PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Watch Parties

UvaldeTexan
07-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Do you all think that KENS 5 will continue to not show Texan games as they did the last two seasons? If this happens is there a meeting place for Texan fans to gather and watch our team? I just moved to SA this year and I am trying to make plans on where to watch the games. Unfortunately my apt. complex does not allow dish so i cant get the NFL ticket. Hopefully the Texans will play well enough and KENS will not have any excuse for dropping the games.

FirstTexansFan
07-23-2007, 12:56 AM
KENS doesn't need an excuse, we live in the heart of South Dallas, and the media here will make sure that Jerry is appeased.

StarStruck
07-23-2007, 02:40 AM
KENS doesn't need an excuse, we live in the heart of South Dallas, and the media here will make sure that Jerry is appeased.

Is it appeasing Jerry or the Cowboys having a massive advertising/promo campaign in the city? I saw over the weekend that the Cowboys are hosting a big free fan party prior to training camp at the Alamo Dome with Jerry, Wade, players, cheerleaders, mascot and a popular entertainment group. When pulling out all of the stops in that fashion, it isn't surprising the media and fan support received.

The Texans need to make an effort to compete for a share of that market.

Overalls
07-23-2007, 06:38 AM
Is it appeasing Jerry or the Cowboys having a massive advertising/promo campaign in the city? I saw over the weekend that the Cowboys are hosting a big free fan party prior to training camp at the Alamo Dome with Jerry, Wade, players, cheerleaders, mascot and a popular entertainment group. When pulling out all of the stops in that fashion, it isn't surprising the media and fan support received.

The Texans need to make an effort to compete for a share of that market.

If the Cowboys are doing all this they will gain fans. Most small kids get their first taste of a team at events like this. Their parents have a large deal of influence on who they root for, but even if a casual fan takes a child to such an event it will leave it's foot prints on the child. The Texans do need to do more out reach to bring in the kids. I have always rooted for the home team but that probable started as a desire to root for the underdog. I started watching football @1976, when I was 10. I think it was atleast partly because of my father, but i also think it was partly because of having friends that were Steeler and Cowboy fans. I was out numbered even then. The Texans don't seem to reach out very far. I haven't even heard much about their attemps this offseason. I live 30 minutes from downtown to the East off of I-10 but still end up going to the Woodlands or the stadium to see anything to do with the Texans. The Texans do hold some very good events at the stadium and I am thankful that training camp is right at the stadium complex but it would be nice if they did do more out reach in other areas. It doesn't take much for some young one to be turned from a fence sitter that wants to root for the Texans but goes to a Cowboy event in SA to decide to throw his fanship onto the "other" team.

FirstTexansFan
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Realizing that if Jerry said jump, you'd say how high, I'll do my best to explain it to you through your blue blockers :)

SA has never been anything but a Dallas stronghold. At no time, even during the Bum Phillips/Earl Campbell era have SA fans strayed from their loyalty to the Cowboys. There are many factors, but the biggest being the news media has always been biased in their reporting on any Houston team. I've tried over the years to draw parallels for the nimwits at KENS and the other affiliates, using our Spurs as an example. Outside the SA/Austin/South Texas market, the Spurs garner little respect. Prior to SA having any World Championship rings, you'd be lucky to hear anything outside Loop 410 on the Spurs. But the local media never fell off the Spurs bandwagon, and over time developed a loyal fanbase, even before the Championship rings. All I've ever asked from them is some balance in their reporting of professional football, because if we saw some of that, we'd see the Texans fanbase grow in this area. If you think for two seconds that Sister Jerry hasn't had a strong influence to make sure that doesn't happen, well, those blue blockers you're wearing are blinding ya ;) I agree the Texans haven't marketed well outside the Houston market, and I hold them responsible for that. I'm sure a winning record would help a bit also, but I know from years of dealing with these morons at KENS, it won't make much difference, it's hard to see anything when you've had your nose firmly planted in Jerry's buttcheeks for years :)

shinerbock_girl
07-24-2007, 12:35 PM
This year we were talking about meeting at some place off 1604, i think near the stone oak area...V-man was mentioning a place there that should be more centrally located for all of us....We will keep you updated and we usually post on the board where we will be meeting at....

UvaldeTexan
07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
cool thanks for the info...i am in NC san antonio...blanco/wurzbach parkway area.

Wolf
07-25-2007, 10:13 PM
what?

V Man
07-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood. We usually post when we are getting together. So we will keep in touch

spurstexanstros
07-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Hey everybody its me. V-man found me and brought me here. For those of yall who watched the games with us you know who I am. Hope you had a great offseason its now time to put away the spurs DVD and focus on our second love the Texans!! Yes I still have all my Carr jersies, just dont wear them out of house or even at all. My wife does when she cleans , but the past is the past and I have taken down the shrines to DC.

Anyways, Ill start posting here as well as the main site so pm me or post on both for get togethers.-Mike

shinerbock_girl
07-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Welcome Mike, hope you and your wife will join us this year....And what a season for the spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

San Antonio Texan
07-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys,

Didn't someone say there was a Bw3's that was going to open up in the 281 & 1604 area? I remember, I think Eric, saying that was an easier, more central site for some of the folks on the west side.

I know I would not make it every game but when the Texans are not on local TV it would be great to have one place week in and week out we know some fans will be there.

HJam72
07-26-2007, 10:36 AM
We could watch both teams, if the league would not have their games on at the same time. A lot of Cowboys fans would also watch the Texans, if they start winning more, and if they are not on at the same time.

Personally, I hate the Cowboys, but the reason for it is TV programming. Everytime the Texans are ignored to show a Cowboys game, I wish the Cowboys would have a 5 year stretch....well, kinda like the one we just had.

Otherwise, I'd probably get over the jealousy and root for both of them (eventually).

PS-And get the freaking Titans and Saints off my TV. This is Texas!

spurstexanstros
07-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Get along with Cowboy fans? not if they are from san antonio. For the most part they are obnoxious, front running and condescending to us texans fans. When we call them out they say " ive was rooting for them when they were 1-15." but yet they cant name players from that team. Fans from Dallas are ok because its their team. People who act like this is a suburb of dallas despite our rivalry and hatred of all things dallas durung the spurs season.(local media) we cannot stand(at least I cannot). the jerking off tv never happened to the oilers and it should not happen to the texans. You are right this is Texas and we should not see Ny vs the bengals on a sunday mid nov.
I do not buy the argument it is because they are loosing. Then why are we force fed the cowboys on fox. they have had 2 playoff appearances in the last 10 yrs that is far more loosing than the texans.
At least the Texans loose on the last play of the game as opposed to countless 10 to 6 losses. I am fed up with the sa cowboy fans

I vote Jerry Jones to be hereby refered to as Skeletor.

treygar
08-02-2007, 12:26 PM
just throwin my two cents - and no love for the southsiders but the only reason I don't like the 281/1604 junction is traffic as that area is just growing too fast.

another thing is if it is a newly opened place the newly opened places will persist, ie service issues which we don't want (i think we had those at that fox and hound place last year as well).

i'm all for alternating between the Live Oak and DeZavala locations, mainly because I have timed it and it is around 25-30 mins or less depending on traffic and how fast you drive from location to location if you take 1604 around either way.

i'm just hell bent on avoiding 410's northern loop at all costs due to what we all know is some bad traffic due to construction at times.

but yes, BWW is a greatly fun place and has fair prices.

my main question now to all is are we down for meeting up at some preaseason games??????

treygar
08-02-2007, 12:58 PM
ok, well we have a 7pm game next Friday vs. Chicago - will it be live on TV in SA anyone know without me having to search it out real quick?

and i guess perhaps a vote then on location or something who handled this last year - V-Man and some other guy who I met at Lion and Rose though for the life of me I can't remember his name???

i guess we gotta figure out the live preseason broadcasts here in SA first though and flip for location if you want to do my rotating location plan...

Brando
08-02-2007, 01:07 PM
I used to live in SA and I know how the Cowboys are king there.:gun: I don't like JJ but it was smart to have training camp there. Sort of like a home away from home and putting that Alamo Dome to NFL use was smart. I wish Mr. Mcnair would do something like have OTA's(something) here in Corpus Christi. I know it's not a big market but I do see about the same ratio of Cowboy/Texan fans here, maybe with the Cowboys with a slight lead. That being said I would like CC to become more of a Texan City. I know another way we can get more Texan fans here..............

Start winning.....There is plenty of room on this bandwagon.

:texflag:

Brando
08-02-2007, 01:23 PM
ok, well we have a 7pm game next Friday vs. Chicago - will it be live on TV in SA anyone know without me having to search it out real quick?

Okay just to confirm so you will not miss the game it is August 11th, Saturday.

:texflag:

treygar
08-02-2007, 01:53 PM
thanks...my head said Saturday but my hands typed Friday...

gtexan02
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
The thing that annoys me about SA is that even though the Texans and Cowboys RARELY play at the same time, the Texans still are NOT shown. If the Texans play at 12, and the boys at 4, they will show some random game at 12 and the boys at 4

treygar
08-02-2007, 03:38 PM
ok, trying to get the ball rolling - seems the Cardinals game will be live on NFL network, Saturday - August 18th. since its closer to me and we can switch next time I suggest the Buffalo Wild Wings at 35N and 1604, besides the Live Oak Cinema. i will call the venue that week to ensure they have the NFL Network and will play that game should a group of us be there.

unless anyone in SA has a better idea, or we want to try the logistics of the 1604/281 location I guess an afternoon preseason game is as good a time to try so I'm open to that location as well.

should the Bears game be televised in SA we can always bump up this plan a week depending on interest.

shinerbock_girl
08-02-2007, 05:14 PM
ok, trying to get the ball rolling - seems the Cardinals game will be live on NFL network, Saturday - August 18th. since its closer to me and we can switch next time I suggest the Buffalo Wild Wings at 35N and 1604, besides the Live Oak Cinema. i will call the venue that week to ensure they have the NFL Network and will play that game should a group of us be there.

unless anyone in SA has a better idea, or we want to try the logistics of the 1604/281 location I guess an afternoon preseason game is as good a time to try so I'm open to that location as well.

should the Bears game be televised in SA we can always bump up this plan a week depending on interest.

Only problem with the location off 35n is that the they may not have the Texans game on...We went through a big argument last year when they promised me before i set all this up to meet there with everyone they would be playing the game, and once the game started they switched the game from the good tv with sound to the worst picture tv with nooo sound...The guys were all upset and the manager was very rude when i went to talk to him and he said its all about what majority of the ppl want and that no one wanted to view the Texans but us...So not sure any of the other guys would go back to this place...Thats why V-man was looking a that new place that opened up off 1604/281, but i thought he said it was close to the stone oak area...Not sure if its the same place u are talking about.

treygar
08-02-2007, 05:34 PM
yes ok i tell ya what, if anyone is interested then for a quick meetup at the BWW at Stone Oak aka 281/1604 area to me (its close enough so i guess its a matter of what you want to call it, plus remember i'm not an SA native) this Saturday (8/4) for lunch or something i'd be down with that just to scope out the venue and maybe talk to the manager???

i know its central to the two BWW we go to but man i tell ya i hate the traffic there but honestly i'm not sure exactly where this one is located off of Stone Oak so i'm willing to try.

V Man
08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Well I will be out of town for the first preseason game. but am willing to try it for the second one. Plus with it being at 4:00pm should not have a problem (since the Cowboys don't play til 7:00pm).

V Man
08-02-2007, 07:26 PM
yes ok i tell ya what, if anyone is interested then for a quick meetup at the BWW at Stone Oak aka 281/1604 area to me (its close enough so i guess its a matter of what you want to call it, plus remember i'm not an SA native) this Saturday (8/4) for lunch or something i'd be down with that just to scope out the venue and maybe talk to the manager???

i know its central to the two BWW we go to but man i tell ya i hate the traffic there but honestly i'm not sure exactly where this one is located off of Stone Oak so i'm willing to try.

I could do that. Lunch would be good. Just let me know.

UvaldeTexan
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
The 281/1604 BWW is located on the 281 N Access road. Just take the 1604 exit off 281 N and stay on it...go under 1604 and u will see it there on your right side in the new shopping area that has gone up there. Sunday traffic is really not that bad on 281 (only when there is construction) and there hasnt been any in the last couple of weeks.

the wonger need food
08-02-2007, 09:22 PM
I will be in SA on Saturday/Sunday for the Rush show. If anyone wants my tickets and parking pass I will cut you a good deal. PM me...

mannyo123
08-03-2007, 01:16 AM
For those of you going to Houston for any home games this season, you guys are more then welcome to join us SA fans in the yellow parking lot for some great tailgating. Beer and BBQ. I will be going to every home game this year. We have a bus leaving every Sunday morning where theres a home game, even this preseason. And yes, we SA fans need to stick together!

shinerbock_girl
08-03-2007, 01:26 AM
For those of you going to Houston for any home games this season, you guys are more then welcome to join us SA fans in the yellow parking lot for some great tailgating. Beer and BBQ. I will be going to every home game this year. We have a bus leaving every Sunday morning where theres a home game, even this preseason. And yes, we SA fans need to stick together!

Manny, i look forward to the chiefs game...U are great....

V Man
08-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Looks like I'll end up missing the preseason games because of them being Saturday. My daughter has to work each Saturday until Midnight. I just realized that. Now, I really hope they will be on TV.

looks like it is going to be hard to get everyone together except for maybe the last preseason game. It is on a Thursday.

treygar
08-03-2007, 11:22 AM
yes i'm still aiming for the second game, I know that Elle and Shinergirl can't make it but we don't need the girls around anyways!!!

anyone out there at all interested in watching the Cardinals game with me?

vman you going out of town that weekend of the 16th???

i am down for the thursday nighter though so long as its on TV.

V Man
08-03-2007, 11:25 AM
vman you going out of town that weekend of the 16th???

No I should be around.

V Man
08-03-2007, 11:32 AM
yes i'm still aiming for the second game, I know that Elle and Shinergirl can't make it but we don't need the girls around anyways!!!

Boy, you are going to get it for that one. Make sure I am not sitting next to you, when we all get together.

shinerbock_girl
08-03-2007, 11:42 AM

:deadhorse :boxing::shoot:

V Man
08-03-2007, 11:49 AM

Boy, you are going to get it for that one. Make sure I am not sitting next to you, when we all get together.

:deadhorse :boxing::shoot:

told you.

V Man
08-03-2007, 12:44 PM
I'll take care of him long before we have a game. I know where he lives.:shades:

VMan, who used to post those broadcast maps last year? I think it was one of the Austin guys. We need to figure that out and get those going again. I can go to the last preseason since it's Thursday, but I'd like to know if I get to see Texans when I'm at home for the first 3. Connor is pretty picky about who he watches. No matter the team, he seems not to like white jerseys. Especially those ones with stars on them, :D

that is Texans 84 or Dante that we all know and love now through his special thread.

Honoring Earl 34
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM

Whole civilazations have been wiped out because of this attitude .

treygar
08-13-2007, 11:44 AM
ok guys its never too early to talk about a SA Watch Party!!

this Saturday (8/18) anyone interested in a meetup, also location ideas.

copy and paste or something

interested and can make a meetup

vote for location

UvaldeTexan
08-13-2007, 05:19 PM
I vote for BWW at The Legacy...281/1604

spurstexanstros
08-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm up for getting together for the dallas its not my crackpipe its my hall of fame bust boys game.

shinerbock_girl
08-13-2007, 06:46 PM
ok guys its never too early to talk about a SA Watch Party!!

this Saturday (8/18) anyone interested in a meetup, also location ideas.

copy and paste or something

interested and can make a meetup

vote for location

Its my weekend to work :gun:

treygar
08-13-2007, 06:59 PM
ok well lets do it then i'm just gonna plan it and if you show up show up...

Uvalde we'll go with the 1604/281/Stone Oak/Legacy whatever you want to call it location thats cool plus we can scope out the ponly place the rest of us haven't been.

Game is at 4 pm right? so 3:30 pm this Saturday lets all try to make it in.

PM me if you want my phone number, I think V-Man said he can make this one as well last time we talked to him, so that is at least 3 of us but everyone in the SA area is invited.

V-man show up I owe you a round!!!

UvaldeTexan
08-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Sounds good to me...I should be able to make it saturday.

treygar
08-15-2007, 10:33 AM
bump.

i'm in, uvalde is in - this Saturday's game c'mon wake up San Antonio fans lets show some unity!

V-Man you still out of town??

spurstexanstros
08-16-2007, 06:37 PM
side of town may be problem.

I know that yall may want to meet at 1604 and 281 for this game, but yall may have more people show up if you have it at the de zavala bww. we had a good turnout last year for the regular season games... just some points to ponder. ( de zavala always showed the game on the big screen with sound, while other locations didnt show them at all.) plus i have the nfl network and saturday is familty day.

We all will get together for the cowboys game guarenteed.)i need to be bailed out of jail for hittng those cowgirls fan.

treygar
08-17-2007, 08:51 AM
bumped again, somehow or another maybe someone can give us a SA Watch Party thread, i dunno.

anyways the De Zavala location for me has a bit of a parking problem at times and there are some of us on the NE side.

i thought we agreed on alternating locations, lets face it, SA is not a big town at all, the people in Houston manage to do a party at one location so just imagine all the driving those guys do.

V Man
08-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Uvalde we'll go with the 1604/281/Stone Oak/Legacy whatever you want to call it location thats cool plus we can scope out the ponly place the rest of us haven't been.

PM me if you want my phone number, I think V-Man said he can make this one as well last time we talked to him, so that is at least 3 of us but everyone in the SA area is invited.

Sounds good to me...I should be able to make it saturday.

I am back, and will be there at the 1604 and 281 location. Looking forward to it.

V Man
08-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Mods, Can we get a thread name change and a sticky please? Thanks.

maybe change the name to "San Antonio Watch Parties" like the other two (Houston and Austin)

spurstexanstros
08-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Ok count me in and I think I may bring the smallest person in a no 80 jersey with me.

spurstexanstros
08-17-2007, 06:07 PM
and someone take the rookie out from under my name. Oh anyone want any used no 8 jersies cheap!

spurstexanstros
08-17-2007, 06:13 PM

Game is at 3pm C (4E)

spurstexanstros
08-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Wohoo I did it. so where exactly is this Bww? Stonoak side or on acess road?

UvaldeTexan
08-17-2007, 06:48 PM
its on the 281 N access road..just take the 1604 exit..and just stay on the access road. Cross 1604 and it will be on your right hand side in the Legacy shopping complex. See ya there at 3!

Texizgreat
08-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey Guys IIIIIi'mmmmmm back ....

Any ways are they showing the game today at BWW? If so I will be there.

Eric

treygar
08-18-2007, 09:55 AM
ok guys, see you at 2:30 pm, sorry for the time snafu earlier.

V Man
08-18-2007, 10:16 AM
ok guys, see you at 2:30 pm, sorry for the time snafu earlier.

no problem, looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting you uvalde.

V Man
08-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Hey Guys IIIIIi'mmmmmm back ....

Any ways are they showing the game today at BWW? If so I will be there.

Eric

Welcome back, good to see you again.

Is Wayne joining us today at BWW?

V Man
08-18-2007, 10:26 AM
maybe change the name to "San Antonio Watch Parties" like the other two (Houston and Austin)

Oh yeah, thank you whoever changed it.

V Man
08-18-2007, 10:32 PM
You're welcome.

So you are a mod now?

V Man
08-19-2007, 08:36 AM
No, but none of the mods are in our watch party, so they didn't see the request. I finally got one to fix it.

OK :fans:

V Man
08-19-2007, 09:59 AM
it was great to see everyone again, and meet you Uvalde.

UvaldeTexan
08-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks V Man...nice meeting all you guys...Hope to do it again this season.

treygar
08-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok guys thanks for showing up.

What did you think of the venue? Smaller than the other two venues I think and more traffic getting to and from I feel. I still prefer Live Oak for the greater parking area and proximity to the freeways.

When are we up for doing another watch party?

No matter where we go I suggest the bar area instead of general seating, so the smokers don't have to go to and from and we can be louder and probably get better service. I didn't feel comfortable as some people are there just to dine and not watch sports (i'm more uncomfortable knowing there are people who don't watch sports but that is another story altogether).

any comments welcome but as decent a turnout as I expected (more actually).

spurstexanstros
08-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I had fun.

I bet the next watch party will be when there is a conflict between the Texans and those who will not be named cause they are playing on cbs. or if the local networks jerk the game. so week 4 is my bet. One thing is guaranteed though we are all watching the Denver game at my house because I have the NFL network and those who dont want to go to a bar on a thursday can comr to my house I have a big screen and we can BBq. Oh and sorry if my Kid bothered yall he didnt have a nap and most of yall know i usually dont bring him but I did cause his mom needed a break.

Anyways, I enjoyed hanging out with yall again and meeting Uvalde and Trey.
As for the location it was allright more central location could split the differences. In my opinion the dezavala location is the best. its dark and always on the big screen. Live oak is way to far for me. I wish wingstop had a bigscreen they have better wings.

V Man
08-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Ok guys thanks for showing up.

What did you think of the venue? Smaller than the other two venues I think and more traffic getting to and from I feel. I still prefer Live Oak for the greater parking area and proximity to the freeways.

When are we up for doing another watch party?

No matter where we go I suggest the bar area instead of general seating, so the smokers don't have to go to and from and we can be louder and probably get better service. I didn't feel comfortable as some people are there just to dine and not watch sports (i'm more uncomfortable knowing there are people who don't watch sports but that is another story altogether).

any comments welcome but as decent a turnout as I expected (more actually).

See other than the traffic getting there, I liked this place, but don't know how crowded it will be on Sundays. Understand what you are saying about the bar, but some of us (like this time) bring our children so the main area is better for them.

As for the Live Oak one, I wasn't impressed with it. Poor service, and no sound for the Texans game, and had to beg to get it on a big screen near wear we sat. But it may have been that time.

But I am flexible and will travel to where the group is.

V Man
08-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I had fun.

I bet the next watch party will be when there is a conflict between the Texans and those who will not be named cause they are playing on cbs. or if the local networks jerk the game. so week 4 is my bet. One thing is guaranteed though we are all watching the Denver game at my house because I have the NFL network and those who dont want to go to a bar on a thursday can comr to my house I have a big screen and we can BBq. Oh and sorry if my Kid bothered yall he didnt have a nap and most of yall know i usually dont bring him but I did cause his mom needed a break.

Anyways, I enjoyed hanging out with yall again and meeting Uvalde and Trey.
As for the location it was allright more central location could split the differences. In my opinion the dezavala location is the best. its dark and always on the big screen. Live oak is way to far for me. I wish wingstop had a bigscreen they have better wings.

Your kid was no problem, forgot he was there at times. As for the Thursday game sounds great. And I bet if we lose the first two, the Texans get pulled week 3 in SA.

BSofA04
08-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Hey guys,

I too am from San Antonio and would like to say that KENS 5/TWC is the reason why I bother my wife for Dish Network (NFL League Pass). Like previously stated, it pisses me off when they cut the Texans for a Jets game in the middle of the season. The only thing worse than the Jets would be the Tacs and I'm sure that has happened in the past. So believe me, I share with yall's frustration.

Anytime you have a get together for the game I'd love to join. My work schedule has me working every other weekend but when I have the time off it'd be great to meet all of you.

Some things about me....I love beer, wings and the Texans. Seeing some of you talking about BWW is speaking my language. Hope to meet you soon.

Ricky

V Man
08-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey guys,

I too am from San Antonio and would like to say that KENS 5/TWC is the reason why I bother my wife for Dish Network (NFL League Pass). Like previously stated, it pisses me off when they cut the Texans for a Jets game in the middle of the season. The only thing worse than the Jets would be the Tacs and I'm sure that has happened in the past. So believe me, I share with yall's frustration.

Anytime you have a get together for the game I'd love to join. My work schedule has me working every other weekend but when I have the time off it'd be great to meet all of you.

Some things about me....I love beer, wings and the Texans. Seeing some of you talking about BWW is speaking my language. Hope to meet you soon.

Ricky

more the merrier, sounds great.

V

shinerbock_girl
08-21-2007, 08:32 PM
I sent you a private message regarding the Carr jersies. I was wondering what size, color and price you wanted. You asked, I tried to PM you, but you didn't respond. Do you want to sell jersies or not?

Maybe His PM wasn't working...With some ppl that seems to be a problem...

spurstexanstros
08-21-2007, 09:48 PM
hmmm i just signed on and sent you pm i got it as soon as i signed in. battle red is on the wall blue and white have been washed into oblivion. sorry

treygar
09-05-2007, 12:56 PM
OK guys anyone wanna meet up for this one. I don't think I'm gonna make this game (by that I mean going to the stadium) unless tickets fall in my lap.

Any suggestions? Anyone having a house party? I'm up for anything though if I end up in my room watching football all day and chatting on the game thread I'm fine with that as well.

spurstexanstros
09-07-2007, 12:22 PM
OK guys anyone wanna meet up for this one. I don't think I'm gonna make this game (by that I mean going to the stadium) unless tickets fall in my lap.

Any suggestions? Anyone having a house party? I'm up for anything though if I end up in my room watching football all day and chatting on the game thread I'm fine with that as well.

They are giving away tickets on ticket 760, yesterday and maybe today. I called right when they came on to give them away. It was busy and they asked simple questions. One guy got the back up Qb wrong and another answerd a question about Andre and called him Landry Johnson. The sad part is they gave it to him. I was so pissed I may try again today, if they have it. Starts at 3 I think. Your welcome to hang here. My wife is gonna make wings from scratch. Its not sa party just my opening day tradition. Oh then I go with friends after the game to play bball. So if you like playing pick up ball, you can go to. I have big screen. This is not a party( I will be hosting one for the Denver game because I have directv) This is assuming i dont win tickets.

spurstexanstros
09-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Friendly alert-- CBS has the colts game as TBA. I think if we win they dont jerk the game .If we loose I think they will.

shinerbock_girl
09-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey SA ppl, Manny had told me earlier that TJ Maxx has Texans Jerseys on sale for $24, all colors....I'm going to hit them up myself...

mannyo123
09-19-2007, 09:33 PM
And nice fitted reebok hats for $8bucks

Specnatz
09-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Well there is no way to say this without it sounding bad .........

I have to small of a head for the one size fits all caps. But did go by TJ in South Austin and got a Red AJ jersey for $25 good deal.

shinerbock_girl
09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Finally we have a place that actually sells Texans gear...Its awesome.

spurstexanstros
09-20-2007, 10:50 PM
which Tj maxx? Did yal see my post that I found alot of jerseies in Ingram park mall. Does Tj maxx have a battle red schaub?

Specnatz
09-20-2007, 11:29 PM
which Tj maxx? Did yal see my post that I found alot of jerseies in Ingram park mall. Does Tj maxx have a battle red schaub?

No the do not at the one on Brodie, I think most are older. Meaning from last year.

I saw Mario and AJ Blue Red and White. Will be up north tomorrow so I will check that one. Not looking for myself, but so others will no what is up. I guess this info should be put out for others as well.

Was not looking to spend the money, but I do not have a red or white one and for the price could not resist.

shinerbock_girl
09-21-2007, 09:53 AM

I believe its the one at the forum....U can ask manny0123, he saw the assortment of jerseys and can tell you more...I'm going Saturday for a new Jersey to wear to the Colts game....

hobie
09-21-2007, 09:57 AM
I believe its the one at the forum....U can ask manny0123, he saw the assortment of jerseys and can tell you more...I'm going Saturday for a new Jersey to wear to the Colts game....

So it is official......you are coming. Sweet, Shannon and I will see ya in the Blue Lot !!

shinerbock_girl
09-21-2007, 10:00 AM
So it is official......you are coming. Sweet, Shannon and I will see ya in the Blue Lot !!

Platinum lot.....LOL.....And i can't wait.....This is going to be awesome!!!!

hobie
09-21-2007, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=shinerbock_girl;741880]Platinum lot.....LOL.....And i can't wait.....This is going to be awesome!!!![/QUOTE

Same thing....I gotta walk 20 minutes to get to it !!

shinerbock_girl
09-22-2007, 02:11 PM
WOW, TJ Maxx is awesome...Finally got me an Andre Steel Blue Jersey, and they were soo cheap for $25 i even bought my 2 brothers Jerseys...So far i only seen Andre, Mario and Carr....

V Man
09-24-2007, 10:09 AM
WOW, TJ Maxx is awesome...Finally got me an Andre Steel Blue Jersey, and they were soo cheap for $25 i even bought my 2 brothers Jerseys...So far i only seen Andre, Mario and Carr....

How much were the Carr's?

Marked half price or double the price (since it is a collectors item now)?

shinerbock_girl
09-24-2007, 10:11 AM
How much were the Carr's?

Marked half price or double the price (since it is a collectors item now)?

Believe it or not, they were the same price as the others...lol..

V Man
09-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Believe it or not, they were the same price as the others...lol..

Next question is who in their right mind would buy one now?

shinerbock_girl
09-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Next question is who in their right mind would buy one now?

Well if you like schaub, you can get the name earased and customize it yourself for pennies...

mannyo123
10-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Anything going on for this Sunday?

shinerbock_girl
10-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Anything going on for this Sunday?

Work for me:gun:

hobie
10-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Work for me:gun:

That sucks !! A new TV and can't watch it !!

spurstexanstros
10-12-2007, 03:43 PM
If the Texans keep on winning we may never get together for a game till Dec 18 on the NFLn.

DiapHer
10-12-2007, 05:42 PM
That sucks !! A new TV and can't watch it !!

And especially since she finally got the sound to work!!!

shinerbock_girl
10-12-2007, 06:41 PM
And especially since she finally got the sound to work!!!

HA HA you had to bring that part up....lol...I still say a woman should not have to hook up home theater systems. What ever happened to the day when they delivered a TV and actually hooked everything up and make sure it works.

Specnatz
10-12-2007, 06:57 PM
HA HA you had to bring that part up....lol...I still say a woman should not have to hook up home theater systems. What ever happened to the day when they delivered a TV and actually hooked everything up and make sure it works.

You pay extra for that, the first part cost an arm and a legg and to have them hook it up is your first born.

I know what ya mean though. my mom still has a new receiver in the box sitting there waiting on her husband to hook it up. Which will be when she stands over him holding a rollingpin.

shinerbock_girl
10-12-2007, 07:20 PM
You pay extra for that, the first part cost an arm and a legg and to have them hook it up is your first born.

I know what ya mean though. my mom still has a new receiver in the box sitting there waiting on her husband to hook it up. Which will be when she stands over him holding a rollingpin.

Ha, wish i had that option....lol...And thats why i choose to figure out how to hook things up myself, so i don't have to pay the outragious hook up charges....Conn's wanted $180 for custom install, so i voiced my opinion on that.

Specnatz
10-12-2007, 08:50 PM
[/B]

Ha, wish i had that option....lol...And thats why i choose to figure out how to hook things up myself, so i don't have to pay the outragious hook up charges....Conn's wanted $180 for custom install, so i voiced my opinion on that.

I am going to Mom's this week to hook it up so I do not have to hear about it anymore. Should be fun, I have never done this before.

shinerbock_girl
10-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Well guys. i guess we can start planning on getting together for the Texans games again, because after this blow out, i doubt we will be shown in SA again the rest of the year.......What a depressing embarrassing loss....

hobie
10-15-2007, 03:08 AM
Well guys. i guess we can start planning on getting together for the Texans games again, because after this blow out, i doubt we will be shown in SA again the rest of the year.......What a depressing embarrassing loss....

Add to the fact the officiating was as bad as the play of the team, good thing the Titans are here next week, so you will get that game. Now if they change back to the Texans of weeks 1-2, you might have a shot at seeing them again.
At least the Titans laid a turd yesterday also!

spurstexanstros
10-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Thats what I was thinking. I have seen Texizgreat on the other board. Any sanny of V-man or Treygar or manny. I dont want to sound pessimistic but we may have to start figuring out where it will be. If the Texans keep winning we may not have the problem and games like that.... they could win the rest and they will still get preempted.

shinerbock_girl
10-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Thats what I was thinking. I have seen Texizgreat on the other board. Any sanny of V-man or Treygar or manny. I dont want to sound pessimistic but we may have to start figuring out where it will be. If the Texans keep winning we may not have the problem and games like that.... they could win the rest and they will still get preempted.

Doesn't matter to me where we go....I'm open for anything...Isn't 2 of their games also only being shown on the NFL Network??? Which i don't have because of lousy TWC....

V Man
10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
There are 3 games that I know for sure that we will have to make plans for getting together for. One is the Thursday (12/13) game vs Denver, but we knew that one already.

Other two are 11/18 vs New Orleans and 12/9 vs Tampa Bay. Both are on Fox and at the same time as the Cowboys game. So guess we can start making plans for them.

shinerbock_girl
10-17-2007, 05:40 PM
There are 3 games that I know for sure that we will have to make plans for getting together for. One is the Thursday (12/13) game vs Denver, but we knew that one already.

Other two are 11/18 vs New Orleans and 12/9 vs Tampa Bay. Both are on Fox and at the same time as the Cowboys game. So guess we can start making plans for them.

Sounds good....I may be at the Denver game because 2 of my friends wanted to go and party in Houston for a few days, not 100% sure just yet....I got offered tickets to the New Orleans game, but i will probably watch that one with you guys since New Orleans basically sucks this year anyways...Can Texzigreat get off work for those games???

V Man
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Sounds good....I may be at the Denver game because 2 of my friends wanted to go and party in Houston for a few days, not 100% sure just yet....I got offered tickets to the New Orleans game, but i will probably watch that one with you guys since New Orleans basically sucks this year anyways...Can Texzigreat get off work for those games???

yeah?

treygar
10-18-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm here I just lurk but yeah I'm down for any watch parties, espeically for the three games V-Man mentioned someone name or nominate the place and we can do it -

here is just a suggestion

11/18 - De Zavala - BW3/BWW
11/9 - Live Oak - BW3/BWW
12/13 - De Zavala - BW3/BWW

figure since the majority of you want the De Zavala location us in the NE side will give you the majority of games.

I don't like the one place we went to strictly based on traffic/location - that area is horrendous these days I hate the drive and it definitely has to be ruled out for the Thursday night game - but if we want to do one at each of the Northside BW's we can do it and we also need a contingency plan should our games start getting axed.

spurstexanstros
10-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm here I just lurk but yeah I'm down for any watch parties, espeically for the three games V-Man mentioned someone name or nominate the place and we can do it -

figure since the majority of you want the De Zavala location us in the NE side will give you the majority of games.

I don't like the one place we went to strictly based on traffic/location - that area is horrendous these days I hate the drive and it definitely has to be ruled out for the Thursday night game - but if we want to do one at each of the Northside BW's we can do it and we also need a contingency plan should our games start getting axed.

UHHH noo.. You guys remember on the DEC 13 the game. I have NFL network and you are welcome to come here. We can have a watch party and eat christmas type food and stuff. (not cooked by me, my wife is good cook) or we can have potluck. I have a big screen so it should be fun. Let me know

shinerbock_girl
10-19-2007, 07:51 AM

The only problem with the Live Oak location is that they go by majority of what the ppl there want to see, and we had to fight with the Browns fans for a TV with sound, and we lost, so iam sure that will happen again....What about that 1604 location??? How was that place???....And if it has to be at the De Zavala location, at least they do make sure the Texans will be shown....Not fond of the drive, but i want to make sure we are at least at a location that will have sound...

V Man
10-19-2007, 10:05 AM
The only problem with the Live Oak location is that they go by majority of what the ppl there want to see, and we had to fight with the Browns fans for a TV with sound, and we lost, so iam sure that will happen again....What about that 1604 location??? How was that place???....And if it has to be at the De Zavala location, at least they do make sure the Texans will be shown....Not fond of the drive, but i want to make sure we are at least at a location that will have sound...

The De Zavala always has the Texans on a big screen, but the problem will be (there and any other place we go) that the Cowboys are on at the same time, so they will get the sound.

shinerbock_girl
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
The De Zavala always has the Texans on a big screen, but the problem will be (there and any other place we go) that the Cowboys are on at the same time, so they will get the sound.

HMMM.....I thought the De Zavala location always made sure the Texans had the sound TV even if the Cowboys were playing...I didn't know that.

treygar
10-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Well whatever you guys wish to do I am game with, we can always call the locations the week of the game to see which one will provide sound - granted right now I wish I was blind so I didn't have to see a Vince-less Titans team destroy us.

I'm not online much but will try to check this thread once a week.

Texizgreat
11-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I am going to BWW on 281/1604 wont have time to get to Dezavala I get off work at 2:45

spurstexanstros
11-02-2007, 10:54 AM
You noticed Kens 5 jerked them off too I guess. I have to see if I can come . I think the wife has made plans for the family.

shinerbock_girl
11-02-2007, 05:45 PM
I am going to BWW on 281/1604 wont have time to get to Dezavala I get off work at 2:45

I may meet ya there...I have something to do, but i'm trying to get out of it so i can watch the game....I'm sure the other guys will see this post as well....

spurstexanstros
11-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I am most likely in. I have to clear up some early afternoon plans. Are yall sure they will have the game on and not the colts?

V Man
11-03-2007, 07:15 AM

I may meet ya there...I have something to do, but i'm trying to get out of it so i can watch the game....I'm sure the other guys will see this post as well....

I am going to be there.

Hopefully you will come despite that. :cool:

spurstexanstros
11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
I am going to be there.

Hopefully you will come despite that. :cool:

Can yall save me a seat I may be late because of basketball. Im gonna try to get there. Hmmmm i wonder if I should wear my Carr jersey?( cany any of yall read this?) I am having some trouble with my accounts. That or someone is following me around and putting me on the ban list or something.

shinerbock_girl
11-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Well guys, where will our watch party be for the Saints game???? :bat:

V Man
11-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Well guys, where will our watch party be for the Saints game???? :bat:

I am out, forgot that this is the weekend my family is getting together for Thanksgiving.

(hoping that fox has a double header this weekend)

shinerbock_girl
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I am out, forgot that this is the weekend my family is getting together for Thanksgiving.

(hoping that fox has a double header this weekend)

AHHH Rats....

spurstexanstros
11-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I am for the BWW at Dezavala. we went to the one at 281 & 1604 for the raiders game but the service wasnt good and they had trouble with screens had the Texans game on with no sound (that honor they gave to the Colts Pats game). I am hoping the one at Dezavala has the Texans game on with sound. They usually do . Thats where my vote is.

spurstexanstros
11-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Wait a second according to listings on here the Texans will be on free TV.
http://www.titantv.com/quickguide/quickguide.aspx

Fox will be having double header

Texans VS Saints and Redskins vs Cowboys.

Can anyone email Chuck Miketinac to see if its true. Wo knows they may jerk off the Texans. Here is to hoping they dont.
Just checked Direct Tv listings on the Comp and it said we shall get the Saints, Texans game. Keep your fingers crossed.

V Man
11-13-2007, 07:58 AM
AHHH Rats....

No I think we are having Turkey or maybe Ham, but I am sure we are not having Rats.:texflag:

FILO_girl
11-23-2007, 11:21 AM
OK San Antonio fans...
FILO may be in the house for the Tampa Bay game....where do y'all meet up? :texflag:

treygar
11-23-2007, 04:35 PM
OK San Antonio fans...
FILO may be in the house for the Tampa Bay game....where do y'all meet up? :texflag:

You have to be kidding me. The one weekend I'm in Houston you'll be up here :(

Was looking forward to some jungle juice.

Check your PM Filo_Girl!!

spurstexanstros
11-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Is titans game going to be on kens this week?

V Man
12-05-2007, 10:18 AM
OK San Antonio fans...

Several Different places (we rotate). But unfortunately I will not be in town this weekend. Maybe next time.

spurstexanstros
12-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Last time we met up at the 281 wild wings but didnt have a good experiance, I vote for the de za valla bww because they always have the Texans game on with sound.

spurstexanstros
12-08-2007, 08:39 PM
I am gonna watch the game at BWW at De zavala.. I hope.. I have to use my get out of jail free card though.. Hey anyone still up for thursday night get together? I have nfl network hope fuly it will be a game to get to .500

BSofA04
12-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Anything going on for this Thursday's game? I'd like to meet up with some of my fellow Texan fanatics at the local pub! Anyone down for Buffalo Wild Wings? Hooters? Hooligans?

BSofA04
12-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Anyone?!

V Man
12-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Anything going on for this Thursday's game? I'd like to meet up with some of my fellow Texan fanatics at the local pub! Anyone down for Buffalo Wild Wings? Hooters? Hooligans?

Anyone?!

I am game. I like BWWs, so what side of town you on?

BSofA04
12-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I am game. I like BWWs, so what side of town you on?

Cool man! I live on the Northside so both the BWW on DeZavala and 1604/281 are about the same distance. Is this near you?

V Man
12-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Cool man! I live on the Northside so both the BWW on DeZavala and 1604/281 are about the same distance. Is this near you?

Dezavala is closer, I am over by Seaworld

BSofA04
12-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Cool, I'll be there around 630 in a "Battle" Red long sleeve collared shirt and dress pants (coming straight from work). See you there.

BTW my name is Rick.

V Man
12-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Dezavala is closer, I am over by Seaworld

I will be at Dezavala around 6;30 to 6:45

Will be in my battle red Williams jersey.

treygar
12-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Ugh, not gonna make it guys but I want to. Who knows I may change my mind.

I may draw babysitting duty for my neices though we're all helping out my sister so she can work nights.

If I get out of that I may make the drive if not I'm stuck listening to it on the radio :(

BSofA04
12-13-2007, 11:16 PM
I will be at Dezavala around 6;30 to 6:45

Will be in my battle red Williams jersey.

V man,
It was great to meet you guys and celebrating a Texans victory! Can't wait until we get together again for another game! I had fun meeting fellow Texan fans in San Antonio.

Rick

V Man
12-13-2007, 11:22 PM
V man,
It was great to meet you guys and celebrating a Texans victory! Can't wait until we get together again for another game! I had fun meeting fellow Texan fans in San Antonio.

Rick

BS

Same here, great game.

V

shinerbock_girl
12-14-2007, 11:37 AM
BS

Same here, great game.

V

Hey you called but didn't leave a message....LOL...Whats up with that? I couldn't make it, had some friends over and they were too broke to watch it in a bar....Sounds like y'all had a good time...Next time, leave a message you fool....:shades:

shinerbock_girl
12-14-2007, 12:08 PM
BS

Same here, great game.

V

HOLY COW!!!!! Iam sooo sorry, Erik did leave a message last nite, My phones been screwing up, and boy did you guys sound loaded.....LOL....I could barely understand him, but for the record about his question, Sorry Erik, V-man was right, excluding this year, 6-10 last year was not the best record, 2004 was at 7-10....So what was the bet??

OOPPSS, Had to edit, meant 7-9

Drew_Smoke
12-21-2007, 12:15 PM
No SA watchin' this week? It seems to me your gigs are good luck. I will be passing thru town Sunday (if we come back that day) on the way back from Leakey.

If y'all are getting together, can someone please post up simple directions like off of 410 or whatever. I grew up there but its been a long time.

It'd be cool to meet some of you from out west.

Thanks

V Man
12-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Any of my fellow SA fans interested in getting together for the last game of the season?

I know I am.