PDA

View Full Version : NOLA bidding for NFL Draft

nunusguy
07-15-2007, 08:58 AM
NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans is hoping it gets picked for the NFL draft.

The Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation has sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell seeking to host the annual draft and turn it into a week-long celebration -- complete with events including a Mardi Gras-style parade and civic events involving retired NFL players.

The draft either would be held at the convention center or the New Orleans Arena, said Jay Cicero, the foundation president leading the effort. The NFL has not responded to the plan, he said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2936685
NOLA was in steep decline before the disastor of Katrina just 2 years ago, and now its become a truley second-class, backwater city which
is even more violent, lawless, and dangerous than in the past.
But my vote has to go to Vegas. Dunno how you could come up with a better location for the Draft ?

awtysst
07-15-2007, 11:39 AM
NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans is hoping it gets picked for the NFL draft.

The Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation has sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell seeking to host the annual draft and turn it into a week-long celebration -- complete with events including a Mardi Gras-style parade and civic events involving retired NFL players.

The draft either would be held at the convention center or the New Orleans Arena, said Jay Cicero, the foundation president leading the effort. The NFL has not responded to the plan, he said.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2936685
NOLA was in steep decline before the disastor of Katrina just 2 years ago, and now its become a truley second-class, backwater city which
is even more violent, lawless, and dangerous than in the past.
But my vote has to go to Vegas. Dunno how you could come up with a better location for the Draft ?

Why not make it like the superbowl and let it be hosted by a rotation of NFL cities. That way all fans can go there and we don't have to see and hear the Giants and Jets fans booing whatever their team does.

Bynum610
07-15-2007, 10:38 PM
I think New Orleans would be a great location for the draft. Just got back from NOLA, and as usual, I had a great time. The NFL loves putting the Super Bowl there because everyone always enjoys themselves, and because of that I wouldn't be suprised to see the draft being held there one day.

I like the idea of the rotation, too. Cities like Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego, New Orleans, and maybe Nashville, along with NYC could host the draft. I'd love to see that.

TexansSeminole
07-15-2007, 11:05 PM
I like both the ideas of Vegas and the rotation of cities. Flashy Vegas is doubly good because there is no NFL team in Vegas.

awtysst
07-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I think New Orleans would be a great location for the draft. Just got back from NOLA, and as usual, I had a great time. The NFL loves putting the Super Bowl there because everyone always enjoys themselves, and because of that I wouldn't be suprised to see the draft being held there one day.

I like the idea of the rotation, too. Cities like Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego, New Orleans, and maybe Nashville, along with NYC could host the draft. I'd love to see that.

don't forget Htown!

Carr Bombed
07-16-2007, 01:30 AM

Nashville..... :laughjump: yeah, lets go ahead and schedule Jacksonville in the rotation also.......seeing how the superbowl went so lovely there.

Bynum610
07-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Nashville..... :laughjump: yeah, lets go ahead and schedule Jacksonville in the rotation also.......seeing how the superbowl went so lovely there.

Well, I'm not talking about the Super Bowl, I'm talking about the draft in Nashville. That may even be a stretch, but with all the tourist draws related to the music industry, I think it would be an attractive destination for people who want to see the draft and enjoy the city as well.

Goldensilence
07-16-2007, 08:13 AM
i think the mention of Nashville even in a semi positive light on this board won't go over well...much less the entire state of Tennessee.

Kaiser Toro
07-16-2007, 08:24 AM
NOLA, Las Vegas and NY would be a great rotation for the draft to allow more fans the ability to view it live.

jlam
07-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Edit

Kaiser Toro
07-16-2007, 08:44 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1Y73sPHKxw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a1Y73sPHKxw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

syntax error

jlam
07-16-2007, 08:45 AM
syntax error

Indeed

HuttoKarl
07-16-2007, 09:19 AM
It has to stay in NYC so we can see the Jets fans hate on their team's pick.

Makes the draft every year.

cuppacoffee
07-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Coming soon....to an NFL stadium near you:..:lightbulb:

"For lease..advertising space on the the wall above every urinal, to be followed by advertising space on the inside wall of every stall door in every restroom.". What can we advertise on rolls of tissue? :money:

Gotta bleed them suckas for every dime. :howdy:

Kinda wonder what companies would seek these avenues?

:coffee:

Second Honeymoon
07-16-2007, 10:43 AM
keep it in new york. vegas isn't a horrible idea but if it aint broke, don't fix it.