PDA

View Full Version : rookie signings

vtech9
07-16-2007, 09:31 PM
It is getting close to training camp, and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that the Texans have signed any of their draft picks. Have the Texans signed anyone yet? Will they get all of the rookies signed before training camp or will this be the first year the Texans have a hold out? Inquiring minds want to know.

Overalls
07-17-2007, 07:22 AM
I haven't heard anything either. I'm not really concernd yet, but it is getting close to time. I haven't heard where many other teams have signed their top rookies either. There has been some signings of lower draft picks, but it seems like the teams are slow, this year getting people to sign on the dotted line. Last I heard only 1 1st round pick had signed.

dalemurphy
07-17-2007, 08:41 AM
This is the only thing the last regime did right. They were excellent at getting guys signed early. I believe they were one of only a very few teams in the league that actively negotiated deals in early July.

TEXANS84
07-17-2007, 09:33 AM
This is the only thing the last regime did right. They were excellent at getting guys signed early. I believe they were one of only a very few teams in the league that actively negotiated deals in early July.

Yes, because we dished out ridiculous contracts.

HJam72
07-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Yes, because we dished out ridiculous contracts.

Bada-boom bada-bing. :gun:

Porky
07-17-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't think it was their rookie contracts that were ridicoulous. It was their FA signings. In their defense, a bad team usually has to overpay to attract talent.

I bet they have tentative agreements in place or are very close to that, with all but Omobi. I bet we will hear something within the week or so on all but Amobi. He will come down to the wire. Might miss a day or two, but I seriousely doubt we will see any kind of extended holdout. :texflag: