PDA

View Full Version : Mario's feet? Injured again?

gtexan02
07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
I heard on CBS last night that he was reporting his feet were a little tender again. Whats the deal with this? Does anyone have any information?

Hervoyel
07-27-2007, 09:36 AM
One more year of Mario being very ordinary because of foot problems and I'm going to personally have to place him on the (rather large) scrap heap of Texans crummy draft picks. I do not want to end up doing that but I refuse to watch another Texans player suck for 5 years before I call it like it is.

I don't want to see this. I don't want to hear this. I don't want to accept this as reality. Mario being a chronic injury added on top of the players we bypassed to take him is too much. I'm officially in denial about this.

Texan_Bill
07-27-2007, 09:41 AM
How the hell is that even possible?? They just freakin reported yesterday and today was supposed to be the first practice???

WTF??!!??

ObsiWan
07-27-2007, 09:47 AM
On the ABC (ch 13) pre-training camp show, they were talking about the D-line. They asked Mario how his feet were. He said they're mostly fine but there is still a little bit of soreness in one spot.

That's all. He said he's ready to go.

Don't blow this out of proportion.

If someone has anything in addition to what HE said, please post a link!

Immobilarity
07-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Officially in denial mode here.

This is something no one wants to hear.

gtexan02
07-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I dont think anyone is blowing anything otu of proportion here.

He has yet to do any real football practices, and he already goes and says "my feet are a little tender"

I didn't actually catch the program, but saw at least 3 or 4 people report it on the thread about the CBS newscast

Who has TIVO? Mario said his foot is a little tender?:hides:

Crap. I heard that too.
I thought that mess was all healed. :eek:

I hope this isn't something that can be aggravated and get worse over the year.
Somebody call Oshman's and order that boy some new feet!:phone:

If someone struggles all year long with an injury problem, reports it healed, then reports it sore again, I think thats reason to be concerned :( :(

real
07-27-2007, 09:52 AM
I watched the show, and I heard what he said...

I have no clue how I should take the fact that he still has soreness in his foot...

On one hand, it's normal to be sore...

On the other hand, his foot should feel great seeing as they haven't even had any real contact...

Mr. White
07-27-2007, 09:52 AM
On the ABC (ch 13) pre-training camp show, they were talking about the D-line. They asked Mario how his feet were. He said they're mostly fine but there is still a little bit of soreness in one spot.

I've been looking and can't find anything. Until I see something in print, I'm not worried.

He's a big dude with big feet and he probably has high arches. He may have soreness in his feet his entire career.

gtexan02
07-27-2007, 09:54 AM
I guess it could be any number of things:

1) His problem is still there, he just never got over it
2) This is a chronic reoccuring thing that he will experience after working out/playing
3) This is a prebuilt in excuse that he can use to justify his poor play
4) Its just normal foot tenderness, and has nothing to do with plantar fascilitis

Pantherstang84
07-27-2007, 09:56 AM

What he said. Relax people. Geez.

real
07-27-2007, 09:57 AM

2) This is a chronic reoccuring thing that he will experience after working out/playing
4) Its just normal foot tenderness, and has nothing to do with plantar fascilitis

Cross out option #4 cuz that really makes no sense...

When asked about his foot he said it's mostly fine BUT I STILL have tenderness in one spot....

Second Honeymoon
07-27-2007, 09:57 AM
This guy better work out Kubiak or you better dust off that resume. It's not like there wasn't any other talent available at #1.

Kubiak, pray that Mario's foot gets better or you are toast.

Pantherstang84
07-27-2007, 09:58 AM

5) A few fans taking a passing remark and blowing it up into thinking the guy is a bust....

Mr teX
07-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Anyone who's ever had plantar Fascitis knows that it's not something that goes completely away, especially if you're active. It's much like a hamstring injury in that once you've pulled it, you're somewhat suseptible to pulling it again.

Also, Mario hasn't been just sitting on his bum all offseason, theres already a thread that is reporting he lost 15 lbs. He's been working out & hopefully working on his craft.

You add to this the fact that he's nearly 300 lbs & .....

If he were talking about his toenails......then i'd have a problem.

real
07-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Also, Mario hasn't been just sitting on his bum all offseason, theres already a thread that is reporting he lost 15 lbs.

Defensive end Mario Williams reported to camp slimmer than he was a year ago.

Williams, who is listed at 6-6 and 293 pounds on NFL.com, said he weighs 280.
"I've kind of slimmed down a bit," he said. "It just came along with doing more stuff, just being more active."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5004423.html

gtexan02
07-27-2007, 10:15 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5004423.html

How does that change his injury concern? If anything, it makes me nervous that he may have aggravated his foot in offseason workouts, and now theres no time for proper recovery

real
07-27-2007, 10:17 AM
How does that change his injury concern? If anything, it makes me nervous that he may have aggravated his foot in offseason workouts, and now theres no time for proper recovery

I was just backing up what Tex said...

That had no indication towards whether or not Mario is still having problems...

But now that I think about it, I don't think he is...

HOU-TEX
07-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Maybe it's still tender in one spot due to the Cortisone shots taken last year. :shades: I believe he had a shot every Sunday.

:d:

Vega
07-27-2007, 10:26 AM
For what it's worth, here's my experience with Plantar Fasciitis. I had it about a year back and I play soccer pretty regularly. When it hit, I could barely walk. I rested and let it heal (although admittedly not as long as I should have). Now, I'm back to playing as much as I did before, but I can still kind of feel it. It's not painful enough that I even think about it during a game, but when I'm just walking around I know it's there. More importantly, it hasn't gotten any worse since I started playing on it again.

Of course, I play in amateur soccer leagues and weigh just over 1/2 a Mario, so it's not a perfect comparison, but I'm also probably more of a wuss than Mario so if it doesn't affect me, it shouldn't affect him. I wouldn't get too worried about it unless word were to leak that it's getting worse.

Mr teX
07-27-2007, 10:28 AM

that's just it, he may have done this at the beginning of training camp or after the 1st, 6th, or 12th game of the season if it didn't happen while he was working out in the offseason. Mines still flares up every now & then when i play basketball.

It's a condition that likely will be with him throughout his career, flaring up at times, laying dormant others.

here's a link about it:http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=144

on top of that, he just said it was a little soreness........... relax man.

Porky
07-27-2007, 10:29 AM
My wife works in the medical field, and she told me last year that Mario would always have problems after that kind of problem. She said you watch, next year they will be talking about his foot again, and I bet he misses time, at least practice time, and this will be a career long issue. :devilpig:

gtexan02
07-27-2007, 10:37 AM
My wife works in the medical field, and she told me last year that Mario would always have problems after that kind of problem. She said you watch, next year they will be talking about his foot again, and I bet he misses time, at least practice time, and this will be a career long issue. :devilpig:

IF you are right, this could set us back years. A 1st overall pick with a permanent injury concern is about the worst thing you can hope for...

Mr. White
07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I tend to think that this is probably a pretty common injury for big guys that have big feet. (I'm a size 14 and I have it.) It's just something that'll have to be managed.

If his plantar fascia were torn, then that would be something to worry about.

Double Barrel
07-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey look, it's a mountain! nah, just a molehill right now.

Let's let him practice and see how he feels. A little soreness is a long, long way from the condition he was in at the end of last season, just 7 months ago.

These guys are human, so soreness and pain comes with the territory of being a football player. He did not indicate that it is a problem or will prevent him from practicing, so let's not read 'bust' into his soreness at this point.

Honoring Earl 34
07-27-2007, 11:03 AM
They also said Mario was one of the top THREE hardest workers in the offseason .

Back when I was young I would play basketball for hours and then walk out with my shoes off because my dogs were barking . I'd be back out there the next day so .... it's probably soreness not injury .

HJam72
07-27-2007, 11:08 AM
If this does turn out to be a real problem, I'm gonna be convinced that this team is jinxed.

I know it's probably something that can be dealt with, but how much bad luck can you have? On top of stupid decisions in the past, and players and coaches that turned out bad even if they looked good to most, we have horrible luck with injuries to some of our best potential players.

The next step is waiting until week 6 or 7 to find out that Spencer is never going to play another down in the NFL, by which time Owen Daniels will be in a hospital bed. :gun:

PS-New team rule. NO FREAKING MOTORCYCLES!

michaelm
07-27-2007, 11:10 AM
If this does turn out to be a real problem, I'm gonna be convinced that this team is jinxed.

I know it's probably something that can be dealt with, but how much bad luck can you have? On top of stupid decisions in the past, and players and coaches that turned out bad even if they looked good to most, we have horrible luck with injuries to some of our best potential players.

The next step is waiting until week 6 or 7 to find out that Spencer is never going to play another down in the NFL, by which time Owen Daniels will be in a hospital bed. :gun:

Hey, don't be trying to put that bad joppru... errrr, juju on the Texans...

HoustonFrog
07-27-2007, 11:17 AM

I'm under the rules that in the NFL you make your own luck and it isn't a jinx as much as them making questionable moves..........

With that said, my feet are sore everyday from wearing dress shoes so I wouldn't put too much stock in saying it is still a little sore. Now if he is missing time and not making plays and "the foot" comes up, I'll then have a problem.

The Pencil Neck
07-27-2007, 11:55 AM

<fingers in ears.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU.... LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Once my wife's healed up, she never felt it again... to the best of my knowledge. When she heard that Mario had it, her response was "How is he even OUT there?!"

nunusguy
07-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I also saw the telecast last night and that's basically what he said. Nothing more, nothing less.
I dunno but it is a little troubling and not totally reassuring, defintely not what we wanted to hear now.

Texans_Chick
07-27-2007, 12:03 PM

Let's let him practice and see how he feels. A little soreness is a long, long way from the condition he was in at the end of last season, just 7 months ago.

These guys are human, so soreness and pain comes with the territory of being a football player. He did not indicate that it is a problem or will prevent him from practicing, so let's not read 'bust' into his soreness at this point.

This is worth repeating again.

Though I have to say it is hard not to have that Hee Haw song in your head..."if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all."....

ObsiWan
07-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Good GRIEF!! I never seen such borderline panic over a little remark.

I'll bet some of you build an Ark every time it clouds up don't you?

The rest of us just grab and umbrella and keep steppin'

When he misses some time, then I'll be worried. The man said he's ready to go. I'll take him at his word.

Kaiser Toro
07-27-2007, 01:06 PM
All this rain is making people think the sky is falling.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Wow, look at that mountain!

http://www.humeseeds.com/molehill.jpg

nunusguy
07-27-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't want to see this. I don't want to hear this. I don't want to accept this as reality. Mario being a chronic injury added on top of the players we bypassed to take him is too much. I'm officially in denial about this.
"Players we bypassed" ? What are you talking about ? What other players ?
I thought the moment after we beat (I mean lost to the 49ers) back in December 05, Mario was the obvious pick, the slam-dunk as the #1 overall in the 2006 college Draft.

markn
07-27-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm a long term sufferer of plantar fasciitis and this news doesn't surprise or bother me one bit. PF is almost impossible to completely cure, there is surgery but it has marginal success rates. Any sufferer will tell you it's all about managing the condition. Once the initial (and most painful) out-break has occurred, rest and custom fitted arch supports will suffice for most people. It's only a small percentage of folks that continue with acute pain. Most people still get the occasional out-break and soreness, but it's nothing you can't deal with. Mario is going through a discovery period of how to manage his condition, and I'm confident he'll be fine.

Vega
07-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm a long term sufferer of plantar fasciitis and this news doesn't surprise or bother me one bit. PF is almost impossible to completely cure, there is surgery but it has marginal success rates. Any sufferer will tell you it's all about managing the condition. Once the initial (and most painful) out-break has occurred, rest and custom fitted arch supports will suffice for most people. It's only a small percentage of folks that continue with acute pain. Most people still get the occasional out-break and soreness, but it's nothing you can't deal with. Mario is going through a discovery period of how to manage his condition, and I'm confident he'll be fine.

Yeah, that's been my experience. It hasn't totally gone away, but it has never gotten bad enough to hinder anything I've done. He'll be fine.

gtexan02
07-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Good GRIEF!! I never seen such borderline panic over a little remark.

I'll bet some of you build an Ark every time it clouds up don't you?

The rest of us just grab and umbrella and keep steppin'

When he misses some time, then I'll be worried. The man said he's ready to go. I'll take him at his word.

This seems funny, considering you were the first to show any signs of concern over it in the first place.

Crap. I heard that too.
I thought that mess was all healed. :eek:

I hope this isn't something that can be aggravated and get worse over the year.
Somebody call Oshman's and order that boy some new feet!:phone:

Tailgate
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, that's been my experience. It hasn't totally gone away, but it has never gotten bad enough to hinder anything I've done. He'll be fine.

I just pray that you guys are right.

Brando
07-27-2007, 02:07 PM

Quoted for being logical.Thanks I needed it.:cool:

Free Agent
07-27-2007, 02:21 PM
i will be the first to go out on a limb to say it, and i hope i'm very wrong! so far mario willaims = david carr, they both got a lot of hype from the texans' organization when drafted but no results.

ObsiWan
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
This seems funny, considering you were the first to show any signs of concern over it in the first place.

I'll remember to use the sarcasm sign from now on.

Seņor Stan
07-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Tim Duncan was suffering from plantar fasciitis during the 2005-2006 season and was not the player he was in previous years.

Fast forward to 2006-2007. No foot problems for Tim and a ring for the Spurs.

Lucky
07-27-2007, 02:35 PM
i will be the first to go out on a limb to say it, and i hope i'm very wrong! so far mario willaims = david carr...
Let me be the 1st to say that I hope your limb breaks.

HJam72
07-27-2007, 02:37 PM
I bet Mario could make his reads faster. :)

Noblesse Oblige
07-27-2007, 02:39 PM

He might be downplaying it too because he may be in denial about it. He's a gamer, but chronic problems have felled many a gamer.

The Pencil Neck
07-27-2007, 02:42 PM
I'll remember to use the sarcasm sign from now on.

There are several good smilies for that on this board.

:panic: :francis: :joker: :sarcasm: :jk:

HJam72
07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
There are several good smilies for that on this board.

Thank you. That's how I feel: :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

nunusguy
07-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Once the initial (and most painful) out-break has occurred, rest and custom fitted arch supports will suffice for most people. It's only a small percentage of folks that continue with acute pain. Most people still get the occasional out-break and soreness, but it's nothing you can't deal with. Mario is going through a discovery period of how to manage his condition, and I'm confident he'll be fine.
"Most people" aren't NFL football players who are on their feet involved in very vigorous & instense physical activity more or less daily for 7 or 8 months out of the year. In other words they have ample opportunity to rest and recover and bounch back whenever a flare-up happens and don't make their living doing things like being pro athletes.
Hey, if his problem is back, its back. Nothing the team can do but deal with it as best as they can. And it's my understanding that there was never any indication of its existance or potential to occur before he came to Houston,
so can't imagine how the Texans organization could be blamed for what's just one of those things ?

Marcus
07-27-2007, 04:08 PM
. . . so can't imagine how the Texans organization could be blamed for what's just one of those things ?

When you have a message board full of irrational blamehunters, it would be hard not to.

Honoring Earl 34
07-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I would be more concerned if it was turf toe .

badboy
07-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Mario is simply trying to confuse the other teams. He will limp through TC and then light up the QB with 6 sacks and 14 pressures in the first game.

michaelm
07-27-2007, 06:41 PM
i will be the first to go out on a limb to say it, and i hope i'm very wrong! so far mario willaims = david carr, they both got a lot of hype from the texans' organization when drafted but no results.

Can't be much room out on that limb with all those thousands of VY and RB lovers out there.
An ass load of people have been on that limb for over a year...
What kind of tree is that anyway? Giant Redwood???

Runner
07-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I've been looking and can't find anything. Until I see something in print, I'm not worried.

I think I heard that about the Spencer injury too...

V3rm0nt3r
07-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Mario is simply trying to confuse the other teams. He will limp through TC and then light up the QB with 6 sacks and 14 pressures in the first game.

I'll be praying right along side you tonight. :)

markn
07-27-2007, 07:31 PM
"Most people" aren't NFL football players who are on their feet involved in very vigorous & instense physical activity more or less daily for 7 or 8 months out of the year. In other words they have ample opportunity to rest and recover and bounch back whenever a flare-up happens and don't make their living doing things like being pro athletes.

True enough. I'm very active - work out four time a week and play soccer, but I'm no pro-athlete, and I'm certainly not Mario's weight which will also work against him. But my original point stands, once the initial aggravation abates, it's a manageable condition.

GP
07-27-2007, 07:48 PM
This is worth repeating again.

Though I have to say it is hard not to have that Hee Haw song in your head..."if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all."....

..gloom, despair, and agony on me...WhOOoa!

Who cares if he has some tenderness?

IMO...he's taking shots if it comes to it--He has no wiggle room.

And if it comes to it, he'll have an entire foot transplant (for what he's making and for what we passed on).

Nuff said. The dude will play even if it takes a shot at the end of every quarter.

Brando
07-27-2007, 09:30 PM

Ah, I remember when Magic Johnson would limp, acted like he was hurt and then blow by the defenders for a dunk/layup.

I would certianly take that!

Da_General
07-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Count me among the many here who have had to deal with this injury. While I'm not quite as big as Mario, I'm a heavy person. Not an athlete at all, although during the football season I do some horribly tough things to my feet and legs walking those lots and dancing badly while wearing a monster instrument. Over the last 2 seasons, I've had a problem with PF and it just gets worse as the season progresses. I typically am limping and barely able to get up in the morning for a couple of days after a game. Once the season ends, I usually continue to feel the pain in my feet for at least a month or two. This year, in preparation, my wife (an ex sports-trainer) came up with a series of stretches and exercises to strengthen my ankles and increase flexibility to better deal with the pain. We'll just have to see once the season starts if it works or not. I would think that the pros at the stadium have him on a pretty strict regiment of stretches specifically for the purpose of minimizing the pain and injury prospects.

For all the other sufferers out there, try this stretch to relieve some of the pain. I will go out to the deck and stand on the steps with my heels hanging off the edge, hold onto a handrail and let myself "hang" with my heels as low as I can tolerate. It was originally a stretch for shin splints, but it seems to help the PF as well. Like the wife says - it's all connected.

The Pencil Neck
07-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Ah, I remember when Magic Johnson would limp, acted like he was hurt and then blow by the defenders for a dunk/layup.

I would certianly take that!

I don't know. I mean, remember all the grief the NYG fans tried to give us after Mario did the ballin move after sacking Manning? Maybe a baseball or soccer move would be more PC...

NitroGSXR
07-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Rep coming your way.

Obsi, I think you're a solid one despite some of these guys attacking you. I'm glad you're here and I enjoy your usually well informed posts but you know you just got owned here. I don't believe the 'sarcasm' remark for one second.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/NitroHonda/owned.gif

Runner
07-27-2007, 11:38 PM

So - you think this is an act to lead to a sack on a play in October? Impressive forward planning.

BattleRedToro
07-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Rep coming your way.

Obsi, I think you're a solid one despite some of these guys attacking you. I'm glad you're here and I enjoy your usually well informed posts but you know you just got owned here. I don't believe the 'sarcasm' remark for one second.

That image is very disturbing.

ChildressTitanMan
07-28-2007, 04:49 AM
Anyone who's ever had plantar Fascitis knows that it's not something that goes completely away, especially if you're active. It's much like a hamstring injury in that once you've pulled it, you're somewhat suseptible to pulling it again.

Also, Mario hasn't been just sitting on his bum all offseason, theres already a thread that is reporting he lost 15 lbs. He's been working out & hopefully working on his craft.

You add to this the fact that he's nearly 300 lbs & .....

If he were talking about his toenails......then i'd have a problem.

Dude those 15lb were his toenails.

Brando
07-28-2007, 12:10 PM
So - you think this is an act to lead to a sack on a play in October? Impressive forward planning.

I was simply commenting from a quote from badboy..........

ObsiWan
07-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Rep coming your way.

Tell me why anyone would panic because a 6'-7"/290 lb man-ster says he had a little soreness in his foot.

Why do you think I used so many smilies?

You'll note that when I made a serious comment, I used none.

But you believe what you will.

...and who did that to the kid??

Wolf
07-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Tell me why anyone would panic because a 6'-7"/290 lb man-ster says he had a little soreness in his foot.

Why do you think I used so many smilies?

You'll note that when I made a serious comment, I used none.

But you believe what you will.

...and who did that to the kid??

kid probably decided to try his hand at cutting his own (like kids do at one time or another)

:heh:

ObsiWan
07-28-2007, 03:21 PM
kid probably decided to try his hand at cutting his own (like kids do at one time or another)

he seems to be less than satisfied with the results...

Double Barrel
07-28-2007, 03:31 PM

Either that, or his friends just watched the first Jackass movie. :tvhorror: :goodbad:

Hottoddie
07-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Just another quote to bring the VY/RB fans out again.

Look guys, the dude is a work out warrior during the off season. He's lost 15 lbs. while doing that. For a guy as big, strong, & ripped as Mario was last year, that took some serious effort.

However, no matter how hard you work out during the off season, there is no way you can truely simulate the work out you'll get when you've got a 300+ lb. lineman that is almost equally as strong as yourself, pushing back on you.

With that being said, Mario is trying to run around that lineman while both are pushing on each other. Add to that, the fact that Mario is not running straight ahead, but twisting his feet into an unnatural position while pushing off of them. Coming off a foot injury from last year, there's bound to be some soreness after just the first day of practice. Quit panicing.

However, having said all that, if he continues to experience pain, just quote one of our rivals (Peyton Manning), "Shake it off. RUB SOME DIRT ON IT!" :D

DBCooper
07-28-2007, 04:30 PM
"Shake it off. RUB SOME DIRT ON IT!" :D

lol

That's funny!

Texans_Chick
07-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Today I watched for any gimpiness and didn't see any of it.

Mario looked ripped.

DBCooper
07-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Today I watched for any gimpiness and didn't see any of it.

Mario looked ripped.

Someone that big being ripped is scary.

ObsiWan
07-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Someone that big being ripped is scary.

Now if someone can figure out a way to inject some Deacon Jones or Dick Butkus attitude into him, he'd be feared throughout the land...
:)

Overalls
07-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I was at the afternoon practice. I saw Mario play. I was kinda suprised that he only lined up to run plays when it was his groups turn. Then to top it off he was wearing a dark blue jersey when half the team was wearing white jerseys. I think he was wearing white shoes. Not sure about that. I might have to check the pictures I took to see. I didn't see him limp but I think I might have seen him give one of those "I'm gonna limp later looks" to an offensive lineman. I'll check the pictures for that also.

Honoring Earl 34
07-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Now if someone can figure out a way to inject some Deacon Jones or Dick Butkus attitude into him, he'd be feared throughout the land...
:)

That's the key ... that when he walks on the field , he deems himself unblockable .

ObsiWan
07-28-2007, 08:19 PM
I was at the afternoon practice. I saw Mario play. I was kinda suprised that he only lined up to run plays when it was his groups turn. Then to top it off he was wearing a dark blue jersey when half the team was wearing white jerseys. I think he was wearing white shoes. Not sure about that. I might have to check the pictures I took to see. I didn't see him limp but I think I might have seen him give one of those "I'm gonna limp later looks" to an offensive lineman. I'll check the pictures for that also.

I thought one squad wore one color and the other side of the ball wore the other during practice... i.e., the D wore dark and the O wore white...?

Is that not the case?

aj.
07-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I thought one squad wore one color and the other side of the ball wore the other during practice... i.e., the D wore dark and the O wore white...?

Is that not the case?

That is the case.

Overalls
07-28-2007, 08:24 PM

Is that not the case?

Yes the D had on the "deep steel blue" and the O had on "liberty white".

ObsiWan
07-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Yes the D had on the "deep steel blue" and the O had on "liberty white".

Okay, now I'm totally confused. If you knew this why was his jersey color worthy of comment...?

Originally Posted by Overalls http://home.austin.rr.com/khari/images/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=698783#post698783)
I was at the afternoon practice. I saw Mario play. I was kinda suprised that he only lined up to run plays when it was his groups turn. Then to top it off he was wearing a dark blue jersey when half the team was wearing white jerseys. I think he was wearing white shoes.

real
07-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Half was the D and the other half was the O ??

----Back to football----

I'm happy to hear Mario was looking good...

I keep hearing that the 15 lbs that he's lost really looks good on him....

Lance Z in his podcast said Michael Smith from ESPN told him he think he looks like a thicker Jason Taylor...

Overalls
07-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Okay, now I'm totally confused. If you knew this why was his jersey color worthy of comment...?

It wasn't. Notice I said his jersey was one color and HALF of the team was wearing another color. That HALF of the team being the offense. Basicly that is how concernd I am about Marios "tender foot". The entire post was a nonsense post.

awtysst
07-29-2007, 12:15 AM
Lance Z in his podcast said Michael Smith from ESPN told him he think he looks like a thicker Jason Taylor...

If this were true, Id be stoked. Jason Taylor is a dominant 5 time probowl DE. If Mario becmae this I'd be thrilled!