PDA

View Full Version : “Blessing from Texas”

Double Barrel
07-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Found this interesting, even if it's ancient news:

Join jaguars.com senior editor Vic Ketchman as he tackles the fans' tough questions.

Mark from Ponte Vedra Beach, FL: I am surprised that some fans think the Jaguars are cursed. I actually think they are blessed. They had a horrible salary cap mess and the Houston Texans bailed them out in the expansion draft by taking Tony Boselli and others. Where do you think the Jaguars would be today were it not for the “Blessing from Texas?”

Vic: They wouldn’t have nearly as strong a roster as they have. You’re absolutely right when you say the Jaguars were blessed that the Texans bailed them out.

Source (http://www.jaguars.com:80/News/Article.aspx?id=6132)

Good ol' Casserly. Always willing to help....the other team! :bigboss:

brakos82
07-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I think he watches too much ESPN. :locked:

TexansSeminole
07-12-2007, 06:27 PM
It will be great when we have a couple more years with Kubiak and Rick Smith and we can forget about alot of the old administration.

Double Barrel
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
The funny thing is that the Jags are cursed in one way: we've owned them for five seasons. :heh: :texflag:

Overalls
07-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Sad but true. Although those events happened way back when we are still critisized for it. Most of us know that we took Tony to ensure that we would get Seth and Gary. The thing is that Tony never played for us and the other two are no longer on the team. Did Gary and Seth help us in our
1st 3 seasons of course. Did we still do much in our 1st 3 seasons? No but we did make progress. So yes we helped the Jags out of their cap mess, but it still hasn't help them beat us.