TheBigpaki
07-26-2007, 08:13 PM
reasons for a turn around

Texans Pride
07-26-2007, 08:17 PM
What does this thread mean?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
07-26-2007, 08:19 PM
CBS (Channel 11) is having a Texans special on why the team is primed for a successful season.

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 08:22 PM
CBS (Channel 11) is having a Texans special on why the team is primed for a successful season.

Its on channel 13
not 11

jeez Bob Allen looks old

go TEXANS
:texflag:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
07-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Its on channel 13
not 11

jeez Bob Allen looks old

go TEXANS
:texflag:

Yea, my bad.

real
07-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Pretty good look at the team...

the wonger need food
07-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I means when your at the bottom, a turn around is the only way up.

Return of the Troll

How's your boyfriend doing over there in Carolina? I hear that he might get cut.

real
07-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Ok...So Gado has a roster spot...

Lundy and Taylor are battling it out for the last RB spot...

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Hmmmm..... I think I just heard Kubiak say that Lundy and Taylor are battling for the final RB spot.

My money is on Taylor.

real
07-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Bob Allen had on some mean azz shoes....

DBCooper
07-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Hmmmm..... I think I just heard Kubiak say that Lundy and Taylor are battling for the final RB spot.

My money is on Taylor.

Mine too.

nunusguy
07-26-2007, 09:13 PM

My money is on Taylor.

He's obviously favoring Gado early, but nobody has hit anybody yet, they're got quite a ways to go yet.

MightyTExan
07-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Who has TIVO? Mario said his foot is a little tender?:hides:

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Bob Allen had on some mean azz shoes....

Cole-Haans?
Kenneth Coles?

:shades:

Rampage
07-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Return of the Troll

How's your boyfriend doing over there in Carolina? I hear that he might get cut.

Be quiet American scum.:texflag:

Hardcore Texan
07-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Please keep the re-caps coming, out here in CenTex we don't get that kind of coverage. :texflag:

Honoring Earl 34
07-26-2007, 09:26 PM
I think it had some underlying kick Carr humor . Greenwood cut his hair and Bob said ... this group does'nt care about their hair .

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Who has TIVO? Mario said his foot is a little tender?:hides:

Crap. I heard that too.
I thought that mess was all healed. :eek:

I hope this isn't something that can be aggravated and get worse over the year.
Somebody call Oshman's and order that boy some new feet!:phone:

Andrew6
07-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Crap. I heard that too.
I thought that mess was all healed. :eek:

I hope this isn't something that can be aggravated and get worse over the year.
Somebody call Oshman's and order that boy some new feet!:phone:

ah no chit, too bad Oshmans isn't here any more, are they?

Andrew6
07-26-2007, 09:37 PM
are they going to replay it later?

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 09:37 PM
ah no chit, too bad Oshmans isn't here any more, are they?

well, Sports Authority or whatever Oshman's morphed into...

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 09:45 PM
are they going to replay it later?

I was hoping so, but I don't see it on the DVR TV guide...
:o(

Anyway, what do y'all think of their top ten... You guys will have to help me with the list because I didn't see the whole show and I'm doing it from my bad memory.

1. Matt Schaub
2. Ahman Green & our running attack
4. WRs & TEs
5. Cheerleaders & Home field fans
8. Secondary
9. Offensive line

Andrew6
07-26-2007, 09:50 PM

neither do I , that kind of breaks my heart :(

Honoring Earl 34
07-26-2007, 09:53 PM

Anyway, what do y'all think of their top ten... You guys will have to help me with the list because I didn't see the whole show and I'm doing it from my bad memory.

1. Matt Schaub
4. WRs & TEs
8. Secondary
9. Offensive line

3. DL
6. LB's

Buffi2
07-26-2007, 10:17 PM

1. Matt Schaub
4. WRs & TEs
8. Secondary
9. Offensive line

10. leadership
7. Special Teams?

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 10:36 PM
okay so what do you guys think of their assessment? Or is this a case of extreme ambivalence?
1. Matt Schaub
3. Defensive Line (too high)
4. WRs & TEs
5. Cheerleaders & Home field fans (an obvious ploy to get the fans back)
6. Linebackers (should be higher IMO)
7. Special Teams
8. Secondary
9. Offensive line
10. Leadership

I know some folk will look at this list and see ten questions instead of ten assets.
Each to his own.

dalemurphy
07-27-2007, 02:32 AM
okay so what do you guys think of there assessment? Or is this a case of extreme ambivalence?
1. Matt Schaub
4. WRs & TEs
7. Special Teams
8. Secondary
9. Offensive line
10. Leadership

I know some folk will look at this list and see ten questions instead of ten assets.
Each to his own.

1. regardless of how Schaub does, just the change itself will help the offense this year.
2. no brainer. more depth starting from the top... Green is easily the most talented Rb we've ever had
3. great depth and Mario should be improved. Also, having Maddox for a full season will help the interior.
4. I think the group: AJ, Walters, Mathis, JJones, McCardell is easily the best we've had.
5. fans tend to show up late and cheer for the opposing team (Titans)
6. Demeco with experience will be a huge asset. And certainly Shawn Barber on passing downs and Danny Clark playing SLB will upgrade the team.
7. Better overall depth and a replacement for Stanley will dramatically upgrade the ST... Stanley was the worst punter in the NFL last year and heavily contributed to the loss at Dallas and vs. Buffalo.
8. the addition of Bennett and Fletcher, plus a healthy Faggins means we enter the season much stronger than in '06.
9. Winston has some experience and is ready to go at RT. everyone has a year under their belts with a new system, and Chris White, Frye, and Black improve the depth ( i won't miss Z Weigert).
10. Schaub will help with leadership as will an established Demeco Ryans. A Green will lead. And, Kubiak will be more comfortable as head coach.

I don't know how many games we'll win but it's hard to argue that we've improved in almost every area. This is easily the best team we've had!

Texanmike02
07-27-2007, 03:39 AM
okay so what do you guys think of there assessment? Or is this a case of extreme ambivalence?
1. Matt Schaub
4. WRs & TEs
7. Special Teams
8. Secondary
9. Offensive line
10. Leadership

Each to his own.

With this list I don't think its very good sports journalism to be honest. The secondary is on a list of reason's for improvement? How can anything on this list be taken seriously. Here's my top 10:

1. Coaches Maturing - when the talent on the field is approaching even its amazing how much of a difference a coach can make.
2. Matt Schaub - I know I predicted a slow start, but he IS better than the other guy.
3. Team Maturing - we have alot of players at key positions who will have more experience. Maybe Demeco can concentrate more on stripping the ball now that he's run the D for a year.
4. The running game - It should be better, if nothing else because Green is just flat out better than anyone who's suited up for us in the last ummm ever.
5. Mario Williams - Injury free, one position, less glare from the spotlight.
6. D-line - if nothing else they are healthy. That is going to help. Not sure how the man-child will do this year, but at least none of our neighbors are playing on the DL next week.
7. Hey I came up with 6. And I think they are the most important 6. Jumble the order, but there's no way that special teams, the fans, the secondary or the offensive lines should be on a top 10 list for why we should improve.

I bet most of you didn't think I could list that many =D

Maybe I'll do a post about the reasons we won't be better.

Mike

Overalls
07-27-2007, 07:29 AM
As far as the secondary goes, it did suprise me also that it was on the list. I realize that this the time of hope and homerism, but he did bring out one point that COULD lead to improvemnet in the secondary. We are bringing back all our starters from last season. I know they weren't good as a group last season, but atleast they may have time to gell together and work better as a group. We may not see much improvement in them but if they can read the offense they are playing better and know each other better it should help especially if they QB has less time to figure out our secondary because of the expected improved play of our D-line.

Mike Kerns
07-27-2007, 07:50 AM
What about home field advantage being number 5? Although, it should be manageable to go through a whole game this year without the guy I had in front of me last year whining about Carr and no Vince. Also, everyone around me was sitting on their hands the entire game... God, I hope I have better fans around my season tix this year...

TEXANS84
07-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I loved Flanagan's comments on leadership.

"With Favre, he made the huddle his huddle. You looked up to him. Last year with David after game 2, I was in charge of the huddle. Schaub has done an exceptional job with getting command and being in charge, the last part now has to be earned."

real
07-27-2007, 09:45 AM

"With Favre, he made the huddle his huddle. You looked up to him. Last year with David after game 2, I was in charge of the huddle. Schaub has done an exceptional job with getting command and being in charge, the last part now has to be earned."

That's sad.

ObsiWan
07-27-2007, 10:19 AM
With this list I don't think its very good sports journalism to be honest. The secondary is on a list of reason's for improvement? How can anything on this list be taken seriously. Here's my top 10:

1. Coaches Maturing - when the talent on the field is approaching even its amazing how much of a difference a coach can make.
2. Matt Schaub - I know I predicted a slow start, but he IS better than the other guy.
3. Team Maturing - we have alot of players at key positions who will have more experience. Maybe Demeco can concentrate more on stripping the ball now that he's run the D for a year.
4. The running game - It should be better, if nothing else because Green is just flat out better than anyone who's suited up for us in the last ummm ever.
5. Mario Williams - Injury free, one position, less glare from the spotlight.
6. D-line - if nothing else they are healthy. That is going to help. Not sure how the man-child will do this year, but at least none of our neighbors are playing on the DL next week.
7. Hey I came up with 6. And I think they are the most important 6. Jumble the order, but there's no way that special teams, the fans, the secondary or the offensive lines should be on a top 10 list for why we should improve.

I bet most of you didn't think I could list that many =D

Maybe I'll do a post about the reasons we won't be better.

Mike

I think I can give you four more - I'll admit they lean toward the optimistic but we're due to get some breaks:

7. O-line - for the same reason you listed for the D-line. Everyone is back and healthy except Spencer. Two experienced guys and one up-&-comer (White) battling for the center spot. Both guard spots are set. Weary and Pitts may not be Fuzzy Thurston and Jerry Kramer but they blocked well enough for Ron Dayne to produce. Salaam is healthy; he did a decent job playing gimpy most of last season. He should be good enough to hold the fort until Spencer returns. Black and Winston should battle it out for RT.

8. Special teams. Most likely we'll have a new punter; that's gotta be good. If Mathis is 100% we all know what he can do. If not, there's Bethel, Andre Davis, and Jacoby Jones who are a step above anyone we had returning kicks last year (who wasn't named Mathis).

9. Secondary - Basically, what Overalls said. Plus Dexter McCleon should be an upgrade at FS just from an experience standpoint. And he should bring the kid from Stanford (Harrison) along so he's ready for next year. And Petey Faggins is healthy. I've heard that he came back before he was completely healed last year and played while gimpy.

10. Team attitude. Maybe its pre-camp optimism I'm seeing, but they seem to be jelling better than last year. The offense believes in Schaub and they look up to Green. The defense has a year in the system under their belt so they can concentrate on making plays instead of wondering where they're supposed to be. And, to a man, they seem to be stressing getting turnovers. I didn't hear that last year.

that's my take... fire away!

Porky
07-27-2007, 11:15 AM

Actually, didn't he say something like after the first ten minutes of practice, I felt like it was my huddle??

Yankee_In_TX
07-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Unrelated, were there cheerleaders? We both missed it and forgot to DVR it.

TEXANS84
07-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Actually, didn't he say something like after the first twn minutes of practice, I felt like it was my huddle??

I believe he said, 2nd game.

TEXANS84
07-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Unrelated, were there cheerleaders? We both missed it and forgot to DVR it.

Lindsay got her fair share of air time.

"#2, Ahman Green"

Porky
07-27-2007, 12:33 PM
I believe he said, 2nd game.

Rats, I erased it off the DVR. Guess it's a small point, but I would be curious.

Yankee_In_TX
07-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Lindsay got her fair share of air time.

"#2, Ahman Green"

Cool, thanks. She wasn't sure which, if any, of her takes aired :)