PDA

View Full Version : Andre's Commercial

the wonger need food
07-25-2007, 03:25 PM
This is great... http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=1537&play_clip=Y

Yankee_In_TX
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Phsah. I could do that.

If Madden had that mode.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
07-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Phsah. I could do that.

If Madden had that mode.

I also could do that.....

Substitute football with half helium inflated balloon, limit balloons distance to 10 yards, with large net to catch. AJ's got nothin on this fat man.

Texans_Chick
07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Phsah. I could do that.

And then you woke up.

I once had a very dream that I had springs on my feet and could bounce as high as I wanted to. Being able to haulboot like AJ would surpass that dream.

texflex513
07-25-2007, 05:54 PM
nice!

disaacks3
07-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Very cool, and a real demonstration of Andre's speed.

It reminds me of THIS (http://www.aerofiles.com/tiger-tail.html) incident...where an F-11F1 shot himself down.

ObsiWan
07-25-2007, 06:07 PM
But can Matt throw that far?
:shades:

the wonger need food
07-25-2007, 06:08 PM

Troll alert...

Rampage
07-25-2007, 06:11 PM

Matt would throw that ball to Bob Sanders, not Dre.

The commercial looks fake, but DAMN he's good wheels.

Second Honeymoon
07-25-2007, 06:21 PM

your sophomore effort was not as promising as your rookie blast....

troll away

Texan_Bill
07-25-2007, 06:25 PM
He must have just filmed that. With all of the rain, the wet track sure slowed him down.

ObsiWan
07-25-2007, 06:48 PM
your sophomore effort was not as promising as your rookie blast....

troll away

I guess that post went over everyone's head. It was a simple physics question.

The ball tosser was set at a high angle, the angle used to simulate punt hang times. That's how 'Dre was able to run under it. Its still impressive because the ball had to have covered 45-50 yds and 'Dre covered that distance in 4.5-5.0 secs. Maybe less.... That's blazing!!

Now back to the physics: Given that Matt would have to be 5-10 yds deeper than that to be in the pocket AND that the "conventional 'talking head' wisdom" is Matt has a "good" arm but not your proverbial "cannon"; the question still stands.
Could Matt make that 55-60 yd throw with that much air under the ball? That throw takes a serious arm is all I'm saying.

You are reading malice into my question. There was none.

the wonger need food
07-25-2007, 06:51 PM

The ball tosser was set at a high angle, the angle used to simulate punt hang times. That's how 'Dre was able to run under it. Its still impressive because the ball had to have covered 45-50 yds and 'Dre covered that distance in 4.5-5.0 secs. Maybe less.... That's blazing!!

Now back to the physics: Given that Matt would have to be 5-10 yds deeper than that to be in the pocket AND that the "conventional 'talking head' wisdom" is Matt has a "good" arm but not your proverbial "cannon"; the question still stands.
Could Matt make that 55-60 yd throw with that much air under the ball? That throw takes a serious arm is all I'm saying.

No one cares troll... it was a cool video...

ObsiWan
07-25-2007, 07:01 PM

....and you speak for everyone on this board?

powerfuldragon
07-25-2007, 07:06 PM
go away, these aren't the droids you're looking for.

ObsiWan
07-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Never said it wasn't. In fact, I think I said....

'Dre covered that distance in 4.5-5.0 secs. Maybe less.... That's blazing!!

And I wonder just what the time & distance was... That looked like it could have been a 4.25 or 4.3 40!! You don't wonder about stuff like that?

Double Barrel
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
AJ won the fastest man contest a couple of years ago. The dude has got blazing speed, but is often overlooked because we did not have a QB that could get it down the field ['for whatever reason(s)'].

Y'all lighten up on ObisWon. I'm not reading anything trollish into his comments, and he's been a good poster at the official board. I welcome him here, and if he is truly a troll, then it'll come out in the wash. :howdy:

GuerillaBlack
07-25-2007, 07:54 PM
You all need to chill out.

ObsiWan
07-25-2007, 08:11 PM
AJ won the fastest man contest a couple of years ago. The dude has got blazing speed, but is often overlooked because we did not have a QB that could get it down the field ['for whatever reason(s)'].

Y'all lighten up on ObisWon. I'm not reading anything trollish into his comments, and he's been a good poster at the official board. I welcome him here, and if he is truly a troll, then it'll come out in the wash. :howdy:

Thanks, DB.

It pains me that I didn't find this board until this morning when reading a post from HydrO on the HT.com board.... :logo:

I'm sooooo far behind. You guys have thousands of posts.... :embarrass

I don't suppose I can import my 450+ posts from over there...
:)

the wonger need food
07-25-2007, 08:33 PM
AJ won the fastest man contest a couple of years ago.

He actually finished 2nd to Alan Rossum. But yeah... he's a fast SOB.

aj.
07-25-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm sooooo far behind. You guys have thousands of posts.... :embarrass

Don't worry about post count, rep or other status icons that are more visible in this environment. Based on what I've seen from you at ht.com, you're already in the top quartile here in terms of what matters ... So, post away...

ObsiWan
07-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Don't worry about post count, rep or other status icons that are more visible in this environment. Based on what I've seen from you at ht.com, you're already in the top quartile here in terms of what matters ... So, post away...

That's easy for u to say, Mister Three Thousand eight hundred and some odd posts!
:)

aj.
07-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Believe me, it doesn't matter.

ObsiWan
07-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Believe me, it doesn't matter.

Oh I know....
Actually what really irritates me is thinking about all the good debates that I missed out on.

Double Barrel
07-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Oh I know....
Actually what really irritates me is thinking about all the good debates that I missed out on.

yeah, post count and rep are just for grins. I've read some really great takes from 'lurkers' who only post every once in awhile.

This forum has the history of the old 'official' board, before it was changed to the software that was just jettisoned. You can find some really great debates and discussions in the history, and many of the posters here were members of the old 'official' forum.

But no worry. You're here now, and there will be plenty of opportunities to respectfully debate with folks. :user:

barberman
07-25-2007, 09:34 PM
This message board is much better than the official site. Just resently discovered it and the discussions are more insightful and fun to read. I`ve found "Home".

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Oh I know....

What irritates me is all the times I could have beaten you like a red-headed step-child in those debates.

:whip:

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 12:43 AM
wow.

if actions speak louder than words, then andre just blasted a cannon into the side of my head from about 4 feet. i wonder how many takes that took...probably not many, he didn't look tired or sweaty at all...

Personally, I don't think it was a single take. I think they recorded him putting the ball in and starting to run in one shot. Then recorded him catching the pass in another shot and then merged the two together.

brakos82
07-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Personally, I don't think it was a single take. I think they recorded him putting the ball in and starting to run in one shot. Then recorded him catching the pass in another shot and then merged the two together.

I doubt it.

Double Barrel
07-26-2007, 01:33 AM
Anything is possible, but I think it's real. And until it's proven otherwise, I shall believe accordingly.

AJ is The Man! :fans: :headbang: :texflag:

Andrew6
07-26-2007, 01:57 AM
oh A.J. Shot out of that stance like an ole watermelon seed.

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 02:01 AM
I doubt it.

If it was a single shot, they would have kept AJ in the shot. They wouldn't have concentrated on the ball.

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 06:07 AM

soooo... you're telling us that you believe Andre took part in an outright lie...?

just so I'm clear on where you're coming from

BeerTastesLikeVictory
07-26-2007, 08:41 AM
If it was a single shot, they would have kept AJ in the shot. They wouldn't have concentrated on the ball.

I know a little about camera work, and with that shot, you would need something like a 90:1 Lens and a camera man with perfect zoom and focus control to get both AJ and the ball in the same shot then zoom in at the same rate the ball reached AJ. It is obviously shot from ground level, so that is a extremely tough shot to pull off. That is why most cameras broadcast much higher than ground level. I dont think it was a trick, if it was wouldnt be easier to re-enter a different ball than Re-enter AJ into a merged sequence. Think about it.

DBCooper
07-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Andrew6 is that your tatoo?

Awesome work!

DBCooper
07-26-2007, 09:55 AM
While they are capable of splicing 2 takes, Andre could pull that off.

No Problem.

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I know a little about camera work, and with that shot, you would need something like a 90:1 Lens and a camera man with perfect zoom and focus control to get both AJ and the ball in the same shot then zoom in at the same rate the ball reached AJ. It is obviously shot from ground level, so that is a extremely tough shot to pull off. That is why most cameras broadcast much higher than ground level. I dont think it was a trick, if it was wouldnt be easier to re-enter a different ball than Re-enter AJ into a merged sequence. Think about it.

Time it.

He goes from the 10 yard line to the far 10 yard line in about two seconds. Can't be done. Which is really the POINT of the commercial. Think about the old Vick commercial from a few years ago where he throws the ball impossibly far. Well. Vick didn't throw that ball impossibly far. They just made it look like he did. Same thing here.

I don't care how hard it is to get that shot. These guys are pros. This isn't some cheap commercial with some guy and a camera. They have the best equipment you've seen making this shot and several departments of several guys whose only job is doctoring things like this.

If they want to really show how fast Andre is without trick photography, then they keep the camera on Andre and you see him run a less than 2 second 40 yard dash. That would be impressive. But instead, they concentrate on the ball and you don't see Andre for a second. Simple sleight of hand.

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 10:13 AM
While they are capable of splicing 2 takes, Andre could pull that off.

No Problem.

From the 10 to the 10 in a couple of seconds?

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 10:14 AM
nah, all the background stuff stays aligned throughout. it would probably be too tough to merge two shots like that...

plus, aj is an atheletic freak. i'd say it's possible, especially because of how high the ball was launched

Man, you see harder stuff to merge than that every day in commercials on TV. That's an extremely easy background to merge stuff with. It's mostly just sky and with the film editing equipment they have today, it is trivial to merge these shots.

HOU-TEX
07-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Man, you see harder stuff to merge than that every day in commercials on TV. That's an extremely easy background to merge stuff with. It's mostly just sky and with the film editing equipment they have today, it is trivial to merge these shots.

I'm going to agree with PN here. There's no doubt in my mind that AJ is a freak of nature, but I'm going to call bullbutter on this one due to the fact of history.

It's a fantasy football commercial. I remember last year they had Neil Rackers kicking field goals hitting the uprights on purpose. Is that possible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xXql7SoxTA

There were a couple others too. I'm too lazy to find them at this time.:shades:

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Time it.

He goes from the 10 yard line to the far 10 yard line in about two seconds. Can't be done. Which is really the POINT of the commercial. Think about the old Vick commercial from a few years ago where he throws the ball impossibly far. Well. Vick didn't throw that ball impossibly far. They just made it look like he did. Same thing here.

I don't care how hard it is to get that shot. These guys are pros. This isn't some cheap commercial with some guy and a camera. They have the best equipment you've seen making this shot and several departments of several guys whose only job is doctoring things like this.

If they want to really show how fast Andre is without trick photography, then they keep the camera on Andre and you see him run a less than 2 second 40 yard dash. That would be impressive. But instead, they concentrate on the ball and you don't see Andre for a second. Simple sleight of hand.

All this speculation made me take another look at it. TPN is right. No human can cover that much ground from a standing start in that length of time.

The cool part is Andre's rep has now reached the level that he was picked to do such a commercial. I mean, why not Mister Ocho-Cinco-I-race-horses? No they picked a TEXAN. How cool is that!?

DBCooper
07-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Time it.

Ok.

He does look like he went from the 12 yard line to the 10 yard line. (78 yards total)

He looks like he slows 10 yards after catching the ball. (68 yards in the air)

Its hard to tell where he actually stops.

I get 5.51 seconds from start to catch.

And 8.87 seconds from start to stop.

You may be right, 68 yards in 5.51 seconds is a little too fast. (even for AJ)

real
07-26-2007, 11:08 AM
WoW, I can't believe there are actually real, live human beings that think Andre really ran and caught that ball...

DBCooper
07-26-2007, 11:10 AM
WoW, I can't believe there are actually real, live human beings that think Andre really ran and caught that ball...

lol King!

It must be the football fever!

real
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I dont think it was a trick, if it was wouldnt be easier to re-enter a different ball than Re-enter AJ into a merged sequence. Think about it.

Think about what you're saying here...

It makes absolutely no sense...

real
07-26-2007, 11:15 AM

dito.

real
07-26-2007, 11:17 AM
lol King!

It must be the football fever!

LOL, it's gotta be something...

:texflag:

Double Barrel
07-26-2007, 11:59 AM
yeah, looking at it again, AJ really jumps ahead between the point that the camera leaves him and then shows him again. That's definitely a giveaway.

Still a cool commercial, though, and always good to see a Texans playmaker in a positive spotlight.

real
07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
... always good to see a Texans playmaker in a positive spotlight.

:texflag:

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 12:14 PM
yeah, looking at it again, AJ really jumps ahead between the point that the camera leaves him and then shows him again. That's definitely a giveaway.

Still a cool commercial, though, and always good to see a Texans playmaker in a positive spotlight.

Exactly. Love the commercial.

But I was a little weirded out by people thinking it was real.

badboy
07-26-2007, 01:54 PM

You are reading malice into my question. There was none.I did not see much of an offensive line either like early last season.

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 02:41 PM

1. In the commercial, the ball covered at least 70-80 yards. There's no way Andre ran that far that fast.

2. There's a clip of Schaub standing at his 40-45 yard line and putting the ball to the goal line and it was caught for a TD. So, he can wing it 55-60 yards.

quicksilver
07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
It's a fantasy football commercial. I remember last year they had Neil Rackers kicking field goals hitting the uprights on purpose. Is that possible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xXql7SoxTA

:wild: That was hilarious!

Andrew6
07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Hell if I played Fantasy football, he'd deff. be in it.

HoustonFrog
07-26-2007, 03:08 PM

After watching it a second time I started to think that...like the LeBron full court shot(goes out of camera...drops in)..he takes off, the camera goes off of him and there is about 30-40 yards made up when they are both in the pic again. It is spliced in my book but oh well...still a great commercial.

Errant Hothy
07-26-2007, 03:22 PM
This is great... http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=1537&play_clip=Y

Real or not, it's bloody good fun.

:fans: :fans: :fans:

Anybody seen any others yet?

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 05:43 PM
1. In the commercial, the ball covered at least 70-80 yards. There's no way Andre ran that far that fast.

2. There's a clip of Schaub standing at his 40-45 yard line and putting the ball to the goal line and it was caught for a TD. So, he can wing it 55-60 yards.

Didja SKIP my post where I said I agreed with you?

All this speculation made me take another look at it. TPN is right. No human can cover that much ground from a standing start in that length of time.

The cool part is Andre's rep has now reached the level that he was picked to do such a commercial. I mean, why not Mister Ocho-Cinco-I-race-horses? No they picked a TEXAN. How cool is that!?

The Pencil Neck
07-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Didja SKIP my post where I said I agreed with you?

Of course.

Actually, I saw someone respond to your post and thought I should respond to it as well.

ObsiWan
07-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Of course.

Actually, I saw someone respond to your post and thought I should respond to it as well.

Yes, in fact, I saw that other response. I'd appreciate your help in making the connection between my post and that response.
;o)

Hardcore Texan
07-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Cool commercial, can't we all just pretend it is real? It's more fun that way.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
07-27-2007, 08:07 AM
When I posted earlier, I only watched the segment once. After review I guess I did not look at yardage covered. Good eyes PN. Still nice to see AJ in a national ad, but I am sure if he had a big mouth like Chad Johnson he would get a bit more press.

Mr. White
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM

I agree that it's a real commercial. :pirate:

For real, they tricked me too. I only watched it once and thought it was the real deal.

real
07-27-2007, 10:13 AM
I still don't see how you guys thought that was real...

I've only watched it once and the first thing I thought was that it was fake...

It's scary obvious...

DBCooper
07-27-2007, 10:22 AM
I still don't see how you guys thought that was real...

I've only watched it once and the first thing I thought was that it was fake...

It's scary obvious...

Yardage.

Shorten the distance by 20 yards and it gets close to being plausable.

Unlike you (or anyone else that has played alot of football), most of us can't tell how far down a football field we are looking at from ground level. lol

Double Barrel
07-27-2007, 10:53 AM

nah, I tried. They won't let you pretend. :shades:

Hardcore Texan
07-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Yardage.

Shorten the distance by 20 yards and it gets close to being plausable.

Unlike you (or anyone else that has played alot of football), most of us can't tell how far down a football field we are looking at from ground level. lol

This logic should apply to golfers. I know I am pretty good a guessing distance based on "feel".......things I say like "I am least 50 yards from the fairway" come to mind.