PDA

View Full Version : We should beat the Chiefs at home

bayshorebevo
07-17-2007, 08:58 PM
The crowd will be going nuts since we will be undefeatd for the year. Might be a low scoring game with us putting new guys out there and the Chiefs not having a set qb. Texans 17-10

Texanmike02
07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks for that

brakos82
07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
While we're on the topic of optimism,...

I'd say we go 6-3 to bye week. :fans: Maybe that's enough for SNF against the Saints.

Texanmike02
07-17-2007, 10:04 PM
I think in that case I should gracefully bow out of this discussion lol...

Mike

Goldensilence
07-18-2007, 01:36 AM
If the cards play out liek the yare looking we should beatthe Chiefs. They lost two pro-bowl, HOF caliber lineman in Shields and Roaf. While Huard was effective enough to get the job done last year i think Herm's going to want to start Croyle. that bodes well out of the gates...add Allen's suspension and a suspect KC defense. Could very well jump start our confidence to start the season

nunusguy
07-18-2007, 07:56 AM
In the face of uncertaintly at QB in KC after Greens departure and
their top pass rusher under suspension for the game, the Vegas book still has us favored by only a meer point, but atleast we're favored.
We should win this game, but I'm afraid to say it is the only one we may have a realistic chance of winning in September, certainly the only one we'll be favored to win.

HuttoKarl
07-18-2007, 09:19 AM
We WILL beat the Chiefs at home.

Texan_Bill
07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
I love the optimism and I have us penciled to beat the 'Chefs' as well, but we better be able to stop Larry Johnson who's had back-to-back 1700 yard rushing seasons..... I'm just sayin'!

Heath Shuler
07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
I love the optimism and I have us penciled to beat the 'Chefs' as well, but we better be able to stop Larry Johnson who's had back-to-back 1700 yard rushing seasons..... I'm just sayin'!

Hopefully he will be a holdout.:)

HuttoKarl
07-18-2007, 09:54 AM

If he's not holding out, he's still running behind an O-Line that lost a couple key starters last season.

How'd LJ look against the Colts in the playoffs? they gameplanned him perfectly...I'd be willing to bet that Kubiak's got that film loaded up.

Dallas_Texan
07-18-2007, 10:06 AM
In the face of uncertaintly at QB in KC after Greens departure and
their top pass rusher under suspension for the game, the Vegas book still has us favored by only a meer point, but atleast we're favored.
We should win this game, but I'm afraid to say it is the only one we may have a realistic chance of winning in September, certainly the only one we'll be favored to win.

Where have you heard these rumors? All I've heard is Huard is the guy. That's why they're paying him starter money now. When did this change?

Texan_Bill
07-18-2007, 10:12 AM
If he's not holding out, he's still running behind an O-Line that lost a couple key starters last season.

How'd LJ look against the Colts in the playoffs? they gameplanned him perfectly...I'd be willing to bet that Kubiak's got that film loaded up.

I hear what you're sayin' and I'm hoping that it comes to fruition. But again, he rushed for 1700 yards prior to the play-offs.

PS.... I am not taking that bet... lol!!

HOU-TEX
07-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Where have you heard these rumors? All I've heard is Huard is the guy. That's why they're paying him starter money now. When did this change?

I agree. I'm not sure where all this 'Croyle will be the chiefs starter' is coming from. IMO, the chiefs would be crazy not to start Huard.

Goldensilence
07-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Huard got paid real nice backup money that i'll give you. But that's all he's been... I don't see a Rich Gannon-esque move to prominence for Damon. Herm seems pretty bent on turning the roster over and i'd be willing to bet they were one of if not the oldest teams last year. Dick Vermeil loved veteran players and while i'm saying they were bad but i'm not sure about some of their drafts lately.

IMO if Croyle has a good TC and shows something...might not be our game but he'll see PT this year.

maddogmrb
07-18-2007, 07:37 PM
As of today, I think they will run, run, run, and we will run, run, run and the final will be Texans 13 Chiefs 12 as Owen Daniels catches the game winning TD late in the 4th.

Shaft75
07-19-2007, 02:30 AM
I was at an all-inclusive this past weekend in Playa Del Carmen for a friend's wedding. We spent most of our time drinking at the pool, and I know... it was rough. Anyways, there was this huge guy there that was throwing the football around with us and one of his buds pointed out that he was an OL for the Chiefs, Chris Bober, starting left guard.

I had some Micheladas and a couple of bacardi and cokes allready so I felt obliged to trash talk. So I struck a conversation with the guy and asked about Jordan Black since they played together. He had nothing but great things to say about him, "great player and really good friend, yada yada yada..." Then I let him know that he was going to be owned come the season opener by a guy named Amobi and a guy named Mario. He snickered and said "Who are they? Mario who?" I said "You'll see the back of their jerseys when they are sacking your qb." He waded away laughing.

The mindgames have allready started thanks to yours truly! I saw the fear in his eyes.
:d:

HuttoKarl
07-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I was at an all-inclusive this past weekend in Playa Del Carmen for a friend's wedding. We spent most of our time drinking at the pool, and I know... it was rough. Anyways, there was this huge guy there that was throwing the football around with us and one of his buds pointed out that he was an OL for the Chiefs, Chris Bober, starting left guard.

I had some Micheladas and a couple of bacardi and cokes allready so I felt obliged to trash talk. So I struck a conversation with the guy and asked about Jordan Black since they played together. He had nothing but great things to say about him, "great player and really good friend, yada yada yada..." Then I let him know that he was going to be owned come the season opener by a guy named Amobi and a guy named Mario. He snickered and said "Who are they? Mario who?" I said "You'll see the back of their jerseys when they are sacking your qb." He waded away laughing.

The mindgames have allready started thanks to yours truly! I saw the fear in his eyes.

YES!!!

Texan_Bill
07-19-2007, 11:40 AM

Forget mind games, why didnt you just drop 'em right there Shaft??.... :pirate:

HardcoreTexan
07-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Houston will definatly win the first game 24-13:texflag:

brakos82
07-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Houston will definatly win the first game 24-13:texflag:

Sorry, but 20-10 seems more realistic. :texflag:

DocBar
07-19-2007, 04:46 PM

THAT IS GREAT!!!! Nothing like trash talking to the players themselves. He might not know Okoye's name, but I'm sure he'll know his shoe size after the game. He'll just have to look down at his chest!

Yankee_In_TX
07-19-2007, 05:46 PM

If there was an Espy for "best trash talking by a fan" that would have my vote :)

gary
07-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Mine to

Shaft75
07-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Forget mind games, why didnt you just drop 'em right there Shaft??.... :pirate:

That would make my story waaaaaay better! Maybe a stay in a Mexican jail wasn't worth praise on the board, lol...

brakos82
07-20-2007, 01:37 AM
That would make my story waaaaaay better! Maybe a stay in a Mexican jail wasn't worth praise on the board, lol...

You can breka out of a Mexican jail with a radio and salsa.

Shaft75
07-20-2007, 01:41 AM
You can breka out of a Mexican jail with a radio and salsa.

You mean as bribes???

brakos82
07-20-2007, 02:03 AM
You mean as bribes???

No. You can use the power from the radio to dissolve metal bars with salsa. I saw it on Mytbusters once.

OK, maybe that would work too.

Texanmike02
07-20-2007, 02:09 AM
No. You can use the power from the radio to dissolve metal bars with salsa. I saw it on Mytbusters once.

OK, maybe that would work too.

Geez how can you be so stupid... come on guys...

Texanmike02
07-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Geez how can you be so stupid... come on guys...

Don't ya'll know it was McGyver? Man you don't know anything about football or science... After McGyver did it... Bill Neigh and Mr. Science did a show together and verified it.. this is way before that walrus on Mythbusters did it.

:wild: :bat: :whip: :user:
:cool: Mike:cool:

Shaft75
07-20-2007, 03:01 PM
If there was an Espy for "best trash talking by a fan" that would have my vote :)

"First of all, I would like to thank the Texans' Organization, the fans, and most importantly the alcohol that I had that afternoon to make this happen. I couldn't have done it without you, Coronas..."

dickieb
07-22-2007, 12:32 AM
It would help our cause to win if we take out their new QB, like Trent Green got took out in game 1 last year!

brakos82
07-22-2007, 12:41 AM
It would help our cause to win if we take out their new QB, like Trent Green got took out in game 1 last year!

that would also help the Raiders' cause, so only for a week. :cowboy1:

dickieb
07-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Wouldn't it be sweet if our "D" guys are hitting that hard though, preferrably not when a guy is sliding but just hitting hard and wrapping up. Like in the good old days ... in The House of Pain!

TexanAddict
07-23-2007, 02:50 PM
From si.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/07/20/snap.judgments/index.html):

With the possible exception of Atlanta, I don't see any other NFL locale that has more potential storm clouds gathering than K.C. as we enter late July. There has to be at least a sense of building trepidation among Chiefs fans as they review their team's key storylines for 2007:

-- Pro Bowl running back Larry Johnson's likelihood of being a camp no-show in his quest for a new contract extension. L.J. wants L.T. money, and the Chiefs seem unlikely to award him the kind of jackpot San Diego gave LaDainian Tomlinson.

-- The further weakening of the Chiefs' vaunted offensive line, which has been so instrumental to their offensive success in recent years. K.C. lost Pro Bowl perennials Willie Roaf (tackle) and Will Shields (guard) to retirement the past two offseasons.

-- The uncertainty at starting quarterback after the long-delayed trade of Trent Green to Miami. There appears to be the possibility of a less than level-field quarterback competition this preseason, tilting toward the presumed quarterback of the future, Brodie Croyle, over the more productive but less promising veteran, Damon Huard. It almost goes without saying that such situations have the potential to divide a locker room between those veterans who want to win now with Huard, rather than suffer through the inevitable growing pains that Croyle must endure as part of his long-term development.

-- The two-game league suspension for a pair of DUI arrests (reduced from four games) that defensive end Jared Allen must serve in September, which will weaken the Chiefs pass rush for their season-opening two-game road trip to Houston and Chicago. Kansas City's defense needs all the playmakers it can get, so subtracting the productive Allen won't help.

Figured it might fit in this thread.

HOU-TEX
07-23-2007, 03:05 PM
KC + Herm Edwards = Going Nowhere

I never have thought Edwards was a very good head coach. :cowboy1: