PDA

View Full Version : "Fighting Irish" in game at Reliant ?

nunusguy
07-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Officials from Lone Star Sports & Entertainment have held preliminary talks with Notre Dame about bringing a football game to Reliant Stadium.

Its all very preliminary, said David Brady, director of Lone Star Sports & Entertainment. Weve at least opened the dialogue.

Notre Dame plans to schedule a football game each season at neutral sites starting in 2009, school officials said earlier this month.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/5006572.html

cuppacoffee
07-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Officials from Lone Star Sports & Entertainment have held preliminary talks with Notre Dame about bringing a football game to Reliant Stadium.

Its all very preliminary, said David Brady, director of Lone Star Sports & Entertainment. Weve at least opened the dialogue.

Notre Dame plans to schedule a football game each season at neutral sites starting in 2009, school officials said earlier this month.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/5006572.html

Sign me up!!! :splits:

:coffee:

Specnatz
07-27-2007, 07:54 PM
No kidding I will be there decked in blue and gold wearing my #3 jersey

Koolaid Time
07-27-2007, 09:53 PM
No kidding I will be there decked in blue and gold wearing my #3 jersey

I wonder who the Irish will play... It won't be Rice or UH.

And I don't see UT taking them on--they like an easy non-conference schedule.

Maybe Coach Fran will do it...

TEXANSTAILGATER
08-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Whoever comes, it needs to be a good game.

gwallaia
08-09-2007, 05:46 PM
I'll be sure to miss it unless they are playing my Cougars.

hollywood_texan
08-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I wonder who the Irish will play... It won't be Rice or UH.

And I don't see UT taking them on--they like an easy non-conference schedule.

Maybe Coach Fran will do it...

Texas probably would like to play Notre Dame again. It's not like Notre Dame is powerhouse right now. Things change over a few years after the games are scheduled though. OSU was no knock over.

But, playing two games a year on a neurtal site doesn't seem realistic for the Longhorns. They would want a home/away.

Lucky
08-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I can see why ND would love this. A trip to one of the premier recruiting areas in the country, a neutral field, a bigger take at the gate. But, why would UT or A&M want to lose a home game? It would have to be against UH or Rice.

Specnatz
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
I can see why ND would love this. A trip to one of the premier recruiting areas in the country, a neutral field, a bigger take at the gate. But, why would UT or A&M want to lose a home game? It would have to be against UH or Rice.

I agree, not many recruits leave Texas or if they do they goto OU or Neb.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/Irish.gif

Texan_Bill
08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Heard through the grapevine that if this goes through, ND will be taking on my Alma Mater........................

Westbury High School :whip: