PDA

View Full Version : Is Vonta still in the mix?

gtexan02
07-26-2007, 12:06 PM
In the Kubiak presser, all the FB talk seemd to swirly around Jameel Cook and his knee and this new guy Jon Abbate.

What happened to Leach?
I thought he was our golden boy of run blocking

real
07-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Things understood don't need to be explained.

real
07-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Leach being the starter is something he probably thought was understood, so he didin't comment on it.

gtexan02
07-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Ah, I understadn now.

We can't possibly be looking to take 3 FBs into the season, can we? I would be happy with 1...

Andrew6
07-26-2007, 12:10 PM
In the Kubiak presser, all the FB talk seemd to swirly around Jameel Cook and his knee and this new guy Jon Abbate.

What happened to Leach?
I thought he was our golden boy of run blocking

I'm hoping thats Kubiaks subtle way of saying that Jameel Cook is getting cut. After those 2 heart breaking games last year, its kind of hard to even look at him.

real
07-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Ah, I understadn now.

We can't possibly be looking to take 3 FBs into the season, can we? I would be happy with 1...

I believe we carried two on the roster last year...

Cook is going to start the year on the PUP from my understanding...

Personally I think Abbate makes the roster as the back-up FB/ Special teams guy...

Yankee_In_TX
07-26-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm hoping thats Kubiaks subtle way of saying that Jameel Cook is getting cut. After those 2 heart breaking games last year, its kind of hard to even look at him.

Like an ex who screwed you over.

Andrew6
07-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Like an ex who screwed you over.

pretty much. I saw him at the texans open house signing. Of course his line was the shortest. I stood there with my nephew untill I saw who it was. Do you know how hard it is to explain to an 8 year old how this guy ruined 2 games and thats the reason no one wants him signing anything.

real
07-26-2007, 12:29 PM
pretty much. I saw him at the texans open house signing. Of course his line was the shortest. I stood there with my nephew untill I saw who it was. Do you know how hard it is to explain to an 8 year old how this guy ruined 2 games and thats the reason no one wants him signing anything.

Man, that's embarassing...

I feel for Jameel....

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Man, that's cold.

you couldda let him sign a program or sumpin
;o)

Rampage
07-26-2007, 12:50 PM

I take it you also explained to your cousin that you have a tattoo of a team with the NFL's worst winning percentage?

Andrew6
07-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Man, that's cold.

;o)

ahhh yeahh... ummmm then when asks would you like me to sign that football I go ummm well its not you its me.

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 01:17 PM
ahhh yeahh... ummmm then when asks would you like me to sign that football I go ummm well its not you its me.

hmmmm... I see your dilemma.

Specnatz
07-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Man, that's cold.

;o)

Ouch!!

That just does not kinda suck, that blows big chunks. I am sure Cook is a good guy and all and that is why I would feel bad for him, but then you look at the football side of it and think suck it up junior.

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 01:28 PM

Cook goes onto PUP or gets cut.

Abbate ends up listed as a FB and plays ST.

If Chris Taylor doesn't get let go because of fumblitis, he ends up in a Mike Anderson sort of position where he's in at FB on some plays and in at HB/TB on others.

HuttoKarl
07-26-2007, 01:45 PM

Yeah right...hand that guy a football and he'd drop it.

badboy
07-26-2007, 01:46 PM
I believe we carried two on the roster last year...

Cook is going to start the year on the PUP from my understanding...

Personally I think Abbate makes the roster as the back-up FB/ Special teams guy...
Who could play LB in a pinch.

alphajoker
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah right...hand that guy a football and he'd drop it.

Nice!:thumbup Rep for that one.

texansturningthecorner
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Things understood don't need to be explained.

point well made

Goldensilence
07-26-2007, 11:58 PM

Ouch that really has to hurt. Really has to sting when you come in as a good FA singing and see a lot of good time and to have a few plays haunt you like that. I still don't think the Giants game that was a fumble though.