PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Jones agrees

ArlingtonTexan
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
per Scouts, inc. through kffl.com

Adam Caplan, reporting for Scout.com, reports the Houston Texans have signed third-round draft choice WR Jacoby Jones to a four-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

texanfan2002114
07-24-2007, 04:11 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=3866340&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

Also per Fox 26 here in Houston.

Welcome aboard Jacoby!!

Errant Hothy
07-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Only one left, gods I'm starting to get excited about football.

real
07-24-2007, 04:20 PM
good news...

Double Barrel
07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Right on! I like this kid and really hope he gives KW a run for his money with competition at the 2 spot.

rmartin65
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
This is great. He is the rookie I look forward to the most.

Specnatz
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
They are moving fast to getting everyone in camp on time and that is a very positive for the club and the future.

Kaiser Toro
07-25-2007, 09:46 AM
http://houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3417

HOUSTON - The Houston Texans announced today that they have signed third-round draft pick WR Jacoby Jones, the fourth Texans draft choice to sign.

Jones (6-2 210), was the 73rd selection in the 2007 NFL Draft from Lane (Tenn.) College. Jones joins T Seth Wand from Northwest Missouri State (2003) as the only pair of players the Texans have drafted from the Division II level.

Jones was an All-Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference first-team choice and SIAC Offensive Player of the Year. He led the team with 68 receptions for 822 yards (12.1 avg) and six touchdowns. Jones was a threat on special teams returning 24 punts for 330 yards and a touchdown. He led the conference with 38 kickoff returns for 848 yards (22.3 avg) and a pair of scores.

The New Orleans native was just 57 tall and weighed 165 pounds when he graduated from high school. He was an all-area sprinter in track, competing in the 100- and 200-meter dashes. He began his college career at Southeastern Louisiana on a track scholarship before transferring to Lane College in 2003.

Rampage
07-25-2007, 09:50 AM
I have high hopes for Jacoby, a former track star, I can see him being a Barnard Berrian type player that this offense has been missing.

real
07-25-2007, 09:51 AM
AJ, Jones,Kevin Walter, David Anderson, Jerome Mathis, Bethel Johnson.

I would carry these six recievers with Jerome Mathis being dependent upon how he performs in the upcoming weeks and pre-season.

threetoedpete
07-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Well we either got John Taylor or Tyrone Calico. Only time will tell. Isn't going to be boring that's for sure.

threetoedpete
07-25-2007, 10:03 AM

I would carry these six recievers with Jerome Mathis being dependent upon how he performs in the upcoming weeks and pre-season.

Mathis is a dead duck. He makes the club it will be the greatest come back since lazzaras.

DBCooper
07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Good news.

Jones appears to be a tough go-to type receiver. We need a guy with attitude out there.

From what I've seen, he looks like a guy that goes after the ball, wherever it is. I hope he has good route running skills to match.

Porky
07-25-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm really anxious to see him in live NFL action. I haven't ever seen him play, which is no surprise coming from Lane, so it'll be like watching a newborn taking his first steps. Honestly, I have no idea what to expect. He could be a real revelation and a total stud or a total bust, or anywhere in between.

I expect Okoye to sign tomorrow or Friday. I doubt he misses much, if any practice time.

Two days until the first practice!! :fans:

real
07-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Mathis is a dead duck. He makes the club it will be the greatest come back since lazzaras.

Strange logic.

If Jerome Mathis performs well (and we all know what he's capable of) during camp and pre-season he makes the team...Kubiak isn't stupid...

The Pencil Neck
07-25-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm really anxious to see him in live NFL action. I haven't ever seen him play, which is no surprise coming from Lane, so it'll be like watching a newborn taking his first steps. Honestly, I have no idea what to expect. He could be a real revelation and a total stud or a total bust, or anywhere in between.

I expect Okoye to sign tomorrow or Friday. I doubt he misses much, if any practice time.

Two days until the first practice!! :fans:

I want to point out that we shouldn't expect too much from him right off the bat. He might be a monster from the get-go but Jerry Rice wasn't until his second season, so let's not put too much pressure or have too high expectations for him. I'm hoping that he'll be a good 3rd receiver showing flashes of greatness and that Walters is a good 2nd.

badboy
07-25-2007, 11:33 AM

I would carry these six recievers with Jerome Mathis being dependent upon how he performs in the upcoming weeks and pre-season.Hopefully, some one step up and seize the #2 spot. I want no grey area "Well, he did well in practice this week, so I guess he starts this Sunday." Same for the running backs.

threetoedpete
07-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Strange logic.

If Jerome Mathis performs well (and we all know what he's capable of) during camp and pre-season he makes the team...Kubiak isn't stupid...

all I know is they got return specailist stacked like cord wood. Went out of their way to get one in the draft. They've gone way out of their way to shore it up. Tells me someone is more than just conerned where Mathis' production is involved. He's one more bad hammie away from being *gone*.

The Pencil Neck
07-25-2007, 12:03 PM
all I know is they got return specailist stacked like cord wood. Went out of their way to get one in the draft. They've gone way out of their way to shore it up. Tells me someone is more than just conerned where Mathis' production is involved. He's one more bad hammie away from being *gone*.

Yep. Personally, I think he's one big sneeze or inappropriate yawn away from being cut.

Vinny
07-25-2007, 12:03 PM

yep

Porky
07-25-2007, 12:20 PM
I want to point out that we shouldn't expect too much from him right off the bat. He might be a monster from the get-go but Jerry Rice wasn't until his second season, so let's not put too much pressure or have too high expectations for him. I'm hoping that he'll be a good 3rd receiver showing flashes of greatness and that Walters is a good 2nd.

Absouletely agree. Unless he is just dreadful, he gets a pass in season 1 from me. I am still anxious to see what he has as a rookie though. I hope to at least see some flashes that indicate that this guy can be at worst a solid #3 by next season. My hope is that he can become the #2, but the truth is the guy is very unpolished, and there is no way to tell. It's like finding a lump of coal. Can we polish it into a diamond, and if so, is it the Hope diamond, or do we just get a cubic zirconia?