focused on different crimes.

"The killing of dogs is one of those statutory prohibitions. Dogfighting is a crime, the mistreatment of animals is a crime, so you could take your pick, or take them all," Poindexter said before cutting the conversation short. "I don't have anything else to say about it. I'm through with it. Hopefully it's coming to an end."

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3034935&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

Specnatz
09-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Poindexter is a total moron. This sounds more like I do not want to do anything and now that the feds have done something he wants it to look like he did something to the voters. If the people of surry county re-elect him it shows how ignorant they are as well.

GlassHalfFull
09-25-2007, 10:42 AM
I grew up in Southern VA and must admit to following the Vick debacle with morbid fascination. Poindexter makes VA look so bad, he is an embarassment to the VA law community. First, he refuses to take action and stalls to the point where the Feds step in. Then he pulls this to try and redeem himself. I don't think he is fooling anyone but himself. Hopefully, he will be voted out of office next election.

tulexan
09-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Poindexter is a total moron. This sounds more like I do not want to do anything and now that the feds have done something he wants it to look like he did something to the voters. If the people of surry county re-elect him it shows how ignorant they are as well.

It's more like this is probably the easiest case he will ever have before him and would be dumb not to take it. Vick already admitted to dogfighting, killing dogs, and gambling in a signed summary of facts. This case should take somewhere between 15-30 minutes if it even goes to trial.

The1ApplePie
09-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Man this "Vick Divide" thing on ESPN is a joke and a trainwreck put together.

CloakNNNdagger
09-25-2007, 09:07 PM
State indictment official: (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=3650491)

Vick was convicted of a federal conspiracy count while the state indictment deals with the act of dog fighting, said Steven Benjamin, a Richmond defense lawyer who is not involved in the case. The prosecution will argue that's enough of a difference to allow the charges to proceed, he said.

Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter had told The Associated Press on Monday night that he would seek indictments on different crimes than the ones Vick admitted to in federal court. He did not elaborate to reporters outside court Tuesday.

GlassHalfFull
09-25-2007, 09:26 PM
It's more like this is probably the easiest case he will ever have before him and would be dumb not to take it. Vick already admitted to dogfighting, killing dogs, and gambling in a signed summary of facts. This case should take somewhere between 15-30 minutes if it even goes to trial.

You would think so wouldn't you. However, somehow, someway Poindexter managed this

"The grand jury declined to indict the 27-year-old Vick and two co-defendants on eight additional counts of killing or causing to be killed a companion animal, felonies that would have exposed them to as many as 40 years in prison if convicted."

Makes you wonder.

Errant Hothy
09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
You would think so wouldn't you. However, somehow, someway Poindexter managed this

"The grand jury declined to indict the 27-year-old Vick and two co-defendants on eight additional counts of killing or causing to be killed a companion animal, felonies that would have exposed them to as many as 40 years in prison if convicted."

Makes you wonder.

A bit misleading don't you think?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3035692
After a Surry County grand jury indicted the Atlanta Falcons quarterback and three co-defendants Tuesday, Vick's lawyers indicated they will fight the state charges on the grounds that he can't be convicted twice of the same crime.

The grand jury declined to indict the 27-year-old Vick and two co-defendants on eight additional counts of killing or causing to be killed a companion animal, felonies that would have exposed them to as many as 40 years in prison if convicted.

infantrycak
09-26-2007, 10:49 AM

What's misleading? Pointdexter delegates all responsibility and knowledge of the biggest or at least highest profile case of his career to such a degree that he can't even answer whether Vick's federal court confession was presented to the grand jury and there is nothing fishy going on? Like the local defense attorney said--something is whack when a grand jury won't indict with a confession--well unless they didn't see it.

ESPN's legal analyst has fallen off his rocker and banged his head. Double jeopardy has zero application to this indictment--it only bars prosecution twice for the same crime. The feds indicted him for raising dogs for interstate dog fighting and conspiracy to do the same. The Virginia charges were sought for promoting dog fighting, dog fighting and animal cruelty--killing the dogs. Remember the Rodney King cops being acquitted in state court and then convicted in federal court?

Errant Hothy
09-26-2007, 11:04 AM
What's misleading? Pointdexter delegates all responsibility and knowledge of the biggest or at least highest profile case of his career to such a degree that he can't even answer whether Vick's federal court confession was presented to the grand jury and there is nothing fishy going on? Like the local defense attorney said--something is whack when a grand jury won't indict with a confession--well unless they didn't see it.

ESPN's legal analyst has fallen off his rocker and banged his head. Double jeopardy has zero application to this indictment--it only bars prosecution twice for the same crime. The feds indicted him for raising dogs for interstate dog fighting and conspiracy to do the same. The Virginia charges were sought for promoting dog fighting, dog fighting and animal cruelty--killing the dogs. Remember the Rodney King cops being acquitted in state court and then convicted in federal court?

I meant that the quote given by GlassHalfFall would lead one to believe that Vick was not being brought up on any charges, that's all.

infantrycak
09-26-2007, 11:12 AM
I meant that the quote given by GlassHalfFall would lead one to believe that Vick was not being brought up on any charges, that's all.

Aaah.

Man the end to the Vick Town Hall meeting was sad. Hard to tell the overwhelming cause, Vick love, devaluing dogs or racial allegiance (reality of course being a combination of all of the those), but it seemed like at least two thirds of the crowd was in favor of dog fighting being either legal or not a felony.

HoustonFrog
09-26-2007, 11:12 AM

I think the main word in all of this is "additional." I'm not sure who is saying what but he was indicted yet they refused to indict on those specific additional charges. Anyways.

Errant Hothy
09-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Aaah.

Man the end to the Vick Town Hall meeting was sad. Hard to tell the overwhelming cause, Vick love, devaluing dogs or racial allegiance (reality of course being a combination of all of the those), but it seemed like at least two thirds of the crowd was in favor of dog fighting being either legal or not a felony.

Wasn't this being held in Atlanta? If it was I'd be willing to bet some of the "special intrest" groups made sure that those in the audience help views that were in support of Vick. Kinda like how the Republicans and Democrates stock the audiences for party debates and speaking events, espically during a presidential run.

infantrycak
09-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Yup it was in Atlanta.

Errant Hothy
09-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Yup it was in Atlanta.

Gee I wonder why? And I'm sure the audience was a bunch of Vick fans. I'm glad I missed this, as it sounds more like publicity stunt then a true look/discussion on the topics.

GlassHalfFull
09-26-2007, 11:25 AM

Sorry, not trying to be misleading. I guess I assumed (you know what they say about people who assume) that the other indictments were known facts. I was trying to rag on Poindexter at that point. It is beyond me how he couldn't get the additional indictments.

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Sorry, not trying to be misleading. I guess I assumed (you know what they say about people who assume) that the other indictments were known facts. I was trying to rag on Poindexter at that point. It is beyond me how he couldn't get the additional indictments.

Because he has his head firmly implanted up his ass or up Vick's.

HOU-TEX
09-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Eh..there's only one Poindexter in my book. The physical specimen in the middle will always be the one and only Poindexter.

http://www.katfm.com/images/80s_nerds/Lamar_Wormser_Poindexter_Lewis_Booger.jpg

HoustonFrog
09-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Breaking story.....Vick tested positive for mary jane!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3037175

A urine sample submitted by Michael Vick has tested positive for marijuana, and as a result he'll have tighter restrictions on his freedom.

The test was taken on Sept. 13. Because of the positive test, federal court probation officer Patricia Locket-Ross, who is assigned to Vick, asked Judge Henry Hudson to place special conditions on Vick's release, which include refraining from use or unlawful possession of a narcotic drug or other controlled substance.

GlassHalfFull
09-26-2007, 01:21 PM
New problems for Vick Fanhouse article here (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/26/michael-vick-tests-positive-for-marijuana/)

"ESPN's Kelly Naqi is reporting that suspended Falcons quarterback Michael Vick tested positive for marijuana on Sept. 13, meaning he will face stricter release conditions as he awaits sentencing for the federal felony charges he pleaded guilty to."

HoustonFrog
09-26-2007, 01:24 PM
New problems for Vick Fanhouse article here (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/26/michael-vick-tests-positive-for-marijuana/)

"ESPN's Kelly Naqi is reporting that suspended Falcons quarterback Michael Vick tested positive for marijuana on Sept. 13, meaning he will face stricter release conditions as he awaits sentencing for the federal felony charges he pleaded guilty to."

Just got ya on the scoop..lol!!:user:

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 01:29 PM
WoW, I guess he thinks he can't get into anymore trouble than he already is in. The judge has yet to hand Vick his sentence yet and he is already trying to see if he can get more time.

Texan_Bill
09-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I love this guy... He is absolutely brilliant!!!! Just when it was becoming a slow news week, he provides plenty of fodder!!!

AWESOME!!

GlassHalfFull
09-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Just got ya on the scoop..lol!!:user:

See, it is because I wasted time going advanced and linking the thread in. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool:

HoustonFrog
09-26-2007, 01:33 PM
See, it is because I wasted time going advanced and linking the thread in. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. :cool:

I hear ya!!:tinfoil:

HoustonFrog
09-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I love this guy... He is absolutely brilliant!!!! Just when it was becoming a slow news week, he provides plenty of fodder!!!

AWESOME!!

I guess his plans to "chill" before sentencing are ruined.

DiehardChris
09-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Wow. See, it's not that he's just a bad guy - he's also a complete freaking *****. Yet there will still be stupid Falcon fans with "Free Mike" signs saying he was specifically targeted because he's black. I guess if the player is stupid, it's no surprise that his fans are idiots too.

I wonder what Roger Goodell thinks about this. Just go ahead and make it a lifetime ban. This guy gets into ALL this trouble - then smokes a bowl? Seriously, I bet he has a lower IQ than some of the dogs he slammed on the concrete until they died.

swtbound07
09-26-2007, 01:39 PM
does anybody in america still care about pot smoking? Anybody?

DiehardChris
Wow, they censor i d i o t on this board? I did not know that.

Specnatz
I guess his plans to "chill" before sentencing are ruined.

That is how he chills.

Smoke some weed and wait to go to jail for a few years.

DiehardChris
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Well, in this case it's the context. After getting into all that trouble you have to be smarter than that.

eriadoc
09-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Mike Vick takes drugs?!?! Nooooo! This can't be true! My image of him is tarnished forever!

In other news, water is wet - even that from Aquafina bottles.

Texan_Bill
09-26-2007, 01:45 PM

We do!!

Signed,

the LAW!!!

Texan_Bill
09-26-2007, 01:46 PM
That is how he chills.

Somke some weed and wait to go to jail for a few years.

I think if I was passing time until I went to jail, I might him something harder than the hippie lettuce... Maybe a little acid or something..

swtbound07
09-26-2007, 01:46 PM
We do!!

Signed,

the LAW!!!

don't turn this into a discussion of just laws vs. unjust laws...because i would think 90 percent of all rational people would argue that marijuana laws are stupid, unnecessary, and excessive. Legal and right are 2 entirely different animals in america today

HoustonFrog
09-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Wow, they censor i d i o t on this board? I did not know that.

Yeah I get that all the time and have to go to the "moron" card.:cowboy1:

Texan_Bill
09-26-2007, 01:48 PM
don't turn this into a discussion of just laws vs. unjust laws...because i would think 90 percent of all rational people would argue that marijuana laws are stupid, unnecessary, and excessive. Legal and right are 2 entirely different animals in america today

I dont know what country you live, but you may want to adjust that 90% number...

Besides that it was a joke about an i diot..

HoustonFrog
09-26-2007, 01:49 PM

Like dogs and deer.

I can't wait to drive home and hear about how people where Mike grew up used to not only dog fight but smoke some weed when they got depressed.

Errant Hothy
09-26-2007, 01:51 PM

Roger Goodel, maybe?

My employer does as well.

swtbound07
Like dogs and deer.

I can't wait to drive home and hear about how people where Mike grew up used to not only dog fight but smoke some weed when they got depressed.

i could tell you of at least 5 people on this board that would go to jail right now if you searched them for pot. And i don't even know that many folks

Texan_Bill
Someone on the Falcons message board posted this picture of Mr. Scarecrow....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Vick:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1081/1351134224_59f639feec.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Now reverse to the airport bottle suspicious of Mary Jane "that was not his ......and knows nothing of why it would test positive for MJ"..........Is there anyone out there that still believes anything that Ron Mexico has to say?

BTW, if you remember when the Fed indictment came down, no one could understand why it didn't include the actual act of dog fighting and related activities...............Well, I believe that this was choreographed from the beginning to allow the dim-witted Poindexter to save face by still sharing in the prosecution of an an actor that most people were appalled was initially left "untouchable" by the local authorities. JMHO

HoustonFrog
09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
i could tell you of at least 5 people on this board that would go to jail right now if you searched them for pot. And i don't even know that many folks

That is all good. I know people that have also...not on them..but have. I never have. I'm not judging. Just talking law. This is a case of using your head and having a brain, not what people like to do.

Grams
09-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Sounds like a mary jane smoker's thoughts.

swtbound07
09-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Sounds like a mary jane smoker's thoughts.

actually, believe it or not, i've never touched the stuff. I like my highs to come from Vicodin, if we are being blunt. heh heh, get it? being blunt...

eriadoc
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
That is all good. I know people that have also...not on them..but have. I never have. I'm not judging. Just talking law. This is a case of using your head and having a brain, not what people like to do.

Exactly. You have to be a special kind of stupid to be under indictment, under 24-hour scrutiny from the public, media, and your employer, and then go home and light up. Right and wrong don't enter into that equation. If Vick (or anyone else) thinks the marijuana laws in this country are unjust, he can go join an activist group and push lobbyists into Washington or something. Or he can vote for Ron Paul for Pres. Oh, wait ... they won't let him vote once he's a convicted felon, right?

CloakNNNdagger
09-26-2007, 02:03 PM

Are they NFL players under the well-publicized emphatic NFL rules........and under the microscope of repentance........and wanting to return to the NFL and Godell's good graces?..................I don't think so. I've seen some idiots on the board, but would have to question even them cuttin their n-ts off in lieu of "staying clean"..........Well, now that I think about it, maybe there is one out there that would entertain it.........

swtbound07
09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Are they NFL players under the well-publicized emphatic NFL rules........and under the microscope of repentance........and wanting to return to the NFL and Godell's good graces?..................I don't think so. I've seen some idiots on the board, but would have to question even them cuttin their n-ts off in lieu of "staying clean"..........Well, now that I think about it, maybe there is one out there that would entertain it.........

nice veiled shot at me....very subtle :pirate:

Texan_Bill
09-26-2007, 02:20 PM

Just curious, of those 5 people on this board, how many are awaiting sentencing on federal charges with strict guidlines on them to maintain their freedom until sentencing???

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
nice veiled shot at me....very subtle :pirate:

Well you are the only one who still defends Vick to this day, well ok all those stupid F'ing morons who were in the audience for espin town hall meeting.

I will not debate if it should or should not be legal. Under the guidelines of his bail and being out while awaiting sentencing he was not to do anything illegal. At this point in time smoking pot is illegal. There was a recommended sentencing guideline that the prosecution asked for and the judge can say yes or he can say screw that and toss Ron Mexico in jail for 5 years. This information will help to determine how long the dumb ass goes to jail for.

If he wants to piss in the wind, then go for it.

bah007
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Just curious, of those 5 people on this board, how many are awaiting sentencing on federal charges with strict guidlines on them to maintain their freedom until sentencing???

I think only 3 of them.

Errant Hothy
09-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Well you are the only one who still defends Vick to this day, well ok all those stupid F'ing morons who were in the audience for espin town hall meeting.

I will not debate if it should or should not be legal. Under the guidelines of his bail and being out while awaiting sentencing he was not to do anything illegal. At this point in time smoking pot is illegal. There was a recommended sentencing guideline that the prosecution asked for and the judge can say yes or he can say screw that and toss Ron Mexico in jail for 5 years. This information will help to determine how long the dumb ass goes to jail for.

If he wants to piss in the wind, then go for it.

There's that and the fact his employer has a strict "no pot smoking" policy.

MightyTExan
09-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Vick Tests Positive For Marijuana
http://www.click2houston.com/sports/14210536/detail.html
RICHMOND, Va. -- A federal judge placed tighter restrictions on Michael Vick on Wednesday after he tested positive for marijuana.

The results of the test prompted U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson to place special conditions on Vick's release, including restricting him to his home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. and ordering him to submit to random drug testing.

The urine sample was submitted Sept. 13, according to a document by a federal probation officer that was filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday.

Vick, who admitted bankrolling a dogfighting operation on property he owns in Surry County in his written federal plea, is scheduled for sentencing Dec. 10.
:user:

Texan_Bill
09-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Vick Tests Positive For Marijuana
http://www.click2houston.com/sports/14210536/detail.html
RICHMOND, Va. -- A federal judge placed tighter restrictions on Michael Vick on Wednesday after he tested positive for marijuana.

The results of the test prompted U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson to place special conditions on Vick's release, including restricting him to his home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. and ordering him to submit to random drug testing.

The urine sample was submitted Sept. 13, according to a document by a federal probation officer that was filed in U.S. District Court on Wednesday.

Vick, who admitted bankrolling a dogfighting operation on property he owns in Surry County in his written federal plea, is scheduled for sentencing Dec. 10.

Ummm, yeah. That was posted about an hour ago... :shades:

powerfuldragon
09-26-2007, 03:03 PM

chill out.

Brando
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
The Mike Vick story continues to grow. What else is he going to do? All the dog skeletons in his closet are coming out.

MightyTExan
09-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Ummm, yeah. That was posted about an hour ago... :shades:

D'oh! I went back a few pages and didn't see it posted.............
Vick is like a male Lohan or Hilton at this point.

Carr Bombed
09-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Someone on the Falcons message board posted this picture of Mr. Scarecrow....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Vick:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1081/1351134224_59f639feec.jpg

This is the one, that I like........

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1154/1175722916_0db8ef90a7.jpg

Carr Bombed
09-26-2007, 03:48 PM
This one is also flying around alot too.......

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1152/1262341279_0fc3abcf0a.jpg

:cool:

Errant Hothy
09-26-2007, 03:49 PM

That's funny!!

Specnatz
09-26-2007, 03:54 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1154/1175722916_0db8ef90a7.jpg

SWT is this you?

SWT has one of those. He throws it out all the time.