PDA

View Full Version : Green Makes Downpayment on House for Mother

HoustonFrog
07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
In Exchange for his #30.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here. Sorry if it has. It is now on ESPNs page

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2946722

HOUSTON -- "When Regina Foster tells her son Reginald they're finally moving from an apartment to their own home, the 7-year-old with autism likely won't comprehend what that means.

But when he sees the backyard, he'll be happy and that's all that matters to Foster, a single mom.

"He'll respond to that," she said with a smile.

"Foster's dream of home ownership is coming true thanks to Ahman Green and the Houston Texans. On Monday, Green made good on a promise to make the down payment on a home for a single parent in exchange for reclaiming his No. 30 from teammate Jason Simmons."

TEXANS84
07-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Its good to see our boys do something good, when it seems the rest of the league is falling down.

Wolf
07-23-2007, 10:37 PM
The Associated Press reports Houston Texans RB Ahman Green, who agreed to make a down payment on a home for a single parent in exchange for the No. 30 from teammate FS Jason Simmons, made a down payment on a home for single mother Regina Foster. Foster has a 7-year-old autistic son. Green contributed $25,000 and Texans owner Bob McNair contributed the rest of the $50,000 down payment that Foster received.

from http://www.kffl.com/team/18/NFL

stay classy Houston (wasn't that ron burgendy movie quote? (not houston but whatever city))

HoustonFrog
07-23-2007, 11:27 PM
from http://www.kffl.com/team/18/NFL

stay classy Houston (wasn't that ron burgendy movie quote? (not houston but whatever city))

Yes with San Diego.

Very classy move.

Speedy
07-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Its good to see our boys do something good, when it seems the rest of the league is falling down.

I was just going to say, this will get none to very little press nationally, a small little blurb sommewhere about it, but we'll have breaking news all year about Vick or Pacman or pick a Bengal.

Major props to Simmons and Green and Mr. McNair!!
Way to go guys!

Second Honeymoon
07-24-2007, 12:04 AM
great story and kudos to McNair for following his player's example and giving back to those found less fortunate.

Green is pretty much already in my Top 3 Texans before he even plays a down....I hope he can keep that spot and maybe even pass AJ and Meco.

HoustonFrog
07-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't want to leave out Simmons either. On the news last night he was part of the whole thing with the mother so I'm glad people are looking out for others. The woman was beyond happy.

Hervoyel
07-24-2007, 09:28 AM
I was just going to say, this will get none to very little press nationally, a small little blurb sommewhere about it, but we'll have breaking news all year about Vick or Pacman or pick a Bengal.

Major props to Simmons and Green and Mr. McNair!!
Way to go guys!

You know, that's such a mystery to me too because if I were working in the NFL I'd be busting my butt to get this story out there as a human interest "feel good" counter-weight to the Vick story. I'd be trying to see if I could get this on the evening news (network, not just local) as the "And finally tonight, just when you were starting to think that nobody in professional sports was taking the high road..." story.

We see this, how come the powers that be can't see it?

HoustonFrog
07-24-2007, 10:10 AM
You know, that's such a mystery to me too because if I were working in the NFL I'd be busting my butt to get this story out there as a human interest "feel good" counter-weight to the Vick story. I'd be trying to see if I could get this on the evening news (network, not just local) as the "And finally tonight, just when you were starting to think that nobody in professional sports was taking the high road..." story.

Heck no. You can't be on ESPN unless you are breaking the law.:bat:

Double Barrel
07-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Great story. Hopefully their next season will be as big as their hearts. If that happens, we'll have our first winning record! :texflag:

Texan_Bill
07-24-2007, 12:17 PM
In Exchange for his #30.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here. Sorry if it has. It is now on ESPNs page

HOUSTON -- "When Regina Foster tells her son Reginald they're finally moving from an apartment to their own home, the 7-year-old with autism likely won't comprehend what that means.

But when he sees the backyard, he'll be happy and that's all that matters to Foster, a single mom.

"Foster's dream of home ownership is coming true thanks to Ahman Green and the Houston Texans. On Monday, Green made good on a promise to make the down payment on a home for a single parent in exchange for reclaiming his No. 30 from teammate Jason Simmons."

Hey Stevie Franchise and Bob Sura.... lets take this as an example.

Vinny
07-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Batman is a philanthropist.

rickyb
07-24-2007, 01:23 PM
In Exchange for his #30.

Kindly disregard my post last month dissing Ahman for wasting cayche on his ride. The man gets props for this move.

GuerillaBlack
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM

ABC did this earlier this summer when Green got his number back. Now would be even better though. It would be a follow-up story.

Specnatz
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
ABC did this earlier this summer when Green got his number back. Now would be even better though. It would be a follow-up story.

Exactly.

The Texans marketing department sucks big hairy sweaty ballz.

Signed

All fans in San Antonio and Austin

TexanSam
12-25-2007, 01:07 PM
This was on the front page of SI.com today as well

The best play in the NFL this year involved a perfect pass, a great catch, huge celebrations, and even tears.

It was the day when Jason Simmons and Ahman Green of the Houston Texans facilitated a $50,000 down payment for Regina Foster, a single mother who is raising an autistic child named Reggie.

The idea to help a family in need came out of a jersey swap. When Green signed with the Texans during the offseason, Simmons was already wearing jersey No. 30, the number Green had worn since his college days at Nebraska. Green called Simmons and asked if he could have it. Simmons said yes, but under one condition: Instead of paying Simmons for the number in cash, cars or jewelry -- as often happens in professional sports leagues -- they would find a local family and offer assistance.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/damon_hack/12/21/foster/index.html

Thorn
12-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Instead of the normal NFL BS stories so often written about, this one is a nice one to read.

Wolf
12-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Instead of the normal NFL BS stories so often written about, this one is a nice one to read.

not only that.

as much heat as Green and Schaub take about injuries and yes it does't win us games when the players we counted on to make us better is sitting on the bench. and yes, I am not happy about guys being injured

but here is another thing green has done
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//showthread.php?t=41811

Napa Auto Parts
12-25-2007, 03:53 PM
A.Green do us a favor and retire oh and go back to wisconsin or ask sherman for a job as a water boy or something your football playing days are over.:gun: